[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toonami Ratings for 2/4/17

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 50

File: image.jpg (248KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248KB, 1440x900px
The NEW 10 episode season of Samurai Jack begins March 11th at 11:00pm. Apparently our bitching worked because it's no longer going to get fucked by having the Super rerun in front of it.
Trailer https://youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w
gonna take time getting used to that new Aku voice.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last weeks ratings saw some mild recovery over the disaster the week before, but still weren't anything amazing. This week starts out about the same for the DB hour but then there is a massive drop when Jojo starts, but while that drop is huge, the drops between everything else are very small.

Good news, Super clocked in as the top non rerun program for Saturday. ironically the 11:30 showing is what got this, which is actually a rerun

SotB made the weekly post but it doesn't actually have any ratings in it, so we only get the top chart since I know people get antsy.

11:30 Dragonball Super 1282 0.6
12:00 DBZ Kai 1130 0.5
12:30 Jojo's Bizzare Adventure 790 0.4
1:00 Gundam Unicorn 775 0.4
1:30 Hunter X Hunter 733 0.4

If the full chart comes out feel free to post it
>>
>>89744204
Why is there always such a large drop from DBZ to JoJo?

Things are really picking up with the Pillar Men, and the show is still doing just as poorly now as it was during Phantom Blood's run.
>>
>>89744278
It's not Stardust Crusaders
>>
>>89744278
Because you got tricked into believing Jojo was popular and not a loud cult following
>>
>>89744204
>11:30 Dragonball Super 1282 0.6
Super's ratings have been really underwhelming. At best it performs as good as Kai when it was leading the block which is pretty bad considering it's technically the premiere of the dub.
Toonami is dead.
>>
>>89744948
You can thank splitting it's viewership between two timeslots for that. You can't just add them together, but it's clear the 8pm showing is shaving off a lot of 11:30 views
>>
>>89744668
It probably has NOTHING to do with it being available for months at a time on Crunchyroll & Stardust Crusaders not being held up just so it can be posted there. JoJo season 1 came out 5 YEARS ago & Stardust still hasn't been dubbed because they're waiting to dump onto Toonami. I'd also posit, ya know, being on in the middle of the night & nowhere else that isn't Crunchroll (legally speaking) it's hard to pick up fans other than reputation & word of mouth.
>>
>>89745171
Literally every show except Dandy had had that same handicap. Not an argument
>>
File: 1454219853888.jpg (668KB, 1000x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1454219853888.jpg
668KB, 1000x1388px
>>89744204
Jojo's Bizzare Memeventure pulling a One Punch Meme
>>
>>89744278
>anime is for fucking nerds but I LOVE DBZ

Considering how tight the numbers were this week after DBZ, it's pretty clear there is a DBZ only crowd who fucks off the second it ends. That didn't used to be as big of an issue, but with the stagnant lineup a chunk of the loyal viewers who watched everything haven't returned, so that gap gets wider

>>89744668
Also some of this. Just because a handful of people on 4chan spam about muh pillarmen for weeks doesn't mean the wide audience gives a single shit
>>
>>89745221
If only Toonami weren't only in the dead of night, wherein more people could enjoy watching it. I mean, Case Closed can be a little gory at times, but Dragon Ball Z was more than fine for kids, but fuck all that, let's put the HOT UNRATED Naruto (they say "damn" occasionally?) & the brutal seinen bloodscape that is One Piece on one episode at a time & keep running MORE TTG during the day.
>>
>>89745393
We know lad, the lineup has too much kiddie shit right now. Super literally has a toyline. Doesn't seem that will change ever though
>>
So now that we have got a good taste, will Jack save Toonami? It even got shifted to the lead, so no Super rerun handicap to blame if it does bad
>>
>>89745516
Because kids who like Steven Universe or Teen Titans Go would HATE a show where two burly fantastic idiots punch each other & wax loudly on the ideals of friendship, loyalty & kindness (Compared to TTG's asshole anti-morals, played for laughs as if kids will realize the irony.)
>>
>>89745556
I dropped Toonami over a year ago but I'm coming back for Jack. Then I'll probably leave again until FLCL.
>>
>>89745556
Someone posted in one of the million Jack threads since yesterday, it will be a 10 week band aid. It doesn't fix the multiple other issues with the block. Don't get me wrong, I'm hype as fuck, but don't set your standards up to it saving the block because it's not going to.

Better question, can it break the AgK premiere ratings?
>>
>>89744278
Because Part 1 & 2 were shit.

Only reason it got popular was because part 3 was edgy generic action anime/manga.
>>
>>89745949
And Stands.
>>
>>89744278
>Why is there always such a large drop from DBZ to JoJo?

The premiere of super dub get views and some nostalgiafags.

Jojo has already been watched a billion times by anyone who cares (like myself). It also may be a little too inconsistent in tone and the dub probably isn't good enough to breath through into the mainstream.
>>
>>89745949
No it got popular because of memes. To this day there are still many people who consider themselves fans of Jojo that never read the manga and probably never even watched the anime save for a couple clips or at most a few episodes. They just like the memes. In fact I bet if most of these shallow people watched it they'd find it terribly boring. Especially the supposedly "popular" part 3, which is 90% villain of the week garbage.
>>
>>89745949
>edgy generic action anime/manga

It was funny and "bizarre"
Also, how is shrinking your stand to go inside an old man's brain, to rid himself of a parasite stand "generic action"
Or even better, how is touching a shadow that makes you into a toddler and therefore get taken care of and shower with a beautiful motherly woman, who in turn gets turned into a fucking fetus. generic?

It's a great show, I don't understand the hate. It's all bandwagoner hate from mangafag elitists and people who hate Jojofags trying to find a reference tot he series in everything, which I'm sure 50% of the time is just a forced meme.
>>
>>89746107
Just state it plainly: the dub is pure shit. It's garbage. They saw how campy it was and tried to match that in the dub and it just falls flat on its face. Line delivery is so important in Jojo, so crucial to pulling off the scenes, but when you have every major character speaking in atrocious fake accents it fucks up their ability to read lines properly.
>>
>>89746199
>don't understand the hate

Blame Jojobronys who think the show is gods gift to mankind of interject their crap into every thread on this site
>>
Maybe Toonami related at some point, take it with a grain of salt though.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/06/attack-on-titan-season-2-premiere-date-new-key-art-revealed

i think Battle Tendency ends the week prior to this. Really makes you think
>>
>>89746239

Okay yes, it's one of the worst dubs I've seen in years. Average dub quality is already lower than should be acceptable but this one is bad enough that it'll even scare people off with next to no standards.
>>
>>89746199
>I don't understand the hate
Browsing /wsg/ in 2016 made me hate Jojofags despite loving the anime and manga. You can only tolerate so many utterly terrible roundabout vines before you want to round up the faggots who post them and bulldoze them into a pit.
>>
>>89746123
>which is 90% villain of the week garbage

What's wrong with villain of the week? There's still a goal post and different main characters get to shine from time to time.

The only reason why I would see this being a problem is because it's too formulatic and in the world this is treated strangely. Dio could send multiple assasins and get everything over with instead of it being 1 or 2 villains per episode.

Part 4 handles villain encounters so much better because they appear to be coincidental and that makes the encounters feel more natural.
>>
Weekly reminder that Dimenson W pulled vastly higher week for week ratings than Jojo ever has for the same timeslot

Jojofags HATE this fact
>>
>>89746271
>I hate the show because of the fanbase

is there no better reason for you to come up with?
>>
File: 1463287190774.gif (276KB, 500x736px) Image search: [Google]
1463287190774.gif
276KB, 500x736px
>>89746366
robutt best girl too
>>
>>89746239
>he thinks the average Toonami viewers have any basis for what a good dub is

>>89746107
>he says no one watches Jojo because they saw it a billion times
>as he cites the good ratings for DBZ which people legitimately have probably seen a billion times

Jojofag excuses never end
>>
>>89746362
Part 4 is literally the best part of the entire Jojo story, don't you dare compare it to part 3, which is one of the weakest, barring the final couple arcs.
>>
>>89746430
>don't you dare compare it to part 3

Get out of here, it's all one series. Comparing parts is part of normal discussion.
>>
>>89746417
That's the thing, I used to kind of enjoy Jojo. That's how cancerous the fucking """fans""" are
>>
>>89746417
It is when the fans are the worst kind of bandwagoning cancer. Jojo used to be a beloved series on this site (or at least on /a/ and /v/, the only two boards that really knew it existed before 2012) and now genuine fans of the series can't talk about without being lumped in with facebookers and tumblr cancer. They've completely ruined this series.
>>
>>89744278
>Why is there always such a large drop from DBZ to JoJo?

Because just because some people online like Jojo doesn't mean that other people will too. It's the same as Gundam IBO. It has a lot of good buzz outside of /m/ with people calling one of the best anime on right now, yet when it came to Toonami it didn't do as hot as they probably were hoping. Hell, I know Gundam fans who were worried that Unicorn would hurt Gundam because it was vastly different to IBO and can be confusing to people who don't know the Universal Century timeline, but as we can see Unicorn is still bringing in similar ratings to what IBO pulled at the end of it's run.
>>
>>89746311
Can you the imagine the absolute ass devastation if the alleged best part of Jojo was put on hold for AoT?

I hate AoT but the salt would be glorious
>>
>>89746311
Battle Tendency will run until May.
>>
>>89746629
tell shitty fans who make ugly fanart of the show and make an ass out of themselves to fuck off

enjoy your discussions in peace and keep enjoying Jojo.

just report trolls, it's not difficult
>>
>>89746692
Ah, my count must be off then. A bit of a relief actually
>>
>>89746670
IBO was garbage. O hope they don't bring its second season to Toonami. I rather have them re-air Gundam 00 or show Garo: The Carved Seal of Flames. I'm sure westerners would like both of those better and rake in better ratings. Solid shows
>>
>>89745239
I love you
>>
so whats up with the ratings? anything high? anything low?
>>
>>89746311
Man I really don't think anybody gives a shit anymore about Attack on Titan. 4 years is a long time to wait for another season. I mean I know it still has autistic fans, the generals on /a/ are proof of that, but the hype is long dead.
>>
>>89746682
>Can you the imagine the absolute ass devastation if the alleged best part of Jojo was put on hold for AoT?

Everyone's already read and watched part 4. I don't think I can say the same for Attack on Titan Season 2. I dropped it and I don't see it being as popular as it was when it first came out
>>
>>89746733
It's literally impossibe. For every one actual Jojo fan there are 5 meme spewers.

And the damage has already been done at a significant level, as you see with anger an off topic Jojo image generates compared to a generic anime reaction image
>>
>>89746426

How could people have possibly seen the dub of super since it's new? There's plenty of people who waited for the dub to watch super (since like I said it gets nostalgia views).
>>
>>89746868
That won't stop Demarco from trying to cash in on yesterdays hype train

>>89746822
IBOs2 is pretty much a guarantee, it's clear we have a permanent Gundam slot
>>
>>89744204
>SotB made the weekly post but it doesn't actually have any ratings in it, so we only get the top chart since I know people get antsy.
>If the full chart comes out feel free to post it
It should be out by tomorrow most likely
>>
File: 1468662236694.png (159KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
1468662236694.png
159KB, 500x517px
>>89746880
>>
>>89746920
Oh I'm sure it'll do well on Toonami. It won't be nearly the hit season 1 was, but it's bound to do better than Jojo at least.
>>
>>89746949
Maybe, there was no reason for a delay this week so I dont know what the issue is. So I just went ahead with what we had
>>
>>89746239
>the dub is pure shit

That sounds kinda harsh. Some of the actors have good delivery.

I like Ben Diskin as Joseph, I like Speedwagon's actor, and the 3 main Pillar Men (especially Wammu) sound good.

Don't really like anyone else, though, especially Caesar.
>>
God the Sunday classic block probably did so terribly lmao
>>
>>89746998
No see I have immense respect for a lot of the actors in this dub. But the director is to blame for the boneheaded decision to use these atrocious accents. It's hard enough to nail good delivery in a show like this without having to keep up a shitty accent.
>>
>>89746366
Only because of the robo-waifu
>>
>>89747003
"BATO?!"
>>
>>89746822
That's my point man. Anime geeks on places like MAL or ANN were mostly giving the show high marks and how it was saving Gundam, but to other audiences it didn't go over so hot.

Season is an improvement in my opinion, but it is weighed down because one had to watch the chore that was season one. If people were put off by the first season, they're not going to flock to the second just because people says it's better. People also said season one was amazing after all.

I'm just going to leave you with this tidbit. In Japan G-Reco got above average ratings for it's timeslot. IBO's ratings on primetime were considered a joke with some episodes (including the final episode) scoring under their G-Reco counterparts. G-Reco also beat Unicorn in the ratings department.
>>
>>89746857
Super and Kai did average. Jojo took a huge dive but everything in that area stayed really consistent. Full chart wasn't posted for some reason
>>
>>89747022
i only watch dubs, unless its an anime that doesnt have dubs that i really want to see.

nice dubbs btw
>>
>>89747022
Ah, I gotcha. I kinda agree about those accents, desu.

Stroheim's actor is alright, but that German accent is cringy. And Caesar is downright terrible, bot accent and line delivery.

Apparently Caesar's voiced by the same guy who did Kirito in the Sword Art Online dubs. He sounded bad there, and I'm not surprised I don't like him here.
>>
>>89747032
And cause it was a brand new show nobody had heard of and couldn't anticipate. It was worth a watch just for the novelty. Yeah it ended up being a wet fart, but people didn't know it was a wet fart going into it and that's why they kept watching.

Sure there were some spoilers, but only in places like Toonami General, for most people they were flying totally blind. And for generating interest blind is the best. It's why anime original series always get lots of attention on /a/, because there's no light novel or manga faggots to spoil everything for you.
>>
>>89747128
Papenbrook is basically the new JYB, they cram him in everything as the generic male lead since he has zero range. At least JYB actually did have range (I really liked him as Vash and he wasn't bad as Lelouch), he just got typecast as generic MC.
>>
>>89747053
G-Reco is way too risky to air in the west. Not only is it Universal Century, but the amount of information dumps and world building information compressed in each episode is too much for the common American viewer.
It's a show that demands attention.

Also, knowing that Greco is by Tomino, and how Gundam otaku flock at any project he is in, it is no surprise that it would outdo Okada's IBO.

But outselling Unicorn in Japan? I havent seen the ratings or sells, but that's hard to believe.
>>
>>89747144
Meh, the novelty of it being a new show wore off for me pretty quickly.

I only stuck around for the robot girl and the masked guy who sounded like Garrus from Mass Effect. He was cool af.
>>
>>89747213
Those are the worst anime. You'd have to be one pretentious weeb to like that stuff.
>>
>>89747213

Well, here are the ratings and timeslots.

> IBO S1 - 2.25% at 5pm Sunday
> IBO S2 - 1.94% for the first half. Same time as S1.
> G-Reco - 1.8% at 2am Tuesday
> Unicorn - 1.7% at 7am Sunday
> Build Fighters - 1.64% - 6pm Monday
> Build Fighters Try - 1.42% - Same as Build Fighters
>>
>>89747213
Its literally holding you by the hand and telling you whats going on.
>>
>>89747308
I forgot to mention. 2% and above is considered a hit for a late night anime. But for a timeslot like IBO has, well, the first time the show scored under that the producer went to twitter to tell people it picks up towards the end of season one.
>>
>>89747389
You'd be surprised how that doesn't help some people. Because it's not redundant enough. Redundancy is one of the most important aspects in film and TV, because most audiences are not sharp enough to catch something if you show it or say it only once. So they repeat it 2 or 3 times, or even more. So shows like G-Reco or even GitS, even though they have lots of exposition, are really hard for general audiences to follow because so much of that exposition is given only once. And I'm not gonna pretend I perfectly understood GitS the first time, I have the benefit of having seen it several times so I've absorbed its lengthy dialogue over several years of rewatching, but to somebody whose watching it the first time? They're gonna miss stuff. Even if they follow most of it, they are definitely gonna miss things.
>>
>>89747507
Reasons reasons, anon.
>>
>>89747144
>brand new content is proven success despite quality
>hey lets get a bunch of long runners with no fresh novelty appeal that we also get stuck with for half a decade

Demarco logic everyone
>>
>>89746430
>Another Diamond kool-aid drinker
I hope this shit gets cancelled already. I'm tired of /a/'s bullshit opinions leaking over here.
>>
How significant is watching all of Jack before the new season? I have seen bits and pieces but never all in order. How much will that affect me?
>>
>>89748576
watch Aku's origin story with Jack's father fighting him, the first season episodes, the Guardian of the portal episode, some flashback episodes. And just a handful of random ones. They're all entertaining in their own way. It's all episodic and mostly seperate, but when put together, makes a great world.
Jack being chased by bounty hunters is expanded on almost every episode.
Scottish man episode is great and makes a return for a two partner.

Also watch any episode where Jack fights Aku
>>
>>89744204
One thing I know for sure: Ghost In The Shell managed to get lower ratings than One Piece since everyone already saw it before years ago.
>>
>>89745914
> multiple other issues with the block

please elucidate to us the number of problems the block has right now.
>>
>>89749213
Not him, but the fact that the block's oversaturated with long runners same-y shonen shows.
>>
File: moe_girl_by_trebuxet-d6io9is.jpg (534KB, 350x612px) Image search: [Google]
moe_girl_by_trebuxet-d6io9is.jpg
534KB, 350x612px
i wish some moe anime aired on toonami
>>
>>89749377
You wanna kill the block faster, nigga?
>>
>>89749299
Not gonna get into semantics about shonen but Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, and HunterxHunter are all pretty different in tone.

Not gonna call Jojos a longrunner since Davids went out of their way to make every part feel different even if the episode count is 100+ now. We've also had longer shows like Thundercats, Soul Eater, and Eureka 7. Like it or not, long shows and Toonami are pretty tightly tied together and it's been that way even since before the revival.
>>
>>89749444
Thundercats was by no mean a long runner. It had 26 fucking episodes.
>>
>>89749475
My mistake, I thought it was 52.
>>
>>89748576
No way to tell what stuff they will reference from the earlier seasons, but I'd say it's definitely worth watching all of it.
>>
>>89749495
It was planned to be 52 but got canceled halfway through and ended on a cliffhanger with Lion-o getting cucked after it was revealed his waifu is a living dead taking mummy dick on the regular.
>>
>>89749444
Oh boy they are all so different, I can't wait to watch Naruto use Nen and Gon use Hamon this week!

They are all the same schlock with a different coat of paint. And that's not the point anyway, there was never a point where all but ONE slot didn't have a permanent show. There was always 3-4 slots rotating new shows every 3 months or so
>>
>>89750288
Not that guy, but Nen is unlike anything you've seen on this block, or ever will since I doubt we'll be getting Jojo part 3 and Stands are the only thing that approaches the absurdity of high level Nen.
>>
>>89750220
Man, what the fuck WAS that reboot even trying to do near the end? Seems like they only cared about shitting on Lion-O instead of any cohesive endgame.

>>89750366
>He's still hyping up HxH
You'd think they'd learn by now.
>>
>>89750366
No it's exactly the same shit. It's the magic power that MC didn't have to work for that makes him better than everyone else. Just because HxH forced us to watch a tutorial on it for 2 months doesn't make it different
>>
>>89749444
>Soul Eater
>Eureka 7

At this point I'd be ecstatic to have a series on the block that is only 50 some episodes. Everything on Toonami except Gundam is pushing 150 and up
>>
>>89750288
> same schlock with a different coat of paint

Are you really gonna claim Dragonball, Naruto, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure were all aimed at the same audience? You have to realize that there's a lot more diversity in shonen than at first glance.
>>
>>89750643
Yea, maybe not directly but they definitely are
>hmm kids really liked DBZ
>I got it lets market Naruto to a young teen audience to catch those DBZ kids who got a little older
>hey why don't we market Jojo to young adults we will add in some gore and shit and make it seem more mature
>genius

If you can't see they are all basically the same damn thing with a slight increase in violence and language then you are a retard beyond help
>>
dead memory stick guy here, image back log is better but could still use some essential images or images from shows past. What cha got Toonami Gen?
>>
File: sandvich lives again.gif (3MB, 352x198px) Image search: [Google]
sandvich lives again.gif
3MB, 352x198px
>>89751139
>>
>>89751181
an important one, thanks anon. how many sandwiches will be cut down before their time in sao3?
>>
File: image.jpg (272KB, 974x1041px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272KB, 974x1041px
>>89751139
>>
File: IMG_1941.jpg (143KB, 579x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1941.jpg
143KB, 579x519px
>>89744278
Because the people who begged for jojo only ever saw Stardust Crusaders, evidence being the twitter shitstorm after episode 1 where people were shocked at how young Dio acted and how he was basically trump

And memes about STANDS

They're probably the same people who begged for OP and HxH, only saw the good parts or don't know how toonami works
>>
>>89751229
OPfags wanted One Piece because "It's a hit in Japan! It's best selling anime/manga series on the planet!"

HxH got on because fantards think it's a shounen masterpiece.
>>
>>89746107

Toonami keeps listening to people who download anime.
>>
File: IMG_1935.jpg (50KB, 960x879px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1935.jpg
50KB, 960x879px
>>89751270
That's what I mean

They don't know how Toonami works and what timeline they were gonna start us off with OP. OP has bad pacing and it will take months to get to the part fans keep saying "is the best"
These fans probably gave up half way through because they didn't want to stay up late every weekend waiting for the good parts and now most only occasionally watch them

Toonami is doomed with shitty long runners that get bad ratings because of a VERY vocal minority
>>
>People complain that jack has never used guns before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1n0agXAqBE
>>
File: 1427007779876.png (858KB, 1092x612px) Image search: [Google]
1427007779876.png
858KB, 1092x612px
>>89751377
Personally my favorite parts of One Piece are Alabasta and Skypeia, two parts Toonami completely skipped over. The Marineford war arc was great in the manga but absolute shit in the anime and I don't much care about any of the other upcoming arcs.
>>
>>89751229
More like they saw memes from Stardust Crusaders. I really doubt most Jojo fans have ever watched the series in any amount, it's just epik poses they saw while scrolling Tumblr
>>
>>89751492
>chewing on that moldy piece of bait

Quit that
>>
>>89751270
HxH just happens to be more fun than a lot of the shows on the block right now. Plus it's a dub premiere and I'm actually enjoying the voices a lot
>>
>>89751873
>HxH
>more fun

Top fucking laugh. I guess it's not much of a stretch when you compare it to fucking Recap Piece though
>>
File: Anne-Bonnie-3.png (585KB, 398x601px) Image search: [Google]
Anne-Bonnie-3.png
585KB, 398x601px
>>89751580
>One Piece referemces
>>
>Toonami doing so bad now they don't even bother to post the full ratings

Kek
>>
File: f027b41f36d8ca6b2df1855a58002007.jpg (861KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
f027b41f36d8ca6b2df1855a58002007.jpg
861KB, 4000x4000px
Robin is best Toonami girl

FACT
>>
File: 1486280422988.png (231KB, 254x488px) Image search: [Google]
1486280422988.png
231KB, 254x488px
>>89753054
Close friend, close
>>
>>89751873
Too bad it fucking tanks in quality after Yorknew City.
>>
File: remember shirley.jpg (127KB, 1151x691px) Image search: [Google]
remember shirley.jpg
127KB, 1151x691px
>>89751139
As annoying as they were sometimes I miss Toonami's viral ads, I think they ended on a poor note with that one Mr. Meecksees one.
>>
>>89744204
TGG pls add GitS drinkan rules to pastebin, I dug these up from the archives of olde

-You see all that CGI in the First Gig Intro
-They drop a title
-You don't understand what was just said
-Togusa uses his revolver
-There's a gory gunshot wound
-Anytime the Major's outfit makes her look less attractive.
-Tachikomas say something cute
-Togusa makes a comment about being pretty un-cyborg, or someone comments on his lack of cyborg
-A philosophical discussion happens
-The Laughing Man logo appears.
>>
>>89754797
Has NuToonami ever aired all of SAC or just Second Gig?
>>
>>89747022
Blame the fans. After that SDC test dub, everyone was screaming "WHERE ARE THE ACCENTS?!", so they went overboard with them in the PB and BT because people gave the impression that was somehow the most important thing in JoJo.
>>
How do I support the network? Is it literally just ratings?
>>
>>89756545
Buy their merch

Have a nielson box
>>
>>89756562
>buy merch

Does that really go to the people who make decisions?

>nielson

How exactly does that work, can I sign up or is it random?
>>
>>89756583
At least half of the money goes to them, I'm sure

For the Nielsen you either have to be invited or participate in a survey
>>
>>89756646
Do home video releases count? Does it only count if I buy it straight from their website?

Where can I complete surveys?
>>
>>89756545
Buy adult swim merch, that's it. I think the only Toonami merch has been stuff like shirts sold for a short time.
>>
>11:30 - Dragon Ball
>12:00 - Dragon Ball Z
>12:30 - Dragon Ball Z Kai
>1:00 - Dragon Ball GT
>1:30 - Dragon Ball Super
>2:00 - Naruto
>2:30 - Naruto Shippuden
>3:00 - One Piece
There, I just fixed the block
>>
>>89756709
Buy anything Toonami or adult swim is selling

Go to the Nielsen website, I think that's how it works
>>
Gotcha senpai will shill hard for good cartoons.
>>
>>89757436
>no Dragon Ball Z Abridged
Do you want the block dead?
>>
Full ratings yet?
>>
>>89757436
I am mildly curious about how well GT would in this day and age. At this point Super's making as much of a mockery with the setting and characters as GT did.
>>
File: WAS THE TEXT THAT IMPORTANT.jpg (42KB, 593x261px) Image search: [Google]
WAS THE TEXT THAT IMPORTANT.jpg
42KB, 593x261px
>>89754172
>they ultimately put him down
>>
Full numbers are up. GiTS terrible just like I said it would and people bitched that I didn't know what I was talking about

11:30 Dragon Ball Super 1282 0.6 782
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1130 0.5 672
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 790 0.4 482
1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 775 0.4 468

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 733 0.3 433
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 695 0.3 422
2:30a One Piece 597 0.3 375
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 501 0.2 319
>>
File: IMG_1939.jpg (151KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1939.jpg
151KB, 400x580px
>>89760788
>that pic

Rrmeber when they had ads telling you not to use the word faggot?
>>
File: 1339631931121.png (247KB, 707x680px) Image search: [Google]
1339631931121.png
247KB, 707x680px
>>89745239
>>
8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.56 907 0.32 407
8:30 Samurai Jack (r) 0.45 683 0.25 323
9:00 American Dad (r) 0.57 887 0.37 478
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.61 1018 0.42 542

10:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.68 1146 0.52 673
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.78 1247 0.57 736
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1436 0.7 893
>>
>>89761046

3:30a American Dad (r) 489 0.3 322
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 536 0.3 354
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 524 0.3 331

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 545 0.3 367
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 551 0.3 350
>>
>>89761015
How the hell do you read those numbers?
>>
>>89761119
Just read the first set of numbers before the dot
>>
>>89757436
I think this is how they should do the block once the new season of Jack comes on
10:00 Samurai Jack
10:30 Hunter x Hunter
11:00 Dragon Ball Super
11:30 Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z
12:00 Jojo
12:30 Naruto
1:00 Naruto Shippuden
1:30 One Piece
2:00-early morning Classic anime
I say this as someone who doesn't like super.
>>
>>89761151
So 0 people watched super?
>>
File: 1482618391758.jpg (107KB, 1231x707px) Image search: [Google]
1482618391758.jpg
107KB, 1231x707px
>>89761152
>Toonami getting the 10pm slot
As much as that would help, CN needs that slot for Family Guy reruns.
>>
>>89761015
Do Shippuden's filler arcs do worse in the ratings? I'm curious.
>>
>>89761152
>10 start
Top laff
>HxH in the fucking front
TOP FUCKING LAFF
>regular Naruto AND Shitpudding
And this was when I realized I was baited
>>
>>89761335
Naruto usually has consistently mediocre ratings. Last week was an oddity because apparently Killer B nets viewers
>>
>>89761119
From left to right
>number of viewers in hundred thousandths
>ratio of total viewers to viewers aged from 18 to 49
>number of viewers aged from 18 to 49
>>
>>89761184
1.2 mil people watched Super
600k of those people were in the 18-34 demographic
>>
>>89761382
But that was one episode, it would have to have been a multi-episode encounter for word of mouth to be stronger.
>>
>>89761653
Yea I cant explain it. Naruto is back to its normal numbers this week
>>
Why is this block so shitty? I haven't looked at it in years but wanted to know what else would be on when Jack started. I can see I'll just be leaving after Jack, thankfully it's out front
>>
>>89745239
HE'S STILL DOING IT, LADS!
>>
>>89762987
You missed the golden years. I'm right there with you, TV goes off when Jack ends
>>
>>89744278
Because the JoJo dub is fucking atrocious
>>
>>89754172
Ah shit, I remember this. Good times
>>
Bump Unicorn into Jojo's slot, it's not fair that it has to suffer the blunt of Jojo's viewer drop.
>>
>>89765865
>implying it wouldn't have a similar drop
>>
File: tetsuo shirley.png (41KB, 563x163px) Image search: [Google]
tetsuo shirley.png
41KB, 563x163px
>>89765808
they truly were more innocent times
>>
File: RJ esper Shirley.jpg (207KB, 480x543px) Image search: [Google]
RJ esper Shirley.jpg
207KB, 480x543px
>>89766059
>>89765808
>>
>>89766004
nah
>>
>>89745239
the absolute madman
>>
>>89766059
This truly was the NATIONAL DEBT of its day.
>>
>>89756709
how bout you just fuck off and buy a t shirt
>>
>>89766059
I'm kinda sad we don't have a new "clockwork"
>>
im gonna stroke it, to your waifu.
>>
>>89768377
No you won't, because my waifu will never be on Toonami.
>>
>>89768377
But you're my waifu
>>
File: 12afc7c67f166e6b2488c825ce801efb.png (443KB, 960x1115px) Image search: [Google]
12afc7c67f166e6b2488c825ce801efb.png
443KB, 960x1115px
Ryuko forever best toonami girl.
>>
>>89753096

I'd say a slight dip, and then sharp rise, but to each their own.

>>89750594

But Gon doesn't even approach the top-tier of Nen users. There are plenty of other characters which you've seen/will soon see that outclass Gon.

That being said, I would've rather have had HxH replace either Naruto or OP instead of having all three.
>>
>>89746239
YES YES FUCKING YES

I've said the dub is trash and everyone is all like "Ain't aint all that bad :^)"

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

I love Jojo, but when I heard the english voice for Joeseph I thought they were fucking kidding.
>>
>>89768791
>he thinks casual viewers care about "quality" of the dub

To them is 10/10 because it's not in moonspeak. That isn't an excuse for its poor showing
>>
>>89761348
I'm not baiting, if I had it my way there would be a lot less long running shonen on Toonami, I was just trying to be a bit realistic. If we had tit my way they'd be airing stuff like Steins;Gate, Kekkai Sensen, Little Witch, and shows I haven't watched yet. Also we're getting to York New City arc so putting it in front, at least temporarily, makes sense to me.
>>89748576
I think we're having a livestream on /co/ maybe and I know for sure adult swim online is doing it. Just hop in, its like >>89748920 says.
>>89751592
thats sad mane
>>89746998
>>89747022
I agree, with JoJo you either go subs or bust.
>>89750594
>No it's exactly the same shit. It's the magic power that MC didn't have to work for that makes him better than everyone else.
Anon doesn't know that HXH is like 30% training arcs and that Gon still isn't even a top tier user. Gon has talent but he lacks experience.
>>
>>89768791
If it's any consolation, the clip we got late last year of the Viz dub for Part 3 seems to be an indication that they're dropping accents going forward (Polnareff doesn't sound French).
>>
>>89768986
I will give you that. But for Part 3 to really pickup steam and give the block a boost in ratings. They would need to have a 12 week hiatus and come out guns blazing with a bunch of Part 3 promos.

To be honest with you, I was a Jojopony that said they show should be on the block. I never shilled it to DeMarco, but I never knew that the English dub was that fucking bad.
>>
>>89745239
killl yourself
>>
File: 1483676815505.png (82KB, 241x214px) Image search: [Google]
1483676815505.png
82KB, 241x214px
>>89768589
>that bottom
>>
>>89769458
looks firm to me
>>
>>89768964
There is no way you weren't baiting having regular Naruto running with Shitpudding. Your schedule is literally pure long runners and a rerun. This would be worse than what we have now.

And why should HxH starting Yorknew matter? Is that when it gets good like HxH babbies have been saying after every arc for nearly a year?
>>
File: 1486282462065.jpg (263KB, 729x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1486282462065.jpg
263KB, 729x1032px
so how long til we get best gundam gal?
>>
>>89747400
Hard to believe MBS/TBS killed the Nichigo timeslot and it was probably IBO's fault.
>>
File: 1483329141273.png (642KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1483329141273.png
642KB, 1280x738px
Toonami won't die before we see him right?
>>
>>89770765
Toonami will likely never die, rather just become a 1 hour Z/Super block when things really start going south.
>>
>>89770382
Nichigo hasn't been doing well these last couple of years. IBO flopping in the ratings despite all the promotion it's getting may have been the last straw.
>>
>>89755770
Well they must've aired SAC because it was in the drinking game in 2011/2012
>>
>>89770854
If things start going south Dragonball will be the first to go, Funi knows it's a big draw and could charge as much as they want for Toonami to run it.
Worst case scenario we go back to ASA/2012 Toonami where we go back to cheaper shows.
>>
>>89771910
Why would they cut the one show that actually brings acceptable ratings? Toonami already bought it, it's done and over. They don't buy by the episode. And knowing what Funi pulled with Hellsing, I'm sure Demarco made sure the contract did have holes that allow Funi to pull a fast one
>>
>>89772331
I forgot. What did Funimation do with Hellsing again?
>>
>>89772331
Toonami's ratings were seemingly better off before Kai, because we had multiple million-viewing nights on the regular.
>>
>>89770112
Yes, and I guarantee that if you or anyone else here still hates HxH after Yorknew is done, I will stop trying to defend it. Maybe someone else will keep going, but I'll stop trying.

>>89772737
So basically:
>Toonami gets Hellsing Ultimate
>the contract they signed with Funimation said they would get airing rights to "all the episodes"
>however, there was something in the wording which meant they would actually get "all the episodes available on home video at the time of this contract" (Funimation were just finishing the dub for the final two episodes)
>Funimation did not tell Toonami about this loophole, so Toonami proceeds with airing Hellsing Ultimate
>Funimation releases the final two episodes partway through the run
>Toonami gets close to that point when they abruptly don't receive the final two episodes when they should have. Well aware the episodes are available on BD/DVD, they call up Funimation.
>"Oh, you didn't realize? You don't get those episodes. We'll have to negotiate a new contract and you'll have to pay us separately for the final two episodes."
>The finale gets delayed until December, with Funi jewing over Toonami out of everything that was left in the 2014 budget.
>>
>>89772785
Yea but that was with Bleach dub premiere lead in
>>
>>89773200
And then as a bonus, those episodes got hilariously bad ratings anyway so Demarco pretty much just pissed that money away.
>>
>>89772737
They hadn't finished the dub and wrote up the contract so that Toonami only got the dubbed episodes, and told Demarco they were SoL on 9/10 on like episode 7

Then Demarco stuck it to them in 2015 by not airing anything new from them except what they already negotiated
>>
File: 1484801473877.jpg (260KB, 900x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1484801473877.jpg
260KB, 900x1160px
>>89772737
I miss her toonami gen
>>
>>89773200
>>89773921
Man Funimation's execs seem like total fucking idiots.
>>
>>89762987
They ran out of good shows and Demarco got scared of trying new things, so he just relies on long runners and nostalgia to keep the block afloat even though it's just going to steadily bleed viewers now. Sure you can jolt the numbers up with something like Jack every couple years, but the block has stagnated and isn't going to generate any buzz as long as it remains locked up.
>>
>>89775975
> the block isn't going to generate any buzz
> sure you can jolt the numbers with something like jack

isn't this an enormous contradiction?
>>
>>89776108
No not really. It's just returning viewers coming back cause something new is on. It's not going to generate buzz (i.e. attracting new viewers).
>>
>>89750594
It really isn't. We have not really see anything yet as far as Nen goes. The only real Nen user that has shown up so far is Hisoka and his powers are extremely simple and bare bones. They're versatile and well suited to his fighting style, but in terms of how developed his Nen is, it's babby tier. The first real crazy Nen powers we see are in the next arc.

Also Gon is still a rank amateur when it comes to Nen, same with Killua. They have tons of natural talent but absolutely no finesse. And you can't shortcut your way to developing Nen powers, you need to put in the work and neither of them has even started yet.
>>
File: bush confuse.jpg (18KB, 410x329px) Image search: [Google]
bush confuse.jpg
18KB, 410x329px
>>89776144
You don't think the final season of Samurai Jack is going to draw new viewers? I'm having a hard time following your reasoning.
>>
Any predictions for Jack's performance? Here's hoping it pulls at least standard DBZ Kai numbers through its run.
>>
>>89776346
>>89776295
it'll be pretty good at least, seen people I know who don't watch toonami who are excited for it.
>>
>>89775885
Look up company reviews for Funimation. That should explain a lot
>>
File: 1454427744019.jpg (97KB, 700x932px) Image search: [Google]
1454427744019.jpg
97KB, 700x932px
>>89775885
Probably.
>>
>>89776108
Jack will generate buzz for Jack, not Toonami. Putting new Jack on doesn't encourage anyone to sit through the 4 hours of crap after it.

>>89776295
It may pull some, but only for Jack, not the rest of the block where the issue is at
>>
>>89776729
>Yummy
>>
>>89776735
That's simply not true. If Jack does well, some people will stick around for the remaining shows. The opening 2-3 shows getting high ratings increases the performance of the entire block.
>>
When's FLCL Seasons 2 & 3?!
>>
>>89776942
2018 at best
>>
>>89776909
Keep telling yourself that. Don't forget Jack transitions right to a Super rerun, so that puts the brakes on good retention right out of the gate
>>
>>89776942
Not out yet but soon...
>>
File: image.png (279KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
279KB, 500x473px
>>89776729
That last bit never ceases to obliterate my sides
>>
>>89770765
I've heard he's kind of lame honestly
>>
>>89744204
No one wants to rewatch Battle of Gods and Ressurection F, they should just skip it.
>>
>>89777919
I've never actually seen it
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2015-10-05-21h05m21s83.png (509KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2015-10-05-21h05m21s83.png
509KB, 852x480px
What went wrong?
>>
>>89778077
Nothing at all
>>
File: c829635292c3d9aafb37a9ad2ce08313.png (376KB, 734x1200px) Image search: [Google]
c829635292c3d9aafb37a9ad2ce08313.png
376KB, 734x1200px
>>89778172
>>
>>89778077
>>89778172
>>89778211

>>>/wsg/1530123

It has been really promising so far.
>>
>>89773200
Is there a source on this? It sounds like pure rumor.
>>
>>89778512
Demarco literally typed it out onto the Toonami Reddit page when he did a Q&A there. He even when as far to vaguely imply people should pirate those episodes, and Demarco is highly anti piracy.
>>
File: hahahaohwow.jpg (92KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaohwow.jpg
92KB, 500x375px
>>89778570
>>
File: latest[1].png (199KB, 640x326px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
199KB, 640x326px
>>89770765
Even if Toonami dies, it's not like Adult Swim will drop Super, or even Kai for that matter.

>tfw Toonami will live long enough for /tg/ to experience Zamasu's Wild Ride
>>
>>89779154
>implying TG as we know it would still exist when the block is DB only

It would just be /a/ rejects here at that point leaking from their constant DBS threads over there
>>
File: Bwuh.png (63KB, 226x259px) Image search: [Google]
Bwuh.png
63KB, 226x259px
>>89779154
>Wanting that shit arc
>>
>>89770765
Toonami isn't in much dangers of cancellation right now. They've gotten several new big products and keep giving the slot more time, not less.
>>
>>89775885
Seem pretty brilliant to me, managed to con Demarco for top dollars.
>>
>>89779459
No, the Kai/Super hour isn't in danger of being cancelled. Everything else is debatable. Jack is only going to be a temporary expansion

>>89779472
Maybe, but Demarco shut them out for an entire year for doing it, so it probably evened out
>>
>>89779796
Oh come on. Even ASA kept other shows on the block back when Bleach was it's biggest draw.
>>
>>89768638
>I'd say a slight dip, and then sharp rise, but to each their own.
The entire Chimera Ant arc is dogshit. Forced drama from killing humans and them retaining their memories, same stupid shonen power level bullshit, same stupid "little girl is the light in the darkness" bullshit, and right after an arc where Gon and Killua get to train and grow, they get thrown up against an impassable brick wall. Fucking hell, Gon isn't even the main character anymore once the King is born.
>>
File: 5a42305964204.jpg (27KB, 328x395px) Image search: [Google]
5a42305964204.jpg
27KB, 328x395px
>>89745239
>>
File: DON'TLOSEYOURWEIGHT.png (915KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DON'TLOSEYOURWEIGHT.png
915KB, 1024x768px
>>89745239
How did I miss this? Have this one.
>>
>>89783215
God bless you, anon.
>>
>>89779796
> Jack is only going to be a temporary expansion

How do you know that? That's not even a question of whether [as] has enough future shows to sustain that slot, I just want to know where you've read that the slot is temporary.
>>
>>89784137
Because I have a fucking brain in my head, they don't have shows for that slot, certainly nothing that could compete with Family Guy which Jack will be pushing off the schedule for 10 weeks
>>
>>89784929
Not that other anon, but once Jack ends I've got a feeling DeMarco will try to keep the 11pm slot and throw some new show in, even if it's just moving everything forward and adding another rerun slot at the end. Toonami is his baby after all, even if he's a shitty parent.
>>
>>89785890
>he thinks Demarco has any control over that whatsoever
>>
>>89785993
Isn't he one of the VPs of [as]? He's at least got enough of a say to keep some shitty anime block from being replaced by more McFarlane reruns, he can probably at least say "look at how good the ratings are, maybe by keeping action shows in that space we can retain those viewership numbers", assuming Jack manages to beat FG or come close.
>>
File: image.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>89786084
>VP of AS
>look how good the ratings are

Holy fuck my sides. Demarco is just an upper level employee. Toonami could be turned into a moeblob block at the snap of an executives fingers and Demarco couldn't do a thing but watch the ratings plummet.

Remember when the block got cut? Demarco was completely powerless as people who actually matter at AS made decisions that temporarily saved the block. Demarco didn't do shit besides bitch that it happened because we didn't watch
>>
>>89786255
So despite helming and curating the block for the past 10, 15 years, DeMarco has no say on anything?
>>
>>89786325
No, he has plenty of say, most decisions on the block are made by him. That doesn't mean there aren't a list of other people higher than him that can make changes without his consent. And those people are not going to let a ratings powerhouse like Family Guy take more than ten weeks off, especially for an anime block that has been hemorrhaging viewers for the past month. If Super couldn't spike the ratings, there is nothing that can.

Jack will do great, I have no doubt about that. But it's not going to change how rest of the block does. Demarco isn't going to convince anyone higher up that Toonami needs more time when everything aside from DBZ is doing mediocre
>>
File: 1443932844961.jpg (843KB, 1000x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1443932844961.jpg
843KB, 1000x1425px
>>
File: 1485005784498.jpg (328KB, 1600x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1485005784498.jpg
328KB, 1600x1140px
>>89783215
>>
>>89786470
How is the rest of the block going to "do better" on its own if you discount the early shows' ratings as independent?

> 10/1 DBZKAI: 1255, OPM: 1201, IBO: 831, HxH: 816, NS: 783, OP: 677, P:M(r): 584, 536,518
10/8 DBZKAI: 1412, OPM: 1275, IBO: 1016, HxH: 1001, NS: 934, OP: 785, OPM (r): 641
10/15 DBZKAI: 1232, JOJO1: 1077, IBO: 898, HxH: 846, NS: 778, OP: 702, OPM (r): 655
10/22 DBZKAI: 1423, JOJO1: 1094, IBO: 946, HxH: 887, NS: 863, OP: 761, OPM(r): 740

Here's the ratings from October. I left out the IBO marathon because I haven't factored marathons into my argument. You can say I cherrypicked the data or whatever, but you can clearly see that the block's ratings as a whole were noticeably better on the 8th and 22nd, because Kai broke 1.4 million. I can show you other examples of this from earlier in the year as well. The point is, if Jack does good, the rest of the block's ratings will float as well.
>>
>>89765865
Unicorn deserves more love.
>>
File: photo.jpg (71KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
71KB, 900x900px
>>89770215
But we already have her.
>>
>>89790740
And that's where you are wrong. There is no guarantee Jack viewers have any interest in anime, as well having a rerun right after it. Would it be possible? Sure, but it's not likely
>>
Gather up all the crew

It's time to ship out Bink's brew
>>
>>89779154
Why is saiyan piccolo turning purple?
>>
>>89788317
best sisters?
>>
>>89790867
She is lovely, isn't she?
>>
>>89744204

>Over 3 million views on the trailer

Gott damn. I wonder what kind of numbers its gonna pull.
>>
>>89793476
Not a fan of Satsuki.
>>
oh look, the thread still up
>>
>>89782294

By then, the show is about 85% over with, so it makes no difference. That said, the CA Arc is really polarizing; kinda like Trigun. You either liked it or hated it.
>>
File: 1486268708933.gif (180KB, 432x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486268708933.gif
180KB, 432x360px
>>89793545
come on man, both are qties
>>
>>89790740

Going by the recent numbers, it seems that the people that have left have been replaced by DBZ folks who tune in for Super and Kai: Final Chapters and then tune out. That is a bigger problem to deal with.
>>
File: 1486428268696.png (436KB, 1000x902px) Image search: [Google]
1486428268696.png
436KB, 1000x902px
>>89793684
>>
>>89793692
How do we fix that?
>>
cant wait for toonami to divulge back into cowboy bebop, champloo, and dbz when the ratings drop
>>
>>89794940
A-At least Space Dandy might finally air again, right?
>>
>>89751364

Huh?
>>
File: IMG_0478.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0478.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Toonami fucked themselves over so bad second they didn't work with funi to have a day one dub of super.

It could have been biggest show adult swim history, if it had been on tv within a month of japan super premaire.

Instead they let years pass, and ensured 90% of its potential audience was watching subtitled versions. For fuck sake crunchyroll had free LEGAL SAME DAY subs out before toonami got going.

It's getting shit ratings, because everyone is years ahead, and used to jap voices already
>>
>>89795058
Anon, I doubt any of that is directly Funimation or Toonami's fault. Toei didn't start taking offers for the international licenses to Super until at least a year after it started in Japan.

In fact, the announcement of Super completely blindsided Funimation. Nobody at the company was aware Toei had any plans to do a whole new series.
>>
>>89795058
> no day one dub of super

That was all Toei, dude. They were super tight about licensing, so chatter about the show was silent for the first few months because crunchyroll, funi, etc. couldn't stream it.
>>
New Jack looks like shit.

8/co/ exodus now
>>
>>89794367

Not sure if there is. In the past, people who liked DBZ eventually branched out to other anime, but not anymore.
>>
>>89795058
Funi didn't even have the rights to Super until this past November. They announced that it'd be on Toonami a month after they announced that they obtained the rights to it, which is pretty normal.
>>
>>89794940
Do you not see the GitS ratings? That's the last thing they would do
>>
>>89795058
>implying Toonami could have afforded a simuldub in the first place

Top laff
>>
>>89795273
>>89794367
Everything besides Super and Kai needs to be pulled. Then Demarco needs to fill those new slots with short shows, but not all the most recent FotM. Throw in some lesser titles too and see if they stick. At minimum they encourage weekly viewership like DW did, even though it wasn't good
>>
>>89795327
GitS has played on Adult Swim how many times now?
>>
>>89795611
Cowboy bebop has played on AS how many times now?
Samurai Champloo has played on AS how many times now?
>>
>>89795739
Champloo has only played twice, maybe three times. It was in rights limbo for a long time, I remember [as] doing a bump during ASA and someone asked if they could air it again, their answer was "pretty much never". This was maybe 2010-2011.
>>
>>89795873
>Champloo has only played twice, maybe three times.
Champloo played almost continuously from 2005 to 2008, and even had a weekday run at one point.
>>
>>89795873
>Champloo has only played twice

Underage spotted
>>
>>89795058
i grew up with dubbed dragon ball, and sticking to it.
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.