[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best DC Movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: p043h4ht.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
p043h4ht.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
I know people give it shit, but it really is the best DC Film (hell, best Snyder film for that matter) they've done in the last 20 years.

How do they keep fucking up?
>>
Dark Knight is definitely better.

Honestly, I tried watching the Watchmen about a month ago and couldn't even get past the opening fight scene. Snyder completely misses the tone of the comic by opening the movie with a badass slo-mo fight scene.

Still a decent movie though. Gorgeous visuals and Manhattan, Rorschach and the Comedian are perfectly cast
>>
>>89653847
Watchmen ruled
>>89654170
The Dark Knight kinda sucks in hindsight.
>>
Given that all of the Batman movies except maybe the last one were better I would say no.

It's pretty sad since Watchmen is great source material and Snyder still wasn't able to to do a good job with it.

I will say having the explosions caused by Dr. Manhattan over GIANT SQUIDS. Is an improvement and what should've happened based on plot progression.
>>
>>89653847
As >>89654170 pointed out Snyder missed the tone of the book. Also he missed the point of other then Doctor Manhattan all the vigilantes are normal not super people.
>>
>>89654372
>I will say having the explosions caused by Dr. Manhattan over GIANT SQUIDS. Is an improvement and what should've happened based on plot progression.
end this meme
>>
The prison fight scene with its slow mo was fucking trash.
>>
>>89653847
I liked it, I think Snyder was trying to adapt it to movies and make it about how spectacular super people can be pathetic and flawed too and not just humans.

Its like if within the watchmen universe they did a movie "based on a true story" about the events that took place, it would be "movized" as portrayed in the Snyder movie. I think this is also shown by the fact that on the ultimate edition there is an extra thats a tv special about the Under The Hood book that is used in the Watchmen comic. It would exist as an in-universe tv special.
>>
The fact that the Watchmen movie ended with so many new Rorschach fans being created is evidence that somehow the movie missed the point.
>>
Or maybe he just works for a big studio and had to choose between putting a few action scenes or completely changing the plot and characters because the studio demanded normie appeal

Snyder's Watchmen is the most faithful and best adaptation Hollywood could ever realistically have done of Watchmen.

Compare it to the previous cancelled treatments of the movie. Its a miracle we got the movie as we got it. And yes, all thanks to Snyder.

You could argue that it was better not to be filmed, and maybe you would be right, but Warner was going ahead regardless and frankly the sacrifices were small compared to what could have been.

Anyone not getting this is completely oblivious of the reality of Hollywood.
>>
>>89654424
It makes more sense on paper but in the end loses some of the charm. Having it be Manhatten makes everything tie up nicely while the other way just makes you realize how fucking small the story of every character is. Nobody in that book thought that a fucking giant alien monstrosity was gonna show up and end the lives of half the supporting cast fucking randomly. By the time the heroes even realize something's up the villain had already won in a way they could never have even fucking believed.
>>
The opening credits are nice.

That's about all I got.
>>
What is the point of Watchmen?
>>
>>89655104
The comic? Tell a story that Alan Moore felt had not been told in a way that would highlight and reinforce the strength comics have as a storytelling medium.

The movie? Cash in on one of the most popular comics of all time.
>>
>>89654668
>The fact that the Watchmen movie ended with so many new Rorschach fans being created is evidence that somehow the movie missed the point.

You could say the same thing about the original comic.
>>
>>89654170
>. Snyder completely misses the tone of the comic by opening the movie with a badass slo-mo fight scene.

And you missed the point, it was a movie, not a comic. The action is there to turn a several issues book that included notes into a movie.

>>89654374
>Also he missed the point of other then Doctor Manhattan all the vigilantes are normal not super people.

No one is super people, ozy is peak human, the rest are not. There's nothing wrong with Stylished action, it's not meant to be realistic and it add to the movie not looking like a generic movie.
>>
>>89654958

Squid makes more sense but really would have looked fucking stupid on screen.
>>
>>89655376
Yes, but he is an idiot. He watched the rumblings of one retard on youtube and hates Snyder so much that can't see that the movie managed to do everything it should: Different characters portray different ideas (utilitarism, absurdism, absolutism, etc) and the how superheros existing would change the world even in a pretty realistic story, Those are the points moore was doing, complaining about the action is dumb: Watchmen final monster gore is shocking, while in the movie we see broken arms, people bleeding when they fight, it's the same concept, those are UGLY images, but in one medium you had the chance to make everything grow during a year while in the other you have to spread it in a few hours. Watchmen is a GREAT adaptation, and the merit was understanding that the comic isnt a storyboard, even if you tak some literal escenes it wont mean the same in a movie you are watching as it will do on a comic you waited 30 days to read and read and read again for an entire month.

Rorschach in the comic and the movie is the most heroic character, but he doesnt save the world, the most superhuman one? he put the world at risk, and the villian (even thoght he was the worst part of the movie) is still the guy that saved the world. I really hate Not muh watchmen idiots, it's all about hating Snyder at this point. I really hope they would waste their time screaming at Johns, someone that REALLY will fuck up. Watchmen is fine, but is the best proof that ine of the greatest comics ever wasnt a storyboard for a movie. It's a decent well done movie, and that's it.
>>
>>89655492
>Squid makes more sense but really would have looked fucking stupid on screen.

This... And i'm 100% sure that Snyder was really sad about not being abble to use a giant monster alien squid. The squid was better, but in live actions it would had broken the movie.

I do want Snyder moving from cape movies and to direct King Kong vs Godzilla, everyone would be happy
>>
>>89655755
Except for King Kong and Godzilla fans.
>>
File: gotham.jpg (158KB, 1500x841px) Image search: [Google]
gotham.jpg
158KB, 1500x841px
>>89653847
Gotta disagree, Burton's Batman films are the best DC movies in my opinion. Their interpretation of Gotham is spectacular.

They were a huge stylistic influence on BTAS, too, so that's a huge plus.
>>
>>89655426
I agree that change isn't inherently a bad thing in an adaptation, but I don't think Snyder did a good job of balancing the original story with the action movie elements.

I can maybe see what he's going for by making the emotional action scenes (comedian's murder, Eddie trying to rape silk spectre) look like the over the top superhero fights that we are used to, but IMO they come off as silly instead of having the dramatic punch that the story requires.
>>
>>89656156
I like Burton's Gotham. It looks like it smells terrible. Schumacher's was also great in a completely different way. Giant building sized statues and neon all over the place was weird as fuck but it was memorable in its uniqueness.

...Then Nolan happened and it's just Chicago. Such a shame.
>>
>>89655426
The argument is that the extreme stylization and a lack of subtlety lend too much to the conventions being played straight rather than deconstructed as they were in the original text.
>>
>>89653847
>DC Film

Calling Watchman a DC Comics title is like saying an adaptation of Speeding Bullets, Red Son or Justice Riders would be the best "DC" film. You can call it a good adaptation of a film published under a DC Comics imprint (and you'd be WRONG) but it's not a DC Comic title.

You might as well say a potential adaptation of Fables or Sandman would also be in the running.
>>
>>89656705
Watchmen wasn't published under an imprint, though

Vertigo didn't even exist until 1993
>>
>>89653847
Nah, Superman Returns was honestly better than Watchmen, and Man of Steel, and Batman v Superman.
>>
How many millions did they spend rendering that glowing blue cock again?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.