[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tagalog Dubs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Yey.png (10KB, 470x230px) Image search: [Google]
Yey.png
10KB, 470x230px
/co/ for those of who live in the Philippines or at the least have visited or have been in there, what're your thoughts on hearing your favorite /co/ shows being dubbed in Tagalog?

Because as someone who's visiting the country and temporarily staying in a local friend's house and been very much used to and accustomed to watching Western Entertainment, honestly Tagalog dubs sound FUCKING AWFUL!

>noticeable non-matching lip synching
>adult VAs doing adult characters; both the young and older ones, tend to sound too forced
>child characters are voiced by literal kids which make them sound too squeaky and fake
>Elderly characters are forced to sound too elderly

In general it just sounds awful.
>>
>>89776581
And yet the masses dig in that shit. Just like how they dig in every soap opera that comes out of that shithole.
>>
>>89776581
The main TV networks have their own VA posse.

I hope the Philippines will have a decent VA school.
>>
File: 1ilgx5.jpg (60KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1ilgx5.jpg
60KB, 500x449px
>>89776581
>Philippines
>>
>>89776581
Its awful, not just the VAs but also how stuff is translated

I saw an episode of Magi and they literally translated everything

>>89777312
They dont "dig it" intentionally. Its literally what the media/govt is forcing on us so they cant help but like what they have.

Seriously, nobody even watches the shows on local channel unless they're full retard and dont know how to download or stream.
>>
>>89777393
>>89776581

Same here in Indonesia, whether it's anime or cartoons the dub is kinda lackluster. As the above anon said, the networks have their own cabal of VAs that they use on freaking everything, from cartoons to anime to foreign telenovelas and shit like that.

Thankfully now the internet is widely available.
>>
>>89776581
I don't watch the dubs anymore. But yeah, from what I remembered they were pretty bad. I loved the Yu Yu Hakusho dub though. They renamed it Ghost Fighter and gave everyone non-Jap names. Though they thought Genkai was a guy and Kurama was a chick.

>>89777393
True, it was weird when I saw the Battle of Gods commercial in the other network when it was another network that dubbed the series. And they gave everyone different voice actors. Though I'm pretty sure the Nickelodeon ones didn't have their dubs changed, they sound pretty similar when it moved networks. I think. Still, there's only a pretty small pool of VAs.

>>89778938
I don't know. Most people in the province don't have easy access to the internet so they're forced to watch dubbed. At least one of the networks is trying though, TV-5's pretty good. Fuck they're the only ones who even bother to get new material. ABS and GMA have been recycling Naruto and Dragonball and Bleach and One Piece and Pokemon for eternity.
>>
>>89778938
also yes, they're shit at localizing jokes. Though though I do like some of their woolseyism. As nonsensical as it is, like replacing the final "Ha" with "Wave" at the end of the Kamehameha, I thought "Rider Change!" was pretty neat too, I wish they dubbed more Toku, the names of the Devil Fruit Abilities are pretty cool, though I haven't watched it in a long time so they may have stopped trying to localize the name of the abilities. I like how they kept the Jutsu names for Naruto, but that's just lazy translation really.
>>
>>89779585
also since I'm talking about jokes being localized. The Local Anime Cable Channel actually dubbed Gintama, most jokes fall pretty flat.
>>
>>89779632
Oh no, I don't want this to devolve into a /pol/ thread. This is strictly how shitty non-american/non-south american/non-latin american dubs are.
>>
>>89779645

Sorry,I just hate seeing the country in such a sad state,I'll delete it now
>>
>>89776581
>see Jimmy Neutron
>high pitch gravely-esque voice
>he calls Hugh "daddy"
>turn off tv and never speak of it again
>>
>>89776581
It also happens with English dubs here in the US too, Setsuko's voice sounded awful in the older, Central Park Media dub of Grave of the Fireflies, there was a better English dub by Sentai Filmworks made for the Blu-ray but it's only available in the US, Canada and some Russian bootlegs according to some, and even then, Setsuko's voice still sounds slightly fake, not as terrible as the older dub, though.

Too bad UK and Australia only got the older Central Park Media dub.

Asuna's English voice in Children Who Chase Lost Voices also sounds as fake as Setsuko, and the English dub was also made by Sentai Filmworks.

Also, Mitsuha sounds too unnaturally old in the English dub of Your Name.

>>89776581
At least you're not in Thailand, their censorship laws are ridiculous, you have censorship blurs most everywhere, even the bare chests of males in Dragon Ball are censored as well as even the most modest swimsuits and even weapons.

>>89777312
Anon, I have seen some of their soap operas thanks to being baited by some Flips, they were the most fucked up shit I have ever seen this side of A Serbian Film, and they also had terrible visual effects that make Birdemic look like Star Wars in comparison.
>>
File: Taytay a cutiepiecute.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Taytay a cutiepiecute.gif
1MB, 500x281px
Also, Russian voice-overs are quite awful if they were done by amateurs.

I am not sure why the Russians even like them when they can just opt for subtitles.

I listened to some Russian voice overs of some of Taylor Swift's concerts out of morbid curiosity (I would still prefer to watch the concerts in English, especially if Taylor Swift's voice is left alone in all it's glory) and the only person they bothered to translate was Taylor Swift herself, and if someone else speaks, they speak untranslated English.

The voice-over lady is also kinda spotty at times for this.

At least the singing was intact and in English.

And also, the sound mixing in the Russian voice-over for Your Name was also spotty, the volume will randomly get louder or softer, though it's good that they translated everyone's lines and every male is voiced by one man and every female is voiced by one woman, rather than everyone being voiced by one man or woman.

Most Russian voice-overs are Heт-tier, though, because of how amateurish they are.
>>
>>89776581
Some of them from the 90s were alright.
>>
>>89779547
>I don't watch the dubs anymore. But yeah, from what I remembered they were pretty bad. I loved the Yu Yu Hakusho dub though. They renamed it Ghost Fighter and gave everyone non-Jap names. Though they thought Genkai was a guy and Kurama was a chick.

Naririnig mo ba ang tindero ng balut?
>>
What makes me laugh more is how all the dubs on animax are the same 5 people. At least the cartoons on Hero are different folks.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.