[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steve Ditko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (61KB, 420x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 420x397px
Aside from Spiderman and Dr. Strange what's his best work? I just read through a collection of his Creepy/Eerie work and, even though the stories were kind of shitty, I loved the artwork enough to finish the whole thing in one sitting. His art on the fantasy stuff in particular was god-tier.
>>
>inb4 Mister A
>>
>>89794513
Blue Beetle, Question, Creeper.
>>
I wonder how things would have played out if Ditko wasn't so dedicated to Objectivism.
>>
>>89794513
>even though the stories were kind of shitty
I think there's some good stuff in there. The story about the Ruby, The Colletor, and The Flay all stand out to me. The Sword and Sorcery stories are the worst of the bunch imo

Besides that I like Mr. A, Shade the Changing Man, The Creeper, and The Question
>>
>>89794580
We'd actually see a current picture of him.
>>
>>89794545
>>89794613
Thanks for the recs guys. I'll check those out. Is there any other horror anthology stuff he did though?
>>
>>89794711
I'm surprised no one got a shot of him when he went back to doing freelance work for Marvel from the late 70's to the early 90's. He didn't just come and go, Ann Nocenti said he would walk into her office for a chat from time to time
>>
File: mr a shit.jpg (422KB, 960x1456px) Image search: [Google]
mr a shit.jpg
422KB, 960x1456px
Mr A's writing is batshit insane but it's beautiful to look at
>>
>>89794761
>Is there any other horror anthology stuff he did though?
Some work for Marvel's old anthologies before they became a superhero company and a lot of Golden Age work for different publishers
>>
>>89794580
His career would have been more fruitful. His body of work is nothing to sneeze at, but we'll never know how much further he could have gone if he chose his battles a little better.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.