[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they ditch the evil genius shtick and turn him into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: stewie.png (174KB, 403x351px) Image search: [Google]
stewie.png
174KB, 403x351px
Why did they ditch the evil genius shtick and turn him into a flaming faggot?
>>
>>89772786
The evil genius aspect clashed with the direction the show was going at the time, so instead of trying to force it harder they removed it. However, this left Stewie without a shtick, so they used a one-off gag to build him into the character we know today.
>>
>>89772857
/thread
>>
>>89772786
Because it's funnier. The evil genius thing has been done better by other shows.
>>
>>89772786
All the characters who had a schtick had devolved into generic douchebags.

Stewie is just a baby who talks and closeted gay jokes. They occasionally reference his evil genius when they feel like doing a high concept sci fi episode.

Quagmire used to be the pervy neighbour next door. Now he's just Peter friend with the occasional sex joke when they've got one.
>>
>>89773086
>Quagmire used to be a rapist and a sex trafficker. Now he's more focused on working but has weird kinks on the side
Quagmire is the only one who got tamer over time.
>>
I don't understand why they assasinated Brian's character so badly. It didn't really need to be done, his dickishness was better when it was more nuanced.
>>
>>89774191
He was originally Seth's self-insert but the new writers don't know what the fuck to do with him. so they just try to top themselves and make him worse than the last episode.
>>
Lazy writers.
>>
>>89774264
I know the whole thing where Quagmire and Brian are Seth's alter egos but ever since they had Quagmire snap at him, they made him into a total piece of garbage while trying to erase the fact that Quagmire is a necrophile and serial rapist.
>>
>>89772786

It got old
>>
>>89772786
Liberal faggot Seth McFarlane wanted it.
>>
>>89773445
Quagmire got more tame and more heinous. He has this weird ongoing joke where he's a lame guy who likes cats and can be curmudgeonly for no real reason...then he's a rapist.
>>
It's a lot easier to write stereotypes than original amterial
>>
>>89772786
Was the last time he did anything oldstew was when He shot Diane Simmons
>>
>>89772786

Am I remembering this wrong or was there a gag where Stewie was crying because he was being punished by someone and then the camera pans out and there's a line of other family guy characters ready to beat him? Was it Chris or a different show altogether?
>>
>>89775339
>was there a gag where Stewie was crying because he was being punished by someone and then the camera pans out and there's a line of other family guy characters ready to beat him?
yeah
>>
>>89775339
It was a ripoff of the Airplane gag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvPugcb7QGE
>>
>>89772857
/thread
The couldn't come up what his "thing" would be once the abandoned the evil route and then remembered that one joke in the early seasons where it implied him and Rupert were a gay couple and decided to go with it.
>>89775472
I feel like people who complain about Family Guy being nothing but references and reused tv/film jokes haven't seen a a episode of the newer season after its cancellations.

I feel like those people don't understand just how bad the show got.
>>
>>89775707
I'm fine with references but referencing a joke from a parody movie just seems ridiculously cheap.
>>
Why is American Dad a good and funny show when it's made by the same guy? I can't even enjoy pre-cancellation Family Guy as an adult, but American Dad's still good.
>>
>>89775805
It's not just referencing it, it's straight up stealing the entire joke. And that's the problem with Family Guy, it's practically a comedy black hole that sucks up any and all jokes it can find, then regurgitates them, and expects people to laugh and the bastardized version of it. It's the most creatively bankrupt show out there.
>>
>>89775945
Different teams of writers.
>>
>>89775805
>>89775988
This is all true.
However what I was implying is despite relying on stealing jokes to survive their original stuff is somehow even worse.
>>
>>89772786
the (((writers))) wanted people to think you are born gay
>>
Every single character of consequence has gotten exponentially worse over the years. It's amazing. Literally none of them are even in the same atmosphere as redeemable. They're all fucking garbage.
>>
File: Quagmeg.png (176KB, 653x367px) Image search: [Google]
Quagmeg.png
176KB, 653x367px
>tfw no teenage wife
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.