[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is happening with WB,DC and the DCEU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 34

>On the latest episode of Collider Movie Talk, host John Campea stated he has heard from three separate sources involved with Warner Bros. over the last four days that Affleck is looking to leave the role of Batman. Along with a warning to take what he’s heard with a grain of salt, Campea said:

> “Ben Affleck, make no mistake, he wants out. He doesn’t want to be Batman anymore.”

>Campea went on to say his sources tell him Affleck is in discussions with Warner Bros. to get out of his deal to continue playing the character, which includes The Batman, but if a deal cannot be reached in time, the solo film will be the last appearance he makes as the character.

>Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns have been quiet throughout this entire process, which only fuels speculation about what, if anything, is actually happening behind the scenes of the film. For the sake of Warners, the DCEU, and fans, hopefully Affleck will play Batman for years to come and help boost the DCEU to new heights, but for now must wait and see how the situation surrounding The Batman unfolds.

I want to belive this is just a publicity stunt,how they can be so incompetent? at this rate de DCEU will be cancelled by next year.
>>
OP here,forgto the link:

http://screenrant.com/batman-ben-affleck-leaving-role/
>>
This is the eighth thread about this rumor in the past two days. And I'm probably under-guessing that number.

It's only a rumor. Not only is it only a rumor, it's a rumor that even the rumormonger himself says is unsubstantiated and possibly an outright lie. The only reason people are giving the rumor any credence, as far as I've seen based upon past and present discussion, is that they outright want to see the DCEU fail.
>>
File: 1409003769295.jpg (68KB, 532x485px) Image search: [Google]
1409003769295.jpg
68KB, 532x485px
>>89934862
There's already a thread and also clearly a rumor to kill the hyped after the good rumor of Matt Reeves directing The Batman. Some people will make up bullshit because they want the DCEU to fail.
>>
>>89934862
>On the latest episode of Collider Movie Talk, host John Campea

this just a Collider intern shilling their stupid podcast, sage and report.
>>
Yes we saw that post too OP.
>>
>>89934927
this
>>
>>89934967
Then why WB and DC is letting this get spread and hasnd said anything?
>>
>>89936017
Because most movie companies don't respond to unsubstantiated rumors good or bad. Marvel does the same thing.
>>
I wish all movieshit threads where exiled to /tv/ or given their own board
>>
>>89936226

I used to not give a shit, but THIS
>>
if the rumor held no truth they would prod affleck to deny on social media
>>
>>89934862
>John Campea
>Ever being relevant
the dude thinks Arrow is a good show
>>
>>89934927
Not going to lie, I want it to be true, and I want the DCEU to fail. Why? Because I want WB to fucking learn from this. I want them to start over fresh and maybe get it through their thick heads that too many cooks spoil the broth. Stop micromanaging, hire decent writers, and actually listen to people with comic experience. But the chance of that happening is slim.
>>
File: 1467236519354.jpg (37KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
1467236519354.jpg
37KB, 352x450px
>>89934927
>they outright want to see the DCEU fail.
>>89934967
>because they want the DCEU to fail.

It can't fail if it was a failure already the whole entire time
>>
>>89936438
>>89936391

oh, wow these replies are legit and not bait at all, don't sage the thread or anything, this one is a thinker
>>
>>89936438
DCUE is still making WB enough money to continue so it's consider not a failure.
>>
>>89934927
>The only reason people are giving the rumor any credence, as far as I've seen based upon past and present discussion, is that they outright want to see the DCEU fail.

I never get why people assume most posters actually feel this way (aside from obvious trolling shit) I never wanted the DCEU to fail, but they have, 3 times in a row. Hopefully WW and JL turn it around, but if they're the same quality as BvS and SS then good riddance to this dumpsterfire they've created.
I sincerely hope that whatever they try after these next 2 movies finally lands with fans and general audiences.
>>
>>89936516
That will dry up if the next two films fail.
Fantastic Four 2005 made great numbers in sales thanks to an aggressively strong ad campaign. Rise of the Silver Surfer was pushed just as strong and didn't do nearly as well because you can't fool the audience twice.
Another example is how Batman and Robin hurt sales of Batman Begins. Audiences will only put up with so much crap before they pack it up.
>>
>>89936555
>Hopefully WW and JL turn it around
Wonder Woman is dead on arrival. Its release date is horrible considering the competition its facing so its only hope is a strong second weekend. Not to mention Gadot's acting, the plot details thus far, and WW1 period piece setting are not too encouraging. Justice League could go either way first week, expect a big drop the following week though
>>
>>89936649
JL won't. Even with bad reviews it will still make money just like SS made almost 800 mil without china.
>>
>>89936391
Start hearing people with comic experience??

Fuck you, that's the problem, a hack like Johns, his screenplay apparently was terrible, he pitched cyborg as the greatest nigger in comics, the movie died and then cyborg killed the flash movie, he also was hired as consultant and writer in Green lantern, and what do we got? He did jack shit, only tried to put parallax in so the siniestro corps would be in the sequel and he would get sweet rights money. He put deathstroke in the batman movie. Comic writers are not good at all making movies, Johns is a fanboy, a retard that took the ww writing gig for himself even though he never touched a wonder woman comic before 2014, it's well known how much he dislikes batman, but instead of writing flash, he choose the 2 better paid gigs for himself instead of bringing someone else. Nerds can't make movies about the shit they like.
>>
>>89936778
Why Americans are so triggered by the ww1 thing?
>>
>>89936901
The problem with Johns is that he only knows how to write certain characters, like Flash and Aquaman. Regardless making him the top consultant was a mistake from the start. Something like this, you need a think tank.
>>
>>89936342

Or they just ignore it. You can't stop the rumor mill mate. All you have to do is say "I heard from a insider that Cavill shoved a Bowling ball up Gadot's ass" and it spreads everywhere in a few hours
>>
>>89936865
And Deadpool did the same, beat it and had an R rating. Also I'm not sure Hot Topic the movie is a good measure of how many are seeing what is viewed as the squeal to BvS
>>
>>89936928

Because they were barely involved
>>
>>89936391
They're not going to start over, they're going to do what they did with Green Lantern and deem Wonder Woman, Flash and Superman as box office poison, and we'll continue to get nothing but Batman movies for all eternity.
>>
>>89936928
Because it was a political clusterfuck and a hell of a lot more complicated than WW2. More movies are made around the second conflict because you can actually put a "face" on the enemy i.e. The Nazi's. Most don't have much confidence in Wonder Woman handling the subject matter appropriately and expecting "hurr durr evil Germans!", not to mention Wondy herself was originally written around WW2 but we cant do that because of the Cap comparisons. Making the film a period piece was just a dumb idea, and its basically a 2 hour explanation as to why Diana sat on her ass for a century
>>
>>89936988
>And Deadpool did the same, beat it and had an R rating.

Deadpool was a fucking freak. Doing a bit worse than it isn't a failure. I mean if you take away the China money any Marvel film not featuring Iron Man got soundly beat by Deadpool
>>
>>89936988
The JL scenes they release for comiccon already got the mainstream audience more excited. The reason why BvS fail to make 1 billion wasn't because it was a considered a bad movie by critics, it was because it didn't appeal to a mass audience. No parents could take their kids to it and the rest are just a bunch of people that watch Comic book movies prefer dumb popcorn movies with quips . If JL has marvel tier humor(which it looks to be) with a simpler block buster action plot like MoS, not to mention appearance of new heroes, then it already has a good chance to be a better success than BvS.
>>
>>89934862

You just got to love people's eagerness to perpetuate negative things about DCEU, even when there's nothing to back them up. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point.
>>
>>89934927
Yes, just like the Suicide Squad reshoots were just a rumor, or how Ben saying he won't direct if the script is bad was just a rumor.
Oh wait.
>>
>>89934862
BvS was a 10/10 masterpiece. No amount of shilling will remove that fact.
>>
>>89937370

Oh man those reshot rumors were great. There's still retards who act like they reshot the whole thing and prepared a trailer in two weeks
>>
>>89934862
Have you read a Geoff John's Batman comic?

It will make you want to slit your throat.

So you can imaging had had the script it.
>>
>>89937629
Which one is that again?
>>
>>89934862
The Joker is Jason Todd

Harley Deadshot sex scene

Bruce is actually Slade

These niggers need clicks

http://screencrush.com/suicide-squad-false-rumors/
>>
>>89937629
Earth one Batman is not bad, fag boy.
>>
>>89936391
If it fails then DC movies should be left alone for a good five years or so. Most people are sick to death of reboots by this point.
>>
>>89939845
if it fails everyone involved in decision making should be fired and blacklisted from ever working in Hollywood again because if you can't get movies featuring Batman & Superman to work and make money you have to be retarded and have no business being in the movie business
>>
>Anyone wanting to stop being Batman
>>
Feige needs to save Ben.

What Marvel role should Ben play?
>>
>>89939986
Nighthawk or Moon Knight.
>>
>>89937170
>The JL scenes they release for comiccon already got the mainstream audience more excited

Seriously? I see no hype for the movie or WW.
>>
>>89939986
Daredevil
>>
File: Wqtw2jX.webm (420KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Wqtw2jX.webm
420KB, 720x404px
>>89940036
>>
>>89934862

Capeshit has been dead since before Iron Man 3
DC hasn't made a good movie since Bane
>>
>>89934862
dunno man, affleck was so heartbroken for the fucking failure of live by night... and that movie was shit... steamy and all. so i think he is not thinking clearly and might be fucking blind and stupid, so my guess is yess he will leave.
the same shit than the jl trailer, if there is no news and fucking soon, and by that i mean tomorrow or fridays top im leaving this stupid expresss lame universe
>>
File: how WB handles the DCU.gif (496KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
how WB handles the DCU.gif
496KB, 500x298px
>>89934862
DCU is kill, everyone jump ship!
>>
if they fail with justice league again, they should do a soft rebooth with a crisis on infinite earths film. it should be like

> include every character from their films and shows
> replace anti monitor with dr manhattan
> make the current jl line up team up with arrowverse, nolanverse and even make brandon routh show up as both superman and atom.
> make cw flash sacrifice himself and merge all the universes into one
> keep all the good characters, erase the bad ones from existence
>>
>>89940019
It was the thing everyone was talking about. DC has jokes and isn't grimedark anymore. DC is finally learning from Marvel. The it die down because there hasn't really been anything new. We got to see Mera and some set pics but they haven't really done anything else. Wait for the new trailer and it will blow up again.
>>
>>89940233
>DC has jokes and isn't grimedark anymore
But all the jokes they showed were terrible, I'd rather they keep it grimdark and pretentious than turn it into an unfunny comedy.
>>
>>89940226
>Make a crossover film a dozen times more crowded than Infinity War
>The cast has an over-representation of ex-Batmen
>Continue pissing off Alan Moore
>Kill Barry
Fuck no.
>>
>>89934927
>The only reason people are giving the rumor any credence, as far as I've seen based upon past and present discussion, is that they outright want to see the DCEU fail.
You're too caught up in your company wars and shitposting. Most people are upset the DCEU is doing so badly. Everyone wanted a good DC cinematic universe. These threads are an outlet for people discuss what went wrong and if it could have been fixed somehow.

Clickbait rumors or not, I truly believe Affleck wants out after Solo Batman. .
>>
>>89939845
or maybe they should just stop making capeshit altogether
>>
>>89940270
at least I can find their incompetence funny, but after 2 1/2 hours it gets old fast.
>>
>>89937170
> the rest are just a bunch of people that watch Comic book movies prefer dumb popcorn movies with quips

Fuck quips, it was a shitty movie despite its flashy visuals, and most people caught on to that.

I also find it near diabolical to title a big summer blockbuster BATMAN VERSUS SUPERMAN, and advertise it with cereal and toys, only to make it unwatchable for kids.
>>
>>89940318
>>Kill Barry

just the cw one. but don't end the show like that. this could be a way to show how the flash vanishes in "crisis".
>>
File: dance-off-gotg.jpg (44KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
dance-off-gotg.jpg
44KB, 620x372px
>>89940270
>But all the jokes they showed were terrible
That's what the marvel audience wants. And the marvel audience always gets what it wants. Expect more marvel tier jokes in the new trailer.
>>
>>89934862
>Collider

Eh, those fags can't write an article about the Scorcese's Silence without shitting on BvS.

>The weather is really nice today. Unlike Batman V Superman, which is an abomination upon nature like somebody raped celluloid and BvS is the child of that rape.

It's like Snyder was a prom date for that whiny little bitch Goldberg and he ditched him on prom night.
>>
>>89940418
It's all about making money and funny sells
>>
>>89940418
Or maybe WB just doesn't even know how to do simple and fun either.
>>
>>89940445
Let's be cereal. The target audience for all these movies is children
>>
>>89940373
>Fuck quips, it was a shitty movie despite its flashy visuals, and most people caught on to that.
I don't believe that because the big complaints about the movie from the average movie goers were mostly "NOT MUH ______" And topping it off with buzzwords like, no humor and grimdark.
>>
When DC isn't trying to be Marvel it sucks.
When DC is trying to be Marvel it sucks.
Conclusion, DC sucks.
>>
>>89940461
Yes, Rebirth has been a complete and utter travesty when compared with the likes of Civil War II. Truly DC will never hold a candle to Marvel.
>>
>>89940461
I blame WB.
>>
>>89940460
NOT MUH is sort of valid criticism when it's applied to an adaption.
>>
>>89940485
>Obviously referring to movies
>"Y-yeah. Well t-the comics are b-better
Grow a pair, pussy
>>
>>89940461
WB has been trying to be Marvel the whole time. Don't kid yourself. There was no big cinematic universe in the works before Avengers blew up the box office. They might be different in tone, but they're only aiming for one thing - MCU billions.
>>
>>89940461
Nah, It's just popular to hate on the movies. Marvel makes the films that mass audiences want to see. Stupid unoriginal, mindless movies with no depth that are aimed at children. So if anyone deviates from that, it gets shit on. Watchmen got decent reviews because of the time it came out. When serious, dark comicbook movies were all the rage. if it was release today it would be lower than BvS on sites like RT.
>>
desu they should just have arrowverse black flash fuck up the multiverse and just start over with the DCTV seeing as it's the least worst
>>
>>89940485
Sales wise Marvel makes far more off comics and movies than DC so yeah,Some sorta candle
>>
>>89940513
>Dismissing the actual comics in favor of movie adaptations
>In the Comics & Cartoons board
>>
>>89940506
Not in the context of these movies tho. Comicbooks have always been different from writer to writer and the movies are not doing straight adaptions of the source material anyways.
>>
>>89940226
and maybe have a "batman meets batman" kind of scene like this one in justice league animated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PETk8eBbfN0
>>
>>89940527
>Implying BvS and SS aren't some of the most stupid mindless blockbusters to come out this decade.

People sure hated on TDK too. No fuck off, the problem isn't being dark or trying to be more serious, the problem is failing at it and making shit movies in the process.
>>
>>89940559
So you like it that I made your favorite superhero a heroin addict jazz-critic who's not radioactive?
>>
>>89940540
>bringing up the comics in a discussion of the movies
never mind. you need a brain much more.
>>
File: 1462417382082.png (255KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
1462417382082.png
255KB, 770x711px
>>89940565
>but BUT MUH MARVEL BRAINWASHED EVERYONE
>>
>>89940527
I rewatched the Watchmen Directors Cut recently. Say what you will about Zack Snyder but it was pretty impressive just how faithful the full movie was to the original comic. Even with a three hour runtime there were so many little details that would be hard to include.
>>
>>89940582
They held me down and forced me to enjoy their movies
>>
>>89940559
No but WB has clearly failed at making the audience on board with their interpretations of these iconic characters.
>>
>>89940596
They waterboarded my cousin's wife's son until he laughed at "uhh, I don't see how that's a party".
>>
>>89940564
I'll admit it would be pretty fun to see Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton as Batman and old Bruce.
>>
>>89940596
If RDJ and his army of Disney executives weren't in my room and pointing an array of loaded guns at the back of my head in this very moment, I too would be praising BvS as the masterpiece it was.
>>
>>89940568
What I like makes no difference. It's not a fair complaint to say that a character is bad because I'm bias toward the version I'm familiar with. You have to judge things on their own merits. Ledgers Joker is nothing like Nicholsons. What if I said his joker is bad because of that. That would be bullshit.
>>
File: 1437625056278.jpg (6KB, 155x186px) Image search: [Google]
1437625056278.jpg
6KB, 155x186px
>>89940590
>impressive just how faithful the full movie was to the original comic
>>
>>89940590
This. Watchmen got decent reviews because it was a decent Snyder movie and very well casted.
>>
>>89940559
It doesn't change the fact that what they are put in out is inferior to "muh". People only complaint about it when you offer an inferior product, there are too many examples that show it.
>>
>>89940637
The Dark Knight is not an adaptation of the 1989 Batman movie though, your analogy is limping terribly.
>>
>>89940637
True, a character is bad when a character is bad. But we're clearly supposed to be excited over Batman and Superman fighting each other because they're BATMAN and SUPERMAN - two of the most recognizable American icons of all time. Batman did not have his own introduction movie because WB knows the audience knows and loves the character already.
>>
>>89940564
>>89940614
or christian bale. considering keaton will be in the next spider-man film, he won't be available for a dc flick now.
>>
>>89940565
I would argue that the problem is making EVERYTHING dark.

WB/DC have had the problem of "make everything batman"

If you want to directly compare it to MCU you'll notice that MCU tends to be completely fine with having totally different tones for movies. GOTG wouldn't work if it was directed like Winter Soldiew, Luke Cage only works because it leans so heavily into being the blackest, etc

the current DC cinematic universe fucking sucks, they need to start over completely or just stick to animation and DCTV
>>
File: affleck-wat.jpg (18KB, 561x327px) Image search: [Google]
affleck-wat.jpg
18KB, 561x327px
>>89940651
And the New DC movies are not straight Adaptions of the comics/past movies/ or cartoons. You judging them on by that way is bullshit. The NOT MUH ___ complaint is bullshit. You just proves my point.
>>
>>89936516
DCEU movies have so far made only modest profits and are not the cash cows WB wants. WB as a business needs them to make Avengers money.
>>
>>89940639
Barring the giant squid and things related to it like the island of scientists the movie was pretty damn close. The full cut actually went so far as to include the subplot with the two Bernies and the Tales of the Black Freighter comic.
>>
>>89940692
No anon, these movies are based on the comic properties. Look at how much BvS pulls out of stuff like TDKR or the Death of Superman.
>>
>>89936987
I don't believe that one. As if anything could be fit in her bony non-ass.
>>
>>89940711
Ben's lil Batman certainly did
>>
>>89940680
>MCU tends to be completely fine with having totally different tones for movies
Not really. Aside from the two Captain America sequels and the Netflix shows, the MCU generally has the same upbeat tone throughout most of its entries.
>>
>>89940692
Well first off people judge a movie on whether they liked it or not, most didn't like BvS, so then they will start picking apart what they didn't like, and what most people didn't like was how the characters were portrayed.
>>
>>89940650
But they are only "inferior" to those that prefer that other version. Thinking something is Inferior doesn't make it one.
>>
DC have failed him.

What Marvel character can have Ben play to pull him out of his depression?
>>
>>89940625
The Disney brand electrodes attached to my scrotum have nothing to do with my bias against 2 movies in particular out of many released for said series. I'm just an angry little man
>>
>>89940732
Adam Warlock
>>
>>89939951
>> Who is Michael Keaton?
>> Who is Christian Bale?
>>
>>89940726
it's not a matter of just "upbeat" or "dark" stop thinking in extremes

Even comedic leaning MCU films like GOTG and Ant-Man and Iron Man don't feel that similar. It's nothing like WB's obsession with making everything Gotham city
>>
>>89940732
Just make him the next Reed Richards, Fox is all he deserves.
>>
>>89940144
>and that movie was shit

I wouldn't say that. It looked really good and was a fun period picture, even if it was otherwise just okay. Well cast, well acted... The too sentimental ending was the only bad part.
>>
>>89940732
Ya think he still wants to super hero?
>>
>>89940765
He still wanted to super hero after Daredevil since he became Batman, he'll take whatever scraps are thrown his way.
>>
>>89940765
Probably burned too badly now.
>>
>>89940765
His wife is about to take him to the cleaners, damn fucking certain he wants to super hero
>>
>>89936226
>>89936291
If it actually were about the movies, which are comic-related, I'd be fine with it but this is only about actors, making movies and other /tv/ stuff.
>>
I don't blame DC at all. WB is making all the shit decisions and throwing everyone under the bus
>>
File: 3 hours lol.jpg (40KB, 750x415px) Image search: [Google]
3 hours lol.jpg
40KB, 750x415px
I know why the DC movies are failing and the MCU is doing great. This is from an actual conversation I had with my university friends.

>BvS fucking sucked, the action was cool though
>Yeah, but why did it have such a slow moving story?
>Why the fuck would I pay to go see with a movie with a bunch of Superman = Jesus crap for 2 hours and then 30 minutes of action?
>Yeah, I have studies, work and my girlfriend to think about, I don't want to sit and watch a movie where I have to take fucking notes.
>The story didn't even grab me, so I just tuned it out until Batman fought Superman, if a story don't grab you from the start, you don't give a shit

Being the autist of the group I then answered every question they had about the plot and they understood it and felt that, yeah, BvS did have a coherent plot and character motivations, but since it failed to grab their attention, they still think it's horseshit.

>They all loved Suicide Squad
>>
>>89940705
They are "based" on them. Based is a vague term. They can be inspired and barrow some of the source material story elements but they are not 101 direct adaptions of them. Complaining about change to a harry potter movie for changing shit is fine because those movies are trying to be accurate adaptations but complaining about a comicbook that is not trying to be a straight adaptation of the source material is bullshit. It's like saying a elseworld stories are bad because they don't fallow same aspects of the main continuity.
>>
>>89940808
Okay. I still prefer the way the MCU characters are depicted to the DCEU ones.
>>
>>89940853
They do seem a tad more faithful
>>
File: comic movies.png (4MB, 2291x1076px) Image search: [Google]
comic movies.png
4MB, 2291x1076px
>>89940731
>Thinking something is Inferior doesn't make it one.

And you thinking that it is good, doesn't make it not being shit. Just learn to live in a world where most normies and comic book fans think that you have shit taste.
>>
>>89940853
That's fine. People can like/prefer whatever they want. But the complaints about certain things need to have more merit and can't be too opinionated.
>>
>believing John Cuckea
>>
So if Affleck drops out is that the final nail for the DCEU?
>>
>>89940910
No, because then they'll still have Aquaman as their next "this will save the DCEU" movie.
>>
>>89934862
I'm looking forward to the Redlettermedia video about all this. lol
>>
>>89940680
>WB/DC have had the problem of "make everything batman"

Audiences don't seem to want anything but Batman.
>>
>>89940804

This is basically every BvS thread, only more civil.
>>
>>89941003
Except that BvS us full of plot holes and characters doing randim actions for the sake of the plot.

Because it is just a terribly written movie.
>>
>>89934927
>It's only a rumor.

Sure WB, sure it is.
>>
>>89940732
Moon Knight or the Sentry.
>>
File: e2f.jpg (34KB, 480x568px) Image search: [Google]
e2f.jpg
34KB, 480x568px
>can't even live up to a Lego toy

I'd want out too.
>>
>>89940804
It was 2 hours of bore, then half an hour of action overload and explosions that would make Bay jealous. It was crammed in there and left little payoff.

No lies, I nearly fell asleep during the big Doomsday climax.
>>
>>89941066
I wouldn't go as far to say it's entirely poorly written, just poorly executed. Really only everything from the end of the Batman/Superman fight on needed a rewrite. Everything else was just a matter of switching which plot points were too subtle and which were hammered in needlessly.
>>
>>89941125
There were no stakes until the third act.
>>
>>89941154

The entire world was at stake, anon.
>>
>>89941217
Not until lex made his move
>>
File: IMG_0069.jpg (137KB, 952x952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
137KB, 952x952px
>>89940373
My mother bought a t-shirt for my 10yo brother and it was full of edgy graffiti like "FALSE GOD", censor signs on Superman and Batman, Batman with a skull as his face and stuff like "DEMON" thrown around

Basically pic related but made up of dozens little images that covered every single inch of the thing

She said that if she knew English after a closer look she would've never bought it (she's kinda against violence in kids' media in general to be fair)
>>
>>89941118
BvS is unironically one of the worst movies I've ever seen if I don't account for objective trash like Curse of the Cannibal Confederates
>>
File: 5474785378235890.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5474785378235890.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>89941118
Really BvS is like that Teen Titan Go episode 'Return of Slade' where they are talking about how you should leave stuff for the age it was intended for because ageing it up(aka edge lord extreme) just makes it worse over all and isn't the reason people come to see those things. They had several other dark starting heroes they could have tried for an adult movie but they went with the two poster children of Truth and Justice to tell this dark grim story about not trusting super aliens unless your mom's share the same common name.
>>
File: n_umbe_r_one.jpg (182KB, 539x683px) Image search: [Google]
n_umbe_r_one.jpg
182KB, 539x683px
>>89940702
The movie didn't adapt shit, it's literally a copy paste on the comic both in writing and visuals which makes all the changes from Snyder stick out like a sore thumb while actively ruining characters and themes.

You can't do an half adaptation like that. I mean, you obviously can, but it would be wrong to call it "perfect" just because it borrowed so much from the source material. Take Raimi's Spiderman, it's not a copypaste of any comic and takes many liberties with the lore (organic webs etc.), but most people will agree that it properly translates what makes Sipderman what he is so there's no complaining. Now take Man of Steel and BvS, the movies borrow a lot of shit from comics, as their fanboys constantly point out (the kryptonian society from Byrne, the death of Zod, the warehouse scene from TDKR etc.) but many (if not most) people agree that they're an awful adaptation because while they *look* like the comics they seem to lack the same spirit, themes or whatever we wanna call it, they missed the mark.

If the point is just to watch moving pictures you've already seen elsewhere you might aswell just watch the animated comic, where Nite Owl and Silk aren't bloodthirsty sadists and Ozymandias isn't a raging homo that you could tell was the villain the very same moment he's introduced, and his plan isn't "improved" since the point is that he ultimately fails and not that he realistically saved the world
>>
>>89936391
Dude this is the company that thought green lantern was toxic after it bombed. They thought audience hated the character when they simply hated the shitty CGI and script.

The lesson they learn from this bullshit is that all DC characters are toxic except batman. That's it. Even superman will be put in the toybox for decades to come.
>>
>>89941403
I'll literally never forget that stupid flying CGI where he looks like a cardboard cut out until the day I die
>>
>>89941403
>Even superman will be put in the toybox for decades to come.
No he won't. Shuster/Siegel estates will make sure that never happens
>>
>>89940418
I'm sorry that Guardians of the Galaxy did a better job of being Guardians of the Galaxy than Skwad did.
>>
>>89941249

I actually waited and rented BvS, cause I wasn't going to waste money on that shitshow. Redboxed it, watched it that night, and God damn, it was a slog to even watch THAT. There wasn't anything compelling about the movie, I wasn't excited to get to the end, it was just...."fuck this doesn't have a point."
>>
>>89940373
>I also find it near diabolical to title a big summer blockbuster BATMAN VERSUS SUPERMAN, and advertise it with cereal and toys, only to make it unwatchable for kids.
Underrated post right here. I work at a cinema bar and the number of eight year-olds I saw being taken and coming out looking bored and miserable in was horrible.
>>
>>89941439
>"fuck this doesn't have a point."
I think that's what bothered me the most too. Every reason and action for what unfolded was basically to set up action scenes (most of which were surprisingly boring) and weird commentaries on man and god that never added up. I felt more like I watch an edgy kid play with his heroes than a narrative unfold. I mean what was the point of it all? Trust people who you share parents names with? Throw shit away so a Sea king can return it? Never mind how pointlessly Wonder Woman was injected into the film.
>>
>>89934862
Quick, engage Damage Control measures! Everyone to the closest DCEU echo chamber!

>>89936663

Today's target is Dr. Strange. Let's all talk about how much Dr. Strange embodies everything we don't like about the M-Casual-U. Oh and we can make up all kinds of things about what kind of movie people were saying it was going to be so we can take it down that much more a peg further!
>>
>>89941439
>>89941508
The Martha scene might be one of the worst scenes in any capeshit movie ever.

I get Batman is crazy and I like crazy Batman, but he's not retarded. That was after all the other retarded shit like the future vision of Batman doing Equilibrium style gun-kata
>>
>>89941502
I sat in front of two 7-8 year old's and their mom.
>He's the bad one, right??(referring to Batman)
>Why do they hate Superman?
>Is he evil? (referring to both)

They asked a lot of questions in the start, then grew deadly quiet.

I'm not saying all cape movies should be for kids, but when your movie has Batman and Superman in the title and you advertise it with toys, kids will go see it.
>>
>>89940373
>>89941238
>>89941502
This was my biggest issue with anyone that defended for not being "fun" arguing that mature = better. It was advertise to kids, and families it was encouraging you to bring them along for this adventure and it was just this angst teen mess that shouldn't be how the two heroes operate.
>>
>>89941515
Eh I like MCU, but wasn't a fan of Strange either. It had some cool trippy visuals if you're high, that was kind of it.
>>
>>89941508

Yeah, I got nothing out of her being in the movie.

I did like Batman fighting at the end, because it's very Arkham Asylum-ey, but even that isn't that entertaining after a while.
>>
>>89941550
>The Martha scene might be one of the worst scenes in any capeshit movie ever.
I'm stepping up saying it is. I'm to the point I challenge us to find something that equals it's level of stupid. I don't even think Adam West Batman had anything like that in it and it was campy as fuck.
>>
>>89941574

Strange is just above the Thor movies for me. Where I like them, but they're not my favorites by a stretch.

But the difference is, even the "bad" MCU movies I still have a good time watching, and I feel like they have a purpose in what's happening.

But then I watch Batman v Superman, or ugh, Suicide Squad, and I don't see anything that seems worth giving a second glance to. DC's casting seems to be my biggest gripe, it never feels well thought out, or like it'll last.

Will Smith feels like a guest star that won't actually return or mean anything in the grand scheme of the "universe" they've set up.
>>
>>89941550
>The Martha scene might be one of the worst scenes in any capeshit movie ever.
What's bad about it?
>>
>>89941612
I'm no fan of 60s Batman either but I'll take goofy camp over whatever the fuck BvS was trying to do. Like I wont argue with anyone who says the Joel Schumacher movies are bad but I think they do have legitimate entertainment value if you know (or dont care) what you're getting into.

BvS took the worst parts of Burton's Batman and removed the parts of those movies people actually liked.

>>89941645
I didn't have a problem with Suicide Squad desu, I'd probably give it a solid 3/5 if I was forced to rate it.
>>
>>89941612
the 60s Batman series had a few sense with twists like the guy he was arresting was related to a friend or was close to him but that was when they press the message that no one was above the the law and it doesn't make wrong actions right. This was the same damn show with Batusi.
>>
>>89941681
The Martha scene is horrrrrrrribly executed. There was a whole lot of laughter during it at the screening I was at.

Like, thematically you know what it's going for. But holy shit did they shit the bed in how they did it.
>>
File: cold.png (75KB, 246x235px) Image search: [Google]
cold.png
75KB, 246x235px
>>89941681
>What's bad about it?
>>
>>89941711
>The Martha scene is horrrrrrrribly executed
How was it?
>>89941712
Yes what's bad about it?
>>
>>89934862
if you're going to have this general you should at least stick to the rules and only make a new thread after the last has hit the bump limit

>>89919096
>>
>>89941690
>, I'd probably give it a solid 3/5 if I was forced to rate it
Whole movie felt like a mashed up trailer for me. Really embarrassing dialogue at some points too. I hated it.
>>
>>89941681
>super alien you don't trust
>you witness first hand as a civilian when alien lays waste to a city while fighting a villain
>research his history to even discover his alter ego and parents (but some how miss the name)
>huge throw down brawl
>ready to end this threat
>don't because his mom and your mom share a common name.
>>
>>89941758
>Whole movie felt like a mashed up trailer for me.
Same, what's weird is if they advertised it as camp I might have seen that coming.
>>
>>89941760
Be real. Could you kill your own brother just because he was an alien?
>>
>>89941760
I would stand down from putting a bullet in hitlers skull if he called out his mother's name and it was the same as mine
>>
>>89941760
>>research his history to even discover his alter ego and parents (but some how miss the name)
This didn't happen. Bruce doesn't know who Superman is.
>>89941760
>>don't because his mom and your mom share a common name.
That is not the reason.
>>
>>89941725
>Yes what's bad about it?

The fact that it exists.

They could barely come up with a reason to make them fight, and that was their ace in the hole to stop things. It reeks of backwards script writing, on top of the poor pacing of the fighting and the crappy acting.
>>
>>89941781
By that logic Batman is brothers with a minimum of about 4,500 people.
>>
>>89941819
And how many of those people has he killed?
>>
>>89941803
>That is not the reason.
What is the reason then? He was ready to kill this fucker for all that he did and what stop him? Because he had parents?
>>
>>89941781
Not that anon, but how come the realization of Superman having a mother an being a'man' like Batman suddenly make him less dangerous? It PROVES Superman can be manipulated and blackmailed like he just was by the villain. If anything, Superman being more human makes him more dangerous.

How come Superman says 'Marthaaa! Save Marthaaa", knowing Batman doesn't know who he's referring to, when any normal person would say 'mom' or 'mother'?

I know, so Snyder the hack can feel smart about noticing their mom's share names.
>>
>>89941508
Yeah, BvS feels rather half assed like it's a mash of two different things: the movie needed to set up justice league and Zack Snyder's need to soapbox about nihilism etc. Really, it's extra weird precisely because he's directed Watchmen, the movie based on a comic that's a response to works of that era

And now it feels like WB and him should have part ways so he can do his own equivalent of Watchmen (as in a standalone movie that is a response to an established franchise/trend where he gets to rant all he likes about his philosophy). Instead of BvS, he should just direct an original screenplay with his own characters that parallels bats and supes.
>>
>>89941832

Fun fact, the guy he kills in the car had Lesbian mothers, both named Martha.
>>
>>89941848
You just don't understand the bonds of brotherhood or the tragedy of Martha Wayne faking her own death so she could be together with her one true love, the charismatic serial killer Jonathan Kent.
>>
>>89941817
The whole film script was basically
Batman is introduced
Superman is introduced
Wonder Woman has a long cameo
Batman and Superman fight
All three fight a monster
It was clear they had 0 vision past that.
>>
>>89941874
The Batman will be about him coming to terms with the horror of his actions.
>>
File: 627534678368.gif (368KB, 487x321px) Image search: [Google]
627534678368.gif
368KB, 487x321px
>>89941874
>>
>>89941560
>It was advertise to kids

I keep forgetting Americans always ignore movie age ratings and then get butthurt when they take their little five year old to a modern PG-13 movie where it'd be considered R-rated if they cursed or some blood was shown.
>>
>>89941760
>So I hate it because I failed to understand the scene
>>
>>89942010
Ratings system doesn't make sense anyway, The Hobbit was PG-13 and that had like 900 on screen decapitations
>>
>>89941848
>It PROVES Superman can be manipulated and blackmailed like he just was by the villain.

By that logic why does Batman not sudoku himself?
>>
>>89942072
Batman doesn't run on logic he runs on rules
>>
File: Evil_Superman.jpg (53KB, 307x450px) Image search: [Google]
Evil_Superman.jpg
53KB, 307x450px
>>89934862
>at this rate de DCEU will be cancelled by next year.
Hasn't everything except Aquaman been pulled from the 2018 slate?
And even that hasn't started filming.
If WW and JL run their course of disappointment, I think 2019 or 2020 Batman will be a full do-over.
>>
>>89942010
In fairness it's a huge ass mix message when they sell toys, food, clothes and school supplies that promote the PG-13 film.
This isn't like Watchman or Kick Ass where it was aimed exclusively to adults.
>>
>>89941125
No, it was terribly written. Even if it worked on a structural level (and it really doesn't) there is no story there. There are a bunch of moments which do not tie in thematically or emotionally.

It goes back to what that one anon (maybe you) said. It doesn't grab your attention. It doesn't because it fails to establish any empathy with the characters or any other emotional investment in the story. That is for the most part a failure of how it's written.
>>
>>89941848

Batman's Bush era "1% chance" rhetoric is 100% bullshit he just tells himself to justify his erratic actions throughout the movie.

Bruce's whole deal is that he thinks Superman is a threat specifically because he's an alien and can't relate to human beings. That's why ALL the evidence that shows him being a good guy doesn't matter to him, because he clings to the idea that he's just fucking around and could at the drop of a hate kill everyone. But then when Superman is inches away from being dead, he begs Batman to save his mother, Martha. And that is what triggers Batman to go through a flashback and realize that not only was the justification to his entire quest proven flase, but he was basically about to become his worst nightmare: Joe Chill. And what's worse, here was the guy he's hated with every fiber of his being, proving to be a more noble and heroic person than what he himself was.

Superman proves that there is hope, and washes away the twenty years worth of accumulated cynicism, sense of failure that Batman was suffering from.

But I suppose that's all too 2DEEP4U, and you're probably tipping fedoras over some jesus references.
>>
>>89942010
Dude, there really is a bunch of merch aimed at kids. You can't blame parents for thinking otherwise. Blame the execs and marketing sending mixed signals if you must, but it really isn't the parents' fault this time.
>>
File: 1485040796138.png (486KB, 644x922px) Image search: [Google]
1485040796138.png
486KB, 644x922px
>>89941842
The reason is because he realized how far he has fallen. The last thing Bruce heard before his parents died was his father calling out Martha's name. It stayed with him to the point that he dreams about it. (the opening scene Bruce is talking about the dream) The death of his parents is what makes Bruce become a hero. The years in gotham and the death close ones like Robin and Metropolis made him lose his way. Bruce starts to obsess with Superman who he believe is a monster( Very much his white whale) and loses sight of his purpose as Batman and his convictions. That's why he says before trying to kill him that Superman wasn't a god or even a man. When Superman says to save Martha, Batman starts to think that it some sort of mind game to fuck with him. For Batman this fight was very personal. He didn't want to just kill Superman he wanted him to know he wasn't anything special. which why he said that line about his parent thinking that he was special. So he starts losing it after Superman says Martha. He know Superman knows his identity because he calls him Bruce before they fight. When he realizes that it was about saving Clark's mother. And the thing that he thought wasn't even human was calling out for him to save his mother before dying. Batman reflects on what he has become, then stops himself. He doesn't stop because their Moms have the same name. He was still going to kill him. Batman stops because Superman shows his humanity and Batman understand his villainy.
>>
File: Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg (44KB, 705x691px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg
44KB, 705x691px
>>89942183
>ALL the evidence that shows him being a good guy doesn't matter to him, because he clings to the idea that he's just fucking around and could at the drop of a hate kill everyone.

So Snyderverse Batman is a violent retard?
>>
>People were audibly groaning by the time of Superman's funeral
>Half of the audience already left by then

Not American but this happened when it premiered.
>>
>>89942203

There are toys made for a lot of shit that clearly aren't meant for kid consumption. That is why we have the fucking ratings system, yet parents actively ignore them.
>>
>>89942210
I'd like to save anyone else from reading this fanfiction drivel.

Just don't do it.
>>
>>89942231

No, it's just a major character flaw in him, because he's blinded by rage and fear. Batman is always suspicious and paranoid, and him being at ground zero in this instance gives him a very biased, one-way tunnel vision when it comes to Superman. And then you have Luthor actively exploiting that.
>>
Its called Deja Vu

>Ben Affleck plays Daredevil
>Movie fails
>Ben Affleck quits the role and says he wont play a supehero ever again
>Marvel straigthened their shit out with their movies starting with Favreau's ironman
>Marvel is now huge success

>Aflleck to play Batman
>Movie fails
>Ben affleck leaves the role and swears never to play a super hero again
>??
>>
>>89934975
>Campea
>intern
He's literally the boss of their entire video section.

>>89936376
The dude hasn't thought that in three years.

>inb4 COLLIDER SHILL
I'm a fan of their video section, and you two are wrong and/or lying.
>>
>>89942261

This post is what we call cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>89942241
There aren't LEGO playsets of Deadool or Watchmen in Wal-Marts.
Parent's don't buy their kids toys from websites for collectibles.

Are youi just being obtuse to avoid losing the debate?
>>
File: pTRU1-23271043enh-z6.jpg (191KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-23271043enh-z6.jpg
191KB, 1000x1000px
>>89942241
>There are toys made for a lot of shit that clearly aren't meant for kid consumption.
But not this movie. And it still doesn't walk around shit like BvS t-shits in kid sizes or kid school folders.

They knew what they were doing.
>>
>>89942241
The difference is those toys aren't as prevalent as Batman and Superman. I don't see Deadpool/ Dredd toys and kid products being heavily advertised. Oh and those movies haven't gone through a Batman & Robin phase. Yes, there are parents actively ignore them and yes they are to be blame, but BvS is seriously a special case. Remember, most parents aren't people on /co/ who keep track of the source materials. And BvS's issue isn't just about the rating, but that it simply isn't targeted at a large audience at all, a stark departure from even Nolan's Batman.

Comparing BvS to other movies is foolish as they don't have the brand baggage that BvS has.
>>
>>89942264
>and him being at ground zero in this instance gives him a very biased, one-way tunnel vision when it comes to Superman.

This would be true if this ship full of Aliens hadn't previously threatened to blow up the planet if Earth didn't capture Superman and bring him in.

Then Superman kicks all their asses and wrecks their alien war machines.

Surely a man who chainguns hired security guards can understand a bit of collateral damage when stopping an alien attack on the planet.
>>
>>89940745
Bale actually expressed a desire to come back, but Nolan vetoed the idea of having his movies be part of the DCCU, so they had to recast. And thank fuck he did.
>>
>>89942266
>Marvel straigthened their shit out with their movies starting with Favreau's ironman

You skip
>Daredevil movie rights were owned by 20th FOX
>Marvel creates their own studio
>uses what rights they have
>successful

There was no "straightening out" with Marvel Films. The Marvel Fox films show as much. DC is screwed because it's already owned by WB and WB holds full rights on the films.
>>
File: Explicit Content.png (71KB, 513x424px) Image search: [Google]
Explicit Content.png
71KB, 513x424px
>>89942285
>There aren't LEGO playsets of Deadool or Watchmen in Wal-Marts.

Uuuuuhhhh, yes there are. And there's a shit ton of Deadpool merch out there. It's still the parent's job to think two seconds before buying a ticket to an R-rated Deadpool movie
>>
>>89942331
> loose figure being sold online through walmart

This is your argument? REally?
>>
>>89942133
WW is gonna pull in 2 billion domestic and 3 international. If there's one thing the youth want these days its Air Jordan's and more Wonder Woman
>>
>>89942331
You can also buy guns at Walmart, what's your point exactly?
>>
>>89942331
Sorry, there are no Deadpool Lego playsets for kids. I just searched Wal Mart.
There's the ubiquitous vinyl figure, a bunch of clothes aimed at teens and up, and you have there a 45 dollar individual lego toy that no one is buying for a kid.
>>
>>89942288
I thought she was holding their hands for a minute thar
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>89942331
Don't be obtuse, DP existed as a Lego figure long before the movie, you didn't post a product for kids based on an R-rated movie
>>
>>89942331
>buying a ticket to an R-rated Deadpool movie
Which is a VERY VERY different thing from a Batman and Superman movie. Which is PG-13.

>>89942010
No. PG-13 and R are two different ratings for more reasons than just cursing and blood.
>>
>>89942261
Or you can reply and with an actual argument explaining why you disagree, so you don't look like a faggot.
>>
>>89942376
No one ia buying little Billy an individual LEGO figuriine to fuck with for 45 smackeroos.

That is going on the comic shelf of some NEET with well to do parents.
>>
File: 1462298483888.png (94KB, 225x247px) Image search: [Google]
1462298483888.png
94KB, 225x247px
>>89942010
>ignore movie age ratings
>parents strongly cautioned, a rating in the Voluntary Movie Rating System indicating that some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
>the film is suppose to be watchable for a 13 year old

Whatever country you are from you need to kill yourself to improve it's population.
>>
>>89942386
Had some grandma taking her grandkids to the movies and she was asking them if they wanted to see sausage party because the poster made it look like some Pixar animation thing. They declined for something else. I regret not pushing it as a wholesome family film
>>
>>89942391
i don't "disagree" with your headcanon.
I just find it pathetic and irrelevant.

I don't need to have Zack Snyder/David Goyer films reinterpreted for me by a professional turbo-autist.
>>
>>89942331
Didn't realise America is filled with parents willing to chuck 45 bucks for one single tiny lego for their kid.
>>
File: 1459042616674.jpg (45KB, 600x687px) Image search: [Google]
1459042616674.jpg
45KB, 600x687px
Don't bully Ben!
>>
File: 8351365.png (38KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
8351365.png
38KB, 625x626px
>>89942210
What a mess of typing nothing. That is reaching to say the least and you know it.
>>
>>89942435

I know parents who buy their seven year old an iPhone as their first phone. And then six months down the line it's broken and has to be replaced.
>>
>>89942316
Batman still wasn't going to killing superman until after Lex and the vision of the future pushes him other the edge. He wanted the kryptonite as a safety measure.
>>
>>89942010
I don't think you understand movie ratings anon.
>>
>>89942435
America isn't some 3rd world shithole like the rest of the world. Our poor people live like other countries kings
>>
>>89942449
>He wanted the kryptonite as a safety measure.
He attacked and murdered a bunch of armed corporate security to get it, I'd say he was pretty murderous already in this sad, stupid movie.
>>
>>89942444
It's not and you would know that if you actual pay attention to movie instead of discrediting story/plot points/ character motivations because you don't like it. But you keep on memeing. It just make you and your opinions less creditable.
>>
>>89942386
>No. PG-13 and R are two different ratings for more reasons than just cursing and blood.

PG-13 has been a joke for over a decade. That's why R-rated movies have almost entirely disappeared, because with some very minor editing you can just put out the same movie as PG-13. Hell, a lot of PG-13 action movies are arguably even more violent than R-rated movies these days, they just omit the blood and it's suddenly fine.
>>
>>89942493
>But you keep on memeing
That's what you are doing, you are injecting what isn't there in hopes that it catches on.
>>
>>89942493
>No MEMEING ON 4CHAN

I don't think this is your sort of place.
>>
>>89942482
That has nothing to do with Superman on whether or not he was consider a positive like the previous post said..
>>
>>89936376
/co/ seems to think so too
>>
>>89934862
>Along with a warning to take what he’s heard with a grain of salt,

Even shills are getting embarrased with the smear campaign at this point, they just got a director for the flick ffs
>>
>>89942538
Please ;don't speak for the rest of us.
>>
>>89942498
Yes and no. The rating system is definitely flawed (see This Movie is Not Rated for those who haven't) but in the end, they still are two different ratings and in the end, they are given a specific rating for a reason. In this case, you'll have to be blind to not notice that BvS is PG-13 because it's aimed at a larger audience. Zach Snyder wanted to make a movie that is strictly not for kids but does so through a movie franchise that has historically courted young audience and of course, as said BvS is also marketed alongside a wide variety of merch targeted at kids.

Basically the ratings system being flawed does not excuse BvS's mixed reception.
>>
>>89942519
Explain how it's not there?
>>89942532
I told him to keep on doing it, since that's the only thing he apparently has to offer to the actual conversation. I'm sure if you defend him enough he will notice you, anon.
>>
>>89942532
I don't think this is the place FOR YOU
(like the big guy meme!)
>>
>>89942545
>they just got another director for the flick ffs
Fix'd.
The trend towards directors dropping out, and JL related films being delayed for at least another year is sorta troubling, you have to admit.
>>
>>89942594

Yeah like Spiderman having 6 scriptwriters and Doctor Strange being reshot in the last minute by a third party director.

All the shit you hear is normal preproduction stuff, but since the clickbait websites and bona fide shills were blown the fuck out by the objective success of Suicide Squad, we have shill threads every time they fire an intern
>>
Man, I remember when Affleck was going to save the Director's Cut Universe from itself and direct this stellar Batman movie.

Now it's been passed off to the Apekino director.
Who's even directing Flash at this point? Anyone?
>>
>>89936438

I want it to fail so they can start over with writers and producers that like comics and can write.
>>
>>89942631
>and Doctor Strange being reshot in the last minute by a third party director.
Who would have been the first and second party directors in this case?
>>
>>89942677
>first party: Derrickson
>second party: the studio (Disney)
>third party: Dan Harmon (not previously involved)

It's just an expression
>>
>>89942581
For starters we had a narrative out of no where from Louis telling Batman what was going on, that frames up the fact that Bats didn't kill him was because Superman had a mom.
>>
>>89942710
Who the fuck is Louis?
>>
>>89942631
That's not the same as directors walking out of projects and as it stands Ant-man is the only successful cape film that had that issue
>>
>>89942631
>normal preproduction stuff
That's the annoying thing about the current times where people have got to know every single thing about a project's progress.
They end up ignoring or not knowing about all those pre-social media movie projects that have had their fair share of troubles.

I can't imagine what it'll be like if Apocalypse Now is made right now.
>BREAKING NEWS: PROJECT'S BUDGET IS SPIRALLING OUT OF CONTROL
>INSIDER SAYS THE APOCALYPSE NOW IS GOING TO BE DEAD ON ARRIVAL
>COPOLA'S WAR DRAMA IS A TOTAL APOCALYPSE TO SHOOT
>>
>>89942734
Wright didn't walk out of Ant-Man, they gave him enough time to direct a friggin trilogy, and instead he finish HIS trilogy. They were at the point where they needed something and had to go elsewhere.
>>
>>89942730
sorry missed an auto correct my phone did. My best friend's name is Louis so it tries and changes Lois to it where I type it more.
>>
If Ben drops out then the DCEU is over. He's the most popular actor playing the most popular character so it would like recasting RDJ, not going to happen.

But since he has a contract signed and his career in Hollywood would be over if he were to breach it, this rumour is just normal anti DC bullshit
>>
>>89942734

Wright was fired dude, imagine if some director was fired from the DCEU. Just imagine that.
>>
>>89942765
I( thought Ben's various Batman appearances through JL pretty well had him taken care of?

Assuming he doesn't cameo at the end of WW because holy God that movie is going to need SOMETHING to sell itself to audiences.
>>
>>89942758
http://screenrant.com/ant-man-director-edgar-wright-exits/
He pack his bags and left when they didn't give him what he wanted.
>>
>>89941421
>No he won't. Shuster/Siegel estates will make sure that never happens
No, the courts have officially gave 100% ownership of Superman to Warner. The court case has ended.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-bros-superman-rights-confirmed-864026
>>
>>89942757

Do you remember when shills were saying that SS was dead on arrival because the presales were embarrasingly low and Doctor Strange was going to make an easy billion because people loved Benedick Cuminurass and Inception?

Well, those people didn't magically left after being BTFO
>>
If he does leave make Scott Eastwood Batman and base the movies on the Arkham games
>>
>>89942796
Yes which was apparently 20 years to make the movie.
>>
>>89942780
>Wright was fired
http://theweek.com/speedreads/452775/director-edgar-wright-quits-marvels-antman-due-differences-vision-film
>>
>>89936516
>DCUE is still making WB enough money to continue so it's consider not a failure.
DCEU is just a small part of Warner. Warner has no reason to keep funding DCEU if they believe they can earn more money making other films. Warner is not like Marvel Studios, who had no choice but making Marvel films.

In a way, that is the problem. Warner never truly fully invested in making sure DCEU succeeds. Warner just views DCEU as a money maker and has no emotional investment in DCEU's long term survival. That's why they had no patience.
>>
>>89942818
To be fair, Disney were completely within their rights to fire Wright if they wanted to. In any other industry, if you jerk around for eight years not doing any work, you'll get shitcanned
>>
>>89942844
This a million times. Disney bought Marvel after it grew and became something big. DC has been shacked for over 25 years to WB and is just seen as another brick in the wall. The failures come from the fact if it all burns to the ground they can just shrug it off and move on. Marvel Studios needed their films to succeed when they started so that added a lot more pressure to get it right the first try.
>>
>>89942765
>But since he has a contract signed and his career in Hollywood would be over if he were to breach it, this rumour is just normal anti DC bullshit
The other way around. He hasn't signed up for the Batman solo film, just BvS, JL1 and JL2. Cameos are not part of his contract.

And so far no one has declared that Ben has signed up officially to play Batman in the solo film. If he did I am sure Warner would have announced it. Ben could play the role, and likely still will, but not because of contracts.
>>
>>89942844

DCEU is still their biggest franchise by far and away and they are cleary investing in it

WB made 1.7 billions net profit in 2016 and the main source was the Fantastic Beast movie but espeically the DCEU
>>
>>89942710
>that frames up the fact that Bats didn't kill him was because Superman had a mom.
Did you miss the whole recalling of his parents death? After learning that moment. Again, it's not because of Superman's mother name it's because the events that parallel the death of the Waynes. But This time Bruce is not the victim but the man doing the killing. For no reason but cold blooded murder.
>>
>>89942863
This isn't about fairness this is about weird ass misinformation that gets tossed around. I think people wanted Wright to have been fired because it gives a more evil corporate vibe then the idea he took his ball and went home only to discover they still played without him fine.
>>
>>89942895
>But This time Bruce is not the victim but the man doing the killing.
That makes no sense because Martha isn't the wife of Superman, more so he stops on a common name. If that was Synder's attempt at something deep he failed miserably
>>
>>89942900
Which is funny because BvS is what happens when they decided to keep going instead of parting ways upon realising the creative differences are too big to reconcile.
>>
>>89942891

Adding to this and since this is company war cancer thread, let's get the facts straight:

DC is in a golden age of popularity right now. DC is ahead of Marvel in the comic (remember Marlel best selles are Star Wars comics before you embarrass yourself, shill reader), tv, videogames and merchandising market. Why would they stop doing DC movies? It makes no sense
>>
>>89943023
>Why would they stop doing DC movies? It makes no sense
Because Warner has no reason to only make DC movies. As such the question isn't whether to make them, but if there was some other franchise to invest in. 200+ million dollars per film is a LOT of money to spend. If Warner sees another franchise getting bigger then they would cut DCEU. It is just business.
>>
>>89936928
because there's no "this guy literally cooked people alive for fun" bad guy in ww1

there's a moral quagmire that presents itself in WW1 that's simply not present in a typical portrayal (i.e. what most amerilards get taught at school) of WW2.
>>
>>89936928
They are not triggered. It's just that it's simply harder to do a WWI film. WWII is easy, just put Nazis as the bad guys and nobody will complain. WWI is not as simple.
>>
>>89942010
You try telling your kids you refuse to take them to this summer's big cape blockbuster BATMAN V SUPERMAN.
>>
>>89942288
>>89942311
This, they were luring kids into wanting to see it, knowing it wasn't made for them in any way. When the shitty reviews started rolling in, WB even claimed it was a 'fun evening for the family'
>>
>>89942790
>that movie is going to need SOMETHING to sell itself to audiences

The audiences will see it AND praise it out of not wanting to be labelled sexist.
>>
>>89943560
>what is Ghostbusters
>>
>>89943560
>The audiences will see it AND praise it out of not wanting to be labelled sexist.
That doesn't work, like, at all. You can try to generate buzz online, but memes don't translate to actual ticket sales.

No matter what you feel about GB2016's review scores, what we know is that it was a commercial failure. You can't guilt trip people into buying movie tickets. Or at least, there isn't enough of these people.
>>
Ghostbusters didn't get much praise apart from shill websites. Gadot was among the top praised actors in BvS sadly.
>>
>>89943585
No, but you can guilt trip the Academy into giving Heath Ledger a posthumous Oscar.
>>
>>89942798
>Doctor Strange was going to make an easy billion because people loved Benedick Cuminurass and Inception

Doctor Strange didn't even make the top ten for 2016 in North America and it certainly didn't get into any of the top lists internationally. It made more money than any other first time character MCU origin besides IM but still MADE LESS MONEY in North America that X-Men - The Last Stand.
>>
>>89943675
>No, but you can guilt trip the Academy into giving Heath Ledger a posthumous Oscar.

Fat lot of good for Warner, they just want the money.

The fact is there is money to be made by guilt tripping or using recent political events to sell tickets. There is an entire industry revolving around them. But the accepted fact is that these films only make money because they are bloody cheap to make. There is no expensive blockbuster film out there that succeeds through guilt tripping.
>>
File: 1486957799234.png (955KB, 539x690px) Image search: [Google]
1486957799234.png
955KB, 539x690px
Delet
>>
>>89943691
>LOL WHAT A FAILURE WASN'T EVEN AMONG THE TOP 10 OUT OF THE HUNDREDS OF MOVIES MADE IN 2016
Despite this being an absolutely idiotic thing to use as reasoning to label it a failure, it was number 11.

It made $673,601,041 worldwide. If you think that's in the same fucking universe as failing, you know nothing about movies and need to shut up.
>>
>>89940781
>he wants to super hero

He is almost 50. He has to spend months before filming to train and get in shape.

Imagine doing that and getting a 27% on Rotten Tomatoes like he did with BvS?

I'm thinking ben would rather do drama like Argo, something where he doesnt have to deal with WB not letting him have full reigns, where he doesnt have to bust his ass training for months and then get a 27% on RT.

One of the main reasons Hugh Jackman is done playing Wolverine is because he said the training and months of the diet he had to be on to get in to filming shape is taking a toll on his body at his age. Imagine being Ben, looking down the road, knoeing he would have to that in his 50s every few years, or he could just work on movies that dont have that baggage, get higher RT scores and have a chance at getting Oscars. At his age Im sure he prefers the latter.
>>
>>89934862
when will we have a movie credited to the corporate soulless suits that intervene in movies to maximize profits based on raw data and statistics?
>>
>>89940323
>Everyone wanted a good DC cinematic universe.
I don't think everybody wants a "good DC cinematic universe". I think everybody wants a second Marvel cinematic universe starring DC Comics characters.
>>
File: 24253465457yurvy6456.jpg (17KB, 339x306px) Image search: [Google]
24253465457yurvy6456.jpg
17KB, 339x306px
>>89942891
>DCEU is still their biggest franchise
>>
>>89940518

Superman Returns and Batman Begins was supposed to be the same universe.
>>
>>89944884
Well technically a Batman versus Superman movie has been in the works since the late 90's. which makes the final result even more unbelievable.
>>
>>89944884
But they didn't stick to it because Superman Returns did badly and WB are pussies who only follow the money.
>>
>>89934862
He method acted so hard as the Sadman that it ruined his life, no wonder he wants out.
>>
File: 1453210622178.jpg (64KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1453210622178.jpg
64KB, 680x680px
>>89943993
Green Lantern prove this was not the case.
>>
>>89943993
They just want tolerable movies period. TDK wasn't praised because it was grimdark and edgy, it was an entertaining movie that managed to take the source material seriously without being up its own ass about God and Jesus.

The worst of MCU is more tolerable than the trainwreck that was SS. WB can't do dark and 'mature' right with Snyder, but they can't do fun and family friendly either.
>>
>>89942891
Harry Potter and Tolkien are way more popular and money making
>>
>>89945355
As weird as it sounds I'm curious why they didn't get Peter Jackson to try it out. He seems to have that needed balance of a serious story but with enough levity that it's just grim dark.
>>
>>89945357
They can't squeeze more out of Tolkien by now, and HP is still a smaller franchise/character than Batman and Superman, you don't see people running around with Potter shirts and playing HP games to the same amount you see it with Bats and Supes.. BvS could easily have passed the billion on name recognition if it hadn't been such a mess.
>>
>>89945355
>fun and family friendly

It's already made nearly $100M:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=lego2.htm
>>
>>89934862
>I want to belive this is just a publicity stunt

There is absolutely no way to spin "our star wants to leave" as a publicity stunt.

As a stunt because he wants more money? Sure. The studio wouldn't be in on that, though they'd probably recognize it as such. But not for movie publicity.

And as a stunt for more money? He pretty much killed any chance of that when he held up production of BvS after it had begun shooting because he wanted a page one rewrite by his personal friend. He already cost the studio a lot of money, so there's no way he'd get a raise with shit like this.

>>89934927
and also Affleck looks miserable as fuck and gets irate whenever people talk about a movie that as recently as late October he was saying wasn't happening because they hadn't even started a script, only now despite his having been on press tours - which is a 12-hour day minimum for a month, minimum - since then for two movies and the fact that Hollywood basically shuts down for a month over the holidays anyway allegedly there's a script and a title (the title being one he specifically denied was the title) and he's lost the director role (probably because he's overcommitted and doesn't have time to do all the prep work, which is ironic for Batman) and also he's said several times he took the role for his son but his son is like four so there's no way he can even watch any of these movies for a decade and he's been dissatisfied with it from the start and not only brought in Terrio but rewrote a lot of BvS himself and in this role was in two of the most panned movies of the decade and...

it's not hard to infer that he'd be unhappy enough to leave, and he's probably already filming his last contracted appearance - it's more notable that this idea of his wanting to quit would leak in such a major way without immediate denials than that it's being suggested

that in turn suggests the studio is prepared to part with him
>>
>>89945451
True, though I was referring to rl movies. A whole other thing with the animation.
>>
File: dirch passer.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
dirch passer.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>89945451
>Mwf this surpasses BvS at the box office.
>>
>>89945442
>you don't see people running around with Potter shirts and playing HP games to the same amount you see it with Bats and Supes.
Not the case with sales. Harry Potter was still #2 in tops merc sales in 2016 with Star Wars at #1
>>
>>89939986
Wonder Man

A disheartened super hero movie actor and director tired of people trying to capitalize on the avengers publicity to create movies, who gets super-powers, is blackmailed into being evil for a bit then comes back round to being a good guy and joins the avengers.

It would be hilarious.
>>
>>89945442
>They can't squeeze more out of Tolkien by now
Three more films lined up say otherwise.
>>
>>89943691
I really don't get fags implying that this is bad.

The public never heard about this character before, and now he was promoted from a C list to a B list, and with it an entire market open based on the character. In my opinion it is a fucking sucess.
>>
File: 1454975978453.jpg (71KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1454975978453.jpg
71KB, 520x678px
>>89945539
Please no.
>>
>>89943806

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?yr=2016&p=.htm

And there's no way it will overcome anything in front of it.

It's #23 in it's genre. As I said, behind Last Stand.
Worldwide, it's barely in the top 100, all time (foreign and domestic gross).

The point this all makes is that queens like you hoping to be hired as the next Marvel intern and paid Disney shill constantly talk about success in two metrics: gross and RT.
>>
>>89945559
Not to mention, we're 4 years away from the 20th anniversary of Fellowship. Sounds like it's ripe for a remake
>>
>>89945500
opener was too slow, but the international could possibly tip it over, haven't really been paying enough attention to which markets it's opened in to say

>>89945534
no no no

that is Cavill's dream casting

Ben can be Grim Reaper or Daredevil's father in law
yeah the crazy one who painted himself with radioactive crap and rode around on a horse in Hell's Kitchen
>>
>>89943993
Nobody here wants more of Green Lantern and whatever the full was SS.

Stop being a ducking baby and start understanding criticism.

There are multiple good cape movies, go learn that there is something other than MCU and Snydershit.
>>
>>89945451
And yet, on top of being fun and family friendly, it is potentially one of the best explorations and developments of a Bruce Wayne caricature than those provided in the vast majority of Bat stories.
>>
>>89945558
Same kind of insecure faggots who say 'Look Batman and Superman made more than Ant-Man! MARVEL IS FINISHED!"
>>
>>89945442
>They can't squeeze more out of Tolkien by now
They will ride that whore till her legs fall off. Tolken is one of those brands like Star Wars that it will always have a large following.
>>
>>89945463
>>I want to belive this is just a publicity stunt

It is, for Collider.
>>
>>89943691
Why are you responding to bait? No one expected Strange to be a top ten contender, you can't find threads like BvS where people were making serious claims that it would break records. Most were curious how it would hold up going against Harry Potter since that was going to be the juggernaut film of November and all things considered it work out like Ant-man where it made good sales and made a hardly know hero become more well know.
>>
>>89940440
Funny is easy to enjoy and so easy to sell.

Anyone can get off from a hard day at work and roll up to see any marvel movie with the kids and have a reasonably good but definitely not bad time for a couple of hours where you dont have to do anything or engage with the hells of the real world.

The DC movies can be enjoyable and good sure but you have to be in the right frame of mind and understand what they are trying to do because they Dont explain themselves all that well and are generally kind of dour (other than the attempts of suicide squad which was an ok action movie. I liked the effects).

Like, even not with standing either franchises actual quality, imagine Jane Q Officeworker and John F Retailworker go to the movies one weekday, and John takes their nephew to get them out of their families hair. Do you see

> A: a two and a half long hard to understand pretentious seeming dark art action movie that looks hard to understand about deep personal character motivations of gods and vigilantes and tortured human souls

or

> B: super hero does cool things and wins in the end, there are jokes, you watched some similar cartoons as a kid
>>
>>89945559
>>89945539
I'm fine with it if they're pornos

gonna watch me some Galadriel

>>89945561
Last Stand made about $460m worldwide in 2006, which is about $554m today

it's possible that on ticket sales it did better - as in, they may have been nominally cheaper then so it would have required more sales to hit the same gross - but the trend for X-Men movies since 2000 has been downward numbers of tickets domestically anyway, and probably internationally too: the only exceptions have been the two JLaw movies and Deadpool, and JLaw quit and Deadpool 2 is up in the air, so...

the "north america" hot take is based on wishful thinking and a nostalgic view of the 1980s - which was the last time anybody gave a shit about where their money was made, because Reagan relaxed the rules enough (a move made by governments the world over) that they can now simply arrange loans to themselves with the money earned overseas and claim tax relief against those - ie, no tax paid, anywhere
>>
>>89945672
google "Ben Affleck" right now

Collider wasn't even the first to report this
>>
>>89945736
>other than the attempts of suicide squad which was an ok action movie

Damn, you have low standards.
>>
>>89945500

No. The original Lego Movie barely made about 60% BvS, It made LESS money than The Lego Movie did this past (opening weekend) so it won't even surpass SS.

However, as far as WB is concerned as to >>89945474
>>89944117

WB considers their three big income streams for the next 5 or so years to be Lego movies (they have a whole bunch, Ninjago later this year and then the proper sequel to the Lego Movie), the Potter franchise (four more FB sequels) and the DCEU.

Buena Vista smoke all the other studios - Universal barely got a movie in the top ten worldwide with Secret Life of Pets but most of the movies are Disney (Buena Vista). However, the next studio is Warner Brothers. Paramounts biggest hit was Star Trek Beyond.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2016&p=.htm

Look at it another way. Disney (Buena Vista) is the most successful studio, making $3 BILLION last year. But WB came in second with 1.9 B.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/?view=company&view2=yearly&yr=2016&p=.htm

I'm sure WB would have preferred if BvS had made that extra 126+ million to get 1B, which would have put them over 2B for the year, and so the re-tooling.

If Justice League doesn't make that extra 125/126,5 you can bet your ass that even if it has a 100% RT score, Zach Snyder wouldn't even be second unit director on Justice League 2, much less any MoS sequel, The Batman or anything else.
>>
>>89945773
While I do believe Affleck probably wants out as quick as possible, i also think these are just clickbait rumors and not from any believable sources.

I'm sure it must be demotivating for Ben though, to be bombarded with questions about leaving and if he thinks the direction is bad.
>>
>>89945754

>The DC movies can be enjoyable and good s

No, they really can't. They're just shit, and that's the problem.

That's the problem with his whole stupid company wars thing. There's nothing wrong, and much right, about trying a different approach to cape movies, but the approach also has to be good. Instead we've gotten pure garbage.

All this HURR DURR ENJOY YOUR QUIPFEST MARVEL DRONS bullshit is retarded because DC just isn't putting out good movies.

All it has to do is put out good movies and it would do fine. Even just put out competent movies. But somehow they can't put out films that meet even the basic standard requirements of a film like coherence.

It really is baffling. DC has some of the most recognizable and best characters in the world. You'd think it would be a no-brainer to put out passable movies with them, but somehow they continually fuck it up.
>>
>>89945539
If they're making Silmarillion movies they'll need more like 300 films.
>>
>>89945598
>but the international could possibly tip it over

It's been released in more markets internationally than The Lego Movie at this same juncture and just like it made less that TLM domestically, it likewise didn't explore internationally. It should end up with 500M which is more than TLM, but no way does it make $880M. It would need to make the same amount of money it made this weekend for the next 8-10 weeks.
>>
>>89945876
>implying they wouldn't
This is the same company that started the part 1 part 2 bullshit with films.
>>
>>89945853
>the most recognizable and best characters in the world
That's part of the problem I guess. Everyone has an idea of what Superman and Batman is, while Wonder Woman is more of a feminism icon to normies than an actual character. Superman is hard to do right today because he's such a big icon. I mean the movies are still shit, but I can see how reinterpreting Superman and pleasing the audience could be harder than reinterpreting Iron Man.
>>
>>89943993
>I think everybody wants a second Marvel cinematic universe starring DC Comics characters.

Will this fucking meme fron whiny DC fanboys just fucking die already?

People just want good movies with DC characters. What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you 10? Did you just forget mega-successes like Nolan's trilogy or Burton's Batman?

People LOVE Batman and Superman. People want GOOD movies with them, and will pay a lot to see them. The problem is what they're getting is utterly worthless shit.

The DCEU isn't failing because people hate DC, or just want MCU-style movies. The DCEU is failing because so far the DCEU has been fucking terrible. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>89945819
>While I do believe
>>89945773

This entire thread is hysterical - as was pointed out last night RIGHT AT THE TOP: >>89934927 and
>>89934967

Ben took an Executive Produce position on The Batman and on the entire DCEU.

His contract is for an additional film (besides his solo) after JL.

He agree to do SS as a favor and before BvS was finished and released.

He's already gone through this with Daredevil, as far as internet crap, box office expectations AND even worse with Gigli, Benifer, etc.

Just go give yourselves all enemas and fucking relax.
>>
>>89945791
I did not want to leave, the fights kept my attention, i liked the flashy effects even if the characters were shit and the casting kind of terrible and the writing boring it did not matter, because it was marketed to me as an actiion movie.

And i got reasonably consistent action with a couple of cool set pieces and a big ending fight .

I mean, sure, I would rather it would be better, but it was at least as enjoyable as one of the Alien Vs Predator movies, even if it would have been more sensible to pick less characters and less expensive flashy villains and do something more like the original predator movie, except replace the jungle with Gotham, Arnie with Harley, the squad with task force X, the vaguely Vietnamese army with jokers gang and the predator with Batman/Deathstroke.

That could have been great. Instead it was like... reasonably okay.
>>
>>89945941
I actually wouldn't mind an ongoing Silmarillion series of films. Not the whole thing, because a lot of it is like reading a textbook, but there are a lot of good stories in there. If they made those stories into standalone movies every few years that would be cool.
>>
Man of steel was great
BvS was a bit of a misstep for the beginning of the but a well executed movie in its own right. The ultimate cut is at least.
Suicide squad was mindless fun

Really the only thing i hate is how butchered these films get in editing
>>
>>89945951
>I mean the movies are still shit, but I can see how reinterpreting Superman and pleasing the audience could be harder than reinterpreting Iron Man.

Sure, but it can be done. In 1989 the prevailing image of Batman to the general non-comics public was the 60s Adam West show. Tim Burton changed that and went for a darker take, but he did it by making a damn good movie.

In the 2000s Nolan was able to do it again, though to a less extreme degree than what Burton did, by creating a new vision of Batman that contrasted with the ridiculous dreck the movies had become in the 90s.

You CAN reinterpret or approach differently an icon, you just have to do a good job. So far Snyder and Co. have utterly failed at that, but act like they deserve a cookie for it.
>>
>>89946017
Please stop trolling.
>>
>>89934862
It means Ben wants to get paid a lot more to ruin his career by starring in these flicks.
>>
>>89946100
>please stop disagreeing with Master Mickey's agenda or I won't get paid for doing a good job shilling
;)
>>
>>89946146
I think's it's got more to do with these movies being time consuming on top of physically straining to do.
>>
>>89940461
>Conclusion, DC sucks.
>>89940513
>>Obviously referring to movies
No you weren't
>"Y-yeah. Well mean the movies
"
>DCEU is finished!
>>89940573
>never mind. you need a brain much more.
So do you.
>>
>>89946158
I really wonder if comments like these are sincere. Do people really believe stuff like this?

I used to think no one could be stupid enough to actually think this and were just saying obviously retarded shit to troll, but now I'm not sure.
>>
>>89945971
>Ben took an Executive Produce position on The Batman and on the entire DCEU.

Originally as widely reported at the time he turned down EP on the entire DCEU - after his Argo win in 2012. He then accepted Batman as the role and, again as widely reported and confirmed by WB, to direct the putative solo series that it would undoubtedly entail. Originally they were saying 3 movies; then one, but with no date (like most of the DCEU's promised movies so far), now that may not even come.

>His contract is for an additional film (besides his solo) after JL.

His contract was almost certainly for 3 headline roles as is pretty much standard - above the line, not below the line. Did you not see him credited in the opening of SS? That's a headliner. So that's not a favor, that's a contractual obligation, and he's 2/3, with JL being 3/3.

>He agree to do SS as a favor and before BvS was finished and released.

Yeah, you can't "do a favor". Contracts don't work that way because credits don't work that way. It's possible I'll concede that they went to him begging and asked him to sign on for SS in addition to his existing contract, at a special rate - but it's not all that likely.

You really need to stop thinking like this. It's people like you that are the reason the Salkind clause exists.
>>
>>89941560
>it was just this angst teen mess that shouldn't be how the two heroes operate.
>Batman

>not teen angst

You want Batman vs Robin again?>>89945355
>The worst of MCU is more tolerable than the trainwreck that was
the worse movies MCU has are boring as hell and not worth a second watch. While SS get watched more just for the fun >>89945853
>All it has to do is put out good movies and it would do fine.
of it.

That is harder than it looks

>It didn't do anything new
>it was okay
>Safe
>Dosen't push buttons
>Not good enough.
>Forgettable

Marvel has good movies, but they are forgotten easily while BvS and SS is talked more. DCEU. Ask someone who the villain in IM2 /3 or Thor 2. Hell people might think IM is the villain in Cap 3.
>>
If Marvel can take a junkie has-been who was arrested for naked-driving like a psychopath after snorting vast amounts of coke, put him the role of a B-list cape character and make a billion dollar franchise out of it, why can't WB save Ben's career with Batman and Superman?
>>
>>89946178
That's part of the career ruining. We've already seen his director work suffer because he has to put too much time into playing a cape. It is just not worth it unless he is paid a lot more.
>>
>>89946520
>save
They are ruining his career which was going nicely.
>>
>>89946480
I wouldn't rematch the boring MCU movies, but neither would I want to ever watch SS again. It wasn't funny bad ala Batman and Robin, it was just plain bad.

/co/ talks more about what they hate than what they like. So I guess yes, BvS will be remembered for long as an incredibly disappointing movie, while something like Strange is just your monthly popcorn flick.
>>
It shouldn't be this hard.

WB has a long history of producing superhero movies - longer that Marvel Studios - and yet, they're fumbling the ball like amateurs. I can't be sympathetic at this point. WB knows how to make a good film. WB knows how to make a good superhero film; they've made them before.

It's mindbogglingly how WB fucked up their golden goose.
>>
>>89945539
>>89945559
>>89945941
They can't make anything other than LotR and Hobbit until Christopher Tolkien goes six feet under

And that's assuming the rest of his family would be more open to negotiations than he is
>>
>>89946269
You're just an idiot anon, that's all
>>
File: wes.jpg (36KB, 480x346px) Image search: [Google]
wes.jpg
36KB, 480x346px
89 original posters.

346 replies.

Wew, Disney shills are working extra time!
>>
>>89934862
They put it in the hands of a man who doesn't believe in altruism.

Also trying to structure it like Marvel instead of relying on DC's own strengths didn't help but it's not like that'd make much difference in the face of such tonedeaf production decisions.
>>
>>89948134
>>89948401
>poster #90
I'm special!
Yay!
>>
I just want to remind you guys that three months after Man of Steel came out there was a leak that Doomsday would be the final boss, before Batman was even confirmed, and you guys all said that was a stupid rumor and there was absolutely 100% no way anyone would be dumb enough to have the Death of Superman in the second movie of the franchise.
>>
>>89948531
I never, EVER put any limits on human stupidity.
>>
>>89936649
from what i remember of the ads, rise of the silver surfer looked dumb as fuck and had a stupid name to boot.
>>
>>89946323
>His contract was almost certainly for 3 headline roles as is pretty much standard - above the line, not below the line. Did you not see him credited in the opening of SS? That's a headliner. So that's not a favor, that's a contractual obligation, and he's 2/3, with JL being 3/3.

When you make shit up try to make it believable or people will just laugh at you and move on. A headliner role has to have a certain amount of screentime or they aren't so. SS doesn't count, he did it because they paid them to do it but it's not a headliner role and you're unironically retarded if you actually think it is. So they have JL and the Batman movie, which he's legally obligated to do, and this is just another clickbait story that would go nowhere
>>
>>89948531
>I just want to remind you guys that three months after Man of Steel came out there was a leak that Doomsday would be the final boss

rumors like '' a DC character is going to appear on a DC movie'' are the most common and generic thing ever, anyone can made up a rumor like that and be right.

Then there are rumors like ''suicide squad is reshooting over 50% of the movie'' or something, the director goes out and says that he was just adding a couple of scnes and people go ''LIES!!!!'' so what's even the point to argue?

In a couple of weeks Affleck is going to give a statement about how false those rumors are and that's going to be it
>>
>>89950462
>In a couple of weeks Affleck is going to give a statement about how false those rumors are and that's going to be it

And not even a statement addressing the rumors, he is just going to say that he is really exited to keep playing the character or something like that.

All this shit is just fabricated bullshit to steal away from the fact that Batman found a new director.

I hardly saw news sites talking about it because the other new rumor started almost as soon as Batman got a director, how weird
>>
>>89950462

They still say that shit about SS when the meddling is OBVIOUSLY in editing and not reshooting, meanwhile Doctor Strange, Civil War and Ant-Man were through bankrupt tier reshoots and no one said shit.
>>
>>89950677
>bankrupt tier reshoots
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.