[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brie Larson is the only thing that can save this character huh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4948.jpg (28KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4948.jpg
28KB, 250x250px
Brie Larson is the only thing that can save this character huh?
>>
File: shit yaas queen.png (717KB, 591x689px) Image search: [Google]
shit yaas queen.png
717KB, 591x689px
maybe

but she'll have to be like the female RDJ to pull that shit off
>>
File: 1479936269403.jpg (258KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479936269403.jpg
258KB, 799x1200px
>>89662318
she doesn't need saved. A Carol who keeps fucking up is a Carol written properly. She's possibly the only cape Marvel has immune to Bendis's bullshit because she's already too broken a person
>>
Brie can't save Carol because she doesn't have much to work with

Who are Carol's villains or supporting cast?
>>
>>89662502
She's the perfect role model for Trump's 'murica
>>
>>89662531
>implying marvel characters have supporting casts or individual villains anymore
>>
>>89662535

>We're gonna build a wall around the future, and Iron Man will pay for it!
>>
>>89662531
>Who are Carol's villains?
Moonstone, I guess. Her mainly rival (Rogue) is a far more relevant character.

>or supporting cast?
She has a cat, doesn't she? So there's that.
>>
They need to do more Ultimates style sci-fi and military stuff.
Fuck this mother fucking slice of life bullshit.
>>
>>89662531
>supporting cast?

currently T'challa and the Ultimates, Alpha Flight and SHIELD
>>
>>89662318
Brie Larson isn't really that good of an actor. She really needs a good supporting cast or she'll just plays generic bitchy girl who has issues.
>>
>>89662318
>D*sney
>saving anything
>not slashing and burning everything that was good

They're going to gut her already-neutered character and force it in everything for synergy. You can already see it happening in MvCI.
>>
Who the fuck will be the villain of the movie? I won't pay to see generic Krees.
>>
>>89662728
I am hoping for Cru, we could see his monsterous form and then later have it imitate Carol so Brie could play both Carol and her foe.
>>
>>89662318
A good writer who knows what to do with her is the only thing.

The movie being good won't matter if the comic writers keep being shit, just look at GotG.

Now if we're talking in terms of general popularity? If the movie is decent I guess, there's no way her movie will bomb but if it's shit people will give it shit ratings and proclaim it to be shit regardless what the Feminist and shills say.

Just look at the recent girl Ghostbusters
>>
>>89662531
>Who are Carol's villains or supporting cast?
Skrulls, The Brood, certain Kree who have issues with her, the Kree Supreme Intelligence who wants to weaponize her, The Brood, Mystique, Moonstone, Rogue, Mothers with daughters, Marcus Immortus, The Brood, Kang,

>Supporting cast
Brand, Jessica Drew, Anya, The Starjammers, SWORD, Alpha Flight, the staff at the magazine she was editor-in-chief for, her PR agent, and Gazorpazorpfield
>>
>>89662728
probably the Kree Supreme Intelligence.
>>
>>89662531
Most of her own villains are either with the X-Men or are from other properties.

What little she has had of supporting cast gets shafted everytime a new writer comes in or they make her supporting cast characters from other franchises (and then switch them around when the new writer comes in).

I mean same shit happens with Wonder Woman's supporting cast but at least with Diana DC is trying to go back to her roots with Etta and Steve and her villains can still be used in her movie.

What will most likely happen is that she'll inherit Mar-Vell's villains, especially since it looks like they'll give her the Kree as her antagonists in her movie. She also already fought Yon-Rogg and Dr. Minerva in the comics. Maybe they can introduce Moonstone and then take her to the Tbolts.

As for supporting cast? For the movie they'll going to have to dig deep and reintroduce and remake certain character she had as supporting cast in the past (probably make new ones). They could use Jessica Drew but because she's Spider-Woman and even though she has little to do with Peter she's considered a derivative of the Spider-Man franchise and Sony might not want Marvel Studios to use her (plus if they ever have a Clone Saga in the Spider-Man movies I rather see Peter's female clone Jess). I guess Mar-Vell might end up being part of her supporting cast too.

Comic wise? Right now she has Alpha Flight.
>>
If they're smart they'll bring in Jess as a supporting character and groom her to be Widows replacement once Scarlet leaves. Plus I can't get enough of Carol/Jess banter
>>
>>89662728
They'll probably give her Yon-Rogg and the Supreme Intelligence or Mar-vell's villains.
>>
>>89663175

Jessica Jones or Jessica Drew
>>
>>89663175
Isn't Drew under the Spider-Man license? I guess she can appear without being Spider-Woman but then again Bendis went and made a female clone of Peter who is also named Jessica Drew and then Sony might contest that her rights fall under them.

Maybe Marvel can introduce her as Jessica Dwight or something.
>>
>>89663129
honestly they could use Drew with all her powers and backstory but just not give her the Spider-Woman moniker.

it'd be kinda funny if Carol spent the whole movie calling her Hydra-Girl
>>
>>89663129
Isn't the only one of hers with the X-Men Rogue?
>>
File: M3aRhhY.jpg (41KB, 645x303px) Image search: [Google]
M3aRhhY.jpg
41KB, 645x303px
>>89663287
From the Sony leaks

And they're working with Marvel Studios for the moment so they might get some spider stuff still.
>>
File: 1480271062638.jpg (90KB, 535x476px) Image search: [Google]
1480271062638.jpg
90KB, 535x476px
>>89662318
Who says she needs saving?
>>
>>89670258
Sales
>>
Is her comic version going to get better or worse when writers start lifting elements from the movie?
>>
I dont know where you guys get that they will be using Jessica Drew, spider-woman was never part of her origin.
>>
>>89670652
Just look at current Gotg and post movie Avengers by Bendis
>>
File: 385.jpg (311KB, 1062x1280px) Image search: [Google]
385.jpg
311KB, 1062x1280px
>>89670689
She's the love interest obviously
>>
>>89670761
I dont think the movie writers will read your fanfic anon.
>>
>>89662318
its a fresh new take on the character, they can make this work
>>
>>89663195

Maybe throw Destructor or Head Case or someone like that in as Yon-Rogg's earthling ally, since he's more than likely going to be the villain.
>>
Why did Marvel feel the need to do such a large push for Carol in the comics BEFORE the movie came out?

Movie goers don't read comics. The comics certainly aren't "prepping" the audience for the eventual film in any way. The film itself will probably be an entirely new entity that doesn't reflect the comics and instead cherrypicks the best bits and pieces from the character's whole history, and moviegoers won't go out to buy the comics after they see the film.

This constant Carol push is totally meaningless.
>>
>>89662694
I literally can't think of a better person in the role. She's perfect
>>
>>89662931
>SWORD
HYPE
>>
>>89670729
Hickvengers released post Avengers movie. it's just bendis
>>
>>89676470
worked for Deadpool
>>
File: fighter_pilot_by_gabbie-d5ig7ys.png (593KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
fighter_pilot_by_gabbie-d5ig7ys.png
593KB, 700x700px
>>89676470
Because she's a great character who is underappreciated.
>>
>>89662318
Why do I see OP's picture and think of this?
>>
>>89676606
Go away Reignsfag.
>>
>>89676597
I don't think she's great character but with the new direction there's promise. She just needs a good writer. I don't hate KSD but the character needs to move on from her clutches now
>>
>>89662502
>>89662535
These.
She's perfect.
>>
>>89676606
We need to make her look strong?
>>
>>89662694
How's your Oscar cabinet doing?
>>
>>89676606
I was gonna call you a fagt but upon looking at the OP again okay you made me smirk.
Still, there are tons of better Reigns analogies. Riri springs to mind. Carol's more like when Miz Miz became champ; she scratched & clawed for this shit.
>>
>>89662594
Couldn't Reed Richards just science one up for a small cost of a million dollars?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.