[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix Homestuck? What would you change after Act 4?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 442
Thread images: 111

File: 00001.gif (16KB, 650x450px)
00001.gif
16KB, 650x450px
How would you fix Homestuck?

What would you change after Act 4?
>>
>>89690288
remove Vriska
>>
>>89690288
The three year journey and alpha kid session are spent getting shit done in spite of everything. John Jade and Dave Sprite explore the Lands and master their powers better, setting things up so they can finish their denizens quests the split second they wake up. The meteor crew pore over the library finding clues on how to beat LE and actually alchemize some useful shit. Jane Dirk et Al mastermind a coup on Derse and usurp Betty Crocker's command of the kingdom

The other two things are have Calliope and Karkat merge all instances of everyone into their 'Ultimate Selves' so GO wasn't meaningless, and ACTUALLY SHOW HOW THEY TRIUMPH OVER LE IN THE FINAL FLASH HOLY FUCK
>>
File: 07783.gif (13KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
07783.gif
13KB, 650x450px
>>89690346
>remove Vriska
Shit idea.

>Karkat is useful
Shit idea.
>>
>>89690288
Go back in time trying to warn Hussie not to ruin Homestuck, inadvertently causing Homestuck to be ruined (except in a few doomed timelines).
>>
>>89690288
Making sure Hussie never meets Halftruth is essential, but the main thing would be convincing him not to do the Kickstarter until after the comic is ended. So yes, just make sure he doesn't get turned into an SJW by that woman's vagenda, and don't divide his attention with a 2.5 million dollar diversion, and it'll all turn out okay.
>>
I suggest that you re-read the comic from beginning to end.

Especially if your reaction to that sentence was highly negative.

You'll find your peace there. You'll be able to let it go. Relive the good, and examine every ugly scar of the bad, within a condensed frame of time. You'll never look back once you come out the other side of it.
>>
I know it's bad, but I also know I couldn't do better.
>>
>>89690288
remove that shitty retcon
>>
When Terezi kills Vriska, its for good. The dancestors are only mentioned in passing, and never become actual characters. The cast got way too fucking bloated.
>>
>>89690346
No, you can keep her, just let her stay dead after 5-2.

Her realizing she did a lot of bad shit, and dying for it, was fine. She even got a free John to get with to die everything up in a little bow.

Seriously, you didn't need anything more.
>>
I would kidnap Hussie and prevent him from interacting with anyone until he completed the comic.
>>
File: Skaia.png (28KB, 976x976px) Image search: [Google]
Skaia.png
28KB, 976x976px
Keep focusing on the concept of the game as a facade, and the underlying conflict between Skaia and the Horroterrors as the final layer of events. Let LE be a piece of that puzzle, instead of an tangential entity. This way SBURB, LE, the Trolls, and everything, are all part of one unified goal and mystery. Splitting half the plot into being about SBURB to suddenly shift to LE being the big threat, and everything about SBURB being largely irrelevant, absolutely shattered everything gain in the first half of the comic.

Speaking of unnecessary shifts that ruined everything, fuck time skips, and fuck the Alpha kids. You could introduce the Alphas as side characters that are introduced when the Betas meet them, that way you can use the established Betas and their relationships with their Guardians as a basis to begin exploring the Alpha's characters, rather than having to begin from scratch, as well as destroy the pacing as everything grinds to halt. But the time skips have to go, plain and simple.
>>
>>89690288
Id stop
just STOP
>>
>>89691047
This. Homestuck was good when he only had to focus on writing Homestuck. Having to produce a game and then having to deal with getting jewed by the production company obviously made the hiatuses worse.

And who the fuck produces a spinoff game before the original series is even finished?
>>
>>89692210
Hussie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpgUQYARIsw
>>
Hivebent is one month long as originally indicated, while all the non-patron trolls are only featured extremely briefly or exist in minor background roles. Vriska's arc is largely merged into Terezi's, and Vriska is only used as a prop to characterize her. At no point is shipping mentioned in the story.

Fix Hivebent, fix Homestuck. Everything gets solved if it happens differently.
>>
>>89690288
I would give the keys to Cohen
>>
>>89692517
I don't know if Cohen could have finished the story better than Hussie, because he seems to approve of and continue to build off on Hussie's very worst ideas, now that he really does have the keys to the comic in his hands.

I don't think Cohen is a good writer because he doesn't see a problem with the fact that Jack Noir is living Spades Slick's life, with Spades Slick's wife. His snapchats just don't have any punch to them in general, but that's what really gives me pause.
>>
>>89692120
But interacting with the fans and riffing on their ideas even after the box was closed was a huge part of what made Homestuck what it was. It's a tragedy in the proper Ancient Greeks sense of the word.
>>
>>89692517
>>89692650
Who's Cohen?
>>
>>89692730
A man who made a funny joke on Twitter once.

Hussie saw that joke, and liked it so much that he made this man the head writer of Hiveswap, and then let him write all of the post-canon content for Homestuck outside of the "end credits."

I'm telling you the straight truth here. This is not embellished or exaggerated.
>>
File: What did I just say.png (48KB, 215x249px) Image search: [Google]
What did I just say.png
48KB, 215x249px
>>89692517
You are either intentionally trying to piss me off, or the absolute worst person.
>>
>>89691047
pipedreams are unhealthy
>>
File: 1484374629427.png (6KB, 319x365px) Image search: [Google]
1484374629427.png
6KB, 319x365px
Andrew Hussie is a self-loathing betacuck numale whose been emotionally castrated by Halftruth and literally castrated by IPGD. All of his friends and employees are SJWs who demonize men and it comes through in his writing of all male Homestuck characters been wimpy and emotionally broken and the female characters as strong independent women who don't need no man.
>>
Hussie came up with the Ultimate Self bullshit at the last second because he wants credit for an alternate version of himself who finished Homestuck in a satisfactory way.
>>
>>89693342
that ultimate self idea might be a worse addition to the comic than the retcon itself
>>
>>89692853
Uh...so is he actually a good writer?
>>
>>89690288
More davekat
>>
>>89693579
Nope
>>
File: help.png (358KB, 876x549px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
358KB, 876x549px
>>89690288
>What would you change after Act 4?
Remove trolls
Remove tumblr
Give Halftruth the boot
Put a restraining order on $helby and Piggy
Make the Alpha kids actually competent instead of blubbering weenies
Jack Noir is the big bad
Don't do the kikestarter till AFTER the comic ends
The game is about SBURB and plays like a roguelike/lite
Hussie is required to keep his formspring active throughout the duration of the comic
>>
File: JOHNNOOOOOO.gif (7KB, 544x352px) Image search: [Google]
JOHNNOOOOOO.gif
7KB, 544x352px
>>89693579
>>
File: JAKENOOOOOO.gif (7KB, 544x352px) Image search: [Google]
JAKENOOOOOO.gif
7KB, 544x352px
>>89693579
>>
>>89693667
>>89693701
So he gave a shitty writer creative control over post-canon content based off of one Twitter joke?

I know we all joked about Hussie being insane, but this is literally insane.

Between this and starting the Kickstarter while writing Homestuck, it seems like Hussie needs someone to manage his actual life.
>>
File: Double Standard.png (425KB, 521x669px) Image search: [Google]
Double Standard.png
425KB, 521x669px
>>89693811
>Hussie needs someone to manage his actual life.
He already had someone for that.
>>
>>89692853
What was the joke
>>
>>89690288

> Trolls don't happen, as well as everything after

> Have the comic be about 4 friends exploring a universe-creating game that becomes increasingly elaborate, convoluted, and esoteric the deeper they delve.
>>
>>89693916
Something like;

I like the insult "who is this clown", because it implies not only that they are a clown, but they aren't a skilled enough clown to be recognised in the field.
>>
>>89693916
>most cutting thing you can say is "who's this clown?" because it implies they're a) a clown & b) not even one of the better-known clowns

It was a good joke, but nothing he's written for Homestuck has been funny or even interesting, so we don't expect anything from Hiveswap.

The really funny thing about this joke is that it applies to a man suddenly replacing Hussie as the writer of Homestuck content, and is randomly writing the entirety of a video game Hussie was supposed to write himself.
>>
>>89693857
Someone who's not a greedy bitch
>>
File: $25 per character please.jpg (111KB, 700x498px) Image search: [Google]
$25 per character please.jpg
111KB, 700x498px
>>89694013
Swing and a miss
>>
File: CalmDown.jpg (34KB, 338x372px) Image search: [Google]
CalmDown.jpg
34KB, 338x372px
>>89693265
>all male Homestuck characters being wimpy
Caliborn won a dead session
Jake can create a hope field that can override any other power, including Caliborn's
Tavrosprite got the same powers as Jade
Dead Tavros raised an army only through pure charisma, something Vriska or Meenah could never do, and promptly told her to suck it, dancing his cares away.
John can rewrite the alpha timeline, and was emotionally above grimbark jade, who nobody took seriously. He was also the one to open the door into the new universe
Dave is a badass who managed to get the whole "bro" thing off his chest which was an extremely hard thing to do for him
Dirk is a badass who managed to get the whole "bro" thing off his chest which was an extremely hard thing to do for him
Karkat (though he failed) was the first to charge at English, which is still a ballsy thing to do, all things considered.
Sollux just doesn't give a shit. and is basically an afterlife pimp

The list goes on.
>>
>>89693679
>The game is about SBURB and plays like a roguelike/lite
no fuck off
>>
>>89693857
How is it possible to have a grudge this long man
>>
>>89694161
He took seven years of our life. His bitch will be hated for seven years sevenfold.
>>
>>89694188
take it easy it's just a comic , sperg
>>
>>89694142

I think that a rougelike/RPG would be a fitting genre for a game emulating SBURB...

What don't you like about it, or alternatively, what genre do you think would be more fitting?
>>
File: Happy Birthday.png (32KB, 638x318px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Birthday.png
32KB, 638x318px
>>89694161
>pointing out the fact that someone had a toxic and psychotic gf that ruined him is somehow holding a grudge
>despite all the glaring evidence of this being the case
I think you're the one with the grudge
>>
>>89694326
Not him, but SBURB is a parody, attempting to emulate it's mechanics would be disaster. Too much of it is impossible to work in any way that would be satisfying, balanced, or not a huge pain in the ass.

Homestuck is about the humor, characters, and setting, and more traditional turn based RPG or Action RPG best fits those strengths.
>>
The only four trolls needed

Aradia
Sollux
Vriska
Equius

The rest can go fucking die
boring characters
ugly designs
fujobait
or terezi
>>
>>89690288
no game kickstarter, all the other problems would take care of themselves without it.
>>
>>89694410
If SBURB is a parody, why should it be balanced? I would find it much more entertaining if things could be so seriously broken that your party will wipe before you even enter the Medium. Mix in Hussie's old humor that just kicks you while you're down, and you have a silly fucking ride that has a very slim chance of being beatable, which isn't even the point.
>>
>>89694410
That is exactly right.

>D'I'm gonna make it a text'a'venture! What could go wrong??????

Can't wait for the game to finally come out and bomb spectacularly so he can put a gun in his mouth and splatter Godhead Pickle Inspector on his ritzy New York apartment wall.
>>
File: justifying_manic_behaviour.png (654KB, 1280x686px) Image search: [Google]
justifying_manic_behaviour.png
654KB, 1280x686px
>>89693679
> Don't do the kikestarter till AFTER the comic ends
Even Hussie knew this to be true
>>
>>89694358
>posting a 5 year old pic
I mean

yeah?
that kind of counts as a grudge
>>
>>89694582
Stop talking to autists.
>>
>>89694582
The whole "ruining him" thing also happened in that timeframe, which is also the timeframe in which Hussie was writing Act 5, which was the point of the post. Get over yourself.
>>
>>89694633
>The whole "ruining him" thing also happened in that timeframe

All I see is you making baseless excuses to justify your hate, which really, is still just a petty grudge
keep it up though, it's cute
>>
File: 1348796634959.png (187KB, 402x350px) Image search: [Google]
1348796634959.png
187KB, 402x350px
>>89694687
>doubling down on accusing me of holding a grudge instead of refuting my point
hey

guess what

not an argument
>>
>>89694687
get your ass back to r/homestuck and stay there cohendrone
>>
>>89694469
Because saying "it's a parody!" and then still forcing the player to endure it is no different than just being a shitty game. Take captchalogue, in the comic we are presented with the joke about overly clunky and unenjoyable inventory systems, and we can laugh at it because as a reader in a non-interactive medium, it's just a funny gag to watch the characters deal with. In a game, you now have an overly clunky and unenjoyable inventory system that you need to wrestle with to play the game. It's not fun.

What's more, balance is important to any game, even if it's not tight. It's not just relevant because it allows for a game to be challenge, or for encounter design to be interesting and unique, it also functions to create a proper complexity curve to teach players the game's mechanics , creates a sense of growth and progression as the game progresses, and help to keep the dissonance between gameplay and story to a minimum.

You can make a fun story with the mechanics of SBURB if you just minimize everything that isn't story, but you will never make a good game out of it.
>>
>>89694763
go back to tumblr
>>
>>89694582
how can you tell that's a 5 year old pic?
>>
>>89690288
I'm super tempted to get that Homestuck General archive book. Anyone have a copy?
>>
>>89694804
>You can make a fun story with the mechanics of SBURB if you just minimize everything that isn't story, but you will never make a good game out of it.
Are you just now realizing that there will never be a tangibly good Homestuck game ever? The joke is that SBURB is a shitty game.
>>
File: IMG_0818 (1).png (44KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0818 (1).png
44KB, 500x346px
>>
>>89694410

>Not him, but SBURB is a parody, attempting to emulate it's mechanics would be disaster. Too

Why would you want a SBURB game to be reasonable, coherent, or balanced?

The game could almost take on a puzzle game vibe, demanding that the player, or team of players, suss out how to navigate a tangled web of obtuse, barely functional mechanics, convoluted narrative threads, and absurd game abstractions, randomly drawn from large pools of layouts, scenarios, and game constructs, in order to meet the victory condition...

> Homestuck is about the humor, characters, and setting, and more traditional turn based RPG or Action RPG best fits those strengths.

That sounds fine too I suppose, though I personally would prefer the randomized shitshow generator I described above...
>>
>>89694889
Insofar only one person has a copy since it was sent as a gift exchange item.
>>
>>89694814

I remember when people spammed it in 2012
are you new?
>>
File: you will never own this book.jpg (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
you will never own this book.jpg
136KB, 640x480px
>>89694889
It was a secret santa gift to an anon, and there's currently no known link to the publisher who printed it.
>>
>>89694843
>>89694968
>>
>>89694757
People like you always blame someone else for the failings of their hero, they did it with betel , they did it with ipgd , and you're doing it now

it's pointless to shift the blame but eh, what can you do
>>
>>89694804
The inventory system wasn'the part of Sburb, it was a part of the separate Homestuck reality.
>>
>>89695019
The idea that anyone would think Betel was a negative influence on Hussie is laughable. They were fucking before Problem Sleuth was a thing.
>>
>>89694988
I ended up finding the gristmas one. I want to kinda get it but at the same time not. It'd be nice to have around.
>>
File: 1374462309833.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1374462309833.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>89695019
It's an event that happened in the past. Pointing your finger at me changes nothing and is still not an argument.
>>
>>89695019
Hussie ruined his own damn comic, but Halftruth made everything else so much worse with her policies.

Homestrife was probably never going to come out, but shutting it down while allowing Octopimp to operate was such a sick move.
>>
>>89695056
AHAHA do you not remember that one screencap nigga? With the dude talking shit about her while posting one of those shipping charts?
Cmon man
>>
>>89695087
I remember it, and it was as silly back then as it is now.
>>
>>89695066
You're not making sense
>>
File: 1359917308489.jpg (94KB, 392x399px) Image search: [Google]
1359917308489.jpg
94KB, 392x399px
>>89695108
If you said that back then, you'd get laughed at
>>
File: 1372276682221.gif (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1372276682221.gif
20KB, 400x400px
>>89695066
see
>>89695074

Huss a shit.
>>
>>89695019
>they did it with betel
this never happened
>>
>>89695149
Like I said, they were fucking before Problem Sleuth was a thing. If she made Hivebent suck, she'd have made the whole comic suck right off the bat.
>>
>>89695184
sup cohen
>>
>>89690288
>Act 5 Act 1
Speed things up a bit, maybe. Showing off a semi-proper Sburb session (re: a session where the players aren't immediately attempting to break the session) isn't a bad thing in my opinion, but they should've gotten back to the Beta crew sooner.

Additionally, combine it and "horrorstuck" from A5A2. Leave it at a cliffhanger at the end, and revisit it later on in A5A2

>Act 5 Act 2
The above change. More stuff about the Beta crew breaking their session, less about the Trolls who had their entire session pass in the span of one act.

>Cascade
Make this the ending. The villain getting the last laugh would be appropriate for the story, given the context that Sburb is generally unforgiving and that they additionally mixed gods into the fray.

>Post-Cascade
Epilogue.
>The surviving cast regroup and resolve to confront Doc Scratch for tricking them, leading off onto a journey through Paradox Space in order to find him
>Cut to Jack Noir and Spade Slick messing with The (former) Felt's toys. They (accidentally) bring back the whole crew, and start planning their next gig: Killing Lord English
>Intermission 2 happens
>Tease at a Homestuck: Disc 2 series, in which these forces collide. Specifically put it under a new name in a new adventure so that Homestuck isn't idiotically long for no good reason, considering how it's technically two series put into one as it stands

>Act 6+
Don't do this
>>
File: 1329129170990.png (212KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1329129170990.png
212KB, 500x500px
>>89695179
>Huss and his inner circlejerk a shit
ftfy
>>
>>89694633
feels like you've got a grudge t b h senpai
>>
>>89695206
that doesn't even make sense, why would cohen argue against that
>>
>>89695253
Cohen is new

You are new
>>
File: 1345643730915.png (14KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1345643730915.png
14KB, 377x377px
>>
>>89695250

Huss is still the main shit for letting his comic be tainted in such ways

How do you fuck up your own personal project so badly
>>
File: what is 8 divided by 0.gif (646KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
what is 8 divided by 0.gif
646KB, 500x500px
>>89695305
by being completely ruined by your inner circlejerk
>>
>>89695270
me not being new is exactly why i know that didn't happen
>>
>>89695337
You're blaming others, but really, you have to admire how low Hussie's dignity is when it comes to letting others influence them

this is a chicken vs the egg scenario but, Hussie is still pretty shitty for not manning up
>>
File: Image capture.jpg (121KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Image capture.jpg
121KB, 900x1200px
>>89695059
like I said ( >>89694958 ), there's only one person that currently owns this second version.
>>
>>89695351
look nigga, I remember it happening way back when
you might not have been there at hsg during those times or whatever, but I sure as was

don't really know what to say
>>
>>89695305
You get an infection in your mind. That infection is "People paid for the video game, but Homestuck is free for them, therefore, I need to prioritize the game they paid for, at the expense of the comic they get for free."

You go whole hog on that idea.

You're a naive, sheltered, well-off Massachusetts boy living off of daddy's patent who hasn't worked a day in his life. The studio you find that is free to develop your game is run by cunning, backstabbing cunts. They pick up on the very obvious signals that you don't know a god damn thing about a god damn thing, and make you a mark.

You finally realize you've been had, move across the country to try and get the stolen money back, and, again, because you're a naive, sheltered, well-off Massachusetts boy living off of daddy's patent who hasn't worked a day in his life, you get bent over their table and forced to be content to take back only what little money they didn't already spend out of what they took, and sign an NDA promising not to tell anyone they're a bunch of cockfuck thieves in return for their generosity.

Your dad dies.

Your girlfriend leaves you.

You don't care about any of this "Homestuck" shit anymore and let some apparently funny Twitter man take over the whole thing.
>>
File: .everything stinks.gif (2MB, 210x155px) Image search: [Google]
.everything stinks.gif
2MB, 210x155px
>>89695469
it hurts
>>
>>89695386
is Hussie the egg in this scenario
>>
So are we all just gonna ignore how Hussie missed the January release date for Hiveswap and how Hiveswap's release date is still TBD?

Cause it's been, like... five fucking years man
>>
>>89695417
even if you did see a post that i didnt, i don't know why you'd equate betel to halftruth, people continued shitting on halftruth for years for a reason
>>89695074
>Homestrife was probably never going to come out, but shutting it down while allowing Octopimp to operate was such a sick move.
this actually didnt happen though, homestrife asked for funding and she declined because no shit of course she declined, you dont just give money to a game thats developing that slowly (cue hiveswap jokes)
>>
File: NOTM.jpg (16KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
NOTM.jpg
16KB, 720x405px
>>89695469

Mhm...
>>
>>89695469
Well now I'm sad for Hussie
>>
File: 1362620066144.png (60KB, 477x479px) Image search: [Google]
1362620066144.png
60KB, 477x479px
>>
>>89695555
didn't know it'd stir up all this quite honestly
>>
>>89695581
I'm sad for his backers
>>
I wish homestuck was a roguelike

then we could make a fork of it before it turned to crap like DCSS
>>
>>89690288
Oh good a Homestuck thread, I was JUST thinking about this and wanted to come here and see if I'm not the only one here with this issue.

Does anyone else just find themselves completely unable to stand Dave's character after the timeskip on the meteor? Seriously, every time he opened his mouth to spout off some pseudo-intellectual BS I just wanted to claw my eyes out, especially since it seemed like Hussie just unloaded every social-justicey problem he could into what he was saying so as to appeal to his growing Tumblr-based audience.

It wasn't even like, Rose's pseudo-intellectual BS either. I could tell from the tone and how nobody (like John) ever stood up to tell him he was being dumb, that we were supposed to think he was absolutely right in everything he was saying...
>>
>>89695555
They asked funding from WP directly, or did Halftruth interfere with them getting funding from elsewhere? Because those are two very different things, and all I had ever heard was the latter not the former.
>>
>>89695715
don't forget shittalking bro for no reason
>>
>>89695651
This is just conjecture, but I think the reason Hussie ditched his backers was because everything involving the game's production went so thoroughly and totally wrong that he just couldn't find the right words to explain it or address the public, especially considering he wasn't supposed to disclose the real reason why it all went south. Remember, he's legitimately autistic, they have trouble communicating.
>>
>>89695716
they asked from WP directly, or really they asked halftruth directly
there's a lot of shitty things she pulled regarding stopping fans doing stuff but the homestrife thing isn't one of them in th eleast
>>
I followed Homestuck up to A6A6I2, but I didn't start reading again when the hiatus was over because by that time I was busy with grad school.

So tell me lads, should I bother to read and find out how it ended?
>>
>>89695804
no
turn back
>>
>>89695469
>he's a dumb trust fund baby who doesn't know how money works!
>no h8 plox
(un)Surprisingly, none of my sympathy for him has been drummed up.
>>
>>89695469
What patent did his Dad have exactly?
>>
>>89695798
Okay, I'll take your word for it on that. Doesn't excuse a lot of the other shit she pulled but at least it sticks in my craw less.
>>
>>89695767
Right?! In an INSTANT the entirety of the HS!Tumblr fandom went from sucking Bro's dick to treating him like the spawn of Satan, worse than LE, all because Dave apparently decided while he was sulking on that rock that Bro (who, like all of the original 4 kids, had a guardian who somehow knew about Sburb ahead of time and prepared their charges for it in their own ways) was an abusive A-hole, even though that training he gave Dave had a demonstrably positive effect on his ability to handle himself once he got into the game.
>>
>>89695469
>You're a naive, sheltered, well-off Massachusetts boy

So was Lovecraft, and he only got better with age.
>>
>>89695863
He invented color.
>>
File: tumblr_m2rgrevwWK1qbwllwo1_400.gif (240KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2rgrevwWK1qbwllwo1_400.gif
240KB, 400x277px
>>89695965
whoa
>>
>>89695925
i don't blame you for believing it, she is after all the same woman who implied anyone selling coloured zodiac shirts is infringing on them
>>
>>89695408
i've ordered a copy of that new one
>>
>>89695944
The Mr. 7 comic was every bit as good as the Intermission and proved that Hussie can still be Hussie. Maybe if he fucked off and did something new, or decided to do that Midnight Crew adventure after all...
>>
>>89695934
If we take any of the guardians seriously, they are abusive. John's fights with his Dad involve hammers, and Mom is clearly unfit to be a parent. They're exaggerated caricatures, and it's so crazy that Hussie would choose to bring Bro's actions into reality and single him out.
>>
>>89695712
Write your own stories inspired by Homestuck. It worked for Nostalgebraist.

Also, not every roguelike is open source. At least two very major ones aren't. Some devs do it specifically to avoid forking.
>>
File: 1358185657653.png (270KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1358185657653.png
270KB, 600x800px
>>
>>89696039
Out of everything I'd change, removing the soapbox from under Dave's feet would be near the top of the list. Maybe I could enjoy his character and even like Davekat conceptually (gag me with a spoon) if he wasn't such an insufferable prick, whining and moaning every time he's on screen talking to someone.

Seriously, was anyone else cringing out of their seat when he "came out" to John?
>>
>>89696215
>Seriously, was anyone else cringing out of their seat when he "came out" to John?
yes

it honestly didn't feel like dave
>>
>>89695469
Why didn't he read a business book or two beforehand? Seriously, you could learn the basics, including how to hire contractors, in a month while working intensively on something else.
>>
>>89695715
>It wasn't even like, Rose's pseudo-intellectual BS either. I could tell from the tone and how nobody (like John) ever stood up to tell him he was being dumb, that we were supposed to think he was absolutely right in everything he was saying...
Good post.
>>
File: 1.png (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
64KB, 500x500px
>>89696285
it wasn't Dave.
>>
File: d4.png (21KB, 429x312px) Image search: [Google]
d4.png
21KB, 429x312px
Anyone got any requests for really shitty doodles.
>>
>>89696533
Vriska sitting on Hussie's face
>>
>>89696526
?
>>
>>89696533
A bunch of fat ugly chicks beating up Jade.
>>
>>89696285
I agree. I can buy that he's gay, but the way he talked about it was so stilted
>>
>>89696570
I like the way you think
>>
File: 1405270065113.png (1MB, 1280x1167px) Image search: [Google]
1405270065113.png
1MB, 1280x1167px
>>
>>89696285
Speaking of, good God how long had it been since literally any of the original 4 kids have had a normal conversation together? I mean sure, by all means show us that things are all hunky-dory after they've "beaten" the game, but at no point during the final third of the story, either before or after the glitched reset, do Rose and Jade even share a single line of meaningful dialogue!

>>89696590
He didn't even admit he was gay! From what I recall his answer to the question of if he was was something along the lines of "man, don't put a label on me, just let me be me maaaaaan"
>>
>>89696533
Karkat sobbing violently over a candied ham with silhouettes of the others eating pizza in the background
>>
>>89696648
I miss chefkat
>>
What was the point of the dancestors
>>
File: 1417100502470.jpg (19KB, 179x241px) Image search: [Google]
1417100502470.jpg
19KB, 179x241px
>>89696836
>>
>>89696836
probably as a sort of teaser for hiveswap, showing a bunch of new trolls
>>
>>89696836
To waste our time
>>
>>89694138
please
everyone is fucking overpowered in homestuck, but guys are only allowed to exercise that power if a) they're a villain, b) a girl is making them do it, or c) subverting masculinity is one of their intended character traits
>>
>>89698092
>subverting masculinity is one of their intended character traits

So, no characters
>>
>>89694804
roguelikes are kind of exempt from the whole "balance" problem just because they're played by masochists who enjoy seeing how far they can get before they die

see: dwarf fortress's definition of "fun"
>>
File: GhWn.png (283KB, 1918x840px) Image search: [Google]
GhWn.png
283KB, 1918x840px
>>89698164
>who enjoy seeing how far they can get before they die

speak for yourself nigga
>>
>>89696120
>It worked for Nostalgebraist.
never heard of him before but I see that he is already in my tabs as a rationalist-adjacent
guess I'll check out his fiction
>>
File: tumblr_mcr0soNvI71qcve1z.gif (220KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcr0soNvI71qcve1z.gif
220KB, 500x500px
>>89696836
Tumblr likes shipping trolls, so Hussie gave them more trolls to ship.
>>
File: 1326740167440.png (16KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1326740167440.png
16KB, 600x400px
>>
File: d6.png (17KB, 632x310px) Image search: [Google]
d6.png
17KB, 632x310px
>>89696648
Didn't do them as silhouettes, sorry anon.
>>
>>89696215
I kinda liked that scene, especially John's reaction. You could read it as John being a clueless but genuinely nice and supportive guy unable to "get" the "truth" about sexual orientation (and yeah with Hussie that's probably what it was supposed to be.) But the way I read it, it was more like, Dave is actually bisexual, had his first relationship with a guy, and is surrounded by this culture that is by default bisexual and just came to the conclusion that sexual orientation isn't real. Same way a lot of straight dudes just "don't get" how a guy can be attracted to another guy. And John is straight so he knows from his own experience that that's not true, but he loves his friend and doesn't think there's anything wrong with being gay so he's just trying to be supportive.

From either person's perspective the other is just clueless, but they're good friends so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>89698780
I guess??? If that's what we were going for then the execution, in my opinion, was absolutely atrocious and leaned way too far in Dave's direction, much like how in Avengers Civil War they tease that you should pick a side but from the beginning it's clear by the circumstances that they've already decided who was ACTUALLY right.

I feel like what we should have done was gone more over the top with the presentation, with how it is now it feels less like a conversation and more like I'm actually reading a post from Tumblr, when I feel like it should have been more like a skit from some funnyman Youtuber, with over the top reactions and at least one of them yelling (preferably Dave) at some point near the end that they have no idea if any of this is actually true or if they're just making this up as they go along since there's no other remnants of humanity left to compare this to.
>>
>>89698780
that reading does improve the scene over all
anything to make dave sound less preachy desu
>>
File: d7.png (17KB, 627x411px) Image search: [Google]
d7.png
17KB, 627x411px
>>89696548
Here you go.
>>
>>89698780
>I kinda liked that scene

Alright, good to know I can disregard anything you say.
>>
File: africa voodoo priest english.jpg (231KB, 1112x1500px) Image search: [Google]
africa voodoo priest english.jpg
231KB, 1112x1500px
>>89699292
I can't say I really liked any post-retcon scene. Even the Dirk/Dave conversation felt sour. The very last conversation was just a bunch of callbacks.
>>
>>89699287
d a n g
>>
>>89699325
>Even the Dirk/Dave conversation felt sour.

>nobody mentions how fucking terrible the Rose/Roxy conversation was
After all those fucking years
>>
>>89696533
(Vriska) and Meenah sitting on Karkat's body while talking about lesbian fish things

and a crying Hussie and Nepeta in the background
>>
>>
i fucking love aradia

but you don't

ahahaha
>>
Tonight
>i dreamed hussie posted a video on some random day that was nothing but an animation by a fanartist. dave finds a bag of what look like senzu beans that allow them to all use a portal. they all say yeah in the same distorted humanistic male voice. then eri says no yeah or something. people wrote long breakdowns. in the aftercredits scene lord english walks forward in 2s or something from the chest up in painterly animation dressed in regalia. i watched the whole thing and the only problem was it says 11 minutes but looked like several. it may have been based on just a fancomic. the fanartists name was aftercube. i woke up for this
>oh yeah and it was called KeepOut
>>
>>89699358
to be fair nobody has cared about rose since act 5
>>
>>89699610
More specifically since after she went Grimdark
>>
>>89699663
She became an exposition dumping piece of melodrama the moment she blew up her first gate. She had a few good conversations in Act 5, but not many.
>>
File: d8.png (31KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
d8.png
31KB, 640x512px
>>89699455
>>
File: fba.gif (25KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
fba.gif
25KB, 650x450px
>>89700122
>Nepeta
God speed, little autist. God speed.
>>
File: d5.png (39KB, 484x1088px) Image search: [Google]
d5.png
39KB, 484x1088px
>>89696570
HERE YOU GO
>>89696859
This. If you ignore Kurloz or think of her sharing more aspects with the disciple, Meulin's too cute.
>>
>>89700147
>>
>>89696533
Several Vriskas beating up Karkat while Terezi, John, Kanaya and Hussie are aroused by this

It's my fetish

And Nepeta is there, too
>>
>>89700122
C u t e
>>
>>89700147
meta...
>>
>>89700147
Could you do nepeta with a large fat ass?

(also fantastic stuff so far)
>>
>>89700147
Draw Cohen ruining Homestuck
>>
>>89700191
don't be a greedy
>>
File: nepeta with fat ass.png (24KB, 832x735px) Image search: [Google]
nepeta with fat ass.png
24KB, 832x735px
>>89700296
Yes, yes I could. I'm not satisfied with the way this one turned out bleh. I might upload a colored version though.
>>89700268
THANK YOU.
>>89700191
Working on it. Idk if I will deliver in time.
>>
>>89700751
I LOVE YOU THANKS YES

PLEASE COLOR THAT GLORIOUS NEP BUTT YOU PERFECT BEING
>>
>>89700751
T H I C C
>>
>>89700572
There's an entire game about Cohen ruining Homestuck
>>
>>89700751
do you do nsfw?

it's okay if not
>>
File: 1327507344555.png (216KB, 401x400px) Image search: [Google]
1327507344555.png
216KB, 401x400px
>>
>>89695185
What the hell happened to Betel/Cindy Dominguez/Dee/Marie/whatever she goes by anyway? Did she just totally vanish in 2012 and never show up on the Internet again?
>>
>>89700835
Died alongside Hussie's interest in Jade.
>>
>>89700751
Shit, this is nice
>>
>>89700835
She moved on. See, Hussie was the one who broke off the relationship (don't know why). So he just up and gets another girl and she can only play nice for so long, ya dig?
>>
>>89700751
>KARKAT: "NO WAY, FAG!"
>>
File: nepeta with fat ass2.png (58KB, 907x737px) Image search: [Google]
nepeta with fat ass2.png
58KB, 907x737px
>>89700768
Here you go. I'll try more fat ass nepetas later.
>>89700810
Yeah. But as you can tell i'm super fucking slow.
>>89700572
How the hell does Cohen even look.
>>
>>89701107
Thank you so much
>>
File: nepeta laff.png (21KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
nepeta laff.png
21KB, 512x448px
>>89700913
>>89700978
>>89700788
>>89700768
Thanks, anons. I HATE THAT BULLSHIT CAPTCHA WHERE YOU SELECT AROUND THE SIGNS.
>>
>>89690288
Make Vriska the main character.
>>
>>89701142

Isn't she already?
>>
>>89701158
Not enough.
>>
>>89701127

Odd request, but can u draw a picture of Equius punching Gamzee. Preferably in a manner similar to Cap punching Hitler.
>>
File: d8b.jpg (125KB, 630x387px) Image search: [Google]
d8b.jpg
125KB, 630x387px
>>89701199

Shit, forgot picture.
>>
>>89690288
-Trolls all die all of them. Their role is that of a tragic failed session.
-No dreambubbles
-Alpha Kids are introduced earlier, around the same age as the original kids.
-No romance drama bullshit.
-Lord English behaves as an actual mob boss.
-Calliope/Caliborn are introduced a bit earlier too. Caliborn gets to interact with Doc Scratch at some point
-Jade is always barefoot
>>
File: d 1.png (19KB, 640x704px) Image search: [Google]
d 1.png
19KB, 640x704px
>>89701208
Sounds fun. I'll likely end up posting tomorrow if there's a thread though. If i'm fast maybe at the usual pace.
>>
>>89701238
-Jade is always barefoot
Your other points please me enough to permit you this shameless indulgence,
>>
>>89701107
Cohen looks like a cartoonish and offensive caricature of a modern young Jewish male. It's laughable how he has no self-awareness about it. Basically Jonah Hill with glasses.
>>
>>89696011
where2cop anon
>>
>>89690288
Introduce Caliborn and Calliope a little earlier so they're not out of fucking nowhere.
Give Cali/Calliope their own arc as well as the D!Ancestors so they're not shoehorned out of nowhere.
Make the Retcon changes actually strategic and meaningful instead of complete bullshit. Follow the dead kids and ghosts from [S] Gameover to make them plot-relevant instead of DUDE LMAO ULTIMATE SELVES.
Make the ending an hour long and the ridiculous aesthetic Frog-Universe hatching scene happen off-screen instead of LE's defeat. Wrap up every single plot-point, subarc and dangling thread in said hour flash and then give another hundred or 2 page epilogue to wrap things up even further and give an 8000+ page webcomic an actual ending instead of the non-ending anticlimax it got.

That's what I'd change. But really honestly,
>>89690493
>ACTUALLY SHOW HOW THEY TRIUMPH OVER LE IN THE FINAL FLASH HOLY FUCK
This is the biggest fuckup, spending the entire comic hyping up and developing LE and then skipping over him at the end completely was pretty weak hussie. Just give how LE is defeated like the other villains and the comic could've had a wrap. You don't even need to change the ENTIRE comic if you just did that and gave us a satisfying ending after Collide.
>>
>>89701190
I hope Hussie reboots Homestuck, but makes Vriska the main and only character
>>
>>89692151
The "Time Skips" (Hiatuses) out of comic and long breaks without updates did more damage to the comic the time skips in-comic.
>>
>>89695469
>You don't care about any of this "Homestuck" shit anymore and let some apparently funny Twitter man take over the whole thing.

I would debate the rest of your post but, this seems pretty much the most sufficient summary of what happened to Homestuck.

He gave up. Life happened. Said "Fuck this shit" and handed his magnum opus off to other people because he was beat down and tired of a thankless job and thankless fandom for an obscure batshit ridiculous series that he probably realized he's wasted the last several years of his life on.

I'd probably have cracked and done that same.
>>
>>89695783
>Remember, he's legitimately autistic, they have trouble communicating.
This is not a legitimate explanation to anything, he's at the minimum only as 'autistic' as your average 4channer and probably less so.
>>
>>89701454
Don't forget drugs. It is very likely Hussie was a prescription amphetamine popper.
>>
>>89696039
Most people choose to blame internet culture, like it must've been THE TUMBLRS, but has anyone considered that was a seriously creepy venting moment for Hussie?

Remember Dave is basically his self-insert. The implications that Dave was complaining about his Father figures treatment and lack of empathy (A year or 2 after Hussie's died no less) is kind of disturbing.
>>
>>89696590
Yeah. It wasn't really funny.
A better way of handling it would've just been Dave going like "Hey John guess what I'm a huge faggot k thnxk." And then wrapped about it hilariously like when Dave wrapped to Tavros. The comedy aspect is completely gone at that point and tone is all wrong, because the comic had gotten way too saturated in melodrama by that point.
>>
>>89701495
Yup! It is. Something fucking weird is up and he let it bleed into his work instead of dealing with it. That and this pathetic gold calf rant.
>>
>>89701528
I'm sorry, Gold Calf rant?
Are you referring to when he said "Homestuck is my cow to milk", because I think that was years before Homestuck reached it's true shark jumping point. (Not sure tho)
>>
File: Idiot.png (17KB, 929x212px) Image search: [Google]
Idiot.png
17KB, 929x212px
>>89701550
The milk rant yeah and that was where the comic DID start to jump. For me anyways. That rant didn't impress me.
>>
>>89701528
>gold calf
"Sacred cow" is the appropriate expression but that's close enough.
>>
File: equis pwned gamzee.png (33KB, 640x411px) Image search: [Google]
equis pwned gamzee.png
33KB, 640x411px
>>89701199
>>89701208
Here you go, anon. I forgot to add the honk.
>>
File: equis pwned gamzee.png (34KB, 640x411px) Image search: [Google]
equis pwned gamzee.png
34KB, 640x411px
>>89701722
Made some minor edits. I'm also still tempted to buy that one fan archive book.
>>
>>89695715
Taking Karkat's cock gave him brain damage....
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mr95i3Zmld1qz4rgp.gif (21KB, 249x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mr95i3Zmld1qz4rgp.gif
21KB, 249x333px
>>89701722

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks so much 4 doing my request.
>>
File: 1467356724642.gif (21KB, 282x504px) Image search: [Google]
1467356724642.gif
21KB, 282x504px
>>89701781
No problem, guy. Happy you enjoy my doodles.
>>
>>89701722
Nice

Draw Jade/Davepeta with jade waifufags in a puddle of tears
>>
>>89701886
no

draw davepeta screamlaughing at it tears its own face off only to reveal nepeta underneath
>>
>>89701886
>wanting shipping wars

That's how you kill off Homestuck artists.

See the case with artist shamefur-dispray being forced to draw Karkat having his waifus stolen and getting cuckolded by Vriska multiple times.
>>
>>89701984
He was also forced to draw Dave and Karkat fucking too.
>>
File: d9.png (10KB, 329x391px) Image search: [Google]
d9.png
10KB, 329x391px
:33< Goodnight guys. THIS WAS REALLY FUN.
>>89701886
Eh...
>>89701916
That sounds really fucking funny. I'll be sure to remind myself to draw that tomorrow. Or at least later today I should say.
>>89701984
Also this anon gets it.
>>
Drawfags make every thread better.
>>
>>89701886
idiot
>>
>>89698380
>rationalist-adjacent
I imagine this is how a Freemason feels when he bumps into another Freemason in a faraway land.
>>
>>89696533
Good job, anon. I wish I could doodle decently like you. Drawing is always painstaking work for me (or the drawing turns out shit). Do you have any tips on how to doodle?
>>
>>89698380
>>89702269
I can definitely recommend the Northern Caves, it even has a BKEW inspired expy, and is loosely based on Homestuck in general
>>
>made bloodswaps years and years ago
>recycled them into actual fun characters for stories and other projects

It's nice to have and practice writing chops. You never have too many characters, and nobody has to go to waste.
>>
>>89702343
Practice, practice. Take time to look at artists you like and try copying/checking out their tutorials. I am shit at drawing but I like drawing for /co/ and occasional upload serious attempts on websites. I am trying to get a tablet but right now just do my digital shit with a mouse. Total pain. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>89702349
Have you read Floornight?
>>
>>89702535
No, sell it to me if you don't mind? I've got tons of stuff to read.
>>
>>89702543
I haven't read past chapter two yet, I'm afraid. I've been meaning to. Those who have read both it and The Northern Caves generally say The Northern Caves is better. I was wondering if you'd recommend it.
>>
>>89702623
Then it's probably not worth it. Nostalgebraist is a very limited writer, Northern Caves was just designed to work in spite of his flaws so it worked pretty well.
>>
>>89702637
Well, if I ever read it I'll post in a Homestuck thread if it was worth it. He's apparently working on a new thing, though. We'll see how it turns out.
>>
File: intense staredown.gif (9KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
intense staredown.gif
9KB, 650x450px
I literally just finished reading Homestuck yesterday

Thought the ending was cool and sweet, but the way that LE got 'defeated' was really unsatisfying.

Any other reasons to hate the series? Did I miss out on a lot of the experience by reading it after it had already been finished?

Also, when do the events in Calliborn's claymation puppet show happen? After he sends that selfie to John? What exactly did that ultimate weapon that Vriska used do in the final battle? What is Hiveswap going to be about?
>>
Vriska is the 8est.
>>
File: LilCalTimeline.png (295KB, 1280x966px) Image search: [Google]
LilCalTimeline.png
295KB, 1280x966px
>>89702956
>Any other reasons to hate the series? Did I miss out on a lot of the experience by reading it after it had already been finished?
For me, the only real sore point is how the Retcon removed tons of interesting character development. Karkat suffer the most of it, imo.

And the ending that seemed rushed to a lesser extent, especially has further story development could have fixed my first sore point.

Other than that, it(s not an issue for me, but many complained) people threw a tantrum when they saw the eventuality that Dave might (maybe) be bi. But i never considered the sexuality or shipping he main point of this comic, so it's not an issue to me.

>Also, when do the events in Calliborn's claymation puppet show happen?
That is part of the criticism with the rushed ending. We just don't know. Some assume that it hasn't happened yet and that is why John is staying alone; in reparation of this inevitable fight.

Unrelated, but have fun looking at this chart.
>>
File: 2x nigger.gif (61KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
2x nigger.gif
61KB, 500x461px
>>89702968
Fuck off spiderbitch we know it's you.
>>
>>89703028
By the retcon you mean when John stopped Vriska from being killed right? I mean, I thought that was a cool idea but we could have got more development from it than just a slideshow of what they got up to at the time, it felt like the characters did a lot of completely different development for three years and we barely got to see any of it
>>
>>89696644
>but at no point during the final third of the story, either before or after the glitched reset, do Rose and Jade even share a single line of meaningful dialogue!
They barely did before the reset. IIRC, someone went through all of the dialogue between Rose and Jade and concluded that it'd be completely normal for someone to read the comic and think that they weren't friends at all, because of how little they actually seemed to enjoy talking to each other (and how little they actually talked).
>>
File: GameOverAndBlowedLOWAS2.png (93KB, 1344x900px) Image search: [Google]
GameOverAndBlowedLOWAS2.png
93KB, 1344x900px
>>89703137
Yes.
And that's the main (valid) issue people have against homestuck.

Nice cute ending, but it seemed like it could have been better.

Incidentally, did you have fun with the part where everyone get candied?
>>
>>89703224
I thought it was perplexing and kind of funny in an absurd and meta sort of way. I can imagine it was infuriating when it was coming out page by page though
>>
>>89703028
>the Retcon removed
but it's still there. we're talking about it. visual comic etc etc
>>
>>89703294
The character at the end didn't go through the develoment we saw them go through before the retcon.

Well, some did, like Rosesprite^2 who come from pre-retcon and Terezi, who merged with all of her memory, including the one from pre-retcon. But it barely mattered in the end.
>>
>>89703252

Keep in mind that the retcon shit also happened right in the middle of a series of months-to-years long breaks that killed all momentum several times.
>>
Are people still bitter about davekat? It's been almost two years since it became canon in Vriskagram.
>>
>>89703436
Even in Vriskagram it was only confirmed from Karkat's perspective.
>>
File: Kids_and_Fun_by_pigbuster.png (369KB, 906x1923px) Image search: [Google]
Kids_and_Fun_by_pigbuster.png
369KB, 906x1923px
>>89703320
We still learned more about the character even if the character doesn't remember. It's about the relationship between figures in the story and the reader. The fourth wall is already permeated.
>>
File: master ruseman.png (15KB, 404x328px) Image search: [Google]
master ruseman.png
15KB, 404x328px
>>89701563
>Writefags are upset by honest facts
Careful there, you got salt all your your 5000+ pages Naruto fanfic.
>>
>>89703436
>Are people still bitter about Karkat becoming dave's bitch and support character #2
Yes
>>
File: Arara.png (23KB, 728x520px) Image search: [Google]
Arara.png
23KB, 728x520px
>>89699556
Wrong!
>>
>>89703454
>It's about the relationship between figures in the story and the reader.
It's also about the character themselves. If the development is lost on them, then it was for naught and interesting aspect of them are removed of their current state. The character are lessened by it.
>>
File: cool and new web comic.png (146KB, 795x793px) Image search: [Google]
cool and new web comic.png
146KB, 795x793px
>>89701339
She is v8ry im8ort8nt.
>>
>>89703448
Are you saying davekat was only one-sided in vriskagram?
>>
>>89703598
Yes.
>>
>>89703611
Sounds like wishful thinking desu
>>
>>89703448
Viskagram didn't even confirm anything.
>>
File: 0h_y0ure_alive.png (160KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
0h_y0ure_alive.png
160KB, 700x500px
>>89703532
>>
File: you must be STONED or something.jpg (41KB, 425x333px) Image search: [Google]
you must be STONED or something.jpg
41KB, 425x333px
If I had a penny for every Davekat post you guys make...
>>
>>89703696
2 months then you will be rich when nussie forces it for good and getting his money back
>>
>>89703737
It'll be OT3 with Jade sandwiched between them and getting dp'ed. :^) I can't wait to see the tumblr davekat fangirls cry.
>>
File: timetables-2.jpg (150KB, 568x560px) Image search: [Google]
timetables-2.jpg
150KB, 568x560px
>>89703696
here, have a penny from 2010.
>>
>>89703776
>OT3
that's even worse
>>
>>89703915
It's either that or straight-up davekat, and I'd rather take down the shitty fangirls along with me. Gives us some premium salt to look forward to.
>>
File: 1460987884799.gif (8KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
1460987884799.gif
8KB, 650x450px
is karkat still shit........?
>>
>>89690288
I'd take all the pages, then I'd randomise them and see if anybody actually notices
>>
File: 1467707247620.png (659KB, 1280x1634px) Image search: [Google]
1467707247620.png
659KB, 1280x1634px
>>
File: wow.png (74KB, 428x466px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
74KB, 428x466px
>>89693916
>hussie hired a tweet man because he saw a tweet
>when he could've hired the Wizard's Glyph Theory-ist
>>
>>89704585
To hst: How would you fix Karkat's arc?
>>
File: 1384446925482.png (453KB, 1226x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1384446925482.png
453KB, 1226x1444px
>>
>>89706486
t. Wizard Glyph

Fuck off, no one cares about you nor likes you and you will never achieve the meme status that you want
>>
>>89706500
Have him suck Vriska's 8ulge.
>>
>>89698380
What is a rationalist-adjacent? Forgive the stupidity of the question, but Google actually doesn't make anything clearer to me.
>>
>>89701238
Why is Jade always barefoot
>>
>>89708910
Someone whose head has disappeared up their own ass.
>>
>>89692065
This.
>>
>>89692065
>Seriously, you didn't need anything more.

That applies to every character's arc
>>
>>89709320
This. Act 5.2 concluced pretty much everyone in a good way, minus parental conversations.
Hussie just dragged shit out with Rose becoming an alcoholic, Dave becoming gay, Karkat becoming a weenie, etc.
>>
>>89709464
I think the main issue here is that literally everyone who had some kind of issue they needed sorted had some kind of internal struggle, while pretty much everything that was an external struggle was either swept under the rug, skipped past without showing us how they solved it, or resolved by everyone just not talking about it anymore.

Every character became incredibly insular, and the only reason any of them talked to each other anymore was to vent about their own issues to each other.
>>
I made a Homestuck thread the other day and it got 404ed. Fuck mods
Still haven't finished it yet. I forgot how much a chore the walls of text are
>>
>>89709816
It's not mods, it's one janitor who is on specific times of the day. He hates anti-Davekat posting too.
>>
>>89709892
You'd think there'd be consequences for waving your janitalia around wantonly and deleting whatever you don't like without a justifiable reason.
>>
>>89708986
>Why isn't Jade always barefoot

I don't know man but it sucks
>>
Rose: intellect or pseudo intellect?
>>
>>89710027
Depends on the subject.
>>
>Knight of Light
How fucked am I mentally? I have zero friends.
>>
>>89709955
I'd rather her go commando all the time
>>
Make the trolls actual aliens and not just gray humans.
...heck theres so much i would change id be better making my own revised fanventure, what andrew should be doing.
>>
File: john.png (7KB, 584x440px) Image search: [Google]
john.png
7KB, 584x440px
>>89706847
rude
>>
>>
File: 72960a2ebcc09410b75d62a78888f207.png (320KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
72960a2ebcc09410b75d62a78888f207.png
320KB, 1000x1000px
>>89696120
>>89702349
Thank you guys for suggesting The Northern Caves, it's very good.
>"I like you, AssMan," he said, swaying forward suddenly. His left hand, having dropped the pill bottle, slammed against my shoulder.
>>
>>89708910
people who associate with rationalists without really being rationalists, though the line between the two groups is blurry
>>
>>89708910
Someone who has kept their sanity and doesn't take untested "confirmed" "rational techniques" like lesswrong too seriously.
>>
>>89709951
Mods don't care
>>
File: 1353897291906.png (197KB, 497x893px) Image search: [Google]
1353897291906.png
197KB, 497x893px
>>
Which Homestuck human girl is the sexiest?
>>
>>89703676
Can you belive that this faggot horseshit had the very first kiss depicted in the comic?
>>
>>89713712
Jade, canonically
>>
>>89713712
Mom
>>
>>89710068
But that's the thing then. Talking about your subject of knowledge is one thing,but if you go on about any subject regardless of if you know it or not would be pseudo, yeah?
>>
File: rosepoint2color.png (18KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
rosepoint2color.png
18KB, 500x700px
>>
>>89713880
If you can't find that special someone.... build that special someone.
>>
>>89714361
Am currently doing so. She can write (with difficulty) and wheel around. I don't have the funding for much else right now, but one day.
>>
>>89713712
>>89713976
This or Roxy.
>>
>>89713712
Jade is so sexy she turned a gay man straight
>>
>>89713712
Rose
>>
>>89714616
It's hard to compare Mom and Roxy fairly because Mom doesn't have dialogue and while she's older and milfier she doesn't get to express nearly as much personality as a result.
>>
>>89714743
She's only early 30s anyway. She was Roxy's age when she found Rose. She just looks milfy cause that's how Rose sees her.
>>
>>89714850
>She just looks milfy cause that's how Rose sees her
My goodness, the Freudian ecstasy
>>
What was the point of the Breath Aspect again?
>>
>>89714850
I wish we got a look at all the kids as adults
>>
>>89715082
Jade's massive breasts dragging her down
>>
https://archiveofourown.org/works/2171352?view_adult=true

I love Jane!
>>
File: 46185.jpg (385KB, 560x800px) Image search: [Google]
46185.jpg
385KB, 560x800px
>>89715082
We'll have to make do with what we can make up.
>>
>>89715167
>https://archiveofourown.org/works/2171352?view_adult=true
>Geist
And filtered
>>
>>89711001
Actually, scratch that, it got pretty underwhelming by the end.
>>
>>89715082
We did, minus Jade.
Hussie was afraid of confirming she'd have huge titties.
>>
File: Grandma_English_and_little_Jake.jpg (430KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
Grandma_English_and_little_Jake.jpg
430KB, 600x889px
>>
>>89715167
>girls getting fucked while wearing nothing but an apron
god damn does that get me hard
>>
So where the fuck is the game cunts?
>>
>>89715201
Why?
>>
>>89716160
the game cunts is my favorite sex-positive feminist youtube lets play channel
>>
Post Jade already
>>
>>89715167
>barely any Jane/John, Jake/Jade, Rose/Roxy fics
>but way more Dave/Dirk than the universe needs
Fucking tumblr.
>>
File: fat tits and fat face.jpg (668KB, 1280x1719px) Image search: [Google]
fat tits and fat face.jpg
668KB, 1280x1719px
>>89716696
>>
I've never read homestuck, is it worth it? Can you give me a summary?
>>
>>89717227
It's not worth it. There are better pieces of media to experience.
>>
>>89717227
>Can you give me a summary?
uhhhh a bunch of shit happens but none of it really matters because it was all predestined anyway and everything that people do isn't as important as what they might have done if circumstances were different
>>
>>89717227
>Can you give me a summary?
a story that starts of mundane and whimsical but possesses an exponentially expanding scope the likes of which is seen in very few works of fiction outside utterly batshit crossover fanfiction.

it's also steeped in pop culture and iddioms that are rapidly becoming irrelevant so you're better off reading it sooner than later if you're gonna read it at all.

the first act is just gags based on how frustrating adventure games like Zork and Kings Quest can be, so if you're not familiar with what that's like a lot of the jokes can go over your head and come across as a hundred pages of nothing happening.
>>
>>89717227
Not worth. Video game affects real life and kids have to win it to save the universe (?)
>>
>>89716696
what kinda jade
>>
File: 183476190132483756427.jpg (41KB, 562x420px) Image search: [Google]
183476190132483756427.jpg
41KB, 562x420px
>tfw I read most of (I think) Homestuck but in like 2014 long past it being the biggest thing ever and stopped at one point and never picked it up again

I think I stopped when there was a screen showing that island with the volcano on it and it showed where all the characters were location wise, the comic was on break then and I never continued.

Comic was cool, I liked most of the characters and stories and the music was sweet as hell but it mostly confused me and left me feeling like "alright." I think there was a great loss having showed up so late into the game.

I'm sad it ended and apparently was disappointing overall.
>>
File: 1455499620106.png (2MB, 2800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1455499620106.png
2MB, 2800x2000px
>>89717227
>>
>>89717689
I just started crying

Andrew should be put on trial for what he did to this comic
>>
So are there any other good webcomics that are doing interesting things with the medium? I always hoped that Homestuck would inspire others to do interesting things with the format.
>>
>>89717665
Sounds like you quit just before Game Over.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008752

It might be worth continuing just to see Game Over, then stop right there and pretend there's nothing after that.
>>
>>89717891
Toad and Spoon is what you're looking for, but, uh

How do I put this? Finding it is part of that novelty format, and we're not supposed to just tell you where it is.
>>
>>89717763
This comic reminds me of Arc-V. Except I still like Arc-V while Homestuck screwed me over harder.

So basically, it's more like Evangelion
>>
>>89717689
This pic was always stupid
I can do a collage of SU/RWBYs serious/gore moments but it wont make reader demography older or more mature. Maybe get some notes on tumblr.

>>89717915
GO breaks a lot of continuity rules i think hes better this way.
>>
>>89717891
Ava's Demon and Dear Children copy the format of Homestuck, Prequel is apparently similar to Homestuck in its structure.
>>
>>89718031
How was Arc-V in comparison to the other Yu-Gi-Oh series anyway? Never got around to seeing it after dropping Zexal.
>>
>>89717227
a bunch of kids play a game. meanwhile, a workplace dresscode dispute results in the death of billions, and later an autistic child attempts the hardest challenge in existence. also meaningless drama, crazy shit happening, and a massive drop-off in quality for the last quarter of the comic
>>
>>89718084
>Prequel is apparently similar to Homestuck in its structure
Including the all-consuming hiatuses
>>
>>89718084
They only copy if you think the ==> arrows are what the format consist of.

>>89718130
Shit but a wild ride
>>
>>89717915
That was pretty cool, I didn't understand a lot of what was going on but it was neat. Dave's fight was awesome.
I don't remember Areana (that's how you spell her name right) having such OP powers but it has been a while.
>>
>>89718182
True enough. I guess you could say Kidd Radd originated the trend of the whole "one panel at a time" thing.
>>
>>89718130
Zexal actually gets better.

Ahem, about Arc-V: it was awesome. IT. WAS. FUCKING AWESOME.

Emphasis on ''was''. The first 50 episodes were great. Shit went crazy and hit the fan, basically there were things no one expected and it just kept getting better and better... till episode 50.

From there on, they enter the Synchro arc, they travel to Neo Domino City and plot starts getting stale and progression gets really slow, though it was still good.

Then, after the 102th episode or so, it gets bad. It starts really getting bad. All expectations and the hypes start to die down when Aster Phoenix appears, which is the biggest sign that they stopped caring. Like, out of NOWHERE they stop caring about the show.

Aster is completely different from how he was in GX, and from there on every single character gets their developement till that point thrown out of the window, it gets rushed and stupid, they actually regress from worse than who they are on the start and oh god, how bad it becomes.

Everything that was built up till that point crumbles and goes to shit. They started calling the series the ''Evangelion of Card Games'' and that is not even the beginning. I could explain everything, but it would spoil everything.
>>
>>89718356
>Emphasis on ''was''. The first 50 episodes were great. Shit went crazy and hit the fan, basically there were things no one expected and it just kept getting better and better... till episode 50.
So it's another 5D's.
>>
>>89718388
Yup. And made by the same guy that made 5D's, reason why it went to true shit after its 5Ds arc ended
>>
>>89718388
Better than 5D's at its best, then worse than 5D's at its worse.

Reason why you shouldn't hire 5D's director for more than 2 seasons
>>
>>
>>89718586
Gross.
>>
>>
>>89717575
peachy
>>
>>89719190
?
>>
>>89719212
Bet you don't even have a source
>>
File: bark bark bark.jpg (358KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
bark bark bark.jpg
358KB, 1280x960px
>>89719335
I have all sources. The question is why would I give it to you, a person who is so dishonest they can't even ask me for the source outright.
>>
>>89717575
Thicc
>>
File: jade but slightly chubby.png (113KB, 318x509px) Image search: [Google]
jade but slightly chubby.png
113KB, 318x509px
>>89719449
>>
>>89719416
P-Please give me the source?
>>
>>89719464
Nice
More?
>>
File: chubb pup.png (143KB, 330x503px) Image search: [Google]
chubb pup.png
143KB, 330x503px
>>89719567
>>
>>89719525
sent ;)
>>
>>89719212
>Posting pics of the worst girl
>>
>>89703117
REKT
>>
>>89704585
Always and forever
>>
File: chubby puppy belly kisses.png (124KB, 462x339px) Image search: [Google]
chubby puppy belly kisses.png
124KB, 462x339px
>>89719982
I'm not posting rose pics though, did you want me to?
>>
File: 1387337378412.gif (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1387337378412.gif
54KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 6WVnRoT.gif (133KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
6WVnRoT.gif
133KB, 650x450px
>>89717891
I recommend Fortuna.
http://mspfanventures.com/?s=3646
It doesn't have fancy Flash pages, but there's GIF animation and multi-layered story.
>>
>>89719212
Source?
>>
It Ernies.
>>
File: GAS GAS GAS.png (251KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
GAS GAS GAS.png
251KB, 900x600px
I feel like the only reason I want Hiveswap to come out is to laugh at how shit it is and then make a diss track about how shitty and incompetent Andrew Hussie is.

And I don't even know how to rap.
>>
>>89721883
But what if it doesn't suck?

Oh who am I kidding this is 4chan, even if it's great y'all will find something nitpicky to tear it apart over.
>>
>>89721926
While I usually appreciate a bit of optimisism, this entire production has been a disaster, filled with missed release dates and flatout lies.

Actually, instead of just calling you a faggot, I'll ask you a question - what on earth makes you think it can be good? Can't be the Creative Director/Head Writer/Scapegoat AKA some guy Hussie met on twitter. Can't be that wonky animation budget. Can't be its stunning one and a half hour length.

The only thing it has going for it is music - and music ain't enough to save a project.
>>
>>89721926
if there's any good to be found in Hiveswap, it's not going to be in the first installment

episodic releases just mean we're going to spend the whole time being introduced to the setting before it gets canceled
>>
>>89722023
From my experience with Telltale the first episode will make a lot of people gush about it since they'll subconciously think the story is exactly what [their imaginary homestuck fanfiction] is, and the disappointment will only begin to become pronounced as the new episodes trickle in and the mediocrity is established.
>>
>>89722069
Broken Age was only two episodes though, right? Hiveswap is going to be eight, and god knows whether it's going to be one month or six between each episode.
>>
>>89721993
>>89722023
It's not a matter of optimism, I'm just not one of those people that jumps on a hype train one way or the other in general. Sure I have general expectations but I'll make my final decisions when I actually sit down and play it for myself, especially since I was one of the backers at a level where I'll get the entire game for "free".
>>
>>89722136
>especially since I was one of the backers at a level where I'll get the entire game for "free".
Actually, this only applies to Episode 1 now, doesn't it?
>>
>>89722221
No thankfully Hussie said they get all of it. Then again, he's said a lot of things...
>>
>>89722221
AFAIK there hasn't been any official word on it since this:
http://mspaintadventures.com/KSupdate.html

basically it's going to be two games, four episodes each, so you get the first four episodes for free
>>
File: literallyyou.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
literallyyou.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
>>89722136
>It's not a matter of optimism, I'm just not one of those people that jumps on a hype train one way or the other in general.
>>
>>89722259
Oh, did he? That's different.

Why did he lie about so many things? Why don't they get to beta test it? Why did he have some other dude write all of it--all of it!?
>>
>>89722288
Because he's depressed and in over his head. Though I lost all sympathy when he made a studio in fucking Manhattan like dude what
>>
>>89722270
I unironically agree with the strawman in this comic
>>
>>89722307
well I gotta give you credit, you're very determined when it comes to not having convictions
>>
>>89722270
>>89722307
As do I, at least when it comes to things like works of fiction and the like. Although I don't really know if that qualifies as "centrism" or if it's more like "wait and see-ism"
>>
>>89722307
At this point knowing Hiveswap will be a huge failure isn't a matter of convictions, it's survival instinct. Even a snake would run the fuck away from it.
>>
>>89722341
this isn't a failure to "wait and see" this like seeing the preview of Zoolander 2 and already knowing that it's gonna suck
>>
>>89722341
It means you're a pussy. Never wrong, but never right. No bitterness of defeat, but no sweet wine of victory. Might as well just remove your frontal lobe now
>>
>>89722372
I'll just save my wine for something that matters, like anime.
>>
>>89722463
Deku dies in thirty chapters and is replaced by Ochako. Kamina Simon type of deal.

Boom. Predicted the future of your weeb cartoon. All with my big manly balls unafraid to be wrong.
>>
File: image.png (163KB, 754x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163KB, 754x352px
>>89722463
>>
although I regret contributing to the kickstarter, I'm getting the game for free so obviously I'm going to play it

but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it now and speculate about exactly how shitty it's going to be based on observable data

if whatpumpkin didn't want us to think that this project is a trainwreck, well, maybe they should have given some kind of excuse, any excuse for being late by two years

I can always change my opinion later (but I probably won't)
>>
>>89722522
Hah, joke's on you, I'm only watching monstergirl animes and Tiger Mask W this season.
>>
>>89722612
maidragon > demichan
>>
>>89722654
I feel weird comparing/contrasting maidragon and a normal high schooler. It's like trying to put Luffy up against Yusuke Urameshi in a vs, the power levels are completely different.
>>
>>89694988

Christ on cracker, this is like finding a photograph of the Rosetta stone.
>>
File: d10.png (38KB, 512x424px) Image search: [Google]
d10.png
38KB, 512x424px
Hey guys. I'm around if you want a crude/shitty doodle request.
>>
>>89723174
Soccer mom Jade
>>
>>89722354
I want you to be right but there are a great many people who are still excited to play it, they just aren't around here on 4chan. I'm going to be disappointed if it makes a profit and validates all of Hussie's lies and bad decisions.
>>
>>89723174
Caliborn getting mad at a video game he's playing
>>
>>89695059
Where'd you find it, anon? Google gets me nothing
>>
>>89723708
http://www.thebookpatch.com/BookStore/homestuck-general---gristmas-2016/09ed5b42-042a-413a-a8d9-7724eb6cf597
>>
File: 1374621514353.png (436KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1374621514353.png
436KB, 1280x1024px
>>89723174
more stoned nep
>>
File: d11.png (16KB, 467x388px) Image search: [Google]
d11.png
16KB, 467x388px
>>89723208
My attempt.
>>89723334
>>89723890
Sounds fun.
>>
>>89724338
Why is Dave a manlet
>>
>>89723174
Mindfang, Aranea and Vriska bullying (Vriska)
>>
>>89723174
>tfw Nep artist forgot your doodle request
O-okay...
>>
File: mad cali.png (18KB, 512x349px) Image search: [Google]
mad cali.png
18KB, 512x349px
>>89724347
I don't know, man. He's getting lectured over how filthy that Mad Snacks Yo game is.
>>89724761
Maybe. So many fucking spiders.
>>89724821
Which one was it? Is Nep artist my title? I dig it.
>>
>>89725254
that's great man, thanks
>>
>>89723174
a cute kanaya please!
>>
>>89725254
The several Vriskas bullying Karkat with a random Nep in the background

But I guess >>89724761 this guy also had the same idea
>>
>>
File: 1327254392302.png (76KB, 454x385px) Image search: [Google]
1327254392302.png
76KB, 454x385px
>>
All this time and we still technically never got an answer for why trolls have boobs.
>>
>>89721926
even if it comes out and has literally no flaws, its still one eighth of the complete package and released years after it was due
>>
File: kanny.png (14KB, 384x447px) Image search: [Google]
kanny.png
14KB, 384x447px
>>89725600
I might color and upload it if I can later. Here's my attempt at cute Kan for you, anon.
>>89725629
I started a sketch for it but it was kinda of a bigger mess than usual.
>>
>>89726001
It's going to be at least as good and well liked as Undertale, which was universally considered the best game of 2016.
>>
i miss homestuck, but idk what I'd want. Probably something with sollux and vriska. they got precious little time together as my favorite characters.
>>
>>89726064
>It's going to be at least as good and well liked as Undertale, which was universally considered the best game of 2016.
>>
>>89724347
He's into women taller than him
>>
File: nepeta high.png (17KB, 512x507px) Image search: [Google]
nepeta high.png
17KB, 512x507px
>>89723890
>>
File: 1373593036500.png (643KB, 908x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1373593036500.png
643KB, 908x1036px
>>89726434
>karkat is such a weenie he's too scared to try drugs
what a shitty 90's kid
>>
File: katnip.png (15KB, 958x406px) Image search: [Google]
katnip.png
15KB, 958x406px
>>
>>89715292
I felt the same way about it
It was interesting for the first half, then the narrator's prose became extremely tedious
>>
>You will see the fith season of samurai jack before hiveswap comes out
Lmao
>>
>>89726842
Can we make a definitive list of things that happened before Hiveswap was released? I know the Liru game finally came out for starters.
>>
File: d13.png (13KB, 404x320px) Image search: [Google]
d13.png
13KB, 404x320px
Sorry to the spiders I haven't delivered yet. I am also doodling other stuff. ANYWAY, g'night guys.
>>89726713
I bet you he has the fucking troll equivalent of a D.A.R.E shirt somewhere.
>>
>>89726992
Good night! Hope you dream about Neps and Cats and spiders
>>
Roxy > Rose > Jane > Jade
>>
>>89690288
Remove trolls. Story is about the kids. Story ends in half the time.
>>
>>89726895
>things announced before Hiveswap came out
>Samurai Jack Season Five
>FLCL Season 2
>Kingdom Hearts 3
>Twin Peaks Season 4
>Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 9
>>
>>89728788
wasn't it supposed to come out last month? Do we even have a set date?
>>
>>89729314
Set date was last month lol
>>
>"You don't need him"
What did Terezi mean with this?
>>
File: cosmos2.png (561KB, 808x1180px) Image search: [Google]
cosmos2.png
561KB, 808x1180px
>>89714986
>>
File: jade_16-bit.png (25KB, 774x620px) Image search: [Google]
jade_16-bit.png
25KB, 774x620px
Thread posts: 442
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.