[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bestseller List 2/13/17

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

File: DC950.jpg (163KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
DC950.jpg
163KB, 600x922px
>1. Detective Comics #950
>2. Justice League Of America: Rebirth #1
>3. All-Star Batman #7
>4. Flash #16
>5. IVX #4
>6. Wonder Woman #16
>7. Suicide Squad #11
>8. Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #7
>9. Titans #8
>10. Action Comics #973

Holy crap, we're only 27 away from AC 1000 and only 50 away from DC 1000. Also, X-fags continue to buy anything.
>>
>Instead of the usual Marvel vs DC comments, it’s worth noting that we have FOUR books in our top 10 with female protagonists! That’s an excellent thing to see, and I expect Batwoman next week to chart very high as well.

>We’ve seen increased interest in Runaways because of the show, also Silver Age Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Thor and X-Men issues. Not sure what’s driving that but happy to move some quality older product.

>Low, low, LOW sales this week. DC had some of their best selling titles out this week and Marvel had releases. Image had solid sellers but no hot new #1 that might push the BigTwo out of the way for a spot on the list. Unworthy Thor was the best selling of Marvel’s three spots on the list at #4. IVX and Guardians of the Galaxy took spots #9 and #10. Detective was our best seller, edging out All-Star Batman which took me a little by surprise. Moonshine was my favorite book of th week.

>Doctor Aphra took the top spot with JLA Rebirth in striking distance, but the 40th anniversary variants keeping it at arms length. IVX and Kingpin were the other Marvel books on the list and DC Comics took the other seven spots since not independents seem to catch readers eye this week.

>Anything X-23 was sought after on the back-issue front.However noticing that DC Rebirth titles were having to be replenished at least twice on most titles.

>Another week, another unimpressive result for a Marvel launch, as Kingpin fails to chart for my store, or even really garner any interest at all. You’d think with the popularity of the character on the Netflix Daredevil that people would be interested, but not so much. Most customers seem to be saying, “Not another Marvel book. They have enough already.” Sad.
>>
>Justice League of America did a little worse than I expected, as it didn’t beat Detective or All Star Batman, but it still sold well. I wonder what this means for late-in-the-game Rebirth books like Batwoman and Super Sons (if anything at all).

>Speaking of Rebirth, most of the books seem to be charting in exactly the same place as the last time they came out. There’s been a lot of articles on here about “High Returns” and “DC Rebirth – A failure?” but I’m not seeing it. I returned a small envelope of covers back around issue 2s or 3s, and that’s been it. Sales have held up consistently with no-where near the usual attrition rate, which in my mind, is far more important than huge initial launches with vast plummets, right?

>Fairly standard week for us here with Batman and Spider-Man related books taking the top 4 spots. IVX continues to sell at the same numbers each week, probably due to X-fans being grasping at anything X-related before the new titles come out.

>DC dominates the top ten yet again with only Doctor Aphra & Moonshine representing other publishers. I have noticed a lot of online Marvel bashing and that is not what we are doing. It does seem that Marvel has lost some of the focus that they are famous for. Marvel books still sell, but it seems that the new Marvel books are not connecting with readers. Daredevil, X-men, and single character books like Black Widow and Cap still have concise sales. The obstacle I notice is books like Foolkiller, Slapstick, Mosaic, IVX (when considering it an event book), Solo, Deadpool the Duck and the latest Hawkeye simply don’t sell in “Marvel” numbers. I am on my way to the Comicpro meeting and I hope to really brainstorm with Marvel executives.

>Batman! Batman!! BATMAN!! 4 of this week’s top ten featured Batman including last week’s Batman #16 which beat most Marvel books. Long live King Batman! Side note : Can’t wait to see that Lego movie :)
>>
>Big week for DC with two Justice League titles in the top ten (JLA Rebirth was our number one seller) followed by a solid block of their other big name books including Action Comics, Detective Comics, and Wonder Woman. The only Marvel title to crack the top ten was IVX which hangs by a thread with even our most vehement X-Men readers. I’m hoping the relaunch that follows this lukewarm event will provide a much needed resurgence of sales and confidence in Marvel. But with Rebirth continuing it’s streak of pumping out solid stories even over half a year later, Marvel finding it’s place back on top doesn’t seem too likely. flo

>On the bright side, Marvel does have six books in the top twenty with Unworthy Thor falling just outside the top ten. The books that we do sell of Marvel seem to be the ones that embrace the history of the publisher and call back to previous status quo and continuity that our readers discovered and fell in love with. These new characters taking familiar roles just aren’t pulling people in the way Marvel seems to hope they will. The one exception to that rule is All-New Wolverine. But that can be chalked up to having an actually competent creative team working on the book.

>As for Indie books, we actually sold more of two books from fringe publishers than from Image or Dark Horse. Black #4 (from Black Mask) and Unleash #4 (from Amigo) both sold enough to place inside the top twenty. These are two books that garner a strong and pretty passionate following in our store due to them being the favorites of two of our employees. We’d love to see more books like these find a larger audience.
>>
>In the back issue department, we’ve been selling a handful of X-adjacent books like X-Factor and X-Force from the early to mid-nineties. We’ve also started selling more and more Old Man Logan related story-lines with a pretty big spike in sales for the first trade. Along with the usual sales of Spider-Man back issues, we actually probably sell more Marvel from twenty years ago than we do their current stuff.

>Wow, a total shut out on Marvel titles. All DC in the top ten. Marvel is bleeding out sales in store. Still sadly. My next Preview order is bare bones for Marvel. Even Star Wars Doctor Alphra now looks in a free fall. Readers that used to get all Star Wars titles are dropping it. If Marvel isn’t going to get back into the race till 2018 then this year is going to be a joke for Marvel sales. People that read that don’t take it poorly. I want Marvel to sell. I would love to sell hundreds of each Marvel title. Years ago I would never have thought it would be possible Marvel would sink so low sales wise. Putting out titles such as Solo, Foolkiller, and Slapstick is not a good business plan. If comic store owners can look at the first issue description from Previews and know they will not last even a year or a year and a half why even put them out?

>It’s all about the Flash. Rebirth early issues to current issues are being bought by new readers.

>Rick and Morty continues to be our #1 selling book. Images 90’s table has been on fire as well. Great week for Silver age comics.
>>
>>89894982
>There’s been a lot of articles on here about “High Returns” and “DC Rebirth – A failure?” but I’m not seeing it. I returned a small envelope of covers back around issue 2s or 3s, and that’s been it. Sales have held up consistently with no-where near the usual attrition rate, which in my mind, is far more important than huge initial launches with vast plummets, right?
Spencer on suicide watch.
>>
Sauce? Is this the Bleeding Cool thing?
>>
>>89894936
>Also, X-fags continue to buy anything.
It's a fucking sadistic Catch-22 Marvel has set for X-Men fans
>>
>>89895345
It is.
>>
>>89894936
I wonder if Secret Empire will do anything about this.

/co/ is pretty pessimistic about it but I wonder what its like outside the echo chamber.
>>
>>89896008
It will sell well but underperform Marvel's expectations.
>>
>>89894961
>it’s worth noting that we have FOUR books in our top 10 with female protagonists!
>The quality of the books doesn't matter, all that matters is that there are women in them!
Fuck this shit.
>>
File: Secret Empire Hype.jpg (63KB, 623x715px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Empire Hype.jpg
63KB, 623x715px
>>89896008
>/co/ is pretty pessimistic about it but I wonder what its like outside the echo chamber.
>>
>>89896430
wew
>>
>>89896008
It will probably be good but won't sell great, probably around the same as Standoff.
>>
>>89896008
Even Comixology Weekly Rankings affirm most of the rankings here in Rich's article.
>>
>>89896426
Quality never mattered. Didn't you get that from months of them dismissing Foolkiller as a mistake because it isn't A-list?
>>
>>89896008
Even Marveldrone strongholds like NeoFag and CBR seem kinda lukewarm on it. I think it will sell ok but not great.
>>
>>89896430
Marvel Rebirth can't come fast enough.
>>
File: didio hope.jpg (61KB, 463x450px) Image search: [Google]
didio hope.jpg
61KB, 463x450px
>>89894936
>>1. Detective Comics #950
>>2. Justice League Of America: Rebirth #1
>>3. All-Star Batman #7
>>4. Flash #16
>>6. Wonder Woman #16
>>7. Suicide Squad #11
>>9. Titans #8
>>10. Action Comics #973
Man, we must be doing something good.
>>
>>89894961
>Not sure what’s driving that
Wanting to read good Marvel, duh.

>>89894982
>There’s been a lot of articles on here about “High Returns” and “DC Rebirth – A failure?” but I’m not seeing it
Only the desperate do.
>>
File: hm..jpg (50KB, 633x514px) Image search: [Google]
hm..jpg
50KB, 633x514px
>>89894936
>>1. Detective Comics #950
>>
Question!!:

When is Comichron releasing the January 2017 sales?
>>
>>89897305
To clarify Diamond is the one who releases the list and Comichron just compiles it.

Honestly it should be today but I don't remember getting the top 10 last week so maybe the timing has shifted.
>>
>>89894936
Titans sells a lot better than I'd think it would/should.
>>
>>89897318
I assume sometime this week.
>>
>>89896430
He bad mouthed CW2 but that sold very well.
>>
>>89897356
>>89897400
Oh, ok. Thanks guys
>>
>>89897404
It sold somewhat better than Age of Ultron, Original Sin, and AXIS but looked weak coming off after Hickman's Secret Wars and weak in comparison to the sales on the original Civil War. On top of that it might've hurt sales on tie-in titles.
>>
>>89897252
What's your issue with it?
>>
>>89894961
>DC had some of their best selling titles out this week and Marvel had releases
S A V A G E
>>
If I was an editor at Marvel or DC I would force everyone to do continuous storytelling that's independent from other books, force everyone to make accessible books in which a lot of stuff happens so people don't feel ripped off and make them all 40 page monthly books.
>>
>>89897474

Nothing. Just smirking that an issue that centered around Cassandra Cain was #1. I can almost feel the face palms those who hate the character like Barbara is. But eh, the character deserves something good after being shat on for so many years. Counting the Beechen years. I thought B&RE was average.
>>
>>89897527
And then you'd have to close up shop because you'd have about three people able to turn in books that met your requirements.
>>
>>89897645
Detective Comics has been a top seller since rebirth though, you cancerous charcterfag.
>>
File: happy JS.jpg (17KB, 280x294px) Image search: [Google]
happy JS.jpg
17KB, 280x294px
>>89897527
I like you.
>>
>>89897404
It underperformed for an event comic.
>>
>>89897779
Haha, alright buddy
>>
>>89897956
>Marvel's centerpiece event supported by line wide tie-ins and paid promotional material across Disney's media network where EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.
>Beat by a JL/SS mini-event
>Beat by an X-Men/Inhumans mini-event
>Beat by a ridiculously delayed Batman maxi-series.
>Beat by two standard Batman issues at 12+ issues.
>Needed overships to make it to that point.

>It underperformed for an event comic.
>Haha, alright buddy
>>
File: December 2016.png (43KB, 716x298px) Image search: [Google]
December 2016.png
43KB, 716x298px
>>89898168
>>
>>89898168
It also preformed very poorly compared to Marvel's last big event (Secret Wars).
>>
>>89894982
>>Batman! Batman!! BATMAN!!

Has there been a point since like the 80s where this wasn't the case? Don't Bat books always clog up the Top 10?
>>
>>89897004
It came and went. It was called Secret Wars.

It didn't work out so well.
>>
>>89898270
>Has there been a point since like the 80s where this wasn't the case? Don't Bat books always clog up the Top 10?

Did you only just start reading comic books in the 2010's? Cause Batman wasn't always a Top 10 bestseller, much less the other Batbooks.
>>
>8/10 on Rich's list
pffft. Those stores are obviously biased against making money and are clearly not representative of the whole market
>7/10 on ComiXology
t-those aren't also aren't representative because reasons.

Marvelfags in full denial mode.
>>
File: jej.jpg (93KB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
93KB, 718x960px
>>89897527
That's DCYou minus the 40 pages
>mfw story trumps over continuity
>>
>>89897645
Cool! I thought it was a great issue, and Cass is a great character who I agree hasn't been treated as she deserves.

Even though, as a Steph fan, I'm sad she wasn't in it for more than a line and a panel. :)
>>
>>89897103
kek, i keep seeing this. anyone have the full picture?
>>
>>89898378
DCYou was shit, Rebirth is the way to go.
>>
>>89898204
>DK III has 119, 114 issues in sales.
>IvX has 167,703 issues in sales.
>Both $5.99 price tag.
>DKIII made more money thank IvX, with a #2 vs #3 ranking in dollars.
This is that "Marvel is shipping people comics for free so they don't look bad" thing, isn't it?
>>
File: didio.jpg (434KB, 1280x1942px) Image search: [Google]
didio.jpg
434KB, 1280x1942px
>>89898395
>>
>>89898425
>The Lanterns aren't in the correct spectrum order.
REEEEEE
>>
>>89895106

>Nick Spencer killing himself

My one, true wish.
>>
>>89898462
>and they're incomplete
MORE REEEEE
>>
>>89898407
DCYou was good except for what was happening in the A-List books (well the Truth arc had some promise until the ending crossover where it shit itself), which is why it failed.

>>89898419
yeah
>>
>>89898538
>DCYou was good
Nope.
>>
What's the current market share percentages?
>>
>>89898407
New52 was the way to go. Both DCYou & Rebirth are at the extreme poles of storytelling. New52 had a good mix of nostalgiawanking and new, fresh plots. All that was missing was Wally, Donna and a bunch of other Titans and that was everything necessary to set DC back by 30 years
>>
>>89898555
You mean yes. Which is part of why Rebirth works, the DCYou style ideas are in minis or Young Animal now while the A-List books are being properly revitalized. Can't have all one thing because it doesn't suit every creative team.
>>
>>89898557
Marvel still destroying DC. 40-45% to 25%
>>
File: Nbotb2078wa.jpg (115KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Nbotb2078wa.jpg
115KB, 1024x576px
>>89898425
Holy shit, they're all DiDio? Thanks family. Did you guys know he worked on Reboot?
>>
>>89898538
I thought DC You was trying a bit too hard to be Marvel Nower, and even though I liked some things (I think JimBats gets a bad rap), I do not want two Marvel Nowers.
>>
>>89898644
The rebirth era minis are not only safe but also crap.
>>
>>89894936

>IvX selling this well

Why are X-fags such massive cucks?
>>
>>89897404

A huge event comic should top the charts every month. It frequently lost to regular old issue of Batman
>>
>>89898660
Now I want DC to publish a ReBoot comic.

>>89898631
>>89898538
I loved Valentine's Catwoman.
>>
>>89898647
>Marvel still destroying DC. 40-45% to 25%
This is that "alternative facts" thing, right?
>>
>>89898740

My nigga!

I liked that run too!
>>
>>89898631
>New52 was the way to go
No.
>New52 had a good mix of nostalgiawanking and new, fresh plots.
Hell no.

Almost every character was an edgy faggot, they basically turned them into Marvel characters. The New-52 was for the most part complete trash.
>>
File: 1476165346954.jpg (55KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1476165346954.jpg
55KB, 416x416px
>>89895009
>On the bright side, Marvel does have six books in the top twenty
>This is a bright side now
>>
>>89898647
You're confusing your fantasy for reality.
>>
>>89895042
>Rick and Morty continues to be our #1 selling book

Where the fuck is this store?
>>
>>89898863
senpai there's been hundreds of threads where people posted specific pages disproving that very claim. I dont have the patience or the willpower to look it up myself. All I can say is read all the books under the new52 banner again and you'll find out you're wrong
>>
>>89898863
>The New-52 was for the most part complete trash.
Then why did you read it?
>>
>>89898863
pleb opinion.
>>
>>89898983
>where people posted specific pages disproving that very claim.

>random 1/100 pages somehow outway the other 99 edgy shit pages
>>
>>89896008
Tumblr is, unsurprisingly, lukewarm to enraged about it depending on who you're talking to.
>>
File: RR26.jpg (18KB, 278x282px) Image search: [Google]
RR26.jpg
18KB, 278x282px
>>89899336
Seriously, how do you know? Are you a hatereader? Because hatereaders are fans in denial.
>>
>>89898555
>>89898740

>Valentine's Catwoman
>Grayson
>Robin SOB
>Gotham Academy

DCYou was a great time to be a Batfag
>>
>>89898820
Thats because marvels publishs more books.
>>
>>89897689
The turn arounds on that book and Green Arrow in particular are fucking nuts.
>>
>>89899368
I'm a DC fanboy that read almost all the New-52 out of sheer love of the properties themselves.
>>
File: Really nigga.jpg (4KB, 119x120px) Image search: [Google]
Really nigga.jpg
4KB, 119x120px
>>89899803
>out of sheer love of the properties themselves
You mean you like it in the ass, right?
>>
>>89899864
>not letting your girlfriend peg you
gay
>>
>>89898983
n52 is not a monolith of bad or good, but I believe it made several crucial missteps, one of the biggest being the uneven nature of what they kept and what they got rid of. Morrison was too powerful to get rid of the Robins, but he didn't push hard enough for Steph and Cass, and that pissed a fair chunk of readers off (including myself). Dick and Jason came out well, but Tim was really hurt in terms of fanbase.

Obviously, I left after a few months of the n52, and haven't read much that isn't necessary to catch me up to Batman Eternal, which is when I jumped back on. I think there were some good things, but a lot of it (Death of the Family, Simone's Batgirl run, Birds of Prey) were incredibly inferior to what came before or after them.

>>89898740
I was really into Valentine's Catwoman as well, even though the "Catwoman is bi" thing was overhyped like woah. It was just really solidly written. A shame she didn't get to wrap all the threads up nicely - the ending felt really rushed.

However, I can understand why people who actually like Catwoman as a character didn't like it - it was telling a different story. I think a worthwhile one, but it's not a standard story about Catwoman, and doesn't appeal to most of the things that Catwoman usually appeals to. And it was never going to last.
>>
>>89899533
Turn arounds - how fast they get the art done? Or how fast fans change their minds about it?

>>89899430
Very true. :)
>>
>>89900669
>A shame she didn't get to wrap all the threads up nicely - the ending felt really rushed
Low sales. I was enjoying that calm but tense pace ;_;
>>
>>89900746
Yeah. But Tieri didn't make sales better. There was a tiny bump, but ending sales were absolutely horrible.
>>
>>89900795
They should have hired Steven Grant instead. He also likes to make crime comics without final shootouts.
>>
>>89900834
It just frustrates the heck out of me that their reasoning - low sales - didn't actually make sales better, so we lost a really strong run and what could have been a really strong ending for some incredibly disposable stuff.
>>
>>89900714
On sales. They were both struggling before Rebirth.
>>
>>89901315
Ah. Well, Tynion has the fans he built up with the two Eternals, and bringing Batman back to the title along with fan favorite characters was bound to bring fans back. And Ben Percy has said that everything he wanted to do and was allowed was opened to him with Rebirth.
>>
>>89898339

This.

Batman has only really been a consistent top 10 since Morrison's run, and that probably has something to do with the Nolan Batman movies (resparking interest in Batman for some and introducing new audiences for Batman).

Also Capullo's art on Batman for five years under Snyder's run made it kind of a must buy.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.