[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minions and Henchman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: henchmen280.jpg (18KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
henchmen280.jpg
18KB, 280x210px
ITT: We post minions and henchman and discuss about them.
>>
File: Cheeseninjalg.jpg (32KB, 388x313px) Image search: [Google]
Cheeseninjalg.jpg
32KB, 388x313px
>>89680230
>>
It's weird that so few heroes have henchmen. You'd think there'd be a bunch of folks willing and able to help out their favorite superhero, but nah, we gotta hammer in that cliche of "Stay back citizen!". Like, there's a difference between being noble and having a martyr complex.
>>
File: background.jpg (90KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
90KB, 633x537px
xavier has the best henchmen
>>
>>89680230
Are 21 and 24 the best henchmen in anything ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73gYxsxRrs
>>
>>89680836
I think it's an extension of the whole "protecting people" thing. Most superheroes would have a tough time dealing with the idea that a citizen died in their charge, while villains don't have that concern.
Also, they probably would care about their henchmen, which both gets expensive (fucking health and dental, man) and gives the villain leverage.
>>
>>89681090
Yes, yes they are
>>
>>89681199
Yes, but frankly, all that you described there are among the reasons it should be more common. It's interesting to think of how any given hero would deal with that, what their leadership style would be, what specific role their minions would play in their operation, etc.
>>
>>89681531
That's like having their own little private militia, isn't it?

Plus, depending on how wide the gap is between hero/villain and minion, at the lowest, they may just be relegated to acting as logistics for the hero rather than doing anything in the front lines at all.

Otherwise, they may as well just end up as like the SHIELD agents in Marvel; not necessarily under the hero's direct command, because of that whole private militia issue.
>>
>>89681531
That might remind the readers a bit too much about the fact how superheroes are inherently a fascistic concept and get uncomfortable about their kiddy stories.
>>
>>89682216
There's nothing inherently wrong with fascism though.
>>
>>89681742
>That's like having their own little private militia, isn't it?
Perhaps, and I personally like a little moral greyness in my heroes, so by all means, go for it.

>Plus, depending on how wide the gap is between hero/villain and minion, at the lowest, they may just be relegated to acting as logistics for the hero rather than doing anything in the front lines at all.
And that is perfectly fine. If you think about, the solo hero idea makes no sense. You're gonna need at least some support to get anything done. So it's perfectly acceptable for the hero to have a support crew talking into their ear or something.

Goodness knows the Green Lantern Corps could use some technicians. No wonder they suck, these alleged space cops don't even have dispatchers, unless you count Salaak, and he's also a ring slinger. For fucks sake.
>>
File: Minion.jpg (69KB, 615x836px) Image search: [Google]
Minion.jpg
69KB, 615x836px
bANANA!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.