[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cont. : >>89644112 You fags are wrong if you throw this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 517
Thread images: 111

File: S5e44_PB_and_Finn.png (629KB, 1280x725px) Image search: [Google]
S5e44_PB_and_Finn.png
629KB, 1280x725px
cont. : >>89644112

You fags are wrong if you throw this ship away just because PB is too old.

Her (current) arc resolves around her becoming a more human person, not just a strict ruler but someone who embraces stuff they didnt even believe in before. That makes her rediscover her persona, personality, all that stuff. She is actually becoming younger in a sense. Combining that with Finn becoming more adult means that they can actually fit to each other. That wasnt possible at the beginning, because PB was more artificial and Finn was just a kid going on his adventures. Now its quite different, I think. If anyone was truly the endgame for Finn, it was PB. They just had to grow as people.

Still it probably wont happen because
>there is too little time to explore that idea
>there are too many ships and its easier to make Finn alone than anything else.
>>
File: smug_anime_girl_17.gif (227KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug_anime_girl_17.gif
227KB, 600x600px
>>89670524
>They still think Fubblegum has a chance.
>They think Finn sees her as anything more than a friend now
>>
>>89670767
Fubblegum has the same chance as every other finn pairing you dumb weeb which is 0%
>>
>>89671036
I give HW about a 40% chance. Rest are zero though.
>>
Any real love interest for Finn is dead since we have 32 episodes left and they would need time to build up on it with at least 10 which won't happen. I was hoping for a sequel with Finn's son in the future of Ooo and we eventually learn who the mom is but meh too far fetched and this show might never get a sequel as good as it is.
>>
>>89670524

>>89656199
Anyone remember when Google Image Search wasn't a giant fucking joke?
>>
Bubble-butt is gay, get over it already.

▲▲
>>
Has it ever occured to you that bubbline is going to happen not because the writers ae pandering to fags, but because THEY want it themselves? People here like to think the only reason anyone would ever do lesbians in cartoons is because they want to look progressive. What if the writers do that sort of things because they enjoy doing it?
There is truly no hope for us fubblefags. And not because of the fag loving part of the fanbase, the writers just have shit taste.
>>
>>89670524
>Forgetting the forceful shipping of PB and Marceline on part of the creators
>inb4 they're not being shipped by the creators

End game for Finn is either HW (as is now more hinted at than any other ship thus far) and that's not saying much Or being alone and remembering he's jsut some dude that wants to go on an adventure.
Still, none will beat his best romance. The Pillow Wife
>>
>>89670524
Fin had his chance at happiness, but he ruined it by being a sperg
>>
>>89672319
I dont really care what they want or what they will do since its going to be shit anyway, I just made a logical conclusion as to why PB seems the best fit for Finn as the endgame "girl". I dont think they will go that way but it just makes sense.
>>89672400
>Still, none will beat his best romance. The Pillow Wife
Cant argue with that.
>>
File: 2ad.jpg (23KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
2ad.jpg
23KB, 720x720px
>>89670524
> cont.
Thread should get deleted for being an "AT general".
>>
>>89670524
She's also a dyke.
>>
>>89670524
It will never happen because there would be too many tears about 'lesbian erasure' if they made her go straight. Besides there's no chemistry there. PB is a tyrannical dyke blob of goo who reigns over a nation of servile idiots she engineered, Finn needs to leave her and never come back.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if in post AT commentary it was explained that PB was like an older, smart sister to Finn the whole time.

Fuck, it's going to be awful, I can feel it.
>>
>>89671215
I don't get why people keep shooting down the chance of FP and Finn getting together again.
They already made up in Bun Bun.

I think Canyon or HW would be better though, given how they're not as tied down as any of the Princesses. (No kingdom to worry about)

In any case I just want Finn to be happy in the end, and he already seems to be on the right path for that. Maybe he'll become a doctor like his mom, and possibly get with DP.
>>
>>89672319
No, I understand creators may want a gay couple in their cartoon because they like the idea.

However, my skepticism towards AT is a lot more intense due to the fact that years prior they said "No, never going to fucking happen, shut up, there's no lesbian ship between Marceline and Princess Bubblegum."

Lo and behold, they start shoving them together rather forcefully (as compared to any other decently built romance). This is after /sug/ is heavily involved as well as a spike in Tumblr's popularity as a website AND Tumblr's outcry for the lesbian ship.
>>
File: Such Beauty Superfluous.png (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Such Beauty Superfluous.png
403KB, 1280x720px
>>89672787
>That spoiler
I would actually be incredibly satisfied with that ending.
>>
>>89672787
Man, if FP and Finn could do a romance, I'd fucking welcome it. However, story wise and character wise, it's very unlikely. They had a rough end to their relationship (which had its share of EXTERNAL problems) and, when they made up in Bun Bun, it was as friends.

NOW.. I can see the friendship becoming romance again if they dedicated a few episodes of them being together and the rekindling (hurrhurr, fire joke) of a love interest. But AT is running out of time man. Now's not the time to mix up new ships into what is available now.

So far the running mates are HW, Canyon I honestly don't see how, but I realized I missed some episodes concerning her. Is there really a connection between her and Finn or is that the delusions of fandom?, or being Alone.
>>
>>89672787
>Finn figures out the best way to help people is to is through medicine, and becomes a wandering doctor. Curing ailments wherever he goes, and prescribing ass-kickings when necessary.
Yes please.
>>
>>89672717
>lesbian erasure

Hold on. Hold on.
Marceline's Bisexual. She's had men before on the show.

Same with PB. She's dated some of her candy subjects. VERY first episode. And that one dude that loved her.

AND we saw a lesbian pair already in Islands, Susan Strong and her friend

So really the creators have a fucking out if they decide to tank the Bubbaline ship. I'm getting hope!
>>
>>89672824
I don't think bubbline has been built up masterfully or anything, but it definitely makes more sense than fubblegum at this point.
>>
>>89672892
they built a relationship in only 3 episodes.
32 eps are more than enough to mend things.
>>
>>89673049
Hm.

True.

>>89673013
>at this point
That's the thing
Around the time that they started leaning more and more towards Bubbaline they also introduced elements that removed the potential for a Finn and PB relationship.

Look around... what'd be the episode? The Door Master? That episode was the very obvious beginning of the end. See Finn pining after PB, but PB pining after Marcy.
>>
>>89672965
lesbians, lesbians everywhere...
>>
Don't mind me, just came in to say that Varmints made me 100% okay with Bubbline.
>>
Fucking hell. Shipping is DEAD in AT. Finn is now canonically celibate. Just go find a hole to die in already.
>>
I'm not reading through the last thread but did anyone express the disappointment of Finnceline? The older rebellious mysterious girl and the younger boy is a fucking god tier ship everytime. But the. Marceline became a complete non entity unless she was pinning over PB. They really shat the bed with her character, her creaming herself when she saw Susan being the last nail in the coffin.
>>
>>89672942
Aw I want this so badly now. Finn being a cool guy who wanders more around the outer reaches of Ooo helping out and teaching people how to defend themselves instead of needing a hero to save them all the time.

Shit, if he got Fern around taking care of the usual spots in Ooo he has free reign to go wherever he wants.
>>
File: Huntress_wizard.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Huntress_wizard.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Love discussions like these.

>>89670524
You bring up some good points, OP. You're right, PB is fundamentally changing. It's almost like she's the original, cool PB, but with a lot less self-seclusion and weird experimenting. She's BBQ party PB, but actually more mature and self-aware.

But I don't think this points to PB + Finn being an OTP. If you've noticed, in a way, Finn has actually helped PB grow up. In fact, at the moment it's really become a brother/sister relationship. I think there is definitely, a deep deep caring that they have for each other, but it's not romantic. At one point, it was. For example, Season 3, Episode 5 (Too Young). But PB realized it first. In that very episode, even. Then Finn realized it, uh, about 2 seasons later or something. Then they both came to a mutual understanding.
You could see this for certain when Finn accepted that Huntress Wizard didn't want a romantic relationship with him. HW's message of "exceptional beasts like us cannot fall in love" actually resonated with Finn. Now do you really think he wants to push the PB and Finn sandwich ordeal again? Finn's love relationship with PB was a growing stage for Finn.
Going back to PB looking for a new relationship would be undermining all of the development he's gone through. It would be cliche. It would be unfitting. Out of character. It would definitely be backwards-moving. Episodes like Hall of Egress and the like show how important Finn's development is in the show. While frankly that's a wonderful image, OP, probably not. Probably not.
>>
>>89673247
That's something people have been disappointed with for years dude. Let's not even get started on shipping, Marceline and Finn barely talk anymore. And have you noticed how practically every story Marceline was in tried to involve Finn as little as possible? I don't know why they want to segregate her from Finn so badly but they sure as hell do a good job of it.
>>
What MAIN mysteries/stories need to be tied up still?

>Backstories/Origins of Simon, Marceline, Jake, PB, Susan and now Finn all covered
>Mushroom War pretty well known
>Four elementals explained
>Finn arm

All I can really pinpoint is that we don't know what Cosmic Crime Martin committed.
>>
>>89673156
I think the writers quickly realised that fubblegum was a "mistake" so to speak. It was easy to write in the first two seasons when it was just a zany, silly show with the hero boy having a crush on the princess, but when it started to treat itself a little more seriously, and as Finn matured, they saw that writing a bonefied romance between the two wouldn't work and were essentially forced to retcon it entirely.
>>
>>89673294
They made her revolve around PB pure and simple. And if it wasn't her it was Simon. Don't get me wrong, good back story, touching even, but at one point she had a relationship with Finn but yeah it was all gone. She either existed in the present to continually reconcile with PB, such an over used plot point, or existed in flash backs. She lost her personality to become a prop for a lesbian ship or prop for a tragic back story.
>>
>>89673274
Funny you bring up the brother/sister aspect, because in the earlier eps it was definitely a case of surrogate mother/son.
But yeah, nowadays I think they're more like Brother and Sister. Or at least a relationship of mutual respect.
>>
>>89673385
I don't see how initially it wouldn't work.

PB was a bubbly princess of a sugarry sweet candy kingdom that was, more or less, ageless.
Got weird though when they introduced her as 13 year old version, putting more emphasis on her current teenage version

Fantasy shows, movies, and any other media has never had a problem before (whether for adults or children) the idea of a nigh-immortal person falling in love with a mortal, despite the massive age difference.

^ I bring that up because that's the argument I see the most by folks who thought it would never work.

So... why wouldn't it work? From the beginning, mind you. Not after they purposely inserted elements to make it not work (i.e. Her being a crazy BIG BROTHER IS ALWAYS WATCHING leader)
>>
>>89673503
early on it would totally work, PB was ditsy and fun and even flirty at times early on, not too far away from young lad Finn.
after the Lich they backpeddled hard and PB changed into something quite different.
>>
File: 1475604653501.gif (362KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1475604653501.gif
362KB, 475x347px
>>89673422
Good example of this seperation.

Marceline sold Finn's house to Jake's son for a fucking guitar.

Out of fucking nowhere.

I'm just thinking "Da fuq?" We just went over how Marceline likes Finn and wouldn't pull a dick move like that.
>>
>>89673385
Which they did with all the subtlety of a 747 crashing into a nitroglycerin factory. I stand by that there was a period where the writing staff actively hated Finn and went out there way to make him the loser of his own show. You know how you properly do Fubblegum? It's fucking easy, it starts with the boy having a crush on the princess, yes, easy. Then he grows, matures, PB can stop reciprocating with hugs and cheek kisses like you would a little brother fine because he's not that, he's maturing before her. It's a slow burn, PB growing to admire and be proud of him growing up and Finn while harboring feelings sure actively is the hero and his uncompromising attitude to always be the hero is what earns him the adoration of the princess. But no, they turned PB into an oblivious totalitarian ruler and Finn into a sad snack. The damage was done.
>>
>>89673555
That was at least keeping in line with her original characterization.
That's totally something Marceline would do in like season 1 or 2. Didn't really fit her then but sometimes she reverts back for a bit.
>>
File: 1462731159851.png (116KB, 316x296px) Image search: [Google]
1462731159851.png
116KB, 316x296px
>>89673550
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. This character change drives me to drink!
>>
>>89673503
>>89673550
If you guys are really going to make comparisons to PB's S1 self, need I remind you how largely immature and naive Finn was in the earlier seasons.
He was a kid, and you could tell that he was a kid.
Not fit for any kind of relationship with any Princess.
>>
>>89673596
You and me both Backslide.
They tried making it consistent with her character in the grand scheme of things.

>>89673601
I ain't complaining about Finn because his changes make sense at least, but this is PB's timeline
>make kingdom
>over time become crazy hardcore politician and shit, serious as fuck
>hundreds of years later Finn and Jake show up
>for a very brief time act like a nice, mostly regular princess gal
>then like two years later back to being candy Machiavelli for no discernible reason

They tried but it didn't really make sense from a grand scheme view of things.
>>
File: 1460769232719.jpg (84KB, 774x519px) Image search: [Google]
1460769232719.jpg
84KB, 774x519px
>>89673558
And no matter how much we discuss, the damage is done.

We might have HW or Canyon to look forward too, or perhaps they can just toss romance into the dustbin and just have a good solid hero-ending...

But at least we can look back to Roselinen.

I just now got the fucking joke in her name
>>
>>89673555
Man, I really hate Kim Kil Whan the most out of Jakes kids.

Charlie > Viola > TV > Jake Jr > Kim Kil Whan
>>
>>89673369
Stuff that has to be done:
> the resolution to Betty/IK plotline
> Fern's plotline (+that grass curse thing)
> resolution to the 4 elementals' plotline
> SweetP/Lich
Stuff that will most likely be done:
> the return of Gross and Tiffany
> an episode about Susan and Freida
Unnecessary stuff that would be nice:
> Martin's cosmic crime
> something about Moe's ivolvment with the fire elementals and human colony
> more info on PB's past (that rebellion and imprisoned dude BG 16 mentions)
>>
>>89673558
Maybe it's just personal preference then, because I never saw their relationship as anything more than a one-sided crush, and PB as an older sister type to him. It would've felt weird to me to have them get together after that phase, I'm happier with the point that they're at now with their relationship.

Too Young shouldn't have even happened IMO, but I can justify it as PB reverting back to a more childlike mindset.
>>
>>89673658
Meh, for me it's

Viola > Jake Jr > Charlie > Kim Kil Whan > TV

Fucking... TV hurts to watch. And at least KKW got some redemption points with his episodes.

Viola was a cute though.

A CUTE
>>
Bubbline will probably let him join them when he's older
>>
File: 1465089961200.gif (488KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
1465089961200.gif
488KB, 500x323px
>>89673687
I can see how you see that PB can only see Finn as the kid we all see, see?

But along the way they really push a mutual feeling going on there. Especially with PB turning to a kid. Still can't understand how that happened. Always felt like I missed an episode.
>>
>>89673653
I'm just venting, the FinnPB, Finnceline, those ships are sunk to the bottom of the ocean. At this point the boy deserves better. Hell htey may as well have Jungle Princess swing out of nowhere, her first time in the spot light and line is her proclaiming she's taking Finn to be her husband because he is a capable warrior. Then they can live happily ever after and snusnu every night.
>>
>>89673687
It was one sided crush because Finn was just a kid, that was the whole point. If they havent made all those changes with Finn and PB, we would have gotten a classic knight/princess story today, with some twists I guess. They just buried everything with nonsense.
>>
>>89673558
>But no, they turned PB into an oblivious totalitarian ruler and Finn into a sad snack.
We are not watching the same show.
You're just mad because your ship isn't set to sail.
Stop being mad and enjoy the show again with Shipping goggles OFF this time.

I'm not that guy, but while I did find fault in the middle seasons, I didn't feel it nearly as drastic as you do. And that's probably because I cared about the characters as people, and not objects to pair up with Finn.
Finn went through some shit because he was at that age where you fuck shit up. And then he matured. That's all.

PB was on the grey side of morality from the START. And at NO point was she a totalitarian ruler. Everything she did, she did because she truly cared for her people. Something a totalitarian ruler does not.
>>
>>89673687
Maybe it's just the long standing idea that the hero should always get the princess. He could've grown into it with PB but they cut that off at the knees with her being a lesbo, staunchly saying no to Finn, and having her lose most of her emotions in favor of science and being a ruler.
>>
File: jakewut.png (215KB, 823x569px) Image search: [Google]
jakewut.png
215KB, 823x569px
Honestly if I didn't know better, I'd think this guy is just mad at PB's characterization because she's not Finn-shippable nor fits into his square peg of expectations.
>>
>>89673750
> And at NO point was she a totalitarian ruler. Everything she did, she did because she truly cared for her people. Something a totalitarian ruler does not.
You clearly don't know what the word "totalitarian" means. PB is 100% a totalitarian leader (a dictator, in fact), just a benevolent one.
> PB was on the grey side of morality from the START
Well, yes. It's not really her being morally ambigious that came out of nowhere. But you have to admit her overall mannerism and treatment of other characters (not just Finn) has changed VERY drastically in S4-S5.
>>
>>89673794
Shut up Jake, go humiliate your Granddaughter.
>>
>>89673794
There was a point where PB became pretty unlikable, you're lying to yourself if you deny that. They've dialled that back almost completely which is good but the mishandling was jarring and left a bad taste in the mouth.
>>
>>89673750
Different anon here.

>Totalitarian
>relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.

>Dictatorial
>having or showing a tendency to tell people what to do in an autocratic way.

PB is a benevolent dictator, but a dictator none the less.

The seasons that show her as such has the episodes doing so stand out, easily overshadowing all teh good, or other bad, that happened.

She sneaks into Firekingdom to fuck up their super defense weaponry, despite no provocation, EVER, occuring between them, EVER.

We've seen her bug her Candy Citizens

We've seen starchy run away from the candy kingdom, ditching said-bug

We see PB willing to murder a bunch of aliens just flying by, JUST to have some candy-colonized worlds.

We see PB create Candy Soldiers, the bubblegum machine dudes, and then DISMANTLE them, destroying them all. Essentially creating and then terminating life. (And don't argue they were robots. They're about as living as anything else in the mystical weird world of Ooo)

I'm sure there's more but I'm tired.

Yes PB has done good. She legitamately cares for her people and is pretty nice to folk. BUT she pulls bullshit. She's a BENEVOLENT dictator, but a dictator none-the-less who rules by whim.

And if you bring of the King of Ooo thing, that was again purely her whim. She didn't feel like dealing with the bullshit and her feelings got hurt, so she left. Not because it was the system of government, but because she felt bad.
>>
>>89673724
>I can see how you see that PB can only see Finn as the kid we all see, see?

Ouch, but you're exaggerating a little there pal.

>But along the way they really push a mutual feeling going on there. Especially with PB turning to a kid. Still can't understand how that happened. Always felt like I missed an episode.

Her age changed at the end of season 2 but it was really bizarre I agree. I read somewhere that they changed her age because they weren't sure if they were going to get renewed for more seasons, and then when they did, they quickly backpedaled.

>>89673750
>>89673775

I still don't think their relationship would've worked, even before they changed her personality. But once again, that's personal preference.
>>
>>89673750
meant for >>89673746
>>
I think the original idea when AT was starting is Finn has to live his life until he is actually suitable to someone like PB. It was very apparent till the introduction of FP. I mean, it was good and actually logical to introduce a woman Finn can date with but at the same time thay made PB distant and cold towards Finn. And then FP left.

So basically it was probably a simple love story about a boy becoming a man in order to get a woman but some people joined and said
>what if we actually make this cartoon deeper with drama shit

Adding more and more lesbians, I just cant tell what the fuck is going on anymore to be honest.
>>
>>89670524
do you think a 13 y/o girl could be a viable love interest for you? no pedo.

No matter how mature the 13 y/o acts they'd never become your love interest
>>
>>89673929
Writers probably dont know aswell since they shuffle with personalities like hell. Look at Pajama Wars, its pathetic when you compare that to other episodes.
>>
>>89673929
No one can. That's why these discussion threads are always more chaotic than with threads based on other shows, such as Voltron or Star Vs.

Their stories are clear cut and solidly built. AT has had a 'lot' of loop-d-loops.

Though we can't hate on them a lot for that. They have been around for nearly 10 years. Strains start to show in anything for that long
>>
There gonna pull a regular show or finn will end up alone these are the best options
>>
File: 1460354579818.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460354579818.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>89673978
>If they can pull off the "Where are they now" or "10 years later" bit like in RS then I wouldn't mind.

Fucking late though. Time to sleep.
>>
>>89674002
>>89673978
This.
AT has always been a mix of the fantastic and the mundane, and in reality most people in the developed world marry/settle down with people they did not know growing up.
Finn will end up with a human woman from the islands.
>>
>>89674086
will they be able to set aside sufficient time in the remaining episodes to develop an entirely new character?
>>
>>89674099
They don't need to. They can just give a flashforward to Finn with some random woman at the end (someone resembling Roselinen would be cool). I would be fine with that.
>>
>>89674099
>muh shipping!
they don't need to develop her, they just need to show enough to imply in the last montage that Finn found someone and they are happy.
>>
Was there any interviews or commentaries or whatever where AT staff responded to shipping crap? Did they ever explain their intentions?
>>
>>89674222
no
>>
>>89674222
the writes say shit but it often conflicts with shit other writers say, there is no show bible answer yet.
>>
>>89674170
>>89674138
it isnt really interesting to have someone end up with someone we dont know, its better to see just how they get along and play of each other
>>
>>89674222
I hope they never do. Let the fan do their own thing. The writers shouldn't dictate what can or can't be discussed.
>>
>>89674138
>>89674170
It would be more satisfying to see Finn show how he's matured within a relationship IMO, rather than just slap one on at the end. It would make all the drama bullshit with FP and PB worth it in a way.
>>
The Pajama War is the only recent thing you can watch to get assured that shipping in this cartoon is useless. What's even the point?
>>
>>89674338
>be me
>watching the pajama war
>oh shit its happening
>fast forward today
>its all gone

Why do I even care at this point
>>
>>89674371
> be me
> watching Bun Bun
> oh shit its happening
> oh wait it doesn't

Be grateful for what you got.
>>
>>89674371
>>89674439
>be me
>watching Breezy
>oh shit its happening
>never mentioned again

Fuck this show man.
>>
>>89674439
You dont know what are you talking about

>FP
>a princess who rules her kingdom, fair and square
>PB
>became a lesbian for a character that doesnt matter anymore

Both were butchered but I'd say Flinnfags got it easier.
>>
lets settle this

http://www.strawpoll.me/12273348/r
only consensus can settle the score
>>
File: 1276277251737.jpg (73KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
1276277251737.jpg
73KB, 428x510px
>>89674371
>>89674439
>watching the pajama war
> watching Bun Bun
>be happy Finn is getting to have and grow healthy relationships with others
>getting to watch shippers wallow in their virgin angst
>>
>>89674511
Its objectively Roselinen, because he actually went somewhere with her. Everyone else is a failure.
>>
>>89674487
She's dating a retarded pastry though.
>>
I am just waiting for the AT finale so I can kill myself. Seeing early Finn and PB episodes were genuinely one of my happiest moments in my life. Now that is mostly gone, I have to be sure that I wont get what I want, so I can end myself at last.

Maybe its for my good, why should I even live when something as trivial as cartoon pairings make me happy.
>>
>>89674277
But isn't that the most mature part? To have female friends who you don't feel the need to date?
>>
>>89674876
I sincerely hope you're joking. Hopefully you find what you want out of life before it ends anon.
>>
>>89674889
Sure that's part of it, but it'd be nice to see him show maturity in a relationship as well.
>>
File: Wasteland Style.gif (477KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Wasteland Style.gif
477KB, 500x281px
>>89674518
tis a glorious thing
>>
They kiss in the comics when finn is 21
so why wouldn't it be possible
>>
>>89673226
now this was a useless shitty episode...
>>
>>89675419
where can I read these comics?
>>
File: 1483210376997r.jpg (39KB, 350x343px) Image search: [Google]
1483210376997r.jpg
39KB, 350x343px
>>89670524
she should split in 2 so finn has a gf his own age and marcy gets a little sister
>>
>>89670524
The mental gymnastics of Fubblgum fags is astounding.
They are not getting together lol move the fuck on. She does not care about Finn.
>>
>>89676077
We can simplify it even more.

No one will ever get together.
It doesnt matter what happens
Its just a stupid cartoon and nothing there has any influence on our world.

Now we can stop discussing any cartoon ever.
>>
>>89676116
>being this asshurt your ship won't happen
Finn's a loser and not good enough for PB
>>
>>89675979
idk where online but i bought them

there are bravest warrior comics and in the comics they commit genocide and danny is the only one that is scared by it
>>
>>89676140
I am not butthurt because Fubblegum wont happen, I am butthurt because they did everything they could to ruin that pairing and make PB a lesbian when it didnt really make sense. There are people who are butthurt about FP. There are people who are butthurt about other stuff. They didnt do one thing but did the other which was a lot worse. Thats the issue.

Pretty simple.
>>
File: 1486070009936.jpg (75KB, 1036x823px) Image search: [Google]
1486070009936.jpg
75KB, 1036x823px
>>89676150
>but i bought them
Did you buy the volume collections or each individual 59 comics?

>tfw you live in some European shithole and no store, not even online, sells comics/dvd's from adventure time
>>
>>89674518
>>89675272
baitfags pls go nobody's forcing their opinions down your throats at least not ITT
>>
>>89676178
>>89676150
just search for the comics online literally just type "Read Adventure Time Online" and you have results.
>>
>>89674511
>no votes for marceline
oh wow
>>
Shippers are scum
>>
File: 1485666087128.jpg (8KB, 183x182px) Image search: [Google]
1485666087128.jpg
8KB, 183x182px
>>89670524
>this delusion

So sad.
>>
File: Fubblegum Pajama War 2.gif (817KB, 365x211px) Image search: [Google]
Fubblegum Pajama War 2.gif
817KB, 365x211px
>>89676748
>>89676562
you can always filter anon, but we all know you won't do that
>>
>>89676779
>p-please let us wallow in our delusion in peace

KEK
okay
>>
>>89670524
It's not even that PB is too old for Finn, it's that he'll quickly become too old for her. He needs a nice mortal girl
>>
>>89676874
reddit please leave
>>
>>89676930
>reddit!
Doesn't make your ship any more plausible faggot
>>
Anyways, on the topic of Adventure Time, it was really nice seeing Finn meet his mom and having it be a really sweet and loving thing, after all the crap we saw him go through with his dad. The kid really needed that

People criticize the show for dragging him through the dirt but I think it did it for reasons exactly like that. Makes the good things so much sweeter
>>
File: NOTM.jpg (16KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
NOTM.jpg
16KB, 720x405px
>>89676116

Mhm-hm...
>>
>>89676995
Hope he doesn't suffer too much until the end of the series. Kid needs a break from the shit he gets.
>>
File: 1453917509207.jpg (731KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453917509207.jpg
731KB, 1920x1080px
>>89670767
Reminds me of another ship that sunk..
>>
File: 1386755815382.jpg (41KB, 388x384px) Image search: [Google]
1386755815382.jpg
41KB, 388x384px
>>89676874
>>89676966
such a sad hateful anon
>>
>>89676966
>your
I don't give a fuck about any of that
I'd just really appreciate if you stopped being such a massive fucking newfaggot around here
>>
>>89676995
His mom was a batshit crazy girl who couldn't cope with loss and melted herself ito gooey AI that wants to control everyone, just another dictator like PB. This is worst than Evangelion at this point
>>
>>89677444
>>89676995
You both must take a step back and remember what the world of Adventure Time is.
It's not your average everyday teen years in some suburb
It's not Hey Arnold
You got a Lich, magic dogs, dimensions and aliens, robots with high inteligence AND amgic at the same time.
Seriously, why do you expect humans to be fucking Doug ?
>>
>>89674531
>FP and HW lead the pack
genuinely surprised
>>
>>89677474
desu Finn Marceline and PB have been Dougified

>It's not your average everyday teen years in some suburb
Yes it is (or was if you say that phase of AT pased)

>>89677483
grassed and bunned
>>
>>89677530
that's you projecting dude. you want to see Doug in it when there's none.
>>
>>89677483

Looks as if HW is taking the lead...
>>
>>89677556
No, this is you projecting NOT wanting to see them being Dougified and grounded.
>>
File: 1430129642853.png (173KB, 329x290px) Image search: [Google]
1430129642853.png
173KB, 329x290px
Did you guys ever considered they could be a Human Princess next season ?
>>
>>89677608
But Finn is already the human princess - his mom is the ruler of humans.
>>
>>89677726
that's a coincidental analogy since there are no princes in Ooo
>>
I wouldn't even be mad if Finn found some random human girl to be with towards the end when he restores humanity to Ooo, in reality though him being solo or getting FP/HW is most likely.
>>
>>89673880
The Candy Kingdom is an absolute monarchy, if you're going to be technical. A dictatorship uses military power to take control of the people, whereas she is in control out of the people's consent, have you forgotten that she was voted out?

>no provocation
The fact that you have weapons that are a very serious threat is provocation enough. What about that flame dude literally advocating to invade the Candy Kingdom?

>Starchy ran away
And she let him, when she programmed her advanced Gumball Guardian he said "Welcome back Starchy." She understood Starchy took off, they wear trackers so she knows where they are, because she's overprotective, not because she wants to moniter control over them.

>murder aliens
They weren't even murdered, and it was to look for places to ensure the Candy People will always live on. How is that any different than our current scientist postulating ways the human race will not go extinct?

>creating and exterminating life
Robots aren't alive, they weren't even the robots that have sentience. Only one of them developed sentience, and Rattleballs left. She has two options, let the robots be cruel and inhumane to innocent citizens, or get rid of them. And yes she left because she was voted out, and your mental gymnastics aren't going to change that.
>>
>>89677763
Prince Huge?
Box Prince?
>>
>>89678000
>Box Prince
Is that a legit kingdom. I think Finn even realized it wasn't one in the episode as well.

>Prince Huge?
Ehhh I'll give you that. It'll possibly be retconned somehow though idk
>>
>>89672400
>end game for Finn is either HW (as is now more hinted at than any other ship thus far)
It really fucking isn't, it's just that /co/ has gone spastic for it and they've hot-glued shipping goggles to their faces.
>>
>>89677608
>he thinks we will see island humans again
>>
>>89678114
>he thinks he's being interesting by defending the idea that everything is terrible and always go the wrong way
>>
>>89670524
I don't go to AT threads a lot, I'm not that updated with the show, and I don't really "ship" or whatever it's called, but I fucking love Finn and PB. Something about them just clicks for me.
>>
>>89670524
>PB being too old in an emotional and physical sense should not hinder Fubblegum from happening
That's not even the reason, did you ever think that maybe they don't like eachother? Finn hasn't shown any signs of attraction to PB for a while now, and the same for PB. They're close, but there's no romance, or anything that could be used as shipping fuel. Swap Marceline with Finn and see how much the bubbline fuel stands out.
>PB spills her drink
>Finn cleans her face
>"so, you gotta girlfriend, yet?"
>PB smiles as Finn is shocked when answering
>Finn tells PB about his dream, calling her nice
>"Y-you think I'm nice?" *blush*
>PB wearing Finn's jacket as she watches Marceline sail away
>PB wakes up, and deeply inhales the shirt Finn gave her
You fags would be all over this shit.
>>
>>89678075
>moving the goalpost.
>>
File: i_love_you_by_nekogumi7-d5br4d6.png (283KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
i_love_you_by_nekogumi7-d5br4d6.png
283KB, 900x1300px
>>89678168
damn skippy

>>89678214
IS box kingdom an actual kingdom? and I said I'd give you Prince Huge how is that moving the goalposts
>>
>>89678168
Ship isn't given anymore attention past season 6. In one episode, "The Suitor," which I'm very certain is season 5, Finn tells an admirer of PB that his quest for her isn't going to go anywhere.
>>
>>89673558
>But no, they turned PB into an oblivious totalitarian ruler and Finn into a sad snack
Another reason why I like the two of them/their pairing. They were both shit on by the later writers/storyboarders.
>>
File: Princess_bubblegum_and_Finn....jpg (15KB, 360x259px) Image search: [Google]
Princess_bubblegum_and_Finn....jpg
15KB, 360x259px
I just want to say that Loligum was really cute.

Like Super cute.
>>
>>89678264
He wasn't even trying to debate lmao
>>
>>89678248
>is the box kingdom an actual kingdom
It's principality
A Prince is just an heir, they don't even need a kingdom or land to rule to be considered one. There are a few princes in Ooo, enough with this autistic shit
>>
>>89678303
>>
>>89673746
>classic knight/princess
with twists and shit

I was really hoping it was going to be that kind of thing after the first episode
>>
>>89678307
I know, I'm just letting him know where the ship went
>>
>>89678320
Damn that feels so right.
>>
>>89678315
You're the one sperging out over small details
>>
>>89678337
Just so you can feel some validation hmm
>>
>>89673929
>So basically it was probably a simple love story about a boy becoming a man in order to get a woman but some people joined and said
>>what if we actually make this cartoon deeper with drama shit

You're making me sad, anon.
>>
>>89678347
Am I really? I just showed you two princes in Ooo and was just hoping that'd be the end of it
>>
Will his arm even recover?
>>
>>89674138
>They don't need to. They can just give a flashforward to Finn with some random woman at the end
I'm laughing over here while remembering How I Met Your Mother and the backlash it got
>>
>>89678369
No, let him know the ship pretty much ends in season 6
>>
>>89678391
Never hopefully. I had enough with his kinda fake grass arm.
>>
File: finnpb_by_luwo-d5mnzva.png (842KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
finnpb_by_luwo-d5mnzva.png
842KB, 1000x1200px
>>89678406
and feel validation

>>89678346
>>
>>89678444
believe what you want, you do it anyways
>>
File: latest[1].png (530KB, 898x672px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
530KB, 898x672px
Why is everyone a leftie?
>>
>>89676874
>p-please let us wallow in our delusion in peace
That's what most of 4chan, nay the internet, is for.
>>
>>89676779
They're good friends, and nothing more has been suggested from this.
>>
>>89678404
What caused the back lash? Just curious
>>
>>89678510
tell me what are your delusions anon
>>
>>89678602
A lot of people didn't like the ending, I think. The mother was introduced at the end, if I remember correctly, then she dies, and Mosby goes back to pining (and marries?) Robin.
>>
Is this show good?
I watched a handfull of episodes a long time ago and they were all over the place, kinda confusing.
>>
>>89674876
If cartoon relationships are that important to you you might as well end it now.
>>
>>89678738
I'd say it was great, leading up to the introduction of the Lich. The season leading up to the finale Jake The Dog/Finn the Human was good too.
>>
File: fubblegum____by_memmemn-d6ca1fp.png (286KB, 500x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fubblegum____by_memmemn-d6ca1fp.png
286KB, 500x1600px
>>
Tfw the ending is a where are they now

> Jake's kids have kids

> Betty fixed Simon and Patience took over the Ice Kingdom

> PB expands the Candy Kingdom into an urban esque city like we saw in Lemonhope while Marceline moves in with her

> Finn and Jake are seen in a forest doing as they please

> Fern becomes a wizard and get's the HW

> FP is expanding her kingdom with the help of Cinnamon Bun, Finn visits her sometime

Honestly the only thing that won't have a proper ending is Sweet P, as soon as he dies he's just going to become the Lich again. They really should have brought back a shit ton of that slime from the Citadel or had PB produce more of it so they could put Sweet P in a chamber of the shit for all eternity so the Lich would just be stuck in a constant limbo of dying then coming back to life as a human and living for ages again.
>>
>>89679049
into the trash
>>
>>89679049
put the lich in those human VR coffin so he can spend horror and destruction in some worlds.com reality
>>
>>89674876
at least do acid
>>
>>89674876
this show is what's keeping me alive right now. Once I finally see it end I'll have no reason to live. c'est la vie
>>
File: 1481992014971.jpg (345KB, 740x746px) Image search: [Google]
1481992014971.jpg
345KB, 740x746px
>first episode was in 2010
>tfw you realise you did nothing of value or accomplishment in the past 7 years
>>
File: 1465339853004.jpg (96KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1465339853004.jpg
96KB, 1024x768px
>>89677608
I thought this was the last season?
>>
I'm worried that hard meat don't get eat.
>>
>>89680541
There are 32 episodes left but I think season eight will be cut short so that a small ninth season can exist
>>
>>89678500
Because righties elected Trump who dropped the mutagenic bomb.
>>
>>89680786
Wrong. The end of the series was announced two months after AT was renewed for a 9th season.
>>
>>89680786
The eigth season has been finished, and season 9 is being animated still.
>>
>>89680541
Nope Season 9 is the last season, there's overall 32 episodes left. Islands stopped at the 14th episode for the current 8th season so maybe they'll stop at around 22 or 23 episodes so Season 9 can at least have around 22 or so episodes.

As long as they conclude most of the plot I'll be happy, as sad as it is for this to finally end after all these years, it's so surreal.
>>
>>89680866
Yeah. The recording process is done. All that left to do is animating.
>>
>>89680865
>>89680866
Ah, well.

Guess I was wrong.
>>
Speaking of recording, here is a photo from the finale party.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP_GpVQAPlg/?taken-by=oliviaroseolson

>Ako Castuera is in this
>Canyon will show up in the finale
>>
>>89680977
>Canyon will show up in the finale
She'll probably give Finn something that belonged to Billy to cement his status as the new ultimate hero of Ooo.
>>
File: 1484962764629.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484962764629.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>89680977
>not pointing out mother fucking Sucrose
>>
>>89681196
she had to be there dude, she did lots of important work on the show. not really sure it means she actually contributed anything else to the last few episode though.
>>
>>89681333
Do you really think she was there just because? Of course she contributed.
>>
Tfw the series is basically over at this point, we just have to wait to see how fucked we are for the ride
>>
>>89681654
there's definitely a chance. they may not have had anything for her to do but she still wanted to show up to the going away party of the show that kickstarted her career man.

I just don't think it means anything for certain unless someone actually says something about her doing work for it.
>>
>>89681792
>definately a chance
No, she did something you fucking autistic faggot
>>
>>89681792
Have you forgotten she's a storyboard artist, song writer, and voice actor? She did one of those things for the final episode. To even suggest she just showed up if fucking asanine.
>>
>>89673691
At least he sired Bronwyn. Bronwyn is a cutie.

Also potential ship mate for Finn.
>>
>>89682334
>>89682467
I'm just saying there's a chance she went to hang out and say bye to the show you fucking nerds, calm down.
show me where it says she actually did work on it and I'll agree with you fags but you can't so stop being fucking dumb.
>>
>>89682469
This is the ship I'm starting to hate. Yes, it's cute, but people starting to go apeshit over Finn romancing Bronwyn forget that they barely shared any words and had no screetime together.
>>
Bronwyn would be downright awkward, true they are both in that teen phase but she probably ages way too quickly for him, not to mention wouldn't he have to ask Kim whatever the fuck his name is for permission? Not to mention her getting screentime this late in the series would be pretty meh.
>>
File: 1471672461962.png (1MB, 1227x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1471672461962.png
1MB, 1227x1019px
I still believe that PB only think of Finn as a sort of pet.

>Besides, she's thrusting for vamp juices.
>>
that virtual reality episode was depressing

because it's our future
>>
>>
File: bestgirl.png (417KB, 650x921px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.png
417KB, 650x921px
so when will finn finally get with best girl
>>
>>89682817
Hell I'd be alright with it.
Though having all those weak as limbs would make it hard to enjoy it since you still need to use them to move around. It's weird that they apparently get super weaker if they're still moving their bodies inside of virtual reality, you figure that would give them enough exercise to not leave them as a bunch of hungry skeletons.
>>
>>89682877
She's gay, anon.

Let it go.
>>
>>89682877
thats not slime princess
>>
>>89683002
You are correct, that is not slime princess.
>>
File: BLACKED.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKED.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
>>89682877
It's too late. Best girl already got BLACKED.
>>
>>89678303
Loligum was a mistake. It's basically a shipping bait episode for a ship they killed within the same season.
>>
>>89683716
From what I read years ago, they didn't know what to do with Loligum. That's why she returned back to normal.
>>
>>89683912
They needed to let the ship go decisively at the start of season 3. It's clear they weren't heading in that direction, and it didn't make sense anymore considering PB's personality. The writers were trying to have their cake and eat it too.
>>
File: 1419875545041.jpg (28KB, 310x284px) Image search: [Google]
1419875545041.jpg
28KB, 310x284px
>>89684174
shaadthefuckup
>>
>>89683242
Can't wait for the Rule34.

>To be Finn is suffering.
>>
I JUST WANT FINN TO HAVE A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE COOL
>>
>>89684332
Finn has a healthy relationship with JUSTICE
>>
>>89684219
Try watching that episode and then What Was Missing, and you tell me it doesn't feel completely out of place.
>>
>>89672319
I think it's an appropriate ship, given they're two immortals. The only other immortals we know are decrepit af. What I am not too much a fan of is how straight relationships are portrayed as bad. First off, ash is a jerk who treats marceline like shit. Second, I forget his name but the candy person dude who tried to date PB was an obsessive sperg who couldn't take no for an answer. And besides it was pepbuts idea so of course it's got that whole angle of "you need a date/man to be happy". Even though it's got a comedic spin, Mr. Pig is portrayed as controlling and neurotic next to tree trunks' surprisingly free-spiritedness. Breezy is the female equivalent of the candy dude, obsessing over finn even though he clearly doesn't reciprocate her feelings. Finn and Flame Princess seem to sort of work, but she breaks it off because they wrote finn as manipulating her in a thinly-veiled voyeuristic ploy. Huntress wizard seems like too much of a sperg for a relationship in general. Plus ice king kidnaps women.

The only remotely healthy relationship in the show is Jake and lady rainicorn .
>>
>>89684410
But JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS, not even with Finn.
>>
>>89684332
Finn is a celibate knight, now and forever onward.
>>
>>89677199
At least PB has an actual character beyond being a love interest
>>
File: 1485904665096.png (229KB, 668x930px) Image search: [Google]
1485904665096.png
229KB, 668x930px
>>89684627
You bet Justice will never sleep while she is with Finn.
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 300x168px
>HW gets with Fern
>>
File: 1441221267114.png (956KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
1441221267114.png
956KB, 841x849px
>>89685004
>>
Not quite on topic, but the show seems to have a habit of introducing characters for one episode and then never mentioning them again.
>>
File: 1446683030549.png (241KB, 1034x878px) Image search: [Google]
1446683030549.png
241KB, 1034x878px
>>89685280
>>
>>89682517
>pretending it isn't a valid assumption
Slothful deduction
>>
>>89685317
Those would be caled 'one-off' characters. And it's odd you mention that because AT is well known for bringing back one-off characters, sometimes seasons later.
>>
>>89685317
Especially when certain characters are voiced by actors
>>
>>89685317
Welcome to the show, how did you enjoy season 1?
>>
File: 1479259831233.jpg (34KB, 663x663px) Image search: [Google]
1479259831233.jpg
34KB, 663x663px
>>89685004
They better not holy fuck.
She's the most recent female other than his mom that has showed him any affection.
Please just let him have this
>>
File: endgame.png (562KB, 1280x1047px) Image search: [Google]
endgame.png
562KB, 1280x1047px
Post yfw canon.
>>
File: can-stock-photo_csp6015263.jpg (21KB, 301x470px) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp6015263.jpg
21KB, 301x470px
don't care all that much
I recognize the show likes shoving the ship down the audience's throats and can see why people like it but I'm desensitized to it and it's not all that interesting to me

plus it doesn't seem like the show is actually gonna make it full on canon beside the 'wink wink nudge nudge those gals sure are close huh maybe closer than friends perhaps?' hints they keep doing so it's not like that's even a big deal, if they won't commit to it who gives a shit besides the shippers who have already been making that a thing since 2011
>>
>>89685484
https://youtu.be/ussCHoQttyQ
>>
>>89685621
and I'm a retard who didn't quote >>89685484
Bubbline is just whatever
>>
>>89685394
it is a valid assumption, but you're saying it's definitely true, which is false.
>>
>>89685484
What is wrong with PB feets in that pic
>>
>>89685767
The Candy Kingdom has some really fucked up foot binding practices.
>>
>>89678569
They made big ol' eyes so i wouldnt say that was pure friendship, although it doesnt even matter because they are not consistent with that at all
>>
File: 1382066870127.gif (157KB, 800x933px) Image search: [Google]
1382066870127.gif
157KB, 800x933px
>>89685484
>>
>>89685867
I didn't get a romantic vibe from that at all.
>>
>>89686002
I respect your opinion but I do think that it was something that was meant for pleasing fubblefags, even if they wont touch it anymore.
>>
This series have god tier art style, music, writing, voice acting, world devolpment, characters and plot, yet /co/ still brings this into a shipping thread, it's like I'm on /a/. This is not a high school anime for fucks sake. I hope Finn ends like a wandering lone wolf without Jake, I just want to get all your delicious tears from years of delusion shipping. Just like what happened with narusakufags
>>
>>89686146
Hmm okay, I can see that actually.
>>
File: 1485670642616.jpg (27KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1485670642616.jpg
27KB, 500x333px
>>89685484
>>
>>89686251
I think it's interesting looking at Finn's love life in regards to Finn's character development. We've seen him screw up with both PB and FP, so it'd be cool to see how he's matured from those experiences and enter a stable relationship with someone cool. Who he ends up with isn't really important except PB, because that'd be stupid
>>
>>89671036
>not seeing Jake as the real endgame
>>
>>89686251
>implying bubbline isn't going to happen
>>
>>89686534
The entire series portraits love as an eternal suffering and/or madness. I can't came up with a relationship that found somewhat stable love. The world is constantly falling apart.

Marceline/Simon
Simon/Betty
Finn/Martin/Minerva
Treetrunks/Mr. Pig
>>
>>89686745
I can't came up with a relationship that found somewhat stable love.

Jake/Lady Rainicorn?
>>
>>89686843
it was the first romantic relationship featured in the show too. I think the people who wrote season 1 were more stable and optimistic. not so obsessed with proving that romance isn't important (sign of people who can't get any).
>>
>>89677444
But she loves him and showed him motherly affection and care, is my point. And she could have sense talked into her, doesn't lie to him, and they parted on good terms. His meeting with her was fulfilling rather than harrowing, like with his dad
>>
>>89687008
Nah, they're not trying to prove that love isn't important at all. You've got it backwards, check Mortal Folly, where Finn defeats the Lich with the power of love, Dad's Dungeon or Josh and Margaret in general, and even just the brotherly love between Finn and Jake. Romantic love hasn't worked for Finn because he's young and stupid, not because the writers are trying to say romance isn't important.
>>
>>89685621
The wink wink nudge nudge is half the appeal honestly
>>
>>89684620
>Second, I forget his name but the candy person dude who tried to date PB was an obsessive sperg who couldn't take no for an answer.

PB canonically only went out with Mr. Cream Puff, and he never spoke even once in the series.
>>
>>89670524
Dude, pubblegum and marcie are already dating. Did you even see Stakes? I mean, marcie took Bonnibel to see her fucking (adopted) DAD for a nice DINNER. She literally took her to see her folk(s?)
>>
>>89686745
Where's the story in stable love?
>Jake/Lady
Zzzzzzzzz

People like tragic stuff

>>89687008
I think the fact that Finn has had so many issues with romance is proof itself that they don't think romance is unimportant. It's not to be taken lightly. If you fuck up when it come's to someone's heart, it's a big deal. A kid's likely to fuck up.

I'm glad they did Finn's arc like this. He is so much more mature now and I don't think that would've happened if things came easily to him and he didn't make mistakes to learn from.

He'll become a man that truly knows how to act with girls, (and not be a desperate horndog), as well as be in command of his life. '

Everyone's always envisioned Finn as being a great man when he grows up, a man's man, and the writers are just trying to show that greatness doesn't come easy. You can't just jump from "naive spazzy boy" to "cool manly badass" without some gruelling shit in-between

I'm thinking of Puhoy now, where he got a loving wife and family, and he was happy. He dreamt of this while hiding under the covers, thinking of his real-life girl trouble. It was literally a soft and cushy world, the dragon breathed pillows at him, everybody instantly loved him for doing such a simple task, and a girl came on to him and was easy to talk to. Everything was easy. The episode skipped through his dream life, not showing any of the work that would have had to be put into his relationship with his wife and family. Maybe that was literally how his dream went, skipping past things he didn't know about, just thinking of the ideal features of a perfect life, but not the time and effort it took to create it. Pure escapism
>>
>>89682877
Sorry Anon, marcie munches carpet. Good for her, but she ain't into dudes.
>>
>>89686637
That would still mean Finn is a wandering lone wolf
>>
File: ❤ by Bubb.jpg (125KB, 574x917px) Image search: [Google]
❤ by Bubb.jpg
125KB, 574x917px
>>89685484
>>
>>89688609
I always loved this quote by Jake in the episode -
>Jake: No! Being crazy is hard. You're getting all hung up, all hung up on imaginary problems. You gotta focus on what's real, man. You see this cup? This is literally my favorite cup. Now it's gone forever. So it's not real, and I don't care about it anymore.

He has a point, overthinking things and creating problems in your head will make things way more complicated than they actually are. But Jake's attitude is of a magic dog whose shapeshifting makes life pretty easy. You can't just throw away problems and expect not to care about them anymore. Your issues need to be faced and dealt with or they'll never go away. Showing us that he hung onto the cup reveals his hypocrisy
>>
File: tumblr_ohdy6m2SEB1rvjrl7o1_1280.jpg (107KB, 688x963px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohdy6m2SEB1rvjrl7o1_1280.jpg
107KB, 688x963px
>>89688610
Marcy is BI
>>
>>89686745

The only real problem with Mr. Pig and Tree Trunk's relationship is their child
>>
>>89688657

Well, it WAS his favorite cup and the shards were still real
>>
File: latest[1].png (206KB, 523x305px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
206KB, 523x305px
>>89688804
Mr. Pig just found out he was a cuckold. Tree trunks had alien kids.
>>
>>89688548
Man, they really didn't hold back on the bubbline in Broke his Crown. It's kind of crazy that people deny it's a thing after that episode. Like, you're free to think it's shit, but it definitely exists.
>>
File: tmp_776-1485291440202-955695576.jpg (37KB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_776-1485291440202-955695576.jpg
37KB, 480x351px
>>89685484
It shat on both of their personalities and ensured that their future interactions with Finn would be minimal at best.

I will never not be salty about this.
>>
>>89689125
Bubbline's impact on their respective personalities has been grossly exaggerated honestly. Outside of Stakes, I can only think of three episodes which focus on these two: Sky Witch, Varmints and Broke His Crown. The real reason that their interactions with Finn became minimal was more focus on side characters in the fifth and sixth seasons.
>>
Can someone help me with the Elemental plot?
What is going on and why theres two ice elemental in the same plotline? What is her deal?

Both Dr. Gross and Patience St. Pim will awake Lich for sure
>>
>>89688885
Yeah, was gonna point that out but I decided on using the word hypocrisy because he was saying Finn was getting "hung up" on things, and he hung on to his cup

but yeah, it really makes the metaphor work in that you can't get rid of real issues that easy.
>>
These are the only correct answers for the ending.

> Finn and Jake walking off into the sunset with Finn saying "Hey Jake.. what time is" and Jake is all like "Adventure Time?" and they brofist and walk off into the fields

> A large ass party with all the main cast and even some randoms in the background reminiscing over the events that took place

> Finn leading humans back into the flow of Ooo and meeting a human girl in the process who he see's and falls in love with.

> A Graybles episode where the chubby fuck is viewing the characters events years in the future aka an Adventure Time version of where they are now.

I never really gave a shit about Fubblegum, I have no clue what the appeal is with that ship but it's been dead for ages now. FP could ideally be a love interest again since she saw he matured and forgave him for being a dumb fuck, not to mention Adventure Time is all about this kind of moral shit. They could easily slap them back together and say "Everyone deserves a second chance"
>>
>>89689271

Well, yeah, he was just making a point
>>
>>89688992
Assuming they're actually a couple, can they even fully acknowledge and show it or will CN not allow it or something?
>but CLEARLY in that one episode they show
I'm not talking about the platonic teasing bullshit AT has been doing I'm talking about actually showing them kissing or saying it to someone like "oh yeah we totally gay for each other"

I don't think they have the balls for it desu (assuming that writers want them to be a couple)
>>
>>89689265
Ice King isn't a true Ice elemental, he gets his powers from Evergreen's (a previous Ice elemental) crown.

We have no idea what Patience is up to yet.
>>
File: oh-stop-it-prismo[1].jpg (59KB, 501x648px) Image search: [Google]
oh-stop-it-prismo[1].jpg
59KB, 501x648px
Prismake will never be real ;_;
>>
>>89689262
And the fact that they just flat out don't put Marceline in barely any episodes, I don't know why

And the focus on PB shifted to her own story, about her ethics in regards to her management and advancement of her kingdom, instead of just love interest/quest giver for Finn
>>
>>89689417

They're just friends you weirdo
>>
>>89689342
That remains to be seen. I hope they do, just to see them have the balls to follow through. It's getting near the end so what do they have to lose?
>>
>>89671931
Was it started getting self aware so they scraped i started new?
>>
>>89689421
That's why I'm so fucking pumped for the upcoming Marcy and Hunson episode.
>>
File: finn's prophetic dream.png (522KB, 851x481px) Image search: [Google]
finn's prophetic dream.png
522KB, 851x481px
What did this dream mean anyways?
>>
>>89689529
>being hyped about anything that is about marceline

she is one of the worst things that happened to this show
>>
>>89678835
Oh my glob, a fanart of Finn that doesn't show hair through his hat. Why is there so fucking little of this?
>>
>>89689581
Marceline simbolices fragility and vulnerability of humans. She is almost inmortal and sometimes she sounds pricky, but she is insecure inside and suffered a lot back when she was young. Without Marceline songs the show wouldn't be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLhSg9gPUus
>>
>>89689342
>(assuming that writers want them to be a couple)
They put a couple boarders who like the ship on the crew last season, feels like a deliberate choice to me honestly
http://mark-my-words.tumblr.com/post/61138340938/heart-by-emily-partridge

Even SU hasn't shown a full-on gay kiss. If AT beats them to the punch it would be nice bragging rights. Maybe. Does media still hype this sort of thing

I don't see the issue if the show's gonna be over soon anyway. But if it does it wouldn't be till practically the end cause they wanna milk the teasing for all it's worth
>>
File: old man.png (136KB, 698x377px) Image search: [Google]
old man.png
136KB, 698x377px
>>89689417
"Prismake" is real and always will be
>>
>>89689581
I'm pumped to see the fun loving Marceline I've been missing since what? Season 3?
>>
File: 2016-05-10-08-53-01-1396373622.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-10-08-53-01-1396373622.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>89689972
>ywn be this comfy
>>
I hope that everyone just dies and Ooo becomes truly empty, because they ruined every single character there
>>
>>89689559
It means Finn and his father will join together but baby lich will turn his back on them.
>>
>>89690014

Remember back when Marceline used to mess around with Finn and Jake?

I honestly can't recall the last time Finn and Marcy hung out without PB present...
>>
>>89691966
pretty sure it was Red Starved, an episode that aired over 3 years ago
also Finn and Marceline barely interacted because Finn was off on his own sidequest the whole time

pretty amazing how consistent they are with segregating those two
>>
>>89692014
sucks dick and i don't ship them
>>
>>89682469
>Finn ends up boinking Jake's grand daughter

It just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>89692014
It all began with I Remember You, when they fleshed out Marceline's backstory. I liked that just fine, but not at the expense of Marceline/Finn adventures.
>>
>>89692402

I don't ship anybody period, because I find shipping to be absolutely asinine...

Although I do lament how the social dynamics between Marceline, Finn, and Jake have been allowed to atrophy to such a gratuitous extent...

Remember, how Jake was once abjectly terrified of Marcy, and how those fears were realized in Red Starved, and then how the writers took that nowhere?
>>
I just want Finn and Marceline to hang out without PB, Marceline needs a life outside her fuckbuddy/girlfriend/gal pal
>>
>>89691966
>>89692014
And that episode where they went to the place the grape pop came from
They were chilling at a convenience store or something for like 2 seconds
>>
>>89689792
They literally had a female character kiss up her clear wife's neck, which is more intimate than a normal kiss. If they can get away with that, I can't imagine they can't get away with a mouth to mouth kiss.
>>
Bubblelinefags must feel so good and proud that their shitty lesbian ship exists only because of a retarded fad. No matter if it makes any sense or not, the pandering is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>89670524
>shippers still care enough to start discussion threads responding to posts made in dead threads.
>>
Trump Won The Election (1/3)
Brady Wins The Super Bowl (2/3)
Fubblegum becomes canon (?/3)

It's gonna fucking feel ooooooorgasmic when I go 3 for 3.
>>
>>89694520
Nope, not happening, no matter how much you or I want it I don't see it happening.

Unless dubz
>>
File: 1428027231009.png (154KB, 750x825px) Image search: [Google]
1428027231009.png
154KB, 750x825px
>>89695284
How much of a percent chance would you say it has not becoming canon Mr. Nate Silver?
>>
>>89695284
Trust me, HW is definitely endgame.

Check 'em.
>>
>>89695439

It's either going to be HW, a new character the writers shoehorn in at the last minute, or nobody at all...
>>
>>89695491
Yup. The only other option that could make sense would be Flame Princess, but I don't see them going down that route again.
>>
File: IMG_1629.png (110KB, 292x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1629.png
110KB, 292x376px
>>
>>89695491
I really don't see Finn ending up with HW, not that I don't want him to, its just that they don't seem that compatible in comparison to the others that he thought he had a chance with and then blew it.

They have been teasing something fierce with her though, I just hope it isn't something like GRASSED.com
>>
>>89697585
>They have been teasing something fierce with her though, I just hope it isn't something like GRASSED.com

I highly doubt it. I am curious as to what they're teasing her for though, if not a relationship with Finn. I don't see a reason to bring her back otherwise.
>>
>>89697585
>GRASSED.com
>domain is up for sale
If IT actually happens, I'm buying that shit
>>
>>89698225
Do it now while you still have a chance
>>
>>89694338
shipping is a mental illness, they can't control themselves.
>>
>>89699403
Shut the fuck up cuck
>>
File: 1360264855778.jpg (23KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
1360264855778.jpg
23KB, 448x336px
>>89700966
see?
it can't even form an argument for it's dysfunction, it just expresses frustration with it's existence and mindlessly repeats a contextually meaningless phrase.
pity the poor creature.
>>
>>89701041
If you have a cure for that illness or whatever you think it is, tell me. Give me something more than "just go out there" or "do something else"
>>
>>89701041
>living with a severely shipping prone child.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4PTf7LgsIE
>>
>>89691809
I have a theory similiar to that.

I think it means that Finn and Martin will reunite with each other, but the LIch is facing backwards in the group photo....
Still unsure what this means and why exactly he's in the group picture with a son and father in the first place.
>>
>>89689559
I fear it might be nothing because they won't have time to deal with it, or they've forgotten about it already.
>>
>>89701041
>>89701090
>>89701119
your need to feel superior to an anonymous person vie the internet is a mental illness too faggot

discuss the damn topic or go fuck yourself on /r9k/
>>
>>89701213
Finn is a cosmic entity so is his father, so it's pretty simple.
>>
>>89701565
>3 Gods living as mortals who's destinies are forever intertwined
Interesting
>>
>>89701588
I like where this theory is going.
>>
>>89701600
>>89701588
>>89701565
>>89701213
this is terrible.
>>
>>89701642
Why is it terrible? It's a fact that Finn isn't just a human. He's just living another life as an entity.
>>
>>89701652
It's 80% confirmed that Finn, Marten and the Lich are three comets, but that doesn"t make them Gods.
I don't really think there's such things as gods in the AT universe. There are god-like things, "entity" and people with godlike powers but that's about it. SO trying to project some trinity shipping with fucking Zelda reference seems really stupid to me.
>>
>>89701843
Well it wasnt my theory, I was just curious why you listed my post >>89701565 as terrible
>>
>>89701843
But thats just a theory...
>>
>>89701877
>>89701866
Yeah of course, i just wanted to present my opinion. And stir up the debate about Adventure Time to kill the debate about "is shipping autistic or waht hurrdurr"
>>
File: IMG_0174.jpg (21KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.jpg
21KB, 321x322px
>>89679467

>putting the lich in a place where he can be happy by killing everyone

This is the best end
>>
>>89702030
He's pretty much unkillable, so trapping him in a virtual world forever seems like a good plan.
>>
>>89672429
This.
>>
>>89695415
Ahhh big clothed tits, nice.

Also I thought the food Finn was eating was the Flapjack logo. Weird.
>>
File: IMG_0182.jpg (116KB, 580x870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0182.jpg
116KB, 580x870px
So are we ever going to see that adventure time movie?
>>
>>89702081
Probably not.
We haven't heard anything about it in years. I think Pen has quietly given up on it.
>>
>>89702045

Either that or wishing that the current timeline lich was incased in some material that he wouldnt be able to escape from then putting him on a rocket
>>
>>89670524
In season 6 finale Flame Princess was the embodiment of love and Princess Bubblegum was the embodiment of loyalty. Combining that with this atrocious lesbian fuckery makes Fubblegum pretty much impossible at this point.

The only reason people still like this ship just because of the early days. I mean, it could still work but the show writers buried it deeply.
>>
File: fubble by peppermintbat.png (294KB, 894x733px) Image search: [Google]
fubble by peppermintbat.png
294KB, 894x733px
>>89702206
>embodiment of love
I question that now

>buried
Soon Pen will take the holy shovel and bury Hanna and the rest for good..
>>
>>89702275
I'm pretty sure Pen Ward is aboard the Bubbline ship too
>>
>>89702275
>Reminder that Pen Ward wrote (part of) Varmints
>>
>>89695415
source?
>>
>>89688609
this guy gets it
>>
File: Here's Your Youu.jpg (60KB, 451x339px) Image search: [Google]
Here's Your Youu.jpg
60KB, 451x339px
>>89704164
>>89688609
>I'm glad they've done Finn's arc like this
>>>/trash/

>>89703839
>>89703917
all apart of his master plan
>>
Seeing all these AT threads made me want to check how things have been, is there a recommended place to watch/download episodes?
>>
>>89701877

I think its a good theory, that all 3 are based on the holy trinity in Christianity. Doesn't mean they're gods, just that they're connected in a way.

Also i kinda want to discuss something else other than shipping
>>
>>89705193
Kisscartoon is fine
>>
>>89703917
Pen doesnt give a fuck anymore, he probably said
>do whatever you want
and is there just because he is the creator.
>>
>>89702081
That's what islands was going to be before they made it a "miniseries"
>>
>>89673555
She probably didn't know what Jake's son was going to do to them, Kim Kil Wan had no obligation to tell Marceline.
>>
File: tumblr_okjb0nSlms1rcs9gvo1_1280.jpg (944KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okjb0nSlms1rcs9gvo1_1280.jpg
944KB, 1200x1200px
I think it'd be great if Finn hooked up with her
>>
>>89703917
To ensure they are just friends.

He knows his worker pool is contaminated with crazy SJWs so he has to prevent catastrophic damage
>>
>>89708581
How does that ship even make any sence? They had like, NO interactions with each other during the episode
>>
>>89701482
how about you and the rest of the worst part of the fandom fuck off and let people actually enjoy the show talk about it? hmm?
>>
File: 1405136649935.jpg (222KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1405136649935.jpg
222KB, 1278x1181px
>>89708581
>wants Finn to be creepy (great)uncle bad-touch
>>
>>89709250
Exactly. There's no baggage like previously with Fubblegum or Finnceline, just a boy meeting a girl who wants to be cool. It's the stuff where one can let your imagination run wild. Willit be a small life-board or a mighty sailing ship crossing the vast ocean?

But seriously, I like the idea of the two of them going in a dungeon and growing to like each other in a callback to Fire Princess.
>>
>>89708357
>>89708874
He was also on story for What Was Missing and Sky Witch. He's not against the pair at the very least.

>is there just because he is the creator.

He's been part of the writing team forever, albeit now a reduced role.
>>
>>89710309
Not even Jake knew he had a granddaughter.
>>
>>89710742
I think he gave up at some point seeing how he allowed some poor decisions and overall episodes. I don't know, maybe he's working on AT movie that will redeem it all, maybe not.

If he actually said that Bubbleline is good, well then, fuck him and fuck those retarded apes that work with him.
>>
>>89712885
I think you're assuming he had more control than he did - there's an entire team of writers and storyboarders, and they've always been given a lot of free reign.

In any case, I would say he's supportive of the ship considering he inadvertently revealed that they dated in the past.
>>
>>89713405

I mean like, why not. Both are the few people who have lived close to 1000 years. At somepoint you might develop some kind of romance or something more than romance or friendship
>>
>>89715696
I agree. It makes sense for them to be close after that long, and their personalities compliment each other quite nicely.

I'm neutral on romantic bubbline personally, because it's not like they do anything with it, but you can take it or leave it based on preference. I think the only people that get really upset by it are shippers ironically.
>>
>>89716209
>I think the only people that get really upset by it are shippers ironically.
I hate it because it's annoying. It took away from the two characters being near each other to just them ship teasing more and more.

Also, when was the last time Finn and Marceline interacted, aside from the ship voyage leaving? Also I don't think she even talked to him directly, she talked to Bubblegum about him right next to him.
>>
File: 1460062715717.png (467KB, 800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1460062715717.png
467KB, 800x2000px
Alright, just caught up.

And the fucking episode about Martin & Minerva getting together made me all the more certain.

Finn NEEDS to find himself a calm, kind girl.
Not some crazy jellybean shooting scientist, nor a crazy possibly evil fire, nor even the wild Huntress Wizard.

Finn, like Martin, needs to find someone to balance out the wilder tendencies, not exasperate them.
A more soothing girl that can understand and enjoy Finn's adventuring, but not necessarily particpate in it with him. Rather, she'd be there to bring him back from the brink whenever he starts to go too far. A beacon to guide him back home.

Fucking Roselinen was pretty much this perfectly, putting up with all Finn's shit, but still being there to humanize (or I guess pillowize) him and remind him of what's important.
>>
>>89718105
They certainly could've handled it better. If they're going down this route anyway, I'd like to see them just hang out with no pretext. There is potential for a very dynamic relationship, it practically writes itself.

I guess the last time would be Stakes or beyond the grotto if you count that. I don't blame bubbline for that though.
>>
>>89718520
I do
>>
>>89718759
They're not mutually exclusive y'know. We haven't had a solid Finn/Marceline episode since season 4 for many more reasons than just bubbline. They could've given us a Finn/Marcy episode when she had one with LSP for instance.
>>
>>89719170
Interesting, but I still do.
>>
>>89718488
I agree completely. Problem is that the only way for this to happen is to introduce a new love interest with 32 episodes to go (unlikely), or shoehorn one in at the very end, which would be pretty dissatisfying.
>>
>>89719830
>32 episodes to go
There's one more season left after this one
>>
>>89719872
32 is the total number of episodes left, including the next season.
>>
>>89719872
These last two seasons are shorter than usual, sorry to break it to you.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BP-QOTFgFTE/?taken-by=jedimom

We've had 252 episodes so far, and there's 284 total. 32 to go.
>>
File: 2917247-bubble_bub.jpg (53KB, 371x517px) Image search: [Google]
2917247-bubble_bub.jpg
53KB, 371x517px
>>89719994
>>89720006
does this mean they're going to go on a 6 month hiatus even earlier than usual?
>>
>>89720050
We might be on one right now. They'll probably dump them in bombs.
>>
>>89719830
I could see them introducing one near the end still.

I mean, they're introducing a ton of characters lately.

Finn meeting some quiet girl and them hitting it off could be enough really.
I imagine there's probably gonna be comics or some shit made after the end, which could act as ways to fill missing character development.
>>
File: 63f70414f0c76f6cc24e1170aead3dde.jpg (365KB, 1637x863px) Image search: [Google]
63f70414f0c76f6cc24e1170aead3dde.jpg
365KB, 1637x863px
So I am re-watching The Visitor and I notice this.
>>
>>89720335
Has there been an explanation of why he was imprisoned at the citadel yet? I don't remember.

In Islands he clearly loved Finn and his Minerva and that screenshot suggest he still does love her at least. Yet he doesn't seem to give much of a shit about Finn and never makes any effort to go back for Minerva that we see.

Hope they find a way to show what happened to him after the boat without kicking up another Finn backstory arc.
>>
>>89719830
>32 episodes to go (unlikely)
That's almost six hours of footage and as somebody mentioned earlier the entire FP arc is like 5 episodes.
>>
>>89709250
You've NEVER seen characters that would get along in ANYTHING and realized this before they actually met? Not possible unless you're under 18...
>>
>>89720509
I'm going to run with the 'head injury' excuse for why he's totally nuts now and not just a bit of an asshole like he was on the island, and predict that his interstellar adventures with the comet might restore his memory or at least vindicate him in some other way.
>>
>>89720509

I dunno but i want to say it has something to do with prismo. He wanted to forget who he was for whatever reason, wished his wish and shit just unravels from there
>>
>>89720133
I'm pretty sure we are getting the next episode at the end of February and then another 2 in April. I don't remember where I've heard that though, so maybe disregard.
>>
>>89672319
Every fucking idiot manchild on this board thinks the same way.

"It's genuine if it's for me"
"It's pandering if it's not for me"
>>
>>89720513
I don't see it, but I'll grant it's possible. More likely he ends up with HW than properly introduce a new love interest for my money.
>>
Are there really no FPfags left on this planet? They showed her in the comet episode as the representation of love and now in Islands Finn's memory of her is them kissing. Cmon.
>>
>>89721885
They better write the best love story ever told if they want me to forget about CB.

FP was a mistake.
>>
>>89721885
The relationship had amazing potential but it was ultimately wasted and FP is boring.
Trust me man, I would have loved to be an FPfag but they had to make it actually good for me to give half a shit.
>>
File: Flame-Princess.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Flame-Princess.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
>>89721885
I am a huge FPfag and enjoyed their relationship arc. She's still endgame for me, and I think it's possible.

Her newer episodes however have been sad and unnecessary and killed whatever magic was left.
>>
File: cream filled.jpg (89KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cream filled.jpg
89KB, 500x500px
>>89722075
>>89721885
>>89721948
>>89721997
I feel you guys
>>
>>89722436
Laughed at loud at this.

>tfw we will never see PB scold Finn for cracking lewd jokes
>>
>>89722514
I got another
>>
>>89722514
>>89722588
And yeah It's a shame we got Finn and PB in a sorta good but kinda awkward phase where they can't really shoot the shit together cause of the lust for gumpuss phase he went through. Who knows maybe we'll get another Pajama War with them
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nlawouh9711sklcac.png (32KB, 500x143px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nlawouh9711sklcac.png
32KB, 500x143px
>>89722618
>>
>>89722618
I hope so. I want the show to end with all the main crew on good terms, that'd be nice.
>>
>>89722636
>>
>>89722671
>>
File: IMG_0392.png (583KB, 765x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0392.png
583KB, 765x1400px
>>89722697
>>
>>89710309
W/e she'll be older than Jake by next episode.
>>
File: snickers FP.png (585KB, 600x728px) Image search: [Google]
snickers FP.png
585KB, 600x728px
>>
>>89722436
Oh, yeah.

I wasn't here when the episodes dropped.

How did anons react to the fact that Jake apparently impregnated Lady inside a gross run down swanboat at the Bottomless Pit of Love?
>>
>>89722760
Not necessarily.

I mean, who knows how her aging process will differ with them bear genes thrown into the mix.

Also, it seems like they all reach a certain age and then just stop aging altogether, or at least it drastically slows down.
>>
File: 49356101_p0.png (256KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
49356101_p0.png
256KB, 900x1200px
>>89722808
It wasn't that big of a reaction. I think maybe a dozen or two posts talked about it and that was it.
>>
>>89719564
But why?
Blame it on them not putting Marceline in episodes in general
>>
>>89672579
>PB ending up with Finn
>logical
It's literally the opposite of logical

She's permanently 18, things would get real awkward real fast as he gets on in years

And if you're ok with pedo Finn, would you be ok with him dying with thoughts of his wife living on without him and him being just a short phase in her lifespan?
>>
>>89722514
It's not like if we did it'd be anything new anyway. Women scold Finn and are generally seeming annoyed around him most of the time.
>>
>>89672400
>>89688609
>Pillow wife
>escapsim from real life
Oh man and now I realize the metaphor of it being like a manchild humping his body pillow
>>
>>89724017
moan moan moan
>>
>>89718488
But Finn is turning out to be a calm, kind, and soothing person. Like his mom. He's a helper, not an asshole like his dad
>>
>>89673667
Aren't we forgetting that the main villains now are The Founders?
>>
>>89672400
There's a new Island of humans now who might make it across the sea.

Maybe one of them had a crush on Finn.
>>
>>89724107
Yeah but I'm legitimately curious, how do Finn/Bubblegum shippers envision their relationship working out in the long-term? Do you just not think about it?
>>
File: nicoleandcookie The Pajama War.jpg (297KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
nicoleandcookie The Pajama War.jpg
297KB, 720x1280px
>>89724256
>Yeah but I'm legitimately curious
b8
>>
>>89724256
It's nostalgia fuelled. Anyone shipping them now isn't doing it based on their current relationship/personalities. They're invested in seeing the romance they were "promised" in the first two seasons play out, back when PB wasn't immortal and it was still a possible endgame.
>>
> all these people talking about immortality
> in a world where human consciouness uploading exists
>>
>>89724944
That would be a copy of your consciousness. Your original self would still die, just like Minerva did.
>>
>>89724847
>"promised"
You smacktalking mate
>>
>>89725031
I'm saying it's time to let go, anon.
>>
>>89725155
never
>>
File: S6 E23 Pajama War.png (1002KB, 1500x887px) Image search: [Google]
S6 E23 Pajama War.png
1002KB, 1500x887px
The dominoes have begun to fall fuckers. Have you all forgotten pic related? Watch the episode again. The relationship has rekindled, and in a romantic way most likely. Don't also forget when PB is bidding Finn farewell before his trip to the islands, and they were about to have a real moment, but then Fern jumped in and ruined it.

The dominoes have begun to fall. It is certainly a conceivable outcome at the very least.
>>
File: 1451583832534.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451583832534.gif
4MB, 500x281px
>>89725453
anon please my heart don't drag them through the mud again
>>
>>89674511
its been many days and the votes have tapered off
>HW first place
>FP second
>PB third
>>
>>89725453
shippers really don't have the capacity to understand platonic friendship do they.
>>
>>89725453
>making the show even more of a cancer again
Yeah, no. Let Finn fuck anyone, hell even his own mom, than this carpet munching Princess of Mixed Messages.
>>
>>89678500
Because they worship the devil.
>>
>>89726155
when you've never experienced receiving either platonic or romantic love it's hard to understand the difference.
>>
>>89670524
Don't care about ships, post pb being a dictator and treating the candy people like garbage and slaves.
>>
>>89726155
>>89726372
>>>/soc/
>>
>>89726432
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfVssMRb8Wg
>>
>>89726475
yeah I agree, /soc/ is where the shippers belong.
>>
>>89726532
wow
>>
>>89726540
More like where you and your buttbuddy belong m8
>>
>>89726566
nah, I've had sex, consensual and not purchased even.
>>
>>89726432
https://youtu.be/p7I-jXh7bdY?t=53
>>
>>89726532

This is some deranged shit...
>>
>>89726214
>hell even his own mom
i dont see whats wrong with that
>>
>>89726622
Consensual buttbuddy sex.
>>
>>89724256
Finn gets older and becomes a suitable partner for PB, its that simple. I dont know why you all assume that it has to be done right now
>>
File: 1485583742435.jpg (30KB, 225x349px) Image search: [Google]
1485583742435.jpg
30KB, 225x349px
>>89678500
lefties wins the mushrom war
>>
File: 1482339809416.png (148KB, 200x306px) Image search: [Google]
1482339809416.png
148KB, 200x306px
>>89685004
>>
>>89721885
FP will always in my mind be the greatest wasted potential of Adventure Time. Playing with Fire and the other comics showed that.

At this point, I don't think it would make much sense for them to get back together. In fact, I think it would be pretty unhealthy. And mind you, Burning Low is on my top 5 episodes list of AT, so I'm a massive FPfag. But Xayaphone killed her.
>>
>>89727196
>Burning Low is on my top 5 episodes list of AT

wat. explain yourself.
>>
File: Flame Princess.png (758KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Flame Princess.png
758KB, 1280x720px
>>89727366
As I said. I am a massive FP fag.

I like every episode involving her up until after Frost and Fire. Honestly, I also liked Frost and Fire. I just didn't like how they handled anything about the aftermath of Frost and Fire.
>>
>>89727411
It was buttbaby way to handle things in part because his ex played the character.

Also when is Cinnamon Bun gonna get offed for becoming an asshole.
>>
>>89727411
And it just got worse from there. Earth and Water was... okay, but Xayaphone decided to shit on her, Finn and every single character in The Red Throne. The worst part about this piece of shit of a episode is that Adam said in an interview that everyone from the crew was proud of the episode and he didn't understand the hate that it got.

At least Bun Bun fixed everything, but the damage had been done. FP was reduced to a side character after The Red Throne because the writers don't know what to do with her.
>>
>>89727464
Do you have a link to the interview?
>>
>>89727508
>The only downside of that is, you run into the haters as well — but Muto says you can't cherry-pick. You have to take the praise along with the hate. They were really proud of the episode "The Red Throne," in which Flame Princess almost loses her throne to her father, and Finn has one of his harshest lessons yet, getting shown up by Cinnamon Bun. But Muto says they were kind of shocked by how much a lot of the internet seemed to hate that episode.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/why-adventure-time-is-finally-breaking-its-status-quo-o-1564741572
>>
Would you be mad if Finn got a Mordacai-esque "here's a random girl" ending?
>>
>>89727464
what was wrong with that episode?
>>
>>89727611
A little bit, because it would make all the romance drama bullshit in season 5/6 pointless. Flute Spell was a fantastic episode to show how Finn has matured in approaching relationships, and I want to see them follow up on that.
>>
File: tumblr_o6v9ydZfYk1rbkf62o1_1280.png (19KB, 612x217px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6v9ydZfYk1rbkf62o1_1280.png
19KB, 612x217px
>>89727627
Everything

- The humor was weak
- The pacing was terrible
- Finn acting like a horny teenager
- FP acting like a jerk to Finn all the time, even when he isn't acting like a jackass
- Cinnamon Bun acting like a badass out of nowhere
- The flame shield asspull that fully baked CB
- The ending that pissed off the fanbase (at the time)

As for the ending, the crew confirmed at SDCC 2014 that CB and FP are not dating.
>>
>>89727611
that would be disappointing, since that girl wouldnt be her own person, and we dont know why she makes finn happy, she would be more like a trophy
>>
>>89727659
>FP acting like a jerk to Finn all the time, even when he isn't acting like a jackass

Such as?
>>
>>89727627
A lot. Its a weak episode and all of the players in it feel out of character. It seems to exist solely for the purpose of distancing Finn from FP, which wasnt necessary because by that point, they were already distant. By the end of the episode, nothing about the relationship between Finn and FP has actually changed in any real way. Its runs a holding pattern, while simultaneously not being entertaining.

And it really doesnt help that it aired on Valentines Day as a part of a bunch of Valentines Day specials that it was advertised along side of. Not sure if it was an exec thing or if that was a choice made by the crew, but the whole thing was presented as a ship tease.
>>
FP is more about teenage lust than love though.
>>
>>89727999
Eh, I disagree, but I can see how you could read it that way.

I think FP is just young love. Foolish, stumbling, bound to sputter out as both parties develop into the people they'll be as adults instead of the people they are as children. But still love. I think that to call all young love just Lust is doing a disservice to young adults.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-02-14h10m23s550.png (585KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-02-14h10m23s550.png
585KB, 1280x738px
Why isn't there more /ss/ of this show?
>>
>>89672965
>have an out

Most of society doesn't give a shit about lesbians, I have no idea why anyone would care so much about the whiny cunts that exist on dumblr.
>>
>>89670524
Old and gay, that basically IT.
>>
>>89728882
Finn grew up.
>>
>>89728464
I mean the lust is what ruined that relationship.
>>
>>89729126
Wasn't Finn lustful towards PB aswell? He probably still is but he has repressed it
>>
File: tumblr_ol0bqyqCtX1sr4vcxo1_1280.png (142KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol0bqyqCtX1sr4vcxo1_1280.png
142KB, 1280x782px
>>
File: 1454029976317.png (137KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
1454029976317.png
137KB, 526x436px
>>89730487
>>
>>89728882
>>89729035
>still same model
>under 18
we still got 2 years anon
>>
>>89730487
he looks like a faggot

still better hair than now
>>
File: IMG_0104.gif (3MB, 222x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0104.gif
3MB, 222x379px
>>89730487

Fug. I wonder if they'll do a what if episode if finn and martin never left the island.

>tfw you'll never see finn grow up to be a helper
>tfw you wont see susan and finnin somekind of close cousin like relationship

Fuck man, for whatever reason this gets me so sad.
>>
File: art.png (167KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
art.png
167KB, 792x792px
Look
>>
Has anyone ever been in Finn's position? Like how it was with him and FP? For me everything is just so awkward now, yet she still doesn't mind me being around her for some reason.
>>
>>89724177
Finn is clearly a combination of his parents.

Yes, he has the kind nature and desire to help from his mama's helper genes.
But he also has his selfish desires and dickishness that come up at times from his dad.
His insatiable wanderlust that keeps him adventuring isn't just his desire to help others, it's to do fun shit.

>>89730487
>>89730796
On the one hand:
>Minerva never shuts down
>Gross doesn't have the chance to go nuts
>Seeker Island is thus never deserted
>Happy family

on the other hand:
>Susan never escapes the clutches of the Seeker system
>Freida lives her dull, safe life forever
>Jake doesn't have an adventure bro (unless Jermaine winds up drastically different)
>Ooo is probably super fucked
>>
>>89731454
no
>>
>>89670524
>You fags are wrong if you throw this ship away just because PB is too old.
It's an American cartoon. Never gonna happen.
>>
>>89685975
>gif
>not animated
Why tf do people still do this?
>>
>>89731489
>Ooo is probably super fucked

Well yeah, as soon as The Lich killed Billy, that's endgame if Finn and Jake aren't there to save reality.
>>
so now that islands is finished when season 9
>>
>>89682901
Marceline's had a boyfriend before. She likes both like your typical attention whoring rocker chick types.
>>
>>89733087
S8 isn't over yet.
>>
>>89730796
Could be an interestening avenue. One day, Susan disappears and Finn decides to pursue and find her to fix her damage so she can return. His trail leads him to a devasted continent, called The Land of Ooo.
>>
>>89734200
sounds pretty cool in all honesty

I still believe that there's a good chunk of the world that's just all wasteland and hasn't been rebirthed like Ooo and the islands, either due to a recent destruction spree of the Lich or just the scar of the nuclear war that hasn't been able to heal.
>>
>>89734700
Doesn't that pretty much describ the very first place we see in the intro sequence? Have our heroes ventured there yet?
>>
>>89735781
that's somewhere in Ooo I'm pretty sure, at least in the way it's framed.
there's some places in Ooo that still have bombs and junk tech and stuff.
>>
So what do you think about this scene
https://youtu.be/2fjd9agqfr4?t=2m10s
>>
>>89736750
it was weird to me that Marceline couldn't even be assed to give Finn a hug before he left.
weirdly PB seems like a much better friend to Finn than Marcy has for the past few years even with all the shit that went down between her and Finn with romance drama and manipulation and whatnot, at least she does stuff with Finn which is more than can be said for Marcy.

Jake saying bye to his kids was great.
>>
>>89736750
I like it because it shows PB and Finn are well and truly past that awkward phase in their relationship. Didn't get any romantic vibes if that's what you're angling. If anything it seems like an attempt from the writers to distance from that: "Keep the part where she's our boss, and forget everything else." The hug at the end wasn't played up at all either, like it would've been for younger Finn when he was romantically interested in her.
>>
>>89737078
>If anything it seems like an attempt from the writers to distance from that: "Keep the part where she's our boss, and forget everything else."

He said that because he didnt want fern to go for PB. But I agree, it was more like a brother/sister hug. Who knows lol, this show sends mixed messages
>>
>>89737171
>He said that because he didnt want fern to go for PB.

I got the sense he said it because he was embarrassed about it as well, like Finn is eager to leave those memories and feelings in the past.
>>
>>89737392
Maybe he is repressing his feelings for the sake of abandoning them one day entirely. I like that idea more, because it makes him more human in my opinion. In the end PB is just his boss.
>>
>>89730425

> ... bound to sputter out as both parties develop into the people they'll be as adults

Uh...

Is that what happened?

I could have sworn that Finn and FP broke up over Finn developing a fetish for watching his girlfriend being beaten up by an old man?
>>
File: 1485522490769.png (2MB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1485522490769.png
2MB, 960x1280px
You think we'll get a legitimate spin-off when AT ends?

I don't want to say good bye if we don't have to
>>
>>89738124
Both are intelligent now that Susan is back to her full capacity.

I say it could be worth a mini delving into the husks of the old world for exploring sake.
>>
>>89738208
>Mini
I'd prefer an actual spin-off, I wouldn't complain if it was an arc but still

When was the last time got a spin-off anything lately?
>>
>>89738124
Nah, the team has already all moved onto different things and I'm pretty sure that CN isn't desperate to keep an AT-lite show considering the way they're treating it.

Maybe we'll see a reboot in a decade.
>>
File: 1483549093171.jpg (163KB, 1025x765px) Image search: [Google]
1483549093171.jpg
163KB, 1025x765px
>>89738439
CN doesn't know shit from their ass

But you've got a point, as much as I don't want AT to end I don't want then to overly rely of just reusing what they have already.

Then again, we already three fucking reboots one of which CN seems to want to shove in fucking faces every moment of the day.
>>
>>89689491
when regular software becomes self aware and needs to be replaced monthly
>>
>>89670524

Post-Sugar writers nuked it into the ground. I'd rather Finn's love life just get handwaved in a series epilogue, since way, WAY too many episodes were wasted on relationships that went nowhere.
>>
>>89738124
>people throw shitfits over bubbline
>not over this pure /u/ couple
So, do they just hate bi chicks or something? Or do they still hold some kind of belief that Finn will wind up with one of those two but not Susan?
>>
>>89741001
you weren't here for the first few Islands threads if you think people weren't throwing a shitfit over Susan and Frieda too guy
>>
>>89741001
Marceline isn't bi
>>
>>89741444
She dated Ash
>>
>>89741845
What is "a phrase"
>>
>>89742132
A group of words that express an idea?
>>
>>89742184
fuckin GOT EM
>>
>>89739392
relationship episodes could be okay if they werent so garbage. Instead of a nice adventure they went for cheap drama.
>>
>>89741001
I think it's because Susan was never considered an option for Finn and the other girl had next to no interaction with him, so them getting together was no big loss.

Bubbline on the other hand cut off two different Finn shipping routs simultaneously while making him look like a chump.
>>
File: so_spice_by_cheeseblade-d46ypm8.png (261KB, 718x560px) Image search: [Google]
so_spice_by_cheeseblade-d46ypm8.png
261KB, 718x560px
>>89737027
>>89737078
>>89737171
>>89737392
>>89737796
delete
>>
>>89746111
TOO YOUNG

AND

TOO OLD
>>
>>89746445
TOO CUTE!

AND TOO PERFECT!
>>
>>89746111
>>89746531
I can't wait for AT to end so I can drink all of your tears.
>>
>>89746758
no
>>
File: Star Hug.png (575KB, 829x724px) Image search: [Google]
Star Hug.png
575KB, 829x724px
>>89746531
>Cute and Perfect
STOP STEALING OUR MANTRA REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1m6ZVYd.png (458KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1m6ZVYd.png
458KB, 1280x720px
>>89746821
Pure and....uh....Sweet?
>>
>>89746933
See, that's a good one. Descriptive of the ship and the characters. Good job anon.
>>
File: HE HE HE.jpg (271KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
HE HE HE.jpg
271KB, 560x560px
>>89746531
>>89746977

MORE LIKE

IMPOSSIBLE

AND

ILLOGICAL
>>
File: B6L1gUs.png (302KB, 600x680px) Image search: [Google]
B6L1gUs.png
302KB, 600x680px
>>89746531
CUTE AND CANON
>>
>>89746933
PLAYFUL AND LEWD
>>
File: Finnceline.jpg (114KB, 601x1328px) Image search: [Google]
Finnceline.jpg
114KB, 601x1328px
>>89747219
forgot pic
>>
File: 1442202198051.png (45KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
1442202198051.png
45KB, 500x473px
>>89746977
thx m8

>>89747026
>>89747158
ey fuck off

>>89747219
>>89747248
I can dig Finnceline m8

SUCK AND BLOW
>>
File: FP.png (193KB, 800x970px) Image search: [Google]
FP.png
193KB, 800x970px
RECKLESS AND FUN
>>
File: 1449902415642.png (131KB, 510x660px) Image search: [Google]
1449902415642.png
131KB, 510x660px
PURE AND PERFECT

Wait... fuck we already were told not to use that one by the delusional starfags.
>>
>>89747849

FAKE AND NONEXISTENT
>>
>>89747158
>Canon

reee
>>
File: M6z7RYB.png (607KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
M6z7RYB.png
607KB, 600x850px
>>89747986
Shhh, just accept it.
>>
>>89748476
disgusting
>>
harem end
Thread posts: 517
Thread images: 111

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.