[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Before Watchmen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: before-watchmen-list-head.jpg (110KB, 600x464px) Image search: [Google]
before-watchmen-list-head.jpg
110KB, 600x464px
What does /co/ think of Before Watchmen?
>>
IT'S TIME TO SHIT
>>
>>89678287
Bitch to be you right now
>>
>>89678204
They all suck. And I thought it was a clever idea, to an extent, and my expectations weren't especially low, but I just read each one of these books and they sucked.
>>
File: 1449919990912.png (205KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1449919990912.png
205KB, 501x445px
>>
>>89678204
>deecee tries to cash in on dvd sales the limited series
>>
>>89678204
Good idea,lack of talent
>>
>>89678287
>>89678291
Love how these are the first responses
>>
>>89678204
They were decent stories for the most part. I remember liking Dr. Manhattan and the Minutemen stories most. Rorschach and the Comedian were the worst of the lot, imo.
>>
DC decided to take its most prestigious book ever, one of, if not the most narratively sophisticated works in comics history, and hire writers who -- presumably having had thirty years to ponder and analyze and learn from the original work's sophistication (not to mention having critical writings to help them with this) -- turned in sloppy, simple-minded scripts that focused on such crucial issues as whether Ozymandias had actually seen the Outer Limits episode that his plan bore similarities to.

Scabs Cashing In On Hackwork: The Limited Series.

Some good artists were involved in this fiasco (poor Joe Kubert!) but they added nothing creatively: just like looking at pretty variant covers and fan-art. If you were mildly curious about what an Adam Hughes-drawn Dr Manhattan might look like,

You're better of rereading the original and looking for all the subliminal things you didn't notice before. You'll be putting more thought into the book than the hacks who wrote Before Watchmen.
>>
Disappointed in all the talented people who signed off on it (Gibbons, Kubert, Cooke, Wein, etc.), but not surprised that DC decided to really do it.
>>
I'm getting the feeling it's a giant waste of time and money
>>
The Darwyn Cooke Minutemen one is really good, and anybody who says otherwise is a liar or an idiot. The rest are shit though.
>>
>>89678204

I enjoyed Minutemen and Ozymadias a lot. The rest were okay to horrible (The Comedian).
>>
>>89688083
Well that because Darwyn Cooke (RIP) could do no wrong.
>>
>>89688228
That's true.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.