[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Starro?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What does /co/ think of Starro?
>>
gay
>>
cute
>>
>>89838713
I love him in REBELS
>>
I'd fuck it.
>>
File: 1744629999_11c3cf3fe5_o.jpg (35KB, 165x400px) Image search: [Google]
1744629999_11c3cf3fe5_o.jpg
35KB, 165x400px
>>89838736
>>
>>89838780
That was a good middle ground. Allowed for creators to use the Starros on their own since they were still naturally parasitic but gave a "head" villain to fight in that warlike way.
>>
>>89838713
I liked his musclebound barbarian phase.
>>
>>89838713
HE LIVES
>>
>Starro
>T. O. Morrow
>Titano
>Metallo
>Sinestro
>Chemo
>Amazo
>Kanjar-Ro
>Despero
>Bizarro

This is actually just a really good team in general.
>>
>>89838713

wait... T.O. Morrow doesnt end in 'O'
>>
>>89840391
Theodoro Osamako Morrow?
>>
>>89838713
Love him, should have been the villain of the Justice League movie
>>
>>89838713
Love him, thought the Conquerer arc was a wasted opportunity.
>>
>>89839773
Team name should be the "O Shit Nigga" squad.
>>
>>89838713

I kinda miss the Genghis Khan version.
>>
>>89838713
Kinda funny seeing him in Powerless
>>
>>89838785
You're a big eye.
>>
>>89838767
yeah
>>
>>89838713

I remember reading him in Sandman I think. It was way back then and Dream had him locked up in a chest.
>>
>>89841302
I think Joss Whedon actually had a point when he said that they didn't use the Skrulls for the first Avengers movie because they would be too complicated, meaning the plot was all about the Avengers and the villains had to just be bad guys to punch.

Starro is kind of the same deal. The JLA can't really just beat the shit out of a ton of mind-controlled civilians. I think this was part of why Apokolips was chosen as the "villain" for the first JL movie; para-demons are a really easy, guilt-free option for cannon fodder enemies. Of course they didn't HAVE to just copy Avengers, but that's the safest route.

Also I don't know if this is why you're suggesting Starro, but there's this common misconception that Starro was the League's original nemesis. Actually though they had fought in the League's original appearance of Brave and the Bold #28, this was not the team's origin. It wasn't until Justice League of America #9 that their origin was told, and it involved them fighting some aliens called the Appellaxians. These were used by Mark Waid in his excellent and highly accurate (except for fucking Black Canary) retelling of the JLA's early days, JLA Year One.

If it were up to me, the movie would be based on Year One. And although the enemies the JL fought in the origin episode of the animated series were supposed to be White Martians, I think they borrowed some elements of the Appellaxians.
>>
>>89841875
He's been in Powerless already?
>>
>>89843141
He got a cameo in the first episode, not sure about the second
>>
>>89838838
>>89838780
Mah niggas. Also, when he faced Captain Carrot and his Zoo Crew.
>>
I can't remember which run made Starro relatively cool.... maybe the Morrison run... Anyway, love Starro, just gotta use it properly.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.