[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they even TRYING anymore!??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 425
Thread images: 50

File: MY PARENTS ARE DEAD.jpg (94KB, 643x624px) Image search: [Google]
MY PARENTS ARE DEAD.jpg
94KB, 643x624px
Are they even TRYING anymore!??
>>
>>89926670
He has a point. Batman carries some pretty lethal shit with him, including turrets the size of buildings and actual guns from time to time.
>>
Is Batman against cops wearing guns as well even if they are going up against men armed that could take them out?
>>
>>89926670
That's not snow on his parents' headstones.
>>
A Green lantern packing a fucking gun is most certainly the stupidest bullshit idea ever
>>
>>89928116
I'm pretty sure he is. I can't remember what comic I read it in but I think he gave Gordon crap for carrying a gun. It was Death in the Family or Robin of Knightfall.
>>
>>89926670
GL is right. Batman is being petty piece of shit, but i guess that's in character.
>>
>>89928194
That's retarded. What does he expect them to do against armed bank robbers
>>
>>89926670
>Muh Mommy and Daddy are dead!!!!11!!!1

Fuck Batman.
>>
Also this is the worst lantern design by miles. Even 90's Kyle Rayner seems good in comparison
>>
>>89928179
hey, they've all needed something to give them the will to go on

this guy has a gun
ginger had his practical jokes
kyle had some cold ones waiting at home
hal had that kid

it's fine, it's normal
>>
>>89928211
Kung Fu and Karate.
>>
File: l.jpg (109KB, 851x969px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
109KB, 851x969px
>>89926670
I don't have a problem with this and actually like the consistency of Batman's character where he's actually crazy and the only thing keeping him from falling apart is his strict code and rules and rituals he keeps.
>>
>>89926670
Batman is the hugest fucking hypocrite
>>
>>89926670
Simon is better off as a red lantern

Jessica would be the purple one

Too much Green redundancy
>>
>>89928332
Jessica should have stayed Power Ring and Simon should have been a Yellow. He has the ability to instill great fear y'know
>>
simon has the most powerful weapon int he universe on his finger and he still uses a gun as a crutch

he's a bitch nigga who isn't living up to his potential as a GL
>>
>>89928395
>Ring runs out of power again.
>>
>>89926670

I thought this page was going to be about white privilege or some shit. Glad I was wrong
>>
>>89928179

No it isn't. What's stupid is that lanterns don't carry a back up weapon since the rings run out of power
>>
>>89928179
His ring regularly failed him because it was a malfunctioning piece of shit.
>>
>>89926670
Because guns--TRIGGER-- him?
>>
File: 1476588989405.jpg (44KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1476588989405.jpg
44KB, 512x384px
>>89928250
>kyle had some cold ones waiting at home
>>
>>89928504
>>89928578
While its true, it says what you are as a GL, you need to have the utmost confidence with you and your ring and Lanterns who lost their ring power were still able to fight back even without a gun
>>
>>89926670

I actually liked this. Both have their reasons for arguing. Batman is shown to be a hypocrite since he has an issue with a gun but not with a GL ring which is more powerful, but rings have nonlethal methods while guns generally don't. But Batman is traumatized by guns and that's what Simon is unknowingly stating.

And their arguing over who the bad guy is was good, too. They were both right. I'm going to expect them having better respect for each other.
>>
>>89928504
>Shoot super bad dude with gun
>Nothing happens to super bad dude
I would be more comfortable with that excuse if he had a raygun or some sort of high tech or mystical gizmo thing. There is a reason cops rely on super heroes to deal with super villains, and it's not because guns are amazingly effective against them.
>>
File: Green-Lantern-18-006.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Green-Lantern-18-006.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>why does simon carry that shitty gun

Show some respect.
>>
I'm not that into guns but c'mon.
Say Green Lantern is in space fighting some evil alien and his ring runs out of power or some other shit that ALWAYS happens to Lanterns for plot reasons.
Now, Hal, John, Kyle, Guy, Jessica, every other fucking Lantern, they're all gonna have only their fists to fight back, or whatever else they can get a hold of.
Simon's still gonna have his gun.
>>
>>89928736
>>89928742
>>89928760

The idea that the lanterns don't carry any kind of backup weapon is pretty damn stupid when you think about it. I think what would avoid alot of the criticism about Baz having an actual pistol would be lessened if it was some sort of badass alien-tech laser pistol thing. Him just running around in space with a Glock or whatever it is, is just silly as fuck.
>>
>>89928250
You forgot about negro having a planet fireworks.
>>
>>89928986
He also has the marines
>>
>>89928742
That's pretty cool. Is he fighting Sinestro?
>>
>>89928297

The issue isn't HIS refusal to use guns it's him giving people shit for their using them.
>>
>>89929055
Yep this is Simon in the dead realm which is basically the after life trying to bring back Hal but Sinestro as the smug person as he is tried stealing Simon's ring.
>>
>>89926670
He's got giant ass guns on the Batmobile and Batwing most of the time.
>>
>>89929055

Yes, during the First Lantern arc of GL. Baz, Hal, and Sinestro are trapped in a dead dimension. Baz has the doubled ring that Sinestro made for Hal and it has a safeguard so that it can't hurt Sinestro. Sinestro wants the ring so he can escape.

Ring doesn't work.
Gun works.
>>
>>89928957
For comic "standarts" if the hero wears an armor every villian will do so, or be stronger. It doesnt need to be with planned writing but you will end passing legacy to a bendis at some point.
>>
>>89926670
Batman's logic has always been goddamn retarded, his stance on guns, not killing The Joker despite him escaping from Arkham every five seconds, and letting children fight alongside him in colourful costumes
>>
File: guyshmerp.jpg (55KB, 254x292px) Image search: [Google]
guyshmerp.jpg
55KB, 254x292px
>>89929160

No but see, they shoot tiny little batarangs and grenades so its like, totally ok and shit.....
>>
>>89929195

I get the logic of having a side arm but this just feels like something an edgy kid would right.
>>
>Has the universes most powerful weapon and defense item
>can't use it for shit, gets hurt by shit a building level fighter would tank
>instead of just acknowledging he sucks using the universes strongest weapon, he lashes out at the man who is pointing out how ridiculous that is
>Batman has to put up with knowing someone with a weapon that can level stars can't even consistently use it to make sure he doesn't get shot

I'd demand he quits being a lantern. He obviously sucks at his job and in his ability to control the ring
>>
>>89928297
>where he's actually crazy

Oh look THIS meme again...
>>
>>89929302
Seems like what would be a pretty basic scenario for a green lantern whose thing is having a gun or other side arm

>Ring stops/isn't working
>Use other weapon
>>
>>89926670
>all sorts of scary devices
>such as a grappling hook and bat shark repellent
No, that's retarded
>>
>>89929229

I'm not sure what youre trying to say.... but my only point really was that Baz having a projectile based pistol in space seems fairly retarded. If he's gonna have a sidearm at least make it something that fits.
>>
>>89928220

Edgy as fuck post, bro!
>>
>>89929309
>>Batman has to put up with knowing someone with a weapon that can level stars can't even consistently use it to make sure he doesn't get shot
Are you implying that ANY of the Green Lanterns actually use their ring to the best of its ability?
>>
File: bang.jpg (26KB, 482x353px) Image search: [Google]
bang.jpg
26KB, 482x353px
>>89926670
>scary devices

huh...the Muslim gang banger is scared of scientific crime investigation equipment

wonder why....
>>
>>89928172
I get the feeling you're trying to imply that is jism, but I don't understand how or why you think that's funny.

Is there a joke I'm not getting?
>>
File: GL2-Sinestro-540x666[1].jpg (121KB, 540x666px) Image search: [Google]
GL2-Sinestro-540x666[1].jpg
121KB, 540x666px
>>89929302

The ring was a double merged with the original and didn't work properly all the time. It malfunctioned and gave Baz a legitimate reason to carry the gun and taught him a lesson about relying on the ring too much. That has been an issue with a lot of lanterns.

It makes sense in the story but I understand why it looks dumb if not having read it.

It even ties into the start of the New 52 run.
>>
>>89928546
Nah...I posted this because of Batman playing the MY PARENTS ARE DEAD card...AGAIN. I broke out laughing when I saw that page and had to post it.
>>
>>89929584
That's right, Sinestro was a GL again. Why did that stop?
>>
File: GL_Ep8_02.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GL_Ep8_02.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>89929393

Well yeah but that's my point. His thing shouldn't be HAS GUN. That's not a character hook.

A hero loosing their powers should be an exciting way to seem them vulnerable and to think on their feet. See them come up with plans and use their head.

There was a great episode of the animated series where Hal, Kilowog and Razer lost their powers and couldn't even so much as communicate without their translators, so they had to find a way to win in the end without their power. It was exciting it was clever and it was fun. Justice League Action had Superman powerless while running from Steppenwulf so he had to set traps and use other skills he had to beat him.

His thing being HAS GUN means that too many stories will be Dependant on him losing his ring for that to be useful. And this is just, well it's lame. It means he's only going to be powerless if he's in a situation where his gun is useful which is very limiting. It feels like something a Junior High school kid would think is cool as he listens to gangster rap.
>>
>>89928639
his ring was a malfunctioning piece of shit for a while

try actually reading about Simon before commenting on him
>>
>>89929457
Kyle used to, every now and then.
>>
File: 1290417134580.jpg (41KB, 312x307px) Image search: [Google]
1290417134580.jpg
41KB, 312x307px
>>89928179
It's not like there isn't a precedent. Jack T. Chance carried guns around with him to get around the lethal force limit, Hannu just punches everything in sight because "MUH STRENGTH". Abin Sur regularly road around in space ships because he was afraid his ring was gonna fail him. There was a wizard who used a ring as a weapon in an arsenal rather than his main go-to.

>>89928227
>Talking shit about the crab mask

I fucking wish they'd go back to that outfit. His white lantern costume is so damn boring.
>>
>>89929646

Because he upgraded to Parallax.

My only issue with all that was why Johns felt the need to do an epilogue showing the future to characters that will continue having comics done of them long after we're all dead.
>>
>>89929457
oh look, it's a Batgodfag implying he'd be so much more efficient with a ring, yawn
>>
>>89928760
What the fuck is a gun in space going to do

A laser pistol maybe
But a regular gun?
>>
>>89929774
For closure, I liked the epilogue except for Guy since he was shown to be old and alone
>>
>>89929824

THAT... is what I'm saying.

If a gun is so intergral to his character at least give him a sidearm that makes fuckin sense.
>>
>>89929824
Baz and Jess have been strictly Earth-based for the time being which is good. God knows we needed some Terran shenanigans after all the EVERYONE DIES SPACE EVENTS that Johns got into everyones heads.
>>
>>89929824
if his ring actually fails in space he needs to worry about being able to fucking breathe more than shooting something
>>
>>89929824
GLs spend plenty of time on planets with atmospheres.
>>
>>89929824

What the fuck is it going to do against a giant robot or an invading space armada? Mongol ain't gonna be put out by a glock.

It being a rapper gun is just retarded when you realize what kind of shit GL's typically deal with. It's just ghetto and I don't mean that in the character trait kind of way. It's just punk shit
>>
>>89929890
Don't their rings switch to life support system for a bit before shutting down completely

It just won't work but they still have enough juice for their barriers to recharge. Or they can force it to do something but then it is out until they recharge
>>
>>89929824
>one of the most down to earth lanterns
>who is stationed on earth
>finding a ray gun and using it

He's already shown to not trust things he doesn't entirely understand. A normal gun is something he knows how to use and he probably knows it inside and out.

Now if you were to offer him a gun that shot cars and trucks...
>>
>>89929824
Baz is earth based because in the Red Lantern run they became the sole protector of 2814 tho he was in Lost army and suddenly he wasnt ?
>>
>>89929863
>God knows we needed some Terran shenanigans

there's no shortage of earth based super heroes. GL's whole concept is a galactic protector too much Earth focus is boring. It's what killed the movie.
>>
>>89929957

Atrocitus kind of fucked everything up after Guy left.
>>
>>89929957
I think they're just ignoring those two minis (besides them being gone and most of the Corps dying).
>>
File: Green Lanterns in their off-time.jpg (911KB, 1024x1502px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lanterns in their off-time.jpg
911KB, 1024x1502px
>>89929939
They used to have 'reserve charges' which basically gave them enough juice to for flight/barriers.

>>89929960
Which is what Hal Jordan and the GL Corps is for even if it's going to stick with EMOTION FIGHTS again. The time just prior to the Crisis and Post-Crisis with the 8 GLs all living together on Earth is a great time and I'm glad at least one book is going back to that and bringing back classics such as Polaris that have been forgotten in time.
>>
>>89929573
>he doesn't think cumming on graves is funny
What are you fucking gay?
>>
>>89929919

What the would a laser gun do against a giant robot? Probably fuck all, same with any other slugthrower that isn't some handgun-sized railgun.

Also

>Glock
>ghetto
>rapper gun

Overpriced and overhyped, sure, but you lost me there.
>>
>baby bitch crying he can't use a gun while having one of the more powerful and versatile weapons in the universe
>>
>>89929774
for closure on his run, I guess, since so many people consider it definitive GL now

also to give us something better to think about while we have to endure Venditti era GL
>>
File: robinjubilee9[2].jpg (206KB, 762x561px) Image search: [Google]
robinjubilee9[2].jpg
206KB, 762x561px
>>89926670
Honestly Batman can get raped. Owning a gun is a basic human right.
>>
>>89929824
Contrary to what you might think, not everything from space is Superman level strong or whatever. There's a lot of stuff in space that can be killed by a regular earth gun. In fact I'd say a regular earth gun would probably be pretty reliable. Nothing in it to hack and there's less technobabble that can stop the chemical reaction that propels the bullet from happening.
>>
>>89928194
No, he is not, he didn't even cared dick used one as a cop
>>
>>89930299

American much?
>>
>>89930299
>owning a gun is a basic human right
But thats wrong.
Owning the means as well as having the right to defend oneself is a basic human right. That being a gun is not a right itself, its just the easiest and move effective means of defending oneself.
>>
>>89930363
You just live in a country run by human rights abusers

>>89930373
Read the constitution. Guns and warships are basic human rights.
>>
>>89930351
To be fair I don't think Dick would ever actually shoot someone
>>
>>89930432
Please. Even Bruce was about to shoot someone in Beyond
>>
>>89929093
He doesn't. This is pure bad writing and Baz using a gun he stole from someone is retarded when he has access to Ray guns and space shot to back up his ring. It's bad writing, Gordon is there, batman has no problem with normal, low skilled people using guns. He believes people with high level of skill or superpowered guys using guns is stupid tho. And he is right. Superman carrying pepper spray in case Luthor uses kryptonite is a dumb idea.
>>
File: 1412163130261.jpg (275KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
1412163130261.jpg
275KB, 1000x1537px
>>89930351

Anon. Cops use guns. It's not like Batman went about and took all the guns from police officers. Besides, Dick hates guns as much as Batman.
>>
>>89930169
You probably laughed at Sausage Party.
>>
>>89929457
Kyle
>>
>>89930482
>He believes people with high level of skill or superpowered guys using guns is stupid tho.

A lot of world champ boxers, UFC fighters, etc still use guns for home defense.

>Superman carrying pepper spray in case Luthor uses kryptonite is a dumb idea.

I don't know. I don't think Lex would ever expect that. I've been pepper sprayed so I think that'd give him enough time to get away from the kryptonite.
>>
>>89930482
>Superman carrying pepper spray in case Luthor uses kryptonite is a dumb idea.
>Superman is depowered
>Luthor is gloating over him
>Superman busts out the pepper spray and proceeds to beat Luthor's ass

Yeah, nah, go fuck yourself, backup weapons are useful.
>>
Simon's mask is shit.
>>
>>89930585
>A lot of world champ boxers, UFC fighters, etc still use guns for home defense.
Did you really just compared fucking fists and legs to actual super-powers?
>>
The problem with Kryptonite is that its effects on Superman vary per story

Sometimes it is enough to cripple him. Other times he can endure it enough to land a finishing blow
>>
>>89929774
Parral as hasn't been an upgrade for almost one decade
>>
File: 1465170262428s.jpg (2KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
1465170262428s.jpg
2KB, 109x125px
>>89926670
>it's a 'Batman autistically yells about guns' episode
>>
>>89928590

And he fights space aliens, what good is a gun gonna fucking do against a space ship or an alien monster?
>>
>>89930463
>cartoons
>>
>>89928742
Why was Kickass fighting Sinestro?
>>
>>89930748
They don't all have skin of steel
>>
>>89930748

What good is a malfunctioning ring going to do against a space ship or monster?
>>
>>89928211
The real-life answer is de-escalation and negotiation.

If you're at a point where armed men are in a position to be in a firefight with a police those men have already lost and all escalation will do will get bystanders killed
>>
>>89930585
And that people, just like soldiers are not considered highly skilled in the DC universe, a gun is a shitty gimmick.
>>
>>89928179
If Stewart had had a gun he might have been able to shoot apart that yellow bomb that blew up that planet he was supposed to save.

Actually, it'd be fairly smart for basically any hero that can conceivably be depowered/have their power negated to just carry an emergency pistol.
>>
>>89930805

Negotiation and deescalation is more effective when two sides are more or less in an equal bargaining position. Some angry asshole with a weapon will be less likely to give in to someone that doesn't have one simply because they're in a superior position.
>>
>>89930579
It does look mre like cum than snow though.
>>
>>89930892
>If Stewart had had a gun he might have been able to shoot apart that yellow bomb that blew up that planet he was supposed to save.
That was so fucking dumb.
>>
>>89930607
And that's not the problem, the problem is that a stolen handgun is a shitty idea for a backup. Give superman a pill of lead nanobots that would give him 30 seconds of protection against kryptonite, give Baz a manhunter stick, it makes sense given the story between manhunters and gl, but a gun, specially a poorly kept gun is as likely to fail as his shitty ring. If a gun were useful in the DC universe the cops could face deathstroke or shiva without the help of superheroes.
>>
It's not so much that Batman has a personal problem with guns and killing.

It's that he expects everyone else to live by his moral code and will antagonize them for not living up to HIS standards. Then, being Batman, it will be made clear that he is 100% in the right and people will defer to him without much hassle.
>>
>>89930995
>If a gun were useful in the DC universe the cops could face deathstroke or shiva without the help of superheroes.
Isn't literally the second best guy in the exact line of work as deathstroke a professional marksman?
>>
>>89930931
>they're in a superior position
lol wat

"The Police" is not one person or a few guys. It's the fucking state. If a man or group of men are holed up in a building with the martial resources of the state against them they'd basically need a nuke to be in an advantageous position.
>>
>>89931038
He's not so much a professional marksman as he is Golgo 13.

He's not a sharpshooter, he's a projectile magician.
>>
>>89931025
No one is doing that, is bad writing, batman isn't against guns, he is against superheroes being idiots. And Baz is a huge retard.
>>
>>89930003
I still dont get what was happening , I thought there was gonna be a big reveal on why they were beyond the source wall Hypercrisis debunked? and how come Lyssa knew that was gonna happen.
>>
>>89930995
>Give superman a pill of lead nanobots that would give him 30 seconds of protection against kryptonite

Or just have Superman wear a suit of lead armor all the time, there, kryptonite problem solved forever.

>give Baz a manhunter stick

If he stumbled upon one, sure. By that token, give every god damned GL one.

>If a gun were useful in the DC universe the cops could face deathstroke or shiva without the help of superheroes.

It's called plot contrivances and PIS, guys that dress up in skintight suits using kung fu and shurikens present a bigger threat than a squad of trained soldiers with automatic weapons. It works in comics because comics are fiction and only the named characters can do anything worth a rat's dick.
>>
>>89928386
Jessica staying as power ring would make /co/ waifu her even more because not only will she still be her cute self but Volthoom constantly abusing her would endear them more towards her.
>>
>>89931038
And the point is:in the DC universe guns can't kill or protect you from villians that don't have bulletproof skin. That's why Baz gimmick is shit. It was just Johns lack of imagination.
>>
>>89931194
You need to read batman/superman K.
>>
>>89930805
>this is what faggot europeans actually believe
>>
>>89931230

The only problem is that it hasn't been used prominently since "killing" Sinestro. If anything it's a safety net or insurance that hasn't been necessary that much. But that's the point of a safety net and insurance.
>>
File: 1373236934268.jpg (58KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1373236934268.jpg
58KB, 499x499px
someone should write a story about batman being shot by some rando civilian while chasing down a villain/breaking into a home
>>
>>89930325
But would a gun even function in space?
>>
>>89931194
In other words, handguns are retarded
>>
>>89931192
I don't mind it since my waifu Arisia is alive now, even though she hasn't done anything.
>>
>>89931332
Not a normal one or the one Baz has.
>>
File: batman-dead-1b.jpg (154KB, 869x1011px) Image search: [Google]
batman-dead-1b.jpg
154KB, 869x1011px
>>89931230
>And the point is:in the DC universe guns can't kill or protect you from villians that don't have bulletproof skin.
>>
>>89926670
They both have a point. Also Bats hasn't given Simon shit in the past about packing heat, this time though Simon is in Gotham on Batman's invitation
>>
literally every superhero should have a gun or other weapon as backup, it just makes sense
>>
File: Alexdeath.png (374KB, 449x339px) Image search: [Google]
Alexdeath.png
374KB, 449x339px
>>89931230
>And the point is:in the DC universe guns can't kill or protect you from villains that don't have bulletproof skin.
>>
Batman's parents would still be alive if they had a gun
>>
>>89931230
>And the point is:in the DC universe guns can't kill or protect you from villians that don't have bulletproof skin. That's why Baz gimmick is shit. It was just Johns lack of imagination.
Didn't Harley literally just kill one of the Jokers with a gun?
>>
>>89931407
>>89931501
That's pretty bad examples which hasn't disaprove point of that anon in any way.
>>
>>89931533
Yeah, but that timeline was awful
>>
>>89931558
Was a gun not used in those panels?
>>
>>89931558
How in the fuck are those bad examples?
>>
File: Joker_death.png (131KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Joker_death.png
131KB, 444x250px
>>89931230
AU and speargun, but still
>>
>>89931271
>point out how something could be solved easily with a simple solution if it weren't for plot contrivances
>'lol read moar'

Nice.

>>89931063
>"The Police" is not one person or a few guys. It's the fucking state. If a man or group of men are holed up in a building with the martial resources of the state against them they'd basically need a nuke to be in an advantageous position.

What the fuck are you talking about? A guy with a gun to a hostage's head is already in a good bargaining position with the authorities that have him surrounded 50 to 1, because it's the fucking job for the police to protect bystanders and ensure their safety in spite of their hard-on to kill some scumbag.

You don't negotiate with just words, you make sure you back that shit up and show the other side that you mean business, idiot.
>>
>>89926670
I wonder how Batman would react to some random dude with a CCW killing the Joker.
>>
>>89931583
One isn't a normal gun, as for Alexander, I'm pretty sure you know he wasn't shot into the ground, he was defeated by a trick and by a non conventional weapon.
>>
>>89931339

People in tights taking out heavily armed criminals with kung fu is more retarded, but it's accepted, why not accept something mundane like a fucking handgun?
>>
>>89931720
Impossible. Joker has as much plot armor as Batman.
>>
>>89931706
He was pointing that superman has an anti K suit already.
>>
>>89931581
>>89931583
In Batman's case it's gun with fucking god-killer bullet and it hasn't protected him or killed Darkseid anyway. He was still alive after that.
And Alexandr would be dead anyway. It could be sword or even goddamn baseball bat instead of gun and it wouldn't change his fate.
>>
>>89926670
Batman also has no problem with guided missiles. But guns, those are a nono
>>
>>89931720
Stupidly and with passive aggressive commentary from Alfred

>>89931737
>One isn't a normal gun,
How in the fuck does that matter? How does that at all relate to this discussion?
>as for Alexander, I'm pretty sure you know he wasn't shot into the ground, he was defeated by a trick and by a non conventional weapon.
followed by being shot in the head by the Joker. Hence the gunshot and laughter.
>>
>>89931331
>Batman shot by good samaritan
>A whole comic about Batman getting shot because he scared licened gun carriers.
>>
>>89931720
The joker has died several times. Batman would react by preparing for his comeback, and trying to stop the war for the power vacuum in Gotham. And something worse than the joker would appear.
>>
>>89926670
I hate comics
>>
>>89931752
Guns are boring for a superpowered character, don't you remember spawn?
>>
>>89926670
>Batman has a problem with people carrying guns
>Lives in a country where the vast majority of states allow concealed or open carry of a handgun for self defense
Maybe he should just move to Europe if he's that autistic about it
>>
>>89931788
>In Batman's case it's gun with fucking god-killer bullet and it hasn't protected him or killed Darkseid anyway.
Darkseid was mortally wounded by the shot though
>>
File: tumblr_m8ptii1sc71qg462ao6_250.gif (374KB, 245x142px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8ptii1sc71qg462ao6_250.gif
374KB, 245x142px
>>89930485
>Grew up with guns around
>No trigger discipline
>>
>>89931872
>Maybe he should just move to Europe if he's that autistic about it
He can't. All those anti-hijab laws also apply to cowls.
>>
>>89931820
How would Batman react to getting shot by an innocent civilian who was in fear of his life because some big guy in tights came running down a dark ally artistically screeching something about his dead parents (after he'd recovered from being shot of course).
>>
>>89931776
>He was pointing that superman has an anti K suit already.

The point was that since lead protects against Superman's most significant weakness, he should wear it all the time and completely remove the threat entirely. I made that suggestion because people keep bitching about Baz's decision to carry a slugthrower is a stupid decision, and if that's the case, all characters should just use the most effective thing ever because why the fuck not?
>>
>>89931872
He doesn't have a problem with people carrying guns. He never had, he is into tighter regulation given that he loves in New Jersey where 70% of the population is insane
>>
>>89932021
>all characters should just use the most effective thing ever because why the fuck not?
If comics didn't have to be ongoing stories where status quo is god, with an industrial standard necessitating bullshit like jobbing, they would.

That bad writing is commonplace does not mean it is not bad writing.
>>
File: 1460257361343.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1460257361343.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>89931988
If it was Geoff Johns Batman he'd just hand him a wad of money and mumble "I-I'm s-s-s-sorry"
>>
>>89930432
Dick shot people in Grayson. He was a drama queen about it, but he fired his gun at people
>>
>>89932021
Superman with a lead suit can't absorb as much sunlight, that means after every time he uses heat vision he would get weaker and weaker, it's like asking why batman isn't in full mecha or using the hellbat suit all the time, or why spectre doesn't just fix everything all the time
>>
>>89932124
Okay, but how can both multiple flashes and crime exist on the same planet?
>>
>>89931853

I do, and I never had any sort of issue with a superpowered being like Spawn using guns because he had a background of using guns. That and guns showed that they could still fuck things up rather than being shunned for some inane reason.

>>89931947

Can't fix retardation.
>>
>>89932120

Yep. He also tortured a few people which disturbed other characters like Starfire.
>>
I have to wonder if anyone was this autistic when Hal and Ollie went on space adventures together.
>>
>>89931823
you meant bringing the Joker back with Lazarus again.
>>
>>89932069
>If comics didn't have to be ongoing stories where status quo is god, with an industrial standard necessitating bullshit like jobbing, they would.
>That bad writing is commonplace does not mean it is not bad writing.

Maintaining the status quo is what encourages bad writing simply because contrivances must be made, characters must act retarded, and plot holes must exist. Since this retardation is a given, all this means that Baz carrying a gun would just be accepted and people will move on.

>>89932124

If Superman is using his powers to such an extent that he's gassed and can't absorb enough sunlight to make up for it, that implies there's more to worry about than kryptonite protection.
>>
File: glpredator14.jpg (29KB, 432x148px) Image search: [Google]
glpredator14.jpg
29KB, 432x148px
He's just following in Hal's footsteps.
>>
>>89928386
I'm all for Baz double ringing Blue and Green.
>>
>>89928179
>This is the dumbest thing ever

>It keeps coming in handy since his ring runs out of power a lot, or stops working. Ring is actually pretty damn unreliable
>Gun has saved his life a dozen times
>Other green lanterns should have done shit like this before, since they've also run into similar situations of being depowered

>B-BUT ITS STILL SO STUPID, GUN HAS NO PLACE IN COMIC

Even in the comic itself he refers back to three or four times having the gun has helped.
>>
>Was expecting this to be some sob story about how being Muslim is so hard and batman has white privilege
>Instead he makes a good point

This is why DC is beating marvel despite both having the SJW shit
>>
>>89930805
>The real-life answer is de-escalation and negotiation.
>real-life answer
PFFFHAHAHAHA
You do realize people aren't rational when they're backed in a corner, right? Especially when it's due to a stupid criminal gamble? And who fucking cares about the fate of the armed criminal weighted against those of bystanders?
What are you, European?
If they want to talk, fine, but that's not usually the case, usually it ends in a car chase, suicide, and/or a last stand. Negotiation doesn't come up every time like in the movies, shocking I know.
Not your fault for not knowing, they probably don't happen much in your snowy euro village.
>>
>>89931332
Some can.
>>
The comic even points out the issue of Baz feeling insecure about himself, he thinks the ring and the gun aren't enough and is tempted by the phantom ring.
>>
>>89926670
grenades, explosives, ninja stars and every form of vehicular manslaugther are a-ok but MUH GUNS MUH PARENTS NOOOOO
>>
If he was a regular cop and not a space cop no one would give a shit.
>>
>>89933589
>>89931297
ah good old americucks who can't think past muh guns
>>
>>89929701
his thing in the comics with his constructs at least is vehicles.
>>
>>89934078
I'm going to go into town a buy a gun now. Just because the ability to do so is enshrined in the founding document of my country
How does that make you feel, europoor?
>>
>>89929701
Why not? It actually works considering how anti-gun most of the other heroes are. And it sends a message about lethal resistance. It could be any weapon but this one just happens to have the most visceral reaction.

The gun itself just happens to be a symbol of the character's decision to take the easy road to kill an enemy.
>>
File: Hannu PAUNCH.jpg (32KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
Hannu PAUNCH.jpg
32KB, 400x305px
>This fucking thread
I think it would be amusing if we got more "The ring is just my badge" lanterns that used other shit to get stuff done. But I doubt any of the current writers in DC could do a good job of presenting low power, high wits cosmic adventures.
>>
>>89934601
Not to mention there's a possibility there are a lot of lanterns that have powers or skills that exceed their rings.
>>
>>89934210

Europeans can buy guns too you weirdo. Switzerland has one of the highest percentage of gun owners in the world.

Why are Americans so fucking stupid?
>>
>>89934601

Agreed. I'd actually really enjoy a Green Lantern book where the Green Lantern in question hardly ever uses their ring; so that when they do it's like a really cool and big moment.
>>
File: 123431241324.jpg (106KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
123431241324.jpg
106KB, 500x628px
>>89932041
>he is into tighter regulation
SHALL
>>
>>89931332
Well mythbusters got one to fire in a vacuum.
>>
>>89932041
>he is into tighter regulation
So he's an idiot, then
>>
>>89931332
Yes, cartridges have a self contained oxidizer that would easily allow a gun to be fired in space.

The biggest problem with using a gun in space is that heat doesn't disperse very quickly and the ejecting brass can only do so much to act as a heat sink, meaning guns would get very hot very fast and stay very hot for a long time.
>>
>>89935096
>Why are Americans so fucking stupid?
American propaganda states that it is impossible to purchase a firearm in europe and australia and that is why they have nearly no crime and no mass killings ever.

Americans believe this, because, well... It's the news, why would the news lie?
>>
>>89932824
Wasn't there a moment in Johns' GL where someone was dual wielding rings? I want to say it was while Krona was fucking up Oa.
>>
>>89935238
Or he is rational.
>>
>>89935349
More like propaganda about murrika being the only free country. The reason Europe has no mass killers that aren't politically motivated is mental heath isn't a commodity
>>
>>89935268
How would the recoil work in a zero G environment?
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 629x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 629x1024px
>>guns are useless in te dc univers-
>>
>>89935448
Or the people who write him have no idea what actually happens when you purchase a gun, and I'm assuming you don't either you limp-dicked faggot libshit piece of garbage
>>
>>89935573
You mean the weapon cycling or the user's wrist? Because as far as I can work out it'd be exactly the same
>>
>>89935573
Assuming you were just floating and weren't braced against anything it would cause you to start floating back slightly, most guns don't recoil hard enough to send you flying through space.
>>
>>89935408
Yeah, Guy had a red and a star sapphire ring on at the same time

Hal had a blue and green ring on simultaneously for a while too although they interfered with each other
>>
File: 1470780293549.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470780293549.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>89935574
>Shotgun
>Ejecting pistol casings
>Casing that open on both sides
Is there a single comic that won't trigger my /k/ autism
>>
>>89935654
>Is there a single comic that won't trigger my /k/ autism

Nope, because superheroes and their writers don't like the concept of industrialized weaponry, as they shouldn't.
>>
>>89934161
Plus he's a hothead
>>
>>89935096
Aren't the Swiss required to keep a gun by law?
>>
File: P1080869.jpg (854KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
P1080869.jpg
854KB, 2000x1500px
>>89935971
No, they can choose to keep their service rifle after their conscription but it's not a legal requirement, which is how so many unrefurbished, straight from the armoury, nametag of the soldier under the buttplate K31's get into the country.
>>
>>89936009
That's pretty neat to know, thanks.
>>
>>89928742
I think that's an excellent idea.
>>
>>89928194
I don't see why he would. I think Batman would understand that Police officers aren't as highly trained and disciplined as him and thus, firearms would be a necessity in combat situations. He can't expect everyone to be on his level.
>>
>>89930299
> I want to bite him
>>
>>89933459
oh i didn't know his ring was so janky.
>>
File: medallas.jpg (72KB, 420x399px) Image search: [Google]
medallas.jpg
72KB, 420x399px
>>89935589
I own guns, I hunt in Patagonia since I'm 8, I'm not American you faggot. The regulation in America is a joke. Not everyone who thinks America is retarded is a liberal.
>>
>>89936366
And he does, he doesn't mind the police, and he himself thought of joining the fbi at some point when he was a teen.
>>
>>89936551
>faggot south american nigger thinks he's not on the same level as a libshit
Shall not be infringed, you cocksucking commie fuckstain
>>
File: 12431241324.png (263KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
12431241324.png
263KB, 800x792px
>>>/k/32996104
Alright, which one of you faggots was it?
>>
File: Policenauts.webm (3MB, 720x464px) Image search: [Google]
Policenauts.webm
3MB, 720x464px
>>89935609
>>89935618
Policenauts lied to me.

KOJIMA!!!
>>
>>89936618
You are nothing more than a butthurt Cuckservative willing to die for Israel, no country with so many Blacks and Mexicans should have lax gun laws. I don't understand why you bring commies, but it's funny, China and Cuba have lower murder rates than murrika.
>>
>>89935589

>Or the people who write him have no idea what actually happens when you purchase a gun

a whole lot of nothing that's what.

its easier for me to buy a gun then it is to get a prescription for my schizo pills in my state.

when its easier to kill myself than it is to stay healthy, there's a fucking problem that needs fixing.
>>
>>89936674
Gun recoil is probably one of the most exaggerating things there is in fiction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T3qjpZB6ME
>>
>>89936981
>this is what libshits actually believe
>>
>>89936981
>I'm going to blatantly lie to prove a non-existent point
If you've been diagnosed with Schizophrenia, or any mental disorder that you've been prescribed medication for, it is impossible to obtain a firearm because contrary to popular belief there already are background checks.
>>
>>89937073

not true at all. background checks only cover criminal history or if you've been institutionalized.

also the fact that you've never bought a gun off of Craigslist shows me how out of touch you are with the incompetence of gun laws these days.
>>
>>89937194
Ah yes, the good old "b-but, muh private sales"

Nigga, I'm Canadian, I had to jump through a ton of bullshit loops to get muh guns and now the government considers me worse than a pedophile because of it, I could easily take one of my rifles and sell it in some back alley to a crackhead for a $100 and the government would never fucking know. The regulation does absolutely fucking nothing.
>>
>>89937194
You're right, we should install government listening devices in every home to ensure that no person can take their own property and agree to a private transaction with another person
Liberalism really is a mental disorder
>>
>>89937194
Selling your private property is a right in the US. Such guns are sold at a loss by the owner for various reasons, oftentimes because the owner no longer wants them, but are not a business nor endemic. It can also lead to investigations on grounds of strawman purchases and such.

Because, guess what? Selling a gun to someone who can't pass a background check is already illegal.
>>
>>89936981
>>89937194
>I have no idea what I'm talking about but I read a huffington post article so now I'm an expert
What's it like being retarded?
>>
File: 1457983104512.gif (743KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457983104512.gif
743KB, 853x480px
>>89928742
>Muslim
>Uses a truck construct (several times)
>>
>>89928504
I just assume Lanterns are supposed to have brass balls and get the job done regardless of whether their rings works or not.

I mean, Hal didn't need a gun to jump out of an exploding fighter jet then put a Manhunter in a headlock to rip the energy out of it's face when his ring ran out of power.
>>
>>89937564
It's part of his origin: he stole a truck but it was actually holding a bomb, he drove it away to a safe place and it blew up, then he was accused of being behind the bomb and arrested. It's a weird origin, and that's not even getting into clusterfuck that was the GL plot at the time.
>>
>>89935349
What fucking news says that? All I can think of is crackpot journalism and msnbc. But since msnbc and fox are effectively crackpot journalism who cares
>>
>>89926670

Well Batman is insane, and at least DC isn't SJW, also it almost reads as a joke.

Also if my dads were ran over by a truck i would hate trucks for the rest of my life, but compacts and mini vans are a-OK
>>
Are they trying to insinuate that Bruce is racist?
>>
>>89928297
>Batman's character where he's actually crazy

it's up there with "gotham is cursed" as a lazy way to maintain status quo
>>
>>89930351

I do seem to recall when Dick first mentioned his intention to become a police officer, Batman did disapprovingly make some grumbled comment like "You'll have to wear a gun." Dick kind of waved that concern off, saying it would be fine.

I'd say he was unhappy about it, but was realistic enough not to make it an issue.
>>
>>89929457
>>
Gentle reminder that Abin Sur had his own space ship.
>>
>>89928578
>since the rings run out of power
And guns run out of bullets. The difference being the rings are infinitely more powerful than a handgun and can last a hell of a lot longer. It's like using a rifle as your main weapon and bringing a fork as a back up weapon.
>>
File: 1347506005604.jpg (169KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
1347506005604.jpg
169KB, 900x582px
>>
>>89926670
GL writers really should be forbidden from writing Batman.

Also this is stupid but I can't expect much from GL fans anyway.

>work with them fine in the Justice League
>oh yeah we are in Gotham now, so I guess I'll complain

These writers are a joke.
>>
also the gun is not registered but I guess it's ok when the Green Fascists don't respect the laws of a planet
>>
>>89928386

Well, yeah. I see a Muslim man with a handgun, coming at me in a bank-robber mask? That's great fear right there, even before he shouts 'Allah akbar'.
>>
>>89939363
That's going to be his death scene they are saving up for. Some cop gets spooked or something and shoots him.
>>
>>89939351
>Needing to register
What kind of communist shithole state do you live in?
>>
>>89932824
That's OP as shit though, a blue at full power contantly in the presence of a green, which is in turn constantly turbocharged by the blue?
>>
>>89939382
that's how the discussion started in the comic
Gordon was asking if the gun was registered
then somehow Batman got worked up even tho it isn't the first time hew works with Baz because GL fans need to have GL argue with Batman
>>
>>89933580
DC has always had "real" diversity, they have a bunch of characters from different backgrounds because that's actually interesting and varied, it's not about soapbox bullshit.
>>
>>89938988
People always forget that. I think they are setting him up for the same fall.
>>
>>89939136
This picture is fantastic and encapsulates why the handgun is such a dumb back up weapon.
>>
>>89939433
Not Kyle fans, that bullshit started with Johns, a dumb fanboy that didn't catch up that jli was a comedy
>>
>>89939453
There's nothing diverse about Jessica or Baz tho. They are American... Baz could actually had been from the middle east and Jessica could had been from Colombia or something, they are both Americans from big cities, the only diversity in their characters is that both need a shade of brown to be colored.
>>
>>89926670
So where would I start if I wanted to get into current Green Lantern? I want to see what Kyle Rayner is up to these days and I skipped out on the entire New 52; last GL thing I read was when Hal returned and Parallax was retconned into being an ass parasite. Can I just jump in with Rebirth?
>>
>>89939035
You're not getting it are you.
It's a back up weapon, not a main weapon. As in if your primary method of attack doesn't work you're not rendered completely useless.
>>
>>89941534
then make it an alien pistol
not a normal gun

>yeah I am sure the strongest weapon in the universe didn't arm my enemy but this gun surely will because it was made in the U. S. A.
>>
>>89941534
And as everyone already pointed out, the problem isn't that he uses a back up weapon, is that said back up weapon is a terrible dumb and boring choice.
>>
File: 1485376523719.jpg (103KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1485376523719.jpg
103KB, 500x667px
>>89926670
>it's a c-lister tells Batman off episode
God, it so cringy when writers do this.
>>
>>89926670
How many different designs for the Wayne family tombstones are there?
>>
>>89941656
shut the fuck up Based Humphries is a genius!
>>
How has Batman beat that many people up without killing any of them
>>
>>89941693
he trained for 10 years with martial artists to learn how to hit people without killing

do you even comics
>>
File: NO don't shoot my husband!.jpg (145KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
NO don't shoot my husband!.jpg
145KB, 800x650px
Oh fuck off Batman you piece of shit. I just can't fucking believe what they've done to Batman these days. What an absolute bitch of a faggot he is.
>>
>>89935096
Romanians can't. But seeing as 90% of the population are gypsies, they'd either not be able to afford them or steal them and take them apart for scrap metal.
>>
>>89930485
That lack of trigger discipline is triggering me.
>>
File: SHUT THE FUCK UP BRUCE.jpg (762KB, 1280x2017px) Image search: [Google]
SHUT THE FUCK UP BRUCE.jpg
762KB, 1280x2017px
>>89941656
That's because even C-listers know Batman is a cunt. Batman should not be allowed to have opinions on some subjects.
>>
>>89941763
as if Wally is anyone to talk
>>
>>89941814
Is Wally lecturing anyone about letting children using their gifts for what is right?
>>
>>89941763
Batman's in the right here though.
>>
>>89941891
how's the family now?
>>
>>89941899
Does this Batman still have a robin?
>>
>>89941763
This is dumb because we all know the reason Batman has a Robin is because people want it, if they had to follow Batman's character he wouldn't have one so having a scene like this is just to have Batman being told off.
>>
>>89941965
Your logic is retarded.
>>
>>89942031
Why? If you are able to express yourself.
>>
>>89941656
>GL
>C lister
>>
>>89942108
>GL outside of Hal
>not a C-lister
>>
>>89942108
>Baz more then a C-lister
Just being Green doesn't make you B or better, else, Rot Lop Han would be a B(not that I'd mind that)
>>
>>89928957
I mean, Abin Sur got himself a spaceship just in case his ring lost power while he was in space, and that seemed to do exactly jackshit.
>>
>>89941965
The hell do you mean "if they followed Batman they wouldn't have one"

>>89942143
When you join the JL you at least B, and when you have your own ongoing comic you're possibly A.
>>
>>89942356
Batman's characterization

unless you think that a paranoid control freak would ever actually allow a kid or uncontrollable teenager to be a superhero or work with him
>>
File: 1462572942684.png (302KB, 924x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462572942684.png
302KB, 924x720px
>>89936551

>argiefag that collects nazi shit
>>
>>89928386
Yeah, his true calling is as a ...
A fearist! No, a...
Phobiaist?
Horrorist?
I'm sure we'll find the right word for someone who inspires terror
>>
>>89928211
Call Batman
>>
>>89930485

>No smallvile graduates in the sky

Heh.
>>
>>89941656
Funny enough in today's issue he admits Batman was right and that the reason he still had the gun was that he was afraid, not just of the ring failing but rather him not being good enough since the ring is dependent on him.

He then gives the gun to Gordon.
>>
>>89942377
So you're saying that because it doesn't sound 100% logical it suddenly isn't part of his characterization?

I can't explain how The Ten Eyed Man is able to visibly see through the eye tattoos on his fingers, but that doesn't stop being part of his character.
>>
>>89933589
>If they want to talk, fine, but that's not usually the case, usually it ends in a car chase, suicide, and/or a last stand
Sorry, anon, life isn't a movie. I know you see lots of car chases on the fox news but in reality de-escalation is by far the most effective and safest way to end an organized threat.
>>
>>89930748
It's gonna bust a cap in Sinestro's ass when he tries to start shit.
>>
>>89930977
It was apparently supposed to be Guy which still makes it dumb but far more in character.
>>
>>89929791
Technically he might be. The problem is that since Batman never lets go of his fear he'd be far weaker than normal GLs and highly susceptible to villains in yellow costumes.
>>
>>89929543
They are all bat shaped for the sake of causing fear. (and bats were considered satanic/demonic until batman became so mainstream we don't fear bats like that anymore) they literally are designed to be scary devices from the ground up.
>>
>>89938852
Good ol' Poochie Rayner.

The 90s were a horrible time.
>>
>>89941383
>This picture is fantastic and encapsulates why the handgun is such a dumb back up weapon.
No it doesn't. Kyle and Guy aren't using backup weapons, they're using the ring. The whole point of the gun is that it doesn't rely on the ring. The image is comical but makes no effective statement about the gun one way or another.
>>
>>89945891
>muh backup gun

If the GL needed one the Guardians, in their wisdom, would have given them one. Maybe Baz just isn't cut to be a lantern, not even Jessica needs a back up gun
>>
Baz is one of the worst Dc characters of all time. Emotional wreck of a person with a huge chip on his shoulder about his religion. A serious victim-complex. They make a big thing how he isn't a terrorist, then in JSA when they were all being tested. What happens? He succumbs to it and becomes a terrorist. WTF?
>>
>>89945982

>The Guardians
>Smart

fucking kek
>>
>>89945982
He has literally already used the gun as backup before and it has helped him.

Your logic only works if the rings never ran out of energy.
>>
>>89934161
Hal makes planes a lot.
>>
>>89930185
Burn a hole through it.
>>
>>89926670
Don't worry anon, in the newest issue GL realizes that guns really are bad and evil all along. After he saves the day, using guns.

Batman was right, you see. Its like your obvious strawman comics. GL is freaking out and reacting "U just don't understand" while Batman is calm and collected, we all know who won that argument.
>>
>>89946409
>Baz overcomes his fear of failure and realizes his potential and not to be scared

but this is bad because it doesn't portray guns as cool and because Batman was involved

you guys don't deserve good comics
>>
>>89946085
They don't if you're Kyle Rayner or Alan Scott.
>>
>guy has a ring that can make a million guys
>batman worries about his single gun?

this is just stupid writing
>>
File: Jack Chance.jpg (40KB, 327x326px) Image search: [Google]
Jack Chance.jpg
40KB, 327x326px
>>89928957
At least one kinda-classic Green Lantern does carry backup weapons.

Jack Chance. Who was also the only Lantern allowed to kill because his home planet is that fucking bad.
>>
>>89946409
>>89946451

Literally 95% of suspense in Green Lantern stories is generated from the rings either running out of gas, not working on a specific opponent or some other weakness or limitation related specifically to the ring.

Not having a side-arm is pure fucking idiocy.
>>
File: 1487149333368.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1487149333368.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
You can stop bitching about the gun now, he gave it up.
>>
>>89935096
>Europeans can buy guns too you weirdo
Only after jumping through a bunch of hoops and not at all in the UK. But wait until the EU pushes through that stupid anti-gun package. Then the europoors will be well and truly fucked.
>>
>>89946652
there are better sidearms he could find
>>
>>89946652
Hey, it could be the catalyst for him to get a sweet alien pistol or something.
>>
>>89941763
I mean, technically they're all still alive.
>>
>>89946780
Did I mis the newest one? Is this page after the Scarecrow reveal?
>>
>>89946780
>Apology accepted
What an insufferable cunt.
>>
File: 1487149117182.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1487149117182.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89947163
Today's issue.
>>
>>89947176
Why? Baz ranted at him for no reason
>>
File: 1487149075510.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1487149075510.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>89932117
And here I thought Garth Ennis was the master of triggering batfags.
>>
>>89947577
Ennis is an edgy twat one trick pony
>Hurf durf look how stupid superheroes are
>>
>>89926670
>Green Lantern
>Gun

Wut?
>>
>>89926670
Brucie, it ain't Baz's fault that he learned the value of carrying for self defense sooner than your dad did.
>>
>>89947632
Whoops never mind, Ennis is still number 1.

All I had to do was mention his name.
>>
>>89947712
>only batfags dislike Ennis

it must be nice living in your made up reality
>>
>>89947275

>Trump's America will slippery-slope straight into totalitarian police-state which will slippery slope straight into Muslims being put in literally 18th century chain-gangs

I know Marvel's defense is gonna be that these are his irrational fears, but at least some of the Marvel writing staff genuinely believes this.
>>
>>89947738
Ennis

Ennis!

ENNIS!
>>
>>89947805
>I know Marvel's defense is gonna be that these are his irrational fears, but at least some of the Marvel writing staff genuinely believes this.

This is DC anon, and yes those are his irrational fears induced by the yellow energy Scarecrow harnessed.
>>
>>89947824
Section 8 is fine but most of his other stuff isn't, especially Preacher.
>>
>>89947095
Like Baterangs.
>>
>>89947805
DC

And no, everyone knows the real threat from a Trump presidency is the destruction of NATO and the subsequent military expansion by Russia
>>
>>89941899
Both are in the right.
>>
>>89928250
>Hal had that kid

Wait

What?
>>
>>89947888
He gave Batman a parking ticket! The fucking edgelord!
>>
>>89946780
BOOOOO
Keep the gun, I always liked how he never gave it up.
>>
>>89947665
Simon Baz got the GL ring but kept a sidearm because "better safe than sorry"
As it turned out, he actually used it to kill Sinestro when his GL ring couldn't.
>>
>>89950336
lmao, who wrote that stupid story
>>
>>89931297
Don't lump all of us in with that fag. He's probably a west coast liberal rather than a European.

>>89930805
You're retarded. Deescalation is the ideal outcome but you need to be prepared if this situation goes south. Otherwise you have gunmen running amok and no way to stop them.
>>
>>89928179
Yeah cuz those rings never run out if juice or anything
>>
>>89950388
and guns run out of bullets

also it's a fucking human gun that barely works against human targets in comics
>>
>>89950363
Geoff Johns
>>
>>89950465
You don't use guns to only shoot someone attacking you. Could use it to shoot down something if necessary. It's still just another tool.
>>
Truth is this entire argument is stupid, they should stop the "Batman hates guns" meme when he works with people that use them all the time, allows Alfred to have an armory, doesn't complain about Jason, works with Cyborg who is a walking laser gun, Superman etc.
>>
>>89928179
Why?
Why would you not want your hero to have a backup plan if his main weapon doesn't work?

I mean GL rings can fly, but Hal Jordan still loves flying jets and has owned half a dozen space ships.
Nobody on /co/ complained about him living alt. transportation.

So why bitch about alt. weapons?
>>
>>89950743
Because a gun it's fucking stupid.
this is like having a bicycle to go around because the ring could run out of power instead of having a car, a bike, a plane or a starship
>>
>>89950798
Except the Gun has come in handy.
Because his ring sucked.
>>
>>89950869
contrived plot reasons
if a writer wanted even a banana peel would have been useful, so the argument is pointless
>>
>>89941601
>back up weapon is a terrible dumb and boring choice.
explain.
>>
File: 1379705821940[1].jpg (206KB, 1024x1449px) Image search: [Google]
1379705821940[1].jpg
206KB, 1024x1449px
>>89935654
>Is there a single comic that won't trigger my /k/ autism

Gunsmith Cats is /k/ Autism: The Comic
>>
>>89942170
it killed him is what it did
>>
>>89932117
>different take on character
>why is he not exactly the same and badass as mainstream batman
Geoff's autistic retard earth one Bruce stories are some of the best in years
>>
>>89929309
Yeah but fuck batman
>>
>>89946780
And later we get an event where superheroes loose their powers and learn that they relied on them too much.
>>
>>89951120
Gunsmith cats is a manga (which, ironically, tend to have some pretty accurate representations of guns considering their country is extremely nogunz)
>>
File: 1243243214213.jpg (76KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
1243243214213.jpg
76KB, 858x536px
>>89946780
>Fucker just gives away a 1911 for free
That better be a fucking Kimber piece of shit or something
>>
>>89950565
>Massive fuck off lasers and can level entire builds are perfectly okay
>But a gun is just pure evil!
This is why political commentary just doesn't work in comics, it's like using mutants as a gay/minority allegory and that people fear them for no good reason despite the fact we know just a single mutant could suplex an entire skyscraper
>>
File: 23432134.jpg (157KB, 668x696px) Image search: [Google]
23432134.jpg
157KB, 668x696px
I want a pro gun batman

I really hate how the cucks at DC made him anti gun. He should be smart enough to realize all the criminals he has fought were never legal gun owners and that the people he is "protecting" should be able to defend themselves. I always thought it was either a power thing or just bad writing.
>>
>>89928179
A muslim hero is worse.
>>
>>89955085
He's not anti-gun for rational purposes. He's literally triggered, like PTSD.
>>
>>89955085
Honestly when you think about it the hero mentality of guys like Batman does way more harm than good.
"I'm the only one who is allowed to protect you, none of you need to help yourselves when I'm around and if any of you try than fuck you."
>>
>>89946780

This really pisses me off.

>Don't carry a gun to defend yourself, just surrender your weapons to the authority figures

This is just trying to brainwash kids to stay away from guns
>>
>>89955085
>just bad writing.
People that have had loved ones killed by firearms becoming vehemently anti-gun is completely realistic though.
>>
>>89955085
The reason why he doesn't like guns is pretty separate from the reason why he eschews them.

He doesn't like them because he watched his parents get shot to death.
But the reason he doesn't use them because they are lethal weapons, and he doesn't want to kill.

It dumb to take these two aspects and make him immediately distrustful or suspicious of anyone who uses a gun though, yeah.
>>
>>89955154

Yeah that is why I don't like some characterizations of some heros like batman. They want to protect and defend people but also don't want them to be able to defend themselves. It is really immoral and promotes a message of submitting to authority. I think most of it is bad writing by SJWs writing comics who are anti gun though.
>>
>>89930945
Change the gun to dick
>but when did Simon Baz get his own 'Robin'
>>89938675
Has he fought the oh wait yeah he has.
Gotham City isn't in the same universe as Lovecraft's writings, but Lovecraftian monsters appeared in Batman: The Doom that Came to Gotham in the year 2000. It is an Elseworlds story which isn't part of the main canon.

>Arkham Asylum was named for its founder, >Dr. Amadeus Arkham. He first appeared in >Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious >Earth, in 1989 (according to the DC Comics >Database). I don't know that the asylum had >much backstory before that. It's only a >coincidence that Dr. Arkham shares his name >with the fictional town in H. P. Lovecraft's >writings.
>>
>>89935654

>pistol casings

no
>>
>>89955231

I understand why he wouldn't like or use guns but it is dumb how a lot of recent versions of him want to disarm everyone or like in this comic make people feel like shit for using or owning a gun.

Not everyone can defend themselves without a firearm like batman.

But like I said, the real reason is most likely just SJWs who want to reinforce an idea that guns are bad and scary but it comes off as looking retarded.
>>
>>89955282
>Rimless, straight walled, full brass casings
Those are pistol casings anon, even if you assumed deathstroke was some really old fashion faggot that used full brass shotgun shells for some reason that would still require them to have rims.
>>
File: dead.png (383KB, 530x328px) Image search: [Google]
dead.png
383KB, 530x328px
Jesus, I forgot that there was a Muslim Green Lantern (WITH A GUN). Comics are dead.
>>
>>89955391
He's just a Johns self insert and he's quite cute, you need to relax.
>>
That's because they also had to push Batwoman that month and she is a soldier that use guns!!! so they had the same retarded scene in Tec where Batwoman saves the days with guns and Batman says something about that
>>
>>89931706
>What the fuck are you talking about? A guy with a gun to a hostage's head is already in a good bargaining position with the authorities that have him surrounded 50 to 1, because it's the fucking job for the police to protect bystanders and ensure their safety in spite of their hard-on to kill some scumbag.

Not particularly because they can just let you go for 15 minutes and then hunt you down like the dog you are which is a point negotiators use to say that surrendering is a far better option..
>>
File: FalklandsMap.jpg (73KB, 567x367px) Image search: [Google]
FalklandsMap.jpg
73KB, 567x367px
>>89936551
>never ever
>>
>>89955085

>I want a pro-gun Batman

The Punisher?
>>
>>89955685
The punisher is not pro-gun. He uses them, but he doesn't have a positive view of their ownership.
>>
at least Snyder understood that Batman doesn't care about people using guns for self defence
>>
>>89941763
Dick and Tim are both B-List Superheroes, Jason is a Anti-Hero who would probably be considered B-List and Damian is arguably on a similar level to those fucks. I don't know about you guys but it looks to me like Bruce didn't go "through" Four Robins but rather managed to raise most of them into talented heroes in their own right.

granted pretty much all of the Robins have had to go through suffering to get to where they are now but so does every other Superhero
>>
>>89955942
That page was like 2007 so Dick, Jason, Tim, and Steph were the Robins mentioned
>>
>>89955085

Enough batwank.

Just make a Green Arrow anti-hero who uses guns but never the shitty pistols or AK47s. Make him use hunting rifles and shit.

Because he hunts for crime. Have him shoot darts or rubber bullets.

Ollie will at first see him as a menace to social justice but as the comic goes on he acknowledges that guns, while crude and uncivilized, can be useful in certain situations, he then teams up with this guy to fight Slade.

Call him The Predator or something.
>>
>>89953507
Please no. The last time that happened was one of the shittiest events in recent memory
>>
File: 9f5.gif (415KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
9f5.gif
415KB, 488x519px
What pisses me off is that they're doing this for Baz

They'd never take away Maxwell's Lords' gun.
They'd never take away Arsenal's guns.
They'd never take away Vigilante's guns.
Nobody complained when Guy Gardener had guns sprout of his fucking body. And he's a lantern too!

it's because they're all white.
>>
>>89947738
>only batfags dislike Ennis

Fuck you. I'm a Batfag and I love Ennis.
>>
>>89955085
>I really hate how the cucks at DC made him anti gun.

His fucking parents were killed by a gun when he was eight. His hatred of handguns specifically, while irrational, makes sense.

Also, who uses the word cuck unironically? Cuckold fetishists that's who. $5 on you having a subscription to blacked.com.
>>
>>89955117

Are you triggered by the fact that Green Lantern is currently staring a Muslim and Spic?

Why are fascists such thin skinned losers who need safe spaces everywhere?
>>
Batman hates guns now?

And yeah, he has a point, batman has all the deadly shit in the world that could probably eradicate the entire city and other neighboring towns if in the wrong hands, and guns are wrong in the eyes of him off because "They killed my parents, people can be irresponsible with them!"?
>>
>>89954710
It's not like it was his to begin with kek nor does he have proper training with it, he probably doesn't know how much guns even cost.
>>
>>89959011
what could possibly be more "special snowflake" than racism? "Everybody is degenerate except the people who look like me!"
>>
>>89955085
>No-one Batman has fought owned their gun legally.

They're not that hard to get. Just because most of the mob has the good sense to steal them, or buy them wholesale and file off the serial numbers doesn't mean some dumb-ass mugger didn't just buy one.
>>
File: Boltgun Operating.jpg (474KB, 2300x1606px) Image search: [Google]
Boltgun Operating.jpg
474KB, 2300x1606px
>>89956503
>Superhero who operates with fudd guns
Just don't make him a "just need muh durr rifle, no one needs dat 100 round 'salt rifle fer huntin', ye'll blow the animal apart!" fudd and I could dig it, fuckers are the biggest cancer to ever infect the gun community.
>>
>>89944354
form a cop trust me no its not if someone is willing to pull a gun in public for no good reason or robbing someone or someplace like 60% their willing to die or kill others its best to just take them out quickly
>>
>>89926670
Batman is a troubled individual that has made choices based on trauma. He's just as insane as his rogue gallery, just more functional than them.
>>
File: John Byrne.jpg (46KB, 429x459px) Image search: [Google]
John Byrne.jpg
46KB, 429x459px
>>89948732
>>
>>89962819
>you will never have a fit, older man grind your cooch into his muscles until you cream
>>
File: Hal.jpg (147KB, 897x608px) Image search: [Google]
Hal.jpg
147KB, 897x608px
>>89962871
>>
>>89961691
you're not a cop
>>
>>89926670
No.
>>
>>89930351
It's like when your son comes out as gay unexpectedly, you don't mention it and pretend like it's whatever because they're happy but inside it's really not okay
>>
>>89955262
There's also Gotham City twice manifesting itself. Once as a girl that tried to rape Drake, and once as a giant insane female bat monster that the spirit of Metropolis was friends with.
>>
>>89937073
ACTUALLY House Republicans just today repealed that.
>>
>>89955344
Heroes can have flaws you know, they aren't perfect beings. It's perfectly understandable that Batman has a problem of making people feel like shit just because he doesn't personally likes gun.
>>
>>89934161
Preferably big vans, the kind for ramming into people.

Y'know.
>>
>>89962819
>>89963075
So, uh... do Hal and Arisia interact any more these days?

Is Arisia even still around?
>>
>>89946970
>and not at all in the UK
You can buy guns in the UK
http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/answers/nine-must-reads-youre-applying-shotgun-firearms-licence-54332
>>
>>89928325
we need the
>someone who's gone through four robins wants to lecture me on child safety?
page. i know someone's got it.
>>
>>89926670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byycwl8qgc
>>
>>89946970
>Then the europoors will be well and truly fucked.
no they won't
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-16-4465_en.htm
>>
File: 1400095430226.jpg (12KB, 284x276px) Image search: [Google]
1400095430226.jpg
12KB, 284x276px
>>89966581
>Ban of semi-automatics
>regulation of fucking deactivated guns
Fucking Yuro's, I feel bad for the Swiss and Czechs though, they gonna be hit the hardest with this shit.
>>
>>89966623
Are the Swiss even in the EU?
>>
>>89966650
they aren't that anon is an idiot that has no idea about anything.
You can reactivate deactivated guns so it makes sense to observe their whereabouts.
>>
>>89966623
semi automatics aren't banned.
>>
>>89934696
Sodam Yat comes to mind since he had verry little reason to use the ring over his natural gifts
>>
>>89946780
That is so stupid. Baz has a good reason to keep the gun for backup. Pure bullshit
>>
>Humpries is goo now that he is at DC!
>I am going to complain about the character and not the writer!
>Woah I can't believe this fictional character actually did this! I hate him now
>>
>>89966749
By literally making the whole mechanism from scratch. Anyone who can "reactivate" a decomissioned gun has the materials to just make one of similar capabilities.
>>
>>89966981
When was the last time his ring malfunctioned?
>>
Great, now /co/ is as bad as /v/; where should I go next, /ck/ or /k/?
>>
>>89967198
>Anyone who can "reactivate" a decomissioned gun has the materials to just make one of similar capabilities.
not really since the way to decomission a gun wasn't standardsized
>>
>>89967251
Cooking, guns are bad.
>>
>>89967218
It's better to be prepared
>>
>>89967218
Why is it ok for Batman to be prepared for everything possible, but when someone else does it, he gets shit on?
>>
>>89926670
PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARENTS
>>
>>89929451
that wasn't edgy at all you fucking faggot
>>
>>89926670
What are you even whining about OP, you nigger.
Batman is a faggot, Bazinga Pew-Pew man is a faggot. Bazinga has a point. Batman is a bitch.
What's the issue.
>>
>>89941656
>not reading the comic
>crying about it
When did we become /v/
>>
>>89967372
Because all of Batman's obviously lethal gear never happens to kill anyone :^) but Simon isn't allowed to shoot a computer with a gun without Batman going "NO USE THE RING"
>>
>>89967372
That wasn't the problem at all.
>>89967415
Because the gun wouldn't have done anything.
I really don't get how people can get a issue about having faith in yourself and a strong will which is the gimmick of the GL and turning it into a negative because Baz had to leave behind a gun.
>>
>>89929573
anon, they're clearly white wigs on those graves
>>
>>89926670
I like to think Batman just pulled out a photo of his parents gravesstones and shoved it into GLs face.
>>
File: 90876567.jpg (60KB, 389x491px) Image search: [Google]
90876567.jpg
60KB, 389x491px
It's just a dumb thing that got popular because of the dumb Nolan movies. Batman never really had a problem with guns or people using them. He has a problem with Killing. This writer needs to get fucked.
>>
>>89935096
UK are not too bad, but you need to justify purchases, preferably with a hunting permit already secured. Nordicfag her, and "I want to practice shooting" is a good enough reason to get a rifle. You have to join a gunsports club for handguns, all automatics are banned. Semi-autos are getting banned soon because socialist party.
>>
>>89968037
He has a big sticky notepad that's all just photos of his parents grave that he carries in his utility belt at all times, there's a spare one in his boot
>>
>>89955085
>>>/pol/
>>
>>89966182
She more than likely died.
>>
>>89969194
>>89969194
She's in HJGLC in the background.
>>
>>89955172
You shouldn't need guns to defend yourself.
America be a lost cause already on that front. But where I am from it has been exceedingly rare. I remember back in 92 or whenever it was, there was a gun related homicide. And it became national news because it was almost completely unheard of and the first gun related incident in decades.

Of course. Nowadays we have yearly gun related incidents here too. But I blame that on the EU.
>>
>>89932333
Has Dick gone dark hero???
>>
the issue wasn't about guns, this was just Baz getting over his own fear and limitations

it's not different than Jessica getting over her fears and starting making constructs
Thread posts: 425
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.