[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the book as good as everyone says?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Is the book as good as everyone says?
>>
Who says its good? Certainly not /co/.
>>
>>89707345
Yes
>>
>>89707345
Just read it and you'll find out.
>>
>>89707407
>redditors who hold the opinion
of the board above their own
>>
>>89707345

The endings to both are a bit daft.

There's less differences than people like to admit, at most side characters get more exposition before they die.
>>
>>89707345
I thought it was a good read. I liked how dense it was. It built a world without needing a ton of chapters.
>>
No, but it's not a bad read at all, it's just not the huge masterpiece it once was
>>
>>89707345
Not really
>>
The book is brilliant, indeed, but I've somehow enjoyed the animated motion comic more.
>>
It is great, but if anyone tries to tell you it's good because of the story or characters they are a pleb and you should disregard their opinions on everything.
>>
it's fucking amazing, if you can't see this plainly you shouldn't talk comics ever again
>>
>>89707345
Worm does everything it does a lot better.
>>
>>89708681
If a comic book isn't good because of the story or characters, what is it good for? All that's left is the art. Are you saying the art is the only good thing about it?
>>
>>89710146
The thing that makes Watchmen so great is its use of paneling and colonization. It's story is just okay, but if it wasn't for the paneling it would be a wholely forgettable book.
>>
>>89710279
I do like the paneling and colorization a lot. I enjoyed the book, too, but it wasn't really life-changing or anything. Seems a fair assessment.
>>
>>89710384
If you haven't looked into it very much, I would suggest checking out some of the analysis and annotations on paneling that people have written.
>>
>>89710663
Will do, could always appreciate it more. Not something I usually think about.
>>
>>89707442
This
>>
It is well written/structured/whatever else you want to say but "good" is subjective. I didn't enjoy it much.
>>
It's pretty good. Only fags think this board hates it just because it's mainstream.
>>
>>89710882
>It's good
>but I didn't like it
>therefore its quality is subjective
>>
>>89710958
Good to me is too strong of a term. I only use if it the objective and the subjective standards are both met. If it's just one then it's not good. But that's why I give context to my statement so it can be understood what part of it makes me feel like it wasn't good in case your personal definition is different.
>>
>>89708681
>>89710279
Paneling is only ever good if it's masterfully used as a storytelling technique.
It's hard to tell an amazing story without great characterization.
What makes Watchmen so great is the sum of all it's parts.
tldr; your pleb
>>
>>89710882
>>89711104
objectively speaking, you're confused
>>
File: Watchman.jpg (42KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Watchman.jpg
42KB, 500x300px
>>89707345

Watchman is one of the best Super-heroes of all time! He's super-powerful, even more powerful then Superman! He can go from Earth to Mars instantly just like Goku! His girlfriend is hot, there's no Superhero more powerful!
>>
File: FROGS.jpg (1MB, 1390x987px) Image search: [Google]
FROGS.jpg
1MB, 1390x987px
>>89711229
The story and characterization of Watchmen isn't the best, even just focusing on Moore's work it's not the bestthat belongs to Swamp Thing. But the paneling and colonization elevate it.
Excellent paneling can be used solely to tell a story.
>>
>>89707345
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.