[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers fans, please help my stupid ass out. Who actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: optimus obari as fuck.jpg (67KB, 470x534px) Image search: [Google]
optimus obari as fuck.jpg
67KB, 470x534px
Transformers fans, please help my stupid ass out. Who actually IS optimus prime, or convoy, or whatever. Are they all the same person or what? A lot of them have those similar heads and it really confuses me.
Are they alternate universe versions of the same character or is Optimus Prime a title that certain robots take?
I don't read the transformers comics, but I used to watch the cartoons and I've never understood this.
>>
>>89682739
he's a mealticket that sells toys, that's why they export him into every new series
hasbro's even bought into the multiverse thing to try and make everything within a canon canon, for multiverse crossovers to peddle more toys
>>
Theres dozens of different universes, each with a different Optimus.

tfwiki.net/wiki/List_of_universal_streams
>>
>>89682739

Lio Convoy, Big Convoy and Fire Convoy are supposed to be individual robots that happen to look like Optimus, the same way Optimus Primal is.

However the English dub treats Fire Convoy as alternate universe Optimus.
>>
>>89682739
Just assume everyone except for like a few guys is an AU version, and you're all set.
>>
File: UT_optimus_cartoon_collage.jpg (137KB, 510x645px) Image search: [Google]
UT_optimus_cartoon_collage.jpg
137KB, 510x645px
>>89682821
Seems like normal practice for Super Robot shows. Makes sense.
>>89682933
Alright, so uh, what's up with optimus prime, and optimus primal. They're both in the same universe at a time, right?
>>
>>89683239

In Beast Wars, yeah.

Prime is off in space somewhere being an explorer, while Primal is just inspired by him and took his name.
>>
File: 1476676264337.jpg (203KB, 1200x853px) Image search: [Google]
1476676264337.jpg
203KB, 1200x853px
>>89683314
AAhhh, ok, that makes more sense.
Alright, so is it the same way with the japanese versions calling optimus convoy?
Also, is there a special meaning behind the optimus head with that diamond thing and the face plate? I've always thought it looked cool, but I see robots on the wiki that have the same thing, without the "Optimus" title. Is that just a toy selling thing?
>>
>>89682739

Prime is a title. Optimus is a name Orion Pax took up when he became a Prime. Convoy is the Japanese name for Optimus Prime before Prime being a title was really figured out. All Optimus Prime's are the same guy. A very few other Convoy's are also Optimus due to localization issues.

There have been a few major Transformer universes. The show, the comics, the IDW comics, The comics + the UK comics, the new movies, those three Japanese cartoons from like 15 years ago.

Optimus Primal is a young captain who took up a name because Prime is his hero and it's a silly name that thematically works with Beast Wars.
>>
>>89683485

Toy selling and tradition at this point.
>>
>>89683485

Face plates are cool. A lot of Transformers have them. It, and the forehead vent thing, are just things Optimus tends to have. With all the other changes their bodies go over between artists and universes and toys, a few features are usually retained to make them seem like the same person. The IDW comics made the face plate his "lucky face plate" that was neat.
>>
>>89682909
Fuck off, Boco, you stupid cunt. Don't confuse OP with that autistic bullshit.
>>89682739
Most of the TF series take place in their own separate universes, hence the differences. The most notable exception is Optimus Primal from Beast Wars, who exists in the far future of the original cartoon/comic universe.
>>
>>89683595

What? He wanted to know if there are different universes, and I listed them.
>>
>>89683485
Well, Convoy is called that because the toy he was based on was called Battle Convoy (Ultra Magnus was Powered Convoy), and it kinda stuck. I'm guessing they didn't change it cuz of the other Megatron. Well, that and early fiction claimed the two Optimus' and Megs were the same guys until the cartoon changed that. Considering the Japanese called Rodimus Prime "Rodimus Convoy", it'd make sense under the early fiction where the two guys were the same.
>>
>>89682739
One of the first and best things James Roberts wrote in TF comics was an explanation for why so many robots look like Optimus.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Primus_apotheosis
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.