[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does DC insist on ruining Watchmen's legacy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1443833993652-1.jpg (665KB, 903x964px) Image search: [Google]
1443833993652-1.jpg
665KB, 903x964px
Why does DC insist on ruining Watchmen's legacy?
>>
because you deserve it

yes you personally
>>
It's a shit comic written by a hack writer. Who cares?
>>
>ruining
If DK can survive DK2, Watchmen can survive anything.
>>
Just cherrypick your canon. The majority of the new books are going to be forgotten in 5-7 years anyways.
>>
>>89884977
Because the moment they don't do anything with Watchmen Moore gets the rights back.
>>
File: Penny (12).png (453KB, 965x720px) Image search: [Google]
Penny (12).png
453KB, 965x720px
>>89884977
Money on the idiots who are stupid enough to buy into it.
I already know two people who fell for this shit.
>>
>>89885023
Donkey Kong 2 wasn't that hard of a game
>>
>>89884977
Because at some point along the line DC realized having artistic integrity didn't make you nearly as much money as peddling cheap shit to jackasses that think Rorschach is a hero and take the story completely at face value.
>>
File: ending of sleepaway camp.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ending of sleepaway camp.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>89885303
>Implying Rorschach did anything wrong
>>
Alan Moore makes comics for cuckholds. He's angry because his wife left him for a lesbian that's why there's so much rape in his comics
>>
Am i the only one who doesnt mind this?

I like that there is some looming story in the long term to look forward to.
>>
>>89884977
Watchmen's legacy was ruined in the 90s when a bunch of people thought "wow everyone loves Watchmen, it must be because of the edgy bits and the asshole anti-hero protagonist!" and proceeded to make comics accordingly
>>
>>89885349
not just any lesbian, his live-in girlfriend
>>
>>89885346
>Implying even though a broken clock is right twice a day, it isn't still a broken fucking clock.
>>
>>89885039
pretty sure they just have to keep the trades in print but there's no requirement to use the material
>>
Watchmen still makes money and WB couldn't give a fuck about why.
>>
>>89885003
this
>>
>>89884977
>ruining Watchmen's legacy?
no, anon. Watchmen will always be grand no matter what comes the same way ATLA is still amazing while Korra is trash.
>>
On the one hand, continuing a completed story that really had no unresolved plot threads is pretty stupid.

On the other hand, there's the chance that it makes Alan Moore upset, even if he's mostly numb to it by now.
>>
>>89887191
Does this look like a man numb to how DC and Marvel fucked him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRLl-cb2ntI
>>
>>89884977
Johns got big off taking a throw away bit from a throw away Green Lantern Moore story (The Spectrum Wars and the Blackest Night) and made his career off it, basically. I feel like there was something else he used that came from Moore, but I don't recall right now.
So now Johns feels like he is the "take Moore stories and expands on them" guy, which is fine, but Watchmen is a little too far.
>>
>>89888009
Infinite Crisis is a garbage sequel, it's not just Moore's stuff.
>>
>>89884977
because they're the worst company on earth
>>
>>89885039
I accept it ;-;
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.