[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Flash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: kid-flash.jpg (1MB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kid-flash.jpg
1MB, 1200x1000px
Fairly new to comics, what are the best kid flash comics/when wally was flash? Also general best DC comic thread...
>>
File: 1 wally runs backwards on ferry.png (922KB, 606x603px) Image search: [Google]
1 wally runs backwards on ferry.png
922KB, 606x603px
Volume 2 62-225 is the GOAT Flash stuff. You can start at 1 though, it's solid.

Kid Flash is probably New Teen Titans stuff and Silver Age Teen Titans is fun silver age goofiness. No idea what Flash issues with Barry have good Kid Flash stories.
>>
Thanks man I'll give them a look!
>>
>>89926871
>Brown hair.
>Hazel eyes.
But that's Bart, not Wally.
>>
>>89926871
There's never really been a good kid Flash.

Your options are Silver Age Flash comics Wally, who's all "Jumping Jackrabbits Flash!" It's cute but pretty trite. Then there's OG Teen Titans Wally, who's alright and kind of the easy going prankster you imagine, but again, silver age triteness.

Then you get Bronze Age, Wolfman-style Wally who's just an asshole that is completely unlikable. They took the prankster aspect and just exacerbated it by him just being mean and uncaring towards everyone but Raven.

After that, the next Kid Flash is a whopping 15 years later when Bart takes up the mantle for Johns' Teen Titans. He is the worst part of the book and Johns legendarily ruined any inkling of what made Bart a fun or interesting character. Impulse was significantly better, and if you're looking for a fun to read young speedster then check him out in Flash vol 2, Impulse, and the PAD Young Justice Comics.

Then there's New 52 Bart Kid Flash which is an abomination I refuse to talk about. It's literally the worst thing DC has done in the New 52 besides trying to pass off Wally West as a delinquent black kid.

Finally, the aforementioned delinquent black kid Wally turned out not to be the real Wally, and has very recently (like a few months ago) become Kid Flash. He's fine, if quite bland. They're just writing him kind of like Waid's Born to Run kid Wally but it's too little too late since they already brought back that version of Wally.

So yeah Kid Flash actually is garbage and nothing good ever really comes from it. The garbage Wolfman Wally did help kind of frame adult Flash Wally's development, though. Waid and WML turning shit into gold.
>>
>>89927590
It's what you get when you google kid flash Wally, sadly. Some idiots who posted the picture mistook it for Wally because it's the only modern Kid Flash art they had and they just assumed since it's an article about the stupid ass show.
>>
>>89926933
Seconding this. My personal preference is Johns' run (Flash v2 #164-225), but most people love Waid's run and you should definitely check that out.
>>
Why no flash this week?
>>
>>89926871
That's Bart. Look at the goddamn logo.

Anyway, the best Kid Flash story is probably Born to Run and that's about it honestly. Wally was better as Flash and Bart was better as Impulse. There's the new KF but he hasn't done much recently.

Best Flash stuff in general however is mentioned by >>89926933
>>
File: UPSET.gif (381KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
UPSET.gif
381KB, 180x135px
>>89929025
>>
>>89929025
It's next week. Probably using the extra time to help with art. Or maybe they're just lining up Flash so it falls on Titans and Teen Titans weeks.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.