[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets try this again without it devolving into a clusterfuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1486286771173[1].png (2MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1486286771173[1].png
2MB, 1920x1088px
Lets try this again without it devolving into a clusterfuck

We basically already do the same thing around here for shits and giggles but what is your opinion on shows that for satirical reasons references abnormal cultures, fetishes and internet memes? Does it bother you at all or do you pretty much not give a shit when they do it?
>>
>>89686665
It's satire and for that reason I am not bothered by it because its not trying to be high and mighty by saying "accept this"
>>
>>89686665
It's a sign of bad writing because the humor of the show can't stand on its own, so they have to resort to memes that were barely funny to begin with.
>>
>>89686665
>references abnormal cultures, fetishes and internet memes?
I don't mind it, so long as the show can stand on it's own legs and be entertaining in it's own way. The show needs to able to use the references to enhance the show and not be oversaturated with them and only being able to survive on a new "meme/fetish/odd cultural reference" of the week.
>>
>>89686724
>humor isn't funny unless its done the way I want because I represent everybody
>>
>>89686665
The first two is okay, practically any show that isn't overly PC or made for toddlers has been doing this for who knows how long.

The latter is just there to appease children who are old enough to know what internet memes are and simple minded adults who still watch cartoons and find these hilarious well after a few week to months of their inception, everyone else pretty much finds that shit annoying. Ask /v/ how they feel about Nintendo of America inserting old memes like doge into games.

Oh, and obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNtySt6Fg30
>>
I think meme referencing could be funny. Like a character spouts off old memes, and the joke is that they're cringey and weird.
>>
>>89686697
>>89686885

These guys have the right idea.
>>
>>89686724
This is the stupidest fucking post I have seen today and i have seen some stupid ass posts.
>>
File: 1467607207369.png (556KB, 619x587px) Image search: [Google]
1467607207369.png
556KB, 619x587px
>>89686724
>It's a sign of bad writing because the humor of the show can't stand on its own, so they have to resort to memes that were barely funny to begin with.
>>
I'm okay with it but the reason they're so hated is alot of times the writers has a vague to no understanding of what exactly they're satirizing and in turn it feels the writer is desperately trying to pander to a younger audience.

Meme's are the worst offender because meme's are basically in-jokes that get repeated over and over so often that they grow stale and annoying just as fast as they get made and putting it in your show/writing dates what you're doing by tenfold.
>>
>>89686665
is this a jojo reference?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.