[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powers TV Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: PlayStation-TV-Show.jpg (107KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation-TV-Show.jpg
107KB, 700x500px
I know it may not have been the greatest adaptation, but the transition from Season 1-2 was remarkable as they improved nearly all the problems with the first season. The Death of Retrogirl was given new weight due to all the character building they did in the prior season and Supershock being played by Michael Madsen was genius. I was personally stoked for the third Season but I was disappointed to learn they cancelled it.

Season 1 Trailers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1yNhPGrOFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8qukpfAolY

Season 2 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRfGUnEq5Xk

The first episode is actually available here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt2znyyXt3g
>>
File: powers-wolfe-825x580.jpg (239KB, 825x580px) Image search: [Google]
powers-wolfe-825x580.jpg
239KB, 825x580px
I never did quite understand the full extent of Wolfe's abilities. I do love the fact that he fucking eats people. Gives the term monster a whole new meaning.
>>
>>89656849
Izzard was Schweet in the role but the series definitely dragged in parts. The comic was leaps and both bounds better but I've never seen it story timed
>>
>>89657096
I'd be willing to storytime if people are interested. Can't do it now but maybe in the next upcoming days.

Also did anyone have a strong opinion on who they got to play Deena? Wasn't a fan at first but she grew on me as the series progressed.
>>
Shit comic, shit show
>>
It's a shame there won't be a third season because I would really like an explanation to the cliffhanger ending of season 2

like, did Christian go to Heaven (or the capeshit equivalent)?? We will never know. I tried to ask Bendis but I got no reply
>>
>>89659429
Care to elaborate on what you specifically disliked about the show? I know the acting was atrocious in points and some of the dialog was absolutely grown worthy, but I felt it provided something different that the CW superhero shows don't even scratch the surface of. It really focuses on the human aspect of powers rather than the "majestic".
>>
also Calista and Zora make my dick stiff
>>
Playstation was a terrible platform for a TV series
>>
>>89659490
I think Christian was abducted by aliens similar to how he was gifted "otherworldy" power in the later volumes of the comic. Also what did you think on Supershock being the final endgame threat due to going insane from probably living too long. His body may be invulnerable, but he's still subject to neuronal detioration associated with Alzheimer's.

The abs on this costume were ridiculous but I loved them.

>>89659565
For some reason Calista felt like a child to me in season 1 and I felt kinda creepy finding her attractive (even though she was in her twenties). She filled out in Season 2 though and loved hot as fuck
>>
>>89656682
>I know it may not have been the greatest adaptation
Nigga, it was straight up ass. My dad works for Playstation Network, so we watched the first episode together to see what was being offered, and we both thought so.

The sound editing was so poor, it was difficult to understand what was going on, and Sharlto's accent didn't help there, the acting was mostly poor, simply because people seemed miscast. The main guy seemed lame and uncharismatic, while everyone around him tried to act like he's so hot, the Powers division never seemed convincing, why the police would have a "Powers division" to deal with supercriminals, and not have recruited any powered people to work for them, and the plot meandered. My dad didn't have much faith in the future of Playstation's original programming after that, and I walked away wondering why they keep adapting so many Bendis comics to TV.
>>
>>89659764
>My dad works for Playstation Network
>>
>>89659892
You can believe it or don't. I only mention it because it's the only reason I was interested in this show.
>>
>>89660087
I know you may disagree but I maintain that the series substancially improved from the transition to season 1 to 2. It really did.

Triphammer for best bro.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.