[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorillaz Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: gorillaz.jpg (23KB, 615x342px) Image search: [Google]
gorillaz.jpg
23KB, 615x342px
So am I the only one around here that prefers the old art style over the new one?
>>
inb4
>they're bad now because damon doesn't like my husbando!
>>
>>89934282
You are not the only one to have done anything, anon.

Every thought you've ever had, every feeling you've ever felt, every ordeal you've ever faced and every victory you've ever attained has been experienced by unending throngs of human beings stretching backwards through history to the stumbling beginnings of sapient thought.

You are just another template of a template of a template. The life you live has been lived before and will be lived again ad nauseum long after you have ceased to exist. Everyone you've ever met will die and one day be forgotten and the sum of their existence will be replicated by a million people they'll never meet. That is reality as we know it: a repetitive slog which is incongruous with the notion of individual exceptionalism.

So no, OP: you are not the only one. You will never be the only one. And even as you parse the words of this sentence, someone, somewhere will be mirroring your exact sentiments without ever being the wiser.
>>
File: 1460836343386.png (263KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1460836343386.png
263KB, 600x550px
>>89934489
>>
>>89934489
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbl7wOmh9C4

You can find soething unique in every experience by every person.

As a matter of fact experiences are so personalized now, that you can't be equal, even if you try.
>>
>>89934606
Idiosyncrasy is merely the randomisation of pre-determined traits to create something superficially unique. Originality cannot exist in a society of communal creatures. All ideas are derivative because that is the nature of thought. All experiences are slight variations of experiences that have already occurred.

Do you think that you are beyond equality? That the universe owes you your individualism? The universe owes us nothing more than a chance to do right what those before us have done wrong, and it scarcely offers that.
>>
I wasn't aware there even was an update to the art. I haven't followed anything gorillaz has done since Demon Days.
>>
I kind of prefer it too, Anon. I mean, the newer stuff looks great too, but the older style is closer to what I personally like.

It's kind of like Rayman Origins Vs. Rayman Legends. Legends looks fantastic, but I prefer the cel shaded versions of the characters.
>>
File: Noodle 2.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Noodle 2.webm
2MB, 900x506px
2-D phase 1 > phase 2 = phase 3
Murdoc phase 1 > phase 2 = phase 3
Russel phase 1 = phase 2 = phase 3
Noodle phase 3 > phase 2 > phase 1
>>
>>89934489
saved
>>
File: noodle.jpg (177KB, 349x601px) Image search: [Google]
noodle.jpg
177KB, 349x601px
>>89934757
I think that the "realistic" proportions are really off-putting, and the soft shading as well.
>>
File: 180degrees.jpg (15KB, 370x264px) Image search: [Google]
180degrees.jpg
15KB, 370x264px
>>89934716
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CArW3omUfpY

No individual it's equal, no planet, no song, no anything, if you think they are, you are completely delusional, cause that statement has no ground on reality, if you are purely materialistic, matter ain't the same as one another, to the point that they can't even mix.

What you claim it's idealistic in the sense that seeks patterns and generality, it's a simplification of a complex arrange of circumstances that are above your honest understanding.
>>
File: lettuce is zen.jpg (127KB, 1201x578px) Image search: [Google]
lettuce is zen.jpg
127KB, 1201x578px
>>89934606
>>
>>89934282
What makes you think you're the only one who thinks so?
Autism?
>>
File: 1485734241494.jpg (28KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1485734241494.jpg
28KB, 428x410px
>>89937508
Yup.. that's it exactly.
>>
>>89934898
why didn't they change her name? if tumblr threw a bitch fit about buffalo wings why is this ok, because they grew up on it?
>>
I reaally like plastic beach art collection
>>
>>89934304
Who does Damon not like?
>>
>>89934898
Noodle reminds me of Jubilee now.
>>
File: murdoc blink.gif (864KB, 287x282px) Image search: [Google]
murdoc blink.gif
864KB, 287x282px
>>89934282
I liked it when noodle was a small asian child with a kick ass hat
>>
IF RUN THE JEWELS DOESN'T SHOW UP ON THE NEW GORILLAZ ALBUM IT WILL BE SHIT

S H I T

H

I

T
>>
>>89934282
It's sad that Phase 3 occured during the infancy of the current state of social media, in that sweet spot 7 to 8 years ago when MTV only played music videos at 3 in the morning, the only way to get new info was through magazine or radio interviews, and music streaming services weren't common place. Now they can make a tweet or post on Instagram and everyone will be aware of it within the hour. That makes me hopeful that this new album will be a success, maybe the stars will align and they'll avoid making another commercial flop like Plastic Beach.
>>
>>89934716
The Universe doesn't allow or prevent anything. Although our experiences may be largely the same, our perception of events can be wildly different from even our twin. The way we analyze data is so complicated that something as minor as a lack of a certain chemical can completely change it's functioning.
>>
>>89934716
There is a reason why witness testimony is largely inaccurate, different people remember the same events in a variety of contradictory ways.
>>
>>89939739
Me too, anon. Me too.
>>
>>89939814
There was also the bankruptcy of EMI which crippled their ability to promote the album at the time, and the recording industry being in a financial slump in general due to piracy.
>>
>>89939883
Coupled with the fact that they blew their budget on making Stylo, and the abysmal failure that was the Escape to Plastic Beach tour. Phase 3 just happened to occur at the most inopportune time.
>>
>>89939907
>they blew their budget on making Stylo
Why would they possibly do that?
>>
>>89940253
They thought they had more to work with than the actually did I'm sure. Demon Days had been such a huge success that they were looking to maybe make a whole movie even. It was bad timing and lack of foresight.
>>
>>89939814
Sucks that Plastic Beach flopped.

It killed me how some people seemed to hate it because it wasn't Dare or Feel Good Inc.

Hell, Hallelujah Money makes me itch to hear the rest of the new project
>>
Plastic Beach was a tough sell because while it was a good album, I know personally speaking it took a couple of listens before the whole thing really gelled with me.

I never regretted buying the album, especially since I wound up seeing em live, but it took a couple of days before I really appreciated it.
>>
>>89940302
>Demon Days had been such a huge success that they were looking to maybe make a whole movie even
That was after s/t. Jamie met with dreamworks but decided to scrap it after hearing what dreamworks wanted the film to be (think live action Smurfs movie)
The leftover concepts were worked in to DD
>>
>>89940753
All this talk about it made me start listening lol.

White Flag and Superfast Jellyfish are the weakest tracks imo, but I enjoy them to a degree still.
>>
I like the old style and the current style. I don't think Jamie would go back to the old style, because he's progressed it this far. That's what artists do, they evolve.
>>
I miss the atmosphere of the old band. I liked the goofy elements, the fact that they lived in a probably haunted building in the middle of a dumpster, or the fact that Russel was host to one of his dead rapper friends.

Post-Demon Days Gorillaz seem to take themselves too seriously. That's not to say there aren't occasionally "weird" aspects to their videos, but on the whole the band seems far more grounded than when they started.
>>
>>89942560
>Russel was host to one of his dead rapper friends

Thought all his dead rapper friends were living inside him, del just being the most prominent
They're all gone though, specifically because irl Del is afraid of planes
>>
>>89942665
It's entirely possible, they haven't touched on it for so long that I barely remember early Gorillaz lore.
>>
>>89934489
That sure is a lot of words just to say that you don't know what hyperbole is.
>>
>>89942739
When the band broke up Russel got hit hard
He was haunted by ghost, Death kept creeping up on him and his music equipment oozed slime. He eventually went mad for a while and Death took Del to the afterlife

Noodle was in hell for some reason too but escape but that parts fuzzy
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.