[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ResurrXion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: ResurrXion-Group-Tease.jpg (22KB, 575x383px) Image search: [Google]
ResurrXion-Group-Tease.jpg
22KB, 575x383px
I'm currently reading Claremont X-Men, the second omnibus to be precise and I'm loving it. My only other experience with X-Men are New X-Men, Astonishing X-Men and House of M. I want to give some resurrxion titles a chance, and I'm wondering if reading Death of X and IvX will be enough to get into it?
>>
>>89684133

Dude. This probably isn't the time to get into X-Men monthly. Just... give it another reboot cycle. An improbably large amount of this looks like solid weapons grade shit.
>>
>>89684133
Finish the Claremont run. Stick it out at least through the Outback era, and make sure you pick up New Mutants as well.

Your X-Men Reading List, God Tier:
* From the Ashes
* A Green and Pleasant Land
* Demon Bear
>>
>>89685288
New Mutants, when do I pick that up, judging on the dates from the second omnibus, it should be early to mid Vol 3?

Can someone also please tell me if reading Death of X and IvX is enough for ResurrXion?
>>
>>89685475
New Mutants starts up while the X-Men are in space during the second half of the Brood Saga, at the end of the second Cockrum run.

The second Cockrum run and the beginning of New Mutants are a real drag, for whatever it's worth. Jean's editorially dictated death and Claremont's artistic divorce with Byrne really gutted him for dozens of issues. Here's a reading guide to help you decide what to skip and what to slog through:

144 - A D'spayre filler issue. Introduces Lee Forrester, Scott and Magneto's village bicycle.
145-147 - The insufferable Dr. Doom / Arcade story, promptly retconned by Byrne as a doombot. Bottom shelf Claremontian body horror, rarely referenced subsequently. Notable only insofar as the first in a series of traumatic dissociative episodes for Storm during this period, culminating in her Mohawk Storm reveal in 17xs.
148-149 - Skippable lead-up to 150. Lot's of Kitty stuff - establishes her terrible fashion sense, the Caliban / Kitty creepy stalker dynamic, and resolves Kitty's antagonism toward Kurt. B-plot with Scott and Lee on Magneto's Cthulhu-themed island fortress.
150 - Magneto's face turn. Terrible art, read it anyway.
151-152 - The Emma / Storm body swap arc. More Storm-centric body horror. Relatively tolerable fill-in art by Bob McLeod.
153 - "Kitty’s fairy tale". A cute and forgettable retelling of the Dark Phoenix Saga. Some innocent early Kitty / Illyana moments. Somewhat frequently referenced, especially in X-Men Annual 8 and UXM 303. "First appearance" of Lockheed and the Bamfs, as fictional characters.
>>
>>89686473
After this, the writing picks back up although the art is still terrible.

154-157 is The Brood Saga Part I. 154 is a particularly great Storm/Scott team-up.
158 introduces the Shi'ar computer virus
159 is the Dracula story. More Storm mind control / body horror. Guest art by Sienkiewicz. Skippable but worth reading.
160 is the first Illyana / Belasco story and one of the best issues in the entire run. A must-read.
161 is the famous Xavier / Magnus flashback/team-up in Israel. First appearance of Gabriel Haller (Legion's mother). Another must-read.
162-166 is the Brood Saga Part II. 162 is a great Wolverine solo adventure. Yet more body horror/mind control with Storm! New Mutants starts up during this period.

In 165 Paul Smith takes over the art. UXM becomes fully enjoyable again, and remains so up through Inferno.
>>
>>89686473
>>89686511
I'm dead set on plowing through pretty much all of Claremont's work on UXM. Then I'll see how I do with the 90's stuff. Here on /co/ people either shit on it completly, or remember it fondly for what it was.

Is the art good when JRJR starts working on the title? I like a lot of his more recent stuff.
>>
>>89687993

yes, JRJR was great back then, especially the issue in which Wolverine takes Colossus to a bar to make him get his ass beaten by the Juggernaut for hurting Kitty Pryde's feelings.

and I hate his recent work on Superman.
>>
resurroecksion?
>>
>>89688889
Good to hear. Also, JRJR's work on Superman was bad, but The Last Crusade and All Star Batman was some of his better, recent work.
>>
Read Bendis' run, that's what sets up all this DoX shit. And it's much better than any of the current X-Men titles.
>>
>>89690504
Honestly, I can never tell if someone is being sarcastic when they recommend Bendis on this board anymore.
>>
>>89684133
Download, not buy, death of X, inhumans vs xmen and xmen prime and out of all the creative teams for the upcoming, blue isnt too bad same with weapon x and cable, the rest sound really bad but i cant judge what you like so i say try those i mentioned and if you like it then great but i wouldnt buy any of them
>>
>>89690583
>X-men blue
>not too bad
shit taste
>>
File: joker not amused.png (319KB, 424x425px) Image search: [Google]
joker not amused.png
319KB, 424x425px
>>89684133
>Blue
>Gold
They are still going with the Schism shit?
>>
>>89684133
>Generation X

For real this time, guys. These guys are the next generation of mutants. We are totally not gonna kill them all off slowly to maintain status quo.
>>
>>89692339
>Schism
Newfag please.
>>
>>89684133

They're intentionally doing a Rebirth thing with this relaunch so I'd guess you'd be fine jumping on with #1s

also read New Mutants
>>
>>89686473

this run of issues is the only thing I won't have collected and it's driving me mad bc I want all the Claremont .

(got Essentials for B/W Byrne and the Omnibus 3)
>>
X-Men are insanely easy to read

Just buy the 3 Claremont Uncanny omnis, the 2 92 X-Men Claremont omnis, New X-Men omni, and Astonishing X-Men omni

everything since has been bad... you can pick up Byrne's Alpha Flight omni for cheap if you like classic Claremont it's pretty similar. Also check out old school X-Force
>>
>>89693266
lol X-Men blue is so much better then gold

Gold has Bishop, Bobby, and Warren as shitty fill in guys

Blue only has Psylocke as a shit fill in, only difference is Betsy is hot so it makes up for it
>>
>>89693389
>no New Mutants
>no X-Factor
>no X-Statix
>no Uncanny X-Force
>no X-Men Legacy Vol 2

Shit taste tbqh
>>
>>89693531

X-Factor's so weird because it's bad but then Louise Simonson makes it so it was bad on purpose as part of a long con and it becomes solid.
>>
>>89693587
I was mostly talking about PAD's X-Factor, but Simonson's is good too.
>>
>>89693451
I started reading comics with the blue and gold teams, they didn't hold to that framework for more than one or two issues before they started swapping team-members for their adventures.
Jean and Bobby were hanging out in Blue team adventures, Hank was bouncing around the Gold team adventures, Jubilee was everywhere...

I can't imagine this new take is going to be any more structured.
>>
>>89693451
Warren technically became mad powerful after being raped with celestial tech tho
He nearly raped Wolverine to death for example, I'd say hye was the fourth most dangerous gold member after Jean, Iceman and Storm
>>
File: tumblr_m5k2ueWWIA1qb8wg6.jpg (45KB, 500x197px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5k2ueWWIA1qb8wg6.jpg
45KB, 500x197px
>>89694141
Everyone's raped Wolverine though.
>>
>>89693451
wtf man Bobby is probably the most powerful mutant in the X-men beides Jean and Xavier
>>
>>89694447
Even after almost killing Emma for calling him an interior decorator, 95% of Bobby's stuff is him forgetting most of his powers.
>>
>>89694447
The "most powerful" is hard to tell in X-Men books.
Bobby has the whole home-made ice-age thing going for him, and he can make new bodies out of random water - thus making him virtually immortal, but telepaths all have that automatic win advantage.
Then again, if Xavier was really powerful he wouldn't need X-Men to fight his battles for him.
In terms of pure destructive ability one of the Summers brothers would win if they ever actually tried.
Speedsters generally win fights as a rule but that's sort of not "more powerful" and more of a neat trick.
Storm can screw with an entire hemisphere when she's in a bad mood, but she's still just a mortal woman ... I think.
Power absorbers like Rogue and Hope can become "most powerful", but that's only through stealing traits.
And then there's Magneto.

It's not like there's an obvious Thor in the mix.
>>
>>89694560
This is true.
That multiple bodies thing of his that was recently rediscovered was a trick he was using back in the old original five days.
>>
>>89694965
I'd think psychics would have a serious problem with someone who can disperse their consciousness into the atmosphere.
>>
>>89693389
>No Remender X-Force
>>
>>89695451
You would think.
But Bobby really is awesomely broken when you stop to think about it.
Did you know his ice form has a healing factor?
That's the single thing that put Wolverine in "Omega-level mutant" territory.
And he can make blizzards appear out of thin air with his brain, that's one of the things that makes Storm an "Omega-level mutant".
His Iceman copies and ability to transcend a single physical form is a whole thing in itself.
And did I mention that he can flash-freeze all the moisture in a person's body in the blink of an eye?
He's that powerful.
(and the X-Men even have a spare)
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.