[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel’s Big Plans For 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 528
Thread images: 64

File: 12_029-e1486403716781.jpg (353KB, 987x1241px) Image search: [Google]
12_029-e1486403716781.jpg
353KB, 987x1241px
From Rich the leach
>This weekend, the X-Men comics’ new lead writer Marc Guggenheim and Arrow co-creator/showrunner gave a very telling interview. Talking about the future of the X-Men characters at Marvel he said “It’s more about the X-Men as heroes than the X-Men as a struggling minority fighting for their very existence… That existential crisis is tabled for the time being”.

>During their publication, and especially during their eighties revival with Chris Claremont at the helm, the X-Men, New Mutants and X-Factor turned the comics into a social parable, playing up as a power fantasy for oppressed minorities, and giving others an insight into social issues that they might have otherwise been immune from.

>Of late this kind of storytelling has become more pronounced, probably kicked off with the likes of The Authority, Ultimates and Civil War, with more recent stories in comics such as Captain America, The Champions and Ms. Marvel wearing their politics firmly on their spandex sleeves.

>There has also been reaction from some fan communities and retailers to these kind of stories as having no place in superhero comics, despite all the many examples that have preceded it. Maybe it’s a little more obvious now? Maybe everyone is interpreting everything politically? Maybe fans wish for a time when they didn’t realise their superhero comics had political elements?

>Either way, Marvel Comics has been a focal point for this kind of discussion. And last week’s Marvel creative summit I am told by well connected sources who have proved themselves in that past there was more of a focus on what DC Comics internally called “meat and potatoes” comics that preceded their doubling down on the popular characters and bringing back old favourite takes with DC Rebirth.
>>
File: MOCKBIRD008_covcol.jpg (492KB, 1326x2000px) Image search: [Google]
MOCKBIRD008_covcol.jpg
492KB, 1326x2000px
>I am told, as Marvel brings back the X-Men line with a bang, to expect a return to more of a status quo for titles such as Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and more. A more familiar looking Marvel Universe by the autumn – although, just as with Captain America, as classic-look-characters return, expect new characters to keep a number of their books.

>I am told that Marvel knows that the upcoming Secret Empire is probably too political for some readers given this current climate but they are in too deep to change direction on it now. They also believe firmly that it’s a quality book – though if people can’t get behind writer Nick Spencer‘s exploration of current politics to read it, that might be an issue. And, just as with recent Captain America issues and the recent Civil War II: The Oath, guaranteed to needle at people’s political beliefs – whatever they are.

>I am told to expect that Secret Empire will be a bit of a last hurrah for this kind of storytelling from Marvel for a while. A little how Marvel writers were told to get the use of the Marvel 616 dimensional nomenclature out of their system before it was done away with for good…
>>
>>89708267
So...no more affirmative action legacy characters?
>>
JEWJITSU
>>
I just want some Stilt-Man.
>>
>...and giving others an insight into social issues that they might have otherwise been immune from

This is how I learned about pretty much all the social issue opinions and personal politics that I have today. Comic books have taught me that in every situation in life, there's always an absolute good side and an absolute bad side.
>>
>the X-Men comics’ new lead writer Marc Guggenheim

Will X-fags never catch a break?
>>
>>89708267
Marvel seriously keeps on not giving a shit about X-Men, it seems. I honestly don't get. So what if Fox own the movie rights? You're going to ignore the potential awareness it brings to your brand? Even if the movies suck, there's no reason to poison the well and and taint the brand by yourself for whenever you do get a chance at getting the rights back. If anything, you should put in more effort so you don't lose what fans you still have left buying your shit. In any case, with all that being said, shifting away from the overwrought existential crisis the mutants have had since M-Day isn't a bad idea. But I doubt editorial will let it stick, because the threat of extinction probably seems sexier on paper than superheroes being superheroes.
>>
>>89708306
>as classic-look-characters return, expect new characters to keep a number of their books.

Addition over replacement is always preferred. This is encouraging.

>I am told to expect that Secret Empire will be a bit of a last hurrah for this kind of storytelling from Marvel for a while.

This is a shame though. There is nothing wrong with having some political shit going on. It just doesn't need to be every book.

Even in Rebirth you still have a smarter title like Deathstroke, and there's of course Flintstones and the Vertigo books not doing standard stuff. Marvel needs to find the balance. Getting rid of all of one thing is not the answer.
>>
Oh how I hope all this is true. I'd love to see Marvel honor the deals they amde regarding the X Men AND they Fantastic Four by restoring them to former and new glory. I think its a mistake to be a weasel on a major deal, and even more so to say you wont promote the books you own because it might benefit the deal you got rich from but dont want to honor anymore. Why would they ever think its a good idea to take a back seat on defining what their properties are for todays readers? By not promoting the X Men properly or the Fantastic Four they are allowing those characters to be shaped and redefined by the other parties. if i were marvel i would produce the worlds best X Men and FF stories even if i never got to make a movie with them.
>>
Chances are this is true, I doubt Marvel wants a second industry crash
>>
>>89708306

I don't care anymore. I hope they fucking tank and burn. They've fucked about with muh politics and muh genderfluid identity for too long.

Or rather, I'll keep reading them, I just won't be paying for it.
>>
>>89708571
>So what if Fox own the movie rights?
I think Marvel is "serious" in revitalizing the X-Men. After Perlmutter and co. were kicked out from the movies, they have little reason to keep sandbagging the Fox-owned movie properties, it just happens editorial are really fucking shit.
>>
Marvel is getting bodied
>>
So they'll bring back Wolverine in resurrection to cash-in the movie, right?
>>
>>89708267
>This weekend, the X-Men comics’ new lead writer Marc Guggenheim and Arrow co-creator/showrunner gave a very telling interview. Talking about the future of the X-Men characters at Marvel he said “It’s more about the X-Men as heroes than the X-Men as a struggling minority fighting for their very existence… That existential crisis is tabled for the time being”.
That's nice, but how about a good writer instead?
>>
>>89708306
>Marvel writers were told to get the use of the Marvel 616 dimensional nomenclature out of their system before it was done away with for good…

And yet it still pops up now and again.
>>
>>89709136
because either the writer didnt care or like bendis thinks continuity is for plebs
>>
>>89708507
I know right? In the real world morality is completely black and white.
>>
>>89708267
While I feel the X-Men relaunch is going to bust, you look at those lineups and it's just more of the same Blue is just All New, Gold is just EXM, Weapon is Uncanny and the solos are just disconnected fluff.

I just can't see these books being the catalyst that propels Marvel back to being greatness, when glaring issue of their quality still hasn't been addressed
>>
>>89708709
Reminder that Perlmutter and co. have more involvement with the Legion and the other upcoming X-men TV show than they do any of the MCU movies.
>>
>>89708507
Savage
>>
>>89709240
im assuming they figure pearlmuter and team cant do as much damage on the tv front. keeping them away from comics and films are in everyones best interest
>>
I hope Bunneto continues to be comfy. I just hope Bunn doesn't go full Jeanwank.
>>
>>89708804
He's going to make Kitty into his X-Felicity

"Peeeeeeeetaarrrrrrr omg how could you keep that you're sick from me?! You're a liar and a horrible person!!! We're done! But we still have to work together and I will still treat you like my boyfriend but without the benefits... Peeeeeeeetaaarrrrr"
>>
>>89709312
>keeping them away from comics
What? Perlmutter still controls everything under the Marvel Entertainment umbrella which is EVERYTHING Marvel except for Marvel Studios which is now just another Disney Studio.

Perlmutter just traded control of Marvel Studios in exchange for control of the VA.
>>
>>89709349
>implying Kitty hasn't always been X-Felicity
>>
>>89708306
>Marvel brings back the X-Men line with a bang
No logan, no rigthclops you arent foling anyone marlel
>>
The last X-men I read was Spurrier Legacy because it basically gave the finer to the other X books and calling them out on their shit. I hope they get good again.
>>
>>89708267
>>89708306
OH MY GOD

WHO THE HELL CARES
>>
>>89709349
Hasn't she been like that for a solid 20 years now?
>>
>>89708774
OG Logan showed up in one of the future events teaser from CWII
>>
>>89709868
>being this dumb
Do I really need to explain a page from fucking Bendis to you?
>>
>>89709240
And don't forget the Inhumans TV show that'll have a theaters premiere.

Feige really played Perly like a fiddle, no wonder the Netflix heroes won't appear in Infinity War anymore.
>>
>guaranteed to needle at people’s political beliefs – whatever they are.

Oh, bullshit. Marvel only swings one way politically.
>>
File: 1485725140345.jpg (36KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
1485725140345.jpg
36KB, 415x392px
>>89708267
>There has also been reaction from some fan communities and retailers to these kind of stories as having no place in superhero comics, despite all the many examples that have preceded it. Maybe it’s a little more obvious now? Maybe everyone is interpreting everything politically? Maybe fans wish for a time when they didn’t realise their superhero comics had political elements?
>>
>>89710340
Doesn't all mainstream media?
>>
>>89710340
Spencer pisses off SJWs like all the time.
>>
>>89710411
Or maybe we're just sick of comicbook writers thinking what the do is so important that they're qualified to tell us what to think?
>>
>>89710493
Oh Christ, you had to bring this shit here too, huh
>>
>>89708267
>especially during their eighties revival with Chris Claremont at the helm, the X-Men, New Mutants and X-Factor turned the comics into a social parable
Literally couldn't be more wrong, Claremont was a soap opera with kitschy high energy super heroics. Who are the idiots writing this garbage? It's been more than 10 years since Ultimates and the Authority, maybe it's time to drop the "recently".
>>
>During their publication, and especially during their eighties revival with Chris Claremont at the helm, the X-Men, New Mutants and X-Factor turned the comics into a social parable, playing up as a power fantasy for oppressed minorities, and giving others an insight into social issues that they might have otherwise been immune from.

>giving others an insight into social issues that they might have otherwise been immune from.

>insight into social issues

This is the thing that gets me. The SJW isn't insightful, and it isn't raising awareness of real issues. It mainly picks fights with people and condescends to them. It acts like people don't know about discrimination, like society doesn't know about it, and then it blames YOU, personally, for causing discrimination because it's trying to hold somebody accountable.

I'd just like to live my life thinking that maybe, just maybe, from my meager personal income and two bedroom apartment, I am not a contributor to any kind of bigotry and neither my skin color nor my gender matters, thanks. I try to offer other people similar respect, and we should give a "fuck you" to anyone who wants to punish anyone for being a particular skin color or gender.

I mean is it too much to ask to be left alone if I don't want to join some sanctimonious ideology?
>>
>>89710509
Let him run with it... it'll be funny.
>>
>>89710696
I keep telling you; the right has infested everyone. We can't say shit about trump now.
>>
>>89709894
A page? From fucking Bendis?
>>
>>89710696
>>89710734
What, exactly, do you think people don't know about Trump right now? I have been checking the news every day on the guy and all anyone can say is that nobody knows what's happening. I've read reports that Trump's move to the White House was such a clusterfuck that it took them ages to figure out how to work the lights.

Nobody knows nothing. There's nothing to report. The actions he's taking are being opposed by the people that care to oppose it, and the general public has as much sway over politics now as they usually do - which is to say none because the election is over and nobody in office is afraid of losing their job this year.
>>
>>89710786
A page from Bendis?
>>
>>89710606
good
>>
Why is David Brock spamming /co/ now?
>>
>>89710696
fuck /pol/
>>
>>89710898
And exchange, education is destroyed, EPA is in ruins and gays, women and Muslim will be fucked over.
Pretty fair deal, right?
>>
>>89708306
so does this mean nick spencer is out of a job after secret empire? the guy is incapable of writing a story without an agenda or some kind of virtue signaling rooted in it.
>>
File: 1485112804528.jpg (51KB, 362x441px) Image search: [Google]
1485112804528.jpg
51KB, 362x441px
>>89710961
>I am for gays
>I am for islams
>I am for women
one of these is not like the other and it wasn't angry women shooting up muslim bars
>>
>>89708267
You have to wonder what Secret Empire would have been like if Clinton had won. Probably it was conceived as a "now that we have crushed our enemies, how can we unify this divided country?" type of thing.

I think either way they were bound to go back to more of a meat-and-potatoes thing. The whole point of the current status quo is heroes aren't acting like heroes any more. That's going to be followed by a "Heroes are acting like heroes again!' status quo. Then Civil War 3.
>>
>>89710696
Now who is the one who brought fear mongering to the conversation.
>>
>>89710961
>ArcherandKreiger.gif
>>
>>89710954
reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>89711039
Heroic Age 2.0
>>
File: tumblr_l485ooloSA1qbvhdbo1_1280.jpg (437KB, 1280x939px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l485ooloSA1qbvhdbo1_1280.jpg
437KB, 1280x939px
>>89711039
>Heroes are acting like heroes again!

Wasn't that The Heroic Age from a while back
>>
This has been a problem for longer than 2000, but why is Marvel so in love with making their heroes morally ambiguous?
>>
Marvel made the same promises in the "Heroic Age", and it seriously didn't last 6 months.
>>
>>89708709
While Marvel isn't shitting on the X-Men quite as much as last year, they still clearly aren't giving it the top talent. Guggenheim is the guy who only gets books after everybody else turned them down.

Most comics writers would rather be writing X-Men than whatever they're doing. The ones who grew up in the '80s and '90s anyway. But Marvel isn't steering them to those books.
>>
>>89711113
Yep, and it lasted about a year or two and then we got Civil War 2, The First Generation (aka Avengers vs. X-Men).

Everything seems to cycle back and forth between "back to basics" and "nothing is the same."
>>
File: 1483548939058.jpg (1MB, 1208x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1483548939058.jpg
1MB, 1208x1015px
>>89711091
Make Marvel DC again!!
>>
>>89711113
it didn't last long. they've already used the all new all different, and marvel now tags more than once, so fuck it, why not dig this one up and use it again
>>
>>89710606
think about that. Trump is of German descendant. Really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>89711200
But so are most American Jews.
>>
>>89711225
>But so are most American Jews.
>German as President

I think we're up to something... This time it's your turn to deal with the Eternal Kraut menace.
>>
File: 1409624724707.jpg (192KB, 444x585px) Image search: [Google]
1409624724707.jpg
192KB, 444x585px
>rumors of Marvel dropping the legacy shitters
>Amerifats shitting up the thread because of their double-chinned orange goblin instead of discussing comics
>>
>>89711136
Weren't the countries on the ban list from the Obama administration?
>>
>>89711298
they literally can not talk about politics these days... not that I really care, it's fun to make fun of them.
>>
>writer Marc Guggenheim

rip. Just watch hack Guggy insert Felicity into Xmen.
>>
>>89711298
People liked the legacy characters though.
The only reason they're getting rid off is because Trump is in office.
>>
>>89711404
No, it's because sales are tanking and they want to copy DC's success with Rebirth.
>>
>>89710786
>fucking Bendis? as in...
>*make weird gestures for six panels*
>>
File: Sage.jpg (25KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
Sage.jpg
25KB, 300x411px
Fuck off with the political discussion.
>>
>>89711404
>People liked the legacy characters though.
>Marvel sales are tanking
pick one
>>
File: 1480271062638.jpg (90KB, 535x476px) Image search: [Google]
1480271062638.jpg
90KB, 535x476px
>>89708267
Forget all that. When's Carol going to kiss Jess?
>>
>>89711495
It was a pretty straightforward question but if you want CLARITY;
Trump placed a travel ban on seven countries out in the Middle East.
However, these countries were already on a watchlist circa the Obama administration.
True?
>>
>>89709349

So basically what Claremont, Bryne, Ellis, Whedon, Aaron, and Bendis did right?
>>
>>89711455
Marvel sales are tanking across the board, not just with legacy characters. If the problem were replacement heroes then only those books would be suffering, but pretty much all of Marvel is in the sales toilet right now.
>>
>>89711534
i don't know about that. i still see the "go back to tumblr" shit all the time.
>>
>>89711597
But they're not. In fact, conservatives are chilling. Do you see any conservative mob burning down colleges?
>>
>>89711571
This.
The mental gymnastics are astounding. The problem was never that people don't like politics in their comics. The problem is the politics in comics are horribly written. But editorial can't admit they arn't competent enough to write good comics so it's people don't like politics period.
Fucking suits.
>>
>>89709203
Yeah, with those books and the creative teams on them, I feel like whoever still sees this as an exciting second honeymoon with the X-men will quickly be disillusioned.
>>
>>89711701
But on top of that "Their" politics are such a non issue they don't even touch on anything remotely important.
>>
>>89708306
>>I am told to expect that Secret Empire will be a bit of a last hurrah for this kind of storytelling from Marvel for a while

That doesn't make any sense. If Marvel knows this sort of storyline is box office poison, why make such a big deal of it? Why make it your cornerstone title for the year? Just burn off the miniseries to resolve the plotline and focus your titles on something else. But instead they're going all-in on hyping SE like crazy, even though they allegedly know no one wants it?

Either this leaker is full of shit or Marvel is run by complete morons. Not sure which one is more likely.
>>
>>89711616
Yes, it's true that our government has traditionally kept a wary eye on unstable countries and that they're more likely to profile someone from such a country.

You're seriously going to try to pin Trump's travel ban on Obama by pointing out Obama wasn't having gay sex with every country on earth? Seriously? We also keep an eye on North Korea, but it wouldn't be Obama's fault if Trump suddenly refused to recognize them as an official country tomorrow.
>>
>>89710493
except Trump's not the one tearing the country apart. whiny bitch liberals still throwing fits he was elected are the ones tearing it apart. actual adults realize dems losing 1000 seats to repubs over the last 8 years is a much much bigger deal than Trump getting elected
>>
>>89708321
Does that mean they're going to stop making them or will Marvel take it a step further and also get rid of the minority legacy characters they have now?
>>
>>89711701
to be fair though, it's not just the legacy books that are tanking
>>
>>89711745
That wasn't what I was asking at all; way to jump to fucking conclusions.
I just wanted to see if it was true or not.
>>
>>89711780
My guess they will bundle all of their rainbow culture club into one giant team book. Like A-force but for token races and abnormal sex and sex preferences.
>>
>>89711843
And that book will tank too.
>>
Another rich the leach article

Marvel Comics Brings Back The A-Listers For 2018
>In recent years, Marvel Comics has been suffering a bit of a talent drain. Some have been nabbed by DC Comics, such as Tom King, but that’s not been the rule. Instead it has been Image Comics that has provided a welcoming home for Rick Remender, Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips, Matt Fraction, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Jamie McKelvie, Jonathan Hickman and more, while they’ve had to share the likes of Jeff Lemire, Jason Latour, Nick Spencer, Mark Millar, Warren Ellis and Kieron Gillen (a number of whom haven’t been interested in Marvel’s superhero books for a while now.)

>The dilemma has been that Marvel creates stars, or rather gives comic book creators the opportunity to make big names for themselves on the back of Marvel’s familiar characters – only to see them use this newly found fame to publish their own titles through Image which that own, can turn into movies, sell toy rights, translate into foreign languages – and even if they don’t sell Marvel numbers, they get paid a lot more.

>Marvel have been better at getting the big name artists tied down, but much of the fanbase seems writer-driven right now. Marvel does have Brian Bendis and Dan Slott to themselves, Ta-Nehisi Coates has provided a big “get” and there is much hope for Al Ewing, but Image and DC have been swinging bigger ones of late.

>Well, I am reliably informed that Marvel is planning ahead of a charge. Taking time to line up big-name talent, new and old, across the board for a series of big name titles in 2018, to be created well in advance to avoid the shipping issues that can often affect such in-demand creators.

>And planned to coincide with a year already full in the cinema with Deadpool 2, Black Panther, Avengers Infinity War, New Mutants (probably) and a Spider-Man Animated Movie.
>>
>>89711771
>You're tearing the country apart by not agreeing with everything the orange Putin cuck says!

Every president in history has had a huge chunk of the country disagree with him. If Trump can't handle that, it just shows what an ineffective manlet he is.
>>
>>89708267
>>This weekend, the X-Men comics’ new lead writer Marc Guggenheim and Arrow co-creator/showrunner

what monkey paw wielding sonovabitch did this??
>>
>>89711843
So A-Force and Champions? Hopefully Waid writes it.
>>
>>89711819
It's a totally irrelevant question then. I've heard this, "I'm only looking for truth" bullshit before. You're looking for an outside opinion to vaguely, indirectly confirm a thing you suspected, and now you're going to act like you're moderate and totally not getting most of your info from an extremist hugbox.

It doesn't matter what you're willing to read if you're only going to read between the lines to confirm party mantras. Granted I recognize the irony of reading this much into what little you've said, but this is just in case you're weaselly faggot trying to about-face to look reasonable.
>>
>>89711744
i wonder if it means they'll keep tie-ins to a minimum instead of subverting almost the entire line of books like they did with cw2. i hope that's the case.
it's like they article said, it's too late now, they have no choice but to be all in, and hope for the best.
>>
File: no.jpg (50KB, 354x662px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
50KB, 354x662px
>>89711624
>Ellis, Whedon, Aaron, and Bendis
>right
>>
>>89711864
Well, if you consider the people that do buy those kinds of books (idiots), and consolidated say...70% of them into the sales of a single book, it would probably make enough to stay afloat and they would have the uh, I dunno, what they think is moral high ground to stand on for having that crap.
>>
>>89711908
>people can't be genuinely moderate
In the end, why did I even ask? There's google.
>>
>>89708648
Marvel's unit/dollar share has been pretty solid. The last time they were in trouble was 2009.

Not a lot they can do about DC's sales, but at least some of that is due to DC readers going over to Image/

>>89708748
It'd probably help you to learn statistics. Not "statistics from an event" but how-to-understand-them. Because they really don't bear out this argument that only Rich "didn't know I had to pay taxes as an illegal alien" Johnston is pushing.
>>
>>89711780
they're still going to be there, says it in the interview. it's the OG characters will be the stars of their own books again. think of it like the current set up with 2 caps, and 2 spideys
>>
>>89711908
>Granted I recognize the irony of reading this much into what little you've said
Paranoid little bitch with thin skin at least has some self awareness.
>>
>>89711967
This is why marvel is losing sales by the truckload, nobody likes being pandered to. That just creates shitty comics.
>>
>>89711867
If you are a talented writer, you write your own book, to get more money out of it, or you work with marvel to earn less but you get the opportunity to write a legendary characters.

Marvel has replaced all their legendary characters by token. If you want to sacrifice money to write, for example iron Man, you want to write Stark, not Riri. If you want to write Spiderman, you want Peter, not Miles.
That is why nobody want to write for Marvel, they would fuck up their carrer by being forced to add to the pile of SJW trash the editor created.

They only people who want to write are tumblrite, look at the writer they brought for Miss America, she only got the book because of activism, she isn't even a writer.
>>
>>89711867
>Marvel used to be one of the Big Two
>now it's just a training ground for future Image writers
I never ever expected to see something like this happening. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>89711940
I saw someone argue that there's a connection between geek culture and politics because we're very nostalgic for the stuff we watched and read in our youth, and it sort of bleeds into being nostalgic for the way the country was when we were young. Which explains why a lot of people who aren't exactly political wind up drawn into these arguments.

I know that I sometimes bristle at being told that the comics and TV of my youth were too white, too straight, too whatever. It's entitlement, sure, but we all want to protect the stuff we liked even if it sucked.
>>
>>89711787
gotta admit, it's a ridiculous cover though. if it weren't for the shirt it would actually be a pretty nice cover
>>
>>89712039
Are those by chance the same people who insist that Gamergate caused Trump?
>>
>>89709166

Ditching it was a bullshit editorial decision best ignored.
>>
>>89711834
Source; your ass.
>>
>>89708267
>Dying industry chooses death by dating their own product before it's even made
>>
>>89712037
>Marvel has replaced all their legendary characters by token. If you want to sacrifice money to write, for example iron Man, you want to write Stark, not Riri. If you want to write Spiderman, you want Peter, not Miles.
Peter is still around...
>>
>>89711967
>/co/ in a nutshell
>>89712016
>You can trust me, I'm super redpilled.
>>
>>89708507
And the absolute bad side is whatever is printed in these shit comics. Because tof how they structure their political views like retards.
>>
>>89712038
>now it's just a training ground for future Image writers

It's not like that's how Image was FOUNDED to begin with now is it
>>
>>89712158
If politics have always been part of comics, why do liberals insist that /pol/ needs to go away?
>>
>>89712132
You are missing, to point here.
If you could write Spiderman, would you write Miles or Peter?
Most people would want to write Peter.
>>
>>89712216
I've seen several people say that they would write for Miles if given the chance.
>>
>>89711967

Point me to a Marvel/DC comic that panders to redpilled politics please.
>>
>>89712202
N-no
S-shut up
Go back to pol
>>
File: taker.png (527KB, 678x417px) Image search: [Google]
taker.png
527KB, 678x417px
>post yfw main Avengers title for the next status quo is literally the movie team
>>
File: mockingbird.jpg (130KB, 765x567px) Image search: [Google]
mockingbird.jpg
130KB, 765x567px
>>89708306
>people still trying to push the fiction that Mockingbird was cancelled because of the feminism tshirt

That was the cover of the final issue, kids. The book had already been cancelled when the cover was commissioned. They wouldn't have been able to get away with it otherwise.

>b-b-but it still hurt sales because no one buys comics that don't reinforce my personal opinions

Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>89712158
You seem vindictive.
>>
>>89708377
From Mark Waid and Chris Samnee, All-New Stiltman comes this fall! The Stiltman family gets a new member!
>>
>>89712216
You know, honestly I'd write Miles. I kind of like the angle they did with him where he complained he didn't want to be "Black Spiderman". There's something interesting there, where you have this character who really isn't sure what he wants to be, but he's mad because people keep talking about what a good "black" person he is and acting like it's super progressive and awareness-raising even though honestly you'd really rather set a bad example because it would be so much faster and so much more personally rewarding.

Peter Parker has been a thing since before I was born. He's great and I loved him as a kid, but it's hard to get creative sometimes with material that old.
>>
>>89711992
>they're still going to be there, says it in the interview. it's the OG characters will be the stars of their own books again. think of it like the current set up with 2 caps, and 2 spideys
And 2 wolverines and 2 foolkillers
>>
>>89712306
Miles>Peter
Who ever thinks otherwise needs to go back to Daily Stormer.
>>
File: laughing-diversity.jpg (32KB, 650x452px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-diversity.jpg
32KB, 650x452px
>>89712308
>only straight white males here.
>>
>>89712268
>Spent years claiming people you hate are a loud minority
>Whenever you make someone nobody buys it
>Whenever they write a book it becomes Amazon's best seller before it's even published
>>
>>89711867
this guy has it backwards. almost everyone of those creators (not sure about deconnick) in that first paragraph had already made a name for themselves trough indie companies, Image, and/or DC. it's the reason why Marvel snatched them up in the first place. they just returned to their norm, but with a boosted profile. some on supposedly not so friendly terms like remender, fraction, and deconnick
>>
>>89712067
More like the people who insist it was a sign of something going on.

No one denies that there was a lot of talk about political correctness in the last few years and that opposition to PC (however you define it) became a big thing.
>>
>>89712332
>Peter Parker
>Tony Stark
>Steve Rogers
>Clark Kent
>Bruce Wayne
Do i need to go on?
>>
>>89712244
Congratulation. They would waste 1-2 years of their carrers writing token Spiderman instead of real Spiderman.
> And I wrote Spiderman.
> Cool, dI always loved Marie janes, she was cute.
> No, he wrote Miles. The other Spiderman.
> The Not Amazing one.
> Yes, the black one.
> Oh, the one full of politics?

Writing Miles is irrelevant. Nothing he will do will contribute to everything.
>>
>>89712354
Bums me out Remenders final book was that Hail Hydra deal, should've went out with something a little more flashy then a Secret Wars mini.
>>
>>89712354
Hickman hadn't made a name for himself
>>
>>89712308
Then why dont you go away?
You don't see me going to tumblr and talking about how shitty Tumblr is. I simply stay away
If you don't like it go away, it isn't going to change to please you, all you will accomplish is making other people and yourself more miserable
>>
>>89712386
>being this retarded
I guess you think Peter is the "real" Spider-Man, huh?
Hallelujah money.
>>
File: more mania soon.jpg (71KB, 712x321px) Image search: [Google]
more mania soon.jpg
71KB, 712x321px
>>89708267
>And last week’s Marvel creative summit I am told by well connected sources who have proved themselves in that past there was more of a focus on what DC Comics internally called “meat and potatoes” comics that preceded their doubling down on the popular characters and bringing back old favourite takes with DC Rebirth.

S-she's going to be okay guys, right? I was promised.
>>
>>89712379
Those people post in 4chan?
>>
>>89712414
>You don't see me going to tumblr and talking about how shitty Tumblr is.
People do anyways. Time for a taste of your own medicine.
>>
>>89709410
honestly I'm amazed Disney hasn't fired him by this point for all the problems he causes
>>
>>89712472
>people do something i dont like
>so im going to punish you for it even tho you never did anything to me
i dont even fucking know how tumblr works, hell i dont know how reddit works, what the fuck have i ever done to you?
>>
>>89712356
God, I remember when it was just "talk" about political correctness and I was on board with it.

>There should be more women in media
Yeah! Women are great!

>And more black people!
Can't complain! Sure. I have lot of black friends and I know some guys who would be great to base a hero on.

>Because white men have reigned supreme for too long!
Uh. Wait, hang on.

>And heterosexuals have entirely too much privilege which prevents them from making rational decisions
N-now listen here -!

>And we should never again see a woman with a big chest in media
That is where I draw the line!

Maniacs!
>>
>>89712423
Of course. He was the first with this powerset. He is a product of pure imagination
> What if we made a man, with the power of a Spider?

The other one is
> What if we took a character everybody love, make it black, make it greater than the original just because I adopted an Etopian Girl for virtue signaling? - Bendis.

Of course, Peter is the original, the other is copy paste.
>>
>>89712400
He'd made enough of a name for himself to be brought in to Marvel (did Bendis bring him in?).

The system from 2001 on was basically that they looked for indie talent and also the established writers brought along other writers, like Brubaker co-wrote Iron Fist with Fraction when Fraction was new to Marvel. Fraction brought in Remender who brought in Gerry Duggan, I think.

That system seemed to fall apart after a lot of the writers left to focus solely on their own work. But it's still really hard to make a living from Image comics unless you're one of the few big names in the business.
>>
>>89711990
>Marvel's unit/dollar share has been pretty solid.
Those numbers are a complete farce. It's all smoke and mirrors tactics like giving away books for free, but still charging for shipping.
>>
>>89712037
so you're saying this gabby rivera person writing the new miss america book where she's drawn looking dumpy as hell with a 90's superboy costume ripoff has never wrote a comic before?
i need to google this
>>
>>89712585
Why not? Go be sex negative somewhere else, granny.
>>
>there was more of a focus on what DC Comics internally called “meat and potatoes” comics that preceded their doubling down on the popular characters and bringing back old favourite takes with DC Rebirth
But editors and better writers when?
>>
>>89712658
>Peter DID come first
>b... but you voted for Trump!
Logic.
>>
>>89712628
DC writers aren't very good right now either.Lots of bad and mediocre ones with few exceptions. The DC editors are really really good right now though.
>>
>>89712132
let's be honest here, no one will ever get to write a peter or miles book as long as bendis and slott are around. spidey is off the table for this argument
>>
>>89712585
Maybe because our country has been puritanical for too long? But yeah, let's make this political. You fucking idiot.
>>
>>89712675
I'm really surprised how bad priest is screwin' up Deathstroke right now
>>
>>89712681
God bless him.
>>
File: Pete and MJ.jpg (233KB, 889x960px) Image search: [Google]
Pete and MJ.jpg
233KB, 889x960px
>>89708267
Will they be together again?
>>
>>89712697
And to think he could've written Cyborg instead.
>>
File: 1485209412564.jpg (133KB, 629x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485209412564.jpg
133KB, 629x800px
>>89712658
What a lazy post.
>>
>>89708267
So basically the one marvel book that absolutely SHOULD be social commentary isn't.
>>
>>89712585
Because I like tiddies. Not every woman in media needs giant boobs, mind, but not every women in media does have giant boobs, so personally I don't see what the problem is if I like tits. I mean I don't even know a woman who was ever unhappy that I liked her boobs within the polite context I lead my social interactions.

The implication that I'm some kind of sexual predator because I'm heterosexual and would happily look at nude women has always been a bridge too far for me. How am I supposed to not like boobs? Why pretend I don't like boobs? Why does it make me a bad guy?

It's not a more open and progressive society if a huge demographic has to feel bad and sit in the corner forever to make it a reality.
>>
>>89712697
I said with few exceptions, you illiterate prick.
>>
File: 25.jpg (15KB, 229x289px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
15KB, 229x289px
>>89712697
>>89712675
>if Marvel sucks, so does DC!
Really?
>>
>>89712733
Another illiterate prick...
>>
>>89712729
I was just spinning a new comment off of your comment, I literally don't care what you had to say.

>>89712719
They belong together.
>>
>>89712757
>backpedaling
Like clockwork.
>>
>>89712723
Just because Cap has "America" in his name, doesn't mean it has to involve contemporary politics. Steve is a capefag, a hero. Not a liberal douchebag who shouts on top of a soap box 24/7.
>>
>>89708306
>I am told that Marvel knows that the upcoming Secret Empire is probably too political for some readers given this current climate but they are in too deep to change direction on it now.
Welp, so long to that line
>>
>>89712701
buy every copy of renew your vows and force your friends to do the same and it might happen post renotareboot-now in 2018
>>
>>89712833
DC isn't perfect, but having to choose between Marvel and DC is one of the easiest decisions in DC's favor. There's really nothing to debate about it.
>>
>>89712833
I wouldn't say they are perfect, but rebirth has been a step in the right direction.
>>
>>89712871
>backpedaling
Like clockwork.
>>
>>89708267
lmfao kill me
>>
Has Marc Guggenheim ever written a comic even remotely worth exchanging money for?
>>
>>89712886
Rebirth was a mistake.
>>
>>89712892
Not an argument.
>>
>>89712585
Yes actually. Though I do consider my penis to be my god emperor.
>>
>>89712780
Not an argument.
>>
>>89712658
I am not even American.
>>
>>89712939
Lucky that Marvel realized this, huh?

>>89712934
His JSA.
>>
File: yeYu4Zo.jpg (387KB, 1280x2092px) Image search: [Google]
yeYu4Zo.jpg
387KB, 1280x2092px
>>89712462
Bruce Wayne is no stranger to a shitpost.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>89712268
>they don't know how easy it is to be an amazon bestseller

http://observer.com/2016/02/behind-the-scam-what-does-it-takes-to-be-a-bestselling-author-3-and-5-minutes/
>>
>>89713019
Why even bring up Marvel at all? I sure as hell didn't mention it, and there's absolutely no way I'd reference them in a positive light anyway... But you company war faggots are so goddamn insecure... part of me thinks you're all just marveldrones pretending to be rabid dcfags to make the dcfags look obnoxious. It's just hard to believe that some people can be such shils, the undercover shit sounds more believable..
>>
>>89710961

Oh no, the gays and mudslimes. Whatever shall we do.
>>
>>89713073
i sure hate you
i didnt even use to know shit about tumblr, to me it was a pol buzzword and the ocational screencap meme
then tumblr came here and boy oh boy i hate tumblr
thats the effect you have on people, you want to come here to get back at wathever imaginary enemy you got? you are going to make people hate your guts
congratulations on creating the alt right and then giving it the perfect justification to exist
>>
>>89713124
>Why even bring up Marvel at all?
Because many Marvel fans want a Marvel Rebirth.
>>
>>89713124
The guy said Guggenheim JSA is good do it's obvious he is trolling.
>>
>>89713196
sure, i support him all the way across the ocean
>>
>>89713124
>you're all just marveldrones
Says the Rebirth hater.
>>
>>89708267
>X-Men comics’ new lead writer Marc Guggenheim
Oh god, fucking why.
Please tell me Bunn and Pak have some influence on the next big thing, because otherwise we're just headed for yet another fucking abyssmal event.
>>
>>89713233
Rebirth sucks.
>>
File: 1356150138036.jpg (416KB, 788x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1356150138036.jpg
416KB, 788x1148px
I just want to read about Ghost Rider murdering evil people man...
>>
>>89713249
Thanks for admitting you're a company warrior.
>>
>>89713196
i have a tip for you, you should stop claiming that everyone who hates you is a trump supporter because everyone hates you and people may take your advice and give you the ultimate fuck you
>>
>>89713262
You're the only company warrior here, buddy.
>>
File: 1455760805152.jpg (19KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1455760805152.jpg
19KB, 500x326px
>when marvel comes crawling on its hands and knees for that trump dick
too bad dc/image/dark horse already fill up my pull list, barely anybody at the stores I check out even look at the schlock on the marvel racks
>>
File: cdc23ac.png (217KB, 469x349px) Image search: [Google]
cdc23ac.png
217KB, 469x349px
>>89711867
>Marvel does have Brian Bendis and Dan Slott to themselves
>>
>>89711990
dollar share is high because they rip idiots off with overpriced garbage.
unit share is high because they literally throw away books for free and call it sales.

Marvel has steered into some deep shit right now.
One more year or two without any major direction changes and there'll be no one left reading their stuff.
>>
>>89709332
>I just hope Bunn doesn't go full Jeanwank.
Nah, that'll be on Hopeless.
>>
>>89712268
>mockingbird never mentioned once in the interview excerpts from the 2 posts
>tumblrina triggered because that cover was used with the post for some reason
>sperg out ensues
Can you be any more of a stereotype?
Mockingbird #1 sales (42,335), Final Issue (14,302). also this >>89713068
>>
>>89713503
It'd be a nice break for his gaywank goin on now.
>>
File: 1414590451265.jpg (300KB, 700x1690px) Image search: [Google]
1414590451265.jpg
300KB, 700x1690px
Oh boy, this thread sure has a lot of replies. I wonder why that could be.
>>89710493
>Trump is literally going to tear this country apart.
Ah.
>>
>>89713589
From one centrist to another, you shouldn't, since the go-to strategy has been to always blow up any sort of cursory shit into their extremes. So naturally liking hot women is "misogyny" (somehow loving the female form is literal hatred for women) and anything else that is not "en vogue" basically goes the racist-sexist-xenophobe trifecta.
>>
>>89712462
imagine bruce on the batcave wearing the cowl with a spaghetti stained wife beater in his boxers shit posting with a look of malicious glee on his face
>>
>>89713709
Well, I'm thinking about this from a non crazy angle. I refuse to think that most people are unironically retarded. Although, I can understand ignorance.
>>
>>89713806
I don't think most people are unironically retarded, myself, but when it's this sort of soapboxing we're talking to initiates from both side, and these are the ones who will buy it hook, line and sinker.
>>
File: 1415577968314.gif (2MB, 425x319px) Image search: [Google]
1415577968314.gif
2MB, 425x319px
>>89713717
>this is /co/mblr
What? I thought, this is a political discussion board where you bring up controversly discussed political issues and then talk about them for half the thread.

Fuck you.
I don't even care if you're pro or against Trump or whatever. I'm just sick of reading about that faggot everywhere because people can't help but talk about him in every fucking thread on this board. The slightest provocation is enough for people to drop his name and then the thread is immediately doomed to turn into a fucking political talk show.

Now that I've said that, I actually installed a filter now and I don't know why it never occurred to me before.
>>
>>89713806
>>89713869
You guys are forgetting it's always easier to dismiss what is different than it is to understand it. Calling someone a Nazi or a leftist works as a thought-terminating cliche.
>>
>>89713917
That's exactly what I'm talking about though? The "initiates" will be the people who will bark "nazi" at Trump and their counterparts be the ones who think gay people getting marriage rights can only mean pedophiles are about to enjoy the same.
>>
>>89713589
>>89713709
>centrist
Yeah, the holier-than-thou tone matches.
>>
>>89713917
The left is kinda losing this culture war, though. They are abandoning all dignity and you need to preserve dignity to hold on to your status.
>>
>>89713957
Yeah, compromises is a part of life. I don't believe either the left or right have all the solutions to all the problems.
>>
>>89713957
>holier-than-thou tone matches.
Nonsense. He didn't claim to be a big city liberal.
>>
>>89714013
>everyone is so stupid except for me
lol

>>89713968
>le culture war meme
>>
>>89713589
It's because most people don't know anything that happened in the 20th century except WWII and the Civil Rights movement.

So every leader people don't like is compared to Hitler and all forms of discrimination are compared to Jim Crow, because it's the only reference everyone is sure to understand.
>>
>>89714274
And you're a historian, I guess?
>>
>>89714296
>ww2 gets taught at school but ww1 gets ignored or barely mentioned
hhhmmmmmm
>>
>>89714043
He's a double agent in any case. Whoever wins, he will support.
>>
>>89708267
>It's fucking nothing The Article

>And last week’s Marvel creative summit I am told by well connected sources who have proved themselves in that past there was more of a focus on what DC Comics internally called “meat and potatoes” comics that preceded their doubling down on the popular characters and bringing back old favourite takes with DC Rebirth.

But Spencer told me Rebirth was a ploy by conservative trolls to bring down diversity in comics!
>>
PLEASE MAKE ICEMAN STRAIGHT AGAIN!
>>
File: 1363256969571.jpg (27KB, 385x272px) Image search: [Google]
1363256969571.jpg
27KB, 385x272px
>>89708507
Ye too bad Marvel started rooting for the bad
>>
>>89714581
First step would be to cancel the upcoming solo written by the flamer. He's going to cause a lot of damage.
>>
>>89710961
Yes.
>>
>>89714581
This. This is pretty much all I care about. What Bendis did made me leave all of the X-books and made it super tough to watch any X-Men media adaption from then on. If they want, they can let young alternate Bobby be a homo, but they need to change the original back into a skirtchaser if they want to take my money again.
>>
>>89714581
MISA hats when?
>>
O, sheeiiiiiiiiiit. Where were you when Marvel: Rebirth was confirmed?
>>
>>89708267
>Either way, Marvel Comics has been a focal point for this kind of discussion. And last week’s Marvel creative summit I am told by well connected sources who have proved themselves in that past there was more of a focus on what DC Comics internally called “meat and potatoes” comics that preceded their doubling down on the popular characters and bringing back old favourite takes with DC Rebirth.

House of IDEAS
>>
>>89713909
its entirely the left wing who is unable to shut up about him
>>
>>89711021
Not the case for Superior Foes or The Fix.
>>
>>89713909
>filter "Trump"
>the board is clean again
Feels good, man.
>>
>>89714274
That's true. History is probably the most significant subject you could be reading if you want to understand how society has evolved. Modern history is not enough.
>>
>>89715000
Thank you, Captain Obvious.
>>
>>89715074
You're welcome.
>>
>>89715105
>>89715074
>>
>>89715156
>>89715105
>>
>>89711874
trump is handling it though the people throwing fits and rioting are the people who hate him how many riots did we see when Obama was elected??
>>
>>89712112
there's 250 million muslims living in India that's more than the combined population of the 7 countries on the list
>>
>>89708267
>>89708306
neat, I might go back to reading Marvel Comics again
>>
File: tumblr_ofkgv08Goh1s1yyu8o1_500.jpg (75KB, 258x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofkgv08Goh1s1yyu8o1_500.jpg
75KB, 258x750px
>>89708267
Nick Spencer on suicide watch!
>>
>>89716268
Why can't he understand that comics are a PRODUCT. Not doing the product your reader want purposely is insane.
>>
>>89715528
Yeah but, Obama ran a mostly clean campaign. Trump spent a year and half flinging shit everywhere and promising he's gonna turn the world on its head. I'm not digging the rioting but people being freaked out about him is the most understandable thing in the world.
>>
>>89716350
the worst part is the marketing he is pandeing also hate his crap spencer is a master of pleasing no one
>>
>I am told that Marvel knows that the upcoming Secret Empire is probably too political for some readers given this current climate but they are in too deep to change direction on it now.
It really is Civil War 2 part 2.
>>
>>89711967
it wasn't so much being pandered is wasting any potential they had.

Miles is still duller than a butter knife. Anything that was significant to his story was undo done because of secret wars.

Kamala has lost steam ever since they pushed her into the avengers.

Robbie's current arc is just promotion for the new fantastic 4.

They did fuck all with the status quo change and expected people to buy through sheer anger. They gotten so low as to beg people on twitter to buy their comics.
>>
>>89712512
He owns a large chunk of Disney, so there's why.
>>
File: 1469145312405.jpg (27KB, 415x423px) Image search: [Google]
1469145312405.jpg
27KB, 415x423px

They hire Sherlock to fucking deduce this? At what point did they all realize they're complete fucking morons for not writting for the people who actually read comics?

>X-Men returns, deader than ever
I hate Marvel so much.
>>
>>89711867
Make your predictions now.

Who that's currently at DC but not at Marvel will jump ship when all those $$$ are waved at them?
>>
>>89711867
>Marvel does have Brian Bendis and Dan Slott to themselves
Yes. Yes they do.
>>
>>89716380
That's just people being stupid and buying into media hype.
>>
File: 1418452786099.jpg (55KB, 290x710px) Image search: [Google]
1418452786099.jpg
55KB, 290x710px
>>89716850
>Perlmutter
>Waving money at employees

I doubt any major changes are going to be made with the writing staff.
>>
>>89716850
Nobody? Marvel doesn't sell. If anything I imagine their writers are jumping ship now.
>>
>>89716850
DC's exclusives seem to be 2 years long so we'll find out in about another year
>>
>>89716850
Marvel only really gets castoffs or people DC doesn't need anymore. So Diillon and DeLiz.
>>
>>89708703
>I don't care anymore. I hope they fucking tank and burn. They've fucked about with muh politics and muh genderfluid identity for too long.

Fucking this. Any interest I had in them died at the end of King's Vision mini. And it was on life support at that point anyways.

>Or rather, I'll keep reading them, I just won't be paying for it.

NOPE. Not even going to read pirated comics from them. Shit, I wouldn't piss on a stack of Marvel Comics if there were on fire at this point.
>>
>>89716909
It's not hype if he actually said all that shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 580x300px
I just think that injecting controversial contemporary politics into escapism is rude and inconsiderate. Just let me dream away for a few minutes or an hour without being reminded of all the dumb things in reality I want to forget about for a moment.

You fucking hacks!
>>
File: bleedingcool comics journalism.jpg (158KB, 613x849px) Image search: [Google]
bleedingcool comics journalism.jpg
158KB, 613x849px
>Bleeding Cool
>"comics" "journalism"
>>
>>89717604
They've been doing it for decades. Why are you mad now?
>>
>>89717658
Because it has always been shit and it's still shit now.
>>
>>89717658
realy? i dont remeber marvel supporting hate grops like blm before
>>
>>89717762
(You)
>>
File: marville 02 - 11.jpg (213KB, 950x1486px) Image search: [Google]
marville 02 - 11.jpg
213KB, 950x1486px
I am a liberal and think Trump is a piece of shit and even I cringe at how stupid the political commentary in Marvel books have been.

We're almost at Marville levels of retardedness.
>>
>>89717810
But he is right.
>>
File: I'm with her 1485937348728a.jpg (26KB, 236x331px) Image search: [Google]
I'm with her 1485937348728a.jpg
26KB, 236x331px
>>89717848
Watching liberals and liberal media like Marvel disappear up their own ass instead of sensibly arguing against Trump is infuriating to me.

Bad enough so many of these idiots are still mindlessly repeating Hillary's failed rhetoric.
>>
>>89716268
Holy shit, Spencer is delusional
>>
File: 1454258056293.png (86KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1454258056293.png
86KB, 1024x1024px
>>89710961
>>
>>89711967
These posts HAVE to be bait. No one can be this fucking retarded
>>
>>89711199
they are recycling entire lines now
>>
>>89716850
Dillon and DeLiz, they already confirmed someone from Marvel has approached them.
>>
>>89711199
>>89718274
Oh good. I'm not the only one who noticed it. I thought my memory was going when I though Marvel had already used those titles for soft reboots / new lines.
>>
>>89718335
source?
>>
>>89711867
Is Tom DeFalco considered an A-lister?
>>
>>89716268
what a smug cunt. he's really went out of his way to guarantee he'll never work at DC again. no wonder they sent his ass packing after one issue of Supergirl.
>>
>>89718450
https://twitter.com/RayDillon/status/809846352591093761
Though this was before it got out that Renae has a massive backlog of unfinished commissions she's yet to deliver.
>>
>>89718661
It was THUNDER Agents that pissed him off. They gave him a 10 issue maxiseries, released the trade, the trade bombed, he got a truncated second six issue mini that was never collected (because the trade bombed).
>>
>>89708507

Funny. Comics bring things up and then I go research them on my own and form my own opinion, based on what evidence I can find

Have you considered you might actually be retarded?
>>
>>89716850
they're going to have to seriously up their payscale. Perlmutter is an infamous penny pincher. it's common knowledge DC pays more, and treats their employees better these days.

that being said, i could see Tom King eventually going back to marvel.

Marguerite Bennett, i'm kind of amazed she isn't already there.

John Romita JR will eventually go back for sure, marvel is his home. he's just visiting DC kind of like Bagley did.

everyone at DC seems to be pretty happy at the moment, even Rucka. i don't see too many of their current crop jumping ship completely anytime soon.
>>
>>89716268
I can't wait to see his reaction when someone on Twitter confronts him on his hypocrisy after he inevitably totes the company line and praises Marvel Rebirth. I'm hoping the impending status quo causes him to go full soapbox on Secret Empire, resulting on tanking sales to add spice to things.
>>
>>89719224
I don't agree with Spencer but the dude can tell a story.
Standoff was good.
Hydra Cap show a plotting Captain America (that should have been Zemo).

He should be their top writer. Instead of that, he just continue to be in his shit box.

Marvel should give Hydra Cap to a Republican, let Falcon to Spencer and force them to write together. We would get both side of the argument and two better book because of it.

Why can't he just do his job?
>>
>>89710461
That's possible when you try to capitulate to them too, honestly.
>>
>>89719164
>that being said, i could see Tom King eventually going back to marvel.
Same, I was listening to him on a podcast and he sounds like a Marvelfag
>>
>>89719456
It is never enough with them.
>>
>>89718747
and how is this DC's fault for him to always be sperging on them like he does? why would he get pissed at them for the consumer not wanting to buy his shitty comic that was really just THUNDER Agents in name only. it had good art though. i feel like he was expecting to be hot shit at DC, but they were bringing him along slower than he expected.
>>
>>89716380
>people being freaked out about him is the most understandable thing in the world
No it's not, considering that fear was created by the media. Trump hasn't said or done anything unreasonable. Dem's are just being cry babies, and people are getting sick of it.
>>
...will Black Cat stop being a villain?
>>
>>89719515
i think most people are marvelfags at some point. we wouldn't be posting in this thread if we didn't have a soft spot for marvel at some point. i sure as hell was when i was a kid. it was punisher, ghost rider, and x-men or die for me back then. as i grew older i started gravitating more and more to DC for my capeshit, until all I was reading from marvel at one point was Morrison's New X-Men.
i, like many others, had the stigma that DC was goofy boyscout superfriends shit for little kids, and marvel was the real deal mature stuff. it took becoming an adult to realize that it was always DC that catered to a more mature audience.
>>
>>89719955
>real deal mature stuff
>Ghost Rider

You probably were an edgelord.
>>
>>89720097
i was 13 dude, lol. it was danny ketch ghostrider too
>>
>No new for Deadpool cross-over
Wh..at happened
>>
>>89711738
Fucking this
>>
>>89712067
Quinn is running for Congress
>>
>>89712398
The current Cap plot line is his.

Spencer's was brought in to finish it:
>>
>>89720503
You're thinking of Literally Who 2, not 1.
>>
>>89712600
Bendis brought in Hickman he was in the first few issues of Secret warriors
>>
>>89720548
what about "neo america" or "mega america"
>>
>>89713196
>>89713225
>>89713284
>2016 election in a nutshell
Good times.
So, let's get back on track, favourite superhero from marvel AND D.C., GO!
>>
>reading Guggy comics
>bc
Both trash
>>
>>89720576
>not Neo Mega Maga America
>>
>>89714088
>the culture war is a meme
>violence is actually breaking out in the streets en masse
>ideologues on both sides getting more fervent
>clear separation of sides to boot
Anon I don't know what else to say except WHY CONTAIN IT?
>>
>>89712697
It's Literally one of the single most praised comics in the industry.
>>
>>89720576
I like the sound of Mega America. Will we start using Megabucks as currency?
>>
>>89711867
Can't be anybody from DC everybody's been locked down on exclusive contracts for the next couple years
Except Cucka his Wonder Woman run ends in April.
>>
>>89711610
The weirdos behind her, haha
>>
>>89720563
are the rumors true that hickman also left because of bendis?
>>
File: IMG_2721.jpg (54KB, 768x429px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2721.jpg
54KB, 768x429px
>>89708267
Meanwhile Marvel CEO
>>
>Marvel Comnics are doing something
>/co/ : "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Good God Americans are such faggots
>>
>>89720887

Holy shit we actually have a new picture of Ike!
>>
>>89711610
>>89720842
looks like a bill plympton cartoon
>>
Is this thread too far gone to ask for a source on OP? Because this reads conspicuously like the same faggot that's been posting semi-regularly for the last 8 or 9 months that he's got "INSIDE SOURCES" saying that Marvel is reversing course right after [next big event title goes here] and stop catering to the spooky SJWs and I'm wondering if this is just him posting masturbatory fiction again
>>
>>89720731
>freedom credits
>>
>>89720733
they could be bringing in some of the people who took off to Image >>89711867
we can most likely count out Fraction and Remender. Ellis has Wild Storm coming up for DC. rumors have Hickman possibly doing a DC project.
>>
>>89721079
>catering to the spooky SJWs

You say this like it's a conspiracy that isn't actually true
>>
>>89718777
>tfw to intelligence to detect sarcasm
>>
>>89721220
Gillen is a safe bet.

I'd put money on Gail Simone with Rich saying Deadpool was getting a bigger push after his event.

Cucka will probably show up if he leaves Wonder Woman.

Hickman might still be on good terms though he did shit all over their X-men announcement.

Brubaker would probably be the biggest get but I can't imagine him giving a shit considering he's writing for Westworld.
>>
>>89721079
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/06/marvels-big-plans-2017-never-mind-politics/
>>
>>89721395

Bru's said he's basically done with big 2.

I don't see any of the Image people coming back. Most of them left partly because the big 2 grind worn them out.
>>
File: Mayday_Spider-Girl.jpg (129KB, 478x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mayday_Spider-Girl.jpg
129KB, 478x720px
>>89711867
Marvel should bring back Tom DeFalco. Hasn't he expressed interest in writing a new Spider-Girl book?
>>
>>89721278

They're not a spooky conspiracy. They are however, a bunch of faggots that Marvel and other companies mistake as what they think normies are like. It's like appeasing to soccer mums.
>>
>>89716380
Obama called Romney "history's greatest monster", and then kissed his ass when a Republican that didn't play nice came along. Sad!
>>
>>89721395
i can see rucka fucking off away from comics for awhile to write another novel. apparently he and marvel didn't part on the best of terms the last time he worked for them

>>89721502
this is depressing. i was really hoping Bru would take another ride on the DC train. getting him involved in the bat books again would be a godsend
>>
>>89719784
hopeful. or at least stop being a antagonist
>>
>>89721509
DeFalco for Marvel EIC! Alonso cuck and his wife can fuck off
>>
>>89708306
>brings back the X-Men line with a bang
Resurrxion's lineup is largely total trash
>>
>>89721985
the x-men are going to be living in central park. in the actual park, like a zoo exhibit. kitty is the leader, even though storm is on the team. this is going to be a dumpster fire of a book... shipping bi-monthly
>>
>>89721509
>>89721799
Serious question: How is the relationship between DeFalco and Marvel these days? The last thing he wrote for them was that Mayday back-up story in Spider-Island. Can we assume that he even though he doesn't work for them anymore that they are on relatively good terms?
>>
>>89712571
There are plenty of legacy characters that are good, even ones that didn't start out that way. All it takes is a talented creative team to bring something new to the table.
>>
>>89722089
Never heard anything about bad terms, so... I guess?

he was kind of garbage as editor-in-chief though, I mean yeah Alonso is too but I wouldn't count on DeFalco to fix things
>>
>>89722089
i was just joking, defalco was a terrible eic. although my retarded dog could do a better job than alonso.
defalco does stuff for archie comics now, but if marvel had somthing for him, he'd probably do it.
>>
>>89719164
>Marguerite Bennett, i'm kind of amazed she isn't already there.

DC Gym membership. And she got DC Bombshells, which is her lesbian sandbox.
>>
>>89722413
i wonder if they could transform slott into a DChad if he ever jumped ship

she looks tall
>>
Expect Secret Empire's artist(s) and covers of the first few issues to be announced this or next week.

>>89708306
>implying Spencer just submitted the scripts for #0, FCBD issue, and #1 at the time of this writing

>>89711867
>Marvel's next relaunch is in the works featuring big talents on major titles but synergy will be retained
>>
>>89708267
Hydra wins the Electoral College?
>>
>>89711113
Heroic Age was good. The last gasp before Marvel went SJW and it became ruined

I've been waiting since secret wars 2 ended to buy a marvel comic again. Maybe now I will.
>>
>>89710461
Everything pisses off SJWs, anon. Even SJWs piss off SJWs. It's not really an accomplishment pissing them off since simply being a straight white male is enough to make them chimp out. Hack Spencer is a left-wing piece of shit whose "political explorations" are nothing more than neodem soapboxing.
>>
>>89711738
And bingo was his name-o. Yes; once upon a time blacks and gays were treated poorly. But now? They're fucking venerated in the media and pop culture and have been for years. Gay marriage has been legalized country-wide and we just had 8 years of a black president. It's time to move on to actual REAL political issues affecting the world today if you insist on continuing to write about politics.
>>
>>89718777
are you autism?
>>
>>89710786
yes, a page from fucking Bendis!
>>
>>89722149
>>89722251
Yeah I wouldn't want DeFalco to become EIC. I just want him to come back as a writer and write some new Spider-Girl or hell really anything having to do with the MC2-verse. I've been really interested in that universe lately.
>>
>>89724393
Oooooh.
Is that why there's so many bedwetting closet-case SJWs complaining about Iceman having come out of the closet?
>>
>>89724806
dude we only have like 10% /pol/ populaion the 80% /co/mblr guys on the other hand are gona shit storm every marlel tread like theres no tomorrow
>>
>>89719955
>i think most people are marvelfags at some point.
Nope.
>we wouldn't be posting in this thread if we didn't have a soft spot for marvel at some point.
I'm just here to laugh at the trainwreck
>>
>>89708306
>I am told that Marvel knows that the upcoming Secret Empire is probably too political for some readers given this current climate but they are in too deep to change direction on it now

I have to wonder, how goddamn thin skinned do you have to be over a fictitious Nazi organization taking over the country in a superhero story to be so triggered over it? This sort of story has been done multiple times in the past, and the only real difference is that the hero is brainwashed into being the main bad guy.
>>
>>89725186
marvel have the firmly idea that if you aren as progresive and tolerant as them then you are basicaly a nazi and now that the guy they didnt like (who is basicaly hitler by the way) they put this litlle charade abouth how evil forces take over the whithe house. And pls before you say something rember than marvel are comparing hydra with conservationism at the moment
>>
>>89725306

But this storyline was in the works way before the election. The seeds were planted as far back as Standoff, and that itself means it over a year ago that the idea was even concocted. You're clearly just projecting your own bias into it.
>>
File: smoochy.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
smoochy.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>89724871
No, people complain about Icekid coming out of the closet because it was so poorly done and came out of nowhere.

He has a conversation with Jean out of nowhere and suddenly he's gay. Despite decades of established history with Iceman liking the ladies, which is all handwaved away in like 2 speech bubbles with him just being so deep in the closet he doesn't even know he's in it.

And then after that being gay became the focal point of Icekid's character, where it just completely obliterated any other traits of the character. Every time he came up in a scene it was something to do with his sexuality or angsting about his sexuality. He'd be hitting on cute cashiers or other characters would be wingmanning for him at gay bars. Outside of obligatory team fights that was like all he did anymore.

And this all culminated in him falling in love at first sight with some Inhuman conveniently named Romeo, for whom he betrays and abandons all of his teammates and friends who have fought at his side and bled together for and who have saved his life and vice versa, despite literally having met this dude last week. He even says "I'll switch sides, I'll fight."

tl;dr: people are complaining about the overt tokenism and pandering at the cost of the character's integrity (both in and out of universe) more than anything else.
>>
>>89725489

Basically, when he was straight, he was loyal and upstanding. When he became gay, he'd become a two faced slut.

How progressive of Marvel.
>>
>>89724871
I hear this shit all the time and it doesn't hold water.
First off the board invaders who troll every thread that has their target subject matter never have even a basic level of comic knowledge.
That's not a "/co/umbr" regular, idiot.
Then there's the fact that they're always actively pushing an obvious /pol/ agenda that has nothing to do with the comic.
That's not the reason /co/ regulars go to comic threads, idiot.
And they always shit all over the comics and demand everyone stop reading it in some meme-magic /pol/praganda effort to somehow hurt Marvel's sales with the power of their shit argument.
It's a predictable /pol/ formula used to troll other boards, idiot.

And when you try to engage in an actual /co/nversation with facts and page grabs they throw it back in your face as if paying attention to the comics is reason to be ridiculed.
Does that sound like a /co/ regular, idiot?

It's fucking "/co/umblr", you idiot. As in; "Hey they're as liberal and pro-gay agenda as Tumbr over at /co/."
It's not as if somebody NOT from /pol/ is going to push this ignorant hatespeech here without any understanding of the comics.
The assholes who read the comics and complain have actual complaints involving years of comic knowledge. That's the difference.
Fucking /pol/ imbeciles... It's all that Aryan inbreeding they promote over there that does this.
>>
>>89725489
>>89725547

The execution of Bobby turning gay was poorly executed. Hopeless exaggerating it and making him timid (when he had no problem hitting on girls) wasn't very well done. Immediately falling for a guy called Romeo was also dumb.

However him finding the the Inhumans/X-men fight to be dumb and wanting to have nothing to do with it and instead choosing to run away with his Inhuman boyfriend is one of the few sensible decisions in the past two years done with Iceman.
>>
>>89725489
Yeah, that's what the criticism of gay Icelad SHOULD sound like, because it's completely correct.

But instead, 90% of it is just triggered fedora kids going "OH NOES A GAY HOMO IN MUH COMIC BUUUUK!" And they'd still be making the exact same complaints if it had been written well.
>>
>>89725397
the working title was hydra wars and if you think bendis and the rest of marlel work more than 6 months ahead you are fuking delutional
>>
>>89708267
>>There has also been reaction from some fan communities and retailers to these kind of stories as having no place in superhero comics, despite all the many examples that have preceded it. Maybe it’s a little more obvious now? Maybe everyone is interpreting everything politically? Maybe fans wish for a time when they didn’t realise their superhero comics had political elements?
Maybe the writing is so ham fisted it's like taking a 2x4 to the face.

>>89708306
>They also believe firmly that it’s a quality book
Just like the pile of turds that was civil war 2?

>>89708703
>Or rather, I'll keep reading them, I just won't be paying for it.
I've been doing this with marvel for a few years now.

>>89711352
Yes.
>>
>>89725592
look at you, look how mutch you typed, how fucking trigered you are, i woudnt be surprised if you are literaly shaken rigth now
>>
>>89711352

And that list just meant those countries would have to go through more thorough vetting when applying visas, etc. and at no point were the citizens or refugees from these places automatically banned from being able to come to America.
>>
>>89725592
As if Marlel needs an alt-right numerical kabbalah/frog worshiping to hurt his sales, they can do it by themselves
>>
>>89725655

Working title means nothing, it's just a placeholder until they decide what to call it, and when you're meant to be building a major event centered around the concept of Cap being made into a sleeper Hydra Agent, then yeah, you plan ahead more than six months. Even if you mostly have a rough outline what needs to happen between the build up and the actual event over a year away.
>>
>>89725654
I wouldn't say 90%, especially not when it was fresh. It was 50/50 legit argument and whining.

And that's even greater in favor arguments of the whole thing being poorly executed depending on if and how you count the whole "Jean made Bobby gay with her psychic powers" meme. Which to this day still holds a frightening amount of water.
>>
>>89712306
Honest question:
Do the general people in the MU know he's black?
I thought his suit covered him entirely.
>>
>>89725704
> a couple of black characters
the problem aint the race the problem is that it is forced pandering with shity writhing
>their CEO is a fucking Trump advisor
welp i think that makes the progresive writhers and their readers fuking hypocrates im i rigth
>>
>>89725805
>forced pandering with shity writhing

Marvel is brainwashing people by doing the Twist? How odd, I don't remember much subliminal dance numbers in the comics.
>>
>>89725780
> rough outline
and they still fuked it up so hard that they are already apologizing
>>
File: Bobby-1458589506235.jpg (114KB, 606x384px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby-1458589506235.jpg
114KB, 606x384px
>>89725547
Who? That speedo-wearing guy who's always saying those snarky, inappropriately timed comments and flirtatious jokes nonstop?
The one who has smeyes and can't maintain a serous relationship with any woman despite his constant proclamations of how he wants to just settle down and live like a normal person?
You know, that one who is always being told by his fellow mutants to just grow up, be serious, and accept who and what he is so that he can meet his full potential?

Dude, he's so straight. You /pol/ shitposters called it.
>>
>>89725597
>choosing to run away with his Inhuman boyfriend is one of the few sensible decisions

But Icekid didn't choose to do it. Read the part again. Icekid frees Romeo and tells him that he's willing to switch to the Inhumans' side and fight against the X-Men, which would mean taking shots at his friendsm Idie and Evan, who have both been helping push him into the relationship with Romeo. That's how far he was willing to go.

Thank christ Romeo was a bit more clearheaded and didn't want to shove Bobby into that kind of position where he'd be fighting his friends and suggested that they just leave the battle.
>>
>>89725800
he speak like a black person no mask is gona hide that
>>
>>89725818
i bet you remember the kool aid
>>
>>89708267
>X-Men comics’ new lead writer
Yay.
>Arrow co-creator/showrunner
Kill me.
>>
>>89725839
okay I might remember the details slightly wrong, but he does still end up just getting away from the fight, and he was clearly not comfortable with the whole aggressor approach.
>>
>>89714581
Just have the real Jean show back up. Undo what teenjean did. And tell her to knock that shit off.

Then have her die again.
>>
>>89725894
You're right he wasn't comfortable with the attack. And they would have let him sit it out beforehand if he had put his foot down. But he chose to come and in so choosing his duty to his team and friends was clear. He owes giving them 100%, but walks out in the middle of the fight. That's already desertion.

And it's all to the credit of Romeo to keep Icekid from sliding completely over into the traitor camp, cause if Romeo had asked it if him, he probably would have gone back in there and pinching at Kid Apocalypse's nose with his cruel frosts. And that's real dangerous cause Evan's nose is already blue so he'd never know if he got frostbite.
>>
>>89725800
A blogger saw past his torn up post-battle costume. I guess ripped spandex onesies don't cover everything. Go figure.
>>
>>89725954
>And they would have let him sit it out beforehand if he had put his foot down. But he chose to come and in so choosing his duty to his team and friends was clear.

But they're painting Bobby as someone who's the timid kid, especially when it comes to difficult personal decisions. He wouldn't have the guts to make a stand like that. The real reason Bobby goes along with the others is because he wants to go to the citadel to make sure Romeo is okay.

>He owes giving them 100%, but walks out in the middle of the fight. That's already desertion.

If the cause is wrong, he doesn't own them anything. And like it or not the, they're writing the X-men to be the bad guys in the story. The entire logic of the event is retarded, but they are the ones attacking, jailing and in some cases, killing Inhumans.
>>
>>89724859
Bullshit. I have no doubt SJWs loved "more gay representation"
>>
File: 12512432423.jpg (116KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
12512432423.jpg
116KB, 600x449px
>>89708267
Marvel's going to really need to haul ass, if they expect me to ever purchase another one of their books again. I swore them off almost five years ago and, from the discussions I've seen, I don't regret it one bit.
>>
>>89724464
That would require them to mention sandpeople. And if you don't talk about them in glowing terms at all times. They have a tendency to explode. Both literally and figuratively.
>>
>>89708267
>X-Men comics’ new lead writer Marc Guggenheim
>the guy that literally made the New X-Men toxic
yeah, sure...
>>
>>89724859
I think that was less about homosexuality and more about rewriting a character's sexuality after more than 50 years in a single page. And doing it just for the sake of having a homosexual. Nobody liked it.
>>
>>89726179

And the fact that it was basically Jean telling Bobby he was gay. And then she was dragged into the meeting of O5 and adult Bobby to do the same with adult version of Bobby.
>>
File: WarryBoy-1461182136329-2.jpg (84KB, 431x650px) Image search: [Google]
WarryBoy-1461182136329-2.jpg
84KB, 431x650px
>>89726179
Pay attention much?
Or did you miss the coverart where he buttfucked Thor?
>>
>>89726241

>I'm afraid of women because they turn you gay! THAT'S why I hate everything about them!

Irony much?
>>
>>89726296
>implying the fujo menace wouldn't turn men gay if they could

Gas the muties race war now!!
>>
>>89726264
Do you have that one page of classic iceman where everyone is getting excited about one of the female X-men showing up and he's just going "Psh, what's the big deal? It's a girl!"
>>
>>89720503
Thats Brianna Wu
>>
File: 1482787322753.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482787322753.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>89725489
>No, people complain about Icekid coming out of the closet because it was so poorly done and came out of nowhere.
I complain because he gets a boring side-plot about being gay in every book he's in and he is in every fucking book. There's fucking two of him after all.
Captcha:NOGAL
>>
File: gay.jpg (335KB, 600x1075px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
335KB, 600x1075px
>>89726264
>>89726319
>>
File: 1486423391173.png (863KB, 976x643px) Image search: [Google]
1486423391173.png
863KB, 976x643px
>>89716903
THE Brian Bendis.
>>
>>89726319
No, but I have the pages of his origin story where he's on his third date with a girl talking about musicals and when she asks him if he's at all interested in her his answer is interrupted by his being targeted for a hate-crime.

Will that make all those nervous feardy-pants feels of yours go away?
>>
>>89720887
god he looks old. My image of a forever youthful Ike has been shattered.
>>
File: gayest.jpg (178KB, 626x950px) Image search: [Google]
gayest.jpg
178KB, 626x950px
>>89726264
>>
>>89720887
So now we have a grand total of three pictures of Ike?
>>
>>89708267
It's far too damn late

While something like Bullseyes certainly can be put in a position of Marvel attempting to do Marvel Knights - the magic is already gone and the bridges burnt, it's just trying to mimic what came before.
>>
>>89726404
THAT'S how all the REAL hetero MEN from /pol/ kiss girls.
Just look at that macho posture. Look at the passion. Look how much he made her swoon.
How could anyone have ever thought he was in the closet and trying to conform to nonexistent social pressures after seeing THAT image?

Case closed. Case closed.

>>89726520
You need to actually learn how to read one of these days.
Think long and hard, strain your brain, and try to figure out where you went wrong here.

HINT: did you stop to question why exactly that pic and the pic where he's holding Thor from (ahem) behind were BOTH relevant to that storyline? Those aren't women he's had sex with, moron: they're the long list of ladies he's canon failed to satisfy.
>>
>>89726672
FYI: Cloud there at the top of that page isn't entirely female. "Heads up"
>>
>>89726550
It's 200% more than we had till like 3 months ago
>>
What's with this Iceman denial?

This crap is starting to look like a symptom of insanity.
You have the character come out of the closet. That is a fact. It happened. Big whup? Is to them...
Then come these insane headcanons to make "gay" not be real. So insecure anons who are obviously somehow threatened by this can browbeat a board with the lie that Iceman's somehow NOT REALLY gay.
Even though the comic stories still somehow exist(?)...
And as if that would really make their obvious personal issues with homosexuality go away.
It's the woman's fault! She messed with his pubescent mind like some sort of doting mother who we don't have here to blame.
Feminism! Liberal values! Tolerance! That's to blame! In-universe or as a (somehow) illegitimate motivation for the writer-S- (PLURAL) in real life!
Not that these anons have any experience with reality...
And time and time again it always comes back to having to explain to these bigots what "in-the-closet" means.
Because their arguments always inevitably return to "b-but he said he was straight and dated g-g-girls!"
Do we have to continue to explain the same thing to insane people for the rest of time?
These shitposters are not contributing to board discussion, they are actively trying to shut board discussion down with this homophobe flamewar shit.
Let's just report them and hope a mod one day does their job.
>>
>>89711919
Ellis is always right. Now scoot before I unleash the arse eels on you.
>>
Seriously. If they don't hire editors and good writers, this "rebirth" will be a bluff.

>>89726918
Go back to bed, Warren. You're drunk again.
>>
>>89720887
>dat "do I look like a charity to you?" face
>>
>>89726963
Are there any free-range talents left to scoop up?
I haven't seen much to impress from the indie scene.
And it's been a long time since Image made it the "Big Three", even Wildstorm got gobbled up.
Back in the day an artist or writer could make the companies compete for their pencil, these days non-compete contracts are the difference between a steady paycheck and drawing superheroes in a homeless shelter.
The teams have all been picked, all that's left is to play ball.
>>
>>89726913
He isn't gay.
>>
File: Silk_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg (368KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Silk_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg
368KB, 800x1200px
>Spider-man is old business, now you have the first ever female asian superhero instead!
>Solo book cancelled and now she's stuck in team books

top kek
>>
>>89726913
you know man i fully stand for creative freedom, even if you want to make a female superhero that kicks a guy in the nuts and screams patriarchy
but i also belive in the free market and if people dont like this sorth of comics then they wont buy it simple as that
andd making a character gay for the sake of it doesnt exactly sell any comics and its not like there is a problem with too many comics being sold this day and age
>>
>>89727900
Dat gap, though.
>>
>>89726264
>thinking a character is gay based on out of context panels
Hello tumblr
>>
>>89717848
Whoever wrote this is retarded
>Bad guy was elected by the people
>Uses a microphone as a weapon
>Meaning that his power is words
>Defeats 3 radical people that use violence as part of their identity
Tell me how the guy with the mic isn't the hero on this page?
>>
>>89719164
Can they get Ennis back to finally that Nam Frank book
>>
>>89718777
Your stupidity counteracts your trips
>>
>>89708267
This is written so condescendingly.
>Marvel TRIED to make something good and sophisticated for mature adults such as myself, but I guess that's not what you philistine want in your funnybooks so it'll all go back to the braindead shit it was before.
>>
>>89716268
>Takes every opportunity to take potshots at DC for his Marvel overlords
>Marvel is about to discard him like a used diaper after Secret Empire
>Will never work a major publisher again
Remember Superior Foes? Remember all the wonderful possibilities back then? Why did you need to be so #woke, Spencer?
>>
>>89726913
>/co/mblr totally isn't real guys
>>
>>89719412
This. Hydra CAP is very enjoyable
>>
>>89728556
Secret Avengers is his best stuff
>>
>>89726325
Who is that girl?
>>
>>89708306
Damn, I hope this is fake and Marvel doesn't scrap their shit. It's funny watching them flounder.
>>
>>89728901
Quinn queen of the fat girl angles
>>
>>89708321

YES

YES

YES

But will we ever see Donald Trump's Captain America? Can it be comic-book Chris Kyle? I want the new Captain America to be the whitest boy of all time.
>>
>>89710961

Oh no, the humanity. Think of the gays, women and Muslims. What will we ever do without diversity.
>>
>>89729259
USAgent?
>>
>>89729259

Me too. I want Cap to start bashing low-ranking judges who fill their houses with niglets and plot to destroy a democratically elected leader. Fuck Thanos.
>>
>>89728920
That's ok. "Too Little, Too Late" is the vibe I'm getting.

The lessons of Ghostbusters 2016 had to sink in sometime.
>>
>>89712216

Exactly. This is why we have all the 'legacy characters' edging out the old. Like, if I had to choose between Token Minority Iron Heart and Iron Man, you know what I'd say "Who the fuck is Iron Heart? A Japanese porn star? I want to read about Tony instead."

Same for Whor and Thor. "I don't give a fuck about some knockoff, let me read about Thor, the God of Thunder."

If they weren't being crammed down our throats, no-one would read them. It's why the all-female Ghostbusters movie was, well, Ghostbusters. If it was 'Ghost Hunters', it would have sunk without a trace.

Just check the sales figures. Sam Wilson is doing way, way worse that Steve.
>>
>>89729259
>>89729386
B-but Marvel always was progressive!
>>
>>89729374

Not far enough. US Agent is still a bit liberal. I want to see a Captain America who is earnest about building the war, and is completely outspoken about "Yes, I killed savages. I'm proud of fighting for Mom, Pop and apple pie."

Seriously, James Newman from The Chosen series would be a perfect fit. He's already a Marine, and he's already a psuedo-Captain America in that timeline as part of Project: Multitude.
>>
File: John Walker02.jpg (983KB, 1280x1973px) Image search: [Google]
John Walker02.jpg
983KB, 1280x1973px
>>89729374
He's already shown up in Captain Falcon. Now he is MIA in Afghanistan or somewhere, probably because Captain Hydra told him to take a poke at Falcon.
>>
>>89715528

I want to see a crackdown, to be honest. When do the police and the National Guard start bashing in heads?
>>
>>89729449
So you want Ultimate Captain America in 616.
>>
>>89720097

Man, don't be so hard on him.

I remember reading the Danny Ketch Ghost Rider. While the stories weren't that good, I remember that he had a dying sister. My own sister was dying of cancer, then, and something about the comic really spoke to me. There was something very haunted and hopeless about Ketch, even in his Ghost Rider moments. Like he couldn't run away from what he was really going through.
>>
>>89725836

Oh, you mean like the Human Torch? Is he a faggot too, you cocksucker?
>>
>>89716380
Obama never should of endorsed Hillary and should of put his weight behind Sanders getting the democratic nomination
>>
File: just as planned.jpg (153KB, 750x905px) Image search: [Google]
just as planned.jpg
153KB, 750x905px
>Marvel panders to sjws
>DC sales go up the roof
>Marvel panders to neo-nazis
>DC sales go up the stratosphere
>>
>>89712121
Even worse, can you imagine tying to film the printed dreck that Marvel produced over the last 5 years?
>>
>>89729533

Yes. What was so bad about Ultimate Captain America? When he was written by Millar, he behaved the way you'd expect a man from - you know - the 40s to actually behave.

Like, he was a good man and a patriot. But he was also racist, old-timey in his attitude, and staunchly conservative. It's not like he didn't have a point that the Wasp was a slut, for instance. Or that the modern world was a shithole compared to the Greatest Generation.
>>
>>89729611
2edgy4me, son.
>>
>>89729646

Dude, he was the least edgy thing about the comics. In fact, everyone was more edgy compared to him! Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were incestuous terrorists. Hank Pym was an abusive husband and a complete coward. The Hulk was a mass-murderer. Black Widow and Hawkeye were government assassins.

And Captain America, the guy with old-timey values, is the most objectionable of the lot? He was a saint compared to them. Your brain is rotting in your skull, man.
>>
>>89711404
>People liked the legacy characters though.

Maybe so, but those people didn't actually buy the comics.

Marvel would have to stay Identity politics free for 2 years & lay off the misandry before I become a subscriber again.
>>
>>89729677
It's relative
>>
>>89729677
He was still edgy when he kicked Banner in the teeth after he had already surrendered.
>>
>>89729677
Whatever, grandpa.
>>
>>89711404

People did? Which ones? No-one liked the female Thor, and black Spidey was super-boring. Asian Hulk was a non-entity.

The only one who had any staying power was Muslim Ms. Marvel, and she didn't actually act like a Muslim. The really weird thing is that Kamala's behavior is extraordinarily shocking for - you know - a Muslim girl, and I regularly work with them at the office.

It's like the writers had a fantasy idea of what a Muslim family is like, the way some people have an idealized Japan of sushi and samurai.
>>
>>89729706

Banner just killed hundreds of people and tried to kill Captain America. Kicking him in the teeth was actually really restrained.
>>
>>89729714
Whor was a top seller, though she's been sliding down.
Ms. Marvel is based off of Sana Amanat's life. Growing up I also knew a Muslim grill who acted pretty much like a regular person.
>>
>>89729722
But that wasn't him, it was the Hulk. He just wanted super powers, he didn't want to become a mass murdering would-be rapist.
>>
>>89729733

It's weird. I'm Singaporean, and Muslim girls universally wear the headscarf here. (I don't know whether polygamy is allowed in the states, because most Muslim families here are polygamous.)
>>
>>89729757

He was still trying to weasel his way out of it at the end. He'd just killed hundreds of people, and he was completely avoiding all responsibility.

He was basically Otacon's dad from Metal Gear.
>>
File: SWT.jpg (76KB, 548x763px) Image search: [Google]
SWT.jpg
76KB, 548x763px
>>89729722
>>89729677
>>89729611
>>89729449
>>89729259
>>
>>89729714
Chulk was fantastic until the artist changed from Cho to a dog wearing boxing gloves.
>>
>>89729770
I hated Huey too, but Kaz breaking his leg like that out of revenge for losing his limbs was still way out of line.
Putting him on a boat with supplies and shrugging over whether or not he'd be able to make it to civilization before starving/dehydrating was funny though.
>>
>>89729800

Kaz did that because Huey was responsible for the death of dozens of men. It honestly seems that Huey was more of a fucking idiot and weasel than a deliberate traitor, but murdering his own wife was a shitty thing to do.

And you know, I can see Kaz taking the loss of his limbs and being blinded rather personally.
>>
>>89710469
>oh no an artist is trying to tell a message I don't like with his art
>>
>>89729774
Are you talking shit about Davis or Del Mundo?

If so, not cool, man.
>>
>>89729833
I know, right? If only there was some way of not reading a book I'm not liking! Alas, not even the greatest scientists of Earth can provide such a solution.
>>
>>89729833

No-one would complain if they presented an alternative, but they don't. For comics, it's liberal values or nothing. It's how Peter has been the target of a long-term character assassination, so more Miles.

Or how they had to age Steve so Sam could replace him. Or how Banner had to die so Cho could be Hulk. Or how Wolverine died so X-23 could take over, or how Thor had to lose the hammer so Jane could be Thor instead.

You see the pattern? It's malicious, that's what it is. Don't piss on me and say it's raining.
>>
File: Captain America14.jpg (386KB, 1024x1573px) Image search: [Google]
Captain America14.jpg
386KB, 1024x1573px
>>89729677
The only time I liked U Cap was when he beat the shit out of U Pym.
>>
>>89729864

No, no, the time for that is over. We've already seen how the left is insatiable, and spreads like a disease. Now it has to be cut out wherever you find that creeping cancer, because otherwise it'd spread to everything. Videogames, comics, tabletop gaming, science fiction and fantasy novels were all infected, and we're only now beginning to truly fight back. All realms of media have to been cleansed, block by bloody block.
>>
>>89729906
I liked Fahrenheit 451 too.
>>
>>89729918

I know right? Thank God for Donald Trump, or we'd have been cast out like pariahs. Now, there's hope.
>>
>>89729940
No there isn't. Drumpf is also very sensitive to trigger warnings.
>>
>>89729870
But then Steve Rogers is back, but then he's a villain. And also, Banner didn't die when Chulk was first introduced, it was only thanks to BENDIS that Hulk died. And we also have Old Man Logan too with X-23. And also, Thor Odinson is also being brought back as the THOR.

Still, I get why you may be sorta upset , but you should get better informed if you wanna throw shit ar something.

And the problem is that at this point, they've gone too stupidly with those comparisons/mash-ins between real-life and comics.
>>
>>89729966

Exactly. After a while, you realize that there's no such thing as the moral high ground. There is Our Side and Theirs. What's important is winning, not quibbling about the 'fairness' of the argument. The mistake we made the first time was allowing for compromise: The other side didn't want compromise, they wanted the whole hog.

Well, now we're taking all of it back, forever. Let them fight for scraps, this time we're kicking them to death. By the time Trump is done, we'll be more conservative than the 50s.
>>
>>89730018
Get out of here, anon. You're drunk.
>>
>>89729974
It's pretty obvious that they realized creating new, popular characters was too hard so they'd just try to replace all the old favorites with diversity and hope they remain just as popular.
>>
>>89730044

I've honestly just given up. Everyone's too polarized now, I might as well pick the side that I prefer and stick with it. I'm just sick of everything the Left tried to push forward.

Donald Trump is an idiot and a lot of his supporters are actual Nazis. But honestly, I'm rather be a Nazi than a second-class citizen in my own country. Like, I know it's bad, but I have to do what's best for me.

I've also grown to dislike gays, black people and feminists, so I honestly can't say I'll feel sorry for them.
>>
File: 1486476787893.png (395KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1486476787893.png
395KB, 1080x1920px
>>89708267
NOOO! We need them now more than ever
>>
>>89730092

These people are really stupid. I mean, violence is bad for everyone, but the Right is the side with all the guns.

It's like, the Right is paradoxically slow to actually beat people up, but once it gets moving there are fucking bodies in the streets. Do people actually WANT mass killings?
>>
File: 6546545645132.png (172KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
6546545645132.png
172KB, 500x286px
>>89730051
Or maybe Marvel's big issue is that they have fucking dumb writers who for their life of them can't into legacy characters?

May that be the reason why we had such a shitshow like CW2?
Or why Champions is getting buried so quickly?
>>
>>89730151
They caught lightning in a bottle with Kamala Ms. Marvel. They took they it out back and shot it with CW2.
>>
>>89730092
>leftists learning to fight like real men
Give 'em Stalingrad, comrades!
>>
>>89730186

Are Leftists in fact Communists? I mean, Soviet Russia, China and so on are not shining examples of free speech, diversity and liberal values. They were actually repressive as fuck.

Isn't there a disconnect there?
>>
File: smiling.jpg (50KB, 272x554px) Image search: [Google]
smiling.jpg
50KB, 272x554px
>>89730130
>you cannot defeat someone who has a gun
That's what I always tell criminals, but noooo...

>>89730213
Nigga pls, now that USA is cutting itself off the world China will be the most important nation.
>>
>>89730213
they also aren't REAL communism because REAL communism has never been tried before ever
>>
>>89730223
>this fictional character can do it so can I!
just a special kind of stupid
>>
>>89730250
>has never heard of real-life superheroes
I knew you were new here.
>>
>>89730223

Don't fuck with people with guns, man. Especially not the people who have been longing for the day they get to shoot someone.
>>
>>89730280
>people with guns want to be murderers
Tell me something I don't know.
>>
>>89730300
I own guns to hunt and shoot targets. The idea of killing another human turns my stomach.

So fuck you.
>>
>>89730336
>targets
Nice euphemism, bro.
>>
>>89730092

What really surprises me is that so many women think they can fight the right-wing. Like, when male-on-female violence happens, it's really ugly for the woman. This isn't hyperbole, it's just that generally no-one wants to see women get beaten or for men to start hitting back. It's exceptionally awful when it does happen.

Trump is destroying basic decency and the Left is gleefully helping him for some reason. When the violence actually happens, it's going to be more brutal than people can imagine.
>>
File: nazi btfo.webm (920KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
nazi btfo.webm
920KB, 720x1280px
>>89730368
sometimes it's okay
>>
>>89730276
I wouldn't really use them as an example of people good at dealing with armed resistance since they're typically using methods and targeting crimes that are likely not to get them shot at. Like break up drunk fights and make sure dealer blocks are places dealers don't want to deal.
They're really just flashy volunteers but most aren't retarded enough to pick fights with people who will shoot them.
>>
>>89730397

Sure. And if her boyfriend shot that man, or beat him? Would that be okay too?

Because at some point, someone's going to pull a gun and then things will get really ugly indeed.
>>
>>89710411
This is what pisses me off about Rich.

He thinks he is better than the talent AND the readers.
>>
>>89730368
The left has been destroying decency for years by supporting the hyper liberal tumblr crazies. Trump getting elected just riled up those fucking idiots and all the assholes are using it as an excuse to riot and steal
>>
>>89730420
of course not her boyfriend is a fascist I'm sure it's his fault she was even wearing the hat in the first place
>>
File: republican-tears.jpg (32KB, 400x700px) Image search: [Google]
republican-tears.jpg
32KB, 400x700px
>this thread
>>
>>89730420
Shot him? Probably not. Punch him? That would probably be legal self defense/defense of his gf. If he goes whole hog on the dude then it'll probably stop being defense.
>>
>>89730448

So you support women getting pepper-sprayed if they're rooting for the 'wrong side'?

I'm fucking with you. I don't think women should be subject to any special protection.
>>
This page is devoted making fun of marvel fanboys that fuck Trump .
>>
>>89730336
>white man who loves guns
>doesn't have the balls to start a Racial Holy War
Sissy.
>>
>>89730232
>>89730213
The more amusing disconnect between Leftards and Communism is their unwillingness to recognize everything Marx said against identity politics - namely that your gender is irrelevant to the benefit of the state, that fat people are an example of everything wrong with the state, and that you cannot serve a religion before you serve the state.

Leftards have never been real Communists because they think "What can the state do for my fellow man?" instead of "What can I do for my fellow man?". Their interest in helping the world is disingenuous because they want to be fed before they feed others.
>>
>>89730475
>subject to any special protection
Not being beaten for rooting for the wrong side is not a "special protection", since it implies that being beaten for the wrong political beliefs its the norm.
>>
>>89730513

It's the same thing with the Left and Muslims. I'm like, have you guys even seen what majority-Muslim nations are like? They're the most repressive nations on earth! They treat women like pack animals you can occasionally put your penis in.

I just don't get it, really.
>>
File: 1486365126391.jpg (102KB, 921x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486365126391.jpg
102KB, 921x960px
>>89730522
there's a difference between "wrong political beliefs" and being a fucking nazi
>>
>>89730572
>being a fucking nazi
Right now we have them in this thread, copypasting.
>>
American Woman and Man like to fuck him .
>>
>>89730572

This is a bad comic, because the Nazi was playing fair and the woman was cheating. Sure, one guy is reprehensible, but he was observing the letter of the law and the other wasn't.
>>
>>89730572
Someone being a nazi is no excuse to engage in violence. Also how does wearing a MAGA hat make a nazi?
>>
>>89730572
So where's the porn of the Skinhead fucking the tumblr girl?
If you cum I get to kill your whole family
Deal
>>
>>89730584
Don't worry, we're close to 500 posts and autosage.

>>89730607
>Nazis can be peaceful
Nazi confirmed.
>>
>>89730572
Death threats are illegal, so no assault is necessary. Assault is also illegal. "It was self-defense against his words" doesn't hold up in court.
>>
File: 1486070327325.png (144KB, 915x664px) Image search: [Google]
1486070327325.png
144KB, 915x664px
>>89730607
>oh no the poor nazis
>>
File: 1484924939803.jpg (119KB, 738x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484924939803.jpg
119KB, 738x800px
>>89730572
>people who don't agree with me are nazis
>>
>>89730641
Cap punched Nazi soldiers during war time and there are multiple panels where he says that attacking people over their words is wrong.
>>
>>89730641

This is completely true, by the way. You assault Nazis, and they'll get violent. It's lose-lose either way.

You see, people don't see it as "Yes, you punched a Nazi!" They see it as "The Left is violent. They're attacking people. I better buy a gun and learn how to use it. I might be a target. If they're coming for me, I better shoot first."

That's how you get massacres.
>>
>>89730646
Delicious nazi tears.
>>
>>89730621
>>Nazis can be peaceful
>Nazi confirmed.
So you are saying that if someone wants people to practice their political ideas in peace without the threat of violence makes someone a nazi?
>>
>>89730671
>living in the USA
>ever
That place is full white trash, anon. If you're human, get out of there as soon as you can.

>>89730674
>>89730672
>>
>>89730685

I'm a straight white male, man. I know which side my bread is buttered on. Like, if you're a German in the time of the Third Reich, you'd be really stupid for not supporting Hitler, right?

It's like that woman who was Goebbel's secretary. She gave no fucks about anything besides her own prosperity, died at a ripe old age, and felt absolutely no guilt. Ideally I aspire to that.
>>
>>89730397
That blonde with the long hair is a nazi? And is the interviewer the one pepperspraying her, or is it someone who came in from his right?
>>
>>89730672
>>89730685
The fact that you call anyone that disabows political violence a nazi while saying that punching nazis is the right thing to do only shows how bigoted and bloodthirsty you are.
>>
>>89730671
>You see, people don't see it as "Yes, you punched a Nazi!"
where you under a rock the day it happened?

if it weren't for Trump it would probably be a national holiday by now
>>
>>89730685
Every country has poor people in their cities, suburbs, and country.
>>89730723
It was a Trump supporter at the Milo event at Berkeley praising the peaceful protestors, then some masked grill comes up and sprays her for no reason.
>>
>>89730685
> If you're human, get out of there as soon as you can.

I approve. Please leave and take every leftard with you.
>>
>>89730736
I like how the responses to this all boil down to "but are you reading your comics WRONG? They told me I should be able to punch people! If you disagree, you're a nazi!"

Better get ready to slap a Jap too. The COMICKS said so.
>>
>>89730749

The Left would, you mean. There are rumblings. While the liberals are extremely vocal, they don't represent the majority of the population. Like, this election proved it. They brought out everyone they had, and it still wasn't enough.
>>
>>89730753
>no reason.
>Trump supporter at the Milo event
>>
>>89730774

> being a trump supporter going to watch Milo peacefully talking in an university is grounds for violence

How tolerant.
>>
>>89730774
No legal reason. That was clearly an assault, and I hope there's some retaliation for whoever told the police to stand down and not arrest anyone whatsoever as people were assaulted and $100,000 worth of property was destroyed.
>>
File: Milo.jpg (164KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
Milo.jpg
164KB, 960x800px
>>89730804
>Milo peacefully talking
>>
>>89730817

Milo is a national treasure.
>>
>>89730817

> Milo talking without violence
> not peaceful
> no free speech for what I don't agree with
> Milo hates gays even through he is a gay jewish nigger lover

Have a (you).
>>
>>89730572
>Tumblr Dyke only breaks his knee
>She's dq'd
>Nazi still wins
So her family still dies?
>>
>"I won't tolerate gay lifestyles" despite being gay myself, and always bringing up how PROBLEMATIC that the bulk of muslim immigrants say gay lifestyles should be OUTLAWED in Europe

Not worth even the ( Y o u ).
>>
>>89730868

That's the joke.
>>
File: ike the kike.png (516KB, 600x644px) Image search: [Google]
ike the kike.png
516KB, 600x644px
>>89720924
We have a lot
>>
>Trump made Marvel great again.

Based president.
>>
>>89708306
>>I am told, as Marvel brings back the X-Men line with a bang, to expect a return to more of a status quo for titles such as Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and more. A more familiar looking Marvel Universe by the autumn

This isn't really going to matter if writers need to write books around annual events and still hampered by editorial to push certain things in order to promote a TV show or a movie.

And really having diverse characters isn't the problem; it's how those characters are handled and the kind of stories they are used to promote. Also the whole marketing strategy of crowing about how diverse they are as a publicity stunt and insulting fans who complain about it or just actively trying to agitate them needs to stop.
>>
Despite all the shit people give Marvel here, if they're serious about putting X-Men back in the spotlight, I'm willing to give them a chance. Problem is, I haven't read X-Men since before Bendis started on UXM. What do I need to read to get up to date so I can hop onto the ResurrXion titles?
Thread posts: 528
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.