[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mask or glasses, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Riddler_2.jpg (114KB, 392x295px) Image search: [Google]
Riddler_2.jpg
114KB, 392x295px
Mask or glasses, /co/?
>>
File: A0427k.jpg (94KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
A0427k.jpg
94KB, 432x432px
>>
>>89689859
mask
>>
Mask.
>>
>>89689859
Mask when villian.
Glasses when ally.
>>
>>89689958
>>
>>89689859
Mask, but not like a domino mask. Like a mask that is tied around his head like this >>89689911
>>
File: i just like the attention.jpg (89KB, 573x577px) Image search: [Google]
i just like the attention.jpg
89KB, 573x577px
Why does a narcissistic piece of shit like Nigma even wear a mask in the first place? Is "The Riddler" like a persona he wants to keep separate from some nonexistent civilian identity, or what? Is his reasoning for it just "because it looks cool"?
>>
>>89689859
Why not both?
>>
Either works. The mask is iconic but the glasses make him look like a douche which he basically is.
>>
>>89689859
either.
>>
>>89690078
>why does a wanted criminal wear a mask?

Gee, I wonder.
>>
Purple frame glasses
>>
>>89690395
Except he wants people to know Edward Nigma beat them. His identity isn't really a secret
>>
>>89690395
Why does a wanted criminal, with multiple convictions, who always uses the same criminal persona, even fucking bother? His "secret identity" must be common knowledge.
>>
>>89690495
>>89690531
sometimes he just wants to go down to the corner store and get a bottle of OJ without having to fight Batman
>>
>>89690531
Because the riddler is an egomaniac
>>
>>89690531
This. I'm sure most Gotham people recognize him more WITH the mask. He'd probably have more luck concealing his identity if he didn't wear it.
>>
I like the glasses. Riddler is probably the kind of guy who thinks glasses make him look smart, and he'll do anything to make him look smarter.
>>
Why doesn't DC bother doing anything meaningful or interesting with him? Anytime he appears, he's always written as being and doing the same shit we've seen over and over again.

Why doesn't he ever show up in Harley's ongoing to help her out? Why don't we see him planning any heists with the other villiains?
>>
>>89690827
Did you somehow manage to miss Zero Year? Also Riddler is fairly egomaniacal and other villains dislike him. Within the Gotham rogues gallery only Catwoman and Harley have a good relationship with him.
>>
>>89690827
Because he's supposed to be smart and that makes it harder for people to write him. Most writers can't come up with a dozen riddles that can't be answered with Google.
>>
>>89691852
You can get around that by going conceptual, abstract, or using good old misdirection. My biggest problem with the Oberon Sexton arc in Morrison's Batman and Robin is that it's a fantastic Riddler story given to the Joker.
>>
>>89690827
>Anytime he appears, he's always written as being and doing the same shit we've seen over and over again.

Because this is his trait

also:

>What is Zero year
>>
>>89690827
Didn't he figure out Batman's identity? What happened after that?
>>
>>89689958
This
>>
>>89692530
Brain damage.
>>
>>89692530
He's too autistic to tell anyone because that would be like giving away the answer to the world's greatest riddle
>>
>>89692530
Batman pointed out that if Riddler tells everyone then the fact that Riddler knows who he is won't impress anyone, because everyone knows it. Basically he convinced him that its in his own best interests to keep a tight lid on who is under the cowl, secure n the knowledge that he's smarter than everyone else who doesn't know yet, with an implication that maybe Bats will let Riddler use it for some mostly harmless blackmail now and then if he needs a favor.
>>
>>89692837
When this happen?
>>
>>89690827
Because people go "not muh".

People were assblasted when The Batman made him a goth hacker.
>>
>>89690078
Riddler has a keen fashion sense
>>
>>89690078
Because it's all part of the costume. It's less about concealing his identity and more about showmanship. It's the same reason he dresses like a St Patrick's Day trivia night host.
>>
>>89693333
The end of Hush.
>>
>>89689859
No.
>>
>>89689859
Batman's not coming, Riddle Man.

Just FORget it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.