[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he do anything wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: gaston's decorating.gif (1015KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
gaston's decorating.gif
1015KB, 500x281px
Did he do anything wrong?
>>
He was kind of a dick about wanting to Belle into his housewife/servant and effectively ban her from her books a woman reading is 'improper'. You could chalk that up to old values of the time though.

He did directly stir up the village into a hysteria for his own ends too. Both to get Belle because she 'belonged' to him and probably to bag another trophy.

But yeah, as far as villains go, he was more misguided and arrogant than malicious. Same case with that guy in Iron Giant.
>>
>>89747911
Mansley was a traitor to his nation
>>
>>89747911
WHERES THE ROBOT MANSLEY
>>
>>89746006
Die, for starters.
>>
File: gunwojjy.jpg (85KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
gunwojjy.jpg
85KB, 707x500px
He wouldn't date me if he were real
Therefore, he should die
>>
>>89747911
>Same case with that guy in Iron Giant.
The difference is that Mansley was a fucking abhorrent human being, Gaston was just kind of a dick.
>>
>>89748100
Amusing thing is, the thing that made him abhorrent were driven into him by a culture of paranoia and xenophobia.
>>
>>89746006
Gaston was an inspirational figure and you should all aspire to be half the man that he was.
>>
>>89748253
I tried eating 5 dozen eggs once

I pooped so much I was dehydrated.
>>
>>89746006
well, you don't have to kill the deer to get the antlers, you can find them in the forest since deer usually shed them every year
>>
NOOOOOO ONE
SHITPOSTS LIKE GASTON
>>
>>89748100
I don't see how you come to that conclusion. Gaston was an arrogant asshole. He song a song about how awesome he was and it was all nonsense. He was after Belle because she was hard to get and he didn't like the idea of there being a pretty woman in the village who didn't swoon over him. He wanted her so he could throw her away like the rest.

He had an actual minion. Not a sidekick, a minion.

He did extreme things just to satisfy his ego.

He was way worse than Mansley.
>>
File: img000013[1].png (142KB, 867x1250px) Image search: [Google]
img000013[1].png
142KB, 867x1250px
>>89748412
In his defence, it sounded like Gastion has been praised by the towns people for his strength and skill ever since he was a boy. It gets to a point where he's self-importance and right to things becomes a moral right in his mind.
>>
File: 1436153524346.png (142KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436153524346.png
142KB, 1000x1000px
No one blows his head off like Gaston
don't ask, stupid real story
>>
>>89748944
he will be missed.
>>
I think he went too far around the time when Beast refused to fight back against him until he was cornered into it.
>>
>>89748944
Ha, I came to post this.
>>89748966
Real talk, like 8th guy I know that died at Disney that year. 2016 hit Orlando like the beast is hitting emma Watson.
>>
>>89748412
Gaston tried to rally the towns people to kill a monster for some pussy

Mansley tried to nuke American soil because he didn't like the giant robot.
>>
>>89749045
yeah but he was gaston, I don't care if goofy or buzz die.
>>
>>89748944
>dude let me light this firework on my head lmao

really he could not have been a more perfect actor for the part
>>
>>89749069
At the end of the day they both demonized a creature they didn't understand. Both of them refused to acknowledge that their respective creatures were not evil. Gaston responded by trying to hurt the Beast and the Beast alone, while Mansley tried to destroy the Giant and inadvertently doomed an entire town of innocent people. Had it not been for the collateral damage on Mansley's side, he and Gaston would have near identical crimes, right down to their pure cowardice in the face of defeat and possible death.
>>
File: gaston.jpg (82KB, 846x471px) Image search: [Google]
gaston.jpg
82KB, 846x471px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDV1sj6MTz0
>>
>>89749223
True, I just think Mansley takes the top position because even if it wasn't a nuclear warhead, his superior officer made the decision that the Giant was not a threat anymore and everything was okay, but Mansley snatches the radio from his superior officer and orders the missile launch without a second thought. Gaston was some dumb jockin an old timey town, but Mansley was a government official, he should, by nature of his job, be smarter than that. So Mansley has stupidity that has no place in his line of work stacked ontop of his other crimes.
>>
>>89749172
>>89749045
>>89748944
wait the Disney World Gaston died? damn what a shame. he was good
>>
>>89749425
I'd say that Mansley's decision wasn't fueled by stupidity as much as paranoia, and I think that's the point. A man of his status and importance driven to nuke his own country out of paranoia and fear of the other. He represents the worst effects of the Red Scare, and by extension other periods of fear and paranoia of "the other", which is incredibly common in American history.
>>
Didt gaston risk his life to save belle? Every other townsfolk would just pretend or not give a dam.

A dick but not a bad guy. The beast is way worse.
>>
>>89746006
yes. he was a white christian heterosexual cis male.
>>
>>89746006
Getting himself killed and thus ruining the local egg industry.
>>
>>89746006
Majority of Disney "villains" did nothing wrong.
>>
>>89751042
>Didt gaston risk his life to save belle?
No. Not once. When Maurice comes back and says Belle is trapped in a dungeon Gaston's plan is to wait for her to come home herself. When she does return he tries to blackmail her into marriage, and when she rejects him he imprisons her and goes off to murder the person she does care about.

It is the entire point of the movie, Gaston is gorgeous and charismatic but inside he's a selfish cunt, while the Beast is monstrous and rude, but inside he's a decent person.
>>
>>89751042
>Didt gaston risk his life to save belle?
She didnt need saving and openly opposed Gaston's actions

>A dick but not a bad guy. The beast is way worse.
How so? Gaston had Belle's father institutionalized and outright tried to murder the Beast.
Sure the beast imprisoned her father, but easily let him go and then proceeded to treat Belle as a guest and not a prisoner. He also spared Gaston's life, but Gaston once again tried to kill the Beast.

The Beast was a dick. Gaston was an insecure homicidal maniac.
>>
>>89751042
he risked his life to fuck her, whether she was willing or no. far from heroic. he also hated everything about who she chose to be so you can't even call him lovestruck.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.