[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Regular Show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

File: hqdefault.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
Be honest, did you cry watching the ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkSaPs4FXY0
>>
File: tumblr_lo6q2iPnWZ1qc1i9xo1_500.jpg (23KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lo6q2iPnWZ1qc1i9xo1_500.jpg
23KB, 500x322px
>>89691026
I unfortunately could not help but think of
>>
>>89691026
>Skips hasn't changed
>remember hes immortal
>Hes gonna watch another set of friends die
fuckin brutal
>>
File: 204px-sad_benson_7923.png (52KB, 204x240px) Image search: [Google]
204px-sad_benson_7923.png
52KB, 204x240px
>>89692112
REST IN PEACE POPS
He was a good man
>>
>>89691026

i stopped watching after season 3 and

what the fuck happened to this show
>>
>>89691026
>"Wait. Rigby's driving? He doesn't even have a license!"

>"I guess you can borrow the car whenever you want."
>"Thanks, dad! Though, I should probably get a driver's license first."

And the driver's license episode never came to be.
>>
>>89691026

fuck, that's actually a good ending.

i dropped the show after the episode with mordecai at the wedding but now i have to go back and catch up.
>>
Nah, I'm just happy it ended the way it did. It was nice seeing closure on everything and everyone actually making a life for themselves.

Personally it gives me hope that I can still build a life for myself even though I kind of wasted a year or two in an emotional wasteland.
>>
>>89693412
Instead, we got a bunch of dull Dome Arc episodes leading up to "Rigby's Graduation Day Special" (at which point, there was no possible way for the show to cover Rigby's driving status).
>>
>>89691026
Of course I did because I cry at fucking everything
>>
>>89691026
Old Man Rigby's line towards the end about checking out those video games in the shed "for old cart's sake" was a reference to that one episode where the cart was brought to life, right?
>>
>>89691026
So, what's JG Quintel gonna do now?

What are all the RS board artists doing now, for that matter?
>>
Do the people who write this go on /mu/? They've played David Bowie and The Velvet Underground on it.
>>
>>89697553
Just because the put some bands on the show doesn't mean they go to /mu/
>>
>>89691026
I didn't. It was a waste of Heroes and now it will be associated with this garbage ending in my mind for a while. Such a half assed attempt at closure, Christ. Should have left it open instead.
>>
>>89691026
>5 followed minutes of sobbing
Never happened like that before
>>
File: Skips crying.gif (947KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Skips crying.gif
947KB, 600x338px
>though nothing
>nothing will keep us together
>we can beat them
>just for one day
>>
Usually when I'm sad about a show ending it's like, hey those characters that don't exist can still be having adventures and being idiots even if I can't watch.

But then Pops died.
>>
I wish they would've used the other part of the song, from the beginning.

I don't really like the screaming section, but it's fine.
>>
File: pops funeral.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pops funeral.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Yes.

I thought I felt bad when Mordecai's parents looked concerned seeing the dome take off in the Season 7 finale, but Maellard crying after realizing his son had died just went too deep, let alone the fact it happened at all.
>>
Yeah, it kind of felt like the younger part of my life was coming to an end, I've been watching this show since I was 14 after all
>>
>add sweeping arcs to regular show
>wonder why it goes to shit

It has and will always be about making the mundane fantastic, that's why it was called regular show.
>>
>>89699091
>will always be
it's been over for weeks
>>
File: Skepticism.jpg (34KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Skepticism.jpg
34KB, 720x480px
>>89698724
>that moment you realize you outlived your own kids
Is there anything more soul-crushing?
>>
>>89691026
Wait, who was that that Mord ended up with?
>>
I'm confused, the episode I watched online ended the second pops and anti pops collided, is there more? Was I tricked?
>>
>>89699819
Part 2 is a halfhour special, but the in-show use of The Power's opening credits makes people think the final part is in 2 parts, with Part 3 being the last and called The Power just like the first episode.

Find Season 8 The Power.
>>
File: porked.png (1MB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
porked.png
1MB, 1500x844px
>>89697994
>>89698724
>Skips cries remembering old times bowling
>he doesn't cry at Pops' fucking funeral, not a hint of sadness
>>
>>89700049
No one but Maellard is sad, this is presumably a few months or even a year after his death, and while everyone's for sure sad, they've had time to reflect on it and have come to terms with it.

Still wish the ending wasn't so rushed so we could've seen more of the pre-leaving time at the Park. Could've used the whole Bowie song and had more time, but then again, time constraints are still in place anyway. CN should've let them get TV movie length. The Epic Final Battle finale episode put together is 33 minutes, only with the separate episode Cheer Up Pops is it TV Movie length.

Hell, should've given them feature length like the actual TV movie, one last time.
>>
>>89691026
BOWIE!!!
>>
>>89699816
Alias the Power
>>
>>89691026
I wonder if they were always going to use that song or if Bowie's death influenced their choice of parting licenses track.
>>
I can't believe they spoiled the ending of Steven Universe.
>>
>>89700187
It was an idea for awhile before they had the finale done, but I don't think it's been stated if it was before or after his death.

Pretty sure it was before though, because Matt said during an AMA that they had used less songs recently because a lot of the budget had gone to the song, so they must've known it ahead of time.
>>
>>89700209
Please, trannyverse wishes it could be 1/10th as good.
>>
>>89700312
The ONLY thing Steven Universe can be close to Regular Show is with it's music, but even then it's usually all the same piano lovely kind of music with occasional remixes. RS still has more variety and more interest.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>that moment when mordecai and rigby went separate ways
>same thing happened to my best friend since middle school, we grew apart in college
>i live in a different country now, we speak once a year if at that now since our life interests/jobs/friends are all different now
>remembering to the days of hanging out in summer doing shit together, playing ps1 and trying to beat ff8
>how long those days felt
>>
File: what the hell is going on.png (1MB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
what the hell is going on.png
1MB, 1500x844px
>The Power comes on
>Special still written above the CN watermark
>couldn't tell if the whole first episode was going to just play and that be the end to show they'd forever be in a loop
>>
>>89699816
A rushed prop that isn't even a character and who they never decided upon a name upon until being asked about it months after production. Where they said "Her name is probably Steph."

Yes, it's that lazy.
>>
>>89700396
>that moment when mordecai and rigby went separate ways

I didn't feel anything because it came out of nowhere.
>>
>>89700512
Mordecai's been shown constantly to want to leave the park, fulfill some potential he might have.

In the episode though yea, due to the rushed montage it was out of nowhere, story wise Mordecai leaving was at least elaborated on here and there.

Rigby wouldn't be staying without him even if Benson wouldn't fire him for his singular slacking.

Wish we could've seen more of them packing rather than just showing what they did in the trunk, but better than nothing I guess.
>>
>>89691026
>Pops sacrifices his life dragging his evil brother into the sun causing it to go nova
Oh man, that's so metal.

This was a great ending.
>>
File: M_r_sunglasses.png (411KB, 727x404px) Image search: [Google]
M_r_sunglasses.png
411KB, 727x404px
>>89700373
I fuckin' love the original music from Regular Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPcrRpFCJg
>>
>>89700535
>Mordecai's been shown constantly to want to leave the park, fulfill some potential he might have.

More occasionally. And perhaps not even that. It was brought only up once towards the end of season 7 to my memory. The whole "art" thing was additionally never focused much upon either. Feels more like an excuse to leave at that point due to lack of exploration as an aspect of his character.
>>
Both Regular Show's finale and Gravity Falls' series finale suffer from the same problem.

The characters get their memory back in like 1 minute.
>>
>>89700467
Same. I went through so many emotions leading up to Rigby's déjà vu moment:
>"The Power"?! THEY PULLED A FUCKIN' FUTURAMA
>Wow... Cartoon Network actually let them do this?
>Probably the last RS rerun we'll ever get
>Damn, did the animation look amazing back then
>I can't believe this show's actually over

>HOLY SHIT! It's not over!!

>Yeah; the stiffness of the animation is really obvious now.
>>
>>89700644
At least RS didn't drag on an extended Emotional, Tear-Jerking Farewell to the Sacrificer's Memory scene à la Disney. Plus, RS still managed to play with our emotions by making an incredible callback to its first episode, making us think the show literally loops.
>>
For a show that really liked focusing on the characters and what they think, with the episodic villain being more of a pawn to get their thoughts out, and occasionally developing them, what they made of their lives was rushed as fuck and visually there was evidence as well, especially with the character designs.

For that I'll never forgive them, but all the stuff prior was awesome. I just feel like coming all this way with the characters to get a
THEYALLGET BABIES MORDECAI GETS ARTY AGAIN HE FINDS A BAT BENSON STAYS AT THE PARK FIVES IS A DJ MITCH IS A HOME DAD RIGBY IS A HOME DAD SKIPS STAYS ALSO too be a real "Where are they now" thing like the joke ending to Fuzzy Dice, which is obviously what they were going for with the song playing over the montage, but it almost felt like a parody ending, noncanon even, and was just there as a joke.. as if the next episode would've been regular again.
>>
>>89700703
Yea, it was one of the worst where are they now endings I've ever seen, right up there with the one in Titanic: The Legend Lives On.
>>
File: 1466638996684.jpg (16KB, 476x244px) Image search: [Google]
1466638996684.jpg
16KB, 476x244px
>pops literally suicides
>>
With the momentum it took to completely revert reality back to its beginnings, all Pops had to do was at the last minute angle himself a little and punch Anti-Pops in the face, that'd kill him for sure.
>>
File: Filbhutchkids.jpg (42KB, 609x341px) Image search: [Google]
Filbhutchkids.jpg
42KB, 609x341px
>>89691026
One of Rigby's kids is giving me a Rocko vibe
>>
>>89700959
I love that scene. Heffer's kid walks by Rocko and Rocko's eyes jerk and he slowly looks up at Heffer.

Unspoken comedy is gold.
>>
>>89700959
JG Quintel loves Rocko's Modern Life, so it wouldn't shock me if it was a reference.. even though I don't believe it is.

He named Crusin' after the Rocko episode.
>>
File: drugs.png (115KB, 334x405px) Image search: [Google]
drugs.png
115KB, 334x405px
>they never played modern love or even reference it in this show that was 70% love stories
>>
>>89691026
I did say "jolly good show" to myself when I watched it.
>>
Wonder what the creator of it is gonna do now.
>>
>>89701371
Either make another show or do secondary work like writing/boarding, if anything.

His voice is incredibly known as Mordecai, and while that's never been a problem with other VAs who do normal-voice acting, JG has no other range, he's tried playing other characters and the only one that sounds remotely different is Fives but he has a sound effect over his voice.
>>
>>89701343
JG has almost always opted to use songs you'd never heard in a kid's show before, or in much media at all.

I've never heard Here Comes a Regular in anything.

Some of the songs I've only heard in Seth McFarlene shows aside from RS, since Fox gives such an astounding budget to a large piece of shit.
>>
>>89701765
That's true but not really in regards to using this song, since it and most Bowie songs haven't been in kids shows or others.
>>
>>89700645
Again, I wish they got a ton more budget for looser animation like the first few episodes

But I guess CN hates giving shows too much leniency these days
>>
>>89701939
As the show went on not just the animation felt more restricted, but the characters were getting drawn really fucking bad more often. Mordecai's top spike of his hair was shortened to Margaret length, Benson started looking real fucking dumb, Mitch looked more square and his expressions were either less detailed or more detailed and looked like ass (like in his trailer scene in the end montage), and fuck, even high five ghost looked rushed sometimes.
>>
>>89691026
Why did muscle man become trailer park green trash?
He had a bright future,and his girlfriend's family was rich or something.
>>
>>89702168
Another case of men bringing down the women in the show.
>>
>>89691026
Why did Mordecai marry a bat,and who's the tall Rigby girl?
And the tall muscle man girl,and the lady in the flower dress,and that redhead boy next to fives,and that fat kid with his hands in his sides?
>>
>>89702192
Writers thought it would be good for Mordecai to meet someone through his art life.

The kids are of the characters, they're all obvious who they are from except the muscle rigby kid who you'd think is from Mitch, but a writer said it's a Rigby/Eileen kid.

Flower Dress is of the girl who was brought in in Season 7, Pam, one of the Dome scientists who helped get the park to space and had occasional relations with Benson.
>>
What was the point of returning to episode 1 for less than 5 minutes?
Apart from being the first aired episode nothing in it is a remarkable part of their lives,why not go to the pilot or skip the:Return to an old episode to trigger ''nostalgia''?
>>
>>89702289
The story was how their universe would reset, and they built it up with how their "universe" is codeword for the TV series. It was just another meta part in the plot that focused on their series coming to an end. It would've been better if they had more time, but I could tell it was something they really wanted to do and that's ok, it's just a shame it couldn't be executed better because of their time constraint.
>>
20 more minutes and it would've been perfect. Hell maybe even just a separate 11 minute one for the growing up story.
>>
>>89691026
The finale was fucking amazing; they were some emotional moments but I didn't cried. I regret a bit dropping this show at the middle of season 7 though
>>
>>89702864
>dropping this show at the middle of season 7
How did you manage to do that? Season 7 was greatuntil "The Button", when they started focusing way too much on the Dome!
>>
>>89691026
It's when Heroes started playing that it got me.
>>
>>89691026
Thank god that Regular Shit is coming to an end I can't what for Autism Time join it's place as well!
>>
File: 1486261404156.jpg (109KB, 737x556px) Image search: [Google]
1486261404156.jpg
109KB, 737x556px
>>89692112
Ohh...
>>
>>89692112
does high 5 ghost age as well?
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.