[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_0492.jpg (56KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492.jpg
56KB, 440x640px
What went wrong?
>>
evil speedsters every season
>>
>>89959427
Season 1 went great, and they were too scared to deviate from the formula.
Also too many Speedsters spoils the Speedforce.
>>
>>89959427
Caitlin's not a nudist.
>>
>tfw no patty
>>
>>89959427
Fucking bottom-barrel love interest 'drama' that was the same regurgitated hash from every other piece of super media ever

And that was just season 1
>>
>>89959427
tried to be too clever with Zoom's identity, wrote themself into a corner and had to resort to the least clever answer anyway after wasting half the season
>>
File: I get that reference.gif (882KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
I get that reference.gif
882KB, 245x245px
>>89959427
Season 2. But 3 hasn't been too bad and the Gorilla arc looks great.
>>
>>89959464
Gave up after s2, is this seasons baddy a Speedster?
>>
>Started off the series implying major time travel shenanigans and then suddenly said "okay, no more time traveling because a spooky ghost doesn't like it and also Jay told me time cracks like a tea cup"

>Barry isn't fast. In fact, in a recent episode him and Wally can't even catch up to a SUV full of thugs. He's constantly getting his ass kicked because people who move at normal speed can still beat the fucking shit out of him
>>
>>89959493
Its basically boiler plate CW show, lol.
>>
>>89959543
Speed God.

So yes, absolutely, he's just like...super fast guys. Like even faster than fast.

It's dumb.
>>
>>89959552
They were using speed dampenning weapons + Barry wanted Wally to win
>>
>using live action actors means you can't just kill off characters or introduce new characters or have characters only show up a few times in an episode
>being live action means super power moments are limited
>because it's live action the writers have limited access to DC lore
>all references to the Justice League will just be foreshadowing, if we do get see the Hall Of Justice it will probably be in an epilogue where we see every CW superhero in their new costumes
>all references to major DC characters will just be Easter Eggs. We'll never actually see Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Batman
>because it's live action well never see heroes in costumes that look like the comics. All the costumes will look like normal clothes with murky colors
>>
>>89959552
Well... when your main character can move almost as fast as a bullet I do imagine writing legitimate threats is difficult.
>>
Continued after the literally perfect first season.

Literally the only good season 2 episode is Flash Back and that's because we see Zoom-Wells again.
>>
It's dumb, but I really do feel like Rebirth has killed it. Like I was only watching it for a Flash fix because I was so bootyblasted about comics but now Wally is back so I just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>89959684
>Literally perfect first season

It was mostly good, and the hype train with /co/ was fun, but there were still plenty of problems with the characters and their damn relationships. These problems were only exacerbated in later seasons.
>>
>>89959649

But this is what writers don't understand. Superhero shit is about more than whooping a bad guy's ass. Superman doesn't spend all day going around giving beatdowns. He catches a plane falling from the sky. He stops a bus from crashing. He saves people right in the nick of time. It's rare that The Flash series has Barry use his powers in that way, and when he does have to rescue people from a disaster it's because a metahuman just took a meta shit and knocked a building down. It shouldn't always be about some bad guy, and the fact that they rely on the bad guy of the week formula actually makes it worse every time they do it
>>
>>89959484
That too. No nudist Patty.
>>
>>89959762
One of Wally's greatest issues was about him and some woman falling out of an airplane.
>>
>>89959477
This, just bugs the shit out of me every episode. Why did they choose to have Caitlin wear clothes?
>>
>>89959427
>villain of the season is always a Speedster that's faster than Barry
>>
>>89960600
But Barry is the fastest man alive. He says so in the intro...
>>
>>89959427
It's not a bad show, but after a while it just seems like it's the same shit over and over again.

The flash is running in circles.
>>
>>89959812
>>89959477
Same person?
>>
>>89960989
Yes. Why let the hot women wear clothes?
>>
File: 1486801987156.png (358KB, 1080x986px) Image search: [Google]
1486801987156.png
358KB, 1080x986px
They keep forcing LGBT & interracial "diversity" and keep making terrible modern culture references to let the kids know the show "intolerance" is uncool... Ex: Beyonce being mayor in one episode in the future. Constant snappy black ebonics twists on words to seem snappy yet inclusive over Barry's intercom from Cisco and Wells' daughter and Caitlin.
>>
>>89959606
>speed dampenning weapons
Uh.... huh.
>>
>>89959762

Not just this but also Barry shouldn't need a peanut gallery either and only serve purpose of padding out episodes where they don't even need to be.

He needs people to tell him to go fast. Explain.
>>
File: Speedforce.jpg (38KB, 589x399px) Image search: [Google]
Speedforce.jpg
38KB, 589x399px
>>89961089
>>
>>89959753
this. like season 1 is still the gold standard, i think the only other season that has been as good across dctv is arrow season 2. but s1 was also not without its growing pains. it had an ok beginning (ep 1-6), a more solid middle (ep 7-16) and a fantastic end (17-23). that fantastic end is pretty much the most remembered part of the series, as everything they built up with thawne finally begins to pay off.

they pretty much tried to replicate that same feeling with jay zolomon, but failed to realize what the appeal of thawne was. season 3 is doing better on that end - savitar is kind of a lame CG villain but you can't say he's a reverse flash knockoff like zoom was
>>
>>89961037
>Beyonce being mayor in one episode in the future.
she was a senator on earth-2, you philistine.

in all seriousness, you're wrong. back to /pol/ with you.
>>
>>89959427

No one in the team as any idea of science or science fiction (Neither does Johns and he had a great run), it's on the CW a channel aimed to teen girls, too many niggers, pathetic attemps at diversity, bad actors, bad acting, a flash that isnt really fast. And "you gotta go faster varri"
>>
>>89961237
Seeing colored people on television upsets him.
>>
File: Reverse Flash Logo.jpg (87KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
Reverse Flash Logo.jpg
87KB, 630x630px
>Its on the CW
>Forced teen tier drama
>Costumes are wildly inconsistent like they cant decide whats too silly, varying from good, to shit, to no costume at all
>Barry is fucking retarded because he forgets half his powers, needs constant coaching, makes repeated mistakes, and his forensic background is practically forgotten
>About a dozen people know his identity, and team STAR Labs doing everything for Barry is fucking dumb
>Rogues are nonexistent
>Reverse Flashes characters are all mixed up/OC
>Every season big bad has been an evil speedster
>Iris is annoying
>Caitlin has to find new ways to become relevant, whether its about a failed love interest falling for her poison womb, or her afraid of becoming evil because of reasons.
>I want to punch Cisco in his fucking face, Vibe powers are whatever the plot needs them to be
>Characters are forgotten entirely like Dr Light and Pied Piper
>Completely wasted the Jay Garrick mentor thing season 2
>Not ginger Wally
>>
>>89960710
>Running in circles
Thats practically how he sloves every problem on this show
>>
>>89960710
Its a bad show, it's just that you are a dumbass that only watches cartoons, capeshit and popcorn movies at the cinema and crap tv.

Flash was always a bad show, but it used to be a fun interesting bad show.
>>
>Decide to use Music Meister for a musical episode
>Dont give him an over the top outfit that compliments his ridiculous but fun ability, but instead hes just another guy in a suit
This is just as fucking retarded as Mirror Master (or the rest of the Rogues for that matter) not getting a decent costume. You have Wally running around in that dumbass yellow getup but somehow we cant get half the villains to suit up? Someone over at CW has a leather fetish
>>
>>89961237
Fuck off, and that is retarded, i was pissed when in the dr strange movie they named her, she isnt big outside america. for some reason American media seems obssessed into make her the new Madonna or Cher or something like that, She is a known pop star, why pretend she isnt a dumbass?
If that anon finds that pandering he is right, shut up about /pol/ not everyone who dislikes that is from that board
>>
>>89961498
the outfit is bad but no NPH is worse
>>
>>89961586

NPH is busy with Series Of Unfortunate Events
>>
>>89961313

Dr. Light is still running around naked.
Pied Pier is supposed to be their friend now, but he is never seen hanging out with them.
>>
>>89961740
Well that's...unfortunate.
>>
>>89961508
wow you're a fucking idiot dude.
>>
>>89962619
Calm thine tits.
>>
>>89961037
Wait what? Did we watch the same show? I'm a pretty big /pol/ack myself and saw nothing SJW in entirety of 3 seasons. Of course judging by how characters are written, especially Iris, you can try to imply that but it was never actually shown. Are you alright?
>>
>>89959427
>BLACK
>FUCKING
>IRIS
I want my fucking redhead you bastards. How would you mother fuckers feel if we made Mr. Terrific asian or made Luke Cage white english. You fuckers and your damn race cards.
>>
>>89963764
Yes, white redhead nudist Iris please.
>>
>>89961508
>Cher

Who? Even I know who Beyonce is.
>>
>>89963764
But Iris is brunette not redhead. She's not even a natural born West, she's adopted from the future.

Fucking casuals.
>>
>>89959427
>Focusing more on cheesy garbage than actual powers.
>>
>>89959427
Throwing the Rogues away to Legends
>>
>>89964780
And to wherever the other living villains went.
>>
>>89959427
I know Cold and Heat Wave are currently unavailable to the Flash show, but why not use Mirror Master and Top more? Or Weather Wizard? Or Tar-Pit?
>>
Nothing really, it's fun. More than I can say for Supergirl, Jessica Jones or Luke Cage
>>
>>89965674
I've been wondering that a lot myself.
>>
>>89959427
Everything.
I don't understand why people like season 1. Barry is constanly beat up by usual people with unusual weapon. In one episode the science guy was held hostage in some mansion and build a ice gun out of shit and sticks, after that he was asked to build a gun that turns everything to gold, so he did, and guess what they did with it. They went robbing bank, with a gun that shoots gold.
The show was garbage from begining and you know that.
>>
File: Y1242nQ.jpg (1020KB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Y1242nQ.jpg
1020KB, 3840x2400px
>>
>>89966145
It wasn't actual gold and they established in that episode that robbing banks was just a bonus. The real prize was the thrill.
>>
>>89965783
If there is one thing Supergirl is really doing right this season, it's utilizing the rogues gallery. Metallo, Livewire, Cyborg Superman, etc.
>>
>>89961498
Hatley Rattwell confirmed for costume designer (remember his comment about leather?)
>>
Season 2 ending shitting all over Barry's character development in that season.
>>
>>89959427
Wally is the new Felicity.
>>
>>89959427
>>89959427
Where the hell is Hermes in the midst of all this God of Speed bullshit?
>>
They didn't understand what made Wells work.
Wells/Thawne was Barry's most personal enemy.
Zoom and Savitar are just boring one-note shit villains.
>>
>>89968269
The ending didn't do that. The penultimate episode did that RIGHT after the development took place.
>>
>>89959427
Ironically, the pace of each episode was too slow with tons of filler. I just want my fast runny man.
>>
Why do these shows keep replacing redheads with black people?
Wally
Iris
Jimmy Olsen
Hawk Girl
I think I'm forgetting one or two others
>>
>>89965674
Because the actors got other gigs.

Mirror Master and Top are supposed to return before season 3 ends anyway.
>>
>>89970307
Why do people pretend Iris is redheaded when she's almost always had brown hair?

The Iris with red hair is Wally's daughter not his aunt.
>>
>>89970708
ok, lets ignore hair colour
WHY IS SHE A NIGGER?
>>
>>89970708
It's a mystery
>>
>>89970708
We may never find out
>>
>>89961037
They only thing you're right about is the interracial. The west kids like their lovers white.
>>
>>89970708
Who knows man
>>
>>89970779
That's brown

>>89970796
And this is just proof that normies should be seen and not heard. Cartoons are not the source material.
>>
>>89961508
Black people everywhere see her as a god, friend.
>>
>>89970708
No idea
>>
>>89970729
Because they casted the dad first based on talent and wanted the actress to match. Still doesn't make sense to pretend like her hair shouldn't be brown.
>>
>>89970832
>based on talent
based on "fuck you comic fans, white girls father will be now white because we say so"
fuck off, not muh Iris West
>>
>>89970815
Looks pretty red to me.
And way more people know the shows than the comics. Either way, the point still stands
>>
>>89970307
Hawkgirl was the biggest offense. A fucking CUTE redhead replaced by a straight up horse teeth having black girl made me sick
>>
>>89970860
I didn't say it was wrong or right, just saying that was the reasoning behind it.

>>89970862
That's not what red hair looks like in Manapul's art style. And why would you use one adaption to complain about the other when they both are wrong?
>>
File: Kendra Saunders.jpg (50KB, 428x649px) Image search: [Google]
Kendra Saunders.jpg
50KB, 428x649px
>>89970910
Kendra was never a redhead and was always brown.

Seriously, /pol/, you're embarrasing yourselves.
>>
>>89970934
>it's red
>that's not what red is in this guys style
>3 other pictures from 3 other sources of her with red hair
Hmmmmm
>>89970980
That doesn't look like a horse mouth African to me
>>
>>89970980
>le casuls it doesn't matter if shes a half horse half black terrible actor because one time she was a little tan
>>
File: tmp_28907-th-624486944.jpg (6KB, 160x196px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28907-th-624486944.jpg
6KB, 160x196px
>>89970980
Go fuck yourself nerd
>>
>>89971143
>>89971162
That's kind of a bad example. It's pretty obvious they were only interested in using the Kendra incarnation of Hawkwoman.
>>
Nothing went wrong, it was already on the cusp of bad.

But Professor Zoom was literally written and acted pitch perfect that no one cared.
>>
>>89959623
We've already seen the Hall of Justice
>>
ITT: A lot of people don't understand that actors work multiple jobs and shows have to work around that
>>
>>89959427
>my name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man alive
>literally every season some dipshit shows up and is faster than Barry.

I like the show but man this is getting stupid, can for once Barry actually be the fastest man alive and actually use his speed powers to BE the fastest man alive instead of the same old same old repetitive:
>X is faster that you
>you'd better get faster
> P E P T A L K
>Barry gets faster
>overcomes the obstacle in front of him
>next episode

It doesn't help that each iteration of Dr Wells is less good. S2 Wells was cool but S3 HR is fucking awful. He has some good lines but he's just annoying and there's no character reason as to why the Star Labs team even bother to keep him around. S1 Eobard Wells was a great rework on the Reverse Flash story and Dr Wells scooting around in his wheelchair being the mentor figure was just top /comf/. Also they ditched Captain Cold and without Reverse Flash the series is just scraping the bottom of the barrel for bad guy speed guys, but not having the og speed guy Jay Garrick as more of a regular character.
>>
>>
>>89961361
Well within the standards of entertainment that you mentioned, it's a good show. A good capeshit show.
>>
>>89959623
>using live action actors means you can't just kill off characters or introduce new characters or have characters only show up a few times in an episode.

What does that have to do with live-action?
>>
>>89959427
What went wrong? Eobard stopped being a main character. Which is ofcourse the reason for legends of tomorrow having improved
>>
>>89973335
No, the reason LoT is improved is because they've (mostly) stopped pretending that the team can have any good ideas whatsoever.
>>
>>89963764
I don't really have problems with race-bending, but it is starting to get weird that redheads are always the first to go when this happens. Wally West, MJ in Homecoming, Red in Shawshank Redemption...

What could it all mean?
>>
>>89973452
>mj
>>
WHY IS BARRY NOT BLONDE

NOT EVEN IN THE MOVIE REEEEE
>>
>>89973452
>MJ in Homecoming

She's not in "Homecoming".
>>
>>89973800
This has been confirmed then?
>>
>>89974553
Yes.
>>
>>89961138
>Not just this but also Barry shouldn't need a peanut gallery either
This is one of the show's biggest problems to me. Barry hardly ever solves his own problems, he always needs his friends to tell him how to do thing. I LIKE Team Flash, but jesus christ Barry is an idiot. It's not even difficult solutions they provide. It's just "RUN FASTER, BARRY!" every time.
So then things just end up becoming repetitive, from single episodes to season-long arcs.
The writers don't really know how to be creative with his powers.
And I don't think the relationship drama is that big of a problem Y'all just get too worked up over it.
>>
>>89975523
>Barry is supposed to be brilliant
>can't do shit without being told
>Kara is depicted with pretty normal intelligence
>her peanut gallery is mostly there for logistical support and backup, not to tell her how to do her job
>>
>>89975523
The relationship drama was worse in the first season, by a long shot, and it has been toned down since then.

But the journey to toned down was such a horrible one.
>>
>>89975619
>pretty normal intelligence

She's borderline retarded with her naivete.
>>
>>89975523
But that's not really true. Yes, they overused that in season 2, but in season 1 it was a pretty collaborative effort between Barry and Wells, which made narrative sense; and in season 3 Barry comes up with most of the solutions himself.

I understand the complaint, but the issue is being overblown.
>>
Can someone PLEASE try to explain to me why they somehow think they can't change the future?

When they have about 5 times, and LoT does it on the reg?
>>
>>89975758
Because the future "wants to happen". Which means even if they alter the circumstances, the grander order of events will still happen.

Also don't bring LoT into this. Their time-travel rules are completely different despite being in a shared universe.
>>
>>89975946
The future doesn't want to happen.
It's one event that happens about a month or two in the future.

It'd be the easiest thing they could ever change.
Unlike, say, over 20 years of a man's life.
>>
>>89975993
Fate will cause something similar in effect to happen.
>>
>>89971674

We've seen an old STAR Labs warehouse. We won't see Hall of Justice with the fancy waterfront until the series finale.
>>
Did I miss something, though, or is no one wondering about *how* Savitar escapes? Like, instead of trying to change the future, shouldn't Barry and co. be trying to figure out how Savitar comes back?
>>
Boring villains after season 1.
Kid Flash.
Time Travel fuck ups with no real consequences. Killer Frost teasing.
Not enough speed feats
Flash is inept and requires help constantly
>>
>>89959427
>character A gets angry at character B because B hasn't told A about character C's secret
>>
>>89976405
Because Savitar is trapped in the speed force and the dumb fucks threw the key to his prison in there
>>
>>89959623
>Major DC characters
>Blue Beetle, Booster Gold
>>
>>89959464
This plus the fact EVERY other speedster they've introduced has been faster than Barry
>>
>>89963764

It's not even that big of a deal. I mean, they made the Asian protagonist of Under the Skin white so it's not like it only happens one way.

But eh, I don't really give a shit.
>>
>>89959427
>What went wrong?
The Flash Team

The team makes him a dumber character
In comics he has no team, he solves everything with courage and intelligence
>>
>>89975694

I think you do not understand what CSI's, forensics in general do in terms of science because if you did and knew what went into their training, you'd know people like that moon light as investigators for other branches of government and local law firms and shit like that.

Half the problem with breaking down a crime scene beyond the methodology of the crime is the science of the evidence which is the hard part. He has both parts yet needs help finding people and telling him to go fast.

It really isn't overblown. Just because in last two episodes he has started to mentor wally doesn't negate the previous 58 episodes where he acted like a retard.

Wellsobard was an idiot savant about all things speedforce and it makes sense to need his help every now and then but majority of his team shouldn't have existed. Caitlan should have been gone after barry woke up, that was her purpose originally was during his coma/after explosion, that's why she stuck around.

Cisco would make more sense for staying around but again barry should have been off on his own doing shit.
>>
>>89959753
It was carried solely on the back of Thawne and Cisco.
>>
>>89975946
>Also don't bring LoT into this. Their time-travel rules are completely different despite being in a shared universe.
More like their time travel rules are nonexistent.
>>
This show used to be so hype. 2014-2015 s1 streams w /co/ were top comfy
>>
>>89959693
Ths is the exact same for me. I can get my fix from that.i
>>
Can somebody pls give me a quick rundown on the season so far? I haven't bothered watching it but I may if it sounds interesting
>>
>>89980494
Barry creates Flashpoint, which is actually a really great timeline that he undoes for retarded reasons.

The corrected present is now worse.
Savitar is set free and is building a metahuman army.
Savitar's minion Dr. Alchemy is...

It's honestly really boring long story short they're trying to stop Iris from getting murdered in the future.
>>
File: 1487288017056.jpg (39KB, 602x986px) Image search: [Google]
1487288017056.jpg
39KB, 602x986px
>>89980494
>Can somebody pls give me a quick rundown
>>
Kid flash. Holy shit what a bitch
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.