[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strong Female Protagonist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

Today on Strong Female Protagonist: Gurwa eats some chips.
>>
He's been talking to a kid in the park for over a month, I'd get chips too.
>>
She's arguing to herself that being witty or clever to accomplish the same thing she did with brute force is less honest. This shits going to new levels of retarded
>>
I find it utterly repellent that this series is written by a man, a white man. It would be more understandable, and even forgiveable, if it were a woman.
>>
>>89918705
I thought that, if nothing else, the entire class experiment would come back around in a nice little bow. She'd understanding that she can't force people's wills but she CAN make intelligent decisions that benefit everyone. Then she'd throw away her stone, meaning she no longer chooses to condemn herself to failure through hopelessly pursuing an imposibility, and Gurwa goes "okay, you're not failing the class anymore, but now you have to work harder than everyone else," completing the metaphor about power and responsibility.

I'm actually surprised it's even more surface level than that, given how fucking much they're agonizing over the point.
>>
>>89918705
but that would be less honest
>>
>>89918757
it's funny how you think the comic right now is being less deep than your sitcom-tier "stop worrying about the problem and everything will work out!" bullshit
>>
>>89918414
That technique is dreadful. A guy with facial hair like that should really use rabbit bites.
>>
>>89918783
>sitcom-tier
Yeah, I never said it was deep. I thought that was the bare minimum of effort given the setup.

>"stop worrying about the problem and everything will work out!"
What the fuck are you talking about? That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said at all. I thought it was going to be more of a "Work smart, not hard, and accept responsibility" thing, not "stop worrying."
>>
>>89918783
its funny how fans of bad comics with agendas tend to type in all lowercase and make passive aggressive barbs instead of just arguing a point
>>
>>89918823
But the comic is putting more effort into the situation than you are by putting actual analysis into the problem of trying to do as much good as possible. You're saying they should go into it with a solution in mind and just set up to prove their own point which is high-tier wankery.

Your proposed moral of the story isn't even internally consistent as you say that Alison shouldn't try so hard and then say she has to try harder than anyone else to get something she doesn't even really need.
>>
>>89918414
This is terrible.
>>
Hopefully, there will be a crossover between SFP and The Boys one day. Allison reminds me of Starlight
>>
>>89919011
>But the comic is putting more effort into the situation than you are by putting actual analysis into the problem of trying to do as much good as possible.
Not really, considering that this is the easiest, most simple minded way you can tackle this kind of thing. Instead of building a point into the narrative, it's just several pages pouring over the thought process that would lead these characters to a conclusion. Instead of having the protagonist challenged and make a change based on this challenge, which the viewer can agree or disagree with, it's the author explaining both sides while basically telling you what they think is "right" even more directly, which in this case is that the protagonist is justified if she can reconcile with herself. It's not deep and it doesn't require effort, it's fucking lazy and inefficient.

>You're saying they should go into it with a solution in mind
That's GENERALLY how writing works. You tend not to write by the seat of your pants like a fucking asshole and publish your ramblings. As a writer, your art is crafting a whole by approaching it forwards and backwards. Even if their solution is "there is no right answer," you can do better than just fucking shoving it right in the audience's face and pretending it's smart just because you spent several pages typing up words.

>and just set up to prove their own point which is high-tier wankery
Have you ever read a novel in your entire life? A good read tends to not just drone on in a linear fashion. It's crafted with foreshadowing, clever devices, allegories, symbolism, PURPOSE. Whether it conforms to the point the author wants to express or not, a competent writer actually bothers to revise and structure their story. But really, do tell me how Hemingway, Steinbeck, Chaucer, and Marguerite of fucking Navarre were just engaging in "high tier wankery" when they bothered to craft their stories around the point they were making.
>>
>>89919545
Don't feed shitposters.
>>
>>89919545
>It's crafted with foreshadowing, clever devices, allegories, symbolism, PURPOSE.
Not in Science Fiction. Science Fiction is about actually analyzing a unique setting and trying to guess what would actually happen to characters in such a society.
>>
>>89919727
Hey, guess what?
You can do that without literally having your characters just philosophize at each other and themselves for a dozen pages, by not being a lazy piece of shit.

Go read some Harlan Ellison and fuck off. Better yet, read some Jack Kirby and Moebius, since you seem to know fuck all about comics.
>>
really sad the novels of discussion this shit spawns while good comics are ignored and forgotten
>>
>>89919840
It's one or two dedicated shitposters who keep defending the writing every couple of months while a few autists go into detail about why the writing sucks.

I'm half convinced it's the author doing it for pageviews.
>>
>>89918414
Is that some kind of ground squirrel
>>
>>89919825
>You can do that without literally having your characters just philosophize at each other and themselves for a dozen pages
You can also have a proper discussion instead of just ignoring half of the issue to make yourself look more correct.
>>
>Refraining from spending several pages rambling and actually crafting your work is "ignoring half the issue"
>Good sense for pace and content is "making yourself look more correct."

You don't even deserve a quality rebuttal, let alone acknowledgement.
>>
File: quevedo[1].jpg (15KB, 320x275px) Image search: [Google]
quevedo[1].jpg
15KB, 320x275px
>>89919545
>symbolism
>good literature
>>
>>89919527
Butcher at that biodynamic convention would probably go on a murder-suicide rampage
>>
>>89922949
>Foreshadowing
>Not even worse

Bad writers love to think they should get a pat on the back for placing a few hints in the story regardless of whether they're good or mean anything.
>>
File: sfp rape.png (241KB, 775x504px) Image search: [Google]
sfp rape.png
241KB, 775x504px
bitch, stop trying to rationalize your raping
>>
>>89918414
Marvel's Squirrel Man looks great!
>>
>>89924981
Holy Shit. This is disgusting. I honestly want to grab Doomsday and throw him into that universe.

You know what? Any drawfag here? I'll pay for that shit.
>>
File: The Boys.png (932KB, 1550x2400px) Image search: [Google]
The Boys.png
932KB, 1550x2400px
>>89927050
Drawfag reporting in
>>
>>89927757
Ok, m8. How about this? Doomsday stomping the head of a beat up, bloody Alison while she remembers the words "Because I'm stronger tan you".
>>
File: sfp game warden.png (644KB, 775x1144px) Image search: [Google]
sfp game warden.png
644KB, 775x1144px
the fact that moe amphibious game warden will probably never come back makes this shit all the worse to keep up with
>>
>>89928628
pretty sure Alison hired her for her feminist bodyguards.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.