[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad was his run on Avengers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: geoff-johns-rings.jpg (89KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
geoff-johns-rings.jpg
89KB, 300x325px
>>
>>89830554
>bad
It wasn't bad. It was just standart super hero stuff.

I liked Johns run because he treated all the characters with respect, especially when it comes to Scarlet Witch and Vision.
>>
File: Johns' FapFic.jpg (2MB, 1900x2952px) Image search: [Google]
Johns' FapFic.jpg
2MB, 1900x2952px
>>89830554
It was nothing special, but it did give us Pym and Janet as the kinkest Avengers.
>>
Better than the shit Bendis released just after.
He probably would have improved with theme.

Thank god, the cereal king work for DC. He made comics great again. For Marvel he would have been forced to create Nova helmet based on sexual orientation scale.
>>
>>89830554
Not great, better than Bendis.

He's admitted that it wasn't his best work, which given that it's still perfectly readable, is a pretty good indication of his self-critic levels with at least SOME things.
>>
DELL RUSK
>>
>>89830554
Pretty boiler plate stuff
>>
Red Zone is one of my favorite Avengers stories
>>
>>89834128
Dude has at self critics. No Marvel writer has.
>>
I read an issue and it was all right. Geoff Johns writing at Marvel feels really bizarre though. Like drinking a can of Pepsi and you realize it tastes like Coke instead.
>>
>>89834338
Hard to believe Johns worked for someone else then DC. It was 2002 to 2004, more than 13 years ago since the run ended.

Now Johns is in DC DNA. In 13 years he did so much. Flash, Green Lantern, the multiverse. He brought everything back. And now Rebirth.
>>
>>89830554
It was better than his JL run, while it was bad at least it didn't Fuck up as much.
>>
It was ok. The bad part is the lettering, it's very painful to read.

I liked the disease arc.
>>
>>89830554
It was an uneasy compromise between the old-fashioned style of Kurt Busiek's Avengers and the more modern style that Marvel was pushing for at the time.

Johns has a less old fashioned style than Busiek (no bombastic captions, no thought bubbles) but he was still using basically the same cast from the Busiek era and doing silly old-school plots like Hulk fighting She-Hulk and the Red Skull disguised as "Dell Rusk," so it didn't fully please either old school or new school fans.

I wish Johns and Brevoort had pulled the Avengers Disassembled trigger earlier, blown up the book and revamped the cast. It was always going to happen one way or another and I wish another writer than Bendis had got the assignment.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.