[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Dexter's accent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What was Dexter's accent?
>>
>>89846078
Funny
>>
>>89846078
Russian, maybe.
>>
Austrian.
>>
>>89846078
Some faux-European accent that he made up to make himself sound smarter.
>>
>>89846078
German
>>
>>89846078
Central European so either german or austrian.
>>
>>89846416
>>
He's like sean connery. He has an accent of his own.
>>
>>89846078
Communist
>>
>>89846078
the creator is Russian
>>
>>89848801
It's definitely not a Russian accent.

Sounds like a really bad German accent with some French mannerisms to me.
>>
>Dexter's accent originated from when Genndy Tartakovsky was at CalArts and his roommate, Rob Renzetti would leave him answering machine messages in a comedic French accent. Later, in developing the show, they would take the voice and add traces of Russian and German accents as well.

I don't know if IMDb is an reliable source.
>>
>>89846078
Maybe we should ask his voice actor?

JK she's fucking dead
>>
>>89849438
>genndy and rob were roommates at calarts
I wish very hard that this is true
It would be perfect
>>
>>89849515
I don't know that they were roommates, but Genndy, Rob, and Craig McCracken (while we're on the subject) were all in the same class at CalArts. I do know that Genndy and Craig lived together for a little while after graduation, but not during school, and it was during this period that they got jobs on 2 Stupid Dogs, which, I just found out, Rob did as well.
>>
His accent was of the "old country"
>>
>>89849467
You can ask Candi Milo. You know, the voice actor from the later seasons?
>>
>>89846078
In my country's dub Dexter was voiced by the same woman who voiced Bart Simpson. She didn't even try to disguise it. And Dee Dee was voiced by Lisa's actress as well, no distinction. It was kinda weird.
>>
>>89849271
So, an Alsace-Lorraine accent?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.