[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To Americans who have seen Lego Batman in cinemas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (596KB, 531x792px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
596KB, 531x792px
Did pic related occur at all before the movie?
>>
>>89808214
Why would a Disney thing be a special message for a WB movie?
Sounds like bullcrap but idk.
>>
>>89808214
No such thing at my screening and I was there 20+ minutes early
>>
I'd guess it'd depend on the local theater chain. They all run different ads. And now the ads are getting into that silence your cell phone, locate the excites, you wouldn't steal a car, bullshit.
>>
Western New York here, yeah, they played it.
>>
Star and Marco are just a cute well designed couple in general. I could see them working in all sorts of advertisements or public service messages, and still appeal well to people who aren't at all familiar with the cartoon itself.

Like those radio commercials that always have two people discussing something. Those writers try to come up with characters that play off each other. Star and Marco are a couple well designed for that sort of thing.
>>
>>89810142
Please tell us more.
>>
>>89810142
DETAILS MAN DETAILS
>>
>>89810321
>>89810425
Okay, but this is coming from someone who's never seen Star Vs. and might misremember shit.
>theater setting, marco and star are sitting next to each other, separated by one seat which has a box of donuts
>deep-voiced narrator
>"This is Star Butterfly. She's not from this world."
>star does some weird magic alien shit or whatever
>"This is Marco, her human friend."
>"Star, you gotta keep it down. You're distracting the movie-goers, turn off your cell phone!"
>star: "okay i will but there's no rule against MAGIC CANDY CANE GUN" (or something like that
>star shoots her weird wand thing at marco and a portal opens up above him except instead of candy, a mountain of spaghetti befalls him and it's a big gag
>then a phone rings
>marco: "star, i told you to turn off your cell phone during the movie!"
>"it's not MY cell phone, it's the donuts!"
>the box of donuts reaches out its cell phone and begins talking on it
>donuts talking loudly "yeah, i'm at the theater now. Yeah, did you ever see the one where the main girl dies at the end?"
>the theater gets mad at him for spoiling the movie and star says something like "we're not with him!" and then the don't use your cell phones at the movie thing starts
>>
>>89810910
Online upload when?
>>
>>89810910
Huh, that's just a scene from one of the episodes. Sounds slightly modified in terms of voiceover narration or whatever but still.

Good to know but disappointing for fags like me who wanted new material.
>>
>>89811589
Damn, that does sound disappointing. Sorry to be the one to break it to you guys. That being said, it kinda makes me interested in seeing the show so maybe even that ad will be enough to garner new fans.
>>
>>89808214
No.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.