[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

File: KFP3.png (657KB, 511x600px) Image search: [Google]
KFP3.png
657KB, 511x600px
What went wrong?
>>
They were worried 2 was too edgy but overcompensated by making 3 too silly.
>>
Boring villain.
>>
>>89690248
hadouken
>>
>>89690248
>Fight scenes had no weight
>Story progression was much more coincidental than the other two and weaker for it
>Villain was straight up boring in comparison to the other two
>They used that really stupid 'I'll give the badguy ALL of the superpower that he's been absorbing this whole time and it'll work this time!' ending and really gutted the finale as a result
>The gags were extremely repetitive.

It's not a terrible movie, but it is by far one of the weakest and worst.
>>
>>89690324
Kai really should have been a dark version of Oogway than just a magical version of Tai Lung.

Someone that shows wisdom and peace with oneself can lead you in the opposite direction, like a negative form of enlightenment.
>>
It was fine until the panda village. The premise was okay, they just utterly ruined the film with obese-retard-land.
>>
Both HTTYD 2 and KFP2 didn't do as much as they wanted and they blamed it on them being "darker"

So both HTTYD3 and KFP3 were scaled back to be "lighter"

I mean fuck, the crux of the conflict of HTTYD3 is fucking "Toothless finds a girlfriend and now has to pick between getting his dick wet or Hiccup"
>>
>>89690619
>the crux of the conflict of HTTYD3 is fucking "Toothless finds a girlfriend and now has to pick between getting his dick wet or Hiccup"
The third film is going to bomb in comparison to the first two, isn't it?
>>
>>89690576

>When you become one with the universe, feel it's light, it's energy, it's people
>You realise one thing
>Such objects, such luxuries, are fleeting and pointless
>There is no difference between you and a bonfire in the energy you hold. Yet while the bonfire must vanish, you stay and are allowed to affect the world
>Your naive ideas of good and evil don't exist. There is only energy and force, and those with the power to use them
>These ideas of good didn't stop Oogway from imprisoning me for years, nor did my ideas of evil help me escape any quicker
>So tell me panda, why should I care about these people, when they are no more important than a withering flame?

For the record, I do actually like the film, though it's not the best in the series.
>>
File: panda surprise.jpg (16KB, 301x322px) Image search: [Google]
panda surprise.jpg
16KB, 301x322px
The movie wasnt serious in any way, and everything returns to status quo at the end.

There was no sacrifice. It was a perfect PG rating happy ending with nothing bad happening ever.
>>
>The pandas and everyone suddenly discover Chi powers with no training
>Main retard suddenly discovers chi powers and then is made boss of the jade hut

is the message of the film "Don't worry, some people just have it handed to them"?
>>
>>89690615
It was also boring every time it went back there. Like some shitty hub world in a game but in a movie instead.
>>
>>89690783
Literally yes.
In fact, they make so that the only reason Oogway picked Po to be the Dragon Warrior is because he knew from experience that Pandas are naturally talented at Chi.
>>
>>89690714
>"When will you realize the more you take the less you have?"
>"All is a cycle of taking. The flower takes in the sun, the fish takes in the water, the mortal takes in the very air. I've ascended to take in life itself."
>>
pretty hard to top Shen
>>
>>89690248
It changed the whole feel of the mystical elements of the lore to make them feel more like Western-fantasy wizards. There was a lot of stuff like that, like comparing the Jade warriors to "zombies", but the biggest one was how they interpreted Chi, making it basically just like spellcasting, rather than what we saw with Oogway and Tai Lung striking pressure points with specific hits. Also
>>89690783
In both of the previous films, I felt like Po was learnig something, or earning some important point of his progression. In this one, it felt like he got gifted some radically new superpower without a lesson or training or hard work justifying it.
>>
>>89690248
Nothing.

People just need to enjoy a fucking movie and not take it too seriously. It's a fun movie and while it wasn't anywhere near the greatness of the first 2 movies, it's still a good movie.
>>
>>89690910
Pretty much this
>>
>>89690714
Whilst I think the movie was fine on its own, this would have made Kai an infinitely more meaningful character.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>89690248
>What went wrong?

KFP2's ending.
>>
>>89690783
>Oogway changes his tone from "There is no special ingredient, anyone can become a master" to "the universe CHOSE YOU to be the dragon warrior and also to find your dad.
>>
>>89691730
But it wasn't fun and it wasn't good.
>>
>>89692016
I liked it though. Not as much as the other two, but I enjoyed the story of Po and his dad reuniting
>>
>>89692016
It was definitely good, but unlike 1 & 2 it wasn't anything special.
>>
>>89690248
I have actually thought hard about this.
And the conclusion I have arrived to is that since half the movie was actually kind of made in china a world apart from the original team, it was no wonder it ended up real convoluted at its best, and a real frigging mess at its worst.
And I really wanted to like it, since I love the other two, but it just didn't do it for me.
>>
>>89691730
>People just need to enjoy a fucking movie
Why should I enjoy things I dont like?
>>
>>89690324
And stupid ass-pull resolution. EVERYBODY can use chi now? How do you follow THAT?! Next movie, the 5 would have to either get transformations, super-speed, or flight.
>>
>>89690701
Or: Toothless chooses to get his dick wet by putting it IN Hiccup.
>>
>>89690909
I think the chi thing was to invert that, right? Cuz it was about giving?
>>
HOW 2 FIX FILAM:

ALL OF PANADAS AND EVRYBOODY WHO USEED THE CHY POWER TO RESBURECT THE PAMDA TRY TO USE THEIR CHIA POWERS AGIN BUT THEY DONT WORK SO THAT THEY CAN'T USE THEM FOR FLAGRANT WORTHLESS PORPOISES LIKE MAKE OF FIREWAKR SPRAY WEE
>>
>>89692584
>EVERYBODY can use chi now
Nobody said everybody couldn't use chi
People just forgot how to do it
>>
The Five continue to be pushed to the side for other pointless characters.
>>
>>89692514
Your like a critic when it comes to movies. Don't think hard about movies and just watch them without thinking about anything. When I watch movies I don't think about anything
>>
File: KFP Po TIgeress trainning.jpg (473KB, 700x1022px) Image search: [Google]
KFP Po TIgeress trainning.jpg
473KB, 700x1022px
Question, did the movie even do good?
>>
>>89693102
Jackie Chan shows up to say three lines.
>>
>>89693603
It made less than the previous two on a smaller budget, so it seems like it did alright. But then you learn the film was developed for the chinese market even more than its predecessors, and the earnings look quite a bit worse, especially when you consider that it earned less in China than either of the previous films.

Honestly I blame the movie's lesser quality on its obvious attempts to pander to a wider audience.
>>
>>89694019
It felt like a made for tv movie, or a holiday special. That must be the budget showing through.
>>
>>89690248
Nuffin, it was pretty good
>>
>>89692584
The second trilogy is more DBZ to the first trilogy's DB.
>>
BETTER
>>
>>89694092
The budget was only a few million less than the other two iirc, but it looked great despite that thanks to chinese outsourcing and advances in 3d.

My point being that it could have been at least as good as the others if they hadn't turned it into a marketing device.
>>
>>89690248
Well, the character development was pretty good, but the Panda society seemed to be rushed a bit. I wanted to see more of Tigress and maybe a future short or something may cone out one day. The bad guy was actually kind of funny at times with some of his lines. I tried to mimic them at home but my Dad didn't find it funny. He was actually pretty pissed off and he beat me with a pair of jumper cables until I was black and blue. It was not a fun day I can tell you.
>>
>>89694702
>cant even take a beating with jumper cables
what a fucking pussy
>>
>>89693453
Good for you. I like thinking.
>>
>>89690394
>Fight scenes had no weight

Is that a pun
>>
>>89693453
So you want every movie to be made by michael bay and completely remove the art from the craft of movie making?
>>
>>89693453
>Why can't you just ignore the bad parts and enjoy it
Because that makes you a fucking tool
>>
>>89692986
And the learned just by watching someone else do it? Bullshit. This was some "Minna, ora ni genki o wakete kure!" shit if ever I saw it.
>>
my only doubt now is where the series is at the momment?

so, if I get it right...

> Jade Palace is kill
> Valley of Peace is kill
> Po, Ping, Shifu and the five now all live in the panda village
> Po is now a teacher, powerful as fuck, near Oogway tier
> the whole village is an army of kung-fu fighting magic pandas

what else am I missing?
>>
>>89690248
>What went wrong?
Everybody
was
Kung Fu
fighting
>>
>>89690619
HTTYD2 was underwhelming because it was 90 minutes.
>>
>>89690248
he never fucked the tiger
>>
>>89690910
>>89691755
These guys get it
>>
Miss Viper is the only good thing about this series.
Why the fuck is this IP so big? Don't say furries because I doubt that, or rather I want to.
>>
>>89690248
>What went wrong?

They'd already made an excellent villain and it was a monumental task to do better.

Kai has a great theme though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF7vFFTnc98
>>
File: 1466748606880.jpg (20KB, 425x342px) Image search: [Google]
1466748606880.jpg
20KB, 425x342px
>>89697397
Was about to post this, damn his theme was good.
>>
>>89697397
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Vgu237AbU
>>
File: 1486194228515.jpg (13KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
1486194228515.jpg
13KB, 552x414px
>>89694702
Take that joke back where it came from our so help me
>>
>>89696293
. . . Explain
>>
File: Lei-lei.png (773KB, 1277x544px) Image search: [Google]
Lei-lei.png
773KB, 1277x544px
Stripey baby.
>>
More importantly, how do we fix it?
>>
>>89698161
It's fucked, let's move on and remember the good times.
Remember that time he rekt tai lung? good times.
>>
>>89698161
Evil Oogway. Doesn't end with a fight.
>>
>>89690576
>>89690714
>>89690909
>>89692719

It's even more wasted potential because you can totally be enlightened an an evil person in Eastern ideologies, especially Buddhism.

Doesn't Lone Wolf and Cub even feature a part where the assassin has to go attain a dark enlightenment before being able to kill a monk?
>>
>>89698161
1. Make the Pandas likeable. Being a fat idiot isn't why people liked Po, it's because he actually wasn't lazy and always pursued greatness. The Pandas are worthless sacks of shit who only muster up power because they had no other choice. The dad being a lying faggot who essentially doomed them all would've come off as more shocking had you respected the Pandas to some degree.

2. Fire the guy that greenlit Kai and make a new villain.

3. Have someone on the staff watch the previous two movies and pick out what made scenes like the town chase in 2 so good.

4. Perhaps maybe have the Kung-Fu masters actually do Kung-Fu in a movie called Kung-Fu Panda instead of instantly jobbing

It seems 3 is the number of death for Dreamworks, first Shrek and now Panda.
>>
>>89699463
HTTYD3 is going to be critically disappointing too.
>>
Kfp 1: present
Kfp 2: past
Kfp 3: stripey baby
>>
>>89699871
KFP3 was kinda dealing with the future, what with Po's role as teaching and training the Furious Five and the survival of the panda race.
>>
>>89699463
The only way to redeem the pandas is to make them wise as fuck, with a playful side. Currently, they all seem to have iqs in the 50's. They'd have to show these idiots just DEVOURING philosophy scrolls and studying with Shifu to attain enlightenment for that to happen. I don't see it.
>>
File: what have i done with my life.jpg (14KB, 152x169px) Image search: [Google]
what have i done with my life.jpg
14KB, 152x169px
>give fucking Jackie Chan a role in your kung fu movie
>he only gets 3 lines
>>
>>89690248
The pandas were just living fat jokes.
>>
>>89700058
Well, maybe that's the thing. "kinda" isn't good enough.
>>
>>89695369
No, because Michael Bay's movies suck, but I don't wanna think during a movie. I just want to have a good time. Also, I know animation is a form of art and I love when it does something beautiful, but sometimes, I just want to have a good time.

I liked Kung Fu Panda and you should care about my opinion
>>
I've never had my interest in a franchise killed so fast before. 3 minutes in and I went from fanboy to hater.
>>
>>89690615
They did pretty much try to use the baby panda's as Minions.
>>
>>89693102
That has happened since the first movie.
>>
>>89690248
Too much comic relief, all that time making fat panda jokes could have been used to develop Kai.
>>
>>89703641
Problem is that Kai is defined by a relationship he had with a minor character that has been dead since the first movie and gets turned into a tiny statue in the first five minutes of the third one.

Tai Lung used to be Shifu's golden boy student, while Shifu was the co-lead of the first movie and the person that brings out Po's potential.

Shen is the author of all of Po's pain and the entire plot of the second movie revolves around everything he is doing in Gongmen City and the shit he caused in Po's past.
>>
>>89690248
What went right aside from Po's relationship with his dads and Kai's theme?
>>
>>89692871
I couldn't have said it any better.
>>
File: this-this-this-this-this.jpg (29KB, 341x390px) Image search: [Google]
this-this-this-this-this.jpg
29KB, 341x390px
>>89696007
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.