[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TMNT x USAGI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: tmnt_usagi.jpg (45KB, 540x711px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt_usagi.jpg
45KB, 540x711px
Are you ready /co/?
>>
>>89732053
Will they butcher Usagi's supporting cast as much as the 2003 series though?
>>
>>89732079
The 2003 series was my introduction to Yojimbo: what did they fuck up?
>>
>>89732079
>Will they butcher Usagi's supporting cast as much as the 2003 series though?

Stan Sakai worked on and approved those episodes in conjunction with Peter Laird.

They were ok for the creator, but not for you? I guess you understand the characters better than Sakai does.
>>
>>89732053
Isn't Usagi a creator owned character? How the hell does he end up in all the different TMNT cartoons?
>>
>>89732642
The creator likes TMNT
>>
>Miyamoto Usagi
>in the TMNT '12 cartoon
I don't know how this happened, but I'm glad it did
>>89732642
>>89732727
Well, it's more that Stan Sakai is friends with Peter Laird... which just makes this more confusing, as I'm pretty sure Sakai said he didn't want anything to do with the show, as Laird wasn't involved in any way.
>>
>>89732053
Waitaminit....
Is this aboutsomethingNEWhappening.....
Or just what was shown years ago?
Cause it you,re teasing something NEW....
Here!s mt money......
>>
>>89733740
Season 5 I guess. Picture is probably from the London Toy Expo.
>>
>>89733740

Even if it IS something new...

We still aren't finished with season 4 yet. Season 4 has been going for a year and a half and they aren't done airing all the episodes.

You likely won't see any of the Usagi stuff until 2019.
>>
>>89732940

Stan confirmed it himself so he can't be too much against it.

http://www.teenagemutantninjaturtles.com/2016/09/14/sakai-confirms-usagi-yojimbo-nick-tmnt/
>>
>>89733845
>We still aren't finished with season 4 yet.

>Season 4 began October 25, 2015
>It is February, 2017
>They still have 3 episodes left to broadcast

Fuuuuuuuuuuck how can a season stretch this loooooooooong. It just won't END.
>>
>>89732354
Uh, let's see here... Gen was into gambling instead of drinking... That's more or less it.
>>
>>89733876
Aw, neat! I hope this leads to a boost in Usagi Yojimbo sales, because that comic is the best ongoing out right now and has been since it first started.
>>
>>89732489
>Stan Sakai

is he doing OK nowadays?
I know that for a while before his wife died of brain cancer he was pretty much not producing anything professionally...
>>
>>89737706
He is married with a new wife and seems happy again.
>>
Nice. Maybe this mini will finally motivate me to start with Usagi Yojimbo.
>>
>>89737706
shit was pretty brutal. She died in late 2014.

> June 8, 2013
> Yesterday was grueling. By the time I got home after midnight I was too tired to have dinner, so went right to bed. Sharon is back in the hospital, in the room next to the room she was in a couple days ago, which is next to the room she had a few days before that one. She has the same beautiful view of the jacaranda trees.

> Many of you know the story behind all this, but most of you do not. We been pretty open about all this when talking to people, but I leave personal information off FaceBook. This ordeal with Sharon has been the exception, one for which I am glad I shared because the support we've received has been overwhelming.

> Sharon has a brain tumor, a meningioma. It is benign, but inoperable. It was discovered in 2004 when she went deaf in her left ear (everything happens on her left side). We got a second and a third opinion, and they all concurred that it could not be removed. She underwent a series of daily radiation treatments which seemed to stop its growth, and that was confirmed with MRIs every 6 months then yearly.

> To everyone's surprise, especially the doctors, It returned in 2011, and quite aggressively. The left side of her face is paralyzed, including her eye, vocal chords, and throat. It also deteriorated her neck bone, so she is unable to turn her head left to right and up and down. She has double-vision, difficulty talking and swallowing, and has loss a tremendous amount of weight. She had been undergoing chemo therapy. We did look into other options from New York to Mexico, but stuck with the chemo. However, Sharon's situation is very rare and there is no standard operation procedure in its treatment.
>>
>>89737784
> She has many other problems associated with the tumor, treatment, or just coincidence--diabetes, high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, weight loss, slight anemia, to mention just a few. Eating has been especially hard for her because of difficulty in swallowing and her no-carb diet. She lost about 45 pounds in the last year, and she was pretty petite to start with.

> About 7 weeks ago, she looked especially bad and I encouraged her to go to the doctor. She had two appointments in a couple days, and said she could hold out till then. She fainted that night, and I took her to emergency. She had fluid in her chest outside her lung that had gotten infected. They drained the fluid and gave her antibiotics, but one problem always led to another. The antibiotics killed off the good bacteria, and that led to an intestinal infection. For every step forward, we seem to take one step back.

> The doctors were surprised in 2004 that there was no facial paralysis or other complications then. The way we see it, we actually were blessed with 7 additional years of good health.

> We have pretty good health coverage. That had always been a priority to us, and it was difficult sometimes as a freelancer. However, it won't last forever so please continue to keep us in your prayers and thoughts. Thank you.

>>89737731
well that's good at least.
>>
File: 3f3.gif (2MB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
3f3.gif
2MB, 680x383px
>Usagi Yojimbo animated series never
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmkAcGz1BJk
>>
>>89737772
Just start, man

Fuck, read Grasscutter and then if you don't like it you'll know
>>
File: kek.png (272KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
272KB, 640x360px
>>89737861
> villain is big nosed mastermind ordering around a fat, short haired woman and a pair of africans

holy shit I may have to try to watch an episode of this.
>>
>>89735798

Agreed, agreed a thousand times.

>>89737772

The Saga editions are cheap as fuck right now, you can pick any up and just read a bit.
>>
>>89738220
Oh hey, I remember that cow lady.

Got some art but never got popular enough to be FotM.
>>
>>89737772
Do it. Go get one of the big saga edition books or just grab a random issue and start. It's such a good series.
>>
>Tfw you have to pretend to like tmnt for good Usagi merch

I finished Saga 3(? The one with Grasscutter 2 in it) it is mindbreaking how good and consistent it is
>>
>>89738220
For fuck's sakes /pol/
>>
>>89733958
>Fuuuuuuuuuuck how can a season stretch this loooooooooong. It just won't END.
because Nickelodeon has a retarded policy about not letting any show air more than approximately 20 new episodes in a year(it's why Power Rangers does split seasons these days)
>>
>>89739662

22 new episodes a year is pretty standard. they just aren't randomly scattered
>>
>>89732079
Except that 87 Usagi is the worst one.
>>
>>89732079

they barely showed up. I think ninja cat girl had like one line
>>
>>89737861

We apparently came fairly close at one point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOvcIYd7IU
>>
>>89737772
I picked up the Fantagraphics set last year on a blind whim using accumulated bookstore gift cards and ended up buying the entire Saga book series within a month
>>
>>89743821
>not regular ultra-comfy Kurosawa-esque Usagi

eh
>>
when does the hurting stop
>>
>>89745176

That's one of the sadder pages in the series. The worst is probably that woman and her kid waiting on the hill for her husband.
>>
>>89745334

Bridge of Tears
>>
>>89745176
>that last page of Travels With Jotaro
>"My ears must be playing tricks on me..."
>>
File: uy99altend.jpg (476KB, 650x967px) Image search: [Google]
uy99altend.jpg
476KB, 650x967px
>>89745398
>>
Reminder that Grasscutter is the most hype arc of the entire series. It has literally everything from the previous arcs interacting in one fantastic story

>>89745176
>Usagi x Tomoe
NEVER EVER

No seriously, never ever even though they'd be perfect together. Kitsune is too independent, Chizu is isolated and driven by her quest for revenge, the mother of his son is married to another guy, that one girl got killed, I think Inazuma is possessed by Jei. Women are romantically separated from Usagi almost as often as he kills a horse

>>89745334
I think Noodles was sadder. He seriously dindu nuffin
>>
>>89745606
>literally everything from the previous arcs
objection, Best Pig makes no coming-out-of-retirement I'm-getting-too-old-for-this-shit appearance in Grasscutter.
>>
>>89745678
Counterpoint: Best Pig had already completed his story in its entirety and had settled down with his kind wife.

I exaggerate when I say literally everything
>>
>>89745606
>I think Inazuma is possessed by Jei.

she's dead. Jei is running around in some new body.
>>
>>89745835
Too bad. I don't remember her death being very memorable, but I do remember her introduction as Aunty
>>
>>89745874
she got fatally wounded by a gang of nobody bandits which was pretty lame, her actual death was the centerpiece of a pretty good Usagi/Gen/Stray Dog/Sanshobo arc though.
>>
>>89746116

Jei's been too quiet lately
>>
>>89747690

Try telling that to Taro and his family.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.