[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth watching lads? still can do that before new season comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

File: samurai.0.jpg (397KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
samurai.0.jpg
397KB, 1024x640px
is it worth watching lads? still can do that before new season comes
>>
probably one of the best cartoons ever made
>>
Shame that they took down the stream, it was fun
>>
>>89921435
Watch samurai vs ninja
or jack and the monks

This show is unique, a slow atmospheric cartoon with a great emphasis on music and ambiance.

No exessive blabbering, No retarded childish plot to please kiddies(ok maybe one episode), Really good fights, Great art and animation
>>
Definitely, but I wouldn't recommend binge watch it. It's not a serial drama designed to keep you on the edge of your seat; it's a collection of atmospheric stories intended to be taken in their own time and pace.
>>
Skip seasons 1, 2, and 3
Season 4 is the best.
>>
Sure, but if you're not enjoying an episode, don't be afraid to drop it. Samurai Jack is a series with a lot of gems and a lot of turds, so don't be afraid to looks around for episodes you think you would like.
>>
>>89921602
best villains too. Aku conquers the earth and moves onto other planets. One of the few villains were the writers actually showed what would happen with his victory.
>>
>>89923353
wrong, skip everything
>>
>>89923353
>Skipping episodes

You're all faggots.
>>
>>89921435
It's worth watching because it's a great show and you appreciate it more as an adult because you pay more attention to the aesthetics than you do as a kid.
It's episodic and nothing is really chronological; especially because episodes were aired when they were finished, not in the order that the crew actually wanted them.
If you want, I'll give you a list of all the really awesome episodes from each season, as well as a really condensed "what you really should see" if you don't want to binge.
>>
>>89923353
you're skipping so many good episodes
>>
>>89923627
There's an aspect of Aku that I love: His obsession with control.

While he has no issues with killing, Aku's biggest possible weakness is how obsessed he is with subjugation. He could kill you, sure, but then he couldn't force you to serve him, or come to terms that he's your superior. Throughout the show he shows that while he could easily take out characters and even portals, he will only do it if it shows his dominance. The "Master of Masters" is obsessed with not being questioned.

Even look at Jack vs. The Zombies. When he had Jack's sword, he could've killed him so many ways. But for him, the only way to kill Jack was with his sword, showing that Aku has complete mastery over everything Jack holds dear. That is why he lost.

Aku's compulsion to have people serve and fear him is such a cool aspect of his character to me.
>>
>>89926501
>Jack vs. The Zombies
That episode is highly underrated. Aku was outright terrifying in that episode and Aku vs Jack was one of the most intense fights of the entire show.
>>
>>89926600
>You can run, but you cannot hide, because I can smell your blood!
>>
>>89926501
>>89926600
The ending to Jack vs. The Zombies felt like a bit of a cop-out, but it was funny in retrospect with Aku just hitting jack's abdomen over and over again like "WTF".
>>
>>89927018
I loved it. Aku could've ended it all right there, but through his own ego he had to fuck it up by choosing the one way he couldn't kill Jack.
>>
>>89927038
I think your little analysis of Aku is pretty spot-on, to be honest.
Another example would be the Imakandi. Aku isn't just pissed that they betrayed him, but he's pissed that they didn't do what he wanted.
>>
Does anyone else love the "creepy evil tree" theme that Aku has? The way his cities are built, in the first episode when he reawakens, the forest of black "tree-like" things that blob-form aku spreads all over the land, the sound of wood breaking whenever Aku shows up or transforms. I'm not sure how it makes sense in respect to Aku's character but it looks and feels creepy, surreal and cool.
>>
>>89923107
Which episode?
>>
>>89927249
naked jack maybe?
>>
>>89927100
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJ8OhLSrD0

That clip is essentially Aku in a nutshell. Notice how instead of killing the insubordinate, he decides to torture him until he obeys.
>>
>>89927010
>YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE `CAUSE I CAN SMELL YOUR BLAWD
>>
Its pretty great that a show like this actually aired and that kids watched it and even liked it.

However, while Im fine with going slow, sometimes it takes too long to get to the point, like in the blind archers episode, when Jack meditates, you are like "ok I get it" while the show insists on showing how Jack is taking in the enviroment.

Also great use of music.
>>
>>89927389

I think as long as it isn't boring us with excessive talking, a little moment here and there to take in the environment, letting the visuals do the talking, can definitely work. It's like they say, a picture tells a thousand words.
>>
>>89927389
I hated those long scenes as a kid but now I get the tension as an adult.
It probably helps that Stalker is my favorite movie and Andrei Tarkovsky makes great use of tension.
Like, there's a 5 minute scene of the actors doing nothing in that movie, but it makes perfect sense after everything that happened prior to that scene.
>>
>>89921435
Just take a look at what you posted. Look at this pic. There's a fucking fire demon among weird futuristic buildings and a pissed off samurai whos' about to fight him.
How can you not check it out? It looks fucking awesome. And it's even better than it looks.
>>
>>89927299
god damn Mako was too perfect for that role
>>
I never watched the show as a kid, but I'm getting through it now

Unbelievably good. Every ep is a one off but each one can stand alone.
>>
>>89926501
Seeing Aku use his shapeshifting in combat is always neat, but seeing him go into his primal form was pretty intimidating.
>>
>>89927221
He was a tree till Jack's father tried to destroy him and unintentionally freed him.
>>
File: 0fb.png (97KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
0fb.png
97KB, 557x605px
>Kids who watched Samurai Jack as it aired get the grand finale we were promised all those years ago
>New generation of Samurai Jack fans being born just in time for the conclusion

What a time to be alive
>>
>>89928229
Its like we're back in the past.
>>
>>89927755
I really hope we get a "This isnt even my final form" moment in S5
Maybe he'll even go back to the original state he was in Birth of Evil
>>
File: Screenshot (178).png (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (178).png
503KB, 1920x1080px
Watching the whole thing for the first time. Really good shit, though it's really obvious that he's only allowed to kill robots and aliens.
>>
>>89928306
Who has the picture edit of the shows intro showing Aku throwing the finale of the series into the Future where Calarts is law?
>>
>>89928511

I haven't seen that one, but would love to have it.

I've only got the CARTOON NETWORK one.
>>
>>89928490

>though it's really obvious that he's only allowed to kill robots and aliens.

yeah, I remember seeing a behind the scenes in wich the actually said that
>>
>>89928588
Thats probably it.
>>
>>89928490
HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN?
>>
>>89928805
NO
I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN
>>
>>89928490
Killing robots and aliens is an easy way to keep the rating down.

The new episodes are going for a higher rating so he can potentially kill things with red stuff inside of them.
>>
>>89928898

We know for a fact that his kill count is at 7 people in Season 5.
>>
File: 1487018230010.jpg (83KB, 610x366px) Image search: [Google]
1487018230010.jpg
83KB, 610x366px
What was Aku's tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army?
>>
>>89928898
Literally one of the episodes for the new season is jack losing his shit for his first non robo kill
>>
File: 1464782824392.png (511KB, 720x723px) Image search: [Google]
1464782824392.png
511KB, 720x723px
>>89927299
There are autists in the comment section arguing over whether or not Aku could stand up to the gems. The consensus seems to be that Aku cannot stand up to the gems.

What the fuck
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>89928975
His tax policy is "Whatever Aku Wants It To Be"
His army is "Whoever Aku Wants It To be"

Its good to be king
>>
File: 1487015936477.jpg (385KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487015936477.jpg
385KB, 1200x1200px
>>89928511
Samurai Jack is more Calarts than any of those shows together.
>>
>>89929400

Like.. Gem and the Holograms?
>>
Why is this show even BETTER than I remember it being? There were so many risks taken all over the place, experimental animation, different genre than usual episodes, fantastic action scenes, tone shifting that's both jarring in a good way, and yet it still seems to have proper pacing. Even with what could reasonably be called filler, it never FELT like filler. The music mixed with the animation helped make everything feel smooth and cohesive it just...

God damn. I remember liking the show as a kid, but never like I NEEDED to gush about it with to someone. I guess it's because I understand animation and pacing better as an adult.
>>
File: IMG_1335.jpg (82KB, 843x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1335.jpg
82KB, 843x640px
>>89923251
What pace would you recommend for watching?
>>
>>89930037
I actually thought it was stupid and childish as a kid and now (21yo) it's blowing me away every episode. There really is nothing quite like it and that's something that's not really talked much about: This show is incredibly unique, experimental and yet smooth.
>>
>>89928975
>>89929724
Aku obviously has laws, and it is said on the episode with the flying princes that you have to pay taxes to land on the planet.

On the first episodes, Aku demands tributes to be paid from the alien races that live under his rule, the aquatic aliens had to build huge monuments for him. He also was the one who stole all the water and nutrients of their planet, to use as he please.

But it is pretty obvious that he took like 90% of the population of the planet earth and put all of them on heavily monitored megacities, while most of the rest of the world is wild and not as advanced, governed by its own laws.

Regarding an army, Aku has bugbots to enforce his rule, they seem to be his main army, along with red and gray demons.

On the first episode the talking dogs also said that Aku basically opened all of his space ports to every kind of mercenary, bounty hunter and warrior, to use on his expansive empire.

So it is likely that he is waging in war with multiple planets, using bugbots and various kind of mercenaries as his army, sometimes he might even be bored and do the work.
>>
File: 1486405264749.jpg (397KB, 700x2540px) Image search: [Google]
1486405264749.jpg
397KB, 700x2540px
Real talk tho
Someone's gonna do this for Season 5 right?
It was a quintessential part of the Flash Season 1 hype train
>>
>>89930166

It's only 10 episodes, so I am sure someone will.
>>
>>89929897
If only it were that stupid
>>
let's be real here, season 5 will never come close to the other ones. it will barely feature any aku, jack doesnt even have his sword anymore, only the weird aku daughters have been shown and they didnt seem very interesting, the storyline will be dark and edgy shit without any of the experimental interesting storylines of the original episodes.

however, it will finally end and we will get a conclusion and i think that is all that matters.
>>
>>89930329
I personally think you're being slightly pessimistic in a lot of your points, however reasoned they were, and the only real way to tell how it will go will be to wait for the season 5 premier.
>>
>>89928132
>the arrow fired at the darkness that awakened Aku was covered in GREEN poison and set on FIRE
Gotta love Tartakovsky's attention to details.
>>
>>89930329
Good god, give it a chance
The same people are still behind it, so it should fare better than other reboots
Honestly Jack not having his sword sound like a risk to me, very experimental
>>
>>89930566
How the hell that thing was sudenly on fire?
>>
>>89930715
From the Sun.
>>89930329
>let's be real here
*let's be a whiny projecting bitch here
FTFY
>>
>>89928984
source?
>>
XTRA THICC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMqQOGTshak
>>
>>89930901
OH EXCELLEEENT
>>
>>89930758

Just google for new Genndy's interview.
>>
>>89931027
HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhello?
>>
>>89927593
You can tell he was having so much fucking fun doing this!
>>
File: Capture.png (113KB, 331x365px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
113KB, 331x365px
GOTTA GET A GRIP
>>
>>89930901
he doesnt actually order pizza, he orders a bounty hunter
>>
>>89921435
Jack and the Three Blind Archers (S1 E5) is probably my favorite episode but Jack and the Scotsman (S1 E10) is a close second. The show is a really great mix of serious/comedy. Definitely worth the watch!

(not to mention the soundtrack is really great) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirRWSoxuYU
>>
>>89931981
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that line.
>>
File: Besiege.jpg (69KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
Besiege.jpg
69KB, 900x720px
This part is one of the single best fight scenes in the whole series. The part where Aku is leap-kicking toward Jack in particular is spectacularly choreographed. A E S T H E T I C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrvGyOjQHGs
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.