[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would the King of the Hill cast fare in a zombie apocalypse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: dale holding dead hank.png (308KB, 477x358px) Image search: [Google]
dale holding dead hank.png
308KB, 477x358px
How would the King of the Hill cast fare in a zombie apocalypse?
>>
>>89795997
I'm pretty sure dale would probably keep himself locked up in his basement with nancy and joseph, he's always been prepped for these sort of things
>>
>>89796375
So he'd be like the gun store guy from Left 4 Dead 2. Instead of Cola he's ask for Mountain Dew.
>>
>>89795997
Out of the four guys, Boomhauer would probably doesn't first. Nothing against him, he's just most likely to sacrifice himself to save the others, and he'd take a great number of zed with him.

Bill would be next, the stress of the Apocalypse would eventually erode the newfound hope that being a survivor he'd be necessary for repopulation. He'd end up making an ambiguously suicidal move and run towards a zombified pack of supermodels, thus ending his life among women surrounding him.

Dale would hang on as long as he could, he might not be that great of a fighter but his knowledge and resources become absolutely invaluable for survival. Alas, his death would not come at the hands of zombies, but at raiders invading his home. He'd shoo everyone out through his emergency escape tunnel, and with one last tearful goodbye to Nancy and Joseph (whom he would tell to protect his mother), he'd forcibly collapse the entrance, grab the cyanide pill he keeps hidden away, and gears up to kill some raider bastards. The cyanide is taken right as he runs out of ammo.

And of course, there's Hank. He would survive and find a new life in a survivor colony along with Bobby and Peggy (who would survive because the universe has a sick sense of humor). His life, oddly enough, wouldn't change much, and even if he lost his friends he'd still find ways to be happy.
>>
>>89795997

Important Question: Do they have Prep Time?

That is, is this a kind of scenario where the Z are on them before the general population is aware they need to prepare for a crisis [As in the DotD Remake], or has the cast had time to come to terms and prepare for what's going down?

Remember the supernatural is all but alien in the KotHverse, so the dead rising from the grave by itself would have unpredictable but profound effects on the cast's psychology
>>
File: dale stares into the fire.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dale stares into the fire.gif
603KB, 320x240px
>>89796680

If we assume that the cast doesn't shut down from shock of the rising alone, then I think it would probably go down a lot like any of the other Disaster episodes in the series, such as the one with the Arlen Snowfall or the one where they are all confined to the school gymnasium

Hank would fall back on whatever his training and idealism would tell him to do. He would attempt to uphold the values of the old world in the new reality, only compromising them when his family and friends become directly threatened. But this will inadvertently put them at risk.

Dale will think he's prepared. He'll buy what he thinks is all of the right gear, but he'll have failed to check on some of the details during the purchase. The general purpose disaster equipment he keeps around will probably be misused, and when shit starts to really get real he will probably freak out and become a victim of his own ineptness before he's the victim of the undead. His home and various properties might serve as invaluable stockpiles for more level headed, survival prone characters
>>
I imagine it'd be like the Flood episode. Except it's with zombies instead of rain and Bill somehow blames it all on Hank that supplies are low or the infection started because the mustache guy wasn't doing his job.
>>
>>89796893

Bill, as in the gymnasium episode, will freakout in his own way and betray the group to the first strongman they encounter for a position of relative power or comfort. It wouldn't surprise me if he became a cannibal if they paid him the right compliment when he was feeling insecure. He -will- probably regret his betrayal, but forgiveness will be in shorter supply after the fall of civilization and I doubt he reingratiates himself to Hank.

BoomHauer would fare pretty well, he is a trained law enforcement officer after all. And while his training might not have directly included apocalypse survival, he probably at least has the capacity for critical thinking and emergency response to give him better than average survival. If he runs with the Hills he would be a valuable lieutenant.

Bobby I have no Idea. Hank would chew his ass, but but is essentially the elemental manifestation of poor work ethic. It's up to the boy to get right in a world gone wrong. Hank wouldn't abandon him, but he might fall behind
>>
>>89797063

Peggy would be one of those people who read the Max Brooks books, took the advice to an autistic degree, and then refuse to use a weapon less awesome than teh shaolin spade. She will take her misconceptions as gospel and probably die before Bobby or Dale in an effort to show how easily she can handle the undead.

Khan and Minh will handle themselves pretty well. I expect they will become traveling merchant, bartering hoarded goods from before the fall like Toilet Paper and Bottled Water. Khan will be easier to intimidate for free swag if you try to rob them
>>
>>89797063
Bobby would go on the most amazing reinvention of a character you can imagine. From a boy desperately trying to pack up some puppets in his bug-out bag for the inevitable zombie attack on their home, Bobby will grow to become a true survivor, and in the end he will grow strong and become a fearsome zombie hunter that everyone trusts, and Hank will finally see his boy become a man.
>>
>>89797063
I know Bill is only a barber, but I'd also expect that in a disaster of any great magnitude he's going to find himself being called to active duty service if society is falling apart, they'll probably roll the National Guard into regular army and try to establish something. Bill is likely going to be in that in some capacity.
>>
File: koth zelda.jpg (63KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
koth zelda.jpg
63KB, 640x630px
>>89797182

Buck Strickland would be recruited for Hanks Survivors early on out of a sense of obligation, but he would also die early on in an attempt to relapse into one of his vices. Like he would detour to a police evidence locker to score some booger sugar and get cornered by a zombified evidence clerk who'd been stumbling around in the dark corners.

If the apocalypse happens before the season where Cotton finally passed on, He's probably do the best out of any of them at surviving. He would refuse to tag along with Hank's Group, instead fortifying the VA and purging fiddy waves of undead. He will die in a last stand, even if he has to instigate it

>>89797267
I want to believe anon, Bobby does have the tendency to rise to the occasion when he really needs to.
>>
>>89797182
>Khan and Minh will handle themselves pretty well. I expect they will become traveling merchant, bartering hoarded goods from before the fall like Toilet Paper and Bottled Water. Khan will be easier to intimidate for free swag if you try to rob them

>HICK: Ah'll take these batteries, and all the bottled water.
>KAHN: Splendid! I'll trade all this for...your motorcycle!
>HICK: Ah said ah'll TAKE it.
>(HICK looms menacingly over KAHN, who shrinks in fear.)
>KAHN: Oh, ah ha, yes, of course, it's all yours!
>MINH: KAHN!
>(MINH starts shouting angrily in Laotian while grabbing a gun from nearby and pointing it at HICK'S face)
>MINH: You get the hell out of here!
>(HICK looks visibly worried and drops everything he was holding as he backs away towards his motorcycle)
>HICK: Woah, hey now, ah'm goin'. Sorry 'bout that, ma'am.
>(HICK rides off)
>>
>>89797417
>Cotton in a zombie apocalypse
I never knew how much I needed this in my life.
>>
>>89797182
I'd imagine when Peggy goes to show how she can defend herself, it's because Hank refuses to let her help in anyway which causes Peggy to have one of her usual ego trip meltdowns

She dies almost immediately after engaging with the first zombie she sees without properly checking the area and put's everyone else at risk because she didn't bother to close whatever entrance she came out of

Before any of that, it's just her being a liability to the rest of the group because of the conflicting advice the book gave her, where she's always getting the group into trouble
>>
>>89797562
I never knew I wanted The Walking King of the Hill so bad myself.

> Peggy: Hank, it's the end of the world. Sometimes you have to sacrifice your principles to survive.
> Hank: Peggy, we may be cannibals but we're not savages. We're going to keep cooking with clean, efficient propane. No charcoal.
>>
File: happyock.jpg (8KB, 308x215px) Image search: [Google]
happyock.jpg
8KB, 308x215px
>>89797754
>we may be cannibals but we're not savages. We're going to keep cooking with clean, efficient propane. No charcoal.
>>
>>89797736
>Before any of that, it's just her being a liability to the rest of the group because of the conflicting advice the book gave her, where she's always getting the group into trouble
Peggy would get someone killed with her advice. That I am 100% sure of.

The person who followed her advice would be Chuck Mangione, who ends up getting a weird post-apocalyptic religion built around him after his death despite nobody except a small group knowing how he died
>>
>>89797796

Even years after the onset of the Apocalypse, travelers still swear they could hear a distant, haunting trumpet over the Texas deadlands
>>
>>89797754
What happens when he's unable to get more natural gas? Does he use stockpiled charcoal or go camping style and just make due with sticks and wood?
>>
>>89798044
Legends tell of a stranger traveling this wasteland, salvaging any propane canisters not empty in long-abandoned back yards and stores. Do not let him catch you, lest you wind up on his grill.
>>
>>89797796
Imagine Peggy insisting that she knows what she's doing only for the rest of the group to tell her "no, don't do that"
And when the rest of the group splits up to look for goods she goes and does it anyway to try to prove a point only to cause a horde of zombies to attack them

Hank would likely be the sole reason she hasn't been kicked out yet
>>
File: Bill-doser 1974_640.jpg (104KB, 640x489px) Image search: [Google]
Bill-doser 1974_640.jpg
104KB, 640x489px
>>89795997
Well Dale would run away screaming. Hank and Boomhauer might do okay, but I feel like Bill would somehow turn back into a badass if the whole world changed so dramatically.
>>
>>89798453
I like to think that too. When the situation really calls for Bill to remember he used to be awesome, he can sometimes come through for the group.
>>
>>89797562
>DAD, you're alive!
>No I ain't boy. Satan got too sick of me so he sent me back up here to walk the earth
>Are those new shins?
>Yep. Stole them off Herman Goering. Nice and strong. Anyway, me and topsy here are gonna go re-kill Emperor Tojo. Try to keep Bobby and Hanks wife alive.
>>
File: 728816.gif (840KB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
728816.gif
840KB, 319x240px
They know how to swing a melee weapon.
>>
>>89795997
No doubt Dale would be the best at survivor, even if he didn't become the leader he'd still kill the most zombies.
>>
File: [Laughter Stops].png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
[Laughter Stops].png
200KB, 356x256px
>>89796407
>mfw I just realized because the survivors were carriers they probably infected him when they gave him the cola
>>
>>89796375
Yep. Just Dale and his family. And John Redcorn.
>>
>>89795997
>How would the King of the Hill cast fare in a zombie apocalypse?

When in the series are we talking?

If Cotton and his buddies are still around, then the zombies are killed off pretty early.
>>
File: 1278107388887.jpg (146KB, 480x355px) Image search: [Google]
1278107388887.jpg
146KB, 480x355px
>>89800703
Grabbin Bills.
>>
>>89796537
you forgot the part where the survivor colony runs off propane
>>
>>89797562
> "I see the fiddy men I killed and boy are they angry!"
>>
KOTH would've been 10/10 if the finale had been a one hour zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>89803060
FUND IT
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.