[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mfw there will never ever EVER be another kids animated show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3823.jpg (49KB, 316x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3823.jpg
49KB, 316x465px
mfw there will never ever EVER be another kids animated show as good as Avatar the Last Airbender
>>
File: 1280px-AltamiraBison.jpg (407KB, 1280x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-AltamiraBison.jpg
407KB, 1280x1039px
>tfw there will never ever EVER be another painting as good as Bison Just Sorta Stands There
>>
I don't know. How could I?

Here's a better question: How the fuck did something good ever get greenlit by Nickelodeon?
>>
Nope. Literally the best animated show to come out of the West.
>>
Avatar was a mistake. Now, people are comparing all the new shit shows to Avatar, and people are realising how much of a hack Modern Animation is.
>>
>>89909735
Watching this for the first time right now.

I liked voltron so I wanted to see what its predecessor was all about.
>>
>>89910946
glad you are watching avatar, its a masterpiece
>>
>>89909735
Um, Steven Universe exist.
>>
>>89909735
we can only hope

I'd settle for a couple of good cartoons over one great one right now though
>>
>>89909804
Kids these days just can't appreciate the symbolism.
>>
File: Pacifica 7.jpg (104KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
Pacifica 7.jpg
104KB, 1024x767px
>>89909735

The Legend of Korra and Gravity Falls were close enough.
>>
>>89911056
Everyone point at this anon and laugh.

>>89909735
Good, we don't deserve great material.
>>
>>89909735

season 3 was a trainwreck
>>
>>89911056
Here is your (You)
>>
File: lapity.png (47KB, 617x583px) Image search: [Google]
lapity.png
47KB, 617x583px
>>89909735
if Steven Universe weren't created in the middle of the animation shit age, then I'd expect it to be on par with Avatar really.
>>
>>89914938
GF maybe

I like Korra and I wouldn't even compare it to Avatar
>>
>>89909735

But Voltron is already shaping up to take it's mantle.
Really, it only depends on how much of a son of a bitch they make Lotor in season 3.
>>
>>89914986
You always say this, it wasn't that bad. It did have some pacing/writing problems, and is a definite step down from book 2, but it was still good overall.
>>
>>89911056
ahahahahahahahaha

>>89915023
Sorry but all of SU's problems are with the crew and their incompetent handling of the show from both writing, art direction AND storyboarding.
>>
>>89915139

literally my first comment in /co/

It was shit and you know it
>>
>>89915156
Congrats /co/mrade.

It is possible for something to be flawed and still good. Season 3's pacing was shit, the build up to the finale was practically non-existent, the romance was contrived and stupid, and the writing was a bit hammy at times. However, it also had some great 'stand alone' episodes like Avatar and the Firelord, Firebending Masters and Southern Raiders. The Finale was great too, even with the lion turtle bullshit and random, protruding rock.
>>
>>89909735
Try Thunderbirds Are Go.
>>
Robotech
>>
I'm watching it for the first time and Zuko going back on his development at the end of season 2 was really disappointing desu.
>>
>>89911056
(you)
>>
The Wakfu/Dofus franchise is close but not as good. I also think SU and AT are about as good they're just not as tightly written.

Something better will probably come eventually, it just may not be for a while.

>>89915426
That's just three anime edited together.
>>
>>89909735
Avatar wasn't even the best kids cartoon when it was airing.
>>
>>89917320
Pray tell, what was then?
>>
>>89909735
Avatar was trash though. A TON of wasted potential.

>>89915023
It is on par with Avatar. That's nothing to be proud of though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.