[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Captain Cold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-Flash182.jpg (51KB, 250x379px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Flash182.jpg
51KB, 250x379px
Am I the only one who thinks Captain Cold is the worst character all time?
>>
Yes, you are.

Now bury yourself.
>>
File: tumblr_nps7p09hq31rijomqo1_500.png (692KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nps7p09hq31rijomqo1_500.png
692KB, 500x703px
>>89949753
Probably.

I mean I'm sure you'd find plenty of people who he isn't their favorite or liked at all.
But it's pretty stupid to think he's the worst character, considering how many characters made with some cream, plenty of crap, and some Super Crap.
>>
pretty much, yeah
>>
>>89949753
Nah, all smart peopledo.
Johns fans, people that like a retard that doesn't know the difference between Greeks and Romans, like him. That should tell you enough.
>>
dc has had some terrible characters but i dig what has done with captain cold at times.
>>
>>89951102
>>89949753
You are if you think he's the worst character of all time.
>>
>>89951102
What's that about Greeks and Romans? Sounds fun
>>
>>89949753
>never read a rogues story
>>
>>89949753
>Am I the only one who thinks Captain Cold is the worst character all time?
Probably, but you're a casual so I guess it's fine.
>>
>>89949753
Don't be like that. Ivy got into Injustice 2. It's only a matter of time before Manta is also confirmed.
>>
>>89949753
He is pretty terrible.
>>
>>89953177
He's not that bad. There are villains that have done a lot more horrible crimes. Snart's not a good person, but he's not terrible.
>>
He was really cool in Forever Evil

I liked him in The Flash TV too

His consistency of getting pissy when someone misunderstands how his gun works always gives me a sensible chuckle too.
>>
File: TRIGGERED.jpg (639KB, 1074x1650px) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED.jpg
639KB, 1074x1650px
>>89953648
Also whenever people mistake him for Mr. Freeze.
>>
>>89951283
Not him but Johns made wondy 5000 years old In Darkseid war (after already ret conning her age in the very same event), grail and her mom escape the island and are attacked by Romans... 5000 years ago.
Johns wanted synergy with the movie, the thing is that in the movie there's fictional civilizations, so it's dumb but at least she isn't Greek anymore. In the comic they are just plain Romans. Even without wanting to offend Johns, the guy has never opened a book that doesn't has superheroes in the cover. His knowledge of science is lacking too, but who cares.
>>
>>89949753
You're either trolling or haven't read much modern Cold.
>>
>>89955100
Wonder Woman isn't that old, the Amazons are. And Johns didn't draw the issue, not his fault the artist didn't do their research.
>>
>>89955571
Actually she is, grail was born in the same day as wondy.
>>
>>89955100
His Wally West run had issues that opened with quotes from actual books, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>89949753
Captain Cuck sucks but /co/'s bad taste brigade loves him.
>>
>>89955880
The first arc that had inspirations from Alice in Woderland had quotes from that book but those hardly count since they've been quoted so many times you're more likely to know them from somewhere else than the actual book.
>>
File: MbgQTTu.jpg (965KB, 1789x2750px) Image search: [Google]
MbgQTTu.jpg
965KB, 1789x2750px
>>89955571
WRONG.

Pic related, the worst part is that in the first issue or free comic book day she had the same age as the rest of the team. Johns retconned Diana TWICE in one single arc. It's a testament to how terrible Darkseid War was.

>>89956389
It's just johnsfags and CWfangirls, no one really cares about captain cold.
>>
>>89955880
Weather Wizard's always quoting Mark Twain.
>>
>>89956594
Skinner, please.
>>
File: 1475736912109.jpg (71KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
1475736912109.jpg
71KB, 600x417px
>>89950440
>tumblr filename
>>
>>89949753
Even they develop him, he'll still be eclipsed by Mr. Freeze.
>>
>>89960195
*even if
>>
>>89960195
He's been developed pretty well already. And yeah he's eclipsed by Mr Freeze, but that's because DC and everybody else wanks over Batvillains. He does pretty well for himself.
>>
>>89958738
I have no idea what that means, but you should at least have an opinion on Johns changing Diana's origin twice in the same story.
>>
>>89960327
>wanks

The word isnt wank, is just that freeze has been a better character for 25 years, and more people like him. Stop being so butthurt your shitty favecharacter is less popular than other slightly less shitty characters
>>
>>89949753
Dont you have an Injustice thread to fag up?
>>
>>89961777
That's what I mentioned earlier:

>>89952238

Most of the characters they were whining about are in the game. Why is everyone still freaking out about Captain Cold? Cold fans don't even make as big a deal of the guy as the Cold haters do.
>>
>>89964623
I have no idea why you 2 talk about that fucking game. Cold being a shit character isnt news.
>>
>>89964655
Why do people like you alway single Cold out? Is it because he's getting more popular? Why not bash other Flash rogues like Heat Wave or Mirror Master? There has always been Cold haters, but the only time I noticed /co/ actively hating on him and threads of him constantly showing up was since he was basically confirmed for Injustice 2.
>>
>>89964733
Cold is Johns favorite character, and he pushed him really hard. It failed, and you are wrong, years ago there was several hate threads when the whole Johns incident happened. Some fan asked geoff if he could sign a Captain cold image and he was calling it Mr Freeze intentionally, Johns got mad, screamed something and left. Of course /co/ turned it into Johns sperging and going REEEEEEEEE and hiding in his office etc etc.

Cold is shat on due new52, forever evil and the flash series, the game was just one autist. Mirror Master is love though.

Also, remember: in this board people believe that johns convinced Snyder to change Mr Freeze origin to make him less popular, and after Snyder told everybody that he wasnt sure about Duke, and Johns convinced him to use him and find him a place in the batfamily the rumors are getting more ground.
>>
>>89961639
Nah, that's some prime wankery right there, and you're indulging in it like all Batfans.
>>
>>89964879
I can understand people being mad about the big push Cold was getting outside of the Flash comics, but why the television series? Captain Cold is one of Flash's major Rogues. He should be used prominently on the show. All the Rogues should be. However, that's been a problem since Legends.
>>
>>89964879
Is there any link about that fan encounter?
>>
>>89949753
As someone who got into the Flash from reading old 1980s comics, Cold was the old archetype of strength, determination, and brass-balled toughness. Not all of that is thought of in the same way in today's media. Different times, different toughness. Captain Cold's origin story is that his abusive father locked him in a running meat locker. No magic ring, no superpowers, no Bat-plot-armor, just death in the cold. And surviving it with all his fingers and toes. And no embellishments afterwards- he won't kill you, but won't stop to save you unless you can pay the sort of money that comes out of a bank vault.
>>
>>89956389
I'm pretty sure everyone on /co/ has bad taste.
>>
>>89949753
man last year no one individual care about cold now cold has hate threads

movin on up
>>
>>89966653
Except me
>>
>>89949753
All people with taste dislike Captain Coldsteel.
>>
>>89966876
I guess we're all cool with him then because like I said:
>>89966653
>>
What's the real reason for the Captain Cold hate? This guy barely got appreciation threads and instead the haters seem to draw attention to him. Do people hate him because Geoff Johns loves him? Is it because of the push he's gotten? Is it comparisons with other cold-themed villains? I just never understood where this hostility for Cold came from.
>>
>>89966898
not necessarily. All people with taste dislike Cold. that doesn't mean people with bad taste automatically like cold.

People with bad taste can dislike him too.
>>
>>89966961
probably because it was just another bad part of the worst JL run in years
>>
File: 1414013992391.jpg (2KB, 111x125px) Image search: [Google]
1414013992391.jpg
2KB, 111x125px
>mfw that one Marvel villain who literally just has two giant swords instead of hands
>mfw he is a sado-masochist and gets off on getting and giving pain
>mfw he has a cult of troubled teenagers who cut themselves for him and polish his swords their spare time
>mfw he's been a several issue long villains on more than a few occasions
>>
>>89966961
>Do people hate him because Geoff Johns loves him?
No
>Is it because of the push he's gotten?
Yes. People was mad that Johns was pushing his favorite character too much,

>>89967665
This
>>
>>89967665
>>89969518
I wasn't a fan of that either. Cold should always be in the Flash comics and that's that.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.