[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone glad to see Weird Al doing more and more voice acting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

Anyone glad to see Weird Al doing more and more voice acting for cartoons? I love this man, give him more work.
>>
>>89870481
His last album sold well so he doesn't need the money. I think when cartoon creators found out he is easy&cheap to get they give him more offers.
>>
>>89872537

I think it's more likely that the kids who were his fans in the 80s and 90s are now grown up and making their own cartoon shows, which is why they're suddenly hitting him up left and right for cartoon gigs.
>>
>>89870481
Wasn't he in the Star Vs. ep Trickster?
He's plays a lot of bad guys recently.
>>
>>89872650
He's been a thing for three decades. The last generation of his fans already grew up. Why now?
>>
>>89870481
Weird Al is a god. I hope he outlives me.
>>
I miss Comedy Bang Bang
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
I am Wreck-gar! I dare to be stupid!
>>
>>89872947
Mistakes were made...not many, but they were crits.
>>
>>89872834
He made the same album for 30 years. Why was the last one successful? Luck.
>>
Seeing Weird Al live was fantastic. Between each song, he would have montages of stuff he's been in playing. In fact
>>89872947
was a clip that plays, and they immediately started Dare to Be Stupid.
>>
>>89873029
If I recall, Poodle Hat is his only album to date that isn't Platinum.
>>
>>89872877
Me too. Weird Al was so much better than Kid Cudi. Reggie is still the best though.
>>
File: Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich.jpg (23KB, 307x204px) Image search: [Google]
Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich.jpg
23KB, 307x204px
So which role surprised you the most when he appeared in a show
>>
>>89870481
>*sigh* Son, Weird Al was a sad man who blew his brains out in the 1980s when people stopped buying his music.
What did Hank mean by this?
>>
>>89874145
He was very very wrong.
>>
>>89874145
Mandala Effect that's the worst timeline.
>>
>>89874037
Which is a pretty solid track record.
>>
>>89872704
He did the role while he was doing other work at the Disney Studio. Probably why Mark Hamill shows up in shows from time to time as well.
>>
>>89874037
Platinum afaik isn't the same as 30 years ago. They lowered the bar. It's possible that he earns much less today.
>>
>>89870481
>Anyone glad to see Weird Al doing more and more voice acting for cartoons?
I've never seen Weird Al do voice acting.
Wouldn't it be more interesting to see the cartoons he's doing the voice acting for instead?
>>
>>89870481
he is voiceacting the main character on the Show Milo Murphy's Law..
but atm. the show is on hiatus
>>
>>89874560
Because Swampy Marsh went a bit nuts past November.
>>
>>89874493
Platinum is a million sales with varying degrees of multiple (Double, Triple, Etc) Until Ten Million which is then Diamond.
>>
>>89870481
His head has gotten longer as he's gotten older. That shit ain't normal.
>>
>>89874793
Nah its just noticeable without Facial hair and the perm.

Jedi song was eerie back in the day seeing him cut and clean shaven.
>>
>>89873029
The last one was successful due to a youtube marketing campaign. And just being generally good.

We actually learned back in the days of Napster, with actual studies on the topic, that if people know in advance they'll like an album (through piracy) they're actually MORE likely to buy it.
>>
>>89874827

And steer away from the things that are generally shit.
>>
>>89874827
It was REALLY good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_CGa8_cmZ8
>>
I love Milo Murphy, but Disney doesn't.
>>
>>89874095
Darkseid.
>>
>>89870481

I think he retired from making albums because he knows Youtube is doing a fine job making material that rivals his. No doubt he has inspired a lot of people.

My favorite example,Transformers Animated, Season 2, Episode 4: Garbage In, Garbage Out.
Weird Al plays Wreck-Gar, a garbage truck that comes to life as a transformer and is very gullible. Hijinks ensue.

Trivia: At one point, he declares "I dare to be stupid!" A reference to his song "Dare To Be Stupid" which is was put in Wreck-gar's battle scene in the 1986 Transformers Animated movie.
>>
File: hillnod.gif (948KB, 312x176px) Image search: [Google]
hillnod.gif
948KB, 312x176px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8zPMQsMLRk

>LET THE PUN FIT THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>crime.

Every fucking time.
>>
>>89875416

THE SKY IS ON FIRE!!!
>>
>>89872537

Al doesn't need major income anymore at all, he does this stuff because he's awesome, dudes made tons of money over the decades.
>>
>>89874827

Yeah but its worth noting that with the death of the CD that kinda thing went out the window... music started going digital with the iPod and other mp3 players, and whats the diff between a pirated album and the same thing bought off iTunes or whatever.

I did actually still buy Cd's during the reign of Napster though because it was still a relavent format people used, now the only cd player i have is my computer/ps3
>>
>>89874095
>Barney and Friends
never again
>>
>>89870481
>voiced rapey child murder in that one shitty Batman movie, Batman and Son? No, the other one, with the court of owls

It was uncomfortable.
>>
>>89876711
I can't even imagine Al playing a 100% serious role.

I mean, just thinking about Al and what he would sound like when he's depressed or pissed is making me feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>89874037
Tbqh poodle hat is his worst album.
>>
>>89874095
This
>>
File: 1150159719-2117993186.jpg (34KB, 285x216px) Image search: [Google]
1150159719-2117993186.jpg
34KB, 285x216px
I cant be the only one that wants this to come back right.

It would work really well as a netflix series or maybe ashort youtube series

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XEOwTeI9geI
>>
Why is

dare to be stupid the best song ever
>>
>>89877312
I could see this working as a show for adults disguised as a children's show, kind of like Wonder Showzen.
>>
>>89873991
He does put on an excellent show. Saw him live a few months ago. Best show I've been to.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.