[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>D-digital sales are better for these kinds of books I still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: Pasties.jpg (111KB, 550x850px) Image search: [Google]
Pasties.jpg
111KB, 550x850px
>D-digital sales are better for these kinds of books
I still can't comprehend this. I've seen the Comixology Weekly Ranking Threads, and they place like shit (Often beyond the Top 50, since this is Weekly Ranking anything beyond Top 20 or even 15 is either a back issue on sale or terrible sellers). Are people just fucking stupid? Literally the only book I know of that places better in digital is Wicked + Divine.
>>
>>89910488
>marvel

See, there's your problem. Give them a couple years to fix up everything.
>>
I mean Marvel thinks it's doing well enough to keep going. It's got what 3 trades worth? That's a pretty solid run these days
>>
a lot of the comics that skew towards a female demo probably do a little better digitally, but I still don't get why they don't release those sales figures
>>
>>89910589
Digital sales figures are my biggest frustration with comics. C'mon, just tell us what they're selling, you assholes.
>>
The people who claim that are assuming you're too lazy to look at the Comixology weekly reports since it's not officially compiled anywhere. They are almost always grouped around the same books digitally as they are physically.

Sometimes the Bookscan (bookstore sales) lists are interesting but that's about it.
>>
>>89910488
>Here, sign my tablet

Is this artist retarded?
>>
>>89910861
That actually seems normal. You sign the non-screen side then put a clear case over it so you can look at it.

It's weird that they pulled up the book on it first though.
>>
>>89910589
>a lot of the comics that skew towards a female demo probably do a little better digitally
Don't know how accurate this is.

"Injustice" is the most successful digital book and wasn't exactly aimed at girls.

And don't know why Marvel feels this need to always appear successful even when they clearly are not. Just fucking say, "okay, this book sells like shit and we really aren't making any money of it, but we are willing tot ake the hit to reach a new audience". It is the kind of declaration that would help the book and Marvel's image.

Also, where is Spencer's twitter to comment "Hellcat is a success *sells like rotten shit* Hellcat is a success *people aren't even aware of this book* Hellcat is a success..."
>>
>>89910861
Isn't this the comic with webcomic tier art? Retardation is possible, if so.
>>
>>89910488
"Digital sales are better" is code for upper management is keeping this alive.
>>
>>89911044
The art is cute. The real problem is the writing, which is webcomic tier writing.
>>
>>89911044
The art was very amateur. It had a decent aesthetic to the point where maybe with some training it could be pro level but it was not good as is.
>>
The regular artist is good. What /co/ bitches about all the time was a guest issue by Natasha Allegri
>>
>>89911264
I dropped the book after two or three issues, but only because of the writing. I a huge Dustin Nguyen fan, and I thought it was as solid as his stuff.
>>
>>89911004
>"okay, this book sells like shit and we really aren't making any money of it, but we are willing tot ake the hit to reach a new audience"

Isn't that basically what Didio did for All-Star Western?
>>
>>89912465

and Jaime Blue Beetle.
>>
>>89911264
Is she the one who made Hellcat go all chibi? Does she still do that? I only read the first issue.
>>
>>89912465
>>89912474
and R.E.B.E.L.S.
and Manhunter
>>
>>89911106
Because upper management is being fellated by Kate Leth.
>>
>>89911264
Looks like webcomic trash.

The stunted legs are a dead give away.

Reminds me of the Willis midgets.
>>
>>89910488
>>D-digital sales are better for these kinds of books
Means theres no concrete numbers to go by, aka P.R. talk for you can't PROVE it's not selling online like the physical copies.
>>
>>89912585
Kate Leth is a writer before being an artist, and a cock-sucking slut before being a writer.
>>
>>89912585
>>89912706
Did Kate Leth fuck the editor at Comic's Alliance to bag a regular gig?
>>
>>89912725
>does Kate Leth suck cock to get ahead in the world of comics

Well it certainly isn't her stellar writing and artistic skill that is getting her jobs.
>>
>>89912781
>suck cocks
>get a"head"
Kek
>>
>>89912465
>>89912474
>>89912504
I'd suggest that Marvel should give this kind of support to good-but-unpopular books rather than bad books that make them look good, but they don't really have anything like that at the moment.

And to be fair, they've done it a few times in the recent past.
Superior Foes got a few extra issues and they really didn't have to keep Spurrier's X-Men Legacy going for 25 issues.
>>
>>89912813
I think they really tried with Vision too though the sales there didn't crater (possibly because King started with Batman in the second half and that may have kept the numbers up a little).

I'm sure it's probably just that they must have gotten some focus group people telling them that pretending like there's success is better than admitting you're basically doing creative charity.
>>
>>89912781
Does anyone have the Twitter complication where Leth is bragging about how she was fucking a 40 year old married man with terminal cancer?
>>
>>89912919
that usually gets deleted, not sure if it causes a ban too but you're better off checking the archive for it
>>
>>89912926
>not sure if it causes a ban too
It does.

t. guy who got banned for revealing what a slut Kate Leth is
>>
>>89913529
Kate Leth probably sucked off all of the 4chan mods and janitors.
>>
File: NYT July 24 - Aug 14, 2016.png (645KB, 1872x2232px) Image search: [Google]
NYT July 24 - Aug 14, 2016.png
645KB, 1872x2232px
>>89910488
Little girl comics sell, just not at Marvel.
>>
File: StayAlive062714.png (416KB, 700x680px) Image search: [Google]
StayAlive062714.png
416KB, 700x680px
>>89912725
Nah, she threatened suicide.
>>
>>89913997
She sucked me off in an alley in Vancouver
>>
>>89914513
You too?? Who hasn't been sucked off by her?
>>
>>89914482
Why didn't she go on with it? Whyyyy?
>>
>>89914331
And look at how little even this board cares about them.

Notice ignorant and insular everybody in this conversation really is.
>>
>>89914675
Because they're mostly shit.
>>
>>89914331
And I don't think W.I.T.C.H. has left readcomiconline top ten for that site's entire existence and half of that book is a metaphor for puberty.
>>
>>89915185

I mean, I'm sure little girls read WITCH, but let's not pretend a huge part of the fanbase aren't teenagers of both sexes.
>>
>>89915205
Does t matter who is reading it? The target audience is clearly adolescent girls and I thought the argument was that series with that target aren't successful.
>>
>>89914482
Haha, i'm sure more than half the kids drawings give her are better than whatever she's able to produce.
>>
>>89910589
They don't release digital sales numbers because they don't HAVE to. They don't release print sales numbers either. Diamond releases a list of the top selling comics with an index based on what Detective Comics sold that month. So they'll say Hellcat sold 8% of Batman. The numbers are extrapolated based on estimated sales numbers on what some retailers are selling. They are not accurate.
>>
>>89911264
Sorry, anon, but while Hellcat is drawn decently (on a Batman tBatB level of "decently"), but that humanoid figure on the right is just atrocious. I mean, wtf is that neck, wtf is the center of balance, wtf is with those shoulders? I mean, sites like Hawkeye Project would have a field day with it – I mean, if they were actually concerned with female anatomy in comics, and not just outraged at sexy female costumes.
>>
>>89912585
That's libel! Kate Leth only sucks off married cancer patients.
>>
>>89914331
>Tiny Titans never sold this well
god I'm mad. It was basically this but more cuter and funnier, except yeah, less daughterfus.
>>
>>89912919
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Kate_Leth
>>
>>89910488
>>89910589
releasing sales figures publicly when you're not required to would be insane

I just find it kinda funny that people here get upset about "SJW" comics when Marvel is just throwing literally everything at the wall to see what sticks
>>
File: leth.png (487KB, 800x892px) Image search: [Google]
leth.png
487KB, 800x892px
>>89912919
>>
>>89916858
They're trying to appeal to a different audience, and willing to spend some time and money doing so. Much like doing the Power Pack comics a few years ago, they are building up some stories to have stuff available to see how it sells. Likely the experiment will end when they see it was a loss.
>>
>>89916858
>Marvel is just throwing literally everything at the wall to see what sticks

Why do all the comics seem the same then?
>>
>>89916899
because you only expose yourself to the ones that make you mad

you live in a little internet bubble
>>
>>89916965
>>89916858
Found the SJW.

You probably think that the only SJW comic in existence is Bitch Planet. Because you agree with most SJW comics, and thus don't consider them SJW
>>
File: shrug.jpg (18KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
18KB, 252x200px
>>89917131
You realize this is a thread about hellcat, right?

Try to put 2 and 2 together, son.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.