[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I start with Watchmen? There seems to be so many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: wanda.jpg (34KB, 250x400px) Image search: [Google]
wanda.jpg
34KB, 250x400px
Where should I start with Watchmen? There seems to be so many different series and spinoffs.
>>
I mean Sandman, fuck. What an embarrassing typo.
>>
>>89828271

Bait? All you need to read is "watchmen."
>>
>>89828289
Are we talking Golden Age Sandman or Vertigo Sandman?

With Vertigo, start with Vol 1: Preludes and Nocturnes. I'm not really sure where to begin with Golden Age, just that his sidekick would go on the lead the JSA for a bit.
>>
In both cases, just read the primary titular series
Enjoy the prequels and spinoffs when you're done, if you want, but don't let them taint your opinion of the original
>>
>>89828271
Start with The Watchmen. Then New Watchmen, Secret Watchmen, Ultimate Watchmen, Uncanny Watchmen, skip Watchmen Unlimited
>>
>>89828328
I assume OP means the Neil Gaiman series, since that's the good one.
>>
>>89828289
>I mean Sandman, fuck. What an embarrassing typo.

it's cool, the keys are all like right next to each other
>>
>>89828289
Start at issue #1, duh?

This is kind of a silly thread.
>>
>>89828289
just read the main book first.
as for the spinoffs I have not read most of them but the bast one was really fantastic and I liked the endless cavort with suns story as well.
>>
>>89828401
>Implying
Sandman Mystery Theatre is great you pleb.
>>
File: im a detective.jpg (261KB, 1479x507px) Image search: [Google]
im a detective.jpg
261KB, 1479x507px
>>89829500
I actually dropped it out of boredom. It made lesbians boring. That was the last straw.
>>
>>89829607
>tfw no Dream bf
>>
>>89828271
Baby Watchmen is probably the most accessible of the franchise, and then if you want a light girl power romp try Watchwomen, and finally the Watchpets spinoff is quite good if you like funny animal stories.
>>
WatchmeX is the best, desu. Kinda 90s extreme but in a fun way.
>>
>>89829782
How could you forget about the cartoon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w
>>
>>89829894
cartoon's technically a different continuity
>>
>>89829782
>Watchpets
Holy shit I want this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.