[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret Empire Full Reveal Interview with Alonso and Brevoort

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 45

>After the events of "Civil War 2," the Marvel Universe's biggest and brightest superheroes are reeling at best. Things are about to get a lot worse.

>Bruce Banner (Incredible Hulk) and James Rhodes (War Machine) are lost and the incomparable Tony Stark is in some kind of coma, passing off the mantle of Iron Man to Riri Williams. All while superheroes like Captain Marvel will have to deal with the repercussions of their actions in the series, which rolled out late last year.

>It's kind of a mess and that's where Captain America steps in. Everything changed last May for the formerly squeaky clean icon when it was revealed he was actually a Hydra agent, the nefarious underworld organization he had been fighting against for the last 70 years.

>With this Earth-shattering news still fresh in the beleaguered minds of die-hard Cap fans, the question is where do they go from here? Enter Marvel's new series "Secret Empire," where everything is about to change, not just for Captain America, but for absolutely every hero in the Marvel Universe.

>ABC News exclusively spoke with Marvel's Senior Vice President Tom Brevoort and Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso about the recent past, the present and the future of Marvel Comics.

>Hydra?!

>After Steve Rogers had his super soldier serum neutralized a few years back, he could no longer be Captain America. Sam Wilson, the Falcon and Steve's best friend, stepped in until a character named Kobik, a living cosmic cube, used its powers to bring him back, with one unknown caveat.

>"Unbeknownst to anybody but the readers, when Kobik did this thing to Cap, she had been influenced by the Red Skull [his archenemy dating back to WWII]," Brevoort explained to ABC News. "She didn't just restore Steve, but changed his history, so that he had been a Hydra operative and true believer going back to his earliest days as a young man in the 1920's and 1930's."
>>
>When that was revealed in "Captain America: Steve Rogers #1," everyone lost their minds. Even the actor Chris Evans, who plays Cap in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, tweeted his confusion and frustration. "Hydra?!?!? #sayitaintso," he wrote.

>"It's a pretty juicy turn of events," Brevoort said. "This character, who is the most respected, the moral compass of the Marvel Universe ... is secretly a viper in the nest?!"

>Fast forward to a post "Civil War 2" universe and, while the readers know, those in the Marvel Universe are blissfully unaware of Cap's true motives and ties. But, that's all about to change.

>"Every time there's a scene with Steve Rogers, it takes on two levels of meaning," Brevoort added. "There's the surface of whatever's going on, whatever bad guy Cap and Spider-Man are punching and there's this secondary level, like what's he really doing? 'OMG, Spidey, be careful, that guy's actually a bad guy!'"

>This highly-anticipated series, written by Nick Spencer, will be the culmination and unresolved turn of events from that shocking story, Brevoort explains. But like all Marvel books, there's no guarantee it will be wrapped up in any "neat, tidy bow" for the readers after its 9-issue run.

>"Steve has been kind of lining his dominoes up around the Marvel Universe to be able to make his move and bring about a Hydra revolution, a takeover," Brevoort said. "At the point of 'Secret Empire,' they are ready to go. That's the moment we hit as we go in."

>Cap will be unmasked as a Hydra agent pretty early on.

>"His plans and Hydra's plans will have begun to unfurl," Brevoort continued. "We are done with the covert portion, the buildup portion of the program, 'Secret Empire' if the pyrotechnics, the big Michael Bay blockbuster, huge colossal struggles and battles across the Marvel Universe, with all of our key characters and players taking on a big role."
>>
>>Secret Empire

>In issue #0 (April), it's effectively, as Brevoort puts it, "the worst day of the Marvel Universe."

"Where not one, not two, but three separate events break out all at once. Cap, as head of S.H.I.E.L.D., is able to mobilize forces to all three of those situations. And those three situations represent Hydra's first move. It comes off the blocks explosively right from the get-go," he added.

>By issue #1 (May), the Marvel world knows who Rogers really is.

>"If you are going into this story not knowing how it's going to go, yeah you should have some misgiving about [a happy ending], because it's a really ridiculously awful situation he is in," Brevoort said. "It might not all be fine."

>All the characters close to Cap will be touched by this, but the Marvel masterminds stress that "everyone" will be affected by this.

>"We'll definitely see an impact on our new, younger generation of heroes, a huge turn for them, a Watergate moment for them," Brevoort said.

>"They will have to grapple with what this means and reset their heroism," he added. "You don't want it to be bleak and miserable, you always want to have hope and be uplifting, and that's the aspect of this story where the other characters in the Marvel Universe have to kind of come together for."

>Alonso said, while Cap is the nucleus of this story, "this story is going to be told through the perspective of multiple characters, who are dealing with the threat this poses."

>"Some roles and characters will come to the foreground at different moments in the story and play a big role in saving the day," the Editor-in-Chief added.
>>
>>The Future of The Marvel Universe

>What the team at Marvel wants out of this conflict is a newly united universe once again, something fans haven't seen in quite some time.

>"We've just come off of 'Civil War 2' and 'Inhumans vs. X-Men,' two big, dark events that had heroes fighting against heroes, over somewhat defensible positions. This is very much more an old school story. You will know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. This is not heroes fighting heroes, this is heroes fighting a bad guy," Alonso said.

>He continued, "We saw this moment as our chance to rally the entire Marvel Universe, which has been fragmented of late."

">We saw this as the rallying cry, where we could have everyone -- Avengers, Guardians, Defenders, X-Men, Spider-Man, Deadpool -- all rally against this thing and unify the universe into the future," Alonso said.

>As with all their big storylines, "Secret Empire" was planned well in advance, the concept taking shape years prior to now.

>"When we made the decision to have Cap's memory rewired, thus that he would be come a Hydra agent," Alonso said. "You would have the most trusted superhero in the Marvel Universe become a super villain. You don't do something like that without considering what a huge story it is. You understand you're teeing up a huge story and that's what this is."

>"We are already planned out two or three moves beyond [an out to this story]. We are always planning a year, 18 months into the future. We know exactly how this is ending, we know what's coming after that and after the thing that's coming after the thing," Brevoort chimed in.

>"Secret Empire" hits shelves nationwide with issue #0 in April, followed by issue #1 in May. The series will run until August.

Sauce: https://gma.yahoo.com/exclusive-secret-empire-shake-marvel-universe-core-140412883--abc-news-celebrities.html

#0 full cover reveal maybe in a matter of hours.
>>
>>89806499
TL;DR?
>>
Not sure how I feel about this
>>
>>89806499
why what's that in the upper right corner? is it... could it be? why it is! it's SYNERGY
>>
#1 full cover
>>
Cue terrible Trump and alt-right references.
>>
>>89806617

Very first unlettered preview page from the same issue.

Expect more than two artists working on this event.
>>
>>89806617
Hmm, that's twice now that Spider-Man is in the center.

I was really hoping at least one Thunderbolt would be on the cover.
>>
More like secret analpire ho ho ho he he ha ha hey hey
>>
File: IMG_0873.jpg (39KB, 314x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0873.jpg
39KB, 314x469px
>You will know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. This is not heroes fighting heroes, this is heroes fighting a bad guy," Alonso said.

Except the "bad guy" is Captain fucking America, the quintessential Marvel hero you fucking mouth-breather.

God, fuck Marvel. I wish they'd go bankrupt again.
>>
>>89806652
>nazi's are bad guys
>cap's a nazi
I don't know why this is so hard for you to comprehend
>>
>>89806499
>Captain Marvel will have to deal with the repercussions of their actions in the series
Didnt she become the "bestest suparhero evar yahtzee!!!" in her series?
>>
>>89806693
story over continuity
>>
>>89806627
>General Maverick
Fuck yes!

Also, is that Tony Stark down there in the bottom right panels next to Riri?
>>
>>89806499
>EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO CHANGE

Why does anyone still read Marvel? How can you still care after all this constant nonsense?
>>
File: IMG_0841.jpg (34KB, 418x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0841.jpg
34KB, 418x475px
>>89806690
>they made Cap a Nazi in the first place

I'm pretty sure you're the retarded one anon.
>>
>>89806705
He's an AI. So of course he can still pilot his armor
>>
>>89806652
Who isn't exactly a villain, either, he's just gone full old Hydra, and also plans to stop Red Skull from what he's probably trying to do, all while doing the actual ol Hydra thing.

Why do i feel Mr. Keikakku Doori will somehow find a way to not be the full villain and be restored back to normal WHILE we get also a Hydra Cap clone of sorts?

>>89806693
While she's YAAS QUEEN SLAY in the eyes of the Marvel citizens (thanks to a hella good PR, they even said that in the aftermatch of CWII.... I think), she's pretty much hated by almost everyone now whose profession is being a superhero.
>>
>>89806627
Whose side are the Thunderbolts on?

And crap Spencer is using his new Yellowjacket again
>>
You know what is worse? This fucking event will be praised.

IT WON'T BE GOOD, BUT WILL BE PRAISED! INCLUDING HERE.

After "What if Minority Report was the dumbest story ever?" and "What if being gassed to death turned you into Hitler among your peers?", an event that doesn't offend the intelligence of the reader will be received as the new Watchmen.

So, two or three shocking deaths, a slight change in the status quo and Hydra Cap showing off how efficient he is (boooh!) every now and then, and BUM, it will be praised.

This is a very sad industry.
>>
>>89806535
>>What the team at Marvel wants out of this conflict is a newly united universe once again, something fans haven't seen in quite some time.

It's been divided?
>>
>>89806627
>Karla allied with Zemo again

I'm not even surprised
>>
>>89806535
>">We saw this as the rallying cry, where we could have everyone -- Avengers, Guardians, Defenders, X-Men, Spider-Man, Deadpool -- all rally against this thing and unify the universe into the future," Alonso said.

I was hoping for Thunderbolts...
>>
>>89806499
>where everything is about to change, not just for Captain America, but for absolutely every hero in the Marvel Universe

Yawn.

>>89806535
>Guardians

Nobody likes the GOTG because they hang out on Earth all the time. I expect some crossover of course but they don't need to be there for every damn pissing contest. This is why it's important to have a strong Cosmic line so they can crossover where it's appropriate.
>>
>>89806601
Cap is evil, everyone will know this, all the heroes will unite against him.
>>
>>89806503
>inspired by Michael Bay
>>
>>89806636
The covers mean nothing
>>
>>89806757

I think Atlas and Moonstone are with Hydra, the way this looks.
>>
>>89806611
You know, I hate that we never actually find out the names of things like that in the MCU. Sure, in Star Wars, we know every ships name, but we don't even know how the Chitari work.
>>
>>89806516
>the Marvel masterminds stress that "everyone" will be affected by this
This is the problem. I guess we should make a BIngo Chart for Secret Empire
>>
>>89806693
No, just in the solicits.
In-universe she's miserable and dealing with the fact that she fucked up everything while also being chased around by delusional fans that she hates. It's pretty funny.
>>
>>89806617
>Spider-Man front and center twice.

I'm getting the feeling Peter is going to be a major player in this. Soooo leading people against Rodgers or his right hand man?
>>
>>89806617
Stop dragging Kamala in this shit events
>>
>>89806872
Hilarious.
>>
>>89806715
You act like that's never happened before.

Newfag.
>>
>>89806811
well, she was Faustus' student, and has apparently been mind-raped by Kobik. I guess Techno, too, is Hydra.
>>
>After the events of "Civil War 2," the Marvel readers are reeling at best. Things are about to get a lot worse.
>>
>Steve as a morally ambiguous double agent instead of MUH MORALS
>"Oh neat, this is an interesting status quo, maybe they can stick with it for two years or s-"
>It's actually just buildup for an event
>NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME EVERYONE WILL BE AFFECTED SNDHJKDHGF

They wasted such a neat idea.
>>
I thought Clint killed banner
>>
You know I thought I couldn't be less excited for an event after Civil War II, I guess I was wrong.
>>
File: merioh.jpg (13KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
merioh.jpg
13KB, 253x238px
>>89806499
>buildup on Captain Falcon, Uncanny Avengers and Thunderbolts books
>1 (one) Uncanny Avenger, no Falcon, no Thunderbolts in the cover while all the shit overpushed characters are in
>>
File: civil war 2 bingo.png (146KB, 1137x804px) Image search: [Google]
civil war 2 bingo.png
146KB, 1137x804px
Remember the first draft of the CW2 bingo? lets try to make one for this.

I suggest we put something about Trump or punching nazis
>>
>>89806873
It's almost like there is a Spider-Man film coming out soon!
>>
>>89807014
I mean punching Nazis is a given even ignoring the whole recent Nazi punching bit they're fighting literal Nazi combatants so duh they'll punch Nazis. The thinly veiled Trump allegory is better but it's also so obvious it might as well be the Free Space.
>>
Captain is gonna win because characters written by Spencer don't punch nazis.
>>
>>89807074
then what about "debate on punching nazis" i am suggesting it because Nick defended the right of free speech of the guy who got punched during the inauguration because of that he got a lot of slack from his liberal followers.
>>
>>89807014
let's just put in "hamfisted allegory for real life event"
>>
>>89806636
>>89806873
Either he's going to be prominent or they're just going back to using him as the face of the company now that he's in the MCU.
>>
You know...I get that this is an event and all, but I'm struggling to see how Hydra can be a threat. They are like a wandering band of Stormtroopers.
>>
>>89807097
That sounds better
>>
File: 600.jpg (50KB, 300x455px) Image search: [Google]
600.jpg
50KB, 300x455px
will we be seeing this greatness again?
>>
I really hope it tanks. It probably won't, but I hope.

Spencer already thinks of himself as the new James Joyce because of a book about horny teenagers, Ant-Man and Superior Foes. If he writes a book that ACTUALLY sells two shits, then the world will be a worse place.
>>
>>89807014
Punching Nazis should be the free space.
Then we can add >>89807097
>>
>>89807116
Like, are all the tie ins going to be everyone fights Hydra? Cause Hydra is pretty stale. In fact, we had that already with Fear Itself.
>>
>>89807138
His Steve Rogers run sold pretty well.
>>
>>89807014
Spencer is actually very vocal against political violence. He got a lot of hate for saying that punching your political opponent is bad.
>>
>>89806617
The cover might lying but it looks like this we be a double event like Infinity, that is only way it could justify being ten chapters long.
I guess everything on the right will cosmic and space stuff involving the chitauri, How the hell is Kamala getting in space?
>>
>>89807187
The current Steve Rogers run was already selling under 40k at the 9h issue.
>>
>>89807138
Just because he's a dick on twitter doesn't mean he'll full this up
>>
File: 1486717713410.png (45KB, 800x378px) Image search: [Google]
1486717713410.png
45KB, 800x378px
>>89807189
serves him right for being on the wrong side of history

we are at war if we don't fight back the nazis will trample all over us
>>
>>89807261
You can punch whoever you want if you call them a nazi!
>>
>all those butthurt neo-Nazis
>>
File: 1484676684005.png (245KB, 329x615px) Image search: [Google]
1484676684005.png
245KB, 329x615px
>>89807261
Let me guess, someone from Gawker media?

Still, is this relevant to this thread about Captain Hydra's last hurrah before getting fucking bodied?
>>
File: 1485062826216.jpg (224KB, 921x888px) Image search: [Google]
1485062826216.jpg
224KB, 921x888px
>>89807280
Whoop, forget image.
>>
>>89806516
>Secret Empire
>>In issue #0 (April), it's effectively, as Brevoort puts it, "the worst day of the Marvel Universe."

they said this about secret wars #1 didn't they?
>>
File: Captain America 017 (2003).jpg (56KB, 619x307px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America 017 (2003).jpg
56KB, 619x307px
>>89807305
>Steve mind-controlled again
>>
>>89807014
>It was all part of Steve's keikaku
>CWII references
>Continuity is ignored or altered
>>
File: pfffft.gif (2MB, 639x356px) Image search: [Google]
pfffft.gif
2MB, 639x356px
>>89806535
>somewhat defensible positions
>>
>>89807305
>heterosexual white male refuses to condemn neo-Nazism
Hmmm...
>>
>>89807328
Shut up Nuke. I'll stand by freedom of speech over terrorism any day of the week. Go get shot by someone defending their property.
>>
>>89807312
>they said this about secret wars #1 didn't they?
Well, yeah, that was the end of the multiverse.
>>
>>89807367
>fighting Nazis = terrorism
Suspicious post.
>>
>>89807407
Using violence to boost a political agenda is literally the definition of terrorism. You're on the wrong side of history, friendaroonie.
>>
>>89806627
Well this isn't McNiven this is Sorrentino
>>
>>89807427
And Nazis are on the right?
>>
>>89807451
(((ABC))) forgot to credit the one who made that page.
>>
>>89807454
Yes. That's why they had to invade Europe.
>>
>Marvel always manages to make the side they don't want to the sympathetic one when they make hero vs hero events
>yfw nazi cap will do nothing wrong and the house of terrible ideas accidentally memes themselves into those damn dirty alt-right fascists and angers the tumblrtrannies
>>
File: 1486137301798.jpg (172KB, 600x904px) Image search: [Google]
1486137301798.jpg
172KB, 600x904px
>>89807454
No, because there are hardly even any legitomate Nazis anymore. That's just a buzzword you use to justify your own terrorism. If anyone is like a nazi now and days it's you, considering how you're beating anyone who brings up the slightest criticism of you. Though, a more accurate analogy would be Soviet Russia.
>>
>>89807451
Your sauce is: https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/830073118651604992

Sorrentino may be the artist for #0.

Other artists announced by Spencer for this event:
>Rod Reis
>Leinil Yu
>Daniel Acuna
>>
>>89807454
>This gay Jew is a nazi.

Don't you have school right now?
>>
>>89807536
>If anyone is like a nazi now and days it's you
Punching people just because they want to promote racial cleansing? YOU ARE THE REAL NAZIS!!1!

Grow a pair.
>>
File: rtrleight452169-h_2016.jpg (39KB, 928x523px) Image search: [Google]
rtrleight452169-h_2016.jpg
39KB, 928x523px
>>89807519
>accidentally
don't you know who's in charge? I'll give you a hing it's the nazi trump supporter
>>
>>89807536
Stop sniffing glue, Cletus.
>>
>>89807565
Who the fuck is talking about gay jews, dumbass? Are you so brainwashed that cannot imagine a situation that doesn't involve Milo?

Lame nazi, you should be punched for also being dumb.
>>
File: wuc170204-1160.jpg (233KB, 1160x967px) Image search: [Google]
wuc170204-1160.jpg
233KB, 1160x967px
>>89807565
sure looks like a nazi to me
>>
>>89807568
>Why won't you let me incite political violence!?!?

I don't care if he was fucking advocating for blowing up America. It is a right in this country for you to be able to speak your mind. One of our founding ideologies. Don't you understand how quickly this will snow ball out of control? Once you open the door for one act of political violence, suddenly it becomes the norm. So whenever you want to voice your opinion against something you feel I just, and you find yourself being beaten for it, remember, you did it to yourself.
>>
>>89807632
You are scared, Cletus. I thought you Aryans feared nothing?
>>
>>89807606
The entire Berkley incident was over Milpitas dipshit.

>>89807626
>This gay Jew is a nazi for supporting Trump and not Hillary. Despite Hillary being very vocal against gays only until very recently.

Really tickles your pickle.
>>
>>89807565
You know there have been black members of the KKK, right? Some guy being a sell out to a shitty ideology doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>89807644
>ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME IS A NAZI!

Thanks for proofing my point.
>>
>>89807663
>proofing
Stay in school, Cletus.
>>
>>89807655
Send me a link to where he outright calls for the extermination of Jews in order to preserve the white race /then/ I'll agree with you that he's a nazi.
>>
>>89806516
>Where not one, not two, but three separate events break out all at once
We know that one of those events will be the Chitauri invasion. What will the other two be?
>>
>>89807677
I'm on my phone and it spell checks. Sue me.
>>
>>89807651
Was I talking about Berkeley or Milo? Or in your mind "Nazi" and "Milo" are interchangeable terms?

Milo is just an imbecile who writes for imbeciles. Nothing morally wrong with that. The same can't be said about Nazis.
>>
>>89806627
Is that the Wrecker? And Baron Blood? And Yellowjacket? In the middle of a Chitauri invasion? What's going on here?
>>
>>89807710
no shit Milo's a nazi
>>
>thread derailed into nazi fight

ffs someone start a new thread
>>
>>89807710
I said that you all keep calling people you don't like Nazis, you denied it. So I brought up how everyone keeps calling Milo a nazi, despite him clearly not being one. Seems pretty on topic to me.
>>
>>89806499
>where everything is about to change, not just for Captain America, but for absolutely every hero in the Marvel Universe.

Whoop de doo, another one.
>>
>>89807744
>implying that will not be infested with /pol/
>>
>>89807729
Not until he starts to advocate for racial cleansing. He is just an idiot.

IF he starts to talk about racial cleansing, then yes, he will be a Nazi and punches will be deserved.

Freeze Peach fags can fuck off.
>>
>>89807729
Post the link then if you're so set on this idea that he's a nazi.
>>
>>89807014
>Donald Trump reference
>Superior Foes reference
>"Hydra and Nazi isn't the same thing"
>A hero decides to follow Steve Rogers on his own free will
>Captain Hydra tells a character he always hated him
>Baron Zemo and Captain Hydra sexual tension
>Maria Hill saves the day
>Someone jobs to Captain Hydra in a fight
>MCU references
>Helicarrier crash
>Miles Morales tries to kill Captain Hydra
>KEIKAKU DORI
>>
>>89807626

Is this what uninformed people think of Milo?

All he says about feminism is that 1) the pay gap is way, way overstated, to be used as a political tool, and 2) "rape culture" doesn't exist when rapes have trended sharply down for 40 years, and colleges as the supposed hot bed of rape culture are statistically islands of privileged safety.

thats hate and intolerance?

hell, i dont like the guy because he is a professional troublemaker, he isn't saying this stuff to try to change the world for the better, he is saying this stuff to book gigs. so even when i agree with him on points i just don't care for him. but are people literally rioting in the streets over him with this little info on what he is actually saying?
>>
>>89806872
Wouldn't it be hilarious if we found out Inhumans have been using Swain to "nudge" people into liking Carol so they can still manipulate her and have an in with Alpha Flight/SHIELD other than Quake. All that YAAS QUEEN shit looks like something Swain would do.
>>
>>89807781
>and punches will be deserved.

Don't you understand that this will come back to bite you in the ass. Once you lift the taboo of political violence against one party than its open season on everyone.
>>
>>89806499
>>89806617
So did Cap "kill" the Red Skull?
>>
>>89807683
Looks like the Masters of Evil launching a major attack.
>>
>>89807845
I hope it comes to open season. I need to let off some steam.
>>
>>89807789
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/milo-yiannopoulos-hate-speech-and-campus-protest_us_5898920be4b0985224db5772
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/09/milo-yiannopoulos-simon-schuster-hate-speech-free
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/us/milo-yiannopoulos-ivory-tower/

and there are plenty more about the white supremacist hatemonger
>>
File: UCF.jpg (113KB, 900x863px) Image search: [Google]
UCF.jpg
113KB, 900x863px
>>89807845
blah blah blah fuck off nazi
>>
>>89806617
I thought that Medusa was exiled and off in space on a quest to find the secrets of the Terrigen mists.
>>
>>89807971
Everything on the right is in space, see the Chitauri ships. We don't know the full circumstances for them leaving and the only thing that pointed to exile was Medusa's new costume saying exiled Queen which wasn't used on anybody else's design.
>>
>>89807971
>Chitauri
>Carol
>Rocket
Right side is the space stuff
>>
>>89808044
One of the solicits to Royals actually mentions them running into a Chitauri fleet on its way to Earth.
>>
>>89808058
>that flying metal fish
>>
>>89807806
I would add
>Quasar saves the day
>Major character deaths
>Cosmic Cube is used to bring someone back to life
>>
>>89807928
Did you even read these articles? It's just a bunch of people saying he makes "hatespeech" without a real citation. The only "evidence" They have is him being rude to the lady who starred in Fembusters.
>>
>>89807950
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
File: 1480422902724.jpg (22KB, 367x384px) Image search: [Google]
1480422902724.jpg
22KB, 367x384px
>>89808254
Do you honestly believe /pol/ shitposters read any kind of news they post?

They only want those (you)s, dude, don't give it to them.
>>
>>89807014
>/pol/ misreads a panel as being a jab at trump and shits a thread up
>>
>>89806873
He's Spider-Man the face of the company they're gonna put him front a center of the cover.
>>
>>89806690
>nazis
>bad guys
did ((they)) get to you?
>>
>>89807845
America came into greatness by punching Nazis. It's the one free pass we all enjoy. And if we want to make America great again, may as well try punching Nazis again.
>>
>>89807098
>>89808438
I don't think Peter will be too involved. Slott is going to be too busy doing his big Osborn arc to do a tie-in to this event.
>>
>>89808530
we also punched commies and we did it for a lot longer
>>
>>89806627
That Red Hulk isn't really that buff
>>
>>89808616
Communism isn't dead
>>
>>89808530
No, America just bombed the shit out of Japan. Why do we like to play up our role in WWII so much?
>>
>>89806652
>Except the "bad guy" is Captain fucking America
Not really. Captain Hydra is a completely different person. Think of him like Parallax.
>>
>>89808650
it's not alive either

real communism has never been tried, remember?
>>
>>89806617
>Storm back on the main cover of a main event
Looks like the whole Kitty is the leader thing will last just as long as her stint as Star-Lord did.
>>
>>89808700
Steve's Captain Attack Millitia
>>
Why does this trash have to be so convoluted?
>>
>>89808827
It's almost like having 75 years of continuity and several stories crossing over leads to complicated stories!
>>
>>89806617
Is Logan ageing backwasrds or something?
>>
>>89807833
Wait a second. That's what Swain's power is? Holy fuck, they've got their own Goebbels!
>>
>>89806617
>Spidey front and center again

As it should be
>>
>>89808827
Seems pretty straightforward to me. Captain America has been brainwashed into thinking he's Hydra, and now he's trying to take over the world.
>>
>>89806499
>>It's kind of a mess and that's where Captain America steps in. Everything changed last May for the formerly squeaky clean icon when it was revealed he was actually a Hydra agent, the nefarious underworld organization he had been fighting against for the last 70 years.

Why did they leave out this was all done with the Cosmic Cube?
>>
>>89808931
God, fuck Spider-Fags.
>>
>>89809071
They didn't , read the whole thing
>After Steve Rogers had his super soldier serum neutralized a few years back, he could no longer be Captain America. Sam Wilson, the Falcon and Steve's best friend, stepped in until a character named Kobik, a living cosmic cube, used its powers to bring him back, with one unknown caveat.

>"Unbeknownst to anybody but the readers, when Kobik did this thing to Cap, she had been influenced by the Red Skull [his archenemy dating back to WWII]," Brevoort explained to ABC News. "She didn't just restore Steve, but changed his history, so that he had been a Hydra operative and true believer going back to his earliest days as a young man in the 1920's and 1930's."
>>
>>89809113
Oh come on. Spencer knows what works for Spider-Man villians, he should know what wokrs for Spidey too. He deserves a break from Slott's shit show.
>>
Is it just me, or do events feel smaller? Like, Secret Wars felt big because they allowed all the writers to do what they want with their books. Civil War II by contrast only had one Hero vs. Hero group clash and the rest just felt like stuff that happened. Here, I just don't see how Cap leading Hydra would fill 9 (10? It does have a 0 issue) issues. Like sure, I can see him doing the initial backstabbing to catch heroes off guard, and some heroes stuck somewhere, but 10 whole issues with tie ins focusing on beating up Hydra, a threat heroes tackle normally all the time?

I don't see how this will be an event.
>>
>>89809113
>Company mascot shouldn't be front and center.

Anon.....
>>
>>89809168
Chitauri invasion, anon. According to Spencer this threat is bigger than the Annihilation Wave.
>>
>>89809168
>>89809194
Captain Hydra also has allies of his own. He has control over SHIELD, the armies of Hydra, and Baron Zemo's Masters of Evil also seem to be on his side.
>>
>>89809150
>>89809169
That's the thing. If Spider-Man is already running around in his own events, why should he head this one? It's the biggest flag of "What Spider-Man does in this book won't matter"
>>
>>89809194
Can't the new Quazar just blow them up like last time?
>>
>>89809264
Odds are Captain Hydra will do something to take her off the board.
>>
>>89809264
That's his plan, I think. But not before other heroes argue and bicker themselves into an early grave.
>>
>>89809402
>But not before other heroes argue and bicker themselves into an early grave.
Say what you will about Marvel heroes, they will always put any differences aside as soon as threat arises that they have to deal with.
>>
>>89809264
>OP as fuck
>created as a event plot device
>hasn't gotten her own book or even been on team like all the other legacies
>side character in cap's book
She's gonna die or just fly off
>>
>>89809595
I think Spencer will write her solo after this event
>>
>>89809525
Just like they dealt with Incursions, right? Oh wait.
>>
File: 1467743222588.png (2MB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
1467743222588.png
2MB, 735x541px
>>89807677
>>
>>89809678
Hickman is a hack, it's one of the few exceptions I can think of. And at the end of the day, the heroes did try and work together (Steve's irrational hateboner for Tony aside).
>>
>>89806775
I doubt it

Event fatigue is finally setting in
>>
>>89806499

This is going to be about Captain Hydra Trump rounding up Kamala and putting her in a camp right?

Anything less is Spencer pussing out
>>
>>89809827
This event was planned back when Donald Trump becoming President was seen as a laughable scenario.
>>
File: Avengers (1963-1996) 175-005.jpg (451KB, 1745x1137px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers (1963-1996) 175-005.jpg
451KB, 1745x1137px
>>89806627
Why does every team-book artist draw Wanda floating in the air now?
>>
>>89807744
They already ruined the other Spencer twitter thread today, causing its deletion
>>
>>89806601
>The event that will change EVERYTHING about the Marvel universe.
>>
>>89806535
>. This is not heroes fighting heroes, this is heroes fighting Trump"
Might as well get to the point
>>
>>89806890
This, please, there is only too much damage the character can handle befor going to shit with the rest, and Kamala is getting closer to that
>>
*SPOILERS*

-At the end Spider-black kills Captain America fulfilling the prophecy

Some heroes are trying to revert reality to save Cap while others are just trying to defeat him. Real Captain America urges Miles to kill him in a multidimensional plea.

His speech is something like this: Miles, you represent diversity, and I represent fear, nazism and everything thats wrong with the world. Its time for you, the black male, to kill me, the white male hero. Dont be afraid of violence, this is just progress. With great black cock, comes the responsibility of killing white males. And so, I will step down from existence since white males dont have place in this new diverse world. HAIL HYDRA!
>>
>>89810461
>-At the end Spider-black kills Captain America fulfilling the prophecy
Rule of writing, if a death is presented a year in advance, there is a catch.
>>
>>89808700
>Think of him like Parallax
You means Johns revisionist Parallax, and not actual Parallax right?
>>
>>89808446
>>>/pol/
>>
>>89809150
Trading in one shitshow for a different, but equally shit one won't actually result in net improvement.
>>
>>89807454
Alt right
>>
>>89809945
She can fly now, even in the movies
>>
>>89810904
He kills the real cap, who is willing to die to atone for his crimes and let the younger diverse heroes replace him.
>>
>>89808931
And mainly because this is the one real Spiderman.
Anyway I'm just glad because after this event all this SJW carp will be gone (and hopefully Miles will be on the Ultimate U).
>>
>>89809825
We've been saying that for years.
>>
>>89809945
Because no one can give enough of a shit to remember her original powers + power creep means she can fly on top of everything else.
>>
>>89806702
Which of course doesn't mean much when they barely have a story to begin with
>>
>All while superheroes like Captain Marvel will have to deal with the repercussions of their actions in the series

>repercussions of their actions
>YASSS! QUEEN
Excuse me, what?
>>
>>89806617
>Rocket
>Chitauri ship from THE AVENGERS
>Kamala
Well, at least I don't see Miles there.
>>
>>89809825
>Event fatigue is finally setting in

Yes, but on the other hand the bar is now so low that even a mediocre event could be praised for not being as shitty as expected.

With the amount of political commentary we're sure to get shoehorned in, though, /polco/ will hate it no matter what.
>>
How close will their slogan be to "We can't possibly be worse than Civil War 2?" anyway that's the subtext.
>>
>>89806627
So this is what they took Sorrentino off of Old Man Logan for? Just the yearly event dammit.
>>
>>89806535
>This is not heroes fighting heroes, this is heroes fighting a bad guy

Except the bad guy is a hero.
>>
>>89809825
Sadly, no.
>>
>>89813978
Lemire is also leaving Old Man Logan
>>
>>89809825

it really isn't.

Civil War 2 was still Marvel's best selling books (outside of Star Wars), I haven't checked recently, but IvX is still doing decent (not really good, but compared to normal monthly books, its still up in sales)
>>
>>89814043

is it ending, or is he just leaving?
>>
File: Page014.jpg (42KB, 458x318px) Image search: [Google]
Page014.jpg
42KB, 458x318px
>>89806499
>biggest and brightest
>>
File: Steven_Rogers_(Earth-10011).jpg (333KB, 1308x1328px) Image search: [Google]
Steven_Rogers_(Earth-10011).jpg
333KB, 1308x1328px
>>89806499
At first I thought George Soros stop funding Disney would make them less delusional liberals, but it seems it is stuck to their core.

Marvel just seems like kids with conflicting liberal views on crap doing things for shock value.
>>
>>89813397
I hate it no matter what.
>>
>>89814081
He leaves at #24, and Moon Knight ends at #14. He seems to be bailing from Marvel, with his x-men book also ending
>>
File: Blue_Lantern_Corps_Crest.jpg (72KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Lantern_Corps_Crest.jpg
72KB, 320x480px
>>89815448
>He seems to be bailing from Marvel
>>
does anybody even care?
>>
>Tony is in the preview with Riri
I'm guessing it's the AI but even then Marvel won't let Tony Stark be absent from this, Steve being evil provides a lot of emotional moments for these characters.

>>89806831
GotG is popular so now they have to tie to every event that happend in Marvel Earth nibmatter hiw stupid or not cosmic it is even if it's a petty squabble between two Earth heroes.

At least Silver Surfer is spared from this shit, hopefully the Nova title is too, just let Rich be off in space when it happens, poor Sam can't escape it because of Champions and Waid is going to have to make a stupid ass commentary.

Then again Sam is a background character in that title, maybe he can escape too.
>>
Real Talk: Where do you people live that you see white supremacists and KKK and skinheads and all that? I've traveled a bit up and down Oregon, a pretty white state, and I don't see these guys anywhere. I get so mad because I saw on the SPLC's website that there's both a bunch of white supremacists but even black supremacists in Portland and not once did I see a big ol race brawl break out.
>>
>>89806848
Chitauri are used as cannon fodder dtones that the heroes fight, closest thing we see as a Chitauri with personality is in Nova with Sam's fake dad and the evil Chitauris.

But no writer so far has really bothered fleshing them.

One thing I like about some writers like Abnett, Starlin, and Ewing is that they love giving everything background info or build things up or make it unique. Abnett started building up Atlantean culture in Aquaman and started giving us a supporting cast for Arthur (or bringing back some of the ones that Johns made) and started showing us the differences between both the surface and Atlantean worlds (like how Atlanteans build their own structures under water with rapidly growing corals and how they think the way we build our structures is time consuming).

Maybe Ewing if he cares enough he can make the Chitauri interesting, right now they are just a poor man's Skrulls.
>>
>>89806999
The event should have stayed between Steve's book, Thunderbolts, Cap Falcon, and Uncanny Avengers which were all books that had ties to Steve or the main story.
>>
>>89806499
>It's kind of a mess
Marvel in a nutshell
>>
>>89815939
>Atlanteans build their own structures under water with rapidly growing corals
Just like in Veitch's run? Nice.
>>
>>89806535
>two big, dark events that had heroes fighting against heroes, over somewhat defensible positions.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>89814081
He's also leaving Moon Knight.

Methinks his time at Marvel is coming to a close
>>
>>89810461
Pretty sure Cap gets killed by someone else and Miles just pulls up his corpse, people see him and blame him.

Or worse Cap commits seppuku to become a Hydra martyr and his death is still blamed on Miles.

I can see the second one happening because HydraCap was more than happy to die if it meant his Hydra dream lived on.

Don't think Bendis will allow his Spider-baby to get soiled like that, besides Miles is squeamish about killing.
>>
>>89807632
you're being baited. ignore them, it's the same 2 people that do this in every thread like this
>>
>>89806617
Is that Shuma
>>
>another event when the last, really horrible one, has just finished
when did Civil War II end? just last month, right? that'd make it just 4 months between events now (or is that Marvel's regular schedule anyway?).
who is still buying this? I'd be fatigued as fuck.

>>89806516
>In issue #0 (April), it's effectively, as Brevoort puts it, "the worst day of the Marvel Universe."
hasn't that been when Osborn became director of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Or when Trump won the elections?
>>
>>89807928
huffpo, guardian, cnn.... jesus christ, dude really?
>>
>>89816274
What a shame that he just missed The Kamandi Challenge
>>
>>89815927
KKK people are usually pretty good at hiding their power level and they aren't going to go out marching like crazy or screaming white power unless they are those redneck types that live in rural areas that are super isolated.

IIRC when Anonymous hacked a KKK group and they divulged a list of their members there was a lady in the list who worked as a dentist and a lot of the patients she had were black people, she even had dinner with one of their families.
>>
>>89807820
I feel if they should have just let Milo go and ignore him, give him no coverage don't invite him anywhere he would have gone away quicker.

He thrives in controversy and drama, he's an attention whore.
>>
>>89812073
Or that's not Miles.
>>
How is this event going to be 10 issues long? The last 9 issues event was Axis, and that crapped out 3 plots arcs among each 3rd of the story.
>>
File: lol-guardian.jpg (332KB, 1187x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lol-guardian.jpg
332KB, 1187x1200px
>>89807928
>guardian
>reading the commentisfree section
>ever
>>
>>89806499
Honestly, I am looking forward to this, although I know it's most likely going to be shit. See, as much as we like to rip on Spencer, his Captain Hydra is honest to god brilliant.

Oath was also one of the best villain monologues I have ever read. It was perfect just seeing how Captain Hydra manipulated everything and everyone while talking to a man who used to be his best friend, telling him how he would burn everything that Stark ever built to the ground.
>>
>>89816395
Maybe it was a massive depopulation event, killing around 500 million people around the world and injuring another billion with entire population centers destroyed from simultaneous attacks from space, occult summons, a highly contagious disease, and rioting to the point forces like Apocalypse's followers think this is the promised day.
>>
>>89816863
Do what Secret Wars 2015 did and waste entire issues on exposition.
>>
>>89816863
Maybe Spencer will take from Bendis and do a shit load of decomrpession and beat panels.
>>
Marvel wants the Rebirth audience.
>>
>>89813397
>with the amount of stuff that really shouldn't be in an event comic and will make it objectively worse, reasonable people who are for shilling reasons declared "/polco/" will hate it for valid reasons
>>
Basically Captain America turns heel. Took a while.
>>
>>89817772
>Hollywood Steve Rogers
>>
>>89816863
Civil War II was 9 issues if you count the #0. And more if you count the FCBD thing.
>>
One of Wanda's few friends is now a fucking Nazi.

By making Steve the Baddie, Carol can be made into the "Real Captain", while Riri, Miles, and Kamala will be the Diverse Saviours.
>>
>>89807585
wow amazing rebuttal tumblr.
>>
>>89806499
No wonder Spencer went on that little tirade.

He's writing a big boy event at marvel after Bendis did an incredibly shitty one whereas DC gave him shit nobody cared about and didn't give him shit he wanted, so he got some more confidence and arrogance.
>>
>>89817772
He didn't turn heel, it's the Cosmic Cube.
>>
>>89806503
>and there's this secondary level, like what's he really doing? 'OMG, Spidey, be careful, that guy's actually a bad guy!'"

I had honestly forgotten about this while Hydra Cap thing so this kind of shit never crossed my mind.
>>
>>89806516
>"We'll definitely see an impact on our new, younger generation of heroes, a huge turn for them, a Watergate moment for them," Brevoort said.

I wonder how many "Fucking white people" we'll get in the books.
>>
>>89806601
White people are the devil. Watch all these minorities team up against them.
>>
>>89807806
>"Hydra and Nazi isn't the same thing"

I was about to ask "Isn't this true though?" and then I remembered Synergy was a thing.
>>
>>89808697
>Why do we like to play up our role in WWII so much?

What are you talking about? WWII was just the US saving everyone from the Nazis and Japan. My history books in highschool said so.
>>
File: Death and Coffee.png (43KB, 237x330px) Image search: [Google]
Death and Coffee.png
43KB, 237x330px
>>89807536
Richard Spence isn't "like" a Nazi. He literally is one. He even calls himself a National Socialist. And when did it become bad to punch Nazis?
>>
>>89809194
>According to Spencer this threat is bigger than the Annihilation Wave.

So does Cap somehow have every big space empire, Thanos, etc on his side too?
>>
>>89816828
Pete somehow ruined his outfit completely and needed a new one as quickly as possible, so he borrowed one from Miles. With Pete now being a murder he is promptly killed and Miles takes over full time.
>>
>>89813174
He's front and center on the page anon.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>89815671
No. If you look at waids avengers, some timelost avengers are staying post kang war.
>>
>>89819541
Hydra is an ancient organization that Strucker just went "fuck, what do I do now that Germany has fallen? I know, these Hydra guys will now be the 4th Reich with my German and Japanese pals that don't feel like being executed for war criminals!"
Captain Keikaku is of the idealized Hydra that existed for the advancement of humanity over what it currently is in shadows, enforced by being based in Kobik's fairytale ideal Hydra that saves the world in ruling it mixed with western children's shows while Red Skull screwed up and forgot to make his specific "oppress the weak" beliefs more apparent.
>>
>>89815939
>But no writer so far has really bothered fleshing them

Well of course, that could get in the way of what a director wants to do with them in case they wanna have them return in the main marvel universe.
>>
>>89820017
>Strucker just went "fuck, what do I do now that Germany has fallen?
Actually, what happened is that Strucker followed Doctor Doom into a time machine and ended up in the modern day, while there, he managed to read some history books that showed him that the Reich was doomed before Doom sent him back. Instead of fighting for a lost cause, he begun setting things up for co-opting Hydra in the West.
>>
>>89820001
So they're basically doing the same shit as the O5 X-Men but with the Avenges?
>>
>>89820216
Maybe.

The solicts for avengers says not everything or everyone will go back from where it came. So that's retro 9 avengers.

What ones stay is unknown.
>>
>>89820167
When was that?
>>
>>89818995
How did I not see this? Thanks vigilant /pol/lack, (((they))) are getting better and better at hiding this shit.
>>
File: Doom Strucker.jpg (141KB, 620x933px) Image search: [Google]
Doom Strucker.jpg
141KB, 620x933px
>>89820301
>>89820167
It's from Roger Stern's "Marvel Universe" series, which talked about the history of the MU before the FF.
>>
>>89820017
>Kobik is the true villain
>>
>>89806652

AHAHAHAHA FAGGOT
>>
>Secret Empire to put the A-lister back in their proper roles
>ResurrXion beginning in March

Here it comes, we all knew it would, Marvel's Rebirth equivalent.
>>
>>89820001
So that is how they plan to bring back Cap and Tony. At this point, the marvel universe is just gonna be made of time displaced heroes.
>>
File: image.png (549KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
549KB, 1024x768px
>>89821172
Very much.

I dont think hydra cap will survive. And iron man still is in a coma.

If it happens, I guess they don't want to reboot but at the same time have classic versions running around.
>>
>>89821092
Marvel Stillbirth.
>>
>>89821311
They have managed to make a mess of the MU just a year after Secret Wars was supposed to clean it up.
>>
>>89821495
I don't think anything was fixed. Just destroyed or merged.

Right now there's new cosmic order going on in ultimates. Plus Ultimate reed is trying to merge every non prime universe into one.
>>
Riri, Kamala, Miles, and Billy will be the heroes. This is Spencer we are talking about.

Steve will be the big bad, while Thor, Scarlet Witch, Vision, etc will be the butt-monkeys.
>>
Is it true that Hydra Cap's assessment of Carol in "The Oath" threatened to make her into an interesting character?
>>
>>89808650
>Communism isn't dead
But it's a lot better at making people dead, amiright?
>>
>>89822792
Communism is shit.
>>
>>89821619
Nu-Marvel as usual.
>>
File: 1123432454325.jpg (8KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1123432454325.jpg
8KB, 300x250px
>tfw I stayed out of the loop for just a while and I have no fucking idea what's going on with any of the heroes or villains anymore. What the fuck is thor doing and is Red skull a nice guy now?
>>
>>89807305
Sauce on image?
>>
>>89815052

Shut up, /polco/
>>
>>89821311
>>89821172
If they really do that time displaced thing with the Avengers then they're definitely not gonna get the sales they expect. I've been seeing lots of people look at the displaced O5 story with disgust.
>>
File: 190368_1061392_8.jpg (486KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
190368_1061392_8.jpg
486KB, 988x1500px
Official Marvel PR:

>What if your greatest ally was secretly your greatest enemy? Beginning May 3rd, prepare for Marvel Comics’ SECRET EMPIRE! Blockbuster creators Nick Spencer, Steve McNiven, Andrea Sorrentino and Leinil Yu are ready to challenge the entire Marvel Universe as they unite the Avengers, X-Men, Defenders, Champions, Inhumans, Spider-Man, and more, as an unwavering front against the SECRET EMPIRE!

>The Marvel Universe is under siege from within! Due to the manipulations of the Red Skull, Captain America, secretly a true believer in the cause of Hydra, uses the trust and respect he has gained over the years to a position where he can enacts Hydra’s ideals against the Marvel Universe and it’s up to all heroes to unite against one of the greatest challenges they have ever faced.

>Marvel’s Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso said, “SECRET EMPIRE is the rallying cry for all the heroes -- Avengers, Guardians, Defenders, X-Men, Spider-Man, Deadpool – to put aside their differences and unify in the defense of the Marvel Universe."

>That unification is what will be needed to confront Steve Rogers since all the heroes close to Cap have been be influenced by him over the years. SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort said, "Our heroes will be tested both physically and morally against one of the most trusted heroes of all time and that's the aspect of this story our characters face and what forces them to come together."

>Forged together as one - the Avengers, the Champions, the Defenders, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Inhumans, the X-Men, and more will be tested as Hydra’s grip tightens around the Marvel Universe and SECRET EMPIRE unleashes a horde of villains against those who have sworn to protect the innocent. Be here as SECRET EMPIRE launches this May from Nick Spencer, Steve McNiven and Marvel Comics.

>SECRET EMPIRE #1
>Written by NICK SPENCER
>Art by STEVE MCNIVEN
>Cover by MARK BROOKS
>Look for it in the the March Marvel PREVIEWS!
>On Sale in May!
>>
>>89813397
>le pol boogeyman
>>
>>89827274
They sell though. Difference is having a hanl pym who never geat his wife or a cap who never wore armour, or a tony who never was drunk or started civil war.
>>
>>89806535
>This is very much more an old school story. You will know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are.
This has been pretty damn clear in every "hero vs hero" event they've been shitting over the last 10 years.
>>
>>89827351
God, I wanted this to be the Thunderbolts event. I really wanted that.
>>
>>89806775
>INCLUDING HERE.
Sure, like Civil War, Civil War II, Identity Crisis, Avengers vs X-Men, Inhumans vs X-Men, Fear Itself, Battle of the Atom, Black Vortex, Original Sin, Age of Ultron, House of M...
>>
>>89827451
>They sell though.

What does? The X-titles fell to 40,000/30,000 while Bendis was on them. And then they stayed at 30,000 after. I mean you could point to Unworthy Thor or something, but it's not exactly lighting up the charts. Only doing better than other Marvel titles.
>>
>>89827754
Thunderbolts are all kinds of irrelevant.
>>
>>89809194

This is an incredibly retarded statement. The Annihilation Wave ravaged two or three galaxies. This just mind numbingly stupid to say. The only event they've had bigger is Secret Wars and Infinity Gauntlet. Basically anything where the fundamentals of reality have been in danger.
>>
>>89827848
Only because of lack of big name creative writers.
>>
>>89828196
I'm fairly certain nobody at Marvel knows what happened in Annihilation other than how Annihilus dies at the end.
>>
File: captainamerica275pagey0u2o.png (607KB, 740x522px) Image search: [Google]
captainamerica275pagey0u2o.png
607KB, 740x522px
>>89827070
Captain America #275. It's literally Cap vs "hate speech" protesters.
>>
File: WWII.png (87KB, 1092x2188px) Image search: [Google]
WWII.png
87KB, 1092x2188px
>>89819632
I know you're just being ironic and memeing, but goddamn does this frame of thinking piss me off. I mean, I get it, pride for our country is important. But we literally didn't do jack shit. The only reason we're a world power is because when you're the guy with all the nukes you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want.
>>
>>89827351
>Guardians
WHY?!
>>
>>89828525
Hot property with another movie coming out soon.
>>
>>89827754
The event should have been confined to the Cap comics Thunderbolts, and Uncanny Avengers only.

Possibly Deadpool too since he has been tight with Cap before Cap became Hydra and seeing how Steve saw good in him and told Wade that being brainwashed and used by bad guys wasn't Deadpool's fault I can see Wade taking HydraCap personal.

>>89828196
Also the Annihilation Wave was an army from another dimension so I doubt a whole Chitauri army can match them.

Spencer just wants to make his shit a bigger threat but honestly it feels more like he made Maria and Carol's seem like liars or idiots.

As long as someone like Rich Rider doesn't say it IDGAF.
>>
>>89827451

>a hanl pym who never geat his wife
Hank without his fuck ups and his skeletons is not interesting

>a cap who never wore armour
No one remembers that shit and the other stuff character development that Cap went through is more important.

>or a tony who never was drunk
He's still a drinker though and an alcoholic is always an alcoholic so he would relapse again and we would get Demon in a bottle 2.0

So no it would be O5 shit again
>>
>>89828654
I feel like if Spencer wants to keep using the Annihilation Wave as a measuring stick for the Chitari, he'll have Rich say it.
>>
>>89828525
On one hand, I should agree with you.
On the other, I think they key is that HydraCap is going to be given the right to use Maria Hill's SHIELD to lock out the Chitari, alongside any cosmic characters not already inside, thus forcing every non-earth hero back where they belong.
>>
>>89828272
And that's probably not gonna help them if Avengers try to do the O5 time-displacement thing.
>>
>>89828525
Only good reasons I can think of is the Chitauri invasion also Cap pretty much killed Jack Flag and he made a point to have Jack mention he was a Guardian and also Quill, Rocket, and Groot attend his funeral.

That shit is going to come out and hit the fan and I don't think the Guardians are going to be really happy about that.
>>
>>89828196
You missed Chaos War. It's OK though, most everyone did.
>>
>>89829125
Fuck's sake, they killed Jack now?!
>>
>>89829163

Cap murdered him
>>
File: hydrajack01.jpg (914KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
hydrajack01.jpg
914KB, 1249x1920px
>>89829163
Jack follows HydraCap into a plane where Zemo and Selvig are, HydraCap didn't want Jack to be there because he was going to fake Zemo and Selvig's deaths and Jack was interfering with that.

So he pushes him off a plane with the intention of killing him.

But Jack survives and is in a coma.

Steve agonizes about having to kill him because if Jack wakes up Steve's plans are screwed but he postpones doing something about it until the Red Skull bitches at him to do it.

Steve goes to kill the comatose Jack by injecting something into him but Cathy Webster tells Steve Jack was braindead and that they were going to disconnect him.

Honestly it feels kind of fishy, I am guessing Jack is alive and they are just hiding that fact from Steve otherwise why would Spencer put so much emphasis on Jack thorghout the comic.
>>
File: hydrajack02.jpg (846KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
hydrajack02.jpg
846KB, 1249x1920px
>>89829351
>>
File: hydrajack03.jpg (864KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
hydrajack03.jpg
864KB, 1249x1920px
>>89829366
>>
>>89829351
I would love if Jack ended up being the cause of Hydra Steve's downfall.
>>
Remember when Marvel heroes fought actual villains who didn't give a fuck about people and did whatever they had to do to accomplish their nefarious plans while not caring about having a sense of morals? I do, those were some pretty fun times. I understand the comicbook industry is on this this whole moral ambiguity and "checks and Balances" kick, but why does it have to come at the expense of well written stories with characters who have well fleshed out motives? We get it Marvel, anyone can be a villain, now can we please get back to heroes beating the shit out of maniacs who think they are superior to everyone else and who can't be reasoned with?
>>
File: JackCathyRick.jpg (272KB, 596x1111px) Image search: [Google]
JackCathyRick.jpg
272KB, 596x1111px
>>89829446
Same here, he's technically Hydra Cap's first victim so it would really come full circle if it happens.

Also Spencer loves C-listers and I can see him doing that, Jack getting to do something important and being in the spotlight of such a big event and playing a crucial role in stopping HydraCap would also be pretty sweet.
>>
>>89806499
This all just sounds like KeikakuCap will be 100% villain and I do not like this. I like morally ambiguous "greater good" Cap.
>>
>>89827351
>>What if your greatest ally was secretly your greatest enemy?
>greatest ally

Has Gisnep finally taken The Red Pillâ„¢?
>>
File: secret avengers 21.jpg (1MB, 2535x1944px) Image search: [Google]
secret avengers 21.jpg
1MB, 2535x1944px
>>89829474
It's kind of what happens when Marvel can't keep characters consistent within the same year.

http://4thletter.net/2012/01/america-is-now-blood-and-tears-instead-of-milk-and-honey-secret-avengers-21/
>>
>>89829474
I just want a good fucking evil as fuck villain for once. Like AoA Blue Lips. I mean hell, the prime event, COIE, just had Anti-Monitor as an evil fuck for the sake of being evil.
>>
>>89829609
Jesus, that page is pretty fucked up for Cap.
>>
>>89829609
Oh yeah I remember when that happened and how pissed off people were.

Also Warren Ellis wrote that and he later came out and admitted that he had problems writing Captain America in an Endless Wartime interview

>"The really hard one for me is Captain America," Ellis says. "I have a really hard time getting all the way into that character's head enough that the dialogue seems true."

Also at some points he would have Cap say some British colloquialisms which was pretty weird, I just don't think he really has that good handle of the character.
>>
File: Avengers 44.jpg (1MB, 2016x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers 44.jpg
1MB, 2016x1528px
>>89829704
>>89829786
Remember that time the world was ending and Steve chose to pick a fight with Iron Man instead of trying to help save the world, even in a futile attempt? (like Infinity Gauntlet?)
>>
>>89829879
That was so stupid and I hate Hickman for that, but the man has always been more into wanking it to Doom and Richards having pseudo intellectual spats than anything.

But I blame the editors the most, they should really look out of the company characters.
>>
File: 2341234-6.jpg (2MB, 1236x1915px) Image search: [Google]
2341234-6.jpg
2MB, 1236x1915px
>>89829879
He was also pretty much already Hydra Cap during AvX and it's epilogue, too.
>>
>>89806617
>McNiven
Ah, the most boring artist Marvel has will be on this book. Cool.
>>
>>89810417
That is literally WHY he said that.
>>
>>89829966
Wolverine had intentions of killing Hope IIRC.

Also that clusterfuck was written by like six writers with the writers forcibly trying to make the Avengers be in the right, which always backfires on them (the Inhumans vs X-men shit being another example).
>>
Hey that reminds me, did they ever explain how Steve was still alive after the events in Captain America #50?
>>
>>89830174
No, they just ignored that story.
>>
>>89806535
>This is not heroes fighting heroes, this is heroes fighting a bad guy
im-fucking-plying.
>>
File: AvX 02 017.jpg (960KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
AvX 02 017.jpg
960KB, 1280x1968px
>>89829966
How the fuck did anyone think anyone was "right" in this crossover? Their motivations make far less sense than the motivations for Cap and Iron Man in Civil War.
>>
>>89829879
I seriously fucking hate Hickvengers.
At least Illuminated Anon came out of it.
>>
>>89829351
>>89829446
That would be nice

>>89830703
This.
>Marvel: we forgot how to superhero
>>
>>89830703
>At least Illuminated Anon came out of it.
Yeah they entertained us throughout that shitfest.

Too bad they stopped but I guess they could only take so much shit from Marvel.
>>
>>89807695
But, and this is the ironic bit, if you spelled proving correctly then it wouldn't have spell checked it incorrectly in the first place?
>>
>>89807261
I want to punch this asshole
>>
>>89806624

Why is that terrible?

We ARE living in a fucking comic book these days. Except that the leader of the free world is not a Hydra infiltrator but a circus clown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa2Yq-2g
>>
>>89806652

Cap is not the quintessential Marvel hero. That would be Spider-Man. Cap is an icon (to surviving members of the Greatest Generation, anyway), but he is far from being identifiable.
>>
>>89806837

Suffer like we Transfags have suffered.
>>
>>89832524
Ignore the movies and shut up.
>>
>>89829966
>>89830474
Cap's motivation made perfectly logical sense. The Phoenix was coming to Earth and it had destroyed inhabited planets along the way. Gambling everything on the assumption that a destructive cosmic force MIGHT make more mutants is a stupid fucking idea. But the writers had to go and have Cap turn full retard and invade a sovereign nation, resulting in the endless "Cyclops was right" circlejerk.
>>
File: scan0009.jpg (165KB, 495x732px) Image search: [Google]
scan0009.jpg
165KB, 495x732px
>>89815013
>Marvel just seems like kids with conflicting liberal views on crap doing things for shock value.

But that's been Marvel since its inception. Jack Kirby got death threats from people because he drew Captain America punching Nazis (Then every time Nazis showed up at the Marvel office. There was panic because Jack would roll up his sleves and go down to fuck their shit up. They bolted before Jack got a chance.)
>>
>>89832722
lies
>>
>>89806652
>the quintessential Marvel

That would be Spider-man.
>>
>>89832734
No, facts. Kirby was a real American, deal with it.
>>
>>89832690
Cap spends the entire event being mindlessly antagonistic to the point that even some Avenger aligned people like the F4 had to call him out on it, and post event Hope had to find and mimic a supervillains powers and run the fuck away to escape him going full creepy uncle on her.

Those pages there are just a small example. Cap and Logan have a disagreement, and Cap outright attacks him and has him thrown out of a plane in high orbit over it. Logan's an Avenger, who was on his side.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.