[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ vs /a/ HEAVEN OR HELL, LETS ROCK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 49

/co/ vs /a/

HEAVEN OR HELL, LETS ROCK
>>
>>89849395
>death battle between to "no kill" sword masters
though in an exhibition match I'd go with Jack given the longer and wider breath of training growing up and in the future.
>>
I recently read that manga.

I can see blood lust Kenshin finishing off jack, if only with his special technique
>>
>>89849663
One of Death Battle's rules removes killing restraint
>>
File: NEqWorbkbLeltu_1_b.jpg (37KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
NEqWorbkbLeltu_1_b.jpg
37KB, 600x316px
Does Jack get any of his guns or is it strictly sword fighting?
>>
Kenshin would win if he was protecting someone.

>>89849700

There's no more Bloodlust Kenshin though. He had to let it go to learn said special technique.
>>
>>89849395
Jack's feats are superhuman. Can Kenshin compete?
>>
Is Kenshin's sword enchanted?
>>
>>89849965
no, but he's pro at breaking swords
>>
>>89849916
Yes.
>>
>>89850018
Jack's sword is unbreakable.
>>
Jack is faster and stronger and has survived worse.
>>
File: 1483666833604.jpg (53KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
1483666833604.jpg
53KB, 640x631px
>Kenshin
>not Goemon
ishygddt
>>
File: AggravatingSadHousefly.webm (831KB, 498x308px) Image search: [Google]
AggravatingSadHousefly.webm
831KB, 498x308px
>>
>>89849713
So then it's not the actual characters fighting, just mind-controlled puppets.
>>
File: gammaraykai.jpg (182KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
gammaraykai.jpg
182KB, 500x357px
>>89849395
Fuck yes, I fucking love Gamma Ray too anon
>>
>>89849663
>Jack
>no-kill

What show did you watch?
>>
>>89849663
>Jack
>no kill rule
Someone didn't watch the show at all, Jack absolutely slaughtered multiple human opponents multiple times in the series and on-screen killed dozens of sentient beings.

Really don't know where this "Jack has a no kill rule" came from, but it's absolutely bullshit.
>>
>>89850448
>So then it's not the actual characters fighting, just mind-controlled puppets.
it's a made up scenario
>>
>>89849395
Kenshin, but since we are on /co/ everyone will say Jack. Kenshin actually faces fierce enemies while Jack just faces drones who get wrekt and he got stalemated by some fat scotsman.
>>
>>89849395
Holy shit, Jack no doubt
And I love Kenshin but Jack is too powerful
>>
File: Minions.png (697KB, 1067x367px) Image search: [Google]
Minions.png
697KB, 1067x367px
>>89850501
>Jack just faces drones who get wrekt and he got stalemated by some fat scotsman.
>>
>>89850448
They keep every other personality trait (arrogance, stupidity, wit, recklessness,etc)
It's just that they no longer have to worry about morals
>>
>>89849395
Kenshin has anime sword skills like 9 dragon something. Also since it would be a death battle he would revert to his Battousai personality and instinct with all the skill he got from his good guy days.

Kenshin wins. Sorry Jack but your only good part is your sword, not even yourself.
>>
File: Jack vs The Bounty Hunters.webm (2MB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
Jack vs The Bounty Hunters.webm
2MB, 352x264px
>>
>>89850501
>Jack just faces drones

You mean other than all those times he took on extremely competent and deadly warriors?
>>
>>89850542
What is this proving? Those are just some mooks.
>>
>>89850501
Is this the point where we start cherry picking examples to prove our point?

It's my favorite part of arguing on 4chan
>>
>>89850587
and he still couldn't kill them. he survived an encounter with beings that only a god could destroy.
>>
>>89850587
They were divine minions of Set
>>
>>89849395
Jack's competency kind of varies depending upon what kind of episode he's in.
Sometimes he' so elite he kills everything in one pass.
At other times he's Jackie Chan.

In any case Jack's been fighting for much longer and has fought more stronger opponents. Crazy named attacks or otherwise.
>>
>>89850485
The robots in Samurai Jack are sentient to the point that they might as well be considered human.
>>
Jack is physically stronger, faster and has surpassed all his teachers in terms of skills.
>>
>>89850626
"gods" don't mean shit in fiction. if he is losing to some minions thats pathetic.

>>89850630
Kenshin would have defeated Set

>>89850655
no he hasn't kenshin has been through wars, and fought some of the strongest people imaginable. even sanosuke would probably stop jack. jack only appears strong because he faces weaklings he never faces strong named characters.
>>
>>89850702
>sentient robots are humans
oh boy here we go again
>>
>>89849395

Jack

I reckon Kenshin has more utility, and slightly more power, but Jack's very essence flies against his skillset

He has an unbreakable sword, therefore that swordbreaking shit is out the window unless he goes full Megaman boss rush kyotouryou

Fighting against Jack while in bersek mode doesn't work unless you're a fat scotsman, and I still think Jack could have killed them

Special techniques aren't going to work against a guy who survives encounters with demons and divine servants, and can counterattack with surrounding materials.

The longer the battle goes on, or the delay before the battle goes on, jack will have the greater advantage, as he's a master in battleground strategy from episode 1 for some reason.
>>
>>89849395
Well, let's compare how they deal with a machine gun. Kenshin ran away like a bitch until the gun jammed. Jack did this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt2UIoBIgDk
>>
File: lo kwalaty.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
lo kwalaty.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>89850727
or at the very least, low IQ posting.
>>
>>89850727
>kenshin has been through wars
War, singular, the boshin war, and that's it.
>>
>>89849395

Jack wins. This isn't even a contest.
>>
I love me some Kenshin and you have no idea how happy I am to see a sudden thread for him, but he doesn't stand a chance against Jack. Kenshin can't even use his best moves without wearing himself out.
>>
>>89850790
>i have no counterargument so it must be bait

pointless to debate with /co/ when you are all so fucking biased.
>>
>>89850837
Wasn't the True Hiten-whatever style killer on his body because it's really meant for Kenshiro-level physique?
I know his master was supposed to be a monster, but never read the manga.
>>
>>89850587
The Minions of Set fucked Jack up.
>>
>>89850922
Reason is that his body wasn't adjusted (he was scrawny as fuck) and that using a reverse sword also worked against him so he had to put more effort and therefore hurt himself even more.
>>
Anime/Manga swordsmen are overpowered as fuck even in the good series. They always pull some "I will now use this ancient technique" bullshit.
>>
Kenshin can't block fully automatic bullets and isn't even the strongest in his series. Funny how you're trying to shitpost about /co/ being biased but don't even know anything about Kenshin.
>>
>>89850869
All the arguments have been said, jack has fought the enchanted and realistic. He has fough along side armies and killed demons
>>
>>89850727
>sanosuke would probably stop jack
ha.
>>
>>89850448
Basically this has always been my chief complaint about Deathbattle. It's less the characters fighting and more so psychopaths with their powersets.

Look at their Spider-Man vs Batman fight. It ends with Spider-Man kicking Batman through the chest after he's webbed up and subdued. Peter would never do that.

I think changing the fight rules so that they would be motivated to win but would still fight in character would make things more interesting. That way you want have edgelord stuff like Wargreymon incinerating Red and Charizard and that blonde girl snapping Tifa's neck over a bar fight.
>>
>>89851023
he can also deflect full-auto fire
>>
File: 1486839634764.png (308KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1486839634764.png
308KB, 803x688px
Can any cartoon/anime character defeat Madara Uchiha though?
>>
This isn't even a fight. Kenshin is too much of a normie sword fighter.

Better yet...

Jack vs Guts would be better
>>
>>89850485
>>89850702
>>89850734
Jack is a Samurai. He won't kill unless you come at him, but if you come at him he's not holding back. He also avoided hurting the mind controlled kids from that DJ episode.

That's a bit different from Kenshin who has completely renounced killing.
>>
>>89851056
Deathbattle is bullshit, battles are won due fan votes not due logic or actual powers. I've seen characters win unwinnable combats because their fans were more vocal not because they could. Example Toph vs Gaara.
>>
>>89851082
Naruto
>>
>>89851089
>Kenshin is too much of a normie sword fighter.
>>
>>89851089
First we need to decide which Guts. Golden Age, Black Swordsman, or Berserker armor?
>>
>>89851082

Yeah, tons. The Flash for one.
>>
>>89851171
atomic banana peel
>>
>>89851197
>Implying Uchiha wouldn't lose to an atomic bananna peel
>>
>>89851082
Droopy dog
Wacky Daffy Duck
>>
Jack has more extensive training, from an extremely young age and in a wide variety of fields.
Jack has more impressive feats, defeating many magic or even godlike opponents.
Still, it feels like Kenshin might be faster. But that's due to the differences in animation more than anything.

I'm gonna give it to Jack, simply because he has a magic sword. Both of them demonstrate sword-breaking techniques, but Jack's sword can't be broken. Kenshin's sword isn't magic, so I assume it can be broken.
>>
File: Image.png (24KB, 612x750px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
24KB, 612x750px
Can any modern CN character defeat Gark?
Feats: he pulled the moon from orbit down to his backyards
>>
>>89851098
Jack has never killed a human being in the original four seasons. Genndy said so.
>>
>>89851236
>Can levitate
Nice try tho
>>
Kenshin can barely block a revolver shot. Jack can deflect gatling gun fire when he wants to.

Jack operates on a different scale than Kenshin. And on top of that, he has a superior sword.This isn't fair at all.
>>
Not really a buff on Kenshin feats but I am going with Jack

As far as I know Kenshin faced some strong people with some super sword techniques but he hasn't gone up against fucking futuristic robots and all the other crazy shit Jack has gone up against

That and Jack just has a way more diverse moveset
>>
File: goemon004[1].jpg (22KB, 367x300px) Image search: [Google]
goemon004[1].jpg
22KB, 367x300px
Give me one reason it shouldn't be Jack vs Ishikawa Goemon XIII instead

both are
>stoic wanderers
>have magic swords
>come from long lineage of swordsmen
>been trained as samurai and other arts from early childhood
>constantly fighting against machine guns and lasers and high-tech
>constantly get thrown into battles on others' behalf
>already at odds ideologically, so would be more likely to actually fight
>>
>>89851127
Toph beat Gaara?
I'm the biggest avatar fan you'll ever meet and I still think that's silly.
>>
>>89851127
If that was the case Goku, Drake, Tigerzord, and Ivy would have won
>>
>>89851343
Give me one reason why it shouldn't be Kenshin vs Goemon instead.
>>
>>89851343
>Give me one reason it shouldn't be Jack vs Ishikawa Goemon XIII instead

Because OP is a faggot.
>>
>>89851350
Toph younger girl beat Gaara Kazekage, yeah, and easily according. That's why I said deathbattle is pure bullshit.
>>
>>89851373
because then it would be an /a/ thread
>>
>>89851371
>Could the new Goku asspull power ups give Superman a match?
>>
>>89851350
After the match there was a conspiracy theory that she won because
A. Her sprite sheet was made as a collaboration effort from people who wanted to see her get in
B. They realized how fucked up it would be to kill a 12 year old blind girl
>>
>>89851402
Depends which Superman, but no for the vast majority of Supermen.
Vegeta in blue saiyan can't even lift 5 tons
>>
>>89851343
I forget, why does he work with Lupin again.
>>
>>89851390
Good, which means it would be either deleted on spot or ignored. These threads are pure cancer

Fuck off back to narutoforums
>>
>>89851127
Yeah it can be pretty bullshit at time. Toph VS Garra was probably the biggest one because seriously how the fuck?

Cloud VS Link was also kinda lame since they gave Link damn near everything in his arsenal but Cloud was limited to just his default sword and bottom tier materia
>>
>>89851056
see >>89850545
Granted I understand your POV
>>
>>89850408

Amerifats aren't huge about Lupin. There are fans here or there, but I've found more French and Italian fans
>>
>>89851343
People just do Jack vs Kenshin because they grew up on Toonami
>>
>>89851402
As usual it depends on who writes Superman.

Something like Silver Age, Grant Morrison, or Joe Casey Superman? No fucking way. Those Supermen shake off reality warping and survived the big bang and do "how do I even quantify this" stuff like opening up wormholes, traveling through time, and vibrating so fast they save the Omniverse from Marvel's Secret Wars a decade before it was even penned because Hypercrisis is real and the Thought Robot is touching you with his fingers.

Something like Geoff Johns Superman? Yeah, I can see "my punches can destroy the universe" Goku winning.
>>
>>89851836
Never understood this
>Can barely lift 40 tons
>His ki blast at maximum can barely destroy the solar system
>Somehow his punches destroy reality
How? it makes no sense, he has nor physical strenght nor ki energy to do so, so how?
>>
>>89850973
Isn't that kind of the point of the movie? To show the physical and mental trials kenshin had been through as the result of his fights?
>>
>>89849395
>guy that is literally fighting a god king
>a guy that lost to some christian and a burn victim
Having better animated fights that doesn't mean your character is instantly better
>>
File: Shichika_Yasuri.jpg (21KB, 281x400px) Image search: [Google]
Shichika_Yasuri.jpg
21KB, 281x400px
>>89849395
I honestly don't know enough about Jack's abilities to say for sure, but given that he has a magic sword and training that completely dominated a giant shape shifting fuckoff demon I'm assuming that Kenshin's impressive (but more or less human) feats do not compare. Step forward with your left foot and get your vagabond ass kicked, I'd wager.

Now here's a man* that's accustomed to dealing with unbreakable magic swords, guns, killer robots, AND time travel.

Get him, Shichika!! For love! Or not. Whatever!
>>
>>89849395
>Kenshin losing

>>89849916
Never read the mango I see.
>>
File: img000013.jpg (359KB, 800x1331px) Image search: [Google]
img000013.jpg
359KB, 800x1331px
Kenshin has so many feats that just make you got, lmao what the fuck.
>>
>>89851941
Toriyama's more of a gag writer and can forget things sometimes
>>
>>89852005
>Loses to god king on an episodic basis
>Beats man with fire powers on first try
>>
>>89850545
Except the thing is they fight differently without morals.
>>
Jack at his weakest could defeat Aku in a physical confrontation.

Compare how Jack did versus the Scotsman the first time, and then the second time in their competition against one another.

Jack started off as being fuck-off strong, and only ended up being even more fuck-off stronger at the end of the day.

He's obviously been nerfed for the new season though.
>>
>>89851941
>>89852121
It's a shonen thing. It's like in Saint Seiya where everyone starts talking about how they can move at the speed of light and it still takes them hours to travel from temple to temple fighting bosses until they get to the final boss.
>>
>>89852152

Jack beat Aku handily every time they fought, Aku's entire plan was to simply keep harassing Jack and keep him away from any portals that he might have been able to use. This way he could kill him when was desperate (see: The Lost City episode) or simply keep him from getting portals (see: Jump Good episode).

Aku lives to fuck with Jack, not fight him. This is the stated reason why he is so depressed in the new season. Jack has stopped caring and Aku can't provoke a reaction out of him.
>>
>>89852252
Thing you have to remember about the Scotsman fight is they were fighting on a narrow bridge. Jack obviously has superior mobility, but he couldn't fully utilize it on that bridge.

I'm confident that if that bridge were big enough to have 2 people walk by each other, Jack could take the Scotsman. But then, they'd have no reason to fight at all.
>>
They wouldn't fight.

They'd drink sake and discuss how Kenshin can help Jack take down Aku
>>
>>89852152
>Loses

More like teleports away in fear when his plans fail.

And didn't Shishio beat Kenshin the first time they fought?
>>
>>89852350
Enishi, too
>>
>>89852152
>Kenshing beating Shishio
Kenshin lost hard that fight, he lost, Shishio only died because his time limit.
>>
>>89852200
We actually see Himura fighting without moral.
>>
>>89851252
Oh my no, Jack's speed is fucking ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY
>>
>>89852341
I don't think there was a good reason for them to fight in the first place. Jack could've just jumped over the Scotsman.
>>
>>89852605
And risk falling on an unstable plank?

The Scotsman's hotheadness steered them towards fighting, but Jack pissed him off first by expecting the Scotsman to move aside on a narrow as fuck bridge.
>>
>>89852494

This also shows what a stone cold Mother fucker Jack can be. He knows full well that most people who fight him are only doing it because otherwise Aku will not only kill them but their entire civilization. And he doesn't give a fuck.
>>
File: p.jpg (308KB, 800x1220px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
308KB, 800x1220px
>>89852377
That's pushing it. In their final encounter he was getting the better of the fire mummy, unless my memory is really really bad.

Turns out it is not.

You could argue that Shishio may have been able to continue if it weren't for his time limit, but in their final exchange Kenshin's technique definitely won out over Shishio's. The momentum was on Kenshin's side when Shishio ran out of time.
>>
File: p.jpg (329KB, 800x1232px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
329KB, 800x1232px
>>89852725
>>
>>89852605

Jack was going to do that but the Scotsman refused because he didn't want to risk looking up Jack's robes. Same reason why he wouldn't let Jack just use the bridge as monkey bars, because he thought Jack was a gay boy that just wanted to look at his dick.
>>
File: p.jpg (321KB, 800x1212px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
321KB, 800x1212px
>>89852752
I should really reread this sometime. Such a good manga, and way fucking better than the anime. Especially that Trust and Betrayal garbage.
>>
>>89852821
>Trust and Betrayal garbage.
Why is this hated?
>>
>Doomguy beaten by Master Chief
deathbattle is shit.

Also,
>>89851056
this guy has a fantastic point.
In the Vegeta Shadow fight (retarded), Shadow just happens to have all 7 emeralds.
What should've happened is that Shadow would've said "If only I had a Chaos emerald..."
Then Vegeta would've said "What are you babbling about?"
Then basically Vegeta would've let Shadow get the emeralds, same way he let Cell get 18.
Instead Shadow just had them on him.

Also they cherrypick for their arguments.
SS4 Goku is "strong enough to lift a continent"

Goku has been capable of destroying planets since before S1, it just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>89852772
Jack never suggested jumping over the Scotsman. It went like this basically.

>Jack: move aside please.
>Scotsman: And fall over for some nip I don't know? Fuck off. You move.
>Jack: I just want to get to the otherside.
>Scotsman: Sure. Just back up and let me reach that side first.
>Jack: I'm in a hurry.
>Scotsman: So am I you rude fuck.
>Jack: how about I hang off the side?
>Scotsman: No you creepy faggot. How about we fight and throw the loser off the side?
>>
>>89852876
>SS4 Goku is "strong enough to lift a continent"
But he isn't, it's been proven, he struggles to lift stuf 000000.1% the weight of a continent
>>
>>89852343
I'm surprised Samurai Jack lacked a Kenshin reference.
Props on Lone Wolf and Cub tho.
>>
File: p.jpg (314KB, 800x1302px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
314KB, 800x1302px
>>89852863
I personally hate it for it's wannabe gritty and realistic take on the character and the story. I feel like it attempts to fundamentally change the tone of the story and the character and turn it into a period soap opera, complete with drama for the sake of drama, like Tomoe intentionally carving a scar into Kenshin's face.

This is what Kenshin really is. They tried to get far away from that and I resent them for it. That's what I hate Trust and Betrayal.
>>
>>89852719
Well, he let the princess go because she stood down and surrendered.
>>
As much as I love Kenshin, he doesn't have a leg to stand on against Jack.
>>
>>89853019
It was a different Kenshin though, his younger self, more angst and immature.
>>
>>89852979
Which makes 0 sense to me.

DBZ people have been able to move faster than human sight (which is really fucking fast by the way) BEFORE the DBZ power creep (or at least at the very beginning)

Master Roshi destroyed the fucking MOON during goku's 1st martial arts tournament.

Bullets have been a joke to them since the beginning of Roshi's training.

Kid goku in episode 1 of DB lifts Bulma's (admittedly small) car with Bulma in it.

And after the ludicrous power creeps of DBZ,
and after attaining power to begin to match the GOD OF DESTRUCTION, THE MOST POWERFUL BEING IN THE UNIVERSE...
Vegeta can't lift 5 tons.

Toriyama is straight up retarded.
>>
>>89852350
>Shishio
With those dumb exploding gloves and Kenshin in no-kill mode.
>>89852358
>Enishi
Bullshit stat boost and his style coincidentally being a specific counter for Kenshin's style.
>>
>>89853234
Was that in the Super Manga?
IIRC Toriyama only does the anime
>>
File: p.jpg (207KB, 800x1303px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
207KB, 800x1303px
>>89853170
That page I posted is from Remembrance, the very flashback that Trust and Betrayal was supposed to be based on.

I'm sure if you read the manga and saw Trust and Betrayal you'd agree they're quite different. You might even like Trust and Betrayal more, but there are fundamental differences that change the context of that whole segment.

I don't think it does his characterization in the manga justice, others think it enhances it. To each his own.
>>
>>89853351
Now that you mention it, it might not have been Toriyama.

Are Toei's filler writers complete idiots?
>>
>>89853351
Both manga and anime has Vegeta not being able to lift 5 tons even in blue saiyan god mode
>>
>>89850922
Pretty much, yes, but it was using the secret move more than anything that fucked him up.

>>89851056
The problem with this matchup is that you can't have Kenshin in a deathbattle because not killing is the entire point of his character. You can't just handwave it away because at that point you're depicting a different character.

Logistically, the only way this matchup makes sense is if it's Jack vs. 15 year old Kenshin, who was able to exert his skills to their full potential because he was Ted Bundy levels of kill crazy when he got mad.
>>
>>89851252
Isn't one of the things about Jack's sword that it can only hurt evil people? That would basically disqualify him since Kenshin is a pure hearted person
>>
>>89852863
Terrible adaptation of the Jinchu arc with off-model characters and changes to the story
>>
>>89853462
>>89853441
It's a Shonen thing. Like I mentioned before its like Saint Seiya and everyone being faster than light. It basically means "punch fast" like causing shockwaves with Beerus that threaten the universe boils down to "punch strong". The practicalities of such powers aren't really considered.
>>
>>89850727
>"gods" don't mean shit in fiction
Except they do you mong.
>>
>>89853993
The moment Jack tries to gut someone and the sword doesn't allow him to I assure you Jack would quit the fight right there.
>>
>>89854175
>>89853993
>Kenshin won't kill
>Jack's sword won't let him kill

They literally can't kill one another.

Ideally it ends with Jack breaking Kenshin's sword and then being stopped when the sword senses Kenshin's goodness. They then get sake together and chill.
>>
File: 1382852720445.jpg (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1382852720445.jpg
91KB, 640x480px
>>89851546
>Amerifats aren't huge about Lupin
another worthless thing to cut
>>
>>89852494
I came here to post that clip but you beat me to it.

Jack's speed is beyond reckoning.
>>
>That Tifa vs Yang fight

Death battle was and will alawys be shit.
>>
>>89849395
Let's put it this way.

The stakes of Rurouni Kenshin are almost never "Can Kenshin win this fight?" Yes, Kenshin can. He's the greatest there ever was, except for his own master. The question of Kenshin's skill is none at all. The real stakes are "Can Kenshin uphold his ideals?" The only reason there is any challenge at all for Kenshin is that Kenshin deliberately handicaps himself with a weapon that can't kill.

Jack, while a formidable opponent, has no such weapon. In fact, his weapon is crafted to be the ultimate killing tool and still there are some fights where he struggles.

For those looking for a feat, think about this. During his second fight with Aoshi, Kenshin was so fast that he was able to draw his blade, step forward, and slash Aoshi before Aoshi slit his throat off but AFTER Aoshi's blade was ALREADY PARTIALLY IN KENSHIN'S NECK.
>>
>>89851445
iirc Goemon was hired to kill Lupin, shit happens and now he's sworn to be the one to kill Lupin but he doesn't straight up kill him
>>
>>89849395
Assuming jack has it's swords it is no contest. All he needs to do is land one of these and he wins. https://youtu.be/pY4RAtFftR0?t=67

Remember Kenshin only has a normal katana with the edge on the back side.
>>
>>89852719
He could murder the whole world as long as he reaches his goal. None of it will have happened if he gets back to the past and beats aku. None of the people he killed will even exist.
>>
>>89852377
>Shishio only died because his time limit
And because KENSHIN REFUSED TO FUCKING KILL HIM.

Seriously Kenshin delivers 14 consecutive strikes in a span of a few seconds that ALL would have killed Shishio if not for the sakabato.
>>
>>89850727
>Kenshin would have defeated Set

The literal god in Egyptian mythology? That Set. That's the one right?

I'm sorry but even just going by the SJack vision, if his name isn't Kratos- no.
>>
>>89854332
This is the only way this fight ends.
>>
>>89849395
Samurai jack wins hands down, no contest. He has superior strength feats and extensive martial knowledge from around the world
>>
>>89854698
Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu is better than all of them.
>>
Does Jack ever block bullets?
>>
>>89852605
So Scotsman can look up Jack's robe? Not a chance laddie.
>>
>>89854493
Being the best in your own doesn't mean you win against a character who isn't the best in their world. The fact is Kenshin operates on a smaller scale than Jack. Kenshin can barely deflect a single revolver bullet and hides from gatling guns until they jam. Jack casually deflects gatling gun fire that never jams though he does favor avoidance (but rather than hide, will just charge it head on). Jack isn't slow either. He can take down several bounty hunters ambushing him in less than a second.

The magic sword seals the deal by eventually breaking Kenshin's blade.
>>
>>89852343
>>89854175
>>89854332
Of course they wouldn't fight. But that's not the point.

Here's the deal, and I get the feeling this is going to fall on deaf ears but I'm going to say it anyway.

The animations are just for fun. If you're focusing on who killed who and how out of character it is during the machinima, you're kind of missing the point. That part is just a formality, a bit of entertainment to showcase their abilities and the superiority of the one decided as the victor.

The part that actually matters is the comparison of abilities and feats in the research section. Yes, these two would not fight. That's true of most Death Battles. But that isn't the point.

All that matters is that the abilities and feats of X effectively counter or overwhelm Y. It is ability vs. ability more than character vs. character.

Beyond that it's all fluff. Completely out of character fun.
>>
>>89854788
Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki is so fucking fast it creates a vacuum. Jack can't compete with that shit.
>>
>>89851089
more like jack vs fred flinstone cause no way would kenshin lose to jack.
>>
>>89854751
See >>89850768
>>
>>89851388
Toph is a master level earth bender
>>
>>89854898
Gaara controls a fucking kaiju made of sand.
>>
>>89854825
>All that matters is that the abilities and feats of X effectively counter or overwhelm Y. It is ability vs. ability more than character vs. character.

See

>>89852876
>>89850448
>>89851056
>>89851127
>>
>>89855163
I mean if you think they're dumb, wrong, or disingenuous that's fine, I'm not trying to defend their character, I'm just saying the whole "Killing is out of character" argument is pointless. Of course it is. The machinima isn't meant to be in-character it's purely for entertainment. And it isn't what decides who wins, or at the very least isn't supposed to be.
>>
>>89855163
>>89854825
Would it really be so hard to contrive a situation where they'd fight each other without making them into vicious psychopaths that make one-liners in the pool of their enemy's blood?

We can't have a fight end in knock out, incapacitate, or surrender? It's mortal kombat fatality or nothing?

Either out of character murder puppets or no fight, there's no middle road here?
>>
>>89854829
Jack has the reactions and speed to block gatling gun fire. Assuming he can't tank that shit (since character's in Kenshin's universe have taken it and kept fighting), Jack can realize what's happening and either reduce the damage, or flat out punish Kenshin. Wouldn't be surprised if Jack could just Jump Good the fuck out of there.

Different scales.
>>
>>89855352
So I take it the machinima segment isn't your cup of tea. If you also disagree with the research most of the time I can see why you'd really hate the whole thing.

But yeah, the machinima is the internet equivalent of banging your toys together to make them fight. It's not a fanfic. Being in character or moral or whatever has absolutely no place in it. At all. Period.
>>
>>89854829
Jack has toon force on his side. Kenshin dont.
>>
>>89854161
no they don't. half the time they are so fucking weak they have to ask mortals for help or they just job and suck at everything. saying a character is a "god" means literally nothing unless they are actually established as ultra powerful.
>>
>>89855580
Plus, hasn't Jack been sliced, shot at, or pounded into the ground to the point his durability is no joke?
>>
File: HappyHulk.jpg (160KB, 427x576px) Image search: [Google]
HappyHulk.jpg
160KB, 427x576px
>>89855785
Are you trying to say that there are puny Gods?
>>
>>89855819
The nigga got hit by an explosion that sent him into atmospheric reentry. He made a crater in the place he landed in and immediately got up and continued his journey with his usual walk.
>>
>>89855958
Okay, then he definitely wins the durability test against Kenshin by a lot. It's been a long time since I read Rurouni Kenshin but I can tell you without any doubt that Kenshin has never shrugged off anything close to that.
>>
File: Kenshin-Oro.jpg (38KB, 602x338px) Image search: [Google]
Kenshin-Oro.jpg
38KB, 602x338px
>>89855958
That's toon level. Kenshin is way too grounded a character for this fight, even with his bullshit left foot and air pressure vacuums.

He still cuter tho
>>
File: scotsman.png (98KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
scotsman.png
98KB, 500x340px
A better question is whether Kenshin could beat the Scotsman, considering Kenshin is a pajama wearin...
>>
>>89856195

I really want to see under his kilt
>>
File: Scotsman_2.png (221KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Scotsman_2.png
221KB, 720x540px
basket faced
>>
File: Scotsman3.jpg (14KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Scotsman3.jpg
14KB, 300x240px
SLIPPER WIELDIN
>>
File: scotsman4.png (139KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
scotsman4.png
139KB, 1024x683px
Clype-Dreep-Bachle
>>
File: scotsman5.png (237KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
scotsman5.png
237KB, 720x540px
Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw
>>
>>89855958
He was wearing a hyper advanced space suit. Conversely, when human-Aku smacks him a few yards away, Jack notes that his strength is superhuman, in violation of their preset rules.
>>
File: scotsman6.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
scotsman6.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking
>>
>>89856195
I love the Scotsman, but I have doubts about his mobility. The main reason he fought Jack to a standstill after an entire day of fighting is because they were on a narrow bridge., limiting movement. A more open area would buff smaller and more agile fighters.

Scotsman's potential ace though are his grenades and machine gun leg.
>>
File: scotsman7.jpg (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
scotsman7.jpg
21KB, 200x200px
Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan
>>
File: scotsman8.jpg (28KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
scotsman8.jpg
28KB, 625x352px
Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed
>>
>>89853234
It's even worse. Bullets can hurt Krillin AND Goku.
>>
File: scotsman9.jpg (17KB, 240x222px) Image search: [Google]
scotsman9.jpg
17KB, 240x222px
Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie
>>
>>89849663
Yeah, a One minute melee would be far better since they are in character.
>>
File: scotsman10.jpg (29KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
scotsman10.jpg
29KB, 600x338px
Cally-Breek-Tattie!
>>
>>89850991
>Kenshin can't block fully automatic bullets and isn't even the strongest in his series.
Did we watch the same series? Motherfucker blocked FIRE by swinging his sword so fast it created a vacuum.
>>
>>89856195
>>89856301
>>89856343
>>89856399
>>89856449
>>89856491
>>89856538
>>89856581
>>89856646
>>89856688

I wish we had an interview for who came up with this masterpiece.
>>
>>89856688
someone post the greentext explaining what each insult means.
Because each one means something.
>>
File: 343392_1261166027267_full.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
343392_1261166027267_full.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
>>89856130
But who was the cuter kid?
>>
File: xOCxEwC6ekc.jpg (100KB, 615x435px) Image search: [Google]
xOCxEwC6ekc.jpg
100KB, 615x435px
>>89856946
Even Hiko Seijuro couldn't beat the cuteness out of Kenshin.
>>
>>89853234
This. I like Dragon Ball but the inconsistency of power levels relative to feats is just plain retarded. Capeshit does this, too, but at least most of the time you can blame
>differentwriter
>>
File: ggx2-sol-badguy-04.jpg (115KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
ggx2-sol-badguy-04.jpg
115KB, 560x700px
>>89849395
Could either one take on Sol Badguy?
>>
>>89858312
Sol has actually been on Death Battle and judging from their research of him there, probably not. Sol laid Ragna the fuck out even after the latter turned into some world ending Godzilla monster.
>>
>>89849395
Kenshin's good, but Jack is ridiculous. He got crushed by a 700 ton sumo at one point and was virtually unscathed, survived orbital reentry, and regularly deflects machine gun fire at point blank range. He also stomped 6 bounty hunters in less time that it took for a single drop of water to fall to the ground. His sword is also unbreakable.

They would never actually fight though
>>
>>89858622
But if they did Jack wins. His feats simply dwarf even Kenshin's insane speed and that is his greatest asset. If this were a death battle and they said Kenshin won, I'd call bullshit no matter what strained logic they used as justification. Jack is simply far more powerful and sturdy.
>>
>>89851546
>tfw watched Red Jacket Lupin on Adult Swim as a kid
>forgot about it and 10+ years pass
>check CrunchyRoll on a whim for various anime
>all the series are there

It's like I'm sitting in bed eating cereal past midnight all over again!
>>
File: Shinji_Crying_(EoE).png (270KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_Crying_(EoE).png
270KB, 853x480px
Who is the /co/ equivalent of Shinji?
>>
>>89850228
No it isn't. It breaks in a canon comic.
>>
>>89851278
Not even the bounty hunters?
>>
>>89858934
The comics aren't weren't made by Genndy and he's already disregarded them for the next season.
>>
>>89858924
Steven Universe?
>>
>>89858924
Charlie Brown
>>
File: chbrwn.jpg (154KB, 648x855px) Image search: [Google]
chbrwn.jpg
154KB, 648x855px
>>89859278
>>
>>89859278
Charlie Brown is at least redeemable
>>
>>89856742
He literally had to run and hide from a gattling gun after fighting Aoshi, waiting for the gun to jam. The reason people keep mentioning automatic fire is because he demonstrably proves he can't at the end of the first Aoshi arc, while Jack manages to do just that.
>>
>>89859278
I loved that part where Charlie Brown and his pen pal got giant robots.
>>
>>89849713
Does this rule apply to magical swords? Because Jack's sword won't harm whomever has a good heart.

Then again, Despite his kindness, Kenshin does have a bit of murdery past.
>>
>>89849395
>One of the greatest swordsmen in fiction vs someone who's not even one of the top 20 anime swordfighters
Fuck, at least choose Kenpachi, so that the fight could be entertaining.
>>
>>89851343
Does Goemon ever lose to anything? Besides Lupin.
>>
>>89851836
well that's the thing. If you're taking Goku at his absolute max, then you have to do the same for Superman for it to be fair to both characters.

Sadly this makes it no in way fair for Goku anyway.
>>
>>89854565
Yeah and if Kenshin had two wheels he would be a bike, but we're not talking about that
>>
>>89862637
Yeah, there's no reason to blame anything on the sakabato when Kenshin was thrashing Shishio in the end without needing to kill him. That handicap already wasn't enough.
>>
>>89851089
Guts would lose too
>>
>>89853351
toriyama is actually more closely connected with the super manga.
>>
>>89853462
that diretly contradicts kid goku lifting a big boulder thats definitely bigger than 5 tons.

i wouldnt really count it. it's like if a comic has Hulk being hurt by a captain america punch. its clearly bullshit.
>>
Samurai Jack vs Kenpachi Zaraki

who wins?
>>
>>89850564
Dude no. Kenshin may or may not have better sword skills but jack has literally every type of fighting skill. And from being sent to the future he's been in more dangerous situations than Kenshin has.

Even if Kenshin had a real blade Jack would just break it with his magic sword and Kenshin would be nigh defenseless.
>>
>>89862781
The Bleach guy with the funny hair. I don't know much about him beyond that. Him I guess?
>>
File: p.jpg (322KB, 800x1344px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
322KB, 800x1344px
>>89850564
>>89862820
It doesn't matter. Even if Kenshin could simply revert to Battousai for the hell of it, it would only make him weaker overall. This ain't no Metal Gear Revengeance.

Adding to that, Kenshin doesn't magically revert to battousai mode because his own life is in danger. Nearly every fight Kenshin is in is life or death.

Most importantly, Death Battle results are supposedly weighed on raw ability and max feats moreso than personality. The fight isn't a fanfic. If "Battousai Mode" were some serious mode power up or limiter removal it could be taken into account, but alas despite the VERY common misconception, it is not.
>>
>>89850501
Kenshin has only faced humans, peak humans sure, but Jack has faced super humans, aliens far stronger than Kenshin and has a magic sword. Really it boils down to Jack has a magic sword that can cut through almost anything. Kenshin just has a normal sword.
>>
>>89855352
>Would it really be so hard to contrive a situation where they'd fight each other without making them into vicious psychopaths that make one-liners in the pool of their enemy's blood?

The first page we actually see Kenshin in action as Himura Battosai, he says to a government official
>I have no grudge against you...but you must die for the new era

and then proceeds to leap into the air and plant a sword into the guy's head.
>>
>>89854898
Pls dude, Old Toph is a master earth bender.
Toph is a high level earth bender. She still struggles with sand and mud and can't deal with things that move at the speed of sound. Even as an old lady she can't deal with things at the speed of sound. Which is everything that emo faggot can do.
>>
>>89859353
Charlie Brown gets shat on, but he does have actual friends and people who genuinely like him in spite of the shit they give him. He's like a dorkier version of Arnold from Hey Arnold

Plus Peppermint Patty totally wants him.

>>89859338
I laughed
>>
Jack fights magic crap with a magic sword.

Kenshin ostensibly exists in a real-world historical setting an is based loosely on a person who actually existed. Obviously there are a lot of stretches of reality because shonen, but they generally try to provide somewhat grounded or realistic explanations to how people are able to do stuff. Hence why guns are still threatening; you're a dude with a sword, you're not going to want to face someone with a gun unless you're close enough to use it. It also played into the theme of fading samurai traditions in the post-restoration world of western technologies.

I love Kenshin, but it's really not a fair battle, and it's one that would never happen anyways. Kenshin would make it clear that he didn't want to kill Jack, and I can't imagine Jack wanting to kill an opponent who didn't want to kill him.
>>
>>89856528
His sword is magic too.
It's covered in runes.
>>
>>89862969
Kenshin's willingness to kill is so closely tied to his character development that you would have to specify whether it was post-Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki Kenshin or 15 year old Kenshin who was fighting. The latter is when he's at his peak in terms of skill, but he couldn't use ARnH or Kuzu Ryusen. The former fights to protect people, and doesn't kill (plus his skills have dulled from not killing), but he would be more determined to keep fighting until he did win, since he was fighting to protect something rather than just killing on command.
>>
>>89854939
And people always seem to forget that he's a fucking ninja. So he doesn't just get killed by a fucking rear-naked. I'm re-pissed about that episode now.
>>
>>89860014
>One of the greatest swordsmen in fiction
>evenly matched with random Scottish Benkei
>>
>>89855352
The immediate next question would be "what if character could actually kill". So yeah better to just skip ahead to that. Death gives us a more definitive answer to these hypothetical fights. Don't think about it too much and just have fun with it.
>>
>>89863106
Taking things like character development into account would only truly matter if this were a fanfic that needed to make sense. We need only focus on the maximum each character is capable of, then make a silly video where a game sprite gets cut in half.

Also, it really bothers me how wrong you are about Kenshin by the end of the manga vs. Kenshin during the Bakumatsu. Kenshin was much stronger in the present than he was in the past.

Your interpretation of events is deeply flawed. The difference between the Hitokiri and the Rurouni is strength born of desperation vs. the will to live, and the will to live is stronger. That's why he could master his techniques.

Saying he's dulled or weakened is preposterous. If that were the case he'd be dead. Kenshin says himself on several occasions that he is much stronger for the changes he's undergone.
>>
>>89849916
>Jack's feats are superhuman. Can Kenshin compete?
Kenshin can fire wind blades from his sword by swinging it at max speed.

Completely invisible, unblockable wind blades.

Admittedly it was anime filler only, but it's still a feat.
>>
>>89849395
Draw.

Kenshin will eventually lose interest in the fight since he can tell Jack's nature isn't malicious but a man trying to do right. He will offer Jack his help once he knows the story since he is that kind of guy.
>>
>>89859792
>>89861089
This is why Death Battle only works on paper and not in a narrative way.

Goku wouldn't just keep throwing himself at Superman till death and Superman even when unleashed wont kill an opponent that doesn't have evil intent.

Kenshin and Jack would be close friends very quickly and Kenshin would be a driving force towards the end since Kenshin has a tendency towards driving evil to its knees despite his murdery past.
>>
File: Confused manga.gif (70KB, 296x335px) Image search: [Google]
Confused manga.gif
70KB, 296x335px
>>89851418
>B
Then it was their fault for putting a 12-year-old blind girl in a fucking deathmatch with a ninja
>>
>>89863359
>This is why Death Battle only works on paper and not in a narrative way.
This so much. I feel like a lot of people would rather have a nice crossover fanfic than a exhibition fight, but that's not really what Death Battle is about. Usually. There are exceptions.
>>
>>89850501
Jack has fought demigods and actual monsters.

Kenshin struggles to turn aside a single bullet. Jack deflects automatic machinegun fire without difficulty. The kind of speed Kenshin only pulls off in high last-ditch techniques when he's straining his entire physical and mental reserve is the kind of speed Jack functions at on the regular.

I like Kenshin, but dude, Jack is actually like a martial deity pretty much.
>>
>>89863384
God I's kill for a cheesy Dragon Ball DCU crossover.

God we need more Crossover threads in /co/

GIJoe x Transformers x Fast and the Furious

Ash x Hack/slash

Punisher x Boondock Saints

Batman x Assassins Creed

Constantine x Supernatural or Dresden Files for all you pulp fiction /lit/ fans.
>>
>>89849395

>Jack vs Kenshin
>Not Jack vs Raiden

That would've been an infinitely more interesting matchup

Jack vs. Kenshin is too one sided
>>
>>89849395
Come to think of it, who would you guys say are the seven most proficient samurai in cartoons/anime?

Jack and Kenshin are definitely up there.

Nanashi maybe? Fake Assassin? The guy from the end of Samurai Champloo?
>>
>>89863474
pure skill wise or taking other abilities into account?

Cause they're gonna be entirely different answers.

There's 6 gorrillion animeme samurai that are good with a sword because they also have 'goes fast' or 'shadow clones' or some other form of bullshit/magic.

Remove those powers and take only weaponry/martial arts into account.
>>
>>89863474

>That guy from the end of Samurai Champloo?

Kariya

Also isn't Kenshin's master even better than he is?
>>
>>89863246
>Taking things like character development into account would only truly matter if this were a fanfic that needed to make sense
Basically reinforcing >>89851056 this guy's point. You could be a DB writer with reasoning like that

>We need only focus on the maximum each character is capable of
Kenshin at his peak was able to rack up a kill count in the triple digits (mind you, these are covert assassinations, not battlefield kills) in a period of six months. But he wouldn't be able to use the ARnH because learning it required him to give his own life value, which he had never been concerned about during his Battosai days. Once he realized this, he discovered the conviction to keep fighting in the face of certain death, which allowed him to win against Shishio and Enishi. Compare this to his fight against Tatsumi, where he basically decided to Kamikaze his opponent and would have died had Tomoe not stepped in. They're two different kinds of strength, which was the point I was trying to make.

>Saying he's dulled or weakened is preposterous
Saito and Hiko Seijuro (the guy who TRAINED him) both said straight up that Kenshin had gotten weaker since the Bakumatsu. They devoted like 4 chapters at the beginning of the Kyoto arc to demonstrating that Kenshin was having much more difficulty winning fights than he would have ten years before the series started.

>Kenshin says himself on several occasions that he is much stronger for the changes he's undergone.
Appeal to ambiguity.
>>
File: Kyotoryu vs Hari.gif (3MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Kyotoryu vs Hari.gif
3MB, 260x146px
>>89863474
Shichika, but sadly not many seem to recognize the character. A pity, I think a lot of you fans of Jack would really dig Katanagatari.
>>
>>89863515
Yep. The writer basically admitted that he had to think of ways to prevent Kenshin's master from getting involved in any of the serious fights because he was too strong, which is why his only fight in the series is against a literal giant.
>>
>>89863565
I've watched it.

I'm not sure he counts as a samurai though. He's... a swordsman.

>>89863514
Pure skill. I only allow Fake Assassin in maybe because he was so skilled he sort of simulated magic, rather than actually being magic.
>>
>>89863553
>You could be a DB writer with reasoning like that
Okay? I get it, you don't like the ability over character nature of Death Battle. What do you want, an apology? That just isn't how it's set up, no matter how mad it makes you. If it bugs you so much, no one is stopping you from writing a crossover fic that takes the character's personalities into account.

>They're two different kinds of strength, which was the point I was trying to make.
So long as you don't think battousai mode is some sort of power up and understand that by the end of the manga he'd become much stronger than he was during the Bakumatsu. You don't want to admit that? Fine. I won't try to deny you your headcanon anymore.
>>
File: made me reply.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
made me reply.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>89863659
>Proof by assertion
Okay, I think we're done here.
>>
>>89863692
Very cute. Here you go, smart guy.
>>89862969

A clear statement from the end of the manga. If you'd like to try to spin it so you can be right feel free to do so, but I've seen enough people like you in these kinds of threads to know it's time to quit either way.
>>
File: 4431528812635.png (165KB, 467x338px) Image search: [Google]
4431528812635.png
165KB, 467x338px
>>89863808
>Quoting fan translations out of context to support an argument
Quitting does sound like a good choice.
>>
>>89853993
Jack's sword can't hurt the innocent or the righteous

Kenshin adhering to the later maybe debatable but he is absolutleynnit innocent
>>
>>89854493
Dude thats still slow as shit compared to jack.

Who was able to fight and kill 5 guys incompacitate the sixth and sheath his blade all befor a drop of water hit the ground.

Kenshin is slow
>>
>>89863565
Why? They have almost nothing in common and the gif you posted certainly gives the impression you're trying to trick people. It really wasn't very good.
>>
>>89849395
Kenshin series is just slightly above realistic aka barely superhuman, Jack is full superhuman fantasy
>>
>>89863565
Man, the Japanese sure are bad at adapting Exodus.
>>
>>89849395
Jack wins against Kenshin but not against Battousai
>>
>>89864272
>Kenshin
>Innocent
He's slaughtered hundreds, if not thousands, without remorse.
He's 'atoning' now, and he's 'righteous' but he's nowhere near innocent.
>>
>>89865356
Which is what i said
>>
>>89865471
Oh sorry, I couldn't make sense of your illiterate spaz out. English as a second language must be hard.
>>
>>89864007
>Proof by assertion
Okay, I think we're done here.
>>
>>89850448
Autism
>>
File: IMG_3710.png (2MB, 633x3094px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3710.png
2MB, 633x3094px
>>89851082
One Punch Meme
>>
File: 1485468204838m.jpg (71KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485468204838m.jpg
71KB, 1024x640px
>>89851082
I loved this meme.
>>
>>89863659
>Okay?
Not to you, apparently. People have pointed out that removing the fundamental traits of a character defeats the purpose of pitting them against another character in a fight because it's not actually that character at all, and you've endlessly repeated "it's not a fanfic, it's not a fanfic, stop thinking, it's not supposed to make sense, stop thinking, it's just for fun" as if that somehow shielded it from criticism. It's not even true by Death Battle's own logic, since the show itself takes pride in meticulous research and analysis, and claims that its results accurately reflect which character would "really" win in a fight. But some characters wouldn't get into a fight at all if you didn't change their personalities so much that they aren't even the same characters anymore, which defeats the show's whole purpose.

Your excuses don't make Death Battle "not a fanfic", they make it a bad fanfic.
>>
>>89850727
Okay now you're just being a weeb faggot about it
>>
>>89854458
Mad cuz your waifu got suped?
>>
>>89868058
There is no argument here. I'm just telling you how it's set up and you're telling my why you don't like that, as though I had any say in it to begin with. And you're right. They aren't the same characters. They aren't even the bad characters you think they are; they are EVEN LESS.

They are just that character's statistics. Compared to another. And then based on what statistics are more impressive or countered, an animation is made. I get that you are not amused by that. You don't see the merit. It's fine to hate it, but why get pissy with me? Whatever happened to don't like it don't read/watch it?

I'm not mad at you for not accepting it. I just wanted people to understand these fights aren't personality based most of the time because they just aren't. Not in terms of how Death Battle works, but despite the title you can do what you like in this thread. I wouldn't slap the name Death Battle on your fanfic though it'd be confusing.
>>
File: 1481485750239.png (317KB, 690x968px) Image search: [Google]
1481485750239.png
317KB, 690x968px
>>89850573
WHY HAS NO ONE ABOUT THIS?
>>
>>89855352
>Name of the show is DEATH Battle
>>
>>89858312
Hell no

Sol is stupid broken
>>
File: jigen.jpg (31KB, 728x549px) Image search: [Google]
jigen.jpg
31KB, 728x549px
>>89851343
>Pointing out all of this shit
>Not pointing out they both know Jigen.
>>
File: Superman-3D-Art.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Superman-3D-Art.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>89858312
Could Superman take on Sol?
>>
File: 1479649065915.jpg (147KB, 1000x766px) Image search: [Google]
1479649065915.jpg
147KB, 1000x766px
who would win
>>
>not Jack vs Afro
>>
>>89863359
What amazes me is that they never go into how utterly meaningless Death is for Goku in the Death Battles. He can literally teleport to Heaven instantaneously.

For his fights, where timing is key to stop someone from destroying the Earth, yeah, that matters. But for trying to beat Supes? Who won't destroy the Earth? I could actually see him just teleporting down from King Kai's planet and saying "Awe, man, that was AWESOME! Can you teach me?" to Supes' latest way of killing him.
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.