[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it be good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1487014118225.jpg (62KB, 552x835px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487014118225.jpg
62KB, 552x835px
Will it be good?
>>
There's a decent chance but ultimately it depends on whether editorial fucks it up for not
>>
>>89894813
>spencer
nope
>>
>>89895078
>falling for the "Spencer is bad because he said something that hurt my feelings on twitter!" meme
wew lad
>>
>>89895478
no, the only good thing he did was Superior Foes and Ant Man, everything else has been trash. He only does comedy
>>
>>89894813
>Will it be good?
>Marvel's bringing in an entire team of artists to make sure all the issues go out and they just get this over with.
Eh.
>>
>>89895078
Spencer is a good writer, he's just a bad person. Have to divorce the person from the professional output.
>>
>>89895770
>Let's Just Get This Over With: The Event

I'm glad Brooks is getting some high profile covers out of this tho
>>
>>89894813
Marvel events are never good
>>
>>89895686
The Fix is great, Captain Hydra has been a fun ride, and Standoff was good. Beyond that, there was nothing wrong with Avengers World other than the focus and pacing being all over the place by design. What comics of his were "trash"? THUNDER Agents? UXM? Bedlam? Morning Glories? What about those made them "trash"?
>>
>>89895836
you fags also said Fraction was good
>>
>>89895770
Between Civil War II and Secret Wars, I'm perfectly happy with them going the "let's just get this over with" route when it comes to events. Fuck having "summer" events lasting until the next year.
>>
>>89896041
He was. He just got too far up his own ass the second he had any success and that affected the quality of his output.
>>
>>89895917
But Spencer wrote a Marvel event that was fine (Avengers Standoff).
>>
>>89896050
Isn't this 10 months long?
>>
>>89896133
That was a family crossover, not a linewide event
>>
>>89895836
I don't think Spencer is a bad person, but something made him go insane in the past year. Like, the response to Captain Falcon and Captain Hydra really got to him.
>>
>>89896134
No. It's double-shipping with 5 different artists to keep the schedule. CWII and SW got delayed to hell and back because they only had one artist working on them and they couldn't keep up.
>>
>>89896329
>something made him go insane in the past year
Him and everyone else in the world.
>>
Probably, but everyone will crap on it for being
A: Hydra glorifying
B. Event Fatigue
>>
>>89896050
>Between Civil War II and Secret Wars, I'm perfectly happy with them going the "let's just get this over with" route when it comes to events.
It's 10 issues long, so they're not in some kind of rush mode for events overall. The reason they're in "let's get this over with" mode is, if rumor is to be believed, they're basically going pull the Marvel Rebirth stunt but they're too in deep with the politicized Captain Hydra run to change course now. This has undoubtedly ruffled Spencer, since he's been shitting on Rebirth and the meat-and-potatoes approach for months and it likely prompted his newest anti-DC outburst late last week.
>>
>>89894813
Probably not. Spencer is decent when playing in his own little corner like in Ant-Man, a sizeable chunk of his Cap run, creator-owned stuff, etc.

Where he frequently fails is with these big line-wide-affecting stories. For reference, see Utlimate X-Men.
>>
File: 1409147818838.gif (1018KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1409147818838.gif
1018KB, 500x700px
>>89896576
>UXM
>linewide affecting story
The closest thing to a linewide affecting story that Spencer has had was Standoff, which was good.
>>
>>89896512
kek
>>
>>89894813
all he have is hope
>>
>>89895686
whats your opinion on captain hydra then?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.