[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simon and Jessica catch up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Green-Lanterns-7-Cover.jpg (385KB, 914x1406px) Image search: [Google]
Green-Lanterns-7-Cover.jpg
385KB, 914x1406px
So I used to be huge into all things Lantern related. Then around Relic/Godhead I trailed off. Those two arcs being shit, and stuff in life had me just... fade away. Well I'm hearing a lot of the right things about the two current series, Omega Men, Sinestro Corps sounded good to great, and I always wanted to finish Red Lanterns. So I want to catch up.

The core books are easy, but now Simon and Jessica are focal points. What do I read to catch up with their stories? Last I saw of Simon, he was going back to his home planet. Last I saw of Jessica was the first we saw of her. A ring was angrily knocking on her door.

So what do I read to get their developments since then?
>>
Simon was mostly ignored, he made an appearance in Godhead and had a talk with Guy.
Jessica got developed in Justice League, just read John's run on it, and decide if you want to find a synopsis for Darkseid War or if you want to slog through it.
Then you'll hit Rebirth, when you should read the GL Rebirth Oneshot, then start both series proper.

Also there's a cute story in the Rebirth Holiday special, and they're regulars in Justice League where Jessica has a thing with Barry.
>>
>>89827995
>Thing with Barry
God damn it.

Anyway. Fits with what I've manged to find. Simon shows up, but he stays very static. Jessica actually changes. So what issue of JL do I start with? Are there a crapfuck of tie ins? Because I swear that book always seemed to be in the middle of some sort of event styled arc.

And I've actually got all the GL comics and that Holiday Special. Just have to spend some time putting them in order. And figure out what JL to buy/what order to put it in.
>>
>>89828056
Since you've already read Forever Evil, you can pick up at JL #33.
There's a few tie ins for Darkseid war, just like five or six.
The Shazam and GL ones are amazing. King writing the fuck out of Hal.

Plus, reading JL will get you up to speed on Lex Luthor- legitimate Superhero.
>>
>>89828056
Don't read Rebirth JL
>>
>>89828174

I haven't read Forever Evil. I haven't read any of Johns run. I sort of ignored it out of spite because no Martian Manhhunter.

The solicit for 33 on MyComicShop makes it sound like the end of some other bullshit, yet also clearly Jessica's first appearance. So there I go.

And sure, why not read Lex bullshittery. With a Superman I want to read about back, I've been curious as to how that line is doing overall.
>>
>>89828252
Then read Forever Evil and find the short reading order, it's fucking great, it was the point where New 52 started getting it's shit together.
You kinda want to understand what the deal with Power Ring is.
And it's required reading if you plan to read Darkseid War.
>>
>>89828342

Okay, so to get Power Ring/Lantern lore and Volthoom stuff I should start at Forever Evil? Ah fuck more to buy.

Jessica's character development; is it through the whole book, or is there a point where she becomes static like Simon and I can tune out, and skip ahead to Rebirth?
>>
>>89828397
Jessica shows up just at the end of Forever Evil.
She has a bit of development in New 52 JL.
>>
>>89828397
She has a bit of development in her debut arc and in Darkseid War but not much in between
>>
>>89828056
Don't read rebirth justice league. And the Barry thing already ended, he's dating Iris in his solo.
>>
Baz just has his appearance in New 52 Johns GL, to the end. After that, he's constantly in the background.

Unfortunately, the Bunn Sinestro series while fan-fuckin-tastic, has been basically ignored by Vendetti (alongside Justice League, which has the GLC all on earth at the end, despite their absence in the universe being the status quo of every other Lantern book).

Jessica's sorta wasted after her debut in the first arc post Forever Evil anyway; put into a coma for most of Amazo Virus, and possessed by Volthoom in Darkseid War.
>>
>>89828598

So she has
>Debute arc
>Coma-ed
>Gets control of the ring/an actual uniform.
>>
Yeah. Yeeeah. Seems if I want the full Lantern lore out of JL I have to read Forever Evil until the end, with assosiated tie ins, because sure.

Very roughly 34ish comics.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>89829082

the tie-ins to Darkseid War really aren't necessary, but they are generally good (the King/Shaner issue starring Hal, and the Orlando/Kollins? SHAZAM one-shots are great)
>>
>>89829143

Considering my GL focus, the Hal issue at least is a must.
>>
>>89829082
>34ish comics.
You don't need to read every single Forever Evil tie in. It's more like 12 comics, 15 tops.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.