[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The ultimate assassin killing machine that gave the world's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 30

File: jobbed.png (1MB, 797x719px) Image search: [Google]
jobbed.png
1MB, 797x719px
>The ultimate assassin killing machine that gave the world's greatest soldier the run for his money
>Cant stop a 15 year old

Is this the ultimate jobbing?
>>
He's Spider-man.
>>
Is Spider-Man stronger than Capt.?
>>
>>89715174
Rather a lot.
>>
>>89715107
That 15 year old could bench a fucking building.
>>
>>89715107
>not knowing spidey is a beast

He soloed the x-men
>>
>>89715107
Hulk > Thor > Spider Man > Iron Man\Cap\Bucky > Widow\Hawkeye > Regular dude
>>
>>89715107
they did stop him. they wore him out until he couldn't react to his spider-sense in time then clocked him across the head
>>
>>89715174

He's stronger than anyone who isn't Vision, Hulk, or Thor.

Yeah, a fair bit stronger.
>>
>>89715107
Kinda think he doesn't have the strength of a regular 15-year old
>>
>>89715174
holy fuck yes. Cap is as good as a top tier Olympic weightlifter most often, mcu caps best feat is holding down a helicopter for a few seconds. meanwhile spider-man tosses cars around like toys and can support entire buildings.
>>
>>89715174
>>89715107

Spider-Man (Peter Parker) - 25 tons

Captain America (Steve Rogers) - 1,200 lbs

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_Scale
>>
>>89715247
No they didn't. He webbed them up on the floor and left.
>>
>>89715107
He's fighting a child with superpowers. He wouldn't be going all out as he wouldn't want to kill a kid at that point, and Spidey is genuinely stronger than anyone Bucky had fought before.
>>
>>89715174
By orders of magnitude.
>>
You'd think that if they were going to make Spider-Man top dog in the MCU that they might as well make him a black guy.
>>
>>89715174
Yes, but in "CA: Civil War", right after the scene in the thumbnail, Cap fought against Peter and WON when they disputed force.

The "why" was never explained.
>>
>>89715310
Cap outsmarted him. Pete is too inexperienced.
>>
File: doomsday.jpg (379KB, 1199x630px) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
379KB, 1199x630px
>>89715107
>Ultimate killing machine evolved from thousands of genetically engineered specimens from the smartest scientists in the universe over centuries.
>Can't stop some mild mannered geeky newspaper reporter from Kansas
>>
>>89715231
Pretty sure every incarnation of Iron Man is stronger than Spiderman
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>89715303
>Daily reminder T'Challa solo'd Bucky in his Winter Soldier form with nothing but pure skill
>Daily reminder T'Challa is the strongest human in the MCU
>>
>>89715331
Really rattles the brainiac
>>
>>89715356
T'Challa is also not just an ordinary human with training.

He is basically a supersoldier from herbal drugs.
>>
>>89715310
>they disputed force

Not really.
>>
>>89715400
he's also the panther gods chosen warrior or some shit yeah? that's got to have perks.
>>
>>89715310
Thing is, in most incarnations Cap is Marvel's Batman in that he is the very low powered guy that always manages to win against people that should outpower him to ridiculous levels.

He had done just stupid things like take out Juggernaut with just a shield bash.
>>
>>89715400
...Oh shit, if they explain that in the movie everyone's gonna be like 'bath salts lmao' aren't they?
>>
>>89715107
>tried to fight a physically stronger foe using strength
what did you think was going to happen? he didn't try to outsmart or outfight him, only overpower him with his arm, and that trick gets old fast
>>
>>89715416
How not?

It was basically a "tug of war". Peter on one side, Cap on the other, and Cap won.
>>
>>89715349
Doesnt cap have a decent time resisting his strength in Civil War? Like not counting blasters.
>>
>>89715557
No.
>>
>>89715174
holy shit yes in terms of physical strength there is only a handful stronger then spider man.
>>
File: avengers_v3_063_12a.jpg (296KB, 1000x1530px) Image search: [Google]
avengers_v3_063_12a.jpg
296KB, 1000x1530px
>b-but why could he kinda beat a young Spider-Man???
>>
>>89716277
not to mention in the first instance, he was brainwashed to basically KILL Captain America

in Civil War, he didn't know who Spider-Man was and definitely didn't want to fucking obliterate some random guy especially after the media is painting him as a killer
>>
>>89715174
Yep. Spidey is stronger than the dude n terms of physical strength
>>
File: Bait.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>89715349
>>
>>89715284
616 is peak human, Mcu Steve is superhuman, stronger than ultimate cap that used to be the strongest cap.

As for Peter sure, 25 sounds like his adult peak, but this is teen Peter
>>
>>89715288
Steve tried to kill him, and is pretty comfortable with killing, even more than Bru version
>>
>>89715356
He is also the only heroic guy in the movie and the only one that is right and rational
>>
>>89717524
>Steve tried to kill him
When will this meme die? Steve only destabilized the trailer down Spidey's head after he stood up like nothing from a powerful impact of his vibranium shield to the head meaning Steve decreed Peter had super human durability.
>>
>>89715107
Isn't Spiderman as fast as Quicksilver? He was in the Silver Age.
>>
>>89715492
Fuck off, peak humans are more overpowered than flying bricks, Fuck Tarzan, Fuck batman, Fuck captain America. Is not that the characters are bad or anything it's just that trying to measure their habilities always ends in autism, they make less sense than alien overlords or magic.
>>
>>89715107
Nigga, Spidey could turn Captain America into Captain South America with a single punch.
>>
>>89717681
I know you masturbate to Evans, but that's not own it works, also your argument falls apart if you think that if the shield hit him so hard that thought he could survive the trailer it means that the hit with the shield was already mortal. The first time we see captain fascism in the movie he kills someone breaking his spine.
>>
>>89715107
>Losing to one of Marvel's top superheroes
>Jobbing
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>89717734
No
>>
>>89715107

Everyone jobs to Spidey when Spidey is in a story.

Even Spidey jobs to Spidey if one of them isn't Peter Parker.
>>
>>89717524
Dude, Cap got a few hits from Spidey, and it hurt. cap can throw a motocycle and survive a fall from a skyscraper. I think, given those two things, he was able to deduce that Spidey there could handle the trailer.

I think a better thing to bitch about is: How does spidey know how to fight? Strength is one thing, but he was pretty impressive when it came to actual fighting.

Yknow, the same goes for cap, when did the dude learn fucking martial arts? He was just a GI who got super strength. Who the hell trained him?
>>
>>89715107
what if i told you that 15 year old was Spiderman?
>>
>>89715310
>Cap fought against Peter and WON
actually he employed a distraction and escaped
>>
>>89717897
>your argument falls apart if you think that if the shield hit him so hard that thought he could survive the trailer it means that the hit with the shield was already mortal.
I never said it was mortal. I implied the impact was strong enough so a normal person wouldn't quickly stand up like nothing, which is what happened. Stop putting words in my mouth.

>The first time we see captain fascism in the movie he kills someone breaking his spine.
Factually incorrect.

And the fact I dedicate some of my genetic jizz to Chris has nothing to do with my posts, faggot.
>>
>>89715217
That is hardly fair. It wasn't the 90s yet.
>>
>>89718025
>How does spidey know how to fight? Strength is one thing, but he was pretty impressive when it came to actual fighting.
Do you realize he already had experience being spider-man before cw, right?
>>
>>89718025
He can learn fast, he isn't talented and sticks to pretty basic and extremely useful techniques. Anyway the whole Steve knew is bullshit, Steve tried to kill him.
>>
>>89718146
Someone not falling isn't the same as someone not dying when they are crushed by several tons
>>
>>89718158
Still Spidey is pretty OP though, for example his spider sense + super human reflexes and agility make him basically impossible to hit.
>>
>>89717486
25 isn't his peak. It's what he normally does without straining too hard before you do something stupid like get him mad.
>>
>>89715174
Spiderman can lift a the daily bugle
>>
>>89718325
MJ lifts my daily bugle, if you know what i mean
>>
>>89718289
Yeah, love Spidey. X-men jokes aside.
>>
>>89718272
>the movie doesn't agree with me so he was trying to kill him!
Again, this is your personal point of view, but for Cap it was proof enough Spider-Man was durable enough to withstand a trailer falling on him. He wasn't trying to kill anyone.
>>
>>89718312
It's his peak, go fuck yourself fanboy, sure some writers are stupid and don't know of the weight if the stuff he lift sometimes, but that doesn't really matter, 25 tons is what he got after back in black. The whole idea of Spiderman as a 40 tonner is stupid, you are like that one imbecile that repeats that Spiderman says jokes so his enemies don't get scared
>>
>>89715107
>I'll make a name for myself by taking out spider- man!
>humiliation
>beating
>verbal abuse
>jail
Pick 5
>>
>>89718438

That isn't in the movie, we see captain America doing something deadly after killing several people in the movie
>>
>>89718504
>after killing several people in the movie
Whatever, dude. I'm not humoring you anymore.
>>
>>89718325

He can't you autistic idiot, he can endure as a pillar and help redistribute the weight just as hulk did in secret war, that's all. It's a cool feat. But stop your power level stupidity you make spiderfags sound as dumb as the hulkfags
>>
>>89715107
>jobbed

GTFO faggot. Thats one of the few instances 100% true to the books.
>>
>>89718531
You will pretend the guy he fell on didn't died?
>>
>>89718714
He told you he faps watching Evans and you really want a not autistic answer?

This board is shit
>>
>>89718025
Soldiers get trained in combat. And I'm sure he trained with some people in modern day.

In the past he would have gotten advanced lessons from the howling commandos.

>>89717750
I kek'd
>>
>>89715572
I think that was more a matter of Spidey being very lightweight and not anticipating what Cap was going to do, so he didn't have his feet hooked into the ground. He's still a rookie, fighting against the guy whose second power is "master strategist", not unthinkable that he would be outsmarted on the fly like that.
>>
>>89718840
The things he do are not that advanced. They are effective and powerful. But it's nothing you can't learn in 6 months if you are in good shape.
>>
He has heightened reflexes and he's super fucking strong.

They show that off in the movie plenty of times. Cap drops a piece of airline equipment on him for pity's sake and he takes it like a champ.

You see him stop a speeding car himself when Tony plays that Youtube video.
>>
>>89718449
Actually the byline is that Stan Lee had him crack jokes because a silent spider-man might be considered too scary. I can't tell if you were personally too retarded to read what people were actually saying past your sperg-rage or if you genuinely did run into an idiot but given that autistic fit you're having I'm more inclined to go with my first instinct.
>>
>>89715231
How strong is Scott Lang in giant mode? And what about Black Panther? He seems to go toe-to-toe with Cap and Bucky.
>>
>>89718025
>I think a better thing to bitch about is: How does spidey know how to fight?
Proportionate Strength and agility of a Spider, along with spider sense has been carrying him since the Sixties.

As for Cap, he grew up on the streets of Brooklyn during the roaring twenties and the depression. So he learned to fight by fighting. Though actual martial arts, he probably learned from Black Widow.
>>
>>89719347
Black Panther put the Silver Surfer in a headlock.
>>
>>89715174
Spidey is basically the strongest street level hero to put it lightly.
>>
>>89715356
To be fair, Bucky was holding back because he didn't want to kill anyone. Winter Soldier mode would've given T'Challa problems just like it did for Cap.

>>89717657
THIS

He realized he fucked up big time by trying to kill Bucky and prevented Zemo from committing suicide. He also retracted his claws and refrained from killing Zemo out of vengeance because he recognized what turned a family man into a fragment of himself.
>>
>>89719375
I'm talking about in the movies not Hudlin's retarded headcanon.

>>89719389
Close. He's the 2nd. Only Luke Cage has far more physical strength though Spidey's other abilities give him the edge.
>>
>>89719347
pym particles can make you stupid strong, because you dont have to make any since
>>
>>89719477
Yeah I recognize that, but Giant Scott probably ranks 4th after Thor, Hulk, and Vision.
>>
>>89715107
I'm the ultimate Capfag, but let's be real here. 616 Cap is peak human, and MCU Cap is low grade superhuman. Spidey is vastly superior to even MCU Cap in purely physical terms, including strength, agility, and reaction time. The ease with which Pete handles Bucky and Sam is pretty much spot on
>>
>>89719426
Then wait for the movie, nigger. So far he'd be ranked close to Cap/Bucky and below Spider-Man, none of his scene showed his strength prowess just that he's a really skilled and agile fighter.
>>
>>89719401
He was in WS mode during that scene....
>>
>>89715107
I loved that scene so freakin much. Spiderman is stronger than any character in the Civil War lineup in terms of pure strength, except maybe Vision. It was just so awesome and rewarding to see him grab Bucky's arm like it was nothing, when up to that point everyone else had been fighting around that arm like it was a weapon.

That part just really made me happy for a bunch of reasons.
>>
>>89719550
You mean when Zemo says the passcode? That fight was more of a draw because it wasn't really a one-sided beatdown. T'Challa got in good hits as did Bucky.
>>
>>89719368
Kek, he didn't learn shit from his teen years
>>
>>89719521
>Yeah I recognize that, but Giant Scott probably ranks 4th after Thor, Hulk, and Vision.
What about Groot? He easily handled an entire Chitauri squadron, but I guess he hasn't shown enough feats to be ranked yet.
>>
>>89717486
Actually he started out around the 20 ton in the Stan Lee book that explained how the heroes worked. He specifically stated that only Thor, Hulk, and The Thing were stronger than him, but that he was still a very young man and would become even stronger as he grew.

Spiderman has some SERIOUS firepower when he gets mad or gives no damns.
>>
File: 1461438638098.gif (134KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461438638098.gif
134KB, 400x200px
>>89719522
why does hydra cap think he can kill spiderman
>>
>>89719615
Remember the Spider-Man Homecoming trailer? He's holding together a split ship through the sheer force of his own strength and webbing. MCU Spider-Man is definitely a heavy-hitter in physical prowess.

So I do wonder how dangerous if Michael Keaton's Vulture? We know that he has Chitauri tech so that'll help, but most likely, Peter's experience in Civil War gives him the tools to deal with Vulture effectively.
>>
>>89715174
Far stronger.
>>
>>89719750
Well that's what's dangerous about Spider-Man. On a really bad day, he could be a horror movie slasher with his power set. Silent yet deadly. And unless you're a symbiote or have that sense-neutralizing gas, you can't get the drop on Peter.
>>
>>89719725
I was only thinking about the Earth-based heroes. Groot is definitely strong. I'd say he's probably below Vision and above Ant-Man.
>>
>>89715107
>I don't read comic books
>>
>>89719750
Stan Lee doesn't read comics since the 70 and is an absolute hack. Spiderman started around 3-7
>>
>>89715284
1200 is a bigger number than 25 you fucking moron.
>>
>>89719787
That is the thing so many people forget about him. Its one of the reasons Wolverine respects him, because if Spiderman wasn't the walking joke with a mouth that never stops he would be downright scary. He has precognitive danger sense, superhuman strength that has to date let him lift up the entire Daily Bugle building as well as several other very heavy building sized objects, he has incredibly durable webbing that is stronger than steel and he can apply as many coats of the stuff as needed, and he has super agility that allows him to easily use walls and ceilings as a floor to fight on with no vertigo or sensory issues from suddenly standing on a wall of ceiling.

Spiderman is FUCKING SCARY.

>>89719758
Thing is Vulture is probably not 'strong' but he is able to fly and has lots of energy weapons and etc. That means he is able to outdistance Spiderman and has no moral qualms about killing people to draw Spiderman away from his trail.
>>
>>89718025
Spidey has spidey sense. Cap has training, and super human reflexes.
>>
>>89720015
>pounds
>tons
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>89715284
>25 tons
Isn't that post-Other? Normally he's 10-15 tons.
>>
>>89719758
Vulture and Shocker should be fine as long as their fights doesn't get too physical. They have powerful ranged attacks to keep Spidey at bay.
>>
File: WebofSpider-Man105-14-1.jpg (256KB, 519x800px) Image search: [Google]
WebofSpider-Man105-14-1.jpg
256KB, 519x800px
Spider-man losing to almost anyone is laughable.
>>
Why are people even still arguing about this? Bucky was the target of an impersonator who goes around murdering people

Why the fuck would he want to go full power against some guy in a suit he doesn't know? He obviously didn't know Spidey has super-strength considering how surprised he was. Would you drop a 300 lb barbell on some guy who you don't know can bring it back up?
>>
>>89719752
Hydracap is just delusional to fill in the holes of his past behavior.
>>
>>89720200
>webshield tanking a mjolnir hit
>>
>>89720016
>he has super agility that allows him to easily use walls and ceilings as a floor to fight on with no vertigo or sensory issues from suddenly standing on a wall of ceiling.
This right there is amazing. His equilibrium is unparallel. It makes you wonder how Spider-Man would do in space situations?
>>
File: spidey strength.jpg (123KB, 504x787px) Image search: [Google]
spidey strength.jpg
123KB, 504x787px
>>89715107
Niggas be sleepin' on Spider-Man. He's not someone you want to mess with.
>>
>that time peter beat the fuck out of Fisk
>that time otto easily beat the fuck out of wolverine
He's like, like a spider, man!
>>
>>89715174
guy with proportional strength of a spider
vs
guy on super steroids
Now if there was a hero with proportional strength of a beetle. he'd be stronger than spidey.
>>
>>89720275
That's what people say when they talk about writers being retarded
>>
>>89720353
What?
>>
>>89720164
He had 10 tons to start with when he was first bitten, he has had over a decade of growth(he is in his mid-20s to early 30s) and the extra muscle mass he has put on has increased his strength proportionally.

A nerd that could probably lift 75 ibs could lift 10 tons with spider strength. Now he has built up his body from years of crime fighting, grown several inches, and could probably lift over 250+ ibs without spider powers. So yeah its not crazy to imagine him with some HIGH strength.
>>
>>89717734
Spidey has insane burst movement but can't sustain speed to the degree of Quicksilver (albeit he's still several times faster than a peak human at a run)

Spidey is technically a low level speedster regardless and with his spider-sense which works as precognition, he could outmaneuver Quicksilver in close quarters.
>>
>>89717524
>superhero fight
>went toe to toe with the cap
>can hold the cap despite his incredible strength
>easily took care of falcon and winter soldier
Yeah, can't do any deductive reasoning there, huh champ?
>>
>>89720081
>cap
>super human anything
I hate the MCU doing this to Cap
>>
>>89720456

>he could outmaneuver Quicksilver in close quarters

I don't think so. Pietro was shown a lot of times having such fast reflexes and coordination that the world to him actually looks like slow motion. I don't think that even with precognition powers Spidey could outmaneuver him. And we should remember that Quicksilver literally defeated through sheer speed a mutant that his whole shtick is that he was a martial arts expert and had low level precognition so he could anticipate his foes movement.
>>
File: 3694671-2676391699-16597.jpg (42KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
3694671-2676391699-16597.jpg
42KB, 400x275px
>>89720575
>Pietro was shown a lot of times having such fast reflexes and coordination that the world to him actually looks like slow motion.
Spider-man has like 20x the reflexes of an Olympic athlete IIRC and the short range movement to back it up.

Also he has straight up beaten Quicksilver in a fight more than once in the comics.
>>
>>89715174
In most incarnations, by a lot.

It's kind of too early to say with the MCU since Cap has some pretty impressive feats of strength.
>>
>>89718449
It is not his peak. Spider-man runs off of drama powers, if him losing would result in something awful happening or if he's serious, he gets a pretty big boost in his abilities.
>>
File: marvel power levels.jpg (1MB, 800x2914px) Image search: [Google]
marvel power levels.jpg
1MB, 800x2914px
i've come here to /thread
>>
>>89720775
It's now my headcanon that TOAA is a huge Spiderman fan and actively powers him up so he has just enough power to win. It is actually supported by the fact that Spiderman has been visited by TOAA and done a lot of other stuff like that.
>>
File: Amazing Spider-Man - 224 03.jpg (176KB, 672x832px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing Spider-Man - 224 03.jpg
176KB, 672x832px
>>89720671
Admittedly this was before Quicksilver basically became the flash.

Originally Quicksilver's max speed was 770 mph, whereas Spider-man has moved at over 1800 mph in bursts before
>>
File: strength2a.jpg (179KB, 575x895px) Image search: [Google]
strength2a.jpg
179KB, 575x895px
>>89716974
You're kind of stupid
>>
File: 23453452345.jpg (517KB, 1680x703px) Image search: [Google]
23453452345.jpg
517KB, 1680x703px
Pete's a lot stronger, he only lost the fight against Cap because Cap's a veteran fighter and smart, Pete's a kid.
>>
File: hLam5nJ.jpg (643KB, 800x2914px) Image search: [Google]
hLam5nJ.jpg
643KB, 800x2914px
>>89716974
>>
>>89720902
This chart hasn't been accurate in a while for some of those character's.

The Thing for instance has canonically gotten much stronger over the years, Hulk is basically in his own weight class at this point.
>>
>>89721044
Waht's this>>89721059
anon said that chart is bullshit by now
>>
super strength
super reflexes
super agile.

bucky's not even better than Cap and Spider-man outclasses Cap in almost every metric
>>
>>89716974
Ironman is class 80,
>>
>>89715107
Yeah. MCU Spider-Pussy shouldn't be beating anyone. He's a fucking pussy faggot who is too fruity to throw punches. How's he going to beat assassins? Hopefully they kill him off in Homecoming and we get a Superior Spider-Man in Homecoming 2.
>>
>>89721059
Still Iron Man is a few steps past Spider-Man.

Spidey is at best in the class 50 range.
>>
File: 1480063505552.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1480063505552.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>89721165
>>
File: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (19KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg
19KB, 367x332px
>>89721157
Tony never exceeded the 1 ton range faggot,

take your casualfag shit elsewhere
>>
>>89721011
Why is Silver Surfer rated at Super Mediumweight?

I mean sure there was that bullshit with Black Panther and that time Spidey ambushed him with a tree, but shouldn't he be up there with Thor?

Also
>basic iron-man that many decades ago rated at that level
I'm not sure if everyone else got power creep or he just got shit on, but that's not true anymore. At all. Putting him up there is laughable.
>>
>>89721267
>Why is Silver Surfer rated at Super Mediumweight?
His raw physical power was that and the power cosmic made him Thor level.
>>
>>89718449
>Spiderman says jokes so his enemies don't get scared
Anon that Spider-man whole shit every story were Spider-man needs to intimidate, he just stop talking, imagina this super agile and fast comes to you in the middle of night and start to hunt you down with that big buggy eyes and lanky body
>>
>>89721267
Normally he is around the 50 ton range, he can artificially amp it up to class 100 but he has to consciously do that
>>
>>89720016
>>89720268
cant remember were but wast the usa gov after spider man because with him they could make super soldiers far better than what captain America became
>>
File: arno7.jpg (78KB, 400x357px) Image search: [Google]
arno7.jpg
78KB, 400x357px
>>89721180
>Still Iron Man is a few steps past Spider-Man.
>>
>>89721330
>that Spider-man whole shit
while he does become significantly more intimidating when he shuts up, he started off telling jokes to keep from losing his nerves in a fight and it became a habit
>>
File: son-this-is-bait.png (57KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
son-this-is-bait.png
57KB, 625x656px
>>89721044
>>
>>89721410
Black suit Spiderman is class 70

try to be less casual
>>
>>89715107
The MCU sucks. Obviously.
>>
>>89721226
But it's still true. The only thing MCU Spider-Boy is good for is getting fucked by Uncle Tony. The MCU would be better off if he died.
>>
>>89721410
>>89721059
It is pretty clear you do not read anything Iron Man. He is commonly compared to Namor and Thor in the strength range since the beginning.
>>
>>89721373
I believe that was Ultimate universe, where the USA was crazy over super soldiers, they created the mutants by mistake, they created Cap, then they started cloning Spiderman by having his dad work with his DNA.
>>
>>89721468
Black suit originally didn't give a shit to Peter just the infinity webbing
>>
>>89718325
He can support it.
>>
File: 1486037265888.jpg (51KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
1486037265888.jpg
51KB, 500x387px
>>89721490
can you give me a rundown
>>
>>89721530
That's the Sam Raimi movie /tv/fag
>>
>>89721429
story wise you are right, but he was made to talk a lot because otherwise he was creepy
>>
>>89721626
Now i know you're baiting when he got the suit during Secret wars he thought the machine made the suit and the moment he found that the suit was alive he ditch the symbiote instantly kinda an a dick move? Reed didn't say anything bad about the symbiote just that the goo was alive
>>
>>89721610
>He's borderline retarded.
>Half asses his heroing, which puts lives in danger.
>Sounds like he's giving a Mickey Mouse impression.
> He's on superhero welfare draining Tony's time and resources.

He's a pest and should be removed.
>>
>>89721519
>started cloning Spiderman by having his dad work with his DNA.
That wasn't his dad, it was a rapidly aged clone of Peter created by Doc Ock
>>
>>89715400
>supersoldier from herbal drugs
fuck off, he's blessed by the panther gods, he's borderline magic.
>>
>>89715247

Alternate facts!
>>
>>89715277
MCU Cap is definitely superhuman not peak human
>>
>>89720902
How do we fix this /co/?
>>
>>89721330
Pretty much.
>>
>>89722594
Well first Hulk need his own class at this point and there no way Iron Man and Thor should be together
>>
>>89717486
Teen Peter is the fucker who lost his shit at the Green Goblin and lifted an entire train car.
>>
>>89722677
Have you seen the Spectacular Spider-man intro when he's crawling the building really fast, i believe that how people see Peter and to be fair it would actually freak me out
>>
>>89715174
>strong enough to singlehandedly support a giant building
>threw wolverine through unbreakable glass
>cold-cocked the fucking hulk

And that's not even when he's really pissed.
>>
>>89722594

it's Mark Gruenwald, sorry it's canon as fuck
>>
>>89722763

People-sized things crawling fast over walls is creepy as hell. Reminds me a bit of the wendigo from Until Dawn.
>>
>>89722835
I suggest watching Split.
>>
>>89722796
It's been 20 years anon, not only the man is dead, but marvel took a big shit on his legacy that chart dosen't mean anything anymore
>>
>>89722792
Angered/Absolute Strength Spidey is my fucking favorite.
>>
>>89722677
What's some good angry Spider-man comics, /co/?
>>
>>89715174
Spider-man's strong as fuck, but he prefers a more evasive fighting style that doesn't really take advantage of it.
>>
Not sure if retarded or trolling or both...
>>
File: 1398574113876.jpg (885KB, 1280x2011px) Image search: [Google]
1398574113876.jpg
885KB, 1280x2011px
>>89715174
>peter thinks harry's baby is dead
>proceeds to terrorize every single villain in a wave of overkill vigilante justice
>doesn't talk, doesn't quip, just goes around like a human spider and fucks people up
>tears an entire pier in half just to bring down a fucking warehouse
>>
File: captain-america-civil-war .png (924KB, 1418x597px) Image search: [Google]
captain-america-civil-war .png
924KB, 1418x597px
>>89715174
Amazing and silver-age in general set Spiderman to ridiculous levels because nerd-bitches kept writing in, complaining he wasn't all-powerful. It was so bad, his rather silly-looking place in the top 5 humanoids in raw power was a halfway house to what was demanded of the most popular Marvel character.
That said, I defy anyone watching the late DBZ levels of power-level inconsistency of the MCU to say Cap, in a stripped to the waist fight, doesn't beat every person outside of Vision, Hulk and Thor, due outright or due to rising action drama.
>>
>>89722792
Don't forget that one time he threw a jeep like it was made of paper,
Lifting a train wagon,
Lifting a tank

As for durability,

Having a truck thrown at him Venom. Stopping it with his head and shoulder
Getting the shit beat out of him by Rhino and then surviving being thrown across the street and through buildings
Taking punches from a Phoenix Force enhanced Colossus
Survives being hit by Mjolnr, thrown by a Hulkified Thor
>>
>>89715107
*snort* blehg everyone knows that spiders are well known for being super strong for their size xD u fukken pleb

spiderman could literally just knock out the hulk with one punch because spiders
>>
>>89722054
Actually he eats a plant called "The Heart-shaped Flower" that was blessed by the panther god to only grow in Wakanda. It endows the person that eats it with superhuman strength, agility and a lot of other stuff.
>>
>>89715174
Cap is peak human with high endurance
Spidey is peak human with high endurance x10 because of bug proportional strength in relation to human and high endurance just seems to be a thing that every hero has.
>>
movie peter is only 16 and growing and he was still handling cap with no real training and experience

if we ever get college/post-college peter he'll be an absolute beast
>>
>>89723691

Well... yeah. Isn't he one of the most powerful mortal entities in the Marvel universe?
>>
>>89723690

Cap is superhuman in MCU
>>
>>89715107
Spider-man can lift a tank. stop being retarded
>>
>>89723451
What story is this? Heard about it before but i'm not really into comics but this sounds badass
>>
File: MU-Strength-Chart.jpg (517KB, 600x2186px) Image search: [Google]
MU-Strength-Chart.jpg
517KB, 600x2186px
Spidey is two weight classes above Cap so it makes sense.
>>
>>89723746

Even given Cap's MCU strength being at least a weight class or two above his 616 version. He's still probably at least a weight class below Spidey since the cinematic universe mostly seems to scale correctly relative to the books.
>>
Spider-Man is fucking strong dummy.
>>
File: Uncanny-X-Men-127-3.jpg (175KB, 620x939px) Image search: [Google]
Uncanny-X-Men-127-3.jpg
175KB, 620x939px
>>89715217
Eh, Cyclops has done it twice.
>>
>>89724125
What's Cyclops fighting them for?
>>
File: RCO020_w_1469430911.jpg (1MB, 2063x3231px) Image search: [Google]
RCO020_w_1469430911.jpg
1MB, 2063x3231px
I'd like to remind everyone of that one miniseries that existed for the sake of making sure everyone understands that Spidey's basically invincible in the Marvel Universe when it comes to infighting, I believe it was Marvel Universe vs. The Punisher/Marvel Universe vs. Wolverine.

Spiderman goes sorta feral and kills the Rhino, and an outbreak of tribal reversion starts up, and basically at the very end all that's left is for the Punisher to deal with Spiderman, who has survived longer than everyone else because he's Spiderman, and he has survived fights with godbeings before. He's hard to squish and very strong.

It's also the miniseries where punisher says "You were always my hero" before old yeller-ing Captain America.
>>
>>89717897
It's always easy to spot the non-Americans in a cap thread. They simply can't contain the jealousy become such intense haters they are almost indistinguishable from trolls.
>>
>>89724125
Eh, Cyclops is a tactical genius. Most mutants are actual idiots.

Can we discuss Iron Man. I re meber reading some comics where basically he had fused with his suit to some crazy degree that basically he had self healing power to the degree that being roasted alive does not kill him. He's also a tactical genius too.
>>
>>89718838
It was a joke. You are the reason autism is such a valid criticism here.
>>
>>89715174
Yes.
>>89715310
But he's not a better fighter.
>>
>>89715174
Logrithmically
>>
>>89723515
I realize you are being sarcastic and I want to add to this. Spiders are not strong. There not known at all for lifting huge weights like ants. They aren't fast either, that's why they spin webs. They have to trap prey because they can't catch it. They aren't known for durability like a beetle. And they most definitely can't see the future.

The only thing that would actually make sense for a spider themed superhero is the wall crawling, which he's got, and the ability to generate your own webs, which he hilariously can't do. Couldn't even get that right.

It's ok to like him as a character, but understand that he is like batman in that he is horribly written with abilities way beyond what makes sense just because he is popular. But at least batman's costume actually looks like his spirit animal.
>>
>>89715400

Not to mention her really, really wanted to hurt Bucky.
>>
>>89717657
"then why did you run"

well jeez, it's not like you were previously (AND CURRENTLY IN THAT SAME SCENE) trying to kill him on sight or anything, mister right and rational man
>>
>>89724298
>What's Cyclops fighting them for?
Short term: Proteus messed with Logan's senses and Scott is trying to snap him out of it.

Long term: Logan's been trying to alpha Scott practically since they met and Scott's finally had it, and is showing him who the real man is. They bury the hatchet and Logan is basically Scott's pet after this.
>>
>>89723451
he pretty much straight up kills sandman/the water dude/lightning dude all at once in that too.
>>
>>89724829
depends on the species of spider for most of the funny things--crazy reaction speeds, crazy lifting, almost preternatural sense of danger etc are found in nature in various types of spider, but certainly not all in one, since spiders in different areas evolved to fill different niches in their environments.

spidey gets all of them bundled into one package, either via being bitten by a genetically engineered super-spider, or being an avatar/candidate of the cosmic ur-hunter or whatever, or just because he gets all spider-themed powers by way of being SPIDERman.
>>
>>89724381
we dont talk about extremis ironman, since his power is to megaman everyone elses powers.
>>
>>89715217
when?
>>
>>89724829
Not involved in this, just coming in to say you're a goddamn idiot.

>They aren't fast either, that's why they spin webs. They have to trap prey because they can't catch it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HLTJLH4n0pg

I hope you're merely pretending to be such a fucking idiot.
>>
>>89724829
Proportional strength, not spider strength.
As for the precog stuff, it's just a reference to spider webs. Peter basically is the web, and danger twangs his strands.
>>
>>89725713
I always interpreted it as more the result of the many sets of eyes thing.
>>
>>89725762
Oh, i thought it was because spiders can feel tiny changes in the air thanks to their sensitive hair
>>
>>89721033

>Cap's a veteran fighter and smart

So is Bucky though
>>
>>89726121
it's probably this
>>
>>89724323
I liked that series more than Marvel Zombies. It was like Crossed without being shitty and edgy (I know some people like it but it just is too much for me)
>>
>>89715174

Spider-Man regularly holds back his true strength.

When Octavius took over Peter's body, one of his first feats was punching Scorpion so fucking hard in the lower jaw that it tore right the fuck off like it was paper, to Doc Ock's bewilderment when he realizes that could have easily been him had he ever driven Parker to that point.
>>
>>89726459
Which was an absolutely retarded scene and a further proof that Slott is a hack.
>>
>>89726519

Retarded? Yes.
But it does drive home the point that Peter is fucking stronger than he let's on.
>>
>>89726121
This would make the most sense as to how a human could gain the ability.
>>
>>89715107
Spidey kicked the Hulk's ass multiple times. He can punch your fucking head off.
>>
>trying to make sense of cape powerlevels
Anyone can be however strong the writer feels like.
>>
>>89715107
>>89715174
I'm using the comics as a reference but Spider-man has lifted a collapsing building, a collapsing subway tunnel, a bus, a train, and more.
He canonically lifts 100x his own body weight and holds back in fights out of fear and concern for his opponent.

Cap is superhuman sure, but it was like the strength of 4 peak humans or something like that.
However, Cap is far more experienced and my money would always be on him in a fight between the two.
>>
>>89724829
There are tiny little ninja spiders that cartwheel and backflip everywhere so fast that we only discovered them recently. You are full of shit.
>>
>>89726684
>He can punch your fucking head off.
99% of the global population can do this in comics.
>>
>>89718838
>implying you need to be autistic to fap to Evans
Whatever man, I've got matches to count.
>>
>>89723713
He's one of the ones you least want to fuck with.
>>
MCU Cap seems more like Ultimate Cap than 616. There's that one issue of Ultimates 2 when they go to take out Thor that a big-ass tree is about to fall on some soldiers and Cap stops it - he's definitely got some form of super-strength there
>>
>>89723604
So, it's basically magical steroids.
>>
>>89723506
>Taking punches from a Phoenix Force enhanced Colossus

Shit, it wasn't even just that. It was a Colossus who was the avatar of Cyttorak before getting the Phoenix sliver to boost him even further. And after taking a punch straight in the face from that Peter still had enough wherewithal to outsmart the motherfuckers.

That shit was the most OP moment I've seen so far.
>>
>>89727793
MCU cap is definitely based off of Ultimate Cap, powers-wise, jumping out of helicopters without a parachute and shit. Thank god they didn't base his manners off of Ultimate Cap as well.

But in the end it's his training and combat experience that makes him truly dangerous, just like with 616 Cap.
>>
>>89724829
different spiders do different things... There are a lot of secies, dude, a lot
>>
>>89727316
Cap is 1 peak. He's just THE peak not "I work out a lot" peak like Batman.
>>
>>89719758
>So I do wonder how dangerous if Michael Keaton's Vulture? We know that he has Chitauri tech so that'll help, but most likely, Tony's experience in Avengers gives him the tools to deal with Vulture effectively.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>89720408

it doesn't matter if you are hulk, at least you have a bioaura like superman or magical based strength that part would collapse, it's really thin material. The writer doesn't know shit about how much that weight. I believe Peter can hold it from the lower part where the wheels are tho, even if it's outside his weight limit, not on the side? Nah
>>
>>89720775
No, it's just that you are a fanboy obsessed over Spiderman being as strong as colossus
>>
>>89720943

You really can't grasp the concept of
Writers being dumb?
>>
>>89719389
Spidey is an avenger level hero stuck on street level because he likes being a lone wolf.
>>
>>89721330
>>89729274
You are retarded, MVP was cap level just training. Cap isn't out of any other peak human league. The only times he has been superstrong he had some extra power up.
>>
>>89715107
In a straight super-power off, Spider-Strength clearly outranks "cold war robo-arm".

Ain't no jobbing about it- Spidey could catch that hand easily, and if he was inclined, yank it right the fuck off.
>>
>>89715174
Spidey is potentially top tier hero in term of strength and agility and powerset. Plus he is fucking genius.
I really want story about him going full rogue besides BiB and Spock
>>
>>89727316
>but it was like the strength of 4 peak humans or something like that.

616 is in the one ton-1.5 ton level (peak human)
ultimate was in the 3 ton level

This Steve is at least in the 4-5. i'm not a fan of that tho
>>
>>89728747
>Thank god they didn't base his manners off of Ultimate Cap as well.

In civil war he is UC
>>
>>89724323
God I'm kinda embarrassed of being a spiderfag and getting hard from fromseeing him getting wanked like this but I can't help it. He's so fucking cool, holy shit.
>>
if peter started useing cap's sheild, would that make him.... trapdoor spider-man?
>>
>>89720015

1 ton = 2000 pounds, 25 x 2000 = 50000 pounds.

Now here's you dunce cap, now go sit in the corner.
>>
>>89729830

Sometimes i forget how stupid american numbers are
>>
>>89720015
gotta watch your units man.
>>
>>89729403
>average
>has taken on the avengers solo
>has bodied a Galactic Herald
Spidey is powerhouse tier and he has a feat that lets him multiple his effectiveness based on how many people he's fighting. He just runs people into each other.
>>
>>89729997

Mhmm, now sit in your corner for 15 metric minutes, its only 8 more days until the end of our metric week!
>>
>>89723955
hey that's pretty cool.

>This Iron man can gain Hulk-like strength for 2 seconds.
Can modern Iron man do this shit?
>>
>>89730112
I said avenger. not average, friend. I'm with you.

People shit on Spidey for being "weak' just because he's too popular.
>>
>>89729403
To be fair plenty of his villains are well above street level. The Green Goblin could polish off, say, Moon Knight without any trouble
>>
>>89730409
I'm still waiting for Sandman, Hydroman and Electro to team up to save the world from some intergalactic threat out of necessity. Or just Sandman doing it.
>>
>>89723955
>Nighthawk is a class above Cap
amazing
>>
>>89730409
It makes you wonder how NYC would be like if there wasn't a Spider-Man or Spider-Girl around. Say the mutated spider didn't bite anyone that day and just died off unnoticed.

Without Spider-Man, there's a lack of a key street-level hero to deal with Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Shocker, Vulture, and other threats. Would Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Moon Knight be able to pick up the slack?
>>
>>89730409
>The Green Goblin could polish off, say, Moon Knight without any trouble

Battle of the nutters. That would be interesting to see
>>
>>89731403
It happened in an Avengers story once, the Gamesmaster showed up and made the Avengers fight a bunch of random heroes and villains in order to decide if the universe lives or dies
Moony gets jobbed out by the Goblin hard
>>
>>89724943
That's not why he ask that you dumbass, the minute bucky knew about the bomb he should had contacted Steve or go to the police to prove he wasn't in that country. Killing terrorists in sight at least they are facing the floor with their hands on the back is the normal real world thing, that's what they do in Europe (after letting them in and giving them money). Bucky run instead if contacting Steve and saying someone is trying to frame me or the local police and saying I didn't do that, I'm living in this country and I was buying fruit 1 hour ago, I'm sure some surveillance camera probably catch me here.
>>
>>89726459
It was retarded
>>
>>89731700
To be fair, when you consider Bucky's reputation and the fact that his face was plastered on the news immediately after the bomb went off, it was unlikely that Bucky was going to receive a fair trial, especially when he was responsible for killing the Starks, several SHIELD agents during Winter Soldier, and dozens of other high ranking political figures.
>>
>>89727397
Is that what bit him?
Didnt think so.
>>
>>89731770
>it was unlikely that Bucky was going to receive a fair trial,

He belongs to jail, but THAT particular thing he was innocent. He does not deserves to be free, now, its dumb to move to an european capital instead of to Alaska, norway or Patagonia, or some other end of the world place
>>
>>89715356
that nigga is high on wakanda herbs
>>
>>89725121
>Bitten by one spider
>Has all the powers of every spider because reasons.

Exactly what I said. Bad writing. Doesnt even make sense with comic logic, but gotta pull a reason out your ass so everyones favorite can win in the hypothetical matchups.
>>
>>89731875
>He belongs to jail, but THAT particular thing he was innocent.
Not really, he was brainwashed by HYDRA.
>>
>>89725318
>Spider remains still until prey literally walks into it.
>Spider grabs prey without having to cover any distance.
>HURRRRR I hope you're just pretending to be stupid.

And now we know you aren't pretending, you just are.
>>
>>89731959
>he was brainwashed by HYDRA.

And that is not how law works, if you hit someone drunk that doesnt make you innocent, if you turn yourself in, people will believe you, he escaped instead of trying to get help
>>
>>89731959
And he should be contained in some capacity until this is undone. Which the movie does in a fair and just way.
>>
>>89732005
Yet at the same time, criminals who perform a crime due to a mental ailment can be sent to a mental institution instead of jail.

I'm pretty sure "brainwashing" would fall under a mental ailment.
>>
>>89732031
>Which the movie does in a fair and just way.

This, and him being Caps bff is a huge thing, Steve could had become his parole guardian.
>>
>>89732031
I agree, until he finds a way to undue the HYDRA conditioning, he should be safely contained.
>>
>>89732095
Yes, and i agree,i believe the mess in europe is what would land him in jail, not his ws actions, those mean he needs help.
>>
>>89732138
The thing is though, Bucky would've been sent to prison primarily due to his past as the WS, nobody would've listened to Bucky if he went on about being framed and he's responsible for so much bullshit that it'd be impossible for him to get a fair trial.

Which is most likely why running was seen as a better solution at the time, even if it ultimately caused more problems in the long run.
>>
>>89724829
>what are trapdoor spiders and their directional vibration sense that works through solid ground and air
>what are Sydney funnel webs that can punch through nails and finger bones when biting and survive in water for hours
>What are jumping spiders that can fling themselves dozens of times their body length
>what are Goliath spiders that straight-up snag and pin snakes, large rodents, and fucking birds without webbing.

Don't fuck with spiders, anon. We didn't even get into the creepy shit.
>>
>>89731276
The Marvel Knights would've been formed early-on in response to Spidey's rogues running amok. The Avengers and F4 might tussle a few of them like Octavius (he's the foremost specialist in radiation which even Reed and Banner admit) or a loco madman like Osborn. This also means that the Lizard would run amok because nobody would be around to cure Connors in Florida.

All those former crooks-turned-good, vigilantes, mercenaries, anti-heroes like Solo, Puma, Punisher, Cardiac, Black Cat, and Prowler might actually fill-in the vacuum of a world without Spider-Man.

This is actually an interesting premise. I'm surprised Marvel never had a What If? where nobody got spider-powers. Would Peter still have become a crime-fighter in some fashion if he wasn't bitten by the spider which would've prevented Uncle Ben from getting shot. Peter would've been home instead of going out doing wrestling gigs.
>>
>>89715310
>The "why" was never explained.

Didn't need to be, because it was clearly shown. Spidey's stronger than Cap, that doesn't mean he has experience. I really hope /co/ realizes super strength doesn't mean everything. Cap competes with people stronger than him for a reason
>>
>>89732950
Yeah, because the plot demands it. The MCU is a mess.
>>
>>89732973
Calm down son, not every minor detail necessarily needs to be explained, especially when it's a character that people are familiar with and the ways that Peter managed to gain an upper hand against Cap (at first) was through a combination of his physique, his webbing, and some advice from Stark prior to the battle ("He told me to aim for your legs").

Then he gets beaten because he's inexperienced and is more concerned with cracking jokes than keeping an eye on his flank, such as when he gets surprised by Sam's Falcon robot, when Cap drops a small building on him, and when Giant-Man smacks him as Peter is celebrating his victory.
>>
>>89731869
He wasn't bitten by a radioactive precog either and yet he somehow got psychic powers.
>>
>>89732950
>Spidey's stronger than Cap, that doesn't mean he has experience. I really hope /co/ realizes super strength doesn't mean everything. Cap competes with people stronger than him for a reason

On a very related note, Cap is smarter than Spidey, but because he trains instead of reads he isn't going to out science Peter anytime soon.
>>
>>89726138
Bucky was up close, so all he could do was punch. Cap kept his distance, huge difference
>>
>>89732973
It really isn't though. The only one that doesn't make much sense is Thor, because Iron Man managed to land hits on him, but I honestly don't think I've ever seen him tired
>>
>>89730112
>has bodied a Galactic Herald

This was retarded, though. Heralds are Superman tier, if not higher.
>>
>>89733580
To be fair, it was an ambush. Silver Surfer flying low=instant jobbing.

Spidey has straight up admitted he could never take Silver Surfer head on.
>>
>>89731276
There's also a lack of new teen heroes getting some basic training and pointers before they fuck up. Marvel's tendency to give him a team-up with any new hero for decades means that there is probably going to be an absolutely massive power vacuum on that front or a bunch of grittier teen heroes.
>>
>>89733673
I thought you were referring to Spider-Man's infamous KO of Firelord.
>>
>>89733455
I think the only time that I've seen Iron Man land a hit on Thor was when Thor hit him with lightning and Tony decided to hit him with a blast that was supercharged from all that lightning.
>>
>>89733731
Oh, I thought he was referring to that time he hit Silver Surfer with a tree
>>
Spider-Man is fucking strong you stupid fucking faggot OP. He can literally throw cars at people with his hands.
>>
>>89715107
he wasn't punching that hard
>>
File: 3513825-2192900678-xauiq.jpg (221KB, 950x1482px) Image search: [Google]
3513825-2192900678-xauiq.jpg
221KB, 950x1482px
>>89733731
>>89733802
>>
>>89732937
I want to know who Venom/the symbiote would have hit first, given that Eddie wouldn't have been near it either if Peter wasn't.
>>
>>89723746
>>>
> Anonymous 02/07/17(Tue)07:57:35 No.89715213 â–¶
>>>89715107 (OP)
that's the ultimate universe or old silver age comics
>>
>>89733859
Actually...guys, I think Silver Surfer might be a punk ass bitch.
>>
>>89733354
Actually that's almost certainly not true at all. He's very intelligent, and much more experienced, but smarter than Spiderman? No. No he is not.
>>
>>89733699
Very true. Peter was the youngest of all modern 616 heroes. Johnny had his sister, Reed, and Ben to keep him in line, but Peter had nobody but himself.

At the very least, the New Warriors would be more head-strong and it's possible we might see a proto-Stamford incident if they got reckless enough.

>>89733920
Whose to say the symbiote would've gotten on Earth? Remember the particular symbiote that Peter found on Battleworld was considered an outcast for wanting mutual coexistence without killing its host. It's doubtful anyone else would've been exposed to the machine that gave Peter the symbiote costume.
>>
>>89734123
Peak human intelligence, m8.
>>
>>89734249
That's not how this works
>>
>>89734398
That's literally exactly how this works.

He has the perfect human brain. He can learn faster than just about anyone but Reed not to mention perfect recall (albeit that's fairly common).

It's one of his powers and has been since the beginning.

That Marvel almost never brings it up outside of character bios doesn't negate its existence.

Does he know more about science than Peter or Pym or Banner, etc? No. But he's got a higher IQ.
>>
>>89731922
>t. autist
>>
>>89734249
For his own potential, he is far from Batman or Black Panther
>>
>>89734482
>But he's got a higher IQ.
NO

God, evanfags and Spideytard are absolute idiots
>>
>>89733227
Exactly. If you believe the standard for a well written character is that their powers make sense considering their origin story, then he is poorly written. This always happens when a character gets really popular and the writers keep making them stronger to appease the fanboys.
>>
>>89734679
Not an argument. I accept your concession.
>>
>>89733354
Spidey is a scientific genius though.

He's not Pym/Richards tier because he spent his teenage/college days fighting instead of researching.
>>
>>89720671
Supes did this to Flash once when he was doing the exact same thing, running around and around Superman and someone else, cutting off (someone else's) oxygen.
>>
>>89720575
Who was that? I just got here.
>>
>>89720943
>5 seconds and 2 miles later
~twice the speed of sound
Should rip apart and burst into flame at the air density near the ground, not to mention create a trail of shattered windows from a sonic boom.
>>
>>89715174
Fuckin newbie detected. Yes, Spider-Man has fought the Juggernaut and the Hulk to a standstill.
>>
>>89723506
I don't think any tank's been 10 tons since 1902.
>>
>>89725713
I thought it was because if a spider's ability to just plain out-reflex you to dodge your attemps to kill it by physical attacks, even if you take it by surprise.
>>
>>89735459
>>89735493

It's the power of stupid writers.

Tanks are between 40 and 80 tons, that is just a dumb writer.
>>
>>89734238
>Remember the particular symbiote that Peter found on Battleworld was considered an outcast for wanting mutual coexistence without killing its host.

That's retconned. Now the symbiotes are from a virtuous race called the Klyntar and the Venom symbiote was just traumatized into psychopathy by being rejected by Peter and then bonded to crazy Eddie Brock.
>>
>>89733731
mugga firelord exists to job
>>
>>89735578
"spider sense" is sensing vibrations through their web, or web on the ground, or the ground in the case of trap spiders. So his power is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>89735459
We should probably just ignore numbers in caption boxes. Those are what gave us Flash being 13 trillion times the speed of light.
>>
>>89715284
>Spider-Man (Peter Parker) - 25 tons
god damn, he's been given a 2.5x upgrade He's really a very low end brick now.
>>
>>89735790
I think this is the best level for Peter. He needs strength to deal with the kind of foes that he has, but he isn't overtly reliant on it.

>>89735735
Maybe it's an evolution from the hairs on his back and neck feeling "vibrations" of murderous intent via pheromones?
>>
>>89735780
I remember the good old days when Superman and Flash raced balls out to the edge of the galaxy over the course of about 2 weeks. This was a paltry 1.3 million times the speed of light.
>>
>>89732138
>I believe

see here is thing, it doesnt matter what you believe, because the world doesnt work that way. Bucky ran because he knew it would land his ass in jail.
>>
>>89732937
Peter might have been recruited by SHIELD for one of their think tanks, given his parents being government agents and how he's a prodigy.

No Spider-Man does mean that the Punisher would have one less guy preventing him from mass-murdering crooks. And without Spidey, Daredevil would gain Kingpin's earlier attention.
>>
>>89734482
>Does he know more about science than Peter or Pym or Banner, etc? No. But he's got a higher IQ.

He had the same IQ entering college that Reed did. He is legitimately one of the smartest men on Earth-616, outpaced mostly by supervillains.
>>
>>89736112
>Peter might have been recruited by SHIELD for one of their think tanks, given his parents being government agents
But would he have recognized his sister
>>
>>89735029
Peter is one of the smartest people on earth however
>>
>>89736193
Peter is amongst the top 50, but I don't think he'd crack the top 10. His achievements are impressive on a shoe-string budget and using stuff out of RadioShack, but nothing out of this world like what Reed, Pym, or Banner did.

If he had gone to the top schools and lived a comfortable middle or even upper middle class life, he'd definitely be above Cho.
>>
>>89715191

Rather a lot" ?
Wow you write like you had a lobotomy
>>
>>89734238
I actually shudder to think if either Thor or Hulk had been exposed to the symbiote...

Who was the next youngest hero to appear after Spider-Man's debut?
>>
OP here.

I didn't know this thread would turn into an autism central with people arguing about power levels.
>>
>>89736447
Power levels and VS battles have been the crux of cape comics discussions for decades.
>>
>>89736489
Ye even unto the movies:
BvS
Civil War
>>
>>89729997
You're still a metric retard for not paying attention to units.
>>
>>89725297

The original Secret Wars, plus an even more entertaining beatdown in Marvel Avengers Spider-man.
>>
>>89736686
No one learns those retarded units outside the US though. Silly how you guys insist on using awful units because you just have to be special snowflakes.
>>
If you actually look at a lot of the jumps that Toby McGuire Spiderman does and not only survives but just rolls with and keeps going he should have been strong enough to throw cars and strong enough to shrug off bullets, since the levels of force involved would be about equal. Disney Spiderman actually seems to have appropriate strength and durability to account for his swinging powers translated into his fighting.

So he's more "realistic" than previous depictions in what his strength and durability aught to be.
>>
>>89715174
Yes. Spiderman's powerset is absurdly strong and well-rounded.

Besides distracting and annoying his enemies, Parker never shuts up because he could easily be fucking terrifying if he didn't intentionally come across as a clowny lighthearted jokester. This is also why quiet angry spiderman makes people shit their pants.

Also, as strong as peter is, Kaine is even stronger, although the tradeoff is not having spider-senses, which makes him a hell of a lot less powerful overall.

The one time Kaine talked to every spider in a ten mile radius to detect and stop a nuclear bomb from going off was pretty cool and something Peter wouldn't have been able to do, though. Peter would just use his supergenius skills to make a fancy Geiger counter to locate it which isn't near as flavorful.

I hope Ben and Kaine get into the MCU at some point and we can have the parker brothers paling around, since clone conspiracy was such a colossal fucking letdown
>>
>>89732950
And that reason is Marvel makes everyone job to him even when it makes no fucking sense.. He's Marvel's Batman in that way.
>>
>>89737198
Most people in the US that even give a shit would prefer metric, it's just a huuuuge pain in the ass to legislate that into public schools and public use.
>>
>>89737673
Please shit up autistic kid.
>>
>>89723515
>>89724829
>>89732594
>Autism
Or, you know, it's a fucking super hero, coming from a 50year old comic book?
Writers could use any fucking reason to make it work, and you couldn't ever say shit because it's not scientifically plausible AT ALL, in the first place.
Keep your reddit tier autism for your shitty generals.
>>
>>89735344
>Spidey is a scientific genius though.
Yes, yes he is.

But he's not the peak of human intelligence.

As you pointed out, he's not Pym tier.

Richards has super intelligence.

Cap has PEAK HUMAN INTELLIGENCE.

His IQ is equal or greater to that of the smartest nonsuper intelligent human on earth.
>>
>>89734482

Measuring Cap's actual intelligence is iffy because he hasn't shown an iota of interest in academia. The most we're given about any actual enhancements to his brain has to do with his coordination and reflexes and that he picks up on new things extremely fast.

I'd chalk it up to being written to the character's lack of of interest in these subject, which justifies why he isn't nerding it out with the likes of the other smarties in the MU.
>>
>>89715107
Physically, due to the spider bite that gave him his powers, Spider-Man is far stronger than the average street-hero and villains tend to underestimate how actually strong he is.

Add to this that he was a kid back when he was bitten, and only got stronger after training himself and earning experience in crime-fighting.

There is a good reason why normal criminals and some super villains don't want to mess with him.

And that's when he's the wise-cracking joker that he is. When he's silent, then you better run.
>>
>>89739540
He's wasting his time punching vjllains and fighting other heroes on shitty events then.

Why doesn't he do more productive stuff?
>>
>>89739969
Is Spidey the best teen hero?

>Started young
>Got a lot of super hero experience by himself and no help from others
>He also started at the beginning of the marvel universe so he's one of the OG vigilantes
>>
>>89740182
In the hands of a good writer?

Definitively.

Hell, every super-hero is fine as long as he's written well and the writer understands the character.

But I like Spidery the most.
>>
>>89726519
Slott is a hack, but that Peter holds back, doesn't try to do permanent damage and doesn't have much of a warrior's intent most of the time is a fact well established over decades of writing.
>>
>>89739540
No you absolute moron, all peak humans reach their absolute genetic potential, that's why cap is stronger than Bruce, that's why Bruce is faster, that's why tchalla is a better dancer, etc. Steve wasnt a moron before the serum, but he wasn't comparable to tchalla, Bane or Bruce. He is as smart as anyone in his potato Irish bloodline could be, the smartest his potential with perfect nutrition, education and incentives he can be, but he isn't a genius, his brain works faster but he isnt the genius you pretend he is. Just like wally West but on a lesser escale. Steve is a brilliant estrategist, but if he put the takes the suit off and stop being a super soldier he would just be well above average, not comparable with Peter or other peak humans, he isn't naturally inclined to science, math or logic, he loves organization and art. He doesn't compare to beast or teen Peter. Tchalla without God powers will always be several times smarter than him.
>>
>>89739713
The thing is that even without booksmartz he is clearly not as smart as t'challa.
>>
>>89740549
All heroes hold back. There's nothing new about that.
>>
>>89723506
So, how did a bullet kill him then? If he can tank all of that, I don't get how he died?
>>
>>89732950
That is like saying you can fight the sun. Use tactics as much as you want, but the sun will win. You can't take it. You can't even get close to it.
>>
>>89733354
So is Wolverine. Your motion to have Wolverine replace Beast as the resident X-men science dude has passed.
>>
>>89718449
Spider-Man canonically cracks joke so HE doesn't get scared. He quips because it calms his nerves.
>>
>>89723451
What makes this great is that HE'S UNDER WATER.

He held his breath, swam down, and still had enough strength to tear the pier apart.
>>
Speaking of Ironman, has anyone seen him run or kick, outside of MVC games?
>>
>>89715107
No because Winter Soldier was the ultimate killing machine while brainwashed and given dossiers on who his targets are.. Right in that scene he's not aware of how Spider-Man's powers work since he's meeting him for the first time.
>>
>>89741219
I know, but one retard believes is to not scare the bad guys
>>
>>89732594
To be honest, I'm the case of Goliath tarantulas that happens just because they're big.
>>
>>89741569
*in the case
>>
>>89740771
>The thing is that even without booksmartz he is clearly not as smart as t'challa.

What does that even mean? He lacks common sense? Street smarts?

Steve isn't inclined towards mathematics or the sciences, but that can be entirely out of preference and lack of interest on his part. His intelligence is hard to measure simply because he hasn't even shown any sort of interest, not due to lack of ability, in academics. If you stick him in a room and tell him to study his ass off, he theoretically should be able to regurgitate pretty much everything you fed him. What he does with the acquired information would be a better indicator of his actual intelligence, but since that has never happened yet because that side has never been explored or ever will without it being completely out of character.
>>
>>89715107
Nah, Bucky got taken off guard by the kid's strength.

Cap has a better time with him because he's a better tactician and he realises he can use his inexperience against him.
>>
>>89715107
Spider reflexes is a mad op skill, yo.
>>
Why is everyone focused upon Spider Man's physical strength? His speed is a far more important factor in his power set. He could slaughter Bucky with his speed alone.
>>
>>89743978

Because speed comes from the application of Force on physical matter, and his speed comes directly from his super strength, hence why this is so important.

Also, we already debated his speed, and pointed out that his reflexes are far superior than most supers can move or react against him.
>>
>>89715174
yep
>>
>>89745267
Also, Spider Sense
>>
>>89720136
>>89729830

> Actually falling for this.

/co/ is fucking pathetic now.
>>
>>89737673
Did Clone Conspiracy end? I thought we were still at the zombie outbreak part. And the whole "Kaine is going to die again lol" thing
>>
>>89727397
I could have gone my entire life without knowing this.

I would venture to say that timeline would have been preferable.
>>
>>89715107
>>Cant stop a 15 year old

Are you an idiot?

That 15 year old kid is fucking Spider Man.

Spider Man is much, MUCH more powerful than Captain America or the Winter Soldier.

Spider Man was taking it super easy on them both in that fight.
>>
>>89720253
>>>89720200
>>webshield tanking a mjolnir hit

Yeah, it's the little things they slip in that people miss.

Spidey is a BIG DEAL.

Ultimate Combo:

Spider Man gets Captain America's shield.
>>
>>89720016
Wolverine did beat him once in wolverine vs spiderman story (perhaps the best one of the best spidey story ever). However that was cuz he wasnt in his urban element and was still in shock from Ned Leeds death.
>>
>>89741859
No you idiot, it means that in the entire multiverse, in the entire history of the character he has never been portrayed as a genius, he has a good memory and can remember the stuff he reads, that's it.

For marvel and marvel writers he isn't comparable to black panther when it comes to intelligence, and he is far from Peter. That's an objective fact, that's like saying since batman and daredevil can use Chi they both can do the stuff iron fist do. Steve is smart, that's it.
>>
>>89733731
I was. Thanks for picking that up.
>>
File: 1414882570986.png (108KB, 267x282px) Image search: [Google]
1414882570986.png
108KB, 267x282px
>>89733354
>Cap is smarter than Spidey
The worst part is I'm pretty sure you meant that.
>>
>>89754598
The saddest part is that the whole he trains instead of reading argument is ridiculous when batman and black panther exist
>>
>>89753036
Isn't that the one where Christopher Priest wrote this big long arch leading up to spider-man losing to wolverine and the second the editors saw the part about spider-man losing they said "That's retarded" because of just how outclassed wolverine is? That literally only got through because it was too late to back out and Priest was being stubborn.
>>
>>89718289
spidey handicaps himself all the time by shit talking. he thinks he's distracting the bad guy but if he actually shuts up, closes his eyes and gives over control fully to his spider sense, he'd be one of the scariest mother fuckers in the marvel universe.
>>
>>89717486
Spider-man has been systematically lifting way more than 25 tons for a long time, if situation is required he's able to lift 75 tons. Cap is nowhere near Spidey, not even a 10%
>>
>>89753036
>Wolverine
>Beating Spider-man
Was Spidey already dead? because I can't understand how that came to happen, Peter can pretty much pick wolvies head with a web and push so hard it detaches from his body, put the head on a safe, drop the safe in the mariana trench.

Spidey reacts 35 times faster than a human WITHOUT his spider sense, add spider sense and he can dodge sniper rifle bullets at point blank like nothing
>>
>>89739540
Not sure if trolling or stupid
>>
>>89757814
Spidey's spider-sense and agility is the most dangerous thing about him, his strenght is medium tier compared to most heroes so is he resilience, but he has literally one of the best defenses in Marvel, he's bleach levels of "nah, you didn't even touch me"
>>
>>89715107

Bucky was going easy on Pete because he wasn't in Kill-Crazy-Soviet mode.

If Bucky wanted Pete dead, he'd be dead. In Civil War everyone was pulling their punches until the final fight between Tony, Bucky, and Steve.
>>
>>89723506
>Taking punches from a Phoenix Force enhanced Colossus
Now that...was complete bullshit
>>
>>89758058
It was Phoenix Force/5, Colossus wasn't even going all out and he was pretty much ko in the first hit
>>
>>89758124
What was the context for Colossus kicking Spidey's ass? I thoughtnhe was one of the good guys? Was he possessed or something?
>>
>>89757926
>In Civil War everyone was pulling their punches until the final fight between Tony, Bucky, and Steve.
This is why the movie was so shitty.
>>
>>89758222
Heroes fight heroes all the damn time now. Anyway, it was in A vs. X.
>>
Since so much in the MCU is tied to the Super Soldier serum, do you think they'll go the Ultimate Route and have the spider that bit Peter an experiment to emulate the super soldier serum?
>>
>>89758397
I hope so. It's probably the best way to set Spidey as one of the major characters. Given his popularity it'd be stupid not to do so.
>>
>>89758397
Probably. Ultimate Marvel really simplified how all these superhumans popped up because it was all tied to creating Super-Soldiers. Mutants as well.

I really enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man and how Oscorp was competing to develop a Super-Soldier Serum for the government and Osborn insisted that Peter advocate him for his genius. In time, Osborn could create more superhumans like Peter.
>>
>>89736112
Peter might have turned out to be a vengeful bastard even if Uncle Ben hadn't died and if he hadn't become Spider-Man.

Becoming Spider-Man gave Peter a lot of confidence. And the spider-bite transformed a scrawny 15-year-old nerd into a fairly fit young man. So not only did he develop a more assertive personality, he attracted notice from girls. Hot ones.

And along with his studies AND crime-fighting, Peter was also the breadwinner for himself and Aunt May. Peter had to man up at 15 and did quite well. He had to put up a brave front at all times for the sake of May.

Peter was picked-on by Flash and other bullies. By the time he graduated HS, he'd probably be embittered as fuck. Remember, Flash and Peter eventually got over their differences by college. This doesn't happen in this scenario. And it's doubtful Peter would befriend Harry or Gwen Stacy since he's still puny Parker.

Uncle Ben would try to keep Peter in check, but having an older male figure in your life for a young man can be pretty contentious. Peter would lash out at Ben and ignore whatever advice he gets from his uncle. He loves Ben, but feels that the old man doesn't get why Peter is lonely and angry all the time. Science is all Peter has and he pursues it with single-minded devotion.

Do you know who I'm describing here? Otto Octavius. Otto was the perfect person to takeover Peter's body because in a lot of ways, those 2 had parallel origins, but diverged significantly. It's very possible Peter could've become something like Doc Ock if he hadn't gone the path of superheroism. On the same token, if Ock had managed to overcome the bullying from school and the abuse from his father, he might have turned out better. It's why I loved Superior Spider-Man because it examined Peter and Otto as the Nature vs Nurture argument in ways that a villain and hero rarely experiences.
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.