[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Peter Parker one of the smartest on earth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

How is Peter Parker one of the smartest on earth?
>>
He isn't. Writers just say he is. The man child still lives in his Aunt's house. He won't get a real job or stay married if it means losing an old, irrelevant woman who has long lost any narrative value.
>>
Because everybody else is so stupid
>>
>>89677092
Peter's smart he just sucks at time management. If he didn't waste his life swinging around in his PJ's he'd probably have actually accomplished something by now
>>
>>89677237
yup, Hank Pym tried to get him to stop super heroing and focus on science, cause that would benefit more people. But Peter is too selfish and wants to swing on webs instead, so he doesn't focus on how he can benefit everyone in the world.
>>
>>89677377
Or you know, because nobody would buy a comic book about some scientist who doesn't fight anybody
>>
The ratings are always wrong and fluctuates heavily from writer to writer. Basically the one thing everyone should be able to agree on is that Peter could be very smart if he didn't spend all his time being Spiderman.
>>
>>89677762
OFFICIAL RATINGS by me
>Val Richards
>Reed Richards
>Hank Pym
>Dr Doom
>Blue Marvel
>T'Challa
>Tony Stark
>Peter Parker
>A brick
>Beast
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 499x702px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 499x702px
>>89677135
Dude he builds shit all the time,was a member of the future foundation,was an inventor and Is currently a BILLIONAIRE from his tech stuff.But sure writers just "say" he's smart
>>
Great, now I want a dumb spider man.

Thanks /co/.
>>
>>89677861
thats spider-ham
>>
File: image.jpg (243KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 790x1200px
>>89677237
>>he would have accomplished something by now./co/ really does not read comics
>>
File: Kingpin_(Spider-Man).jpg (47KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Kingpin_(Spider-Man).jpg
47KB, 720x540px
Peter had his shit together until Quesada decided to shit all over him.

We went from having some of the best runs on Spidey comics to having one or two good stories buried within a torrent of mediocrity.
>>
>>89677932
Doc Ock made that possible
>>
>>89677932
>stealing someone else's company and another's building is an accomplishment

This is what trump voters believe
>>
>>89677836

Tenured college professor too at one point
>>
>>89677092
He has the proportionate intelligence of a spider, man.
>>
>>89677833
bruh, you forgot to put Moon Girl at #1
>>
>>89677967
>>89677932

>Peter slowly descends into corruption
>Ock is still in the back of his mind and pilling strings
>Years later Peter becomes President
>Ock resumes control
>Superior Spider-President
>>
File: image.jpg (630KB, 1164x1488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
630KB, 1164x1488px
>>89677955
Otto built the foundation,Peter,Anna Marie and that paki chick are the ones who built it to it's current success
>>
>>89677955
>>89678021
I always thought that it was Reed Richards just throwing Peter a bone. Don't forget he's out there literally building universes.
>>
File: spiderman.jpg (38KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman.jpg
38KB, 576x432px
He was a nerd in the first comic and apparently became a biologist/professor later (one doesn't need to be THAT intelligent to do this though).
>>
He's very clever; intelligent, yes, but very clever. Reed, Pym, Stark, Banner, T'Challa, and Cho are probably "smarter"; but Parker uses his knowledge in clever, unorthodox ways that give him more mileage out of limited resources.
>>
>>89678354
Cho is the fucking worst though. He never actually does anything smart. He brags about how smart he is, then stands there and 'thinks' then comes up with some magic solution. All he is is a Mary Stu. By inventions and actual science, Peter has done FAR FAR more
>>
>>89678021
Pete really is a nerd.
>>
>>89677377
>selfish
Peter isn't "selfish," he just has a serious guilt complex. Like for real, his life is way worse than it should be because he is CONSTANTLY blaming himself for things that aren't his fault, ignoring things that ARE his fault, and refusing to grow and adapt.

He's relatable, that's why we love him.
>>
>ITT: we try to figure out the semantic difference between smart, clever, intelligent, and genius
>>
>>89677237
Sleep deprivation thanks to his superheroing probably doesn't help either. From what i can tell he only seems to get around 2 hours of sleep a night and STILL manages to pull super science out of his ass occasionally. Most people would be walking coma patients at best after about a week of what he does.

>>89677377
It's not like Peter hasn't noticed that whenever he stops focusing on the little guy (more) bad things (than usual) tend to happen in his life.
>>
>>89678354
Reed Richards explicitly said Peter performed as well at everything academically that he did at the same age. I don't think most of us get just how much wasted potential Peter really is.
>>
File: image.jpg (313KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313KB, 640x960px
>>89678709
Cho isn't a scientist he's a super computer that processes shit and comes up with solutions,that's the problem with these rankings there too basic,Peter could outbuild cho any day of the weak but cho can solve a problem or find solutions much,much faster
>>
File: 1485100680567.jpg (73KB, 746x514px) Image search: [Google]
1485100680567.jpg
73KB, 746x514px
>tfw DeMatteis' Ben Origin stories are some of the best Spider-Man stuff post-Ditko because it actually feels like a character progressing through their life with superhero antics instead of recycling status quos and playing out the same old song and dance.

I wouldn't want Ben to replace Peter, but it really makes you think.
>>
>>89679255
that isn't being smart that's called a mary stu
>>
>>89677833
Hank >>> Reed
>>
File: image.jpg (296KB, 620x725px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296KB, 620x725px
>>89679697
It's his fucking power,he's a super computer it's what he does,if you asked him to build a rocket that jumps dimensions he'd fail,give him a challenge or puzzle and he succeeds,calling him a Gary sty for using it is like calling bullseye a Gary Stu for never missing.You can't fault a character whose usual job is being kidnapped for banner/Hercules to save using his power once in a while
>>
>>89678960
Word choice is paramount, anon.
Someone please tear into my choice of "paramount", that would make my day.
>>
>>89679255
>>89679697
>>89679834
Isn't that just a more convoluted version of Longshot's power?
>>
>>89680369
"Word choice is key" would have made you sound less like a pretentious ass and made people more receptive to your argument, fgt.
>>
>>89682399
Similar result but completely different application. Longshot is closer to Domino and just happens to be incredibly lucky. Cho can crunch the numbers and run the probabilities fast enough to make lucky shots not by chance, but on purpose.
>>
File: 1403141118873.png (121KB, 360x246px) Image search: [Google]
1403141118873.png
121KB, 360x246px
>>89677135
When was the last time you read a spider-man book?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.