[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Flash movie is being rewritten from page 1 What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 54

File: 144399.png (410KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
144399.png
410KB, 600x300px
>The Flash movie is being rewritten from page 1

What went wrong?
>>
>>89849709
It was the exact same premise as the CW series, but inferior in all ways - which is really saying something.
>>
File: vlpbyvcg2lpqflijglq7.jpg (19KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
vlpbyvcg2lpqflijglq7.jpg
19KB, 620x470px
>>89849709
The entire DCEU.

Snyder and Goyer saying that their main inspirations for it were Whatchmen and (Will Smith) Hancock doesn't help.
>>
>>89849709
blue lightning.

colors should be crimson and gold.
>>
>>89849709
Nothing
>>
>>89849709

Cyborg.
>>
>>89849790
It's white not blue. But it shouldn't be white because white is Wally's color.
>>
>>89849834
NOBODY FUCKING WANTS TO SEE CYBORG ON SCREEN.

Or in comics, for that matter! For Christ's sake, couldn't DC have picked a different black/hispanic/not-white character for their diversity push? Nobody's cared about Cyborg since the Teen Titans cartoon ended.
>>
>>89849859

it always liked blue to me, maybe the depressing monochrome filter is playing tricks?
>>
File: 1429665781597.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1429665781597.png
165KB, 600x600px
>Marvel is assembling the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Spider-Man and Black Panther for the ultimate capeshit epic
>DC can't figure out how to make a story with the fast guy

What is so hard? Why are they fucking up so bad? They can't even manage to get a mediocre cash grab film off the ground?
>>
>>89849895
It's not DC, it's WB, they are very dumb
>>
Is anyone else prepared for Justice League to be REALLY bad?

I figured it was going to suck, but the leaks and rumors have me readjusting my expectations downward. I think it may be a cataclysmically awful film now. We might be talking Plan Nine From Outer Space levels of bad.
>>
I don't know but I'm pretty sure 3 directors backing out of the project had something to do with it

By the way, they sure found a new director for Batman fast compared to this guy
>>
>>89849963
>Is anyone else prepared for Justice League to be REALLY bad?
I've been prepared ever since MoS.

And I thought MoS was just okay. I just knew that if they were going to make Justice League film following that movie, it wasn't going to turn out good

Did everybody just forget Wonder Woman was happening? There's been like no news on that compared to everything else in the DCEU
>>
>>89849963

I think we're about to venture into "Fant4stic Four" levels of bad

I'm genuinely curious to see how Snyder does a humourous upbeat movie. Seems a bit outside his comfort zone and he might do it badly
>>
>>89850013
>Did everybody just forget Wonder Woman was happening?

I just honestly think the general public doesn't care about her as a character as much as someone like Batman or Harley Quinn. Whether WW turns out decent or not, I'm predicting it underperforms at the box office similar to the way Thor did. Nobody wanted Thor, they wanted more Iron Man. Nobody wants Wondy, they want more Batman.
>>
>>89850014
There have been leaks that have called the first cut of the movie "cheesy." So, humor that isn't funny.

There was also some guy right here on /co/ who claimed to have seen a first cut, and compared the Flash to Jar Jar Binks. There's no way to know if he was being truthful, though.
>>
>>89850084

Has anyone on /co/ who ever claimed to see an early cut of a movie turned out to be truthful?
>>
>>89850137
Yes.
>>
>>89850137

There was this one Marvel leaker once who was fucking dead-on accurate about everything from film to television, but nobody believed him at the time and the thread went ignored
>>
Just cancel all the live action shit and go all in with the Lego Cinematic Universe. Already like 5 movies planned anyway.
>>
>>89849709
WB hired Snyder.
>>
>>89850137
The guy who was leaking Fant4stic stuff was 100% accurate
>>
>>89849709
Forcing Cyborg in.

>>89849895
If they made a generic action-super film, they'd get ripped for copying Marvel. They don't really have much of an out anymore.

>>89850084
I really don't get the Jar jar comparisons. annoying? superfluous character?

>>89850181
I'm willing to bet that was Trank himself
>>
File: 1373704289466.jpg (18KB, 471x301px) Image search: [Google]
1373704289466.jpg
18KB, 471x301px
>finally get interconnected DC universe movies
>nobody knows what they're doing
>it's shitshows left and right
>>
>>89849976
Well, it's Batman. The Flash, despite the TV show's success, is still way too obscure for a lot of people to want to take on.
>>
>>89850013
nobody seems to care about WW which was already a bad sign since forever
>>
The problem is that Warner Brothers and DC alike have only ever really seen their highest levels of success, fame, and critical acclaim with Batman.

And they learned the exact wrong lessons from that. Their entire DCEU is framed through the lens of "It's nice, but it'd be better if this was more like Batman." So Barry can't be a jokey guy unless it masks his inner pain. Superman can't be uncomplicated because complicated tormented existential angst is what sells. Green Lantern was a failure not because of eight different scripts jammed together or terrible effects or phoned in acting or even because it was a space opera set on earth for 90% of the movie, the problem WB thought the movie had was that it wasn't dark or edgy enough.

Batman is what went wrong, because it's the thing that went so right.
>>
>>89850082
>I'm predicting it underperforms at the box office similar to the way Thor did.
Thor 2 did better in the domestic box office than Man of Steel. They'd probably WANT Wonder Woman to get Thor numbers.
>>
>>89850748
But what about Suicide Squad which everyone said was supposed to be dark and edgy and then they changed it at the last minute to be more light hearted?
>>
Just stop, WB.

Start over from scratch.
>>
>>89850804
Look at the reaction to Suicide Squad.
Nobody liked BvS, so what did they do? They ramped up the amount of Joker in the marketing. Trailers stopped being "What if Superman ripped off the roof of the white house" and more "Look kids! Batman villains! Batman cameos!"

And look at what happened afterwards.

Suicide Squad ends up getting a mildly more positive response, and now WB wants Gotham City Sirens movie.
>>
>>89850804
You're forgetting that because of Suicide Squad, the takeaway from that is "we need more Batman villains to get their own movies. For Batman"
>>
Those Cyborg rumors sounded terrible. Fucking hell, there's enough Flash material to cover already and they want to cram Cyborg in because he needs to be relevant.
>>
>>89849895
Because DC only seems to hire directors who have their own "vision" for what the characters should be/look like, rather than use the years worth of source material and keep it simple.
>>
File: You Just Dont Get It Bro.jpg (29KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
You Just Dont Get It Bro.jpg
29KB, 400x534px
>>89849709
Zack Snyder.

Literally every DCEU problem can be summed up with that.
>>
>>89849774
>Hancock
Jesus Kal-el Christ, really?
>>
>>89849876
And Cyborg only mattered in Teen Titans because he was plugging his USB into Jinx.
>>
File: low.png (246KB, 485x486px) Image search: [Google]
low.png
246KB, 485x486px
>>89849709
>sacked for being too similar to Flash tv show
>mfw the show gets cancelled before it uses all the good ideas up
>>
>>89851318
While Zack does hold much of the blame, the WB committee is also at fault. They butchered SS. Though I doubt the original cut was much better
>>
>>89850153
>>89850165
>>89850181

links you fuking idiots
>>
Anybody got some fresh leaks or rumors? We're getting pretty close to release and I really haven't heard much out of WW or JL aside from casting.
>>
>>89849876
The new comic is kind of hokey, but fun.

It helps when they gave him an actual supporting cast and more characterization besides MUH HUMANITY.
>>
>>89850748
>Batman is what went wrong, because it's the thing that went so right.

To quote The LEGO Batman Movie, "DC: The House that Batman Built."
>>
>>89851389
They should cancel all the CW shows. They're not that great
>>
>>89851430

Early test screenings say both are shit.
>>
>>89851488
Dubs confirm, but I'm dying to hear some actual info
>>
File: Batfleck Logic.png (461KB, 749x745px) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck Logic.png
461KB, 749x745px
>>89851409
That committee put HIM in charge.

People seem to have forgotten before BvS, all the interviews were implying he was the Feige on the DCEU, listed as producer for every DCEU movie. He literally designated the story for each film in the initial slate, including Wonder Woman AND Justice League.
>>
Hopefully they restarted and cut Cyborg so to build the Titans movie instead
>>
>>89851430
For JL
>Ancient earth repelled Darkseid thousands of years ago
>Several Mother Boxes were left on earth, divided amongst man, atlanteans, and amazons
>A hive of Parademons has been dormant within the earth during current day
>Steppenwolf, signaled after Luthor's plot, wants the boxes so he can boom tube Darkseids forces
>Cyborg will play a big part in saving earth given his own encounter with the devices
So yeah it's basically a remix of Justice League War if the rumors are true
>>
>>89849876

People want to see him with the Titans. Not the justice league
>>
>>89851601
>Ancient earth repelled Darkseid thousands of years ago

Darkseid is a weak villain if primitives beat him.
>>
>>89849876
Pretty much no legitimate reason for picking Cyborg over Mr. Terrific or Vixen. Or hell even Bumblebee if you're going to graduate a Titan, at least she is historically relevant as DC's first black female hero and they realized she was marketable since she's all over the kid shit these days.

No Black Lightning I understand since there was some awkwardness with the creator that had to be smoothed over, but there were better choices than Cyborg.
>>
>>89851389
CW Flash is ass. I was really hoping it'd be good too
>>
>>89851753
>Mr. Terrific
Integral to JSA.

>Vixen
She was picked before Cyborg, actually. But, story-wise, she hasn't as much to offer as Cyborg.

>Black Lightning
Again, promoted before Cyborg. Just didn't catch.
>>
>>89851814
Im not saying cw show is good, its just that theyre doing everything already
>>
>>89851678
It sounds pretty stupid doesn't it? And why would Darkseid sit on his ass this long? The only explanation I could see is the old gods helping back then
>>
>>89851462
They are entertaining enough.
>>
Hollywood is full of the biggest chucklefucks who've ever lived.
>>
>>89851753
Mr. Terrific is a legacy character and would make even less sense as a founding JLA member than Cyborg.

The reason it's Cyborg is because he's the most recognizable black DC character and that's it. The Teen Titans cartoon was popular with the generation who will be the primary audience for this movie and TTGO is popular with the generation who will be buying all the toys from this movie.
>>
>>89849709
The best script they had was reworked into the first season of CW Flash.

They've never been able to recover.
>>
>>89849709
>What went wrong?

The Flash started having problems the minute Ezra Miller was cast. WB wants Ezra Miller to happen, but no one gives a damn about him. They even tried putting him in Fantastic Beasts and everyone forgot about him a day later.
>>
>>89849709
We have the best on-screen Barry Allen.
Just make him Wally, or give the fucking job to Grant.
>>
>>89852142
It's a different universe. They can make him not a legacy character.

And if they made Mr Terrific a JL founder in the new 52 and pushed him in all the DTVs and video games by now casuals would know him. That's no excuse. They had time to choose literally anyone else to promote and they fucked it up.
>>
>>89852424
You're grossly giving Grant more credit than he deserves. He's a subpar actor who hardly does the character justice
>>
>>89849709
The timeline, DAMN YOU, BARRY!
>>
>>89852439
Making Mr. Terrific no longer a legacy is no less stupid than making Cyborg not a TT member. Either choice is retarded, so they might as well go with the character that's already somewhat known.
>>
>>89852424
Grant's Barry is not really a good Barry Allen at all. It's a fine character but that character is not Barry Allen. Movie version will miss the mark as well and likely be worse for entertainment, but let's not get crazy with pretending CW got it right. They have repeated the same mistake as the DCAU. OC with a familiar name rather than truly adapting their main speedster.
>>
>>89852562
I'm not really going based on stupidity. It's just preference.

Mr. Terrific out of the context of legacy is still a good character while Cyborg even in the context of the Titans is still shit.
>>
>>89849941
>it's WB, they are very dumb
>Only one very
That does not nearly sum up just how dumb the folks at WB are
>>
I feel genuinely bad for the people involved. I kind of hope JL under-performs so badly they'll HAVE to start over. Or maybe WB should just take a pause, stop trying to catch up with MCU and do something else for a while. They can still make Batman money off of the lego movies.
>>
>>89849876
I agree. Even Steel is more appealing to me than Cyborg.
>>
>>89852665
They can make Batman money by making a good Batman. Every action going forward will always ask the question, why didn't you just kill him? They have to reboot, the characters are all loners or idiots. Supes doesn't have Jimmy so the only reason he cares about humanity is 2 vaginas, and some really bad advice from his real and adopted father.
Flash apparently has no friends.
Bruce has no friends, though that is sort of in character I guess, a Bat-family would be better, but it seems they are afraid to introduce any Robins beyond the dead one's costume as an easter egg or something.
Wonder Woman I guess has no friends among humanity or something.
And Cyborg is just there.
>>
>>89849859
>Wally - white lightning
>Kyle - white lantern

Sensing a trend here.

When will Roy become White Arrow?
>>
>>89852834
you mean Connor Hawke
>>
>>89852564
The problem with DCEU's Barry involves 2 crucial things
>WB wants their own Peter Parker
>Character takes more of Wally's traits than Barry's
>>
>>89852827
>Bruce has no friends, though that is sort of in character I guess, a Bat-family would be better, but it seems they are afraid to introduce any Robins beyond the dead one's costume as an easter egg or something.

Their were rumors that one of the shows set in the DCEU that HBO was optioning was a Bat-family show with Nightwing as the core focus.

Wouldn't surprise me if HBO go with one of the other rumors though (Watchmen or Question)
>>
>>89849709

Executive meddling
>>
>>89849774
This is like wanting to make a new Star Trek movie and sayng to the audience that your inspirations are Matrix 3 and the Lone rider
>>
>>89852992
He's bad but he hasn't taken any of Wally's traits. Humor is not Wally-specific. As someone put it before, Barry is Carlton funny while Wally is Will funny.

However the awkwardness in the movie version is unlike either of them. And it's not really Bart either.
>>
>>89849876
>Or in comics, for that matter!

I think Cyborg is DC's second worst selling Rebirth book. I think there's a lot of potential with the character but they just cant get him away from star labs
>>
>>89853001
HBO should do Middy
>>
>>89849876
>couldn't DC have picked a different black/hispanic/not-white character for their diversity push?

Cyborg is DC's second lowest selling rebirth book just in front of Blue Beetle, so no they dont. The MCU has shown with 13 or 14 movies now that the way to make money is have a white male lead
>>
>>89853130
>I think Cyborg is DC's second worst selling Rebirth book.

Whats the worst selling DC Rebirth book now?
>>
>>89849751

The premise of the CW show was pretty good. Some of the acting and effects were wonky but it was good for a villain of the week show. And /co/ was hype as fuck for Reverse Flash
>>
>>89849774
>>89849751
>>89849895
>>89849941
>>89850748
>>89851409
>>89853027
>>89851601

WE WUZ CASABLANCA N SHIT
>>
>>89853306

Blue Beetle
>>
>>89853306
Blue Beetle believe it or not
>>
File: Diane Nelson.jpg (707KB, 2384x3198px) Image search: [Google]
Diane Nelson.jpg
707KB, 2384x3198px
>>89849709
>What went wrong?

Everything is wrong since Superman Returns
And in the comics everything started to go wrong since Diane Nelson was president of DC Comics
>>
>>89853395
>>89853306
>>89853210
>>89853130

Wait just did a bit of digging. Cyborg double ships so the first book of December beat Blue Beetle but the second did not.

Cyborg is DC's worst selling Rebirth book
>>
>>89853395
>>89853400

I didn't liked his new version on the new 52, he is still another "average kid that no one understands" with no personality and powers from space?
>>
>>89849709
>The Flash movie is being rewritten from page 1
Thrawne.
>>
File: 1390446368451.gif (3MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1390446368451.gif
3MB, 384x216px
>>89849709
In all likelihood they realized that when the majority of your audience isn't liking the movies they're being given already, spending a good 20 minutes setting up more movies and another 20 dealing with the aftermath of preceding ones is a terrible idea.

Or maybe they just want to set up the other movies that are being rewritten.
>>
>>89852992
Also
>Twink asian
>>
>>89849895
>What is so hard? Why are they fucking up so bad?
They can't just tell a story about a fast guy... they have to tell a story about a fast guy that ends at a point compatible with BvS.
>>
>>89853509

No the powers are now magical or something who knows? I wonder if the book would sell better if they dropped Jaime and made it a Ted book. I know I would buy it
>>
>>89853440
I blame Levitz a little because surely whatever Morrison had planned for after Final Crisis likely wouldn't have been as destructive as what we got with the new 52. He should have just said yes then.
>>
>>89853193

They should.

But rumors suggested WB was heavily pushing Watchmen as their preferred big HBO project. Supposedly it would adapt Before Watchmen and then end with a new adaption of Watchmen.
>>
>>89850082
If anything, this just speaks to how fucking terrible WB is at marketing and hyping up their own properties. Marvel can turn D-listers like the GotG into money-printers. Why can't WB do the same with one of the most well-known superheroes ever?
>>
>>89853440

The comics are fine right now. Flash is the second best selling hero from DC or Marvel
>>
>>89853632
>Supposedly it would adapt Before Watchmen

Good God, why?
>>
>>89853641
Because WB wants to get better reviews rather than making likeable movies.
They want something that is "art", that will result in DVD/BLUray/digital/brain chip sales forever as a cult classic film.

But their attempts have been pretentious crap followed by pointless action that goes in the bargain bin and is forgotten outside of it.
>>
>>89851409
Even if it was an ideal cut the basic premise of Suicide Squad is a team of bad guys being brought in to fight another bad guy instead of doing something that'd justify a black ops squad would've remained.

You can't edit them getting the point.
>>
>>89853641
Their problem as of now is lack of marketing, a byproduct of their marketing disaster that was Suicide Squad. Chances are theyre saving money and they know WW is a dud so why bother? Whats really concerning is the lack of trailers for Justice League
>>
>>89853642
This is not true. Batman is first followed by Spider-Man.
>>
>>89851462
They make more money than the movies.
>>
>>89853688
Someone would buy it.

Just based on how many amateur reviewers there are out there, if you could theoretically keep cost down to fucking nothing you could make an assload on a well-known flop.

Look at Silent Hill 2, they knew a fuckload of people would see it because of the first one so they spent damn near nothing on garbage with basically all of the decent visuals in the trailer.

Now imagine if you could go even cheaper.
>>
>>89853761

> a byproduct of their marketing disaster that was Suicide Squad.

what do you mean? marketing is how it made money. sure as shit wasn't because the movie was so good people went multiple times and told their friends
>>
>>89853590
Not Levitz's fault Harras and Lee are a bunch of sellout fuckheads with dollar signs in their eyes.
>>
>>89851601
A mother box is one of the most advanced technologies in the DC universe, one in he wrong hands makes that person a massive threat. The New Gods may occasionally give a Mother Box to an outsider for their own reasons but there is no fucking way Darkseid would just leave a shit load with a planet that kicked his ass, he'd keep trying to glass the place rather then risk them toppling Apokolips.
>>
>>89853778

Flash is selling at 64,476
Spider-Man at 63,359

It's true the second issue of Flash for December dipped a little lower but since Spider-Man is having an event right now and it's just regular old Flash I'd say it's doing better
>>
>>89852142
>The reason it's Cyborg is because he's the most recognizable black DC character and that's it
Really? I thought that would be Static or John Stewart.
>>
>>89853991
I'd say for a cool minute Steel was more recongizable than Cyborg.
>>
>>89853991

It's John Stewart. Remember all the backlash about the Green Lantern film staring "some white guy"
>>
>>89853641
>with one of the most well-known superheroes ever?
Honestly I think that's exactly why. WB takes the fact that it has the A-listers for granted.
It's just like the fans. Notice how in DCEU defense threads you often see the argument of "they don't need to set this up! everyone knows who superman/batman is!"

WB goes "everyone knows the justice league!" and then halfasses it and rushes their way through because they think they can get away with it. And they might not even be wrong.
>>
>>89853914
Earth is too dumb to use Mother Boxes and the limitless knowledge they possess. But regardless Mother Boxes have never been all that important outside of making boom tubes. The fact that theyre becoming a plot point for a goddamn mcguffin hunt is asinine
>>
>>89853991
Teen Titans is without a doubt more popular than Static Shock or Justice League Unlimited.

Either way, Static is owned by Milestone and John is a legacy. I guess really they could have gone with either John or Cyborg, but each presents its own problem.
>>
>>89853737
>Because WB wants to get better reviews rather than making likeable movies.
Could've fucking fooled me. Their executive decisions have been utterly bizarre. Like, NOTHING that they've done so far could be seen as a 'good' idea.

>>89853761
But SS marketing was actually successful.
>>
>>89854024

man Superman's dead, why not junk Cyborg and use Steel instead??!?
>>
>>89853855
Some people think WB false advertised SS what with Leto's limited screentime and hard selling the villain angle despite neutering the entire concept
>>
>>89853983
Flash is still having big-ish drops. Not unusual but that's how early in the run it is and once it events out to the normal ~1k variance it will be lower than Spider-Man unless it's having its own crossover.
>>
>>89854039
I remember forced /co/ memes.
>>
>>89853738
Using a nearly uncontrollable godlike villain to do spec ops shit, and sending in literal nobodies in civvies after losing control of it.

Well...you could start at the suit-up scene and give each character their own title card intro right at the start with equal screen time. You lead into the scenes of fighting the monsters in the city.
Around the death of Slip, you backtrack and show Harley and Deadshot's origins. Ditch the thing with Joker in the club since it adds nothing to the plot as well as Will Smith's scene where he practices his shooting for Waller. That gives you a bit more time for cutting room floor Joker things.

Then show Waller proposing the project JUST with Enchantress while you also have Joker coming up with a plan to rescue Harley. If you do that right it seems like Enchantress was the main plan and the rest of the Squad is a desperation play after she escapes by going from Enchantress freeing herself to Waller's dinner where she proposes using the Squad.

Go back to where they left off progressing through the city and run the rest of the movie as it originally was.

Better?
>>
>>89854081
>Avengers had a magic space cube and it made a gorillon dollars! We need a magic space cube!
>>
>>89854102
>Could've fucking fooled me. Their executive decisions have been utterly bizarre. Like, NOTHING that they've done so far could be seen as a 'good' idea.
Exactly. They're trying to create art flicks using a chart.
>>
>>89854265
Not really. There's still no point in having off the books plausible deniability in that scenario.
>>
>>89854266

>THREE MAGIC SPACE CUBES
>>
>>89854215
>Flash is still having big-ish drops

Compared to what? He's outselling everything that isn't a #1, an event or fucking Batman. You can say it's early in the run when it's #13 when #2's and #3's from Marvel have completely collapsed. "Big-ish" drops my ass.
>>
>>89854102
I'm pretty sure the situation at WB is a hopeless clusterfuck between studio owners who don't give a fuck, Zack and his wife having a ridiculous amount of financial control, and probably fifty dumbass executives who want to make the movies as much of clones of the MCU as they possibly can, and then the handful of poor saps like Affleck and Johns who are desperately trying to do literally anything good.

Say what you will about Marvel's movies, at least they have ONE guy in charge and a bunch of Disney suits breathing down his neck. It's not ideal, but they've got it down to an assembly line by now.
>>
>>89849709
Man of Steel

and then continuing from Man of Steel

Said it then and I'll say it again, they can't build on foundations of sand.
>>
>>89854220

Then you have a bad memory. John Stewart was a much more well known than Hal
>>
>>89854380
The MCU is built on The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Captain America the First Avenger, and Thor.
>>
File: Boys01-011 Kopie.jpg (198KB, 844x624px) Image search: [Google]
Boys01-011 Kopie.jpg
198KB, 844x624px
>>89854380
>MoS
>bad
>>
>>89854339
Yeah, but I can't think of any way to fix that just using editing of existing footage. If anything I'd cut that line so it just seems like the government was trying to use them as slaves.

Without the scene of Deadshot trying to bargain, it seems even more like they were just randomly told "kill for us or die".
>>
>>89854380

They should have gone ahead after Superman Returns. It made more money than Batman Begins. Sure it cost more but just make the sequel cheaper
>>
File: 00.jpg (1MB, 3100x2112px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
1MB, 3100x2112px
>>89854431
>>
>>89854431
But Cap 1 is one of the best superhero movies ever made, tied for #1 with Batman Returns.
>>
>>89849963
Yesterday's leaks made it sound awesome.
>>
>>89854081
>Earth is too dumb to use Mother Boxes and the limitless knowledge they possess.

Fair enough but living a pile of them around is beyond retarded. Darkseid would just glass the planet.
>>
>>89854431
We haven't gotten a Hulk movies since, The First Avengur was decent.
>>
>>89854504
>But Cap 1 is one of the best superhero movies ever made

Nah. A lot of the MCU movies are better
>>
>>89849963

an entertaining disaster is probably the best to hope for desu
>>
File: BLOW IT UP.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
BLOW IT UP.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>89851318
David "if you like Martian Manhunter you're a virgin" Goyer is equally guilty

Guess who's back for Green Lantern.
>>
>>89849963

What if it's actually good?
>>
>>89854552
I'd agree to disagree on this one. You just can't beat Nazismashing.

That's why its such a full-retard move to put WW in WW1.
>>
>>89854075
>And they might not even be wrong.
Idk. BvS didn't do anywhere near as well as WB hoped. Though the DCEU is in a weird place where it's mostly not been super impressive in the box office but respectable enough that it hasn't been a massive failure either.

>>89854300
Thing is, superhero blockbuster movies are the antithesis to art movies anyway.
>>
>>89854586

It wont be.
>>
>>89854464
Superman Returns underperformed because the costs of all the failed movie attempts since Superman IV were factored in. WB is retarded.
>>
File: 1305853620700.jpg (129KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1305853620700.jpg
129KB, 600x750px
>>89854586
The problem is its so impossible its not worth speculating on.
>>
>>89854667
>because the costs of all the failed movie attempts since Superman IV were factored in

But why?
>>
>>89854529
Everything about the previous war is fucking retarded.
>Somehow Darkseid loses to ancient earth
>Leaves several mother boxes on earth to a bunch of monkeys
>Fucks off for a few thousand years because of reasons
>Lex alerts Steppenwolf, who then decides to return to earth to activate said boxes
But again, WHY do we suddenly now care about/giving importance to fucking Mother Boxes or Steppenwolf for that matter? Is WB so hard for ideas that they need to rehash Marvels relic hunt for no reason when theres god knows how much material to pull from? Christ Starro, Vandal Savage, Despero, Brainiac, Doctor Destiny, or The Legion of Doom would have made better villain choices than Steppenwolf
>>
>>89854432
Pa Kent was a complete travesty

fucking waste of all-American boy Kevin Costner

he should be drinking beer with Clark on the porch by now, not a horse and child killing advocate ghost
>>
>>89854639
That's kind of where I'm thinking WB could be mentally. They might be thinking "we don't need to put in effort. we can make some decent coin if we don't even bother because the names are that big"
>>
>>89849963
I'll probably only hate it if the MarLEL quips are too much.
>>
>>89854351
I'm talking compared to a normal comic sales cycle. Books start out high and then drop until they find their audience. You'll know that will happen when the drops slow down to only like a thousand per month. It's probably not long to go for Flash before it settles, but I'd expect maybe once we get the Feb numbers it will see more settled in. Probably a 50k+ book in the end. It IS still early in the run when you consider FOC dates and double-shipping as well as the returnability changing. Preorders will not get adjusted as quickly as people are dropping the book.

Also Marvel books will drop more and quicker than DC ones because they're mostly not A-Listers. Only Ressurexion (or whatever the fuck) might have a similar drop to the Rebirth books due to hype.

I'm not saying Flash is doing poorly. Just that he's probably #3 at best when all is said and done. That's still pretty good.
>>
>>89854718
>>Leaves several mother boxes on earth to a bunch of monkeys

I would imagine those Mother Boxes weren't left by choice. If they were then Darkseid is a retard
>>
>>89854743
>"we don't need to put in effort. we can make some decent coin if we don't even bother because the names are that big"

It's not like it's easier or cheaper to make the DCEU movies compared to the MCU so this line of thought makes no sense.
>>
>>89854736
>he should be drinking beer with Clark on the porch

Reminder that DC censored that cover from Johns' run
>>
>>89854802
Lemonade or milk then.
>>
>>89849709

Miller and Lords script probably will be used more and they will get some credit, just not the actual script credit. Their script WOULD have been used IF they had agreed to direct the movie. BECAUSE they've actually never done a big budget live-action tent-pole movie that would also have to have a lot of CGI special effects, they turned it down.

Seth Grahame-Smith (like so many other guys in Hollywood) lifted up his legs and pissed on the script by two guys who had a highly successful comedy movie to their credit. When he was shit-canned for Rick Famuyiwa, HE decided to piss all over Smith's script and the last thing they were working on for pre-production was his horrid POS ideas.

A page one re-write means they are starting from scratch. All of the above were paid for whatever pissing on paper they did so ideas will likely be taken from whatever scripts exists. However, to be precise - a Page One rewrite just means that the writer doing THAT rewrite is starting from scratch.

What went wrong is a lot of bad decisions (blame Zach and his wife for that, but also Charles Roven whose no longer producing any of these and was probably over taxed to the extent he isn't a hack like Zack and bride.

>>89849976
>3 directors backing out

Smith was fired. Rick F was 'allowed to quit' (just as with Tim Miller) over 'creative differences.'

Not sure who you think the third director is who backed out but if you MEAN Lord and Miler, DC wanted them but they never signed, never agreed to, never were announced as, never did any directing duties, etc. etc.

>>89851509
Yes, you're correct. BUT that was prior to elevating Johns and the WB Studio Suit into co-presidents of DC Films AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, prior to the re-edit of SUICIDE SQUAD and release of SS.

ALSO, studios generally run by committee. Marvel didn't have Feige for the entirety of Phase 1 and thus we got 2 Hulks, if people remember, and IM 2 that no one remembers as anything great, even if it made $$.
>>
>>89854835
I believe it was changed to root beer
>>
>>89854870
Clark's was. Which I kinda like.

It's an interesting debate either way.
>>
They need a director by March, so I guess Flash is getting pushed back again? I dont see how it matters anyway, the script still isnt done
>>
>>89849709

Rotten tomatos
Rotten tomatos everywhere
>>
>>89852992

There's absolutely no reason why Wally West couldn't have been the Flash for Justice League except that Johns had Goyer's ear and Diane Nelson wanted to (at that time) connect it to their New 52 main canon books, so the Flash had to be Barry.

>>89853440
If you want to talk live action in films, this is very true. If you want to talk a lot of other bad decisions (in marketing as regards to toys lines and other licensed products, marking to females, etc. - all the stuff that leads to articles like "It's been XX Days since DC Effed Up") she is largely to blame or should be held responsible.
>>
>>89854848
>Marvel didn't have Feige for the entirety of Phase 1 and thus we got 2 Hulks, if people remember, and IM 2 that no one remembers as anything great, even if it made $$.

Why do people assume everything bad was because of the committee and everything good was because of Feige? People just write their own damn folk histories about shit they know nothing about.
>>
>>89854934
I guess if you can't get drunk beer isn't really worth it
>>
>>89854636
>You just can't beat Nazismashing.
There are no Nazis in Cap1.
>>
>>89855083
Beer tastes good.
>>
>>89855083
Unless you drink for the flavor. My take on it is that Clark would drink in a social situation and pretend he can't hold his liquor. Supes would indulge socially as well if he was at an event, but be sure not to fly/use any powers until people believed he was sober.
>>
>>89855153
Yeah, Disney wouldn't let Cap beat up nazis because it was disrespectful to Walt's memory.
>>
>>89855153
There were three, the rest were just Germans during World War 2.

Which as Russia teaches us is just as good as killing a Nazi.
>>
>>89855174
Its also quite filling. A light meal with a dark beer is very nice.
>>
>>89855243

I mean HYDRA's not exactly good guys.
>>
>>89855243

Hydra aren't Nazis'. Fascist yes, Nazi's no
>>
>>89852564
>They have repeated the same mistake as the DCAU

Flash was Wally West in the DC Animated Universe.
>>
>>89855292
>>89855303
Nazi, Hydra, civilian woman, all dead German is good, da comrade?
>>
File: hydra-nazis.jpg (35KB, 290x514px) Image search: [Google]
hydra-nazis.jpg
35KB, 290x514px
>>89855153
You can't be serious
>>
>>89854789
Dumb people rarely do.
>>
>>89849876
>Cyborg is popular because of that fucking cartoon
>Everything he's pushed in has him be nothing like he in the cartoon
Why even fucking bother, the name can only go so far on its own.
>>
>>89855243
Having Cap fight only HYDRA, never any real Nazis, was the biggest mistake in Cap 1

The movie is fun but it's just GI Joe vs Cobra. So what makes Cap so famous in MCU Earth? All the movie tells us is he was stuck in a forest keeping HYDRA at bay for his entire battle service, and the outside world might as well not matter.
>>
>>89855440
Red Skull zapped the one Nazi who came to inspect, then went rogue.
>>
File: 1456959075553.jpg (15KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
1456959075553.jpg
15KB, 220x330px
>>89851318
He looks related to Todd Howard.
>>
>>89855507
>So what makes Cap so famous in MCU Earth?
He did USO shows and shit, told people to buy war bonds.
>>
File: Hitler makes the Red Skull.png (551KB, 453x456px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler makes the Red Skull.png
551KB, 453x456px
>>89855507
HYDRA is literally nazis. I don't understand why you disagree. The Red Skull is shown as a Nazi, all his resources from the Nazi regime, HYDRA has Nazi ideals, HYDRA fights the same Allied forces fighting Nazis, HYDRA dresses and looks like Nazis
>>89855563
Rogue Nazi is still a Nazi
>>
File: WONDERWOMANNAZI.jpg (414KB, 512x620px) Image search: [Google]
WONDERWOMANNAZI.jpg
414KB, 512x620px
>>89855507
It follows the comics. Once Marvel decided they needed a floating timeline, Cap had to fight Nazis after World War 2 ended so they came up with HYDRA.

That's why Wonder Woman fighting the Kaiser's men makes almost no sense at all, she kept fighting outright Nazis until the 80's and unlike Cap rarely ever fought Soviets. She's fought Nazis more than any comicbook character, full stop.
>>
>>89855676
Rogue Nazi is arguably worse because at least the Nazis were organized. A Chaotic Nazi is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>89855718
>Rogue Nazi is arguably worse because at least the Nazis were organized. A Chaotic Nazi is fucking terrifying.
That's dumb, the organisation is what makes nazis dangerous. It was a machine designed to destroy people.
>>
>>89855713
>That's why Wonder Woman fighting the Kaiser's men makes almost no sense at all
it looks from the promo material that they are going to treat Germany in WWI as if they are Nazis anyways, which is just fucking offensive honestly.

god damn I want this movie to be good. It's NOT going to be, but I WANT it to be...
>>
File: QwuDIVPg.jpg (4KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
QwuDIVPg.jpg
4KB, 259x195px
>>89855833
>god damn I want this movie to be good. It's NOT going to be, but I WANT it to be...

DCEU in a nutshell.
>>
>>89855811
I feel stupid now. Sorry, anons. I've failed you.
>>
>>89855833
Agreed. World War 1 is about as much of a gray conflict as you can dream up, and for any movie worth any respect the protagonists are the same as the antagonists other than having more development.
>>
>>89855833
it's probably just Ares influencing everyone anyway
>>
>>89855833
>they are going to treat Germany in WWI as if they are Nazis anyways
Supposedly she's fighting a sect that's being manipulated by Ares, if that helps in any way at all.
>>
>>89856017
>>89856020
That's significantly worse. It boils down one of the most avoidable and pointless tragedies in the history of the human race which lead to the direct rise of fascism to the plot of a lame supervillain.
>>
>>89856175
I mean he's the god of war, wasn't it always going to be his fault in a universe where the greek gods are real?
>>
>>89856175
>avoidable and pointless tragedies
>the plot of a lame supervillain.

Ares is War itself, not just a lame supervillain.
>>
>>89853001
I would do terrible things to get a Question show
>>
>>89856175
>one of the most avoidable and pointless tragedies in the history of the human race which lead to the direct rise of fascism

sounds like something the god of war would plan.
>>
File: WW sad.jpg (62KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
WW sad.jpg
62KB, 500x642px
>>89856020
it might help. God dammit I will latch onto any hope because it really is NOT selling me.

I just want a really good Wonder Woman movie.
>>
File: Flash Justice League.jpg (72KB, 768x988px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Justice League.jpg
72KB, 768x988px
>>89856175
"What if we made the FInal Solution all Red Skull's wacky idea!?"

But seriously, the problem for Flash is that there have been 3 good speedster performances in cape films already, and a silly but likeable television show.
Ezra Miller is far enough from being anything like the traditional Flash that he's as much OC as Fox's QS, There's almost nothing left to show off of his powerset. And awkward nerd hero isn't exactly fresh material either.

His villains are all 60's Batman material and "Evil Insane Flash", which are really more suitable for television. The people signing off on these films are really awkward about oddball villains, seven Superman movies and they've kept it to Zod and Luthor.

Could be the idea of a Flash movie is dead. It will all hinge on Justice League. But clearly WB is past the stage of rubber stamping the checks for the DCEU.
>>
>>89856416
That hope didn't die with Gadot?
>>
>>89853991
You can't have Jon Stewart as Green Lantern because Geoff Johns would cry holding his Hal Jordan hug pillow.
>>
>>89856532
tbqh she was not that bad in BvS. My biggest problem with her was her accent but it might just be because I'm part Greek and to everyone else they just hear a Mediterranean accent and are like 'ehh close enough'

There were FAR bigger problems with that movie than Gadot.

6.5/10 I liked it slightly less than my least favorite Marvel movie. Best Punisher vs Sentry movie we could have hoped for.

Snyder still needs to die in a fire.
>>
File: Bat Fatality.jpg (54KB, 290x529px) Image search: [Google]
Bat Fatality.jpg
54KB, 290x529px
>>89849963
Even without the negativity /co/ puts out on the JL film, I doubt I would have seen it anyway.

Between MoS, SS, and BvS, and very likely WW, the trainwrecks just keep piling up to the point where I'm getting second-hand embarrassment on behalf of DC and WB.
>>
>>89856308
>>89856323
Sandman would portray it like that.

How do you think the Wonder Woman movie will?
>>
>>89850484

Even that continued success is largely due to CWs low bar for cancellation.
>>
>>89854700
Technically, they never really pulled the plug on the project during all that time. They kept bringing new people to do treatments, scripts, concepts, etc. And each time they got close, things got scrapped. So when a new Superman movie finally came out, you can't just write-off all those costs. Those costs had to be put against something and that was Superman Returns.
>>
>>89854380
>Said it then and I'll say it again, they can't build on foundations of sand.

The fact that Superman causing a 9/11 served as a stepping stone to the Justice League just illustrates how poorly though-out the DCEU was.
>>
>>89856702
Mustache twirling "MWAHAHAHA eeeeevul!" to bu sure.
>>
>>89856702
I mean it seems very basic and not deep at all. What else would the purpose of having the (or possibly just A god of war, I'm not sure how many might be in the DCU) god of war in a story be? Would would it even mean if not a being that feeds off the concept and wishes to spread it?
>>
>>89851678

Considering he was beat by ancient humans, Amazons, and Atlantis, expect a severely nerfed Darkseid.
>>
File: Hello Barry.jpg (123KB, 601x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hello Barry.jpg
123KB, 601x450px
>>89852827
In Barry's defense, he did have a lonely childhood and was always that aloof oddball even before his mother was murdered.

That being said, you'd think somebody'd take pity on the guy and attempt to befriend him.
>>
>>89856830
This isn't true.

"The Flash" is a success. A big one. Last year it beat "Agents of SHIELD" audience several times even being in a much less successful channel. And is one of the most pirated TV series.
>>
File: DCCU.jpg (257KB, 978x468px) Image search: [Google]
DCCU.jpg
257KB, 978x468px
I just can't get into the Grim and Somber Justice League universe.
I wanted the sweeping mythos of old, with the JL the noble pantheon of heroes battling evil Darkseid and alliances of their greatest foes.

Adam Warren prophesied what would come of giving them feet of clay and angst and grim.

Watchmen was supposed to be the grounded, cynical realistic examination of the Justice League, Snyder's crime against cape movies was trying to make both meet in the middle.
>>
File: AresDC2.png (113KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
AresDC2.png
113KB, 250x348px
>>89856900
okay, so. the villain of the movie is Ares, and a big stupid war that no one wants but everyone is fighting is basically a gigantic party for Ares. Ares wants constant, stupid, unending conflict across the globe. That is his end goal.

But all that REALLY means is that -I- could write a good Wonder Woman story set during WWI. I just... I don't have a lot of faith in the people in charge of the DC movies.

and it's not like the stuff I'm seeing is giving me a bunch of faith that things will be better than before.
So yeah, I do agree with you, it's going to be stupid. But the basic premise of WWI as an Ares plot is not, necessarily, terrible.
>>
>>89850822
>Just stop, WB.
>Start over from scratch.
>>89852665
>I feel genuinely bad for the people involved. I kind of hope JL under-performs so badly they'll HAVE to start over. Or maybe WB should just take a pause, stop trying to catch up with MCU and do something else for a while. They can still make Batman money off of the lego movies.

Like Sony?
>>89851186
>rather than use the years
worth of source material and keep it simple.
>Years of Material
>Keep it simple
Isn't that why Green Lantern failed?

>>89851678
>Darkseid is a weak villain if primitives beat him.
How many enchantress-beings where there back then?

>>89849895
If that true Where the Hulk movies?
>Marvel can't figure out how to make a story with the Strong guy
Seriously Why can't they make a Hulk movie wit hal lthe money they have?
>>
>>89856501
>3 good speedster performances in cape films already,
Tell me you're not counting Quickslav.
>>
>>89856948
>That being said, you'd think somebody'd take pity on the guy and attempt to befriend him.
>I need friends.
>>
>>89857368
Incredibles?
>>
>>89849963
I think it'll be good as long as WB hasn't cucked Snyder. We'll see once the trailer comes out, next month hopefully.
>>
>>89857446
>WB is the problem
>not Snyder

Snyder has never made a good movie. Fucking ever.
>>
File: Hulk Mad.png (180KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk Mad.png
180KB, 291x300px
>>89857350
>Seriously Why can't they make a Hulk movie wit hal lthe money they have?
Because the Hulk in action is an inarticulate child-like brute who punches all his problems while howling. And while this may work for your modern Superman movie, it doesn't make for a great main character.
The Hulk is their "Simple Jack", and they've realized that for a movie rather than a 22 page comic, he needs other heroes to play off of.
>>
>>89856849
For me, see >>89857270

Not that anon, but that post perfectly encapsulates how I feel about all this. Why do these movies need to be so grounded in real world politics again? Why did we need a Justice League filtered through modern cynicism? Why can't these movies be disconnected from real world politics?
>>
>>89857486
>Because the Hulk in action is an inarticulate child-like brute who punches all his problems while howling.
There are other versions of Hulk that don't do that. That can be a movie in of itself.

The fastest man alive is just an interesting as the Strongest.
>>
File: Robin_Mask.jpg (159KB, 810x1792px) Image search: [Google]
Robin_Mask.jpg
159KB, 810x1792px
>>89857318
I was scrolling through the front page and thought that was Robin Mask.
>>
>>89857486
Universal owns the distribution rights for Hulk and so Marvel Studios doesn't want to share.
They could easily have a more articulate Hulk, since historically there's like eight different flavors of Hulk all with various levels of intellect. Especially post Ragnarok since it's got at least some elements in common with World War Hulk.
>>
>>89857350
>If that true Where the Hulk movies?
>>Marvel can't figure out how to make a story with the Strong guy
>Seriously Why can't they make a Hulk movie wit hal lthe money they have?
It is literally a licensing issue.

Marvel has the rights to INCLUDE The Hulk in movies, but he can't be the STAR of the movie or p. much all the money will go to Universal.

No matter what anyone else will tell you about Marvel being 'unable' to make a good Hulk movie, this is the real reason.
>>
File: Superman salute.gif (951KB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
Superman salute.gif
951KB, 500x207px
>>89857494
Because "Look, up in the sky, it's a bird! It's a plane!...."
Is apparently silly old cheese for nostalgia faggots and a legion of all-important 13 yr olds would have laughed at Zack Snyder if he had made that sort of Superman movie.
Gay and silly. Superman should cut himself.
>>
>>89857494
>Why do these movies need to be so grounded in real world politics again? Why did we need a Justice League filtered through modern cynicism? Why can't these movies be disconnected from real world politics?

What real world politics were in BvS? If anything it was more about fucked up people reacting to a universe without a god.
>>
>>89853479
Cyborg in the Justice League was always a stupid idea because "adult" cyborg is just boring compared to "puberty as a robot" teenage cyborg.
>>
>>89857619
>Marvel has the rights to INCLUDE The Hulk in movies, but he can't be the STAR of the movie or p. much all the money will go to Universal.
Make a Sony deal and partner up or just Use She-Hulk for the double dip. At this point that not an excuse.
>>
>>89857481
>300
>Watchmen
>Sucker Punch
>Man of Steel
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Get rekt
>>
>>89849941
WB has been crushing the movie biz for years.

They just fumbled with capeshit because it doesn't fit their methods of milking the populous for cash as much as they thought.
>>
>>89857713
There was all the 9/11 imagery in MoS and BvS did have African terrorists.
>>
>>89849709
Source?
>>
>>89850748
>So Barry can't be a jokey guy unless it masks his inner pain.

Barry isn't a jokey guy anyhow.
>>
>>89857819
I don't think those were really the main elements of each story though. Though the Nairomi general did lay out the themes of BvS in his scene near the start.
>>
File: 1486820422166.jpg (49KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
1486820422166.jpg
49KB, 600x578px
>>89857757
I enjoyed 300. It reveled in it's own glorious cheesy bullshit.
Watchmen was merely good looking.
Sucker Punch, pic related.
Superman is a waste of good cinematography on a complete butchering of the characters and material.
>>
>>89853785
You're an idiot if you think they come anywhere close to the profitability of the movies.
>>
>>89857737
all Hulk related characters are sacrosanct. It's how these deals work. It's why Wanda and Pietro weren't called mutants in the Marvel movies.

Universal is apparently unwilling to change the deal. I'm not sure what they get from sitting on the rights though, I'm pretty sure if they don't make a new Hulk movie soon it's going to revert, and at this point the average normie won't accept a non-Ruffalo Banner.

And if Disney was smart (and they are) they would have made him sign a contract which specified he'd only play the character in relation to Disney-made films.

>>89857757
>meh
>missed the point entirely
>utter, utter shit
>bad
>probably the best movie he ever made which isn't saying much
>t. Hack Snyder

gargle cum and die
>>
>only interesting cinematic villain would be another speedster
>Flash tv show runs through speedsters like bacon

The CW shows were a mistake. I remember when Guggenheim tried to pull that Harley Quinn on Arrow shit and WB shut it down and punished him by taking away the Squad, but the way that they allowed The Flash show to go unchecked due to its immense popularity is now actively hurting their movies.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if there was no The Flash season 4.
>>
>>89857921
http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/11/03/dc-comics-tv-hauls-in-1-billion-in-revenue/
Has any DCEU movie made a billion yet?
>>
>>89857947
>Universal is apparently unwilling to change the deal. I'm not sure what they get from sitting on the rights though, I'm pretty sure if they don't make a new Hulk movie soon it's going to revert
Wouldn't be too sure of that, back in the day Marvel signed some pretty short sighted contracts, they never thought they'd be making their own stuff.
>>
>>89857979
I stopped watching halfway through season 2 because they just started repeating themselves.
>>
>>89853119
Carlton is funny because you laugh at him. You don't want your hero to be a lame joke.

That's the problem with Barry. What used to be wholesome and lighthearted is campy and lame nowadays. So they just staple shit from modern characters onto him, which makes him seem more like Wally since Wally is the modern Flash, even when they're traits not distinct to Wally.
>>
>>89858006
other rights have been reverting left and right. They were smart enough to ensure that the fuckers couldn't hold their IP hostage literally forever because even a blind retarded squirrel is smart enough to make sure of that.
>>
>>89857979
This doesn't make sense. Smallville existing didn't stop 2 of the past 3 Superman-based movies from having Lex. The TV show isn't even that similar to anything from the comics. Just straight up adapt an arc if you find it hard to be original. It would be different enough.
>>
File: Captain America3.jpg (86KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America3.jpg
86KB, 1024x600px
>>89858029
>That's the problem with Barry. What used to be wholesome and lighthearted is campy and lame nowadays.
They should hope to make a Flash movie as "campy and lame" as Captain America, or the earnest "with great power comes great responsibility Raimi movies.
>>
>>89858056
You have to look at it from the perspective of a thin skinned, easily butthurt studio exec. If audiences respond better to the cheaply made TV show than they do the movie you sunk millions into, you might looks foolish or like you've mishandled the intellectual property.

Better to just not let there be any alternatives to your product. If you're the only game in town, then no one will be able to say someone else could do better.
>>
>>89858055
Namor.
>>
>>89858157
Namor is in the same boat as Hulk.

Marvel owns the rights to make the movies, Universal owns the distribution rights.

tbqh Namor isn't exactly going to put asses in seats, the average normie probably thinks he's 'Aquaman only lamer because at least people know who Aquaman is'.
>>
File: xavier.jpg (13KB, 520x301px) Image search: [Google]
xavier.jpg
13KB, 520x301px
>>89858055
A deal was cut to return Daredevil rights, Spider-Man is being "borrowed" from Sony, Marvel Studios will never regain the full rights to Spider-Man or the X-Men in your lifetime.

Fantastic Four i am sure you are well aware of. The rights to Hulk and Namor haven't budged.

So what constitutes "left and right"?
>>
>>89858140
Don't cut off the nose to spite the face. At most switch lead characters. And don't even go to Wally, do fucking Tornado Twins since that wouldn't overlap as a solo Flash story all (and you still get non-white leads assuming they are still Iris and Barry's kids so TVWallyfags don't bitch about racism).
>>
File: DCEU Aquaman.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DCEU Aquaman.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>89858251
>'Aquaman only lamer because at least people know who Aquaman is
People knowing who Aquaman is doesn't work in Aquaman's favor, especially since they are keeping the recognizeable name of Aquaman but recasting him as a caveman.
>>
>>89858140
What a bull, man.

If anything, more people will watch Flash's movie BECAUSE of the series. If this mythic "thin skinned executive" was true, Superman wouldn't make a TV appearance like he did months ago (that ended up being better received than his movie counterpart).
>>
>>89858401
it's just 90s style Aquaman, calm down /tv/
>>
>>89858404
How do you explain the bat embargo of days past?
>>
File: Wonder Woman Gadot.jpg (54KB, 725x461px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman Gadot.jpg
54KB, 725x461px
>>89858404
People aren't rushing to direct DCEU movies because that effort has the stink of death (and incompetence) upon it.
Patty will be regretting it by July, mark my words.
Snyder and Goyer literally have nothing better to do with themselves.
>>
>>89858157
>>89858251
Serious question here.

Beyond "The Depths", has Namor any story better than 5/10?
>>
File: Mamoa.jpg (525KB, 975x850px) Image search: [Google]
Mamoa.jpg
525KB, 975x850px
>>89858438
No, it is demonstrably not.
I'm a comic book oldfag, and 90's Aquaman was articulate.
They've cast a grunting neanderthal as Aquaman and painted him up to look like Maui's evil half brother.

I'm willing to let you believe that Cavill and Gadot are skilled actors, but don't try to tell me that Mamoa is capable of playing anything but a glowering cave-ape.n I've seen his body of work.
>>
>>89858481
Do you think it was for fear of a Batman TV series better than Nolan's Batman?
>>
File: tony-stark-betrayed.jpg (37KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
tony-stark-betrayed.jpg
37KB, 450x337px
>>89858566
Iron Man used to be known for "that time he was drunk",(whicb they threw away). It's all in the execution.
>>
>>89858619
>actually having watched anything with these people before the DC movies

definitely /tv/

if you were really /co/ you should have only known Amy Adams from Enchanted but none of the others
>>
>>89858566
The Namor/Doom bromances were always entertaining.
No, Namor doesn't have a "Sub-Mariner: Year One", but that doesn't stop most heroes. Movies don't use their "le comic patrician favorite" stories in any case. so it's meaningless.
>>
>>89858481
That was about merchandise. They didn't want toys with the same characters competing against each other.
>>
>>89858697
Yeah, but Iron Man doesn't rely on "feet wings" to fly.

Namor has no lore beyond being mutant, Fantastic Four enemy and "Imperious Rex!".
>>
>>89858619
>I'm a comic book oldfag, and 90's Aquaman was articulate.
>They've cast a grunting neanderthal as Aquaman

You're basing that on what? His Game of Thrones role where he spoke a made up language? Also sounds kinda racist the way you said it desu.
>>
File: Carrey Mask2.jpg (38KB, 397x341px) Image search: [Google]
Carrey Mask2.jpg
38KB, 397x341px
>>89858715
I read comics too, (and even own them!) older than the 90's.
I certainly don't fit in the demographic here, I admit.
>>
File: ddg.jpg (82KB, 850x598px) Image search: [Google]
ddg.jpg
82KB, 850x598px
>>89858715
>if you were really /co/ you should have only known Amy Adams from Enchanted but none of the others
Not him, but to me Amy will always be Leslie Miller
>>
File: Mermaidman.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mermaidman.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
>>89858790
>Namor has no lore beyond being mutant

That you think "being a mutant" is an important part of Namor's "lore" just shows that you haven't read comics long.

Namor was the most powerful Superhuman of the WW2 era, on-again-off-again conqueror and villain, self indulgent Lothario with a boner for Sue. and the guy who could out-arrogant everyone but Doom. He's went punch for punch with the Hulk and the full FF and remains a top-tier powerhouse.

Aquaman has been "le noblebright sea-king, lets have a scene where we make his powers seem useful" for ages. There are few classic JL teams where he's not the weakest/most useless member, which is why he's a running joke.
Or as DCfriends like to tell themselves "recognition factor".
>>
>>89859024
>That you think "being a mutant" is an important part of Namor's "lore" just shows that you haven't read comics long.
No, it just shows how empty is Namor's lore.

Look at your own comment. You're basically saying "he goes toe-to-toe against tough guys!". So what? How does this make up a lore? He has nothing on his own.
>>
>>89859165
Repeated attempts to conquer North America, team-ups with Doom (willing and unwilling), rivalries with Reed Richards, epic brawls with the top Marvel powerhouses....yeah he's got nothing on Aquaman, best known for beating up his half-brother, some utterly forgettable supernatural throwaway villains and the only black man to have mastered SCUBA technology.

You got me there.
>>
File: IMG_0187.jpg (284KB, 561x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.jpg
284KB, 561x585px
>IT WAS ME BARRY!!!
>>
>>89858000
You must really, really overrate how much money a CW Show makes.
>>
>>89858000
You realize that's several shows, right?

I'd imagine TTGO and Gotham is the majority of that.

The CW is famously not the most profitable channel, which is what we're talking about.
>>
>>89859410
Wait, Arrow isn't generating Singer X-Men money?
>>
>>89859282
Again with the "he goes toe-to-toe against tough guys!". Is that truly the best that you can say?

I'm sorry if even Sub-Diego Aquaman has more to offer than 70 years of Namor existence, or if Starfire's sexual life causes more buzz than Namor's death (to which nobody gave a fuck).
>>
>>89859457
>or if Starfire's sexual life causes more buzz

Back in my day, trolling meant something.
>>
>>89849709
shit, i'd be askin what didn't
>>
>>89859489
He built a costume out of a box of Tony's scraps?
>>
>>89859487
I am not trolling.

Starfire sleeping with Roy and Jason DID cause more buzz than Namor's death (to which, I repeat, NOBODY gave a fuck).
>>
File: Supergrim.png (338KB, 612x692px) Image search: [Google]
Supergrim.png
338KB, 612x692px
>>89859562
Offending people does not make for compelling coimics, unless you want to offer congrats to Jane Foster Thor.

But I forget you are a DCEU fanboy, so shitting on established characters is what appeals.
>>
>>89859611
The fuck, man? Everyone that doesn't think that Namor is an incredible character HAS to be a DC fanboy?

And yes, Jane Foster Thor is actually pretty good, better than the best that Namor has to offer.
>>
>>89849774
/thread
>>
File: Bait.png (26KB, 112x100px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
26KB, 112x100px
>>89859674
>And yes, Jane Foster Thor is actually pretty good
>>
Why are people hating on Namor? He has a based slut outfit.
>>
>>89857979
speedforce was a mistake
>>
>>89857947
>I'm not sure what they get from sitting on the rights though
You're not thinking like a Hollywood executive. It's not enough that you should win, others should lose.
>>
>>89860092
Name a better Namor's story than Aaron's Thor (can't be "The Depths").
>>
>>89859321
the only correct answer to the OP
>>
>>89860130
>He has a based slut outfit.

Hopefully Black Panther 2 gives us Wakanda vs Atlantis so we can see his outfit in all its glory.
>>
>>89851488
shut up, Hitler
>>
>>89851318
>>89855628
Please Snyder, I watched the movie. pls go
>>
Justice League trailer WHEN?
>>
>>89861151

They are scared of the Thor Ragnarok trailer counter programming it.
>>
>>89860130
Because his phoenix costume was better.
>>
>>89856501
Useless picture is the same as the OP
>>
>>89854937
Well, wouldn't be the first time a movie entered into production without a script. That's how Amazing Spider-Man 2 was made, hence why at first MJ was cast and started filming but then a few months/weeks later her character was erased from the movie
>>
>>89856849

Yeh, but I think its even worse. I don't even think that was intentional. Zack has such a hard on for action scenes that it never even occurred to him that in his "realistic" and deconstructionist depiction of Superman that people might be upset at a disaster 25x worse than 9/11. All pretensions of realism got completely dropped when the punching started.
>>
>>89853785

This. I feel they've run their course. Flash peaked in the middle of season 1

>in b4 21 seasons of Arrow
>>
Barry will never be as great as Wally. Thats what went wrong.
>>
>>89851374
Makes sense. Decent, if by the numbers popcorn movie with a retarded ass third act that makes it memorable and derived.
>>
It's concerning Justice League is talked more than WW which comes out next. Seriously no enthusiasm from WB regarding WW.
>>
>>89857757
>Sucker Punch
>good
I got rekt by your awful taste, alright.
>>
Speedsters are a mistake and Marvel was right to kill off quicksilver

There's no situation that Barry can't get the justice league off by himself, except maybe a chili making contest
>>
>>89858330
>Marvel Studios will never regain the full rights to Spider-Man or the X-Men in your lifetime.
They've already destroyed the X-Men to the point where they have to shift the entire thing to be Deadpool centric. Wolverine is done after March, and if for any reason Reynolds stops loving money, Fox is done for.
Unless you seriously think they're going to revitalize the franchise with the shitty X-Force or Channing Tatum Gambit or whatever.
>>
File: 1408338799494.jpg (1MB, 947x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1408338799494.jpg
1MB, 947x1496px
>>89863185
>>
>>89863185
Yeah, I'm sure Marvel killed him off more as a silent agreement with Fox not to fuck each other's characters (plus easy drama), but speedsters in general are hard to handle elegantly, at least if you want to keep them like the comics

>Marvel-silver was significantly weakened so he wouldn't feel overpowered and to justify why he can't fix everything and avoid any danger
>Fox-silver IS overpowered so they either get him out of the movie like in DoFP or they make him job like in Apoc
>CW Flash constantly forgets he can run until his friends go "you can do it Barry!" so we can pretend they're useful. The other speedsters often job too
>DCEU Flash makes things explode when he uses his powers because Snyder thought just running is lame
>>
File: 1300219825929.gif (941KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1300219825929.gif
941KB, 640x480px
>>89863318
DCAU Flash just likes to let his teammates feel useful.
>>
>>89863318
>DCEU Flash makes things explode when he uses his powers because Snyder thought just running is lame
Wally does it when phasing.
>>
I don't get it. I haven't watched the Flash show, but it's super popular. Why didn't they use that Flash? No one cares about this guy. Why not use the television shows existence to your advantage?
>>
>>89863380
This Barry does it while standing still
>>
Building the entire DCEU on Man of Steel was a huge mistake. Snyder's Superman was never supposed to be set in a shared universe.
>>
>>89863417
But that's the problem nigga, they should told Snyder to go fuck himself and make it for a shared universe
>>
>>89863385
Oh my.

Are we still discussing "when Arrow will appear in the movies?". Is this 2013?
>>
>>89863385
Try watch the show. It light be fun at times (went downhill after S1 imo) but it's still the usual cheap melodrama that Smallville was. Did anyone expect Tom Welling to star in an AAA Hollywood production?
>>
>>89863461
>Did anyone expect Tom Welling to star in an AAA Hollywood production?
At the time? Yes. And almost was a thing.

Looking back, it would be good.
>>
File: 1433179318596.jpg (197KB, 997x549px) Image search: [Google]
1433179318596.jpg
197KB, 997x549px
>>89863417
What was the deal with MoS anyway? I know a Superman movie had to start production by a certain date because of some legal mumbo-jumbo, but what happened exactly? There were also plans for a sequel with Lex and Metallo, how legit was that?
>>
>>89858790
Reed's cuck.
>>
>>89863505
Yeah the rights lawsuit with the Siegel and Shuster estates. Goyer wrote the script in a hurry and Snyder was the only director who wanted to film it.
>>
>>89863417
I hate how contradictory it's making everything feel

Superman is a "turning point" in a world where Batman and supernatural villains have been at it for years, WW fought in WW1 and Darkseid already tried to invade Earth on his own

Waller says he's making all the freaks come out of the woodwork when these freaks are, again, Batman villains or "an ancient evil awakens" that have nothing to do with Supes, nor were inspired to do villainy after the Metropolis incident

Lex hates Superman in a world where he's been documenting superhuman activities for supposedly years (although to be fair i guess only Supes had a spotlight)

WW, Batman, Aquaman and maybe even Flash, assuming he already had his powers, just stood somewhere on their asses while one of the biggest cities in the US was being turned to dust during MoS by aliens. And they had a 24 hours warning
>>
>>89863535

Tell us more
>>
>>89863385
Different studio, different continuity.
Marvel can't even decide of Agents Of SHIELD is canon or not last I checked, and the show was created for the purpose of being canon.
>>
>>89863572
C'mon, I'm also for criticizing things, but not this.

The same could be applied to the MCU. Iron Man was the "turning point" and the SHIELD didn't even have a name in the first "Iron Man". Turns out that way before Iron Man the earth already had a Sorcerers, Super-Soldiers were a normal thing since the WW2, living planets get women pregnant and the nameless SHIELD already had a name since the 40's.

This is part of the building up.
>>
>>89863611
Of course AoS is canon, don't pay attention to shitposters. Simply put it will never influence the movies significantly because you can't ask a worldwide audience to keep up with a television show just to understand a movie. Whedon explained this
>>
>>89863638
>Whedon explained this
Whedon doesn't give a fuck about this series beyond the first epi.
>>
>>89863611
AOS is canon, like all of the other tie-in MCU shows, but they won't affect the movies.
>>
File: 1483501129255.jpg (493KB, 1280x1790px) Image search: [Google]
1483501129255.jpg
493KB, 1280x1790px
>>89863603
The DCEU is cursed because their first movie, MOS, was made as a "FUCK YOU, WE WILL KEEP THE RIGHTS" towards the family of Superman's creator.
>>
>>89849709
Casting is weak

Asian actor cannot carry it
>>
>>89863697
Did you pick the right picture?
>>
>>89863505
>There were also plans for a sequel with Lex and Metallo,
I know this one. There was supposed to be a MoS2 but it got pushed back (and pushed back more) because of MoS' mixed reception so they wanted to get Batman in there immediately
>>
>>89863572
>News media and meme scientists debate about Superman being god on earth and how can such a being fits into world politics.
>Meanwhile thousand years old Amazons, fish people and speedsters run around the globe.
>>
>>89863739
Yes.
>>
File: green-latern-3.jpg.jpg (64KB, 620x325px) Image search: [Google]
green-latern-3.jpg.jpg
64KB, 620x325px
>>89857350
>Keep it simple
>Isn't that why Green Lantern failed?
Over-designed CGI is opposite of simple.
>>
>>89863794
Hated their choice of green, made the entire game feel like a mint-flavoured medicine ad
>>
>>89863794
WB can't even do simple or 'fun', and that wouldn't be so bad if they didn't also tank at making serious and dark.
>>
>>89863794
The CGI wasn't the problem look at iron man they just needed a suit people would like to cosplay as
>>
>>89863794
It wasn't over designed. The cgi in the movie was fine, the problem was aiming at the 3d public, the movie was shit, the writers including Johns just wanted a sequel, nothing else.
>>
>>89863996
Movie and cgi looked unappealing. But it could have been overlooked if the movie had been good or had likable characters.
>>
>Ezra Miller.
Theres no reason why Grant Gustin couldn't make the jump to Silver Screen, than back to TV. Agents of Shield did it, The Flash and Arrow can definitely do it.

Miller being Barry ruined the flash
>>
File: GLMMGroup1.jpg (61KB, 1000x644px) Image search: [Google]
GLMMGroup1.jpg
61KB, 1000x644px
>>89863996
>not over designed
Tell that to the toy stores who refused to order more of this garbage because it wasn't selling.
>>
>>89864524
Is that a fucking giant fish?
>>
>>89864524
What even is that one on the left
>>
>>89864357
Fuck that, keep CW cancer away from movies. It's shit too, but for different reasons. I want a reboot that's it's own thing, not some half assed retcon featuring teen drama and overrated actors. Though show is fun at times but don't get carried away anon
>>
>>89864524
Who are the two jobber in the back where's Kilowog
>>
File: MTT7785lg.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MTT7785lg.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
>>89864614
No, this is.
>>
>>89864689
>teen drama
Every comic adaptation till now is "teen drama", even the "mature" Netflix stuff and capecomics itself. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>89864636
>What even is that one on the left
Rot Lop Fan
>>
>>89863754
>>Meanwhile thousand years old Amazons
On a magical island that been isolated for years
>, fish people
The sea is deep
>and speedsters run around the globe.
Is Max Mercury even relevant anymore?
>>
File: Atrocitus_001.jpg (129KB, 850x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Atrocitus_001.jpg
129KB, 850x1072px
>>89863794
>Green Lantern movies will never be a thing
>We'll never see all the different corps battle each other
>No Sinestro Corps War ever
>It's rival won the race long ago and it's just LOL DANCE OFF BRO
>>
File: GLTAS_New_Guardians.png (729KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
GLTAS_New_Guardians.png
729KB, 750x750px
>>89865023
We almost had all of that if the Animated Series continued.
>>
>>89864744
The problem is you want shitty actors and a fucked universe to replace a shittier universe. Best option is just to start over fresh and it being it's own entity. CW Flash is an idiot and their Green Arrow is anything but the Green Arrow character
>>
>>89865219
That series ended on a high note. I'm almost glad it finished so gracefully.
>>
File: Suicide.jpg (34KB, 287x424px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide.jpg
34KB, 287x424px
>>89865496
The problem is that instead of telling earnest stories with characters made to appeal to audiences, they are trying to exploit an IP for a fast buck before a "fad" dies out.

The Superhero genre continues to chug along in spite of Snyder and Singer's best efforts.
>>
>>89849895
Can't they go with the actual origin story? Barry mixing shit, random lightning striking him (no partial accelerator shit), getting powers, all that stuff? Also this whole LOIS IT'S TOO EARLY stuff kinda shows they going full Injustice on us.
>>
>>89863266
>Entire X-men franchise is just a giant theme park that is owned by Deadpool
I'm okay with this. Marvel can deliver great comedy, but somehow the tone of their stories suffer from it. DC can go all grimdark but it damages their stories too. We need something IN THE MIDDLE. Like, MCU and DCU working in a giant Marvel DC 72 hours long collab that features every possible hero and villain down to Batmans Carpenter.
>>
>>89857979
S4 was already greenlit.
>>
>>89866426
I didn't say it when I posted that, but I don't want the rights to revert to Marvel, just saying that the Fox-Men isn't as healthy as one might think.
>>
>>89857486
That's because they refuse to let Hulk talk and be an actual character.
>>
>entire DCCU scrapped
>relaunch begins next year with a back to basics Superman film
>George Miller in the Zack Snyder role
>Grant Morrison int he Geoff Johns role

Tears of joy are forming
>>
>>89866511
Well it's just that comic book author tier thinking process doesn't do well with cinematic universes. You can't just do reboots all the time, you can't time travel and parallel universes out of your ass, you can't get away with a lot of things you get away in comics since in relevance to the movies they are a smaller medium. The right thing to do was probably setting everything from the start, not just chugging out JL member one by one, switching directors and scripts on the fly and pretending it's a universe of any kind. Same fate follows X-men so I guess they are going for a soft reboot without Hugh Jackson, THE Wolverine, despite what anyone here or anywhere will say. Avengers are an improvment, though there's still much work to do, they got it right with Ant Man, Guardians, Deadpool, Doctor Strange and Civil War. Iron Man was just origin stories, 3 was a clusterfuck, Thor was origin stories, Loki works better as a threat to all of the Avengers. All in all, DC fucked up big, Marvel fucked up with F4 and X-men, but getting it right with Avengers and I hope they will continue to deliver. Hyped for Thanos desu.
>>
>>89866690
Oh, and it wouldn't be /co/ without nightmare scenarios.
DCCU goes full retard, movies are promoting Injustice, a video game, the opposite of sane. Jared Leto gets chestbustered by Superman.
Kamala, Miles and Carol are the new Avengers, stepping at the end of Infinity Wars. Comic books show old Avengers, modeled to look and act exactly like their movie counterparts, be just a supportive cast to movie Kamala, Miles and Carol that aren't even showin up cause some fucked up agreement or whatever. The movies are the exactly SJW drivel they were printing before, even worse then Ghostbusters since Ghostbusters didn't have any agenda, the director did and was retarded because of it, normies wanted to have fun, not to think about politics yet again.
>>
>>89854766
It'd make sense considering everyone's a fucking retard in the DCEU.

Fanboys can write out their 5k word essays on why everything in the DCEU """""actually"""""makes sense but the fact of the matter is that it's hard to really like any of the characters when everyone is holding the idiot ball and it's the only reason why most of the bullshit happens.
>>
>>89854789
Are you fucking kidding? Everyone and their grandmother knows who Superman, Batman, and Wonder-Woman are but if you asked them who Iron-Man, Capt. America, or Thor was before the MCU was a thing, they'd look at you like you grew a second head or something.

All they had to do was give us a simple "Superman fights Lex, Lex hires more villains, the league notices their villains are making strange robberies, ends with JL vs. LoD" and boom, it would've made a shitton of money and be simple enough for general audiences to understand without having to read copypasta from autists w/ too much time on their hands.

Instead, Snyder is too busy injecting multiple storylines into BvS because WB apparently wants him to do in two movies what took the MCU 13 movies to set up and the product suffered because of it.
>>
>>89855676
>>89855563
>>89855440
Don't forget how he was also planning to bomb Berlin, in addition to the allied nations, if Cap hadn't stopped him.
>>
>>89866967
Yeah, Unlike Marvel/Disney, DC/WB has had access to all of their A-listers from the start, which has turned out to be a bad thing for them, because it's what forced Marvel to put their trust in lesser known characters like Iron Man and Cap. And it paid off big time.

Meanwhile DC/WB figured they could keep riding on the fame and popularity of Batman and Supes forever without being challenged. Once they realized it wasn't so, and no-names like Thor were suddenly capable of bring in a bigger audience than fucking Superman due to the success of the MCU, it was too late.
>>
>>89849709
not quipy enough
>>
>>89849774
they misunderstood watchmen
>>
>>89850748
yeah they should just made a gotham cinematic universe instead
>>
>>89866601
This.
>>
>>89859452
because they're not pedos
>>
>>89854718
sounds like a super friends episode
>>
>>89868313
They don't need quips just remove the fucking grey filter
>>
>>89867620
I'm pretty happy that the success of the MCU has paved the way for obscure properties like Ant Man and Dr. Strange to be blockbusters.
>>
File: 1486356998708.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1486356998708.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>89849709
> Three options for Flash
> Constantly pick the WORST version

The Flash has always been loved for his LEGACY. When you make a retarded Barry Allen barely out of his teens, you don't get beloved characters like Wally West or Bart Allen.

Anything you can do with him is already done in TV show, if DCEU wants to be distance themselves, they should definitely consider a ginger Wally movie as a sequel.
>>
>>89863289
h-has anyone made this?
>>
>>89852665
This.
Its in WB and DCs best interests to stop, let Marvel finish phase 3 and then WB and DC can reboot. Ppl will want new stories and dont want to remember all the canon story from the past 3 MCU phases. Theyll leave Marvel, this is when WB needs to return.

If they keep trying now theyre just gonna make themselves look like even greater fools.
>>
>>89852665
>They can still make Batman money off of the lego movies.

Lego Batman is under performing big time.
>>
>>89869452
No, it's not.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/fifty-shades-darker-lego-batman-john-wick-chapter-2-box-office-1201907911/

http://deadline.com/2017/02/lego-batman-international-box-office-start-1201908993/
>>
>>89853737
I look forward to seeing BvS,SS,WW and JL on sale for 4.99 at rite aid in the future
>>
Cramming too much shit is nothing but a waste of everyone's time.

WB should get off their asses and just restart themselves.

If you told me 15 years ago that Marvel had a more fleshed-out movie universe than DC would, I would never believe it. Remember Justice League was already airing at the time and it was the best blueprint for a movie studio to utilize. Marvel made some good cartoons, but they didn't create a great world like Timm-Dini did.

I didn't think it'd be possible to tie-in Marvel heroes since you had Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and the Avengers running around. The 1st Raimi film made no mention of other heroes as did the 2000 Singer X-Men. But the architects of the MCU were very carefully to lay the foundations; it helps that at the end of every movie credits, there's a follow-up scene to build-up for another Marvel movie. The MCU is going to be 9 years old in May (Iron Man's debut month in 2008) and it's amazing how much they've churned out and established.

DC needed to ensure the same universe-building would happen after TDK Rises ended. But instead they fucked up with Green Lantern.
>>
>>89869574
>55 million
>1st Lego movie opened to 70 million
>It was tracking for 80million ow

It's performing terrible for how critically good it is.
>>
>>89853818
Silent hill movie was good though.
>>
>>89869206
It's not actually that hot. It's white people spicy.

It's also got Kidney beans so a lot of chili enthusiasts/purists hate it.
>>
>>89868834
>That feel when if it wasn't for Marvel throwing movie rights around like doofuses, we wouldn't have had Guardians of the Galaxy
>>
>>89870455
I wonder what the MCU would be like if they had had access to the X-Men, Fantastic 4 and Spidey. I always felt that the X-Men continuity didn't quite work with the rest of Marvel.
>>
>>89869737
He's talking about the second one, Revelations, the one loosely based on SH3. As a big fan of the series the first movie was decent, because even if it didn't adapt the story properly at all it had neat visuals and in general was an effective horror movie. The 2nd one was pure garbage, from cheap special effects to retarded story that even contradicts it's predecessor. It was such cheap pandering they made Pyramid Head a good guy for Christ's sake
>>
>>89864636
>>89864699
REEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.