[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netflix Original Cartoons (Spoilers Allowed, idgaf)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: trollhunters_025.jpg (73KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
trollhunters_025.jpg
73KB, 780x439px
What is your personal opinions of the Netflix Original Cartoons, and which one is your personal favorites?

My personal ones happen to be Bojack Horseman, the Voltron reboot, and Trollhunters. If you want to discuss characters as well as the pros and cons of the series/plot of certain shows, discuss it here. Spoilers are allowed in this post, don't ruin the shows though like complete ass-hats though.
>>
>>89686033
Bojack is great, but it's starting to wear thin.

As for Dreamworks...

God Tier
Voltron
Trollhunters
Home
Peabody and Sherman

Good Tier
All Hail King Julien

Aaaaand I haven't seen the rest. But so far they are surprisingly on point.

>That fucking Monopoly episode of King Julien
>>
>Watch trollhunter
>11 episodes in
>So far he has only killed the Stalker, and nothing more
>>
>>89686875
Didn't he indirectly kill a goblin beforehand?
>>
>>89687116
Singular goblin doesn't count. Only plural.
>>
>>89687116
It takes him 12 episodes to start slaughtering goblins, which he could have done a lot earlier.
>>
File: save Draal.jpg (386KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
save Draal.jpg
386KB, 1600x900px
>>89687548
He wanted to be the kind of hero that never kills.
>>
>>89687581
I am okay with him understanding that Diplomacy allows for long term gain.
Just not the extra.... stupidity of not cutting down Goblins.
>>
>>89687678
Truth be told, killing goblins is only going to cause more problems unless you get them all.
>>
>>89687728
>unless you get them all.
They are suicidal, and cowardice once overwhelmed.
Episode 13: No Goblin revenge squad IE
>>
>>89686033
I like what Netflix is doing for animation. Most of there original stuff is solid, and I believe they are at least partially responsible for Little Witch Academia TV and Wakfu S3 being real.
>>
>>89686033
Trollhunters, Voltron, and Puss in Boots were all great. All of the other dreamworks one are trash.
>>
>>89686033
My favorites are Bojack and Voltron. They're pretty much perfect. Puss in Boots and King Julien are really fun, though there's nothing I could suggest about them.

Trollhunters has nice animation and some great fights, but the writing is generic and contrived as hell.

Kulipari has some good writing and interesting plot points, but the animation is horrible. Plus the last few episodes felt very rushed.

Those are all the ones I've watched.
>>
Its frustrating how much the cheaper old direct to video Veggietales is better than the Netflix reboot.

The redesigns were a huge mistake.
>>
>>89686033
They're all garbage.
Netflix original programs are the cancer that is going to kill Netflix.
I don't watch them because I want to see new shit, I want to watch old shit.
Hell, the only reason I started paying for it was for King of the Hill and MST3k.
Both of those are completely gone now.
>>
I started watching Netflix for Dragons: Race to the Edge which is breddy gud

Bojack and Trollhunters are good as well, but I haven't seen the rest
>>
>>89688510
Everyone is trying to get in on the action and taking their shows away to try and host on their own streaming service, that's why Netflix has to counter with its own original programming.
>>
F is For Family is terrible. The 70s nostalgia angle does nothing for me, and the writing never gets particularly funny. Also it's one of those "adult" cartoons where every episode shoves something fucking disgusting in your face and makes you deal with it. Like a montage of a football stadium bathroom with piss and shit floating everywhere, or Bill Burr and Laura Dern have graphic loud vulgar on screen fucking. Also the Family Guy influence is way too obvious.
>>
>>89688661
OP here. I personally don't think F for Family is "that" bad to be considered new Family Guy, but it is Dingleberry tier.
>>
File: amphibiansend.jpg (93KB, 400x603px) Image search: [Google]
amphibiansend.jpg
93KB, 400x603px
>>89688155
Kulipari feels rushed because it is.
He wasn't confident Netflix would give him the seasons to cover each book one season at a time so he went and forced all three of them into one.
So very little makes sense because the second and third books are being crammed into two episodes each.
The second battle for the amphibilands is in fact supposed to be as big if not bigger than the first one.
>>
File: Tip2.jpg (496KB, 1280x1770px) Image search: [Google]
Tip2.jpg
496KB, 1280x1770px
Voltron and Home are fantastic.

I tried the first couple episodes of Peabody and Sherman, but couldn't really get into it. Might give it a second chance since I saw some funny webms of later scenes.

Is that Croods cartoon any good? I never saw the movie, but was thinking of watching the cartoon after finishing School for Little Vampires.
>>
Was honestly surprised that trollhunters was pretty damn good. Hope the next season holds up.
>>
>>89686033
Home and Trollhunters are
Two of the best cartoons of the decade. I like everything about Home. It's cute, funny, and surprisingly well written. Trollhunters is just epic too honestly.
>>
File: hughesification.webm (2MB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
hughesification.webm
2MB, 720x403px
>>89691425
Peabody was at its best that one episode they accidentally broke time.
It'd be a much better show if they ditched the historical parody and went more into timey wimey scifi.
>>
>>89686118
>Bojack is great, but it's starting to wear thin.
Yeah, what I've heard about the next season really makes me think it should end now.

Also, I thought Trollhunters was a bit too formulaic and by the books to really be God tier. The fact that he decided to not tell his mother after amnesia-ing her gave me flashbacks to all those mediocre 90's and 00's shows where the kid has a secret superpower, and not in a good way.
>>
File: punch the moon.webm (2MB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
punch the moon.webm
2MB, 1080x607px
>>89691425
I didn't think it was that great.
It doesn't work that great as a prequel to the movie, and given the second movie's been cancelled, it doesn't even work that great as a hype engine for the second movie.
>>
>>89690772
He mentioned a while back that he was working on a second season. I don't know if it's going to adapt the comics that take place after the books or do something different. I just hope it's better paced.
>>
>>89686875
They killed one of Toby's orthodontists.
>>
>>89691659
>>89691659
The biggest issue, I think, is that Bojack himself is just not making any progress. It's just sort of spinning its wheels being the sad horse show now.

Season one had a powerful and dramatic ending. Season two had an incredible message of perseverance and hope for an ending, while also remaining ambiguous enough to not be saccharine. Season three was just a fart.
>>
>>89686033
I follow any of the How to Train your Dragon series, Trollhunters, Voltron and Bojack Horseman. I'm pleasantly surprised by how great Trollhunters is, to me at least. I tried watching F for Family but I couldn't click with it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.