[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Announces Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 23

Synergy
http://ew.com/books/2017/02/14/chip-zdarsky-peter-parker-spectacular-spider-man/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
>>
>>89917723
The leaks were real!
>>
>>89917723
I look forward to the Butthurt Miles fans
>>
>>89917723
Well, it has to be better than CC, Amazing, and RYV.

>Zdarsky

Hmm, maybe better than Slott's works at least.
>>
>>89917723
Howard The Duck was so bad that I can't care.
>>
>>89917741
>I look forward to the Butthurt Miles fans
Why exactly would they be butthurt?
>>
>>89917723
WE ARE FREE FROM SLOTT
FUCKING FINALLY
>>
File: 1468377300992.jpg (58KB, 512x351px) Image search: [Google]
1468377300992.jpg
58KB, 512x351px
The evil has been defeated
>>89917737
What we're the other leaks
>>
>>89917768
the "leaks" said he would die.
>>
>>89917768
Because the only Miles fan in existence is Bendis and he's trying really hard to push the True Spider-man meme.
>>
>>Iron Fist book
>>Luke Cage book
>>Guardians of the Galaxy Relaunch
>>Rocket Raccoon
>>Spider-Man book

Jesus, are they just giving up on everything that isn't MCU? And don't you fags start saying "Luke Cage and Iron Fist aren't MCU canon"
>>
File: bg17.jpg (43KB, 525x382px) Image search: [Google]
bg17.jpg
43KB, 525x382px
>>89917723
>Zdarsky
>>
>>89917821
>And don't you fags start saying "Luke Cage and Iron Fist aren't MCU canon"
They aren't tho. Only the movies are canon
>>
>>89917768
They get ass blasted anytime a new Peter Parker book is announced
>>
>>89917833
YOU KNOW WHAT HE MEANT.

SYNERGY.

DIE, YOU UNDISCIPLINED PIECE OF FECAL MATTER!
>>
>>89917833
I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD-
>>89917821
Forgot the Defenders book.
>>
>>89917841
I've never seen that happen

are you faggots just projecting
>>
>>89917772
son, you may need to sit down...
>>
>>89917723
It's been a surprisingly long time since Spider-Man has had 2 ongoings at the same time.
>>
>>89917821
Are you forgetting about ResurrXion revitalizing the X-Books?
>>
>>89917869
just let me have this anon, it has been too long
>>
>>89917886
>Are you forgetting about ResurrXion
we all do
>>
>Zdarsky finally getting his Spidey series
YES PLEASE
>>
>>89917841
That's a lie, anon, for that to happen Miles would have to have fans.
>>
>>89917723
So is Slott officially off Spider-Man or is this another offshoot book like Spidey?
>>
>>89917869
I guess I'm out of the loop. Where is Slott going if Zdarsky is on the main spider book?
>>
On going Spider-Man book that isn't by Slott or Bendis? I'm interested. The little bits of Spidey that Zdarsky have been pretty good.
>>
>>89917915
it's another book like spidey
>>
>>89917723
>>ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How would you define the mission statement of Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man? What separates it from other Spider-Man stories/books?

>CHIP ZDARSKY: The main book, Amazing Spider-Man, has kept things fresh by stretching the character and his situation. It’s still classic Spider-Man at its core, but transposed into new settings. With this book, we’re using the same Spider-Man in-continuity but shifting the spotlight back to his NYC environment and supporting cast. But even though we’re pushing to make it a more personal book, we’re still going to have big adventures with ramifications that’ll be felt in his other books. If I had, like, a true mission statement for the title though, it would be: “Have fun, have heart, have stakes.” My personal mission statement going into the book is “With great power comes something something I don’t know I’ve never had power before.”
>>
>>89917897
As if those books are going to matter. Their lineup of creative teams is abysmal.
>>
>>89917871
He currently has that but RYV is non canon
>>
>>89917919
that's not the main book, Amazing is still the main one from what I've understood.
>>
>>89917919
It's not going to be the main spider book. ASM is not going anywhere.
>>
>>89917805
What were the other leaks?
>>
>>89917949
>>How do you see the interplay between the Peter Parker and Spider-Man identities?

>In a lot of ways, I feel that “Peter Parker” is the mask and—[laughs]—just kidding. Can you imagine? Spider-Man is kind of like when you’re a kid and you go to camp or a new school, and you think, “I can be a new person here,” but you invariably end up with the same problems because you’re still, you know, the same person. Peter can be having a crummy time of things, put on his Spider-Man outfit and feel like he can do anything. But inevitably his “Parker luck” spoils things, even as Spider-Man. And part of the fun of the character is seeing how he gets out of the holes he digs for himself. There are still periods where one is doing better than the other and I’ve always loved that aspect of secret identities. Peter could get a new job, a new girlfriend, but Spider-Man is accused of a crime and is public enemy number one. That’s the fun of Spider-Man, you’re playing with the outside perception of two characters.
>>
>>89917949
This book is going to be full of gay undertones.
>>
>Slott still on ASM
it's pretty much fucking nothing
>>
>>89917958
>>89917962
Well that sucks...
>>
>>89917950
That's why I said that we all forgot about resurrexion, because there is literally nothing hype-worthy about them. Even Hickman laughed on his tweeter that the response was underwhelming
>>
>>89917971
>>What are your favorite Spider-Man stories? Are there any in particular you’ll be drawing inspiration from on the new series?

>I’m a child of the ’80s and ’90s, so a lot of books from that time really imprinted on me. The mystery of the Hobgoblin hooked me as a kid. I also loved the stories that made you feel like Spidey was up against impossible odds. The classic scene from issue #33 of him struggling under the wreckage; his defeat of Firelord, Galactus’s herald; the introduction of Venom, which was terrifying; or when J. Michael Straczynski and John Romita Jr. introduced Morlun, an unstoppable, single-minded villain. Even though he’s been on teams, Spidey as the loner trying desperately to survive and save everyone is key. I also love stories that remind you of why you love the character. Superior Spider-Man managed to do that superbly while not even having Spider-Man as a character, which was incredibly bold with a fantastic payoff. I think those are the things I want to push in this book: impossible odds and reminding people why they love Spider-Man.

>>Adam Kubert is obviously a legend. What excites you about working with him on this book?

>It’s crazy! I can’t believe I’m getting to work with someone so synonymous with superhero comics. His work’s dynamic and rooted in the best storytelling, but he’s also got a great eye for humor and expression.
>>
>>89917741
>Miles fans

Nigga what?
>>
>>89917990
>>Spider-Man obviously has a long, complex mythology. What can you tease about potential new characters you’ll be introducing to that mix?

>Your head’s going to spin when you see all the senior citizen characters I introduce! Marvel keeps telling me to “skew young” and to keep my “weird fetishes out of their book” and that I’m “fired,” but I think audiences are clamoring for the next Aunt May! I’m also introducing Rebecca London, a recent transplant to NYC looking to have a career in stand-up comedy. Spider-Man, not Peter, is the only person she’s managed to meet since arriving in the city, so they strike up a friendship and … possible love connection? Marvel is thrilled with me that she’s (sigh) “age appropriate.”

>>The book sounds almost like a “back to basics” approach for Spider-Man. What do you think are the basic, essential components of the character?

>He’s misunderstood and underestimated, either as Pete or Spider-Man. He’s the mascot for New York City, and, like a sports mascot, that means he’s beloved by children and endured by adults. He’s the only street-level superhero who could beat a herald of Galactus in a fight. He feels things stronger than any other hero and covers that up with jokes. He’s Spider-Man!
>>
>Spider-Man obviously has a long, complex mythology. What can you tease about potential new characters you’ll be introducing to that mix?
>Your head’s going to spin when you see all the senior citizen characters I introduce! Marvel keeps telling me to “skew young” and to keep my “weird fetishes out of their book” and that I’m “fired,” but I think audiences are clamoring for the next Aunt May! I’m also introducing Rebecca London, a recent transplant to NYC looking to have a career in stand-up comedy. Spider-Man, not Peter, is the only person she’s managed to meet since arriving in the city, so they strike up a friendship and … possible love connection? Marvel is thrilled with me that she’s (sigh) “age appropriate.”

>weird fetishes
uh oh. it sounds like a trouble
>>
>>89917741
the real question is who would be butthurt since nigger spiderman has like zero fans
>>
This just makes me feel sad.

It's never gonna be good again, is it?
>>
File: Uncle ben I'm so sorry.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle ben I'm so sorry.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>89917723
This should be fun
>>
>>89917723
I´m gonna wait and see if it´s just going to be more sjw propaganda before getting excited about it
>>
>>89917737
What leaks?
>>
>>89918080
>sjw propaganda
What does this even mean anymore?
>>
>>89918118
leave your left wing safe space more and talk to normal people

might open your eyes why almost nobody reads comics nowadays
>>
>>89918056
Hah, nice reference to Dark Phoenix's death there
>>
>>89918133
I mean that these days just having a minority in a prominent role is enough to be labeled sjw propaganda.
>>
I feel like Zdarsky's biggest issues are with pure humor books and they can be solved with a more standard title that has some levity. I'm cautiously looking forward to this.
>>
>Spidey is marvel's star hero and his books sell on name alone regardless of quality
>Not hiring the best writers for it anyway

Never understood why they didn't do that. Sometimes it's better to spend moremif it'll ma,e them look good.
>>
>>89918176
not really

but keep up your straw-men will normal people abandon this industry completely
>>
>>89918176
Remember when comic fans were like "Oh boy, this cartoon/comic has lesbians!" and now it's all "TWO GIRLS KISSING? WHAT IS THIS DISGUSTING SJW PROPAGANDA!?"
The fuck happened?
>>
>>89917990
>>89918011
>He’s the only street-level superhero who could beat a herald of Galactus in a fight
Goddamnit, if there's one thing I agree with Dan Slott on it's that Spider-Man defeating Firelord was fucking stupid.
>>
>>89917871
Avenging/Superior Team-Up wasn't that long ago
>>
File: Double kek.jpg (96KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
Double kek.jpg
96KB, 800x437px
>>89917723
HAHAHAH HE LEAKS ARE TRUE, THANKS GO AND FUCK YOU SLOTT
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>89918225
What fucking leaks?
>>
>>89917723
Wow. Did Slott die? Not that I would celebrate his death or anything...
>>
>>89918201
shit happened. in other words, sjws happened
>>
>we want the rebirth audience
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Cuck Spencer BTFO
>>
>>89918223
It was almost 3 years ago.
>>
Anyone got a cap of those leaks?
>>
>>89918118
I strongly suggest not to take the bait, anon.
People either want to be assblasted or make others assblasted.

Me I'm just dissapointed Kelly isn't writing this book instead.
>>
>>Marvel announces SPECTACULAR Spider-Man
>>/co/ acts like some bullshit leaks are true
>>Even though it's called SPECTACULAR Spider-Man

You guys are just ridiculous.
>>
>>89918259
Well fuck. I've clearly done nothing in those three years because I swore they just finished last year. I'm gonna off myself now lads
>>
>>89918263
well, you can't be a sophisticated adult and read spider-man
>>
>>89918266
Pretty sure Busiek was the one listed for the Spiderbook too in the "leak" thread rather than Zdarsky.

Just shitposters wanting something to be true when it's clearly fake.
>>
>>89918266
> I also loved the stories that made you feel like Spidey was up against impossible odds. The classic scene from issue #33 of him struggling under the wreckage; his defeat of Firelord, Galactus’s herald; the introduction of Venom, which was terrifying;

Spidey getting a strength hoost confirmed
>>
>>89917871
Spidey was around from ANAD until NOWer.
>>
>>89918266
Way I see it, if not even Rich Johnston will dignify reporting a leak, there's no chance it's true.
>>
>>89918225
>>89918250
Slott is still on ASM
>>
>>89918279
I'm not sure I consider myself an adult in any way that matters, maybe in slowing metabolism?
Fuck being sophisticated though. What's the point of that?
>>
>>89917816
As Miles fan, I hope Miles dies or something. I liked him in the Ultimate Universe, and hated him immediately when he joined 616. It was a elseword story that should have remained elseworld unless they would have done a big brother/little brother mentoring story.
>>
>>89918279
ASM was always kino in comic form though
>>
>>89917737
What were the fucking leaks.
>>
>>89918326
To celebrate freedom as a United States of America citizen. And to make Miss Liberty shed a tear of pride
>>
>>89917723
>Zdarsky
Ugh...
>>
>>89917973
It can be filled with Peter getting assramed by Flash, so long as Slott and Bendis aren't writing it.
>>
>>89918328
I didn't like the move either, but the UU didn't stand any chance of continued existence. They wanted it deader than they wanted the Clone Saga dead back then.
>>
>>89917958

If only someone would kill Dan Slott. Straight up find him, put a fucking bullet in his head. Bendis too.
>>
>>89918201
Comic fans tend to lean conservative and they're neck bearded as fuck. So put two and two together and a liberal company like disney is suddenly invading their lifestyles. Dumbass stupid ignorant motherfuckers. I like comic fans but other comic fans make me want to see the industry die just so they don't have a excuse to leave their moms basement on Wednesdays anymore. I'm goddamn sick of going to get new comics and having to smell your in bathed filth once a month. If I could go into a movie premiere or Wednesday comic shop run and not smell rotting cheetoes ball sweat bo and Mountain Dew farts I would be so happy.
>>
>>89917723

I can't help but wonder what Tom King's Spider-man would be like. The most depressing thing ever, probably.
>>
File: 0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg (33KB, 660x825px) Image search: [Google]
0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg
33KB, 660x825px
>>89918564
>>
>>89918566
Have we ever had a depressing and dark Spider-man since Ditko?
>>
>>89917723
>No More Slott

Oh thank god, that's all I ever wanted.
>>
>>89918313
The Spidey book felt like movie synergy already since he was a young shrimp like Tom Holland. Why was it axed?
>>
>>89918621
Sales
>>
>>89918621
sales. turns out that people don't give a shit about movies in the comics.
>>
>>89918592
Not an argument.
>>
>>89918804
And yours is?
>>
File: Screaming for his.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Screaming for his.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>89917899
I was hoping for The Hyphenless Spiderman, but this'll do.
>>
>>89917816
>and he's trying really hard to push the True Spider-man meme.
No he isn't
>>
So, is Zdarksy good or not?
>>
Cant wait for my time displaced thor, cap, ironman books.
>>
>>89917723
Howard better be part of the supporting cast
>>
>>89918614
>dark, depressing Spider-Man
Only a billion times.
>Spider-Man vs. Wolverine
>Kraven's Last Hunt
>Both Sin-Eater storylines
>McFarlane's Spider-Man
>Peter losing his mind and mumbling "I Am the Spider" non-stop pre-Clone Saga
>Early ultra-angsty Clone Saga
>hobo Spider-Man during the reboot
>Back In Black/One More Day
>Grim Hunt
Not that these aren't all similar in quality by any stretch. They're all dark and depressive tho.
>>
>>89917950
>Their lineup of creative teams is abysmal.
What? They're fucking amazing on the Inhumans' side.
>>
>>89918862
That comic book fans are disgusting neckbeards.
>>
>>89919078
Including you?
>>
>>89919078
Not all if them. In canada i see tall slim guys.

Usa is just obese.
>>
>>89918046
It was never good.
>>
>>89919089
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E781QE7ZQK8
>>
>>89919114
Hence my fedora tipping.
>>
>>89918011
>I’m also introducing Rebecca London, a recent transplant to NYC looking to have a career in stand-up comedy. Spider-Man, not Peter, is the only person she’s managed to meet since arriving in the city, so they strike up a friendship and … possible love connection?
Oh goodie, another blue haired side kick+attempt to try and make us forget about MJ #4. Truly, they are listening to the fans.
>>
>>89919141
Still not an argument.
>>
>>89919344
Stupid argument, meet stupid counter-argument.
>>
>>89917949
>big adventures with ramifications that’ll be felt in his other books
Please stop.
Fucking stop.
>>
>>89917816

So you arent counting the SJW non readers as fans?
>>
>>89919277
What are the odds Chip inverts the trope and she's a new rogue?
>>
>>89917723
is this shirt goatse?
>>
>>89917971
>>In a lot of ways, I feel that “Peter Parker” is the mask and—[laughs]—just kidding. Can you imagine?
kek
>>
>>89917723
>Spectacular Spider-Man
>not a book written by Greg Weisman with art by Sean Galloway.

Yawn.
>>
>>89919722
That's Zdarsky for you.

>>89919835
>Weisman
Busy with that Captain Atom mini.
>>
Honestly, I'm just happy to have a Spider-Man book that isn't written by Slott.

>Spider-Man obviously has a long, complex mythology. What can you tease about potential new characters you’ll be introducing to that mix?

Hopefully she won't be a love interest, because new love interests have been terrible for him since Brand New Day.
>>
>>89919855
He's already done with it. The only work going on with it is Will Conrad's art.

However, he is busy with Young Justice, and I doubt he could work with Marvel while doing a DC cartoon. Plus his Marvel book bombed last year.
>>
>>89919835
Holy Shit that would be perfect. If there's one thing Weisman knows how to do it's supporting casts. The connection to the show would also be great for fans.

>>89919855
He can do more than one book at a time, especially since he's co-writing Captain Atom. He was planning to do both Last Padawan and Starbrand & Nightmask before they cancelled the former.
>>
>>89918910
Yes, he is. Bendis wanted to kill Peter in Civil War 2, but Big Pen Slott put him back into his senses. Slott even alluded to the incident in twitter.
>>
can someone post hte rest of the "leaks"?
>>
>>89918564
>nu-/pol/
I wish they went back.
>>
>>89917723
Thank god!
Kaine Parker: Scarlet Spider when?
>>
>>89920306
Right after Spidercide: Scarlet Spider
>>
>>89920344
Mattie Franklin: Spider-Woman
>>
>>89917808
>>89917737
What leaks?
>>
>>89917949
>It’s still classic Spider-Man at its core, but transposed into new settings

Does he really believe that, or is he merely parroting editorily mandated bullshit?
>>
File: At Least You Tried Marvel.gif (872KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
At Least You Tried Marvel.gif
872KB, 256x192px
>>89917723
>Spider-Man
Neat!
>Zdarsky
Well...
>>
>>89920390
He was probably forced to say it.

Spidey went from no one knowing his identity to a few people and some heroes knowing his identity to a massive number of people, heroes and villains knowing who he is.

It was neat when he used to be the last bastion of actual secret identities.
>>
>>89920483
>and villains knowing who he is.
Literally the reason OMD happened. How's Aunt May btw?
>>
>>89918263
After The Gauntlet/Grim Hunt, I'm not at all convinced that Kelly should write Spider-Man again.
>>
>>89917723
Watch as this ends up being canned within 12 issues like the last non-Amazing spider-man book
>>
>>89918928
Honestly? He's hit-and-miss.
>>
>>89920496
She's fine thanks. And you?
>>
>>89919531
Doesn't interfere with Peter's odds of fucking her.
>>
>>89920344
>Right after Spidercide: Scarlet Spider
People thinking it's Spidercide because of the costume didn't some people think Iron Man was Ultimate Tony when the first All New All Different poster came out?
>>
>>89919531
Enough of that trope it's been way too fucking overdone.
>>
>>89921085
People are retarded. Proof: >>89917169
>>
>>89921085
Just being cheeky because of the costume and because you can see him smiling in a very off-putting way.
>>
>>89921085
While I doubt it's Spidercide, a part of me hopes it is because this is a horrible way of bringing back Ben (I could take comfort in the fact that it's not exactly Ben, but they'll probably expect me to think of him as the real deal).
>>
>>89917723
I look forward to Mary Jane undergoing surgery to make her skin black.
>>
>>89921382
No, there's going to be a new character named Jane Marie Watts.
>>
>>89921420
>Jane Marie
/gif/?
>>
>>89917973
You can't put Spider-Man and gay in the same sentence without Johnny Storm
>>
>>89921311
He's going through his edgy faze after getting killed off and coming back same thing happened to Jason Todd.
>>
>>89920498
Yeah I think Kelly was the most overrated of the BND writers. He did some good stories but Grim Hunt was awful.

I did like Deadpool/Spider-Man far more, though.
>>
They promised us Fraction goddamn it. That said, Howard the Duck was actually pretty ok when it wasn't crossing over with GotG. There were actually some really sweet, emotional moments to it.

Also glad to see a "humor" writer on the book.
>>
>>89918088
>>89918342
>>89920383
Marvel moving away from identity politics/SJW stuff and doing stories about classic heroes doing superhero stuff
>>
>>89920089
>Plus his Marvel book bombed last year.
Yeah but to be fair they were relatively unknown characters to the general comic readership in the same way Foolkiller, Solo, and Slapstick were.

If they get Weisman to continue Spectacular Spider-Man his way in comic form with Cheeks drawing it, there would definitely be some interest. The only issue is that this would have to be negotiated between Marvel and Sony.
>>
>>89921704
How about his "Amazing Friend"?
>>
Zdarsky is new to writing big books and is still learning how to be a "comic book writer" but I'm excited to see where he'll go with it. Howard the Duck was pretty underrated.

This will honestly be the first time I've ever picked up a Spider-Man book in my life.
>>
>>89917737
What are you, an idiot? The last set of ""leaks"" didn't mention Zdarsky at all.
>>
I'm happy that Chip is getting big jobs like this but at this rate Sex Criminals will never have an ending which sucks.
>>
>>89917723
I'm kinda indifferent about this. His Howard the Duck had funny moments but was kinda cringy to read overall. Almost the same feeling I had reading his Jughead.
>>
>>89921840
grim hunt was great tho
>>
>>89919277
I rather have Betty or Felicia again.
>>
>>89921825
I still can't think of him as Ben, though. Not just because of his new attitude, but also because he's Ben's twenty-seventh copy rather than Ben himself.
>>
>>89918040
I like miles
>>
>>89922977
We know, Bendis.
>>
>>89922598
I know especially reading Ben's time as Spider-Man again in the Ben Riley epic storytime threads damn it reminded me of why I love the character in the first place this new attitude or personality is definitely different from the Ben we're used to but I hope they can bring him back to his old self over time.
>>
>>89922059
Gauntlet maybe was, but Grim Hunt no.
>>
>>89923017
I liked Grim Hunt too. I was cool to see serious Spider-Man.
>>
>>89917723
Maybe if enough people buy this Marvel will drop Slott from Amazing Spider-Man?
>>
>>89924418
That's what you said about RYV, and look how well that worked.
>>
>>89917741
>miles has fans
>>
>>89924505
>That's what you said about RYV, and look how well that worked.

Well we're 4 issues in and the book seems to be selling pretty good. So what's the problem?
>>
>>89921382
>>89921420
That was an unconfimed rumor by El Mayimbe, morons.
>>
>>89924952
>the book seems to be selling pretty good
This is a joke, right?
>>
Do people actually like Zdarsky? He's only somewhat funny on Twitter otherwise he's a meme writing hack.
>>
>>89924952
Only people who care about the marriage are austic whiners.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
>>89917723
What I keep seeing.
>>
>>89925227
Well link me a source, because I haven't see /co/ bitching about the book not selling well enough recently and as far as I know the book isn't in danger of cancellation or anything so I assumed the book was selling good enough
>>
>>89925731
Fuck you and fans of the mephistoverse.
>>
>>89925789
You mean the real universe and thevspiderman that is really spiderman.

A ring don't make a character autismo.
>>
>>89918118
Any time that someone takes a comic and makes it a soapbox for their own political viewpoints. Think of Ennis and how his books always have some hamfisted "Christianity sucks" element to them.
>>
>>89918887
Kek, I am dying
>>
>>89925783
50 Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #2 43,128

I can't find data for the newest issues, but here you go, it's already selling less than 50k by the second issue, and I doubt the X-Men issue will boost its sales by much.
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-12.html
>>
Surely Spencer will comment on how wrong this is right? I mean....surely he's not a raging triggered hypocritical faggot?
>>
>>89924952
>the book seems to be selling pretty good
Have you looked at the sales for any of the issues past #1? Because no it fucking ain't.
>>
>>89925706
His comedy comes off extremely try-hard and usually pretty unfunny as a result, but when he actually tries to be serious it ends up being really good.
>>
>>89922977
Get out
>>
>>89926312
Why would Spencer be mad about this?
>>
File: giphy.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
904KB, 500x532px
>>89917741
>Captain America: Steve Rogers
>Captain America: Sam Wilson
>Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man
>????????: The Spectacular/Amazing Spider-Man
>>
>>89925854
Comic book stories ain't real. Enjoy reading your devil tainted Batman/Stark wannabe.
>>
>>89927720
>calls a character "devil tainted" in the same sentence he calls comic books "not real"
Wow
>>
>>89927720
Total retard.
>>
>>89927237
Sam is soon done being cap. And amazing is still peter.
>>
File: tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png (171KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny1cp8ZbHP1ul80vfo1_1280.png
171KB, 1280x1280px
>>89917723
>That shitty costume is finally gone.
>>
>>89917741
Why the fuck does that character have fans?
>>
>>89927971
Look at the logo, dumb frogposter. It's still here.
>>
>>89918910
He straight up said that the reason the book is called "Spider-Man" is because Miles is /the/ Spider-Man.
>>
>>89917821
>Promoting your flagship character is MCU pandering.

Next you're gonna tell me that DC should stop making Batman and Superman books.
>>
>MARVEL'S SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN COMIC BRINGS PETER PARKER BACK TO BASICS

>http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/14/marvels-spectacular-spider-man-comic-brings-peter-parker-back-to-basics

So Parker Industries rests in kill?
>>
>>89928028
The spider design is fine. The shitty green neon lights is stupid.
>>
>>89917971
>>In a lot of ways, I feel that “Peter Parker” is the mask and—[laughs]—just kidding. Can you imagine? Spider-Man is kind of like when you’re a kid and you go to camp or a new school, and you think, “I can be a new person here,” but you invariably end up with the same problems because you’re still, you know, the same person.

He shows promise.
>>
>>89918011
>I’m also introducing Rebecca London, a recent transplant to NYC looking to have a career in stand-up comedy.

Muh vagina.
>>
>>89927819
Is English not your first language or do you have problems seeing periods? Either way, it explains why you enjoy reading the Mephistoverse.
>>
>>89918564
Close, but no cigar. Comics are contrarian in nature.
>>
>>89927123
see
>>89928138
But I'm sure it's fine when Marvel does it.
>>
>>89928138
>So Parker Industries rests in kill?
We already knew that, Osborn brings it crashing down.
>>
>>89928553
Spencer made those comments about DC because he hates their editorial and he doesn't seem to have that problem with Marvel.
>>
>>89928138

It just seems like this is Parker in NYC doing classic shit and ASM is Slott doing his thing he has been doing

no idea what nick spencer has to do with any of this
>>
>>89928553
When Marvel does what?
>>
File: Capture.png (417KB, 725x563px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
417KB, 725x563px
>>89917863
Had to look it up to see if what anon was saying is true. Sadly it is.
>>
>>89928759
Spencer was criticizing Rebirth's back-to-basics approach
>>
>>89929717
I have a Twitter. What should I say to them?
>>
File: just fuck my shit up fam.png (913KB, 2112x1228px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up fam.png
913KB, 2112x1228px
>>89930046
Tell them that Miles is uninspired trash with no personality then call it a day. They can't refute it because it's true.
>>
File: mpv-shot0404.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0404.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>89919986
>I’m also introducing Rebecca London, a recent transplant to NYC looking to have a career in stand-up comedy.

eeeeeeeeeew
>>
>>89930172
>cancel all spider-man comics and have one miles morales book from black creators and call it a day
because black people should only ever get to write black characters, right? way to go
>>
>>89930172
When Miles starts making money he'll get more comics.
>>
>>89930326
When Miles can have a full year of comics without being derailed by an event, he'll start making money.
>>
>>89930326
I fear for the success of the upcoming movie.
>>
Is this Chip lad a good writer?
>>
>>89930355

Shame that doesn't stop them from pushing Carol
>>
>>89928666
That was his latest DC rant. He did one a while ago about how Rebirth sucks because of it's 'meat and potatoes' approach.
>>
>>89930321
This is why Priest quit the big two, at least DC offered him Deathstroke.

Also Marvel didn't let him do a black joke when he was doing that Deadpool roast issue because it might be offensive to black people.
>>
File: mpv-shot0423.jpg (336KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0423.jpg
336KB, 1920x1080px
The comedy thing worries me.

Characters are supposed to be funny in universe are never really as amusing as a character who's just naturally witty.

It's like comparing the Kelly and Way deadpools. One of them wrote the character as funny and witty and it came off naturally but then Marvel got the idea that DP's shtick is HE'S WACKY AND FUNNY and it was never even a tenth as amusing
>>
>>89920549
Yeah, his main problem is that he thinks he is funnier than he is. If Marvel had editors, he would probably have a decent amount solid runs.
>>
>>89918011
>He’s misunderstood and underestimated, either as Pete or Spider-Man. He’s the mascot for New York City, and, like a sports mascot, that means he’s beloved by children and endured by adults. He’s the only street-level superhero who could beat a herald of Galactus in a fight. He feels things stronger than any other hero and covers that up with jokes. He’s Spider-Man!

So when does he get the main book?
>>
>>89930742
If he sells more than Slott. This is our chance to finally slay the demon, let's not let it pass.
>>
File: 1484726314740.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1484726314740.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>89918566
It'd be great anon.
>>
>>89930172
>Tell them that Miles is uninspired trash with no personality then call it a day

Should I add in bland? As in he's bland uninspired trash with no personality?
>>
>>89930867

no personality kind of includes bland. It'd be a bit redundant
>>
>>89930867
Nah, that's redundant with "no personality" already being included. Also, call him Kid Arachnid instead of Spider-man.
>>
>>89930577
Way started that shit of the lolsorandumb crazy Deadpool.

Kelly writes a real good DP although his current Deadpool isn't as good as the way he used to write him.

I like how Duggan writes Deadpool, even if it isn't my favorite version of the character Duggan balances the serious with the funny stuff and his Deadpool has a tragic feel to him since he eventually ends up screwing up every good thing that he has or happens to him.

Nicieza did a good Deadpool in Cable & Deadpool and I feel like Reynolds channeled his version of DP besides channeling some of Kelly's (minus the fact that Kelly's old DP was really fucked up and got the jollies from torturing Blind Al).
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>89930891
>call him Kid Arachnid instead of Spider-man.

This never ceases to amuse me.
>>
>>89917723
Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SpWAnBjdNg
>>
>>89918328
How would you feel if Miles made a heel turn and became a villain?
>>
>>89931014
Not that anon, but it seems to be the only way you can take a character like that to make him entertaining. You don't even have to make him go "full villain", just bad enough to cause major conflict between him and the heroing community.
>>
>>89930452
Like the other anon said he's "hit and miss".

His Howard the Duck was OK, his Star-Lord so far is pretty boring but it might pick up (although it kind of suffers from Peter being on earth and Chip making the stupid decision to acknowledge Humphries' shit).

Spider-Man might be good so whi knows.
>>
>>89918566
>The most depressing thing ever, probably.

What if Rick Remender wrote Spider-Man?
>>
>>89930890
>>89930891
I have a bit of a dumb question. If I directly reply to a tweet will my followers be able to see it on their feeds?
>>
>>89931460
Sometimes, it's kind of weird about it. You should retweet-reply instead.
>>
>>89931460
That's only if you put something before the @ or they follow both you and the person you're replying to. Also, they can search on your profile to see if they feel like creeping on you.
>>
>>89930962
yea because having 2 spider men with the exact alias works so well
>>
File: ScreenShot_20170214212226.png (12KB, 591x160px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_20170214212226.png
12KB, 591x160px
>>89931509
>>89931563
What if I say what I want to say and then I copy and paste the link to the tweet below it, like pic related?
>>
>He doesn't like seeing rich and successful Peter Parker
>He claims to be a fan

How do you people justify your doublethink?
>>
>>89931865
That's subtweeting and therefore bad form desu, you should do what I told you and retweet-reply, same thing as what you're doing now but the person you are replying to gets a notification.
>>
>>89931899
I don't like seeing Peter be the poor man's Iron Man.

And besides, he didn't even earn his degree, that was Ock.
>>
>>89931899
>He likes Peter Parker as a multi-trillionare
>Claims to be a fan.
>>
>>89932018
anyone who like peter stark dont have taste at all
>>
>>89932095
>anyone who like peter stark dont have taste at all

More like Peter Stank.
>>
Peter being a billio aire is not something easy to retcon or conveniently ignore.

How can he have a normal job again with every single person around him having an "he used to be a billionaire CEO" thought bubble for the rest of time? Even if he donates all his money or give his company to someone more competent he'll still be kind of a celebrity
>>
>>89932187
Anyone who uses MCU memes has no taste at all either.
>>
>>89932269
My boy Peter has Strange on speedial. Someone claimed Kobik would undo it.
>>
>>89932269
Who's ready for OMD2?
>>
File: ScreenShot_20170214213629.png (237KB, 512x584px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_20170214213629.png
237KB, 512x584px
It is done.

>>89930172
Maybe I'll reply to the rest of those tweets when I have time.

>>89931509
>>89931563
>>89931945
K, thanks.
>>
>>89932509
You're lame as fuck dude

Just ignore them
>>
>>89932509
He's black though. That automatically makes him better than the character with more than 50 years of backstory who happens to be white.
>>
>>89932581
Shut the fuck up Ian.
>>
>>89932581
Do you think I should delete the tweet then?
>>
>>89932685
Do you man
>>
>>89932509
>>89932685
ManiaFanatic please.
>>
>>89932685
Don't you dare ManiaFanatic. You're /ourguy/ now, you signed the contract when you delivered.
>>
>>89932703
>>89932734
>>89932837
Okay I won't delete the tweet. Also is there even a point to covering up my name and handle now that all of you people know me?
>>
>>89932950
ManiaFanatic, this is the Internet. Finding out who you were was child's play.

Also, that is not what I meant by "retweet-reply" but whatevs
>>
>>89932509
>ManiaFanatic

oh hey

you follow me on twitter
>>
>>89918910
>>
>>89933802
>I like you better anyway

Is Peter actually that annoying of a guy for the avengers? Is she jelly he's stronger than most of them?
>>
>>89919277
A fucking female comedian oh god.
>>
>>89933883
Pete tends to be annoying to anyone who doesn't know him that well.
>>
ANOTHER spider-book?
couldn't they just use their current MCU-experiment Spidey™ ?
>>
>>89921825
Jason was always edgy though and is still edgy now. Ben might've been angsty over his status as a clone but he was certainly not edgy.
>>
>>89930172
Well that and because they've never read a comic book with Miles in it or any comic book for that matter.
>>
>>89918014
>weird fetishes

/ss/ with Felicia
>>
>>89934309
>couldn't they just use their current MCU-experiment Spidey™ ?

It didn't sell well enough and got cancelled.
>>
>>89933883
It's more of a "Let's really push Miles as being the real Spider-Man" thing, not so much Peter is annoying. Captain America respects him, Wolverine respected him, Luke, Danny, Jessica, and Peter all got along really well. Tony respected him pre and post Civil War, Carol had the hots for him.

It's literally that they're just trying to make Miles seem more popular.
>>
Whatever theyre going back to basics. But with new characters sticking around.

Wonder what amazings relaunch will be.
>>
>>89935063
>not so much Peter is annoying
Have you not read a single Avengers comic starring Peter since he was added in the first place? He's been "that one really annoying guy that everyone hates" since NA #1. In-universe, characters find his constant bantz to be extremely obnoxious.
>>
>>89933883
Her not liking Peter is a nod to Jan not liking him back in the day.
>>
>>89917723
nice
>>
>>89917723
>In a lot of ways, I feel that “Peter Parker” is the mask and—[laughs]—just kidding. Can you imagine? Spider-Man is kind of like when you’re a kid and you go to camp or a new school, and you think, “I can be a new person here,” but you invariably end up with the same problems because you’re still, you know, the same person.

>Your head’s going to spin when you see all the senior citizen characters I introduce! Marvel keeps telling me to “skew young” and to keep my “weird fetishes out of their book” and that I’m “fired,” but I think audiences are clamoring for the next Aunt May!

I don't see why people were complaining earlier. This guy sounds great. Is there anything else he's written that would make me question his talent?
>>
>Adam Kubert is drawing
Hmm
>Chip Zdarsky is writing
Eh, not sold, Like Scarlet Spider, I'll keep an eye on it.
>>
>>89938285
I think the only other time he's written Spider-Man was in Howard the Duck.
>>
>>89935210
Your example is subpar writing?
>>
>>89936352
Why did Janet not like Peter?
>>
>>89932981
>Also, that is not what I meant by "retweet-reply" but whatevs

Well I retweeted, then I replied. I assumed that's what you meant by "retweet-reply".
>>
>>89926102
How does being anti-religion/christianity make something SJW or Propaganda. you know you can read opposing views without getting cooties, right?
>>
>>89938925
Because "wasps and spiders are natural enemies". Seriously, this was back in the 60's. Then every other writer realized it made Janet look like a complete idiot and after Janet generally is friends with Peter.

Having Nadia have that antagonism toward Peter avoids regressing Janet but it might not really help when there's readers who are already wondering if Nadia's mentally challenged.
>>
>>89932342
Okay Mr. Stank :D
>>
>>89938486
If you want to discredit sub-par writing then you have to discredit almost every Marvel comic since the early 90s.
>>
>>89939744
It actually makes some sense now that Totems are a thing. Wasp Totems naturally hate Spider Totems.
>>
>>89939869
I hate to say it but I think at this point almost every Marvel comic from the 90's is better written by comparison. At least they pretended to give a shit about reasonably consistant characterization half the time.
>>
Call me when we get a good writer on Miles. If we get the definitive run of Miles out of this it'll be hilarious, literally taking shit and making it gold.
>>
>>89918014
>Marvel keeps telling me to “skew young” and to keep my “weird fetishes out of their book” and that I’m “fired”, but
Kek. Dare you enter Chip's magical realm?
>>
>>89918928
Anything is better than slott.
>>
>>89939874
Totems don't make sense at all. Wasp isn't part animal like Peter is, she just uses the name. Did they /really/ need to take the character to a mystic place?
>>
>>89940108
How about we just flush the shit down the toilet instead? Fuck that character, I can't wait for him to die off.
>>
>>89932018
>Peter is defined solely by his lack of wealth

wew some hot opinions here

His differing characteristic to Tony is that Tony is an asshole.
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.