[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are definining traits of mid-late 00's cartoons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

What are definining traits of mid-late 00's cartoons?
>>
Thick outlines and more angular shapes and art styles.
>>
Being mean-spirited.
>>
>DUDE EVERY CHARACTER'S AN ASSHOLE LMAO
>>
>>89837984
That they aged like shit.
>>
>>89838202
So pretty much like real people
>>
>>89838202
so loony toons
>>
File: 1459679820428.gif (152KB, 216x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459679820428.gif
152KB, 216x200px
>Flat colors
>Geometric artstyle
>>
Tweening
>>
>>89838265
*Tunes

and, no.
>>
>>89837984
Being painfully mediocre and forgettable.
>>
>>89838202
I shit you not

this
>>
File: Brandy&Mr.WhiskersTitleCard.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Brandy&Mr.WhiskersTitleCard.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
>>89837984
That they sometimes have hidden gems amongst in a pile of shit.
>>
>>89837984
Being shit.
>>
Cynical characters, with maybe one nice guy mixed in. Creative ideas but almost always wasted potential or don't explore the more interesting ideas that they pretty much gave themselves.

Decent voice acting with obnoxious directing mixed in, certainly setting the path for what 2010s have.
>>
>>89838442
>hidden gem
I know we're talking common points here, but let's not delude ourselves.
>>
>>89837984
The character/s that they want you to like and sympathize with are assholes
>>
>>89837984

>focused visual design
>creator-led approach, rather than design by committee
>emphasis on visual rather than verbal storytelling

Its something we're seeing a clear return to, and the approach has it's upsides and downsides. On the positive, you end up with a show that resonates with personality, an honest reflection of a creative vision. You also end up with egotistical creators who either butt heads with the network and poison the well in the process or work themselves to death trying to micromanage every aspect of the process. The former happened to John K., the latter to Hirsch. There's also the case of inexperienced showrunners being handed too much responsibility and making gross errors of management in the process (e.g. hiring a mentally unstable tumblr fanartist on as a storyboarder and then having to axe her when she has a meltdown because you won't let her inject her shitty crack ship into the show.)

Sometimes you get wonder success stories, sometimes you get fiascos. But it's still a hell of a lot better than the alternative.
>>
>>89837984
Only a few were memorable with the rest being either meh or downright shit.
>>
>>89837984
Flash animation
Anime influence
Increase in imported cartoons (mainly Canada and France)
Cartoon Network being experimental and it blowing up in their face
Nickelodeon focusing most of their energy on Spongebob
Disney Channel focusing mainly on sitcoms
>>
Moms having huge hips.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.